Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Legotron123

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

”AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, MY *BEEP* EYES!!!!! ICRO *BEEP* IT!!!!!” Kolt screamed with a volume surprising for a creature his size, clutching his eyes as he fell on his knees on top of Cold Front. He tried tearing the spikes out, but that felt like it was tearing out his eyes too, so he quickly stopped. Then he tried scratching the ice with his claws, and that seemed to work better. After about a minute of scratching ice off, he managed to get enough off that he could blink, and while his vision was still blurry (and he was pretty sure it was diminishing in his left eye), at least he could see. He looked down upon the ice wielding villain beneath him and glared ferociously. ”Normally I’d be far more composed about this, but that last attack has left me a little bit ABSOLUTELY LIVID, so here’s how it’s going to go. Every time you attack me or make me ask you to stop the storm again, I’m going to knock out more of those teeth of yours. If I run out of teeth, I’m going to move on to your nose, then your eyes, and then whatever body part I feel like punching. Are we clear?

”Fascinating.” Liz said, staring at the drone with a bit more intrigue. ”I’m guessing you control all this through some kind of technopathic power? How does your range extend across the entire ship?”

”Huh, didn’t think about that. Fair enough.” Lewis conceded, following the crowd into the food court. As he looked around, he saw all sorts of different Alien creatures, from some kind of yellow reptilian bat person with eyes everywhere except it’s head, what looked like a wolf creature until what he had assumed was it’s muzzle split into four mandibles to eat a hamburger, and what could only be described as a tiny walking trout.
Last edited by Legotron123 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Looks like I'm packing up my stall and going back to watch that dreadful morning program you make, Hive," Hannabelle chided. "What you have against Horror films and Celican Sports I don't know."
(Forgot about this one. ^.^; )

"I don't make that show, and I've got nothing against Horror films. I have a lot of horror films you can watch, some even star the Lycan before he started his superhero career." The droid said, helping Hannabelle clean up the area. "As for Celican Sports, the biggest one is hunting and... well..." he paused, trying to think of how to say what he wanted. "Hunting is only fun for the hunter. Never for the prey. Too many people on this ship have been rescued from being preyed on. Sometimes literally, and sometimes on a species-wide scope. Understandably, Celican sports make a lot of people here uncomfortable."

---------------------------------
Buster wrote:"I wouldn't bother with that." Epsilon states when she notices one of the doctors getting a dose of anesthetic ready. Tapping the side of her head she adds, "Adrenal implant will just kick in and wake everything back up."
The doctor hesitates, then nods. She starts to inspect Epsilon's injury before removing the liquid bandage in order to properly treat the wound with more advanced methods. Once the bandage was off, she applied some sort of different substance to the injury before placing the arm in a kind of machine which worked to seal the wound using materials from said substance.

Buster wrote:Since the door to the training room is locked and she can't join in, noticing there is a weapon other than hers returned to the rack Kol decides to follow the owner's scent, and quickly finds her way to the observation area where the other team andthe new girlhave been watching.

She makes a frustrated sound when she notices the state of the training room.

"Aww... it looks like home in there..."
Recon turned around with enough speed to snap a normal person's neck. In an instant she was over and shaking one of Kol's clawed hands. "Hi there! It's good to meet you! I saw you fighting down there and you were awesome!"

Archangel and Gadgeteer turned around. "Sorry about Recon. She's excitable. Go ahead and take a seat. I think the match is almost over."

Legotron123 wrote:”Fascinating.” Liz said, staring at the drone with a bit more intrigue. ”I’m guessing you control all this through some kind of technopathic power? How does you range extend across the entire ship?”
"I have relays throughout the ship. I can control a few bodies outside of the range of the relays, but I can't control them in such large quantities unless there is a relay."

The group left out of the front entrance of Champion tower and quickly made it's way through the busy streets to the transportation hub. Once they got there, Hivemind explained it as well. "This is the Transportation Hub. It is mostly a collection of more of those portal doors, though it is the center for public transportation in this city. We will be taking the Maglev upstairs to the new housing area." He led the group up to the train. Before letting the group on, he realized that MT might have some trouble. "MT, some of these cars are designed to accommodate larger residents. Try that car over there." He pointed to a car that seemed to have a second deck to it. MT moved into it and found it was just big enough to fit him.

Deske wrote:A melee attack was all Ulrich needed to ensure that his shields had the accuracy necessary to provide their own CQC benefits. A band of light appeared around the hand Cold Front had reached towards Kolts face with. It swiftly dragged it back towards the ground, practically latching itself to the Earth, but not before the damage to Kolt had already been done. A small portion of the shield lit up as it took the impact of Cold Front's ice encased fist before returning the favor with another band of light that dragged the hand back towards the ground. They tightened just enough to be painful to discourage further action, but not enough to be outright dangerous.

Tatiana's shields bore the brunt of the flames power, insulating her slightly against the heat and deflecting it around her. Due to no attempts at physical contact by Heat Wave, though, it was unable to provide further assistance in stopping him.
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana had half a mind to fall back, but with Ulrich's shield holding the flames at bay, for at least a moment she couldn't let a prime opportunity to fall through her fingers. She shifted in the air, pouring kinetic energy into her right leg, the fire may be able to swallow buildings and maybe even plasma, but she doubted it could swallow a wave of pure kinetic force. She steeled herself and kicked. A crack formed in her shell's leg, rocketing her back as far as Ulrich and the civilian as a heavy wave of kinetic force, similar to the ones she used against the Mech Pilot, rocketed out of her leg and into the center of the fire vortex, hurtling straight for Heat Wave at grand speed.

Tatiana groaned on the ground, not far from the Civilians hide out, "Thanks for the shields Ulrich... I really need to get a sturdier shell..."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny took up position to the left of the melee as Tatiana engaged Heat Wave and pulled her pulse rifle around, thanking the stars that it, like her other weapons, was lightweight or she'd still be sinking into the snow, despite the snowshoes. She took aim and fired several shots on the heavy stun setting, ready to change the settings if need be. She couldn't help but wish Kol were here to back Kolt up.
The combined attack of Tatiana and Jenny blasted Heat Wave away. He landed on his back several meters away. He got up, gripping his side and cringing. "Arin! Time to go."
Legotron123 wrote:”AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, MY *BEEP* EYES!!!!! ICRO *BEEP* IT!!!!!” Kolt screamed with a volume surprising for a creature his size, clutching his eyes as he fell on his knees on top of Cold Front. He tried tearing the spikes out, but that felt like it was tearing out his eyes too, so he quickly stopped. Then he tried scratching the ice with his claws, and that seemed to work better. After about a minute of scratching ice off, he managed to get enough off that he could blink, and while his vision was still blurry (and he was pretty sure it was diminishing in his left eye), at least he could see. He looked down upon the ice wielding villain beneath him and glared ferociously. ”Normally I’d be far more composed about this, but that last attack has left me a little bit ABSOLUTELY LIVID, so here’s how it’s going to go. Every time you attack me or make me ask you to stop the storm again, I’m going to knock out more of those teeth of yours. If I run out of teeth, I’m going to move on to your nose, then your eyes, and then whatever body part I feel like punching. Are we clear?
"NEVER! I... Huh?" He turned his head to his injured partner. "But... Fine then." Cold front started to change. He turned white as the snow around him. The texture of his skin seemed to change as well as he blended in with the snow. Soon, Kolt's leg fell through what was now a mound of snow. The wind picked up and the snow blew around fiercely. The swirling arctic winds carried the snow over to Heat wave, where it materialized back into the man called Arin Danson.

Cold Front and Heat Wave stood next to each other. They each raised a hand toward each other, power glowing in their hands. They brought them together.

Absolute chaos resulted. The snow storm turned into a horrible thunderstorm. Lightning struck the ground everywhere and rain came down in bucketfuls. Heat Wave, steaming from the rain, grabbed onto Cold Front. "GOOD LUCK!" Cold Front said before the ground melted beneath them and they sunk out of sight. Behind where they stood, a colossal 20 meter tall wall of water crashed over the forest, tearing out the rocks and the trees and carrying them with it as it rapidly flooded across the training grounds.

The flood is past the natural bridge and is about to hit Kolt and Jenny.

The enemy soldiers will drown if the wave hits the buildings they are in.

The civilian will drown if the wave hits the building he is in.

Heat Wave and Cold Front have retreated.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah, nerts," Jenny complained. "Ulrich, NOW you fly!
Get him up high as you can in there! Kolt, can you fly me to one of the buildings the soldiers are in?
" She readied her sonic ability for use.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana took Ulrich's hand and pulled herself up, ready to thank him when the noise of the villainous duo's escape hit her. She saw the wave of devastation heading towards them and acted. She flew off, ignoring her cracked leg and spoke through comms, "Ulrich, grab the civilian and do as Jenny said! I'm going to look for those soldiers who hid!" With that said she started sweeping one of the buildings and exited carrying a few infantry soldiers, "Quick question, what the heck do I do with these guys?!" She asked, her quick thinking having run out at what exactly to do or where to take the vulnerable infantry.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich nodded and jogged back into the building and swiftly scooped the civilian up and carted him outside. He waved a hand and a platform appeared which he gently set the human down on. "Please stay on this platform and do not attempt to dismount it until told to do so." He lifted a hand up and walls formed around the civilian, keeping him from falling off for what came next. He gave the man a wave and pointed up. The platform quickly began accelerating upwards out of the way of the wave. With that done he went off to help Tatiana gather the soldiers.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt wasted no time in following Jenny’s orders. He wiped the melted eye-ice off his face and took to the air, swooping down to pick up Jenny and carry her away. He placed her down in front of the building with all the soldiers in it, keeping himself a few feet above the ground. ”What’s our plan for dealing with this thing? I can probably make a dome strong enough to withstand it, but it’d only be able to fit about five or six people, and it’d be really cramped.”

Liz gave a small “hmm” at Hivemind’s explanation as she got on the train, feeling a bit nostalgic as she remembered some of her old hometown back on Earth. His explanation of why the trains were there on the other hand, left her much less satisfied. ”Wait, if you can teleport anyone from one side of the ship to the other just by stepping through a doorway, why do you even need a public transportation system?”
”I was just about to ask the same thing.” Lewis said, piping up from his spot next to her. ”Is it an energy conservation thing? Do you save energy if the portals are more infrequent, but more stuff passes through them?”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Give me a second," Ulrich said as he did some quick mental math. Once he had finished dragging imaginary numbers about he turned back to his team and presented his idea, "So I did some math and I think I can make a couple platforms to hold all of them up. Each would be about 11.5 meters since we can squeeze each soldier into a space a little under half a meter. Kolt would have to keep Jenny and Tatiana up there." He looked at the street in front of him and placed his index fingers and thumbs together like he was setting up for a picture, before dragging them apart, calling into existence a platform of light. He did it again, a second one forming on the other side of the first one. "There is one problem though. So my shield generators are programmed to deflect heavy impacts rather than completely absorb them. It does this to save both energy and prevent heat build up. In this case that is not possible, so they are going to get hot. I do not mean "hot cup of coffee hot", where it is uncomfortable. I mean, "I probably will not feel it in the end because it has burnt through the nerves in my hands" kind of hot. I am sure there are healers that can fix it, but it is not going to be fun while it happens."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

(You guys still have time. I just figured I could reply to this one before going to sleep.)
Legotron123 wrote:Liz gave a small “hmm” at Hivemind’s explanation as she got on the train, feeling a bit nostalgic as she remembered some of her old hometown back on Earth. His explanation of why the trains were there on the other hand, left her much less satisfied. ”Wait, if you can teleport anyone from one side of the ship to the other just by stepping through a doorway, why do you even need a public transportation system?”
”I was just about to ask the same thing.” Lewis said, piping up from his spot next to her. ”Is it an energy conservation thing? Do you save energy if the portals are more infrequent, but more stuff passes through them?”
"Oh, no." Hivemind said, waving a hand as the train started to move. "Surprisingly the reality is simpler than that. The Maglev is a lot less disorienting. Portal doors can sometimes indirectly lead to mental problems. Getting lost while using them can result in what's sometimes called "Enchanted Labyrinth Syndrome". In addition, the maglev is quiet, relaxing, normally free of crowds, and has an excellent view of the city."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny looked around quickly. This was ear droopingly bad but they seemed to be needing her to... "O.K.," she said, "Get me to that ledge on the, um, third floor Kolt," she said, trying to sound more certain than she was. "I'm going to try something I've done once before. A sonic funnel. A continuous wave aimed at the centre eight. I should be able to split the wave and reduce the damage to this building. Drop me off and get as many as you can out, handsome." She nodded. "Rest of you save who you can." She kept back the fact that there would be a rice. A sonic funnel required her to keep the effect going longer than normal. A lot longer than normal. The lat time, the accidental time, she'd fractured a wrist. This one, she knew, would probably break every bone in her arms.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You'll also need to find a way to monitor all the poisons here, Denver," Corp advised, "So many alien foodstuffs. Who knows what could be toxic to us?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ah, there aren't any quality players anyhow," Hannabelle conceded. "Not since Ravager. Now there was a conflicted player. He could hunt a snowflake in a blizzard but wouldn't end the match if they impressed him. A lot of 'wrong people' used to lose money on him. What happened to him wa one of the reasons I packed it in."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt lifted Jenny up to the requested platform, and was about to turn and leave when he remembered something. ”Jen? I know this isn’t real, but please be safe.” He said, before flying into the building and setting up some forcefields to protect the soldiers.

”I’m not arguing that last point.” Liz said as she looked out the window. I’m always in the mood for a scenic train ride. They remind me of home.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'll do my best, hun," Jenny said, hoping her smile held. After he'd headed off, she braced herself, brought her hands together and felt the familiar vibration as her powers activated. This time, though, she fought to hold that vibration and keep it going as the sonic attack coned out, the middle of its' effect focused just below halfway up the wave. She figured that, no matter what, the lower few floors were going to get flooded but, up here, she had a chance to stop the main impact on the building by firing down. She held on as the assault continued, screeching to push back the wave as it came or to split it around the building. After several seconds she could feel the vibrations up her arms and gritted her teeth against the pain as it really started.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You'll also need to find a way to monitor all the poisons here, Denver," Corp advised, "So many alien foodstuffs. Who knows what could be toxic to us?"
"Luckily there's a lot of documentation on that. I'll send you some stuff to get started with when there's an opportunity, Doctor." Hivemind said to Vanderbilt.
Legotron123 wrote:”I’m not arguing that last point.” Liz said as she looked out the window. I’m always in the mood for a scenic train ride. They remind me of home.
The droid nodded in response. He monitored the train's progress and location as he looked out of the window. It traveled through the city, elevated a couple of stories over the streets below. It was fast, so it couldn't take too many sharp turns. Hivemind wasn't kidding about this being the scenic option. The maglev raced by a number of beautiful structures, and even went through a tunnel in an aquarium where aquatic wildlife from Earth swam by the train's windows. It exited on the other side of the building, which was apparently the Terrestrial Museum. "While the city doesn't have a majority species, the Capitol District was originally built using terrestrial architecture, has an atmosphere and climate closest to Earth, and was originally populated mostly by humans. Other species found that the environment also suited their needs and moved in, resulting in this being one of the more diverse cities on the Beacon. The Terrestrial Museum remains from the early days and it draws in a large number of visitors every day from a lot of species."

After passing over a park with a large Zoo that Hivemind didn't want to point out at risk of causing confusion among the animal people, it started to move into the cheaper area of the city. Despite the houses being smaller, the area was just as well maintained as any other section of the city. It was clean, with not even a crack in the roads. "The advantage to being everywhere at once as a leader is that no one gets overlooked. No one on this ship is beneath my notice, be they rich or poor or the size of an ant. I interact with everyone every day, and know them all as close as friends. When something breaks, or someone has a problem, it gets fixed by me or someone I hire. As such you won't find any run down neighborhoods on this ship, and even the poorest residents can be happy and safe."

Finally, the train was reaching the outer walls of the city. It was passing over roads arranged in blocks around empty plots of land. "We are passing over the new housing area now." Hivemind said before the train stopped in a station by the wall. "Right then. Everyone, this is our stop." He started ushering people out of the train and down the stairs to the empty neighborhood. "Keep on the streets and sidewalks, please. Do not go onto the grass."

---------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah, there aren't any quality players anyhow," Hannabelle conceded. "Not since Ravager. Now there was a conflicted player. He could hunt a snowflake in a blizzard but wouldn't end the match if they impressed him. A lot of 'wrong people' used to lose money on him. What happened to him was one of the reasons I packed it in."
They finished picking up everything and started to head out. "Don't worry too much. There's still plenty to watch. Those horror films I mentioned earlier that Randy helped make are pretty great considering they were independent films with a minimal budget. The 'monster' is very convincing." He said. It would have been accompanied by a grin if the droid had the ability to move it's face like that.

---------------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:Kolt lifted Jenny up to the requested platform, and was about to turn and leave when he remembered something. ”Jen? I know this isn’t real, but please be safe.” He said, before flying into the building and setting up some forcefields to protect the soldiers.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I'll do my best, hun," Jenny said, hoping her smile held. After he'd headed off, she braced herself, brought her hands together and felt the familiar vibration as her powers activated. This time, though, she fought to hold that vibration and keep it going as the sonic attack coned out, the middle of its' effect focused just below halfway up the wave. She figured that, no matter what, the lower few floors were going to get flooded but, up here, she had a chance to stop the main impact on the building by firing down. She held on as the assault continued, screeching to push back the wave as it came or to split it around the building. After several seconds she could feel the vibrations up her arms and gritted her teeth against the pain as it really started.
As the wave closed in, soldiers started pouring from the rooftop access door. They had abandoned their weapons and sought higher ground when they saw the wave coming. Upon hitting Jenny's sonic cone, the wave split and rushed around the building. Kolt's shields protected the few remaining on the bottom floors. There is little time left. The wave is pouring in on Ulrich and Tatiana's position and the shield platforms with the remaining soldiers was still on the ground. He must act fast and act now.

30 soldiers are safe on the roof of the building. 5 are safe in Kolt's shields.
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana took Ulrich's hand and pulled herself up, ready to thank him when the noise of the villainous duo's escape hit her. She saw the wave of devastation heading towards them and acted. She flew off, ignoring her cracked leg and spoke through comms, "Ulrich, grab the civilian and do as Jenny said! I'm going to look for those soldiers who hid!" With that said she started sweeping one of the buildings and exited carrying a few infantry soldiers, "Quick question, what the heck do I do with these guys?!" She asked, her quick thinking having run out at what exactly to do or where to take the vulnerable infantry.
Deske wrote:Ulrich nodded and jogged back into the building and swiftly scooped the civilian up and carted him outside. He waved a hand and a platform appeared which he gently set the human down on. "Please stay on this platform and do not attempt to dismount it until told to do so." He lifted a hand up and walls formed around the civilian, keeping him from falling off for what came next. He gave the man a wave and pointed up. The platform quickly began accelerating upwards out of the way of the wave. With that done he went off to help Tatiana gather the soldiers.
Deske wrote:"Give me a second," Ulrich said as he did some quick mental math. Once he had finished dragging imaginary numbers about he turned back to his team and presented his idea, "So I did some math and I think I can make a couple platforms to hold all of them up. Each would be about 11.5 meters since we can squeeze each soldier into a space a little under half a meter. Kolt would have to keep Jenny and Tatiana up there." He looked at the street in front of him and placed his index fingers and thumbs together like he was setting up for a picture, before dragging them apart, calling into existence a platform of light. He did it again, a second one forming on the other side of the first one. "There is one problem though. So my shield generators are programmed to deflect heavy impacts rather than completely absorb them. It does this to save both energy and prevent heat build up. In this case that is not possible, so they are going to get hot. I do not mean "hot cup of coffee hot", where it is uncomfortable. I mean, "I probably will not feel it in the end because it has burnt through the nerves in my hands" kind of hot. I am sure there are healers that can fix it, but it is not going to be fun while it happens."
The wave is almost to Ulrich's position. He has 15 soldiers on his shield platforms. With so few people there, he should be able to lift them without third degree burns, but he must do so immediately. The flood casts it's shadow on him, Tatiana, and the soldiers.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It's a good score," Jaken said, nodding his head. "For a... one day old," he quantified, choosing his words. "And sure, I'll play. Not the, uh, ghost hunter thing. I just met one and he was, uh, fun. For a guy who'd just died. It wouldn't feel right."

"You met a ghost?! Tell me everything!"
even though June was already standing pretty close, her distance from Jaken is near instantly halved and the arcade machines forgotten.

- - - - - - - - -
CyberDragon wrote:The doctor hesitates, then nods. She starts to inspect Epsilon's injury before removing the liquid bandage in order to properly treat the wound with more advanced methods. Once the bandage was off, she applied some sort of different substance to the injury before placing the arm in a kind of machine which worked to seal the wound using materials from said substance.
Buster wrote:she heads over to a quiet spot, removes the existing bandage and begins the slow process of separating fused silicon from burnt muscle so the implant can be extracted and replaced
Epsilon watched the machine work, admittedly a little confused at the apparent priority being given to sealing up the surface damage. Shouldn't treating the damage to the bicep and deltoid come first?

- - - - - - - - -
CyberDragon wrote:Recon turned around with enough speed to snap a normal person's neck. In an instant she was over and shaking one of Kol's clawed hands. "Hi there! It's good to meet you! I saw you fighting down there and you were awesome!"

Archangel and Gadgeteer turned around. "Sorry about Recon. She's excitable. Go ahead and take a seat. I think the match is almost over."
The old cat just rolled her eyes, "If I was, I wouldn't have wound up getting knocked out." she commented, though sounding less upset than one might expect from her choice of words. "I would have preferred to last a little longer."

When Archangel spoke up, Kol just waved the other champion off, more than used to hyperactive youngsters.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana flew over to Ulrich's shield platform and put the soldiers she had on the shield. She helped any stragglers on to the shield, and once everyone was on grabbed it and pushed it, attempting to give it a speed boost towards the sky, out of the way of the oncoming wave, "HOLD ON! hope that's everyone... Ulrich! Keep an eye on that wave for me, okay?! If it gets too close I'll have ta try somethin'! A-also, if I apply too much pressure to this shield platform, ALSO tell me!" She continued to fly and push, trying to get the soldiers and Ulrich out of dangers path, tough as she did so she couldn't help but think, the Champions were going to be VERY different compared to the Mercenary life of home.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich stepped onto his own platform after Tatiana had placed the last of the soldiers onto the main one. He flipped a hand up and both platforms began rising into the sky at a quick but steady pace, "I think we will have just enough time." He looked from the platform above him to where the wave used to be, surprised to find that it wasn't where it used to be and was, instead, doing its best to flood the roads below.

--------

Denver turned to look out the window as they went through the town in the monorail. He wasn't an architect, but he could appreciate the designs that he saw as they sped past.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As Kolt struggled to maintain the forcefield in the face of the wave, a small part of his mind couldn’t help but note that this was exactly how he wanted to die when his time came. Not in a simulation, but defending people, giving his all to make sure everyone got out alive, even if he didn’t survive the process. He didn’t want to be one of those people who became a burden in their old age and just sat around in a retirement home. He wanted to die holding the line, making sure the ideals he stood for were safe, and that everyone he loved got the happy ending they deserved. But eh, he wasn’t going to die here. This was a simulation, and he trusted Hivemind to make sure everyone was safe.

Lewis could’ve sworn he saw what look like a quadrupedal wolf amongst the various alien creatures in the zoo they passed over, but the train was moving too fast for him to get a good enough look. As they stepped off into the neighborhood, he looked around at all the empty plots where houses were going to go. ”So do those “Champions” live in these neighborhoods, or do they have their own separate barracks?”

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

As the window behind her fractured from the vibrations, Jenny eased up and stopped"I'm rather," she said dizzily, "glad that worked." At that point she slipped.

And fell as the glass behind her gave up the struggle and shattered.

And then she didn't fall.

The glass hadn't shattered by itself. A soldier with a fire extinguisher had helped it. And two of his compatriots had reached out and grabbed Jenny, first by the coat and then around the midriff and the pair pulled her in to safety, seating her in a chair some five feet from the window to recover. "and that's unexpected," she said, trying not to lift her arms.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I can understand the animal enclosures," Corp grumped. "Some even try to pet me. Once."
"They'd need their hands unbroken to try it twice," Keeva cut in as Doris consoled Nocturls' mother and accepted her best wishes too. And Nocturls.
"Hmm," Corp grunted. "Doesn't sound like much work for an old soldier to do, Hive."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken relayed the story of him on the Steelhaven, describing what he'd seen there - including the blood and fears in possibly a bit too much detail for a few listening in - and how he'd helped rescue people and how Nocturl had been squashed to a bloody smudge before they'd got there and still instrumental in saving his own family and making jokes and the pained look on the mothers' face and... then he stopped in thought. "You wanna get a milkshake," he asked eventually.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You know that Agent Golta that's on board" Hannabelle asked. "He used to do films as well. He was a stunt artist. Quite good too. I saw him get blown out of a tenth story window once and do the fall onto boxes. Quite impressive. I was watching from 'off set', of course. Couldn't get close up."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:Epsilon watched the machine work, admittedly a little confused at the apparent priority being given to sealing up the surface damage. Shouldn't treating the damage to the bicep and deltoid come first?
The substance the doctor applied was placed inside of the burn. The machine activated the chemical which started replicating the damaged tissue, even inside of the wound. While the outside healed faster, the inside was not neglected.

----------------------------------
Buster wrote:The old cat just rolled her eyes, "If I was, I wouldn't have wound up getting knocked out." she commented, though sounding less upset than one might expect from her choice of words. "I would have preferred to last a little longer."

When Archangel spoke up, Kol just waved the other champion off, more than used to hyperactive youngsters.
"Don't be too hard on yourself." The Varanian Gadgeteer said in his low hissing growl of a voice. "Wasn't your fault your teammate's a lousy shot."

Legotron123 wrote:Lewis could’ve sworn he saw what look like a quadrupedal wolf amongst the various alien creatures in the zoo they passed over, but the train was moving too fast for him to get a good enough look. As they stepped off into the neighborhood, he looked around at all the empty plots where houses were going to go. ”So do those “Champions” live in these neighborhoods, or do they have their own separate barracks?”
"Many have both." the droid replied. "If they lived here before becoming a champion, they likely have their own house. However, most find it more convenient to live out of Champion Tower. The space is smaller, but it's got everything they need nearby there."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I can understand the animal enclosures," Corp grumped. "Some even try to pet me. Once."
"They'd need their hands unbroken to try it twice," Keeva cut in as Doris consoled Nocturls' mother and accepted her best wishes too. And Nocturls.
"Hmm," Corp grunted. "Doesn't sound like much work for an old soldier to do, Hive."
The drone waved his hand dismissively as they walked down to the center of the street. "Nonsense. Ex champion Legionnaire was nearly three millennia old when he was still active. Gear is in his sixties. Heck, none of the head champions are under fifty years old, yet four out of six of them are still active. If you still have fighting skill, or medical skill, or really any skill that can be used in an emergency, the Champions are hiring."

MT turned to Chris. "I would recommend we consider joining. I will follow you in any choice you make, but I think this job sounds promising." He turned to Hivemind. "I do have a question though. Where is the housing? You said it was almost done."

"It will be ready right... about... now!" He snapped his fingers and energy barriers shot up around each plot of land. Red flashing lights popped out of the ground like daisies and a warning siren sounded. The empty plots slowly started to lift before shooting into the air where they disintegrated into nothing. Similar flashing lights lit up the hole that was left behind, and peering into it would reveal a complicated network of somewhat dangerous looking machinery. Steadilly out of the holes in the ground, structures started to rise up. New plots of land lifted in, pushed up by the machinery below, and this time they had fully constructed and basically furnished houses. Each one was big enough to hold an average sized family, and each one was identical with the exception of one, which looked more like a machine shop's garage. The buildings were mass produced out of materials that were easy to put together and modify, yet were strong enough to stop bullets (or other projectiles launched accidentally by powers). Hivemind held up a box full of keys with the names of the Steelhaven residents on them. He started handing them out.

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana flew over to Ulrich's shield platform and put the soldiers she had on the shield. She helped any stragglers on to the shield, and once everyone was on grabbed it and pushed it, attempting to give it a speed boost towards the sky, out of the way of the oncoming wave, "HOLD ON! hope that's everyone... Ulrich! Keep an eye on that wave for me, okay?! If it gets too close I'll have ta try somethin'! A-also, if I apply too much pressure to this shield platform, ALSO tell me!" She continued to fly and push, trying to get the soldiers and Ulrich out of dangers path, tough as she did so she couldn't help but think, the Champions were going to be VERY different compared to the Mercenary life of home.
Deske wrote:Ulrich stepped onto his own platform after Tatiana had placed the last of the soldiers onto the main one. He flipped a hand up and both platforms began rising into the sky at a quick but steady pace, "I think we will have just enough time." He looked from the platform above him to where the wave used to be, surprised to find that it wasn't where it used to be and was, instead, doing its best to flood the roads below.
The wave blasted by just under the shield platforms, flooding the streets and washing most of the buildings away completely. Once the wave had past, however, the rain began to subside. With the mercenaries gone, it had nothing keeping it there. The water began to recede, and in not too long the flood had washed out of the city, leaving the waterlogged ruins of the urban area behind.
Legotron123 wrote:As Kolt struggled to maintain the forcefield in the face of the wave, a small part of his mind couldn’t help but note that this was exactly how he wanted to die when his time came. Not in a simulation, but defending people, giving his all to make sure everyone got out alive, even if he didn’t survive the process. He didn’t want to be one of those people who became a burden in their old age and just sat around in a retirement home. He wanted to die holding the line, making sure the ideals he stood for were safe, and that everyone he loved got the happy ending they deserved. But eh, he wasn’t going to die here. This was a simulation, and he trusted Hivemind to make sure everyone was safe.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:As the window behind her fractured from the vibrations, Jenny eased up and stopped"I'm rather," she said dizzily, "glad that worked." At that point she slipped.

And fell as the glass behind her gave up the struggle and shattered.

And then she didn't fall.

The glass hadn't shattered by itself. A soldier with a fire extinguisher had helped it. And two of his compatriots had reached out and grabbed Jenny, first by the coat and then around the midriff and the pair pulled her in to safety, seating her in a chair some five feet from the window to recover. "and that's unexpected," she said, trying not to lift her arms.
Once the water finished receding, a hive droid stepped into the arena. "That was... Honestly amazing. No one has done that well on their first training session in a long time." he said on the team's communicators. He moved up the building Jenny and Kolt were in and went to Jenny's floor. Walking through the crowd of former enemy soldiers, he went up to Jenny. "No one since the Dragon Knight has made allies of the enemy soldiers that effectively. I have to congratulate you in particular, Jenny. Your leadership really shined through today."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You know that Agent Golta that's on board" Hannabelle asked. "He used to do films as well. He was a stunt artist. Quite good too. I saw him get blown out of a tenth story window once and do the fall onto boxes. Quite impressive. I was watching from 'off set', of course. Couldn't get close up."
"Why do I get the feeling you had less than good motives for being there?" He looked at Hannabelle. "Nevermind. I don't want to know. Has he been in anything I might know of?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken relayed the story of him on the Steelhaven, describing what he'd seen there - including the blood and fears in possibly a bit too much detail for a few listening in - and how he'd helped rescue people and how Nocturl had been squashed to a bloody smudge before they'd got there and still instrumental in saving his own family and making jokes and the pained look on the mothers' face and... then he stopped in thought. "You wanna get a milkshake," he asked eventually.
"Yes! Yes, that sounds like a good idea." Hivemind decided to intervene in case the graphic discussion of violence and blood might trigger June's shark instincts. He didn't think they would, but he didn't want to take the risk. Also, the discussion was disturbing the other kids and parents in the arcade.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thanks, boss," Jenny said woozily, "but I wash just the first to come up witha plan." She tried shaking her head to clear out the cobwebs. "I'd 'plaud everyone but I don't seem to be able to move my arms."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't waste too much material on me, fella," Corp said, determined to try and remain miserable despite the adulation for Hivemind he was feeling from the locals, "I never need much more than a bivouac and a bottle of Whisky."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, there was a tournament going on," Hannabelle claimed, pondering stopping by the shops on her way back to her safety cell. "Nothing nefarious. It was 'The Lone Vixen affair' I believe. Part of the GoldenFox thriller series. You probably know the ones. He was in a few of them."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cailean's and Conall's jaws drop as the buildings materialise in front of them. For once Cailean is completely lost for words as he struggles to process what his senses are telling him. He manages to blurt out his thanks as Hivemind puts his key into his paws. He's pleased to see he and Conall are in the same apartment.
"Did they put ye in th' same apartment as us, Sarah?" he asks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Thanks, boss," Jenny said woozily, "but I wash just the first to come up witha plan." She tried shaking her head to clear out the cobwebs. "I'd 'plaud everyone but I don't seem to be able to move my arms."
"That's because you broke them. Sort of. Not really." He explained. "When I saw what you were doing, I turned up the power limiters you've been breathing in. Then I had the simulation replicate your attack and it's effects. Your arms will be fine once the simulation is shut off."

-------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, there was a tournament going on," Hannabelle claimed, pondering stopping by the shops on her way back to her safety cell. "Nothing nefarious. It was 'The Lone Vixen affair' I believe. Part of the GoldenFox thriller series. You probably know the ones. He was in a few of them."
"I may have seen that one. It's been a while though." He said as they moved on from the docks and back into the ship's interior.

-------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Don't waste too much material on me, fella," Corp said, determined to try and remain miserable despite the adulation for Hivemind he was feeling from the locals, "I never need much more than a bivouac and a bottle of Whisky."
"Well whether you need it or not, the house is there for you." He said, not really believing the old mouse's claims and pushing the keys into his hands.
Hlaoroo wrote:Cailean's and Conall's jaws drop as the buildings materialise in front of them. For once Cailean is completely lost for words as he struggles to process what his senses are telling him. He manages to blurt out his thanks as Hivemind puts his key into his paws. He's pleased to see he and Conall are in the same apartment.
"Did they put ye in th' same apartment as us, Sarah?" he asks.
"I figured you three would want to stick together. Your house is right over there. The address is on the key." Hivemind said before finishing up handing out the keys. He then turned to address the group once more. "Some people have brought up a few concerns, and I'll address them here. First, payment. The fact of the matter is none of you owe me a thing. In fact, each of you gets five thousand credits in starter money to last you until you can find employment. Next, employment. There are a number of companies and groups on this ship that are hiring, including the champions. If you want to apply for a position in the champions, simply ask, and I'll get you the application forms." He announced before pulling out another box full of id/credit cards and handing them out to their respective owners.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sarah smiled, then pulled the pair into a friendly embrace. "Ah'm still yer guard, boys." she said happily..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp pocketed the key.
"I can buy parts for our car, D..." Keeva caught herself. "Oh, yeah."
Corp said nothing as he felt her emotions. Not that he had nothing to say but he was all too aware he didn't know the right words. "If all else fails I can get a job as a lie detector," he muttered. "I take it Nocturl's going in with his parents?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, that's good news," Jenny admitted. "Kinda got carried away. Chance to use this blooming ability to help rather than hurt had to be taken. Proves the flaming thing's worth it."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado took the keys from the HiveDroid and handed one down to Seena, "Honestly I thought there was going to be more work involved in getting our own house.
Also more money."
He leaned down and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, resting his head on hers, "But, do you think this is the right place to raise pups?"

--------

Denver looked at the key in his hand, his mind filling with excitement before he caught a stray thought from Colorado. He turned the key over and over in his hand. "Corp if you want to live in a tent in the backyard, I'd be more than happy to stay in your place," He phrased it more like a joke than an actual request, "I don't think I want to stay in mine. I don't think I can."

--------

Chris looked up at MT, "Crime fighting sounds fun. I could still set up a sight job fixing things for people on the off hours. Supplement the pay or just have fun with it."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana gave a sigh, no longer pushing the shield, instead going and floating beside it, "Is it just me or was that harder than the mech dude? At least we seemed to do well..."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt shambled up the stairs of the building, completely exhausted from maintaining the force field. As he stumbled into the room Hivemind and Jenny were in, his body looking noticeably thinner, he sighed with relief when he saw Jenny was alright. ”Thank *PANT* Meado you’re okay. I was *PANT* worried about you.” He said, before collapsing onto the ground. As he lay there panting, his eyes glanced over at the Hivemind drone in the room. ”Can we *PANT*, can we take a break before the next round? Maybe get some lunch so I can refuel?”

Lewis and Liz looked at the new houses with intrigue. They doubted Hivemind just kept prebuilt houses in storage on the off chance someone new showed up, so that meant he had built them in between now and when they established contact, which was ridiculously fast for how many house he had made. ”Tell me, how easy is it for you to modify these houses? Say I wanted to have a river running around my house, and have a little Lego train running along the riverbank, how long would it take you to add that?” She asked, trying to discern how he built all these buildings so quickly.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:Colorado took the keys from the HiveDroid and handed one down to Seena, "Honestly I thought there was going to be more work involved in getting our own house.
Also more money."
He leaned down and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, resting his head on hers, "But, do you think this is the right place to raise pups?"

--------

Denver looked at the key in his hand, his mind filling with excitement before he caught a stray thought from Colorado. He turned the key over and over in his hand. "Corp if you want to live in a tent in the backyard, I'd be more than happy to stay in your place," He phrased it more like a joke than an actual request, "I don't think I want to stay in mine. I don't think I can."
"If... you want your own space I think I can arrange something. It will take time though." he said sympathetically to the clone.
Legotron123 wrote:Lewis and Liz looked at the new houses with intrigue. They doubted Hivemind just kept prebuilt houses in storage on the off chance someone new showed up, so that meant he had built them in between now and when they established contact, which was ridiculously fast for how many house he had made. ”Tell me, how easy is it for you to modify these houses? Say I wanted to have a river running around my house, and have a little Lego train running along the riverbank, how long would it take you to add that?” She asked, trying to discern how he built all these buildings so quickly.
"Less than an hour." The droid answered. "Of course, you would have to pay for the lego set and the bridge you would need over the river if it fully encircled the house, as well as a small modification fee. While housing is free and considered a basic right, home additions beyond what is needed for comfortable living generally have a cost that covers the materials. Can't make everything free as much as I would like to. Plus, not as many people would be motivated to work if literally everything was completely free."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Corp pocketed the key.
"I can buy parts for our car, D..." Keeva caught herself. "Oh, yeah."
Corp said nothing as he felt her emotions. Not that he had nothing to say but he was all too aware he didn't know the right words. "If all else fails I can get a job as a lie detector," he muttered. "I take it Nocturl's going in with his parents?"
"If he feels like it. I just didn't give him a key because... well... he can just move through the walls. And he can't hold a key." Speaking of which, he had an extra key and card left over after handing them out. "Hang on... I missed someone." He looked at the name on the key. "Is there a "Dan Lionheart" in the crowd? Could you step forward and pick up your key and ID please?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, that's good news," Jenny admitted. "Kinda got carried away. Chance to use this blooming ability to help rather than hurt had to be taken. Proves the flaming thing's worth it."
Legotron123 wrote:Kolt shambled up the stairs of the building, completely exhausted from maintaining the force field. As he stumbled into the room Hivemind and Jenny were in, his body looking noticeably thinner, he sighed with relief when he saw Jenny was alright. ”Thank *PANT* Meado you’re okay. I was *PANT* worried about you.” He said, before collapsing onto the ground. As he lay there panting, his eyes glanced over at the Hivemind drone in the room. ”Can we *PANT*, can we take a break before the next round? Maybe get some lunch so I can refuel?”
"Yes, I was just thinking we should..." He said, looking at Kolt with concern. "I'll get you something with a lot of calories."

The simulation ended. The environment went away, replaced with the true appearance of the training arena, a cube-shaped box lined with a sort of tile screen grid. The soldiers, civilian, and everything else that was a part of the simulation including Jenny's broken arm disappeared. The door opened. "All right. Head up to the food court." He helped Kolt up and lead the group out.

One of the hive droids sticking around the Steelhaven went looking for Rika. When he found her, he relayed Jaken's status. "Hey, Rika. Jaken left early. he tired himself out, but he's playing with June now. We should probably get to him."

"Looks like it's the lunch break." Archangel said, mostly to Kol and Traci.
"Great. I'm starving." The Gadgeteer licked his lips with his forked tongue.
Recon was already in the food court.
"You two should head up to the food court." the winged human-like man said to Kol and Traci as he and the Varanian Gadgeteer stood up and lead the way out.

Deske wrote:Chris looked up at MT, "Crime fighting sounds fun. I could still set up a sight job fixing things for people on the off hours. Supplement the pay or just have fun with it."
"Alright. Do you want to take a look at our new houses?"
-Champion Motto

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:"Hang on... I missed someone." He looked at the name on the key. "Is there a "Dan Lionheart" in the crowd? Could you step forward and pick up your key and ID please?"
A short yelp could be heard from the back of the crowd right after Hive said that, then some mumbled complaints amidst the crowd heading for the droid until a sombre looking battered canine emerged in front. "H-here! I'm.. I'm here." They said, exasperated. His left arm was in a sling and he had multiple medical patches over parts of his exposed fur. He also looked as if he had been crying recently. "Wh-what do you need? I only just heard my name from back there.." He asked, looking around.

-----
CyberDragon wrote:"Looks like it's the lunch break." Archangel said, mostly to Kol and Traci.
"Great. I'm starving." The Gadgeteer licked his lips with his forked tongue.
Recon was already in the food court.
"You two should head up to the food court." the winged human-like man said to Kol and Traci as he and the Varanian Gadgeteer stood up and lead the way out.
Traci simply nodded and headed out, following the Gadgeteer to said food court.

-----
CyberDragon wrote:"Hey, Rika. Jaken left early. he tired himself out, but he's playing with June now. We should probably get to him."
Rika turned to the droid with a look of concern. "Ah, did he? Lead on then. We have a lunch appointment with my parents very soon.. And who is this June?" She replied simply, letting the droid lead her to him.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keevas' ears pricked up at the mention of the name. She held her breath, chewing her lower lip until she heard his voice. Until she saw him. "Dan," she exclaimed, rushing forward and wrapping her arms around him. She apologised at a wince but stood there, just in front of him, grinning like an idiot and trying not to cry. "He's got an apartment key for you."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I suppose your need is more... unusual than mine, Denver," Corp said, letting the doppler have the key. "I'll be buying some camping equipment, it seems. At least it might be emotionally quiet there in the parks or whatever.Bit like the old days on manoeuvres." He seemed almost wistful on the idea.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the simulation ended, and after agreeing with Tatiana that it had seemed harder, Jenny bolted over to Kolt and put his arm around her shoulders. With her - now working - arm around his waist, she took some of his less than significant weight and helped him towards the nearest food station. "I'm not having people say I'm the heavyweight in our relationship," she joked in a low voice for his benefit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seena put her hands on Colorados' and rubbed them slightly as she appreciated the strength evident in them. "I think here will have to be good," she said in answer to his question, "because here we are. At least we know he, she or they'll be loved and," she added, relaxing back into the chair so she could look up at him, "they'll have the best medical care too."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Denver chuckled, "Sorry to kick you out of your house, I was going to ask Hive if he could shack me up in an apartment. If it makes you feel any better, I've got some old-ish field meals back in the med bay, the really tasteless ones. Oh and thanks. Means a lot that you'd do this for me, at least until I have a place of my own."

--------

"Well, Love, as much as I appreciate the compliment, doctors don't work on their own family. Can't be objective about someone I love," he explained simply.

--------

Chris nodded, "Sure, I imagine yours is the one that looks like a mechanics garage. I don't want to assume, but I'm pretty sure you don't need a bed." He grinned up at the mech as he made his way off the platform.

--------

Ulrich snapped his fingers and the larger platform shattered, "It felt like it. It felt like it lasted longer too. Maybe the mech guy wasn't as real a villain as the ones in the sim were."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana gave a laugh at Ulrich's words as they exited the sim, "The guy possessed by the spirit of hate, was less of a villain?! That would be hilarious AND terrifying! Speaking of... Yo Hive! Who were those two anyway? And where's miss speedy who got herself sidelined? Don't think I properly introduced myself. Or maybe I did, that sim has messed with my head. What should I eat in celebration? I don't know! Things!" Slowly, Tatiana started talking to herself mostly excited the simulation was over.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Doesn't make it any less frustrating." kol grumbled as she watched the tail end of the match, moving to follow the others when they started to leave.

Deciding to stick close to Traci, she tries to strike up a conversation, though she fumbles a bit, not really sure what to call the training room. "Hello. I am Kol Attal, I saw you with us in... that place, earlier but I didn't catch your name..."

- - - - - - -
CyberDragon wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken relayed the story of him on the Steelhaven, describing what he'd seen there - including the blood and fears in possibly a bit too much detail for a few listening in - and how he'd helped rescue people and how Nocturl had been squashed to a bloody smudge before they'd got there and still instrumental in saving his own family and making jokes and the pained look on the mothers' face and... then he stopped in thought. "You wanna get a milkshake," he asked eventually.
"Yes! Yes, that sounds like a good idea." Hivemind decided to intervene in case the graphic discussion of violence and blood might trigger June's shark instincts. He didn't think they would, but he didn't want to take the risk. Also, the discussion was disturbing the other kids and parents in the arcade.
About to answer that she wanted to finish her game first, June just let out an annoyed huff when hivemind decided to jump in cutting her off before she could even finish the first word.

"...Fine." June comments, death-glaring the robot.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keevas' ears pricked up at the mention of the name. She held her breath, chewing her lower lip until she heard his voice. Until she saw him. "Dan!" she exclaimed, rushing forward and wrapping her arms around him. She apologised at a wince but stood there, just in front of him, grinning like an idiot and trying not to cry. "He's got an apartment key for you."
Dan almost fell over from the force of Keeva's hug. "Keeva! I-I thought.." He started, before shaking his head. "..Nevermind. You're here, that's all that matters." He continued, smiling lightly and caressing her cheek with his free paw.

After a moment, he turns to the droid. "Unless that key is for the same place where Keeva is staying, I don't want it.. Can you, ah, make that happen? Maybe? Please?" He asked sheepishly, unsure if he was being too upfront.

-----
Buster wrote:"Doesn't make it any less frustrating." kol grumbled as she watched the tail end of the match, moving to follow the others when they started to leave.

Deciding to stick close to Traci, she tries to strike up a conversation, though she fumbles a bit, not really sure what to call the training room. "Hello. I am Kol Attal, I saw you with us in... that place, earlier but I didn't catch your name..."
"Traci, Traci Shwarte. It's nice to meet you, Kol. ..Did I pronounce that right?" She replied with a smile, almost getting the name right.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

(that's an IPA symbol for a particular variation of O if you're wondering)

"Close, the əʊ sound should be a bit more clipped at the end." Kol explains, before shifting the topic off of her name, instead deciding to compliment the newcomer on her most apparent skill. "You're quite fast, I couldn't actually keep track earlier."

As long as the topic didn't go back to her getting undeserving praise for getting knocked out of a fight for the third time, she'd be happy.
Come to think of it, that was two out of three that were kolt's fault, the only one that wasn't him was her getting shaken off the snake thing... they really needed to work on that.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt was happy to lean into Jenny as she helped him walk towards the food court. ”This is *PANT* why I always eat so much.” He said, still exhausted from the tidal wave. ”I ever run out *PANT* of energy, I wind up being barely able to stand. It’s *PANT* the worst.”

Liz hmmed at Hivemind’s response, it having answered none of her real questions about how he built these houses so quickly. Oh well, she supposed that’s what she got for trying to be coy about it. She was about to ask if he was ready to start their meeting, when she heard Corp give up his house to Colorado’s clone. ”You can always stay at our place Corp. We’re going to have more space than we need anyways.”

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I think we're, uh, moving in together," Keeva said, equally sheepishly, to Hivemind. "I'm not having you do that to me again, Dan," she added, looking at him again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"That sounds like a plan, Captain," Corp smiled. He'd hoped someone would have some sort of solution like this but he'd not been sure. He'd just figured having Colorado and Denver in the same room with Seena wouldn't be the best route to harmony. He still had a crew to look after, his own needs be stuffed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I know what you mean," Jenny said, keeping Kolt up as they moved, That cone defence should have broken both my arms apparently. We do stupid things to help everyone, handsome. Let's get this fella three Hawaiian pizzas," she called as they neared a food hall. "The fruit'll do him good! And a quart of Ice cream and a safe Hot Chocolate!" She chuckled. "I'll have a Bacon Cheeseburger."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken chuckled. "Yeah, some of them don't like when I talk of blood and guts," he told June as he stood close to a server and ordered a Strawberry milkshake (he quite likes the colour and the taste) and wondered what flavour June would take from the list.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We'll need to find our way around soon, love," Seena told Colorado, happily repeating his word.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"maybe thats why auntie says humans are too sheltered." June stated still glaring at the hive bot doe a moment longer before looking over the menu they had been ushered towards. one of the names catching her eye as she had no idea what that word was or how to pronounce it at first. "Spumoni Milkshake?" she guessed, more trying the word out than trying to order that, but from her tone it might easily be mistaken for an order.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

~\Rook/~ wrote:A short yelp could be heard from the back of the crowd right after Hive said that, then some mumbled complaints amidst the crowd heading for the droid until a sombre looking battered canine emerged in front. "H-here! I'm.. I'm here." They said, exasperated. His left arm was in a sling and he had multiple medical patches over parts of his exposed fur. He also looked as if he had been crying recently. "Wh-what do you need? I only just heard my name from back there.." He asked, looking around.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keevas' ears pricked up at the mention of the name. She held her breath, chewing her lower lip until she heard his voice. Until she saw him. "Dan," she exclaimed, rushing forward and wrapping her arms around him. She apologised at a wince but stood there, just in front of him, grinning like an idiot and trying not to cry. "He's got an apartment key for you."
~\Rook/~ wrote:Dan almost fell over from the force of Keeva's hug. "Keeva! I-I thought.." He started, before shaking his head. "..Nevermind. You're here, that's all that matters." He continued, smiling lightly and caressing her cheek with his free paw.

After a moment, he turns to the droid. "Unless that key is for the same place where Keeva is staying, I don't want it.. Can you, ah, make that happen? Maybe? Please?" He asked sheepishly, unsure if he was being too upfront.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I think we're, uh, moving in together," Keeva said, equally sheepishly, to Hivemind. "I'm not having you do that to me again, Dan," she added, looking at him again.
The droid was about to hand over the keys, but retracted them when Dan and Keeva requested the ability to share a home. The droid physically could not smile, but it was clear in his voice that he would be smiling if he could. "Of course. I will make a copy of the key for you. It will be here in a few minutes."

-----------------------------------------
~\Rook/~ wrote:"Traci, Traci Shwarte. It's nice to meet you, Kol. ..Did I pronounce that right?" She replied with a smile, almost getting the name right.
Buster wrote:(that's an IPA symbol for a particular variation of O if you're wondering)

"Close, the əʊ sound should be a bit more clipped at the end." Kol explains, before shifting the topic off of her name, instead deciding to compliment the newcomer on her most apparent skill. "You're quite fast, I couldn't actually keep track earlier."

As long as the topic didn't go back to her getting undeserving praise for getting knocked out of a fight for the third time, she'd be happy.
Come to think of it, that was two out of three that were kolt's fault, the only one that wasn't him was her getting shaken off the snake thing... they really needed to work on that.
When Angel Team reached the food court with Kol and Traci, they decided to leave the two to their conversation. Archangel and Gadgeteer both went into specialty restaurants and emerged with plates full of... odd... foods. Gadgeteer emerged from the Varan establishment (which most people seemed to avoid like the plague) with a tray holding the lifeless replicated body of some kind of weird, hairy creature that looked like a chicken had crossed with a hedgehog and a capybara. Archangel emerged carrying a plate that consisted mostly of what looked like raw spare ribs with some supplemental alien veggies, except for the ribs were green and... slightly glowing.

"...You two have the weirdest taste in food." Recon said when they sat down.

~\Rook/~ wrote:Rika turned to the droid with a look of concern. "Ah, did he? Lead on then. We have a lunch appointment with my parents very soon.. And who is this June?" She replied simply, letting the droid lead her to him.
"Alright. This way." The two of them walked through the nearest portal door, which exited from a kiosk near the arcade and ice-cream shop. "They are in the ice-cream shop, getting some milkshakes. I'm buying. Also, June is... for lack of a better term, Kobor and Kolt's daughter. She's the Shark-Fox from yesterday. It's complicated, but she and Jaken seem to be building a pretty adorable friendship."

Deske wrote:Chris nodded, "Sure, I imagine yours is the one that looks like a mechanics garage. I don't want to assume, but I'm pretty sure you don't need a bed." He grinned up at the mech as he made his way off the platform.
"I would assume so." MT said, walking over to the garage-like home. He clicked a button on his reinforced remote key and the door started to open. As soon as he could see inside, his emotions drive apparently started overclocking. He ran in with surprising speed and started looking at everything with wide eyes displayed on his eye screens. The giant robot was moving and looking and talking like a kid in a toy store. "Oh, WOW! This place has everything! Any tool I could need! There's even a fusion welder! Material replicators, charging stations, even a subatomic forge! This place can even work with the Thermosteel armor I've got! And these computers... I don't think I've ever seen a traditional-style computer with so much power!" He was so happy with his arrangements that his tail was actually wagging like a dog's.

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana gave a laugh at Ulrich's words as they exited the sim, "The guy possessed by the spirit of hate, was less of a villain?! That would be hilarious AND terrifying! Speaking of... Yo Hive! Who were those two anyway? And where's miss speedy who got herself sidelined? Don't think I properly introduced myself. Or maybe I did, that sim has messed with my head. What should I eat in celebration? I don't know! Things!" Slowly, Tatiana started talking to herself mostly excited the simulation was over.
"Those were Heat Wave and Cold Front. They're bounty hunters we are often at odds with. They sometimes assist us though. It depends on who's side has the money. As you saw however, they don't care about their allies if the survival of said allies doesn't change the pay. They don't care about killing as long as they get their target."
Legotron123 wrote:Kolt was happy to lean into Jenny as she helped him walk towards the food court. ”This is *PANT* why I always eat so much.” He said, still exhausted from the tidal wave. ”I ever run out *PANT* of energy, I wind up being barely able to stand. It’s *PANT* the worst.”
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I know what you mean," Jenny said, keeping Kolt up as they moved, That cone defence should have broken both my arms apparently. We do stupid things to help everyone, handsome. Let's get this fella three Hawaiian pizzas," she called as they neared a food hall. "The fruit'll do him good! And a quart of Ice cream and a safe Hot Chocolate!" She chuckled. "I'll have a Bacon Cheeseburger."
After helping Kolt to his seat, Hivemind nodded to Jenny's request and immediately headed off to a variety of restaurants to get the highest calorie versions of each of the foods requested for Kolt, as well as a burger from the best burger place in the area for Jenny. He returned, laying Kolt's food out in front of him buffet style and handing the burger to Jenny. "This wasn't from the public kitchen, but it's on me. Ulrich, Tatiana, Lunch is on me. Sort of a congratulations for doing so well in your first training session."

A second droid walked up to Traci and Kol. "Traci, you to. Feel free to pick whatever restaurant you want, I'm paying. Kol, currently the only place that has food you can eat is the public kitchen, but I've gotten a lot better at cooking with ingredients from your home. Just say what you want and I'll fix it."

Buster wrote:About to answer that she wanted to finish her game first, June just let out an annoyed huff when hivemind decided to jump in cutting her off before she could even finish the first word.

"...Fine." June comments, death-glaring the robot.
"I'm really sorry, June. I was worried about how the parents would respond to that conversation. I promise, I'll make it up to you after milkshakes and lunch." he said as they were walking to the ice-cream shop.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken chuckled. "Yeah, some of them don't like when I talk of blood and guts," he told June as he stood close to a server and ordered a Strawberry milkshake (he quite likes the colour and the taste) and wondered what flavour June would take from the list.
Buster wrote:"maybe thats why auntie says humans are too sheltered." June stated still glaring at the hive bot doe a moment longer before looking over the menu they had been ushered towards. one of the names catching her eye as she had no idea what that word was or how to pronounce it at first. "Spumoni Milkshake?" she guessed, more trying the word out than trying to order that, but from her tone it might easily be mistaken for an order.
"A Spumoni milkshake? It seems to be a pistachio milkshake with chocolate, cherry, and hot fudge. It sounds good. I'm not sure if you'll like it, but it can't hurt to try." He explained.

"Why don't you all check out your houses? I'll be right out here if you need anything. Oh, and Captain? We need to arrange our meeting. I know you, Lewis, and Corp are going. Is there anyone else I should expect?" Hivemind said to the crowd before addressing Captain Liz.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Chris chuckled, impressed at how fast the mech could run and how childlike he could be. "I'll be next door if you need anything." He stuck the key near the door and was returned a satisfying click as the door unlocked. Chris looked around at his new home. It had basic furniture at least, a table, chairs, bed and the like. He'd have to furnish it better on his own time.

-------

"Oh! Right!" Colorado said suddenly as it dawned on him that he was still standing on the platform, daydreaming about what family life would be like. "Lets get to it then!" He wheeled her down the ramp and towards the house with the number that matched the key. He held the key up to the door and pushed it open after it clicked, wheeling Seena inside. "Not bad. Definitely going to need some pizzazz or something. Whaddya think?"

-------

"Am I wrong though? It felt like a harder fight than the mech guy. So they must have been better villains!" He kept pace with Tatiana as they made their way to the food court, "I think I am going to try something new, something I have never had before. It should not be hard, there are a lot of alien places around here. Oh and thanks for the free food, Hive. I did not know that we did that well."

-------

Denver lifted an eyebrow at Corp. It was a rare sight to see the mouse smile and the thought of Corp living with the Captain and Lewis was an interesting one.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"what's a pistachio?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt laughed. ”’Doing stupid things to save everyone’ has to be one of the best descriptions of being a hero I’ve ever heard.” He said as they made their way into the food court. As soon as Jenny placed Kolt in his seat and let go, he nearly toppled face first into his food. Fortunately he managed to stop himself in time, and slowly picked up a slice of pizza, his arm wobbling as he moved it towards his mouth. He took a bite, and his eyes slightly widened as he took in the flavor. ”This is pretty good.” He said as he took another bite, his arm moving a little bit more steadily. ”The sweetness of the meat and fruit mix surprisingly well with the saltiness of the sauce and..... I’m guessing cheese? Whatever it is, they go together really well.”

Liz frowned. ”Sadly, no. Most of the higher ranking officers were killed in accident.” She said, turning to look at her son and her friend. ”The three of us are all that’s left.”