Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Coatl_Ruu

Re: Another bit of fanart

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

I like how the score is in kilo-calories. That was a nice touch. :3
QRS3000

Post by QRS3000 »

This is fan art of Peanut Butter Sandwich drawn at RateMyDrawings. http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/ ... 97525.html The colors are a bit off but it's not bad for a guess.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Peanut looks ready to take on the world. Someone must have insulted Grape! :lol:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
QRS3000

Post by QRS3000 »

I suppose insulting Grape is the only way to enrage Peanut. :lol:
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Now THAT is friggin' awesome.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
QRS3000

Post by QRS3000 »

Russiarules1 wrote:Now THAT is friggin' awesome.
Thank you and so is your Strawberry Fields Forever drawing, it has a lot of thought put into it. Say is that jet supposed to be the one that starts the intro to Back in the U.S.S.R. or is it some random jet?
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

It's a random jet... actually, it was supposed to be a flying Yellow Submarine, but for some reason I drew that plane. The colored version has the Yellow Submarine :D
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

QRS3000 wrote:This is fan art of Peanut Butter Sandwich drawn at RateMyDrawings. http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/ ... 97525.html The colors are a bit off but it's not bad for a guess.
Finally, someone made the cross-over! :D
Both Peanuts look like they could go at each other, and HP Peanut look real mad. Nice drawing, QRS3000!

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
QRS3000

Post by QRS3000 »

kurowolfe wrote:
QRS3000 wrote:This is fan art of Peanut Butter Sandwich drawn at RateMyDrawings. http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/ ... 97525.html The colors are a bit off but it's not bad for a guess.
Finally, someone made the cross-over! :D
Both Peanuts look like they could go at each other, and HP Peanut look real mad. Nice drawing, QRS3000!

So I assume you're familiar with the other Peanut? If you're wondering how I know about that character it's because one of my relatives used to run a private daycare and the kids would watch PB&J Otter on the Playhouse Disney channel . Why hasn't anyone else thought about this crossover? Are they embarrassed by it? It's not like it's M.L.P. Peanut or anything like that. That good old M.L.P. Peanut, doesn't he taste just like diabetes?
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Well, to tell you the truth, I watched the show some years ago with my cousins while I was babysitting them, and I actually enjoyed the cartoon, just as I did with a few others.

I guess it's just that not many people in their late teens even know of these shows, as they avoid the shows like the plague. You cannot imagine the ridicule I got from my younger brothers and relatives with my choice of shows, but I just shrugged them off, because I believe everyone has their own favourites.

Of course, I might be wrong about it, but as far as I can see, that's the case. Though, I think MLP is one of the first cartoon series that grown men have admitted to liking on the net, and it's a good thing! :D

A~nyway, I just noticed that last line from HP Peanut's teeth. Looks like he's chewing a straw =3

P/S: MLP Peanut tasting like diabetes? No wonder I've been feeling rather sluggish lately XD
Last edited by copper on Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: awkward wording

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Oh my goodness, that was a good show. I haven't even seen anything from it in so long.
QRS3000

Post by QRS3000 »

kurowolfe wrote:Well, to tell you the truth, I watched the show some years ago with my cousins while I was babysitting them, and I actually enjoyed the cartoon, just as I did with a few others.

I guess it's just that not many people in their late teens even know of these shows, as they avoid the shows like the plague. You cannot imagine the ridicule I got from my younger brothers and relatives with my choice of shows, but I just shrugged them off, because I believe everyone has their own favourites.

Of course, I might be wrong about it, but as far as I can see, that's the case. Though, I think MLP is one of the first cartoon series that grown men have admitted to liking on the net, and it's a good thing! :D

A~nyway, I just noticed that last line from HP Peanut's teeth. Looks like he's chewing a straw =3

P/S: MLP Peanut tasting like diabetes? No wonder I've been feeling rather sluggish lately XD

I'm glad the drawing was not ruined after all. I remember even when I was young there were kids shows I liked : the Magic school bus, Mister Rogers ' Neighborhood ( admit it, his train set is awesome), Doug, PB&J Otter and Rollie Polie Olie,
then there were ones I did not like Barney, The Wiggles, Bear in the Big Blue house and others. I think that if you really know how to write then you can create a story that can appeal to more than just your intended audience and it does not mean having to make it darker and edgier. As for avoiding things and/or being embarrassed by them, I think a big reason people would avoid this web-comic might not actually be for the reasons you might think it to be, no it's not anything related to "furriness", besides,they wouldn't know that unless you told them and even then they might still be befuddled. It's really more that Housepets!looks like a story for kids ( Sorry Mr.Griffin, it just does but I hope you don't think that is a bad thing). Of course, some people think Peanuts and Calvin and Hobbes are nothing more than kids' comics and fail to see any literary value in them. I don't really consider Housepets! to be on the same level or at least a contender to Calvin and Hobbes (maybe in five or ten years?) To keep this related to fan art I will say that the characters are fun to draw and I can really see other people have had fun drawing them.
Last edited by QRS3000 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

That's quite a deep insight, QRS3000! :D

Huh, spent the whole day trying to finish this, and managed to pull it off somehow.
Fursona 4 Screen

I was so engrossed in doing this, that I didn't realize that it became sort of a wallpaper XD

There are 3 more concepts I would like to do, and a few personal projects of my own, but for now, I just want to cram for a test tomorrow before crashing in for the night. Good night! =3

P/S: Erm, well, if anyone's interested in using any of the icons from this one or from a previous work as avatars or something, I'll be glad to make one for you. Just PM me with your choice. If anyone wants it, that is... :oops:

P/S: Any comments are also highly appreciated XD

Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Looks really good! It actually got me interested...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That is amazing.

Much better than the King and Rainbow Dash crossover. [/just reminded you all of it again]
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

epic rap battle.

go.
bwah bwah
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Okay, Peanut's eyes look so amazing in that picture QR. The Housepets Peanut, I mean.
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Sleet wrote:Much better than the King and Rainbow Dash crossover. [/just reminded you all of it again]

ffffuuuuuuuuu D:
QRS3000

Post by QRS3000 »

Daggy wrote:
Sleet wrote:Much better than the King and Rainbow Dash crossover. [/just reminded you all of it again]

ffffuuuuuuuuu D:
Don't worry, I'm sure it could be worse...a lot worse. :twisted: + :lol: Try not to think much of it, ok?
valerio

Post by valerio »

image for Episode 11, part 2, page 7 of my ficcie's thread.
This precious image has been brought to you by courtesy of awesome EvanAierkan! :D
theblackcateyes

Post by theblackcateyes »

valerio wrote:image for Episode 11, part 2, page 7 of my ficcie's thread.
This precious image has been brought to you by courtesy of awesome EvanAierkan! :D
OMG!! is beautiful!!!

*Tear*
Say my name... and every color iluminates...
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

Bloomin eck! That is really good! If I read fanfics, I would absolutely go and check that one out. Sweet picture
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

very impressive.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

... he's flatlining.
ImageImage
ImageImage
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sinder wrote:... he's flatlining.
Well that tends to happen when the monitor is disconnected Sinder :P and that is an awesome picture Val, good job EvanAierkan
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

That's a win! That's a great representation of a scene of a great fan-fic WIN!
Well, I think Tobuscus would say that >.>
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Valerio, you have no idea how much I wanted to see this scene drawn out, ever since I've read your fanfic, and it really looks like how I imagined it would be!
Honestly, thank you, EvanAierkan! :D

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Wow, that is really good. I loved that update and the picture is just as great! That is really good...
My characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

An humble request, folks.
Could someone do a wallpaper out of today's comic, 3rd panel?
A recruitment-like poster reading 'Join the Academy! Be a DOG!"
Puh-leeeze?? *big puppy eyes*
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I'll give it a shot.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

valerio wrote:An humble request, folks.
Could someone do a wallpaper out of today's comic, 3rd panel?
A recruitment-like poster reading 'Join the Academy! Be a DOG!"
Puh-leeeze?? *big puppy eyes*
You should send a PM to Rick with big puppy eyes hoping he has the uncompressed version
(he draws every panel at the size of 864x1163p)
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Awww, how adorable =3

I personally think Grape would cry more for Peanut in the hospital , but maybe someday she'll put Max on the same level as well!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

Heh, thanks for the feedback everyone. If you liked that pic I can promise there's more similar stuff coming in the near future.
QRS3000

Post by QRS3000 »

Fido Byron, K-9 Officer of Babylon Gardens looking less buff than usual. Oh well. :| http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/ ... 99134.html
Oh, him? He's just some Russian Composer that you probably never heard about. Yeah, I'm not exactly a trendy person, I'm kind of old-fashioned in taste so this drawing will probably be strange to you. :|
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

QRS3000 wrote:He's just some Russian Composer that you probably never heard about.
one who looks like Harry Potter. It's Tchaikovsky, correct?

anyway, good Fido.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

I have heard of him, but never heard any song/symphony from him. Well, maybe I have heard one, ugh... I don't know, I have heard too many Russian symphonies. I have a disk about 5 of his symphonies :D They are too long, that's why there's only 5 songs in one disk.
You are really good at this! I really liked the Peanut VS. Peanut one, too!

@RGNB
Ha! He really looks like Harry Potter! They are maybe twins... AGH, THEY LOOKS ALMOST THE SAME!
That's Dimitri Shostakovich :D I'm pretty sure I have heard his name somewhere else...

What's up with everybody, they are really crazy about Harry Potter >.>
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
QRS3000

Post by QRS3000 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
QRS3000 wrote:He's just some Russian Composer that you probably never heard about.
one who looks like Harry Potter. It's Tchaikovsky, correct?

anyway, good Fido.
No, It's not Pyotr Tchaikovsky, It's Dmitri Shostakovich. Tchaikovsky is actually an extremely popular composer (The 1812 Overture, Swan Lake, and The Nutcracker Suite are just a few that come to mind ) and he did not wear glasses and he had a beard. I'm sorry, they look extremely different from one another but it was a good guess. Thank you for the comment.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

well I googled Tchaikovsky it and his picture came up. GOOGLE YOU HAVE DECEIVED ME!!!
doesn't change the fact that it looks like Harry Potter, I have indeed heard of him, and your Fido is good.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Fido looks great in that pic. I know nothing of composers, so I of course did not get that, but he was well drawn.
My characters
QRS3000

Post by QRS3000 »

This is fan-art of Keyshttp://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawings/ ... 99235.html I forgot the eighth note(or is it a quarter note?) on Keys' collar :shock: If you wondering where Fiddler is right now, Fiddler is on the roof...or not. :| Maybe it's better that Fiddler is not on the roof because that would be too many puns. I sure hope that kitten doesn't look like accidental nightmare fuel. I'm not used to drawing young characters as being cute and innocent. It must be all those movies,books and video games with creepy(sometimes orphaned) children in them.
Last edited by QRS3000 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.