Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

tsMKG

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by tsMKG »

Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

How's it sound? Show us!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Unusuallynamedperson

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

That's awesome man! I mean other than it hurting my ears. :mrgreen:

Of course I can't see the image though. :| Stupid light speed access systems.
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Joy: I visited my grandparents over Spring Break.
Annoyance: I visited my grandparents over Spring Break.

I love my family, but I don't like being forced to eat every meal when I'm not hungry sometimes. And I don't like being harassed over school and my grades. I hear enough of that at home from my mom. And I didn't enjoy listening to one of my mom's romance audiobooks on the 8 hour car ride there.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Unusuallynamedperson

Um...eww...

Hang in their Hypernovatic, it can be worse, trust me I know.
*looks at eighty pound stack of paperwork to the right*
Eh, I'll do it later...for now I will just add another project.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Yeah I know. I was also harassed because I was "too skinny" and I need to "gain more weight". I weigh almost 160 pounds. I don't think I need anymore weight.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I agree with "eww".

We should all be so lucky to be skinny and not to have to worry about hunger.
Unusuallynamedperson

I meant the audio tracks....
....... :?

Some of those things can be reeeeally weeeeird....

But yeah that too.
RashallVetkay

Post by RashallVetkay »

Joy: It's spring break for me, even though I need to get a speech done before next week.

Sorrow: It's spring break odd to say I know, but there are some downsides to living in a city by the Gulf of Mexico.
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

Xbox Live ID: Rashall Vetkay

Steam ID: Rashall (same avatar picture as here on the forums)
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

hypernovatic wrote:Yeah I know. I was also harassed because I was "too skinny" and I need to "gain more weight". I weigh almost 160 pounds. I don't think I need anymore weight.
Dude same! Last year I weighed 160 too. I would start eating healthier and exercising but my parents would always rant about me being too skinny when I really wasn't . Over the summer I got into it and by school I was down to 129. My parents still go crazy that I'm too skinny but I just ignore them.

Joy: back from my retreat. It was pretty fun, I'm just really exhausted.
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Unusuallynamedperson wrote:...

I meant the audio tracks....
....... :?

Some of those things can be reeeeally weeeeird....

But yeah that too.
Yeah, I know. It was some book called "Me Before You" or something like that.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Unusuallynamedperson

Hmm, well I am sur you got your daily dose of 'awkward' :P

Sorrow, Eck where do I start! My mother won't stop yelling at me for bad algebra grades. It isn't the math, it's one of two things...lethargy, or bad organization, sometimes both.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sorrow: Been feeling a little bit down lately. I don't feel like my life is really going somewhere... I need progress. I need to be going places... if I'm not going to medical school in the fall that's hard to do.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Sleet wrote:Sorrow: Been feeling a little bit down lately. I don't feel like my life is really going somewhere... I need progress. I need to be going places... if I'm not going to medical school in the fall that's hard to do.
Become the Supreme Admin over Diss. =3
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Unusuallynamedperson

JOY, Back from university, got to see a cockroach made out of pure gold, found out that penguins and polar bears are racists to eachother, and watched a little bit of pure oxygen explode on a guy! Don't worry he's alright.'
Last edited by Unusuallynamedperson on Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Joy: I changed the Team at work and am now working in the Server and Infrastructure Team since the 15th of February.

Sorrow: Im not allowed to take vacation till the guy im filling in for is back. Which means at least till next month or the end of next month.
Which means no easter Vacation :(

Sorrow/Worry: Unfortunately im not really skilled in this Team so even though i am leading some projects i have no clue what im doing ^^" Even though i should i guess.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote:Sorrow: Been feeling a little bit down lately. I don't feel like my life is really going somewhere... I need progress. I need to be going places... if I'm not going to medical school in the fall that's hard to do.
*hugs*

Hoping for the best, Sleet. =(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Unusuallynamedperson

I hear good things about exaggerated Rubix cubes. :P
Hope you get in dude.
Last edited by Unusuallynamedperson on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Sorrow: Going to talk to my college counselor for the third time about my schedule. I'm trying to transfer but he/she keeps pushing GEs onto me even though it's something I don't need for the program I'm in... Hopefully it'll be sorted out definitively today.

Joy: I managed to wake up today at 5:30 on the dot in a very Judy Hopps fashion.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Joy: I finally have insurance so I can go to the dentist.

Sorrow: Not going to to dentist for so long has caused me to develop a abscessed tooth that had to be pulled. And the Novocaine is starting to wear off.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Would ice help? Having to depend on painkillers can be debilitating once the thing wears off.

Sorrow: Still almost deaf in one ear, and it's hard to listen to anything

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Seth Shepherd

Post by Seth Shepherd »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Joy: I finally have insurance so I can go to the dentist.

Sorrow: Not going to to dentist for so long has caused me to develop a abscessed tooth that had to be pulled. And the Novocaine is starting to wear off.
I used to work in a dental office, so rest assured that you'll feel better soon. The recovery time of that kind of procedure isn't too long. If they didn't give you pain medication, Extra Strength Tylenol is decent for surgical/oral pains, just make sure you take it only once every 4 to 6 hours. Also, if you end up getting an implant, they aren't too bad either (pain and recovery wise). And like kurowolfe said, ice packs are a God-send. That'll definitely help with any inflammation.

Joy/Hopeful: The graduate school that I got accepted into may have a Teaching Assistantship for me. I won't know until April 15th at the latest, but as more students decline their offers, more TA positions open up, and my contact said that it was "fairly likely" that I would get one.

Sorrow: I've got a 8 hour ride back home, and I'm not a fan of public transportation (I'm a bit of a germaphobe).
ImageImage
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: Our housecleaning lady died yesterday from a heart attack. I wasn't really close to her. In fact, she's not even family. But she comes by every other day to do chores and basically make our house not a mess. She even comes by to some events like birthdays and parties to help clean up and such. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't saddened when I heard the news. I hope she finds peace in the after life... or something along those lines.
A little bit Sorrow: I feel really bad for her family. She works really hard and has to travel far just to get to our house. I hope they'll get by alright.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Joy: I'm spending the week in New Orleans. Getting lots of walking in. Staying at a nice little hotel in the French Quarter.

Joy: I won $50 playing craps at Harrah's yesterday.

Even bigger joy: I won another $700 playing craps this afternoon!
Unusuallynamedperson

Sorrow, went to the dentist earlier today, learned that I have extremely sensitive teeth where cavities are bound to form on the sides, and swallowed about a pint's worth of bubble gum flavored toothpaste *or whatever it is that they use*, and my mother is experimenting with her cooking again which is never a good sign as far as I am concerned. :cry:
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Well. This has been one heck of a month. Now I'm stuck reflecting on how I could have been doing better in school and not procrastinating AND rewriting an entire months work of a chapter for my fan fiction. So, I guess I can give a list of the joys and sorrows so far, I guess.

Joy: I'm finally taking a stand on my academics, digging myself out of a huge rut filled to the brim with procrastination.
Sorrow: Found a picture of my dog that recently passed and cried a bit. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, but it's the reflection that got to me. She was a great dog.
Sorrow: As stated above I'm not doing to well in college and this semester is riding on my success. The struggle could not be more real. The suckiest thing about it is that I did it to myself (shocker :roll: ). Not only that, my family keeps pressuring me and poking fun that I'm such a freaking failure most of the time. I just... I'm done talking about it.
Sorrow: I threw away basically almost a whole months worth of writing because it wasn't good enough to meet the standards of my fic. Now I have to go through the tedious process of redoing the whole thing which will probably take ANOTHER month. Let see how much I get done with school.
Joy: Perfect pitch is a freaking blessing. It really is.
Meh: Part of me feels stressed, frustrated, angry, sad, absolutely done, and even depressed, but my brain cant decide what to chose so it hides itself in this shell that just conforms to my friends and surroundings, leaving my thoughts and feelings to myself. I don't know... I guess my mind is just weird.

Sorry for the absolute mess that was this post, I've got a lot on my plate at the moment and I'm trying to just think about how I want to tackle it all; plus I needed to vent. This post felt really good to write.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

D3ath_0ps wrote:Part of me feels stressed, frustrated, angry, sad, absolutely done, and even depressed, but my brain cant decide what to chose so it hides itself in this shell that just conforms to my friends and surroundings, leaving my thoughts and feelings to myself.
You are not alone in the struggle, D3ath_0ps. Always know that.

I'm glad you're buckling down on the schoolwork. And even if your family's being a butt about it, you're not doing it for them. So do yourself proud. :D
RashallVetkay

Post by RashallVetkay »

D3ath_0ps wrote: Sorrow: I threw away basically almost a whole months worth of writing because it wasn't good enough to meet the standards of my fic. Now I have to go through the tedious process of redoing the whole thing which will probably take ANOTHER month. Let see how much I get done with school.
I know this feeling all too well, especially since I'm going to college and work which means getting time to put down my ideas onto a word doc. is nigh impossible. Though I do manage to do it somehow amazingly, I would say though that focusing on school is the more important bit here and that it's the right call. Trust me you'll get a chance to write at some random time and when you do don't hesitate to take it, even if it's not the full story in one go it helps.
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

Xbox Live ID: Rashall Vetkay

Steam ID: Rashall (same avatar picture as here on the forums)
JonnyNova

Post by JonnyNova »

Sorrow: Songwriting has been incredibly frustrating lately. No matter what I try I just can't write anything that I'm happy with. It just feels like I've completely run out of ideas, and keeping at it just seems to be making it worse. And it's so frustrating because I know that I CAN write music. I have several songs that I've written in the past that I'm really proud of, but lately it's like I've forgotten how.
*purrs loudly*

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

~ Story of the month ~

Sorrow: Chest was hurting. doctors can't see anything wrong, but it's likely because of indigestion.

Joy: A week later of just drinking water and i'm fine!

Slight Sorrow: It's time to cut down on gassy stuff. Mainly - Pepsi and Coca Cola. start drinking nothing but water. Grew up with this stuff, but i don't want anymore chest pains because of it.
Seth Shepherd

Post by Seth Shepherd »

Joy: This weekend at the University of Alabama Birmingham, I presented my research at the MAA Southeastern Conference and won the Walk and Susan Patterson Prize for outstanding presentation.

Sorrow: On the 7 hour drive back home, was almost in two very bad car accidents:
1. An 18 wheeler almost running me into on-coming traffic.
2. A car who was parked on the side of the highway pulled out in front of me without meeting the speed of highway traffic and I almost rear-ended him going 70mph (which was the speed limit). He was going like 10.

Joy: My self, my passengers, and my car survived.
ImageImage
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Joy: I may get a chance to hopefully take a few days off (Hoping to make it 5) to go back home and tie up a few ends to be totally independent of my family. Those being specifically getting on my own phone plan, getting my truck actually transferred to my name instead of my dad's, and getting my own car insurance for it.

While it really does save more money to share my family's phone and car insurance plans, now that I'm not living with them, it's better that I have them myself because it's just going to be that much easier dealing with stuff should anything actually happen.

Sorrow: Couldn't watch the season opener of MLP on Saturday due to no internet (and an unwillingness to burn my phone data). I'd normally ask this in the MLP thread, but I want to avoid all spoilers. Does anyone know when the episodes become available for purchase on Google Play? That way I can download them when I have internet and watch them if I don't. I was hoping they'd be available now, but they aren't. I'm assuming they become available a week after they air.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

GameCobra wrote:~ Story of the month ~

Sorrow: Chest was hurting. doctors can't see anything wrong, but it's likely because of indigestion.

Joy: A week later of just drinking water and i'm fine!

Slight Sorrow: It's time to cut down on gassy stuff. Mainly - Pepsi and Coca Cola. start drinking nothing but water. Grew up with this stuff, but i don't want anymore chest pains because of it.
The trick is to not drink too much, or even worse drink soda to the exclusion of water. I've made that mistake in the past (though in recent years the diet stuff--haven't drank sugary sodas in over a decade).
Seth Shepherd wrote:Joy: This weekend at the University of Alabama Birmingham, I presented my research at the MAA Southeastern Conference and won the Walk and Susan Patterson Prize for outstanding presentation.

Sorrow: On the 7 hour drive back home, was almost in two very bad car accidents:
1. An 18 wheeler almost running me into on-coming traffic.
2. A car who was parked on the side of the highway pulled out in front of me without meeting the speed of highway traffic and I almost rear-ended him going 70mph (which was the speed limit). He was going like 10.

Joy: My self, my passengers, and my car survived.
I remember shortly after I got the car before my current one (it was about 6 years ago), an 18 wheeler pulled out from a business and across three lanes of traffic right in front of me. In the rain. I literally saw my life flash before my eyes as I slammed on the brakes because I knew my head was coming off if I hit it.

Fortunately, the anti-lock brakes worked, and I stopped fairly quick. I was worried because my previous car did not have have anti-lock brakes, and that got me in trouble more than a few times.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

My sorrows once again come in threes.

First, I lost a tooth.

Second, my car broke down.

Third, my friend Hunter is sick with flu so it is doubtful if I can go with her to FWA.

I hate my life.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Unusuallynamedperson

That sounds pretty bad, hey I'm sure it's not as bad as it seems.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: My throat's starting to hurt again. It's hurting the same way it did a few weeks ago. Luckily, I took some medicine before it got worse. Still hate how it makes eating such a big pain.
Another little Sorrow: I've been feeling sorta... detached from everything. I dunno how else to explain it, but that's kinda it. Like, I'm no longer involved the same way like I normally am with a lot of things, this forum being one of them. I used to post a lot, then I just post occasionally. Now, I barely even read on what's going on. Sigh...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Unusuallynamedperson

I dunno about the second part, but you could down a jar of pickle juice that's what I did when I have tonsillitis. And, 'this no more! But if you're loosing interests in things, it may be because you're overworked or just have been doing that activity so much that it no longer appeals to you in the same manner.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I'm an uncle!

Sorrow: It doesn't look like I'm getting into medical school this year. Again... :(
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Make sure to spoil the young ones with Housepets and Games, Uncle Sleet! :D <3

Still hoping for the best with your job career =(

Joy: Vacation booked for July and August. whee! <3