Arc #32: The Dog Days of Summer

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
ctcmjh

Re: Arc #32: The Dog Days of Summer

Post by ctcmjh »

Kyderra wrote:To late!

Guess (c) copyright isn't what it use to be
I'll just have something else as the start! I don't need your idea about King joining the K-9 unit! I'll get a better idea about King! With Blackjack and hookers! In fact, screw the idea about King!
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

ctcmjh wrote:

I'll just have something else as the start! I don't need your idea about King joining the K-9 unit! I'll get a better idea about King! With Blackjack and hookers! In fact, screw the idea about King!
Hookers aren't PG, my friend lol.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Dr. Prower wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:

Hookers aren't PG, my friend lol.
Aw, but it's a quote from Futurama... And by Hookers, I meant Hooker's Furniture co.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Dr. Prower wrote:
Alex wrote:Now come on, you've got to be kidding. How can someone be so mean? Why do all except Fox hate King? Man... Well, at least I lol'd - and it should make an interesting story. I can't wait to see the rest of the arc.
It's never been shown that anyone past Pete and Bino hate King. He interacted with Sasha and Joey before and they didn't show any signs of hating him.
It hasn't even been shown that Pete hates King. He's been kind of jerky in ways but he hasn't shown anything that could be called HATRED.

Likewise, as King said, the only one he hates is Bino, and that's because of the prank Bino pulled on him.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
The Game

Post by The Game »

It's weird, what Pete did seems like something my Dad would do.
I feel your pain King!

Also, was that a raccoon popscicle in the background of the first or second panel?
Alex

Post by Alex »

You guys, you shouldn't think of it as so mean from Pete. Yeah, I thought so myself in the beginning, but think about it - Pete has some powers, right? Perhaps he foresaw that something bad will happen to King, and forbid him to go. It's a possibility, right? Perhaps he just wants King to be okay.

And then King runs away from home and goes. And something bad happens.... Hm, sounds like a story.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Alex wrote:You guys, you shouldn't think of it as so mean from Pete. Yeah, I thought so myself in the beginning, but think about it - Pete has some powers, right? Perhaps he foresaw that something bad will happen to King, and forbid him to go. It's a possibility, right? Perhaps he just wants King to be okay.

And then King runs away from home and goes. And something bad happens.... Hm, sounds like a story.
Or Pete could already have plans for King that day, maybe he already planed to take him somewhere or something really it could be anything at this point.
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

NickCole wrote:Did Fox just took his wallet out of his bandanna? o.o

COOOOL! *spazzes* I wanna try that. 8D *shot*
Peanut does the same thing in the Fall of the Pridelands arc.
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

I see what Tarot meant.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

I think Pete is simply luring another lesson to King for "being a dog"
Meaning, he cant alway get his way, even if there is no reason for it.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Jersey wrote:Hm, if I were King in this situation, I just wouldn't say anything more (like when and where the party is) and go anyway. It may already be too late for that, because we only know that Pete said he couldn't go, we don't know if King gave any specifics.
A lot of people have suggested this.

However, recall that Pete is a semi-Omnipotent magical Griffin.

He would probably know that King would try to sneak out even before he tried.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Neko

Post by Neko »

Kyderra wrote:I think Pete is simply luring another lesson to King for "being a dog"
Meaning, he cant alway get his way, even if there is no reason for it.
I like this idea, maybe he's trying to teach him a lesson :p
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Buckdida wrote:
Jersey wrote:Hm, if I were King in this situation, I just wouldn't say anything more (like when and where the party is) and go anyway. It may already be too late for that, because we only know that Pete said he couldn't go, we don't know if King gave any specifics.
A lot of people have suggested this.

However, recall that Pete is a semi-Omnipotent magical Griffin.

He would probably know that King would try to sneak out even before he tried.
Or King might just be that predictable. :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

rickgriffin wrote:IS NOT FURRET
I AM HEAVY WEAPONS GUY...

AND THIS...

IS MY FURRET!

(I tried, but just couldn't resist)

And just to stay on topic: How many of you think that, even if King is allowed to go, Fox will be eating his own words? I have no doubt that Fox is going to be scrambling to thwart a scheme of Bino's.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I'd like to see that...or better yet Fox trying to persuade Bino into not doing something! On the other hand, what could Bino do with the K9 unit there? I mean, he's gonna hurt himself somehow...I think.

It'll be funny, that's for sure!
Liam

Post by Liam »

Buckdida wrote:He would probably know that King would try to sneak out even before he tried.
Or it's part of a Xanatos Roulette-y scheme and he let's him sneak out.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Anthroguy101

I think it was a bad idea to separate the Current Comic thre

Post by Anthroguy101 »

King X Fox anybody? jk (or am I?)

I cannot wait for the next comic. I hope King absolutely loses it!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I really wish people would stop suggesting that...

So at first I didn't notice how King said police dogs make him nervous. Thinking about it further, I bet they would.

EDIT: Also third-panel Fox reminds me of Hobbes for some reason.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

44R0NM10 wrote:I'd like to see that...or better yet Fox trying to persuade Bino into not doing something! On the other hand, what could Bino do with the K9 unit there? I mean, he's gonna hurt himself somehow...I think.

It'll be funny, that's for sure!
Maybe Bino will distract The K-9 unit by making Joey fake a Crime, while Bino puts a pie in King's face that probably makes King mad again, then Fox punches Bino in the head. I got so many theories of what might happened. o.o
Last edited by Auzzo on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

Sleet wrote:So at first I didn't notice how King said police dogs make him nervous. Thinking about it further, I bet they would
Welcome to 3 months ago
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

3 months ago was the "imaginate, too" arc. I don't get it.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
The Game

Post by The Game »

that wasn't three months ago!?!?! no way was it three months ago!!!
OMG it was three months ago!?!? Jeezum, time flies
Barkeron

Re: I think it was a bad idea to separate the Current Comic

Post by Barkeron »

Anthroguy101 wrote:King X Fox anybody? jk (or am I?)

I smelling a new branch of shipping popping up there. Lets just hope it doesn't start...

Could King possibly snap at Pete? Sure, it can happen. Will it happen, uh, let just wait for Friday's strip.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

Sleet wrote:3 months ago was the "imaginate, too" arc. I don't get it.
Three months ago, during the "Imaginate, Too" arc, Rick posted the "All the Kings Men" prose... i think
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
devils

Post by devils »

Barkeron wrote: Could King possibly snap at Pete? Sure, it can happen. Will it happen, uh, let just wait for Friday's strip.
but i don't wanna wait!
Cinder:S:5 P:6 E:3 C:5 I:8 A:7 L:2
The Game

Post by The Game »

devils wrote:
Barkeron wrote: Could King possibly snap at Pete? Sure, it can happen. Will it happen, uh, let just wait for Friday's strip.
but i don't wanna wait!
ditto!

also, King will probably argue, then get ready to sneak out, and pete will find him just as he's about to leave, and ask King that if he really wants to go, he has to admit that he likes being a dog or something, then King'll go and wail on Bino.
But that's just a hope.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

The Game wrote:
devils wrote:
but i don't wanna wait!
ditto!

also, King will probably argue, then get ready to sneak out, and pete will find him just as he's about to leave, and ask King that if he really wants to go, he has to admit that he likes being a dog or something, then King'll go and wail on Bino.
But that's just a hope.
Possible but really I still think that Pete has some plans for King that day or something because he let him go to the two other parties. (I think he let him or at least didn't care that he went so why would he care this time.)
Ratros

Post by Ratros »

Although it's never my intention to point things out, in my quest to find out what image a certain ice-cream was made out of, I have come across many saying that Pete is malicious/evil/jerk/ect. Now not to argue the point that Pete does seem to get some perverse enjoyment out of being mean (ala a certain doctor many of you may know), many of you jump to wild conclusions. Let me refer you back to the opener of ways, what the ferals believed, and the legend to the place Pete was imprisoned. Now let me refer you to the tarot cards. Now let me also remind you of the happenstance of one young Joel. I guess I should also make comments about rich ferrets and intelligent wolves. What you derive from this is all up to you.
And then God saw the havoc that humanity had wrought upon the earth, and he said unto them 'muffins and cookies kids, get off my lawn'
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

... you didn't actually say anything.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

I got to say there would be no way I would ever or could ever let anyone run my life like King. If I was in his position I would end it in anyway I can. But thats just me. :twisted:
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Cerberusx wrote:I got to say there would be no way I would ever or could ever let anyone run my life like King. If I was in his position I would end it in anyway I can. But thats just me. :twisted:
Alright then, when you figure out how to end the life of a sentient Griffin with powers far beyond your comprehension, much less your ability, you come tell me. :lol:
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Cerberusx wrote:I got to say there would be no way I would ever or could ever let anyone run my life like King. If I was in his position I would end it in anyway I can. But thats just me. :twisted:
Alright then, when you figure out how to end the life of a sentient Griffin with powers far beyond your comprehension, much less your ability, you come tell me. :lol:
*Is not entirely sure he meant ending Pete's part in it* :shock:
Last edited by Vadiant on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RG; Seb & Dahlia
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ratros wrote:Although it's never my intention to point things out, in my quest to find out what image a certain ice-cream was made out of, I have come across many saying that Pete is malicious/evil/jerk/ect. Now not to argue the point that Pete does seem to get some perverse enjoyment out of being mean (ala a certain doctor many of you may know), many of you jump to wild conclusions. Let me refer you back to the opener of ways, what the ferals believed, and the legend to the place Pete was imprisoned. Now let me refer you to the tarot cards. Now let me also remind you of the happenstance of one young Joel. I guess I should also make comments about rich ferrets and intelligent wolves. What you derive from this is all up to you.
Usually I consider my self pretty good at figuring out what people are saying but I've got nothing here could you please clarify because I didn't understand a thing of that.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

*scratches head*

I'm kind of at a loss myself.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Sleet wrote:*scratches head*

I'm kind of at a loss myself.
I think they're all references in the comic that would build the argument. However, references an argument do not make.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Ratros wrote:in my quest to find out what image a certain ice-cream was made out of
It's a Danroo. That's what Ponbon is. Nose around on Rick's DA for sketches of the cutie!
Ratros

Post by Ratros »

Apologies IceKitsune. I rather hate explaining things since it takes time and energy and makes me feel like I'm coddling people, but since I might be a bit confusing (and bored off my bubblegum), I'll post the comics with a brief explanation why I mentioned them.

1. The ferals prophecy:
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/11/ ... done-that/

Obviously the power they are referring to would be Pete. Now this brings up a contradiction between what Tarot says (that he will bring about the beginning of the end) and the prophecy, but let me point out two things.

First she never actually states that Pete is evil, and second she never says what's supposed to end. Prophecies are meant to make you think one thing, but really mean something entirely different (it's in the writers rulebook). This is further supported by the talk of tarot cards. While when one thinks of the card of death they take it literally, it actually has an altogether different meaning (the fact that it supports my theory is just coincidental). Taking things at face value when they're said in any kind of pretense such as fortune telling is foolish to say the least.

Tarot's warning: https://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/11/23/so-cool/
Tarot cards: https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/01/ ... l-culprit/

2. Rich ferrets and wolves

https://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/10/ ... st-friend/
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/10/ ... o-they-do/

Now then, you'll see that there is a reinforcement here of proving that all species are equal. Normally when such a pattern emerges in a story you call it foreshadowing for future arcs, but meh. It was just an after thought.

3. Young Joel

I'm pretty sure his name is Joel, but since I'm sleepy let me just state that I'm talkin bout human King. Anyways, Joel is one of the deepest characters in Housepets (which also explains why he has such popularity). When we first see Joel, he's part of Peta, which, to his credit, wasn't his first choice as an activist group. He has a desire to help animals, but his past experiences with his own pets have given him mental scars to say the least. His kind nature usually takes a backseat because of these bad memories. If he could solve this problem, and see animals as more than...well...animals, then he could really do some good, which leads one to wonder why Pete choose him in the first place.

Comics: https://www.housepetscomic.com/category ... er-shadow/

4. Pete himself

Pete has never actually been shown to be overly cruel. You have to remember that the place where the characters live is the exception, not the rule, to how people treat their pets. In truth, I'd say that Pete is treating King this way for a reason, and then there may also be a reason why King has met Sasha. Pete is treating King as a pet, not as a member of the family.

Alright, in the interest of not trying to ruin anything if I'm on to something, I'll stop here. Let me just say that if you think Pete is little more than a jerk, than you haven't been paying attention.
And then God saw the havoc that humanity had wrought upon the earth, and he said unto them 'muffins and cookies kids, get off my lawn'
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

ctcmjh wrote:

You just referenced futurama.
I love you. :P
:lol:
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

Teh Brawler wrote:
I already know one of the best ways to end Pete the Griffin's life. And that way is the use of nuclear power and that could vary from anything nuclear/radioactive, bomb, and even try to cause a nuclear melt down at a nuclear power plant. The melt down doesn't have to kill him, as long as the radiation does. :twisted:

But if I had to be more 'practical,' I would use a gun (.50 caliber,) bomb, poison, and if it came down to it, I would even do reasurch to find out if Pete has any type of weakness(s) and exploit it. :twisted:
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Barkeron wrote:
Anthroguy101 wrote:King X Fox anybody? jk (or am I?)

I smelling a new branch of shipping popping up there. Lets just hope it doesn't start...

Could King possibly snap at Pete? Sure, it can happen. Will it happen, uh, let just wait for Friday's strip.
rickgriffin wrote:no
Okay, so it's not an exact quote, but that's pretty much what he said about the subject. I mean, even the word martians is censored, so I don't think Rick likes that kinda stuff...