Chat Thread 43: Good Ol' ArcWolves' Club (Voting's hard,OK?)

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Zesortinge

Re: Chat Thread 43: Good Ol' ArcWolves' Club (Voting's hard,

Post by Zesortinge »

Ash Greytree wrote:Also, I've been meaning to ask: Is there a pre-existing thread where we can discuss anime & manga that we're watching and reading? And if there isn't, is it okay if I make one?
If there is one, it is probably hidden somewhere, probably sometime in 2014 or earlier.
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

I see. Did some digging and found a thread for all sorts of non-live-action media. Last post was from about six years ago. Time for some (constructive) Thread Necromancy.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

If you can't find a relevent thread on the first or second page (third if you're that kind of person :P ), feel free to make a new thread ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would think it would be better to make a new one so somebody that was interested in it wouldn't have to wade through years old replies.
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

Some people don't mind wading through old replies, and you can skip to the most recent page, but the thread was past page 8 because I did not see it when I searched. It probably would have been better to make a new thread, but the thread we are talking about is now on the first page.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well then it looks like there is nothing you have to worry about.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Zesortinge wrote:Some people don't mind wading through old replies, and you can skip to the most recent page, but the thread was past page 8 because I did not see it when I searched. It probably would have been better to make a new thread, but the thread we are talking about is now on the first page.
Never saw much wrong with reviving a moribund thread. Folks can read the original idea in the first entry, read a page or two to get the idea, and play if they want (or not). Don't see the harm and it prevents duplication. Either way, it's harmless as long as it's still about the fun.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's just disallowed if you don't contribute anything meaningful to the thread.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

A while ago, I learned that a crossover comic featuring the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and the Justice League was going on. Look at this upcoming crossover.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

D-Rock wrote:A while ago, I learned that a crossover comic featuring the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and the Justice League was going on. Look at this upcoming crossover.
thats the ninja turtles, not the justice league.

Also, that breaks the timeline. the turtles are supposed to be confused that the power rangers are even real when they meet Astronema years after the end of MMPR, how can that happen if they've worked together? The comics are wierd.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I merely didn't want to repost the covers for the Justice League crossover. That was meant to just bring it up.

From what I understand of the comics, after the events of season one of MMPR, things take place in their own separate continuity. Besides, the turtles in Power Rangers In Space were specifically the "Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation" incarnation, which had some differences from most other turtle continuities, the most prevalent being the inclusion of a fifth turtle member.

I need to look into the Shattered Grid storyline, as I think it implies that in regards to the comics, most of the ranger series are in their own universe. Until Dino Charge I think, most occurred in the same universe. Exceptions I can remember are Time Force (future), SPD (future), RPM (alternate universe).

In the end, continuity in Power Rangers is weird.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

`fraid pretty much everything about the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers struck me as "weird". Liked the Turtles, though - maybe because I had several as short term pets.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

In terms of the TMNT series, the series that I really enjoyed were the 1987 series, the 2003 series and the 2012 series. I just forced myself to watch all of the episodes of Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation and Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I couldn't get through the first few episodes because it was just too cartoony and way far off from the previous series including the 1987 series and it just gave me too many vibes of Teen Titans Go!
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME, Dayzee!
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Because seeing a poster from the original show hanging up in my sister's house made me so angry that the show existed and enjoys bashing original fans of the show (sort of like Ben 10: Omniverse bashes the fans of the first three series).
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

Is the Ben 10 reboot better or worse than Omniverse?
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Zesortinge wrote:Is the Ben 10 reboot better or worse than Omniverse?
The ben ten reboot is EVIL! IT IS AS BAD AS TEEN TITANS GO!
But I personally think that Omniverse is okay.
Rp characters
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

Cartoon Network has a wide range of quality.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can't get into it now and don't watch it anymore and can't decide if it is because I have outgrown cartoons or if everything on there is just crap.
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

Cartoon Network has developed a habit of turning shows into worse versions.

I still think Total Dramarama is supposed to be the show that the spray can tan girl was talking about during one confessional.

There is an Easter Egg on Bing that appears when you search for Google.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just find the Easter Egg after seeing that post and I saw it before. I still think its amusing. Very funny too. Especially because I think Google is the better search engine. :geek:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Cute!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Ha, nice try Bing but no thanks ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

… that pretty much sums it up for Bing in most respects, Nathan.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

I have been debating if I want to ask the mods to change my username to furrygamer793
Rp characters
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If that happens then you might be the first person I noticed who has gotten their username changed. I'm sure that there are other users that also had their usernames changes at one point *coughcoughcoughKitchcoughcoughcough* but you would be the first one that I notice. :3
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hawkfang42 wrote:I have been debating if I want to ask the mods to change my username to furrygamer793
If you decide you do want it changed then just shoot Diss or Rick a PM and they can do it for you.
Or if you're not comfortable contacting them directly then feel free to contact myself or any other staff member and we can poke them for you. ^^

Believe it or not, name changes aren't all that uncommon requests and there a variety of reasons people do them. I don't think we've refused one yet either. The only reasons we'd refuse it is if you picked an inappropriate name or if you're changing it to troll or hurt someone. Given that I'm sure you're not in either of those categories, do feel free to shoot any of us a PM if you decide to go ahead with the name change and it'll be done within 24 hours. ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Or maybe if someone changes theirs like every week or so. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well it's official, the song "Old Town Road" by Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus has surpassed both Mariah Carey and Boys II Men as well as Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber's record of having a song spend the most time at number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 at 17 weeks over "One Sweet Day" and "Despacito" which each spent 16 weeks at number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. It may have taken 23 years, but the record has been broken. Who would have thought that a newcomer like Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus, who hasn't had a hit in 12 years would dethrone the Princess of R&B.

I'm sure Mariah fans are so salty right now. :P
Nathan Kerbonaut

That song is still popular? I thought people moved on from it around the time when the memes ended. That's the only time I listened to it :p
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well the song continued to be popular since Lil Nas X kept throwing remix after remix out there (one with one of the boys from Korean boy-band BTS).
Nathan Kerbonaut

I must be out the loop, because I haven't heard a single one :?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:I must be out the loop, because I haven't heard a single one :?
You got company, then! ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well there was apparently a ton of remixes but if you don't listen to mainstream then you may not actually know any of them and that would be why. There is a remix with Billy Ray Cyrus (which is what propelled the song to number 1), a remix with Billy Ray Cyrus and Diplo, a remix with Billy Ray Cyrus, Young Thug and Mason Ramsey (made to tie the record of longest song on the Billboard Hot 100 with Mariah Carey and Boys II Men's "One Sweet Day" and Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber's "Despacito" at 16 weeks which it just beat) and a remix featuring band member RM of South Korean boyband BTS.

I will be shocked if it says on the top of the charts for an 18th week as the BTS remix was the final remix Lil Nas X said he was making.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Hlaoroo wrote:
Hawkfang42 wrote:I have been debating if I want to ask the mods to change my username to furrygamer793
If you decide you do want it changed then just shoot Diss or Rick a PM and they can do it for you.
Or if you're not comfortable contacting them directly then feel free to contact myself or any other staff member and we can poke them for you. ^^

Believe it or not, name changes aren't all that uncommon requests and there a variety of reasons people do them. I don't think we've refused one yet either. The only reasons we'd refuse it is if you picked an inappropriate name or if you're changing it to troll or hurt someone. Given that I'm sure you're not in either of those categories, do feel free to shoot any of us a PM if you decide to go ahead with the name change and it'll be done within 24 hours. ^^
I sent Dissention a PM, but it's been over 24 hours and I still do not have a response.
Rp characters
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well I guess you can try sending another mod a PM and see if they can get in contact with Diss for you.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hawkfang42 wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:

I sent Dissention a PM, but it's been over 24 hours and I still do not have a response.
Huh. Sorry about that! Guess they must have been busy. I just messaged Diss over on Telegram and he says he'll fix that for you when he gets home from work tonight. ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Either the ice cream I bought doesn't really freeze up that hard or my freezer really isn't keeping everything frozen good enough.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

If the Housepets characters were RP characters, what would their stats be? I think Karishad would break reality by having all 10s except luck, which is infinite :lol:
Rp characters
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

furrygamer793 wrote:If the Housepets characters were RP characters, what would their stats be? I think Karishad would break reality by having all 10s except luck, which is infinite :lol:
Looks like Diss came through. So long, Hawkfang42. Welcome, furrygamer793! :)