Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

CosmicCoyote

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Joy: Played Clue/Cluedo with family. Won both times!

Sorrow: My character was also the killer both times. >_>
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sorrow: A friend's shop/house burned to the ground due to an electrical fault right before Christmas. 26 rooms full of antique dolls and other collectibles all gone plus all their personal possessions.

Joy: Their community rallied together and gave them food, clothes, blankets, money and other things they need.

Joy: I got a new baby second cousin and both mum and bub are happy! Best Christmas present ever!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Pretty sure Christmas won't ever feel like Christmas ever again for me. :/
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Joy: After failing to find the specific cordless tool/battery combinations that I wanted to get myself for Christmas, I came across a really good laptop on sale in Staples and since I've been thinking about getting a new one anyway, decided to get that for myself for Christmas instead.

(Slight) Sorrow: It was about $200 more than I was planning on spending on the tools which kinda hurt a little since I wasn't planning on spending THAT much.

Joy: It was a really good laptop for the price though and I can afford the extra $200. I had actually been specifically looking at the same brand online the day before and the online prices (while fair), did not match this one.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sorrow: Pretty sure Christmas won't ever feel like Christmas ever again for me. :/
That's kinda vague... why is that? :(
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Sleet wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sorrow: Pretty sure Christmas won't ever feel like Christmas ever again for me. :/
Remember, she lost a grandparent earlier this year.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

*hugs* Always remind others of the good times you had as life gets older. My Grandfather will be the same way, as well.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Kitch wrote:
Sleet wrote:
Remember, she lost a grandparent earlier this year.
Last year actually. It will be 2 years April 2016.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joy: Just found out I got accepted into the Masters of Teaching course I wanted! Look out, high school science labs, here I come!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Congratulations, Hlaoroo! I think you'll make an excellent teacher :D
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Joy: Found some Tickets online for one of my favourite Bands on eBay classifieds for the same price they would normally cost me. Since the concert is already sold out.

Sorrow: Its ebay classifieds so it might be a scam and i might be loosing 110€ :/ Hope for the best though.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Well... parents waited 'til after the holiday was over to drop the bomb on me and my sister.

Sorrow: My grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer within the last month. From what I understand it was caught fairly early and her prognosis isn't bad. My med-school student sister seemed pretty optimistic when given the details. Well, you know, given the circumstances. We all talked to her over the phone, and she didn't seem out of it at all. Indeed, the biggest thing she seemed irritated about was how my grandfather was pestering her for updates. (They have a... history, let's say. I mean, they ended up divorcing something like 20 years before I was born.) So hearing her in normal spirits was good to hear.

But I dunno. My other grandmother passed away two years ago from a long fight from cancer (colon, not breast), and after watching her just... waste away over the years, I'm in no eager mood to see it happen again. She'd have her good spots and bad spots - but each time she would dip and recover, a piece would be chipped away from her. And when it came back she'd lose just a little more until she was a fragment of her former self, a fragile twig of a person. I remember how frail she was the last time I saw her, maybe 4 or 5 weeks before she died. There was just nothing left of her.

I just hope things go well. I can't worry about it too much - it's not like I have any control over the situation, you know? But *sigh* just puts a damper on things.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sorrow: I got some sort of viral pharyngitis from spending 48 hours working at the urgent care over the course of 4 days...
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm so sorry that something like that has happened to you and that you lost one grandmother already. I will pray for your family Cosmic.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Sorrow:

Ian 'Lemmy' Kilmister died today. He was one of my favorite musicians.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wow that's really sad. I may not have known him but I do know that he is who the koopaling Lemmy was based on.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Joy: Finally got Undertale! Really enjoying it so far :D
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yeeeeees. More people to talk about it with. :D

Joy: My sickness is going away pretty fast!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I seem to be getting a lot more energy than I usually have
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: My blood test results came back, and it confirmed my suspicions of susceptibility to gout. I also have a very fatty liver. I was more bugged by the fact that my body went into its 30s without me -3-

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

But now that you know, you can deal with it! It beats being blindsided.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Agreed. At least now you have a better chance dealing with it.

Joy: Had a fun time at Singapore!
Sorrow: Sadly that had to end and now I'm back at the Philippines. I also have classes again on Wednesday soo... yeah.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Sorrow: Seems i did catch a cold at the beginning of the year :/
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I had a massive migraine and some of it is lingering
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sleet wrote:But now that you know, you can deal with it! It beats being blindsided.
I don't reeeeally mind I have these conditions, I sorta know they're coming eventually. It's just that with the mental maturity of a 19-year-old, it feels awkward handling a 30+-years-old stereotypical Malaysian body. I am going to rectify what I can however, hopefully it'll put these under control.
Invisan wrote:Sorrow: Seems i did catch a cold at the beginning of the year :/
My advice as always: Drink lots of warm water, cover up under lots of clothing and blankets, turn up the thermostat a little is possible and just rest in general. Avoid oily, spicy and sweet foods and drinks. Drinking hot lemon tea might help

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My migraine has went away!
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Things have been... very rough recently.

Sorrow: School again. Wooooooo.
Sorrow: I've been having a case of "Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome;" in essence, chewing or otherwise opening and closing my mouth results in an uncomfortable popping in my jaw joint. It's not seriously harmful but it's extremely annoying and uncomfortable and makes eating a pain.
Sorrow: Things have gotten very heavy in the ol' chatroom. Two suicide scares, one instance of cutting, a major breakup that may lead to the previous suicide scares becoming a reality, tension with another chatroom... And this was just in the last week. It's starting to get pretty hard to stick around, though I'm obligated to nonetheless.
Sorrow: I've been tired all day. Fighting sleep throughout school and all. It's been fun.

Joy: Went to see Star Wars a couple days after it came out and it was great. One of my favorite movies of the year. Drinking the tears of angry YouTube commenters who barely paid attention is an added plus... if tiring after a while.
Joy: The popping has been weakening recently so I should have normal jaw function in a little while!
Joy: No homework tonight, which is always a plus.
Joy: Hitched a ride via Uber for the first time today. First time ever sitting in one of those new Jettas... Pretty slick.
Joy: My drawing feels markedly improved somehow and that is pleasing to me.

Joy: At long last, after nearly three years of tossing this idea around, I've finally begun work on the revamped, revamped, revamped, revamped version of a very, very old idea. Sure, it's miniscule at the moment (basically a short analysis of only one character out of the central group)... but it's a lot further than I've been in a long, long time! Here's hoping it doesn't die again this time...
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Ezaz

Post by Ezaz »

Sorrow: School day for the first time in a month.
Sorrow: After taking my medication I got heartburn.

Joy: Made a HP! forum account.
Joy: Began working on a large project in the MinePets server.
Last edited by Ezaz on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mickey the Luxray

Ezaz wrote:Sorrow: School day for the first time in a month.

Joy: Made a HP! forum account.
Welcome to the forums! You'll love it here, for sure.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Ouch Mickey that sounds like it is all really rough. At least the good outweighs the bad though.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Joy: Finally we arrived at our Vacation's location: Puerto Madryn!
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Mickey the Luxray

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Ouch Mickey that sounds like it is all really rough. At least the good outweighs the bad though.
It happens. Most of it should blow over at some point. And what doesn't... I can deal with it.

Joy: Got two more character analyses (version one subject to change a lot) for Fireman Neue done tonight- and trust me when I say I haven't been this productive on it in almost three years! Things may be looking up for this age-old... thing.
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Sorrow: I'm so frustrated that every time I've gone for photo ID I lose something, or don't have enough documents, or screw up something on the forms. Ugh! My fault of course, but something seems to go wrong every time. Maybe I might have to bite the bullet and just go for a learner's permit...

Joy: I've been enjoying the lack of hot weather where I live. Nice to not be roasting in the middle of summer for once :)
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My boyfriend is taking me and his family out to a very fine dining restaurant.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorrow: I get off work at 3AM. The McD's drive through doesn't open until 5AM. I am hungry. Send provisions.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'll send you some BK because obviously BK is superior.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorrow: Our huskie just took a big bite out of a chocolate easter rabbit's head without us realizing it. We're hoping she's ok...
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah that can't be really that good. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

unless the bunny was either solid chocolate or ridiculously huge, she should just get a bit sick (assuming she's average husky size).
though a vet's opinion may be helpful just in case.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: Gonna take a while for me to get used to having night classes. I'd have to budget my allowance or else I'll go hungry throughout the day.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.