Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

ShadowLightning

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by ShadowLightning »

Yikes, sorry to hear that Iron Panda. Hope things go alright for your family. Oh and good luck with that national novel writing month thing. I wish you all the best. :P

A little Joy: The reaction paper that was due today was moved till Monday, which I am very grateful for because I rushed the paper a little while ago to get it done. Hopefully I can rewrite the whole thing and make it presentable by next week.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Hope everything works out well for you Red.

Sorrow: A few weeks/days ago i ordered two new inner tubes for my bicycle. Unfortunately the Seller sent me two with different valves :/

Bigger Sorrow: Tried to at least change the one with the right Valve. Unfortunately it seems i didnt do it right and the tube bursted while there were almost 50 PSI on it right near my right ear. So i have some trouble hearing at the moment. And i have to order a new Tube :/

Joy: I still have time of of work :3

Bigger Joy: Finally some time to work on my FF :)
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Hope your ear is okay, Invisan. :?

There are two types of bicycle tire valves, and apparently one is a valve used by competitive bikers. I've confused them before.
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

There are 3 different Valves ^^ The normal ones. The Car Valves and the French Valves which are used for the competetive Racing Bicycles.

Jep my ear is getting better. I tested it yesterday at a Metal Concert.

Had some trouble hearing after that concert on both ears xD But well its okay now.

Joy: Baking some homemade Bread :3 Peperoni Cheese and Roasted Onion Ham.

Slight Sorrow: Dont know how that will turn out :/ The Roasted Onion Ham one might be too salty in the end :/

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I only need to take one class in community college next semester!

Sorrow: I don't know if I'm gonna transfer to another college or just graduate.
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: Online class enlistment is going bad. I have a really bad schedule, with my earliest class starting at 7:30 in the morning, and my latest class ending at 9:15 in the evening. Both these classes are on the same day, just so you'd know. I'm just hoping more classes get added in the next few weeks, cause I'd really rather not have to stay at campus for approximately 12 hours.
Another little Sorrow: I have a headache and I've been feeling really tired and sleepy since yesterday.
A little Joy: I passed a test on one of my classes, which I was almost sure I would have failed so... that's good, hehe.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Sorrow: Ordered a new CPU, Mainboard, RAM and some card games for my PC while it was 30% off on a website after i payed it i saw it was already sold out prior. Thought i might still get it though but received a mail today. Even though not everything was sold out they canceled the whole thing cause some things where sold out. Unfortunately i cant rebuy the things which still where available since they are now sold out too....

Joy: Bread turned out quite good.

More Joy: Finally started writing the next and maybe last chapter of my fanfic.

Ultimate Joy: Received a Mail today which stated i won a PS4 including Singstar Ultimate Party and the PS4 Camera in a competition i took place in a few month ago. Already forgot about that though ^^"

tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Sorrow: geography integration test.

And it's hard to study.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: No classes or work tomorrow due to Veteran's Day! Woo!
AstroOtter

Post by AstroOtter »

JOY!!!

MST3K is reborn!!! There's a kickstarter for it run by Joel Hodgson himself underway right now, and the $$$ is rolling in.
If folks can cough up 2 million bucks, he'll make 3 episodes. $5.5 million will get us 12 episodes.

HI KEEBA!
Creature of chaos with long slender body, heavy tail, and clever hands. I am to water as a dragon is to fire. And I'm adorable.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

hooray, Mayor Dewey making jokes about bad movies is back.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: I read the spoilers for the story mode of a game I'm playing while reading up on this essential character on the wiki. It's not the spoiler that I'm sad about, it's the fact that that guy would die defending my own in the end of the storyline.
Joy: In this case, I'm glad I've spoiled myself. As mentioned, I have a very weak emotional barrier when it comes to things like conflicts and deaths, and knowing this info would help me steel myself as I go along the story. I know that this defeats the point of having a well-fleshed out character, but I put my own mental wellbeing over some fictional story first any day.

A lot of other stuffs too, but I don't feel like talking about them :?

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sorrow: I work nine days in a row, some of which are 12 hours.

Joy: But I love my post-promotion job! ^_^
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Joy: My application for the JET program has been submitted! :D
Now to await the results....
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Joy: First snow of the season! Yay!
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I woke up feeling EXTREMELY tired, despite the fact I went to bed early(er)
ShadowLightning

I know how that feels. That's actually been happening to me too for the past few days.

Slight Sorrow/Joy(?): My stomach's been aching a lot lately. Apparently, my mom says it's because of all the prune juice I've started drinking and it's just the body's way of "getting rid of toxins" or something. For my sake, I hope she's right. :?
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Joy: Got to watch the joyous occasion of seeing my brother get married. He's really grown up a lot over the years. I almost was late however, when I went to the wrong place due to some rather vague directions.

Sorrow: Packing by myself sucks big time. I'm getting there, and I'll have help moving my stuff into the house I'm moving into but I almost basically got to pack up my stuff on my own because most of my family are busy this time of year.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That really does suck a whole lot. You have any friends that could possibly help you?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Sorrow: my school is offering a voice over class next semester. but it's already full. and even if it weren't, there's no room in my schedule until I know for sure I don't have to retake a class.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Super Actual Joy: I got accepted to the University of Arizona! Now know I finally have a solid plan for the next five years studying Architecture. Now I get to worry about that kind of problem Brent pointed out...
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Confused Sorrow: My two bros, who I've grown up with for all my 15 years, will be leaving to America in 2 days.
Optimistic Joy: I get the bedroom to myself now.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Civilization wrote:Super Actual Joy: I got accepted to the University of Arizona! Now know I finally have a solid plan for the next five years studying Architecture. Now I get to worry about that kind of problem Brent pointed out...
Congratz Civ!

Major update-
Sorrow: I couldn't find a local university that offers pharmacy part-time. I could go full time, but I really don't want to put financial pressure on my parents, especially seeing how life treats them recently (my dad moving work places and having to deal with his missing fingertip; my mum with escalating work stress and swindling brothers making the bank chase her instead)
Joy: So I instead applied for a degree in occupational safety and health part-time at a college 15 minutes walking distance from home. I was afraid my qualifications were too old or low, but they were accepted somehow. Just gotta register on site before the end of the year and I'm set, and thankfully the fees are manageable. I know a little bit about OSHA and liked the subjects well enough, and the job is in high demand in many critical areas like in medicine and engineering, so hopefully this will be the key for a permanent job soon.

Sorrow: I just realized that my current job only pays less than 80 US cent per hour. 12 hours night shifts, every 10 days. I need the money because it's still adequate, but the continuous night shifts are really messing with my body.
Sorrow: Which means I need to find another job soon (hopefully at the Starbucks 20 minutes away), which would require me getting that driving license. Imagine juggling anxiety and performance issues while trying to remember how to change gears. Last time I was at the driving center, I drove the car up the curb and got yelled at by this instructor x+x

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Civilization wrote:Super Actual Joy: I got accepted to the University of Arizona! Now know I finally have a solid plan for the next five years studying Architecture. Now I get to worry about that kind of problem Brent pointed out...
Congrats! I'm really happy for you, Civ.
RP chars:
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Sorrow: My bros are gone now. They left early this morning(1:55). Huph...
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Joy: It's snowing. :)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Don't worry SuperStar, I'm sure you will see them again sooner than you think. :)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sometimes i wish i wasn't so hard and stubborn. :(

Great Sorrow: Grandfather passed away. He couldn't recover from the stroke a few weeks back. My mom and the rest of the family was with him at his final hours at least. My thoughts and prayers to him. He helped raise me when i was a kid and just living with my mother. I'll never forget the kind things he did for me growing up.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

GameCobra wrote:Sometimes i wish i wasn't so hard and stubborn. :(

Great Sorrow: Grandfather passed away. He couldn't recover from the stroke a few weeks back. My mom and the rest of the family was with him at his final hours at least. My thoughts and prayers to him. He helped raise me when i was a kid and just living with my mother. I'll never forget the kind things he did for me growing up.
oh no , I'm so sorry GC *hug* . My best prayers and wishes to you and your family , and hope you all will be well.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'm so sorry, GC. I know first-hand how hard it is to lose a grandfather. If there's anything I can do to help you get through this then please don't hesitatte to ask.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

In all honesty, i'm just going to be taking a break from playing games and the internet for a few days to spend time with everyone that knew him when i was growing up, but i'll be checking on Twitter, Skype and maybe watching some streams in the meantime.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm sorry to hear that, GameCobra. :(
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

My condolences to you and your family Game, and do what you feel you have to do

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: My paternal grandmother had a stroke. They caught it in time my father said but I'm worried that there still might be some damage.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

My condolences, GC & Dayzee. Strokes are always worrisome, and it's never easy to lose a loved one.
RP chars:
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I hope she'll be alright, Amazee.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

She's in my prayers, Amazee. :(

Joy: I've finished my nine days in a row of work, and now I get to slow down a bit and enjoy myself~
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sorrow: My paternal grandmother had a stroke. They caught it in time my father said but I'm worried that there still might be some damage.
Praying big time here, Amazee :(
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I'm sorry, GC and Dayzee :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Thanks. I honestly wanted to punch my sister today who pointed out IF she dies, then my maternal grandmother and paternal grandfather could get married.

And make our parents step-siblings.