Wait why is Diss blue now?
Lack of oxygen.

But then diss would be dark red.
Just an Arc
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Chat Thread 41: Mod Maker

Post by Sleet »

JeffCvt wrote:*is human and therefor has no claws to lose even if he wasn't a mod*
You'd have your fingernails removed with tweezers in that case.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Well, I'm a mod so I get to keep them anyway. :P

Also:
RatHead wrote:Well then I think we need to worry about Render, Jeff, and Brent more as they are a darker shade of blue
*Dies from having not breathed since becoming a mod*
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

RatHead wrote:also... what's ear and tail docking?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docking_%28dog%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cropping_%28animal%29
JeffCvt wrote:
RatHead wrote:Well then I think we need to worry about Render, Jeff, and Brent more as they are a darker shade of blue
Jeff, the trick is to ignore being a Mod from time to time... Or just look away from the screen for breathing - that's what I do. :lol:

Well, I agree that we need a more healthy color. Isn't red available now since Diss is blue? XD Or Peanut's ear brown? I like Peanut's ear brown...
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Render wrote:
RatHead wrote:also... what's ear and tail docking?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docking_%28dog%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cropping_%28animal%29[/color]
I know, Roo told me on Skype, but thanks!
Also, now I know that corgi's REALLY DO have tails!
JeffCvt wrote:Well, I'm a mod so I get to keep them anyway. :P

Also:
EVERYONE MOVE AWAY!!!

CLEAR!!!!! Image

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

While that's a neat defibrillator-themed emoticon, there are a couple of things wrong. A defibrillator is not the proper implement for dealing with cyanosis. One would want to provide oxygen therapy, either via nasal cannula, face mask, or intubation. Also, the rhythm displayed on the cardiac monitor is asystole, the absence of electrical activity in the heart, which is not a shockable rhythm. The correct treatment is high-quality CPR and cardiac resuscitation drugs (such as vasopressin or epinephrine which, amusingly enough, is a cardiotoxin).

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Atropine is actually best for restarting the heart. Vasopressin is a vasoconstrictor (it narrows blood vessels) and an antidiuretic (keeps water in the body) so it may help by increasing blood pressure but it won't act directly to stimulate the heart. Atropine is also preferred to epinephrine (adrenalin) because it will act faster although epinephrine can be used. You're right about everything else though.
In terms of treating cyanosis (turning blue form lack of oxygen), Diss is right that oxygen therapy and increasing the blood pressure could help. You'd want to find out why the patient is cyanotic as fast as possible though.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

RatHead

Post by RatHead »

diss wrote:----------FLATLINE---------
EVERYONE MOVE! DISS'S BRAIN HAS FLATLINED AND NEEDS DEFIBRILLATION!!!!

Hey who to-where's the defibrillator?

But on a more serious note, STOP TAKIN THIS SO SERIOUSLY! comon, it was meant as a joke, and it was either that emote or this one:Image
And i thought that that was funnnier.

I know that it would be incorrect, and I also know what the right type of thing would be, ad I have taken multiple different CPR, First-aid, and Lifesaving classes.

HP! Messenger
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Hlaoroo wrote:Atropine is actually best for restarting the heart. Vasopressin is a vasoconstrictor (it narrows blood vessels) and an antidiuretic (keeps water in the body) so it may help by increasing blood pressure but it won't act directly to stimulate the heart. Atropine is also preferred to epinephrine (adrenalin) because it will act faster although epinephrine can be used. You're right about everything else though.
In the US, atropine was removed from ACLS protocols in 2010 because there was no evidence of effectiveness. The current ACLS protocols call for a round of Vasopressin followed by Epinephrine at three- to five-minute intervals.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Really? I have not heard that. We've been taught to use it in class and I've seen it used in surgery in animals and it worked just fine.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RatHead

Post by RatHead »

We REALLY need to wake this thread up and get off of this medical thing we keep getting on...

HP! Messenger
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Hlaoroo wrote:Really? I have not heard that. We've been taught to use it in class and I've seen it used in surgery in animals and it worked just fine.
I promise! *giggles* In humans, atropine is now only indicated for treatment of bradycardia; I'm not sure the ambulances where I live even carry it.

[ ACLS Chart ]

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Huh. There you go. Yet another difference between humans and animals. Come to think of it though, when I saw it used that was for bradycardia and not for complete cardiac arrest. I haven't seen a complete arrest yet. I shall have to ask my pharmacology lecturer about this.

Anyway, shall we discuss something that laypeople can understand?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Hlaoroo wrote:Anyway, shall we discuss something that laypeople can understand?
THANK you FINALLY..!

HP! Messenger
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Hlaoroo wrote:I've never head of those before, Copper. Do they fit into the claw sheaths or are the cats left with their claws sticking out all the time?

Did you know that declawing is actually removing the first bone in the finger/paw, and that declawing and ear and tail docking are now illegal in Australia unless you have a valid medical reason for doing so?

Where does one even get swords and battle axes these days, Copper?

You slip them over the claw and then cut them to length. They are like little rubber tubes but made of something else, not sure what. They stay on for a long while too! Only need to put new ones on every few months I think, maybe even longer. They are mostly used in cats.

I mostly buy my bladed weapons from flea markets and gun shows, although a few have come off ebay.

And none of those things are illegal here. I think we have performed a tail docking or two, but it is rare if we even do. Declawing is rather routine in cats here.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Interesting. They're certainly a better solution than declawing but proper training (of the cat and the owner) would be better than both options.
I am quite against declawing except for medical reasons or when all reasonable attempts to retrain the cat have failed. In the interests of avoiding controversy here though, I'll not go into that debate.

Do you have any particularly interesting or well known pieces in your collection, Copper?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

NAw, mostly reproductions and decorative things. I am way too poor to afford really high quality or antique stuff It looks good though, and I did buy a sharpening stone to use if I ever wanted to make them real swords and not show pieces... I do have this cane sword though. The top is a Cobra's head and you unscrew it to bring out a nice blade~ :D
My characters
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

copper wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:I've never head of those before, Copper. Do they fit into the claw sheaths or are the cats left with their claws sticking out all the time?

Did you know that declawing is actually removing the first bone in the finger/paw, and that declawing and ear and tail docking are now illegal in Australia unless you have a valid medical reason for doing so?

Where does one even get swords and battle axes these days, Copper?

You slip them over the claw and then cut them to length. They are like little rubber tubes but made of something else, not sure what. They stay on for a long while too! Only need to put new ones on every few months I think, maybe even longer. They are mostly used in cats.

I mostly buy my bladed weapons from flea markets and gun shows, although a few have come off ebay.

And none of those things are illegal here. I think we have performed a tail docking or two, but it is rare if we even do. Declawing is rather routine in cats here.
When you first said softpaws I was thinking of something else Copper...

...The sock thingies

I usually go to my local sport-type store... stay away from gas station stuff though unless you're SURE it's name brand and even then be suspicious...

The cats in my family ALWAYS get the front claws off, but they still "sharpen" them though... it gets annoying when they do it at 3am
Hlaoroo wrote:I am quite against declawing except for medical reasons...
What medical reasons would there be for declawing a cat?

HP! Messenger
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

copper wrote:NAw, mostly reproductions and decorative things. I am way too poor to afford really high quality or antique stuff It looks good though, and I did buy a sharpening stone to use if I ever wanted to make them real swords and not show pieces... I do have this cane sword though. The top is a Cobra's head and you unscrew it to bring out a nice blade~ :D
Uhh, you KNOW you can't sharpen decorative pieces to make them actually work... right?
and sometimes the same with reproductions...
and with the cane.... does the tang go all the way through to the end of the handle and keep the same thickness?

HP! Messenger
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cool. You know I've always wanted to learn fencing. Have you done fencing, copper, or do you just collect the weapons?

Declawing? Well, like with the tails and ears, if they're damaged beyond repair or cancerous or they have certain types of infections.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Huh, never seen this thread before. I'm guessing its where you people just talk about random stuff.

Anyway, my aunt is a self-proclaimed tai-chi sword master, and she taught me how to fight with a sword when I was like...6.
I believe I'm quite proficient at the art itself, been in more than a few duels with my brother and some of my aunts other 'students'.

I've considered taking up fencing before, but my aunt advised me against it, saying that it adopts a whole different style to tai-chi swordfighting and I'll never get used to it.
I've never dueled a fencer, but I'm interested in how that will turn out :P
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson

Post by 0404 »

Hadi there Cyan! I really don't know much about swords.. done fencing class for a week but that was about it.
I rather like short 3~6 inches knives for survival situation :P
Roo, when you visit 'Merica, you should go to a gun show or gun range. Either one is fun.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Just don't visit the same time as me Hlaoroo, it could be dangerous. :lol:
Fencing class for me was ruined by immature kids who wanted magic powers and thought that they could try and decapitate other class members. I had one decent match with my friend which wasn't as fu as it could have been because that kind of game was normal for us.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

deepskycyan wrote:Huh, never seen this thread before. I'm guessing its where you people just talk about random stuff.

Anyway, my aunt is a self-proclaimed tai-chi sword master, and she taught me how to fight with a sword when I was like...6.
I believe I'm quite proficient at the art itself, been in more than a few duels with my brother and some of my aunts other 'students'.

I've considered taking up fencing before, but my aunt advised me against it, saying that it adopts a whole different style to tai-chi swordfighting and I'll never get used to it.
I've never dueled a fencer, but I'm interested in how that will turn out :P

Oh? What style of tai chi does she practice? My style comes from the yang school of tai chi. We have a sword and sabre set, but I have not been able to get the funds up to attend a workshop to learn the basics yet. There are many people in my branch of the society that know it, but only a few instructors, and they are only allowed to teach it in special workshops which only occur a few times a year.
My characters
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Pertaining to the discussion on cardiac arrest resuscitation, [ I'm At A Code ].

ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

There's a surprising amount of people on the forums in medical professions.
Just an Arc
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

ArcWolf wrote:There's a surprising amount of people on the forums in medical professions.
Trust me when I say their skills come in handy sometimes. For example, during the wedding arc last year. :P
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Rick favors us. That's why we end up mods. :B
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Mods and meds. They can at least fix you up after they break you. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Paramodic Ambrawlance

Post by 0404 »

ArcWolf wrote:There's a surprising amount of people on the forums in medical professions.
There's another one too, A guy named Sarnoff is an EMT.
:P
Any pilot out there?
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

texascat018 wrote:
Any pilot out there?
My dad almost signed me up for helicopter lessons a few months back, but I declined because I heard flying a helicopter requires you to think about many things at once constantly... I didn't think I had the mental capacity to do something like that.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:My dad almost signed me up for helicopter lessons a few months back, but I declined because I heard flying a helicopter requires you to think about many things at once constantly... I didn't think I had the mental capacity to do something like that.
I'd jump at the chance to learn how to fly a chopper. It's one of the things on my bucket list. :mrgreen:
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:My dad almost signed me up for helicopter lessons a few months back, but I declined because I heard flying a helicopter requires you to think about many things at once constantly... I didn't think I had the mental capacity to do something like that.
Oh what a missed chance...

Don't believe that you have to do that alone. In fact, first you just only sit there watching. Then you get one handle in your hand, just doing one thing, maybe controlling only the height with the instructor still in full controll of everything.

I would love to try that.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's probably not much different than a car in that respect.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

And its arguably safer than driving a car too.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

We could arguably argue about anything.
Just an Arc
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

diss wrote:Paramodic Ambrawlance
Bwahaha :lol:
texascat018 wrote:
Any pilot out there?
My brother's a pilot! just graduated from Flight School too! does that count?
ahh, well you should['ve] try[ied] it!
The Blue Fox wrote:I'd jump at the chance to learn how to fly a chopper. It's one of the things on my bucket list. :mrgreen:
well cool!
Render wrote:Oh what a missed chance...

Don't believe that you have to do that alone. In fact, first you just only sit there watching. Then you get one handle in your hand, just doing one thing, maybe controlling only the height with the instructor still in full controll of everything.

I would love to try that.
I would bet the same, but I wouldn't be suprised if it's a crash-course and he just give you the stick immediatly! (pun intended :twisted: :lol: )
But yeah that's most likely what I'm going to go for when I join the military, Heli pilot.
ArcWolf wrote:We could arguably argue about anything.
I don't know, I could argue with that statement...

HP! Messenger
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

wow, it has been a loooooong time since I've been here :3

Hi-ho everyone! I got a comment on one of my youtube videos from a housepets fan earlier today, and it sorta reminded me that this actually exists XP *shot*
So, while I can't guarantee I'll be back for very long (because job and life and University and aaaaaaaa--!) , I can at least say I'm back to hang out with some old friends for now. =)

So how have y'all been, eat any good moon pizza's lately? :D
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

ArcWolf wrote:We could arguably argue about anything.
Except the fact that we exist. Which we can deduce from the fact that we are thinking
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz