HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Laxan

Re: Pet Friendly-Richardson Valley

Post by Laxan »

Sal dropped to her knees at the scene too. "Forget about your list, what about my perfectly good pizz-AH!" Sal was thrown back by Pepper's tackle. Grappling with him they rolled back and forth through the pizza, getting covered in cheese and bits of paper which had began to dissolve in the stinking grease.
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
Kaido

Post by Kaido »

It didn't take Pepper long to push back from Sal onto his feet.
"L... look at the state of me!", he said, flicking pieces of pizza out of his fur, "this is gross!"
He stomped towards the door and yanked it open, before turning around and scowling at Sal.
"Now I'm gonna go clean myself up. I swear, if this room isn't tidy by the time I get back, I'll... I'll tell mom!" he screamed, before slamming the door shut behind him. Quiet mutterings could be heard as he trudged down the corridor, "I swear, this place better have hot water..."

"FlintTheSquirrel cries for Kaido. He is the only one who understood me not understanding things. :("
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Sal scowled at Pepper, "whiny cry baby." It didn't take her long to pick everything up and dispose of it and quickly groomed herself. She then plonked herself down in the corner and began to play Mario Kart on her NDS. She waited until Pepper returned. "Hey, Pep. Wanna play pirates?" They were always getting into arguments and fights, but it never lasted long till they forgot about it or got bored.
Kaido

Post by Kaido »

Pepper came back in while fastening his collar back on and surveying the room carefully.
"Well you seem to have done a good job on the room... you didn't just hide all the trash anywhere did you?"
He yawned and rubbed his eyes, "Well alright, but only for a few minutes. I'm tired."
Pepper walked over to his bag and pulled out his pirate hat and eyepatch and quickly put them on. He rummaged through his bag a little more. After a while, he stopped and ran to another one, doing the same.
"Where is it... where is it!?"
He was zooming all around the room now, checking in all of the bags, including Sal's, before finally staggering back and screaming.
"Nooooooooo! I've left... I've left my wooden sword in England!"

"FlintTheSquirrel cries for Kaido. He is the only one who understood me not understanding things. :("
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Sal closed her DS and shoved it onto a shelf and rummaged through her bag to find her pirate headband, eye patch and wooden sword. Putting them on she began to fence with the air while Pepper was running around like a headless chicken. Hearing his scream she lifted up her eye patch to glance around the room. "I thought you packed everything in the costume box." She took a quick look in each of the bags. "I guess you have left it back in England... Tomorrow we'll get dad to make you a new one. Let's get to bed, mother and father will have a fit if they find out we're still up."
Kaido

Post by Kaido »

Pepper staggered, nudging the box with a foot.
"Agh, I was so organised, how did I forget it? The rest of my costumes are in here..." he sighed, before pulling off the eyepatch and the hat and throwing them back in the box.
"Bah. Whatever..."
Pepper huffily walked back downstairs before coming back up with a basket. He threw his pillow into it and pushed it in front of the window. Back in his old house, the moonlight used to help him fall asleep. He slowly stepped into his basket, before curling up.
"Sal... can you turn the light off before you get into bed?", he yawned, "thanks..."
Pepper adjusted the pillow slightly before drifting off into sleep.

Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Sal followed Pepper downstairs and brought up her basket, blanket, pillow and teddy bear: Col. Hiccups. Throwing them down in the corner she turned the light off and hopped into bed, curling up around Col. Hiccups. "Night Pep'..." She looked over and seen he was already asleep. "Goodnight Col. Hiccups" She whispered to the teddy bear before also drifting off to sleep.
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Cier peered around the corner, the human was about to open the door. 'I can't believe I'm about to do this.' He stepped out and took off down the hallway towards the human. He whistled, catching the human's attention. the man turned to see what caused the sound just as Cier reached him. Cier drove his fist into the man's stomach as he slowed to a halt, then aimed a quick second punch to the solar plexus, doubling the man over. He grabbed the human by the hair and dragged his head down, while at the same time bringing his knee up and planting it square in the man's forehead. The man's body went limp as he slumped over, unconscious. Cier rubbed his knee, taking a few deep breaths after the exertion. He turned and beckoned Octavian down the hallway. He took a few steps to the door, limping slightly from the pain in his knee. He listened at the door and heard sounds of a scuffle. He slowly opened the door, careful in case another human should be there.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Keeshah wrote:Rav props up some beanbags so they can lay down, yet still see out the windows. cuddling up warmly with the two other dogs, nuzzling.
So what do you'll like to do now that were sleeping over??
O'Connor's eye lid began to twitch, and he got up. "Eherm, Ah thenk Ah'll watch fur anehwun whu muight beh cumin'." With that, he climbed up the ladder, and set up at the window. Tory, on the other hand, flew down and tucked himself into Rav's arm, saying, "I'll take his spot!"
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Keeshah wrote:Rav props up some beanbags so they can lay down, yet still see out the windows. cuddling up warmly with the two other dogs, nuzzling.
So what do you'll like to do now that were sleeping over??
O'Connor's eye lid began to twitch, and he got up. "Eherm, Ah thenk Ah'll watch fur anehwun whu muight beh cumin'." With that, he climbed up the ladder, and set up at the window. Tory, on the other hand, flew down and tucked himself into Rav's arm, saying, "I'll take his spot!"

Rav tastes, errr licks Tory ruffling his feathers all up an spiky like he suddenly went for a punk look..
Awww now why do you wanna be like that old dog?. don't you like cuddled an cared for an kept warm at night?
Rav barks. I thought you were for are owners getting mated an us becomes petmates?

Rav muzzles at Magnus's ear, and rub rub rubs his tummy briskly under the blankets to get his leg kicking..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Djinn

Post by Djinn »

Djinn taking notice of the situation leaps out from behind the cages quietly, running over to the fight trying to get ahold of one of the man's arm to help Amelia. "I was beginning to worry we were stuck in here!" He yells part way through the fight then looks up to see a familiar looking dog, but paying it no mind he continues to wrestle with the man's arm.
Djinn: S-5 P-7 E-6 C-5 I-7 A-10 L-2
Glory: S-4 P-6 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-6 L-5
caelei

Post by caelei »

Magnus laughed and squirmed around at the nuzzling, and then his body went lax when Rav started petting his tummy, tongue hanging out, eyes in a stupor. The only movement he made was one of his hind legs kick-kick-kicking as Rav scratched. It hit the side of the barn, making loud thumping noises. After a minute of this, he seemed to come to himself again, and stopped the kicking. Luckily, he hadn't been doing it hard enough to break the wall, like he might be able to with full power. He sat up a little, still covered in blankets, and leaned his head against the wall, just tall enough to look out of the window sitting down. He stared down at the street, looking for pets, but there was no one yet. He sighed, then yawned, suddenly sleepy. "How long, you think?" he asked in a tired voice, thinking about the pets at the animal control center.
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:Magnus sat up a little, still covered in blankets, and leaned his head against the wall, just tall enough to look out of the window sitting down. He stared down at the street, looking for pets, but there was no one yet. He sighed, then yawned, suddenly sleepy. "How long, you think?" he asked in a tired voice, thinking about the pets at the animal control center.

Rav thinks for a few minutes...
If they get out, an run straight back here, about a half hour. but Venison wouldn't do that.. he wouldn't want to lead an animal control search party back to us.
So they would hide a while, leave false trails, double back, an so on.. So if there not caught, it will be a few hours for them to get back home, with no one trailing them.

Wrapping up warmly in the blankets with the big dog, making a nest in the covers for Tory.
It looks like the old dog is wanting to keep the first watch, so we can nap for now..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Keeshah wrote:I thought you were for are owners getting mated an us becomes petmates?
O'Connor ignored Rav, feeling slightly annoyed at the Shepherd's extreme take on the situation. He rubbed hs temples, and continued to watch for any signs of the pets who had gone to animal control. Meanwhile, Tory snuggled into his make-shift nest, and was quickly asleep.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
caelei

Post by caelei »

Magnus laid back down, settling himself so he wouldn't accidentally roll over and squish anybody (especially Tory or the mice, being so little), and pulled the blankets up tight around his chin. He curled up a little, yawning, and laid his head down. His eyes closed, and a minute later, his breathing evened and deepened, indicating his sleep.

((Hopefully I'm allowed to do this; Argent told me that I'm supposed to finish this whole animal control thing? Sorry if you take objection to me having control of your characters; tell me and I'll change the post. Plus, this might be quite long, so...))

Amelia struggled with her opponent, having no leverage on the floor and less strength than the full-grown man. Originally, she had aimed to incapacitate him, but he had so far refused to go down without a fight, batting at her and trying to squirm out of her grasp so that she couldn't do anything but try to keep him down. He had already knocked her disk out of her hand, and she couldn't get lose from him to retrieve it without giving him the chance to get free and overpower her, or go for help. During the confusion, she noticed Venison standing over by a side-door, waving his hands to catch her attention and looking pointedly at the man's belt. She quickly turned her full focus back to the security guy, who had nearly gotten out of her grasp in her inattention. She whacked him once sharply on the temple to disorient him, and though the hit wasn't really anything close to full power (which would probably knock him out of consciousness) he let out a startled gasp of sudden pain and confusion, his eyes abruptly losing focus. This afforded her a second to check the man's belt. There was some sort of keychain attached to one of his belt loops, with an ID and a car fob hanging off it. She snatched at it with one hand, but he put up one hand and somehow stopped her, fingers catching at her collar. They struggled with each other for another moment, neither gaining any ground, when suddenly a black cat appeared at Amelia's side, grasping onto the man's arm and helping to hold him down. Amelia used Djinn's help to free herself of the guy's grip, and she grabbed onto the keychain. With a little pressure, his belt-loop snapped apart, and she fought to free herself from the man, jabbing at his jugular (which is one of the most exposed parts of the body) so that he let go of her. Djinn remained on the guy, distracting him enough for Amelia to press the button that was marked 'Unlock'. Suddenly, there was the whir of automatic machinery and a bunch of little clicking noises as each door in the room unlocked.

The room went silent as caged animals stared in shock at their unlocked doors. Then, just as suddenly as the quiet, came a cocaphony so intense it could damage eardrums. Animals erupted from their cells, doors swinging open with clangs and clashes of metal. Dogs and cats, a few raccoons and ferrets, and even a bunny and hawk suddenly filled the small hallway, all pushing and shoving their way towards the nearest exit, scampering over each other and the felled man on their hurry to get out. Amelia grabbed Djinn's arm, urging him out of the way of the tide of furry bodies, and they both made it to the side of the room without getting harmed, pressing themselves against the cages to keep out of the way of the last of the fleeing animals. Venison, likewise, dodged out of the way, and Cier, who had been peering through the main door, jumped to the side as the animals made their way straight towards him. Octavian, a little behind Cier, ducked around the corner and flattened himself to the wall, letting the frantically freed animals go on their way past.

After a few moments of retreating animals, the Richardson Valley pets grouped together in the room. The security man had been knocked unconscious in the other animals' scramble to get free, and lay sprawled on the floor, so he wasn't much of a concern. Venison silently counted heads, making sure everyone was there and okay. Cier, Octavian, Amelia, Djinn, and Pyxis were all accounted for. And Venison himself, of couse. So that was everyone.

To get out of the building the fastest, they took the shortest way, with Amelia leading, going back through the vent she had come through to get in. It was a tough squeeze for Cier, the biggest and brawniest of the pets, but he got through without too much trouble, while the others waited. As one, the pets started back towards the manhole, opting to go through the sewers like Rav and Cier had, instead of trying to run across the road in the dark. This also saved them from passing uncomfortably close to the couple of cars and angry humans at the side of the road. They went through the tunnel to the opening, going one by one out of the end and sneaking away through the darkness from the side of the road, trying to keep their tags hidden so the gleam of distant headlights wouldn't catch the tags and give them away.

The pets crossed the park with minimal conversation, tired now that the action had passed. They came into view of Rav's barn, unaware of the stakeout waiting for them.

Meanwhile...
Pavelle and Felix watched as a herd of animals left the front of the animal control center. A few minutes later, maybe ten, another, smaller group left, heading towards the parking lot. And the manhole. Pavelle motioned to Felix, suddenly relieved, and they headed after the group, far enough behind not to get sighted or heard. They went into the manhole, through the tunnel, sneaking out the end in the same manner before crossing the park and heading home.

((I'll probably edit this some later, so...))
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

“Well, that’s dealt with…now to deal with the locked cages,” Venison said to himself as he sped back down the hallway. His breath was becoming labored again as he sprinted along the linoleum floors, finally coming back to the “Holding Area…”

There was noises of a scuffle emanating from the cracked door, and a rather unconscious guard in the hallway.

Venison peeked through the crack, and recoiled with a facepalm as he made out the image of a dark grey cat with white splotches on her head pouncing a guard, among a few others about to move in to help her out. Looks like Amelia and the others had beat him there, but there wasn’t much he could do at the moment. At least three of these fighters versus one guard? That fellow didn’t stand a chance! But there was one noise that always stood out to Ven…

The man’s keys were ringing out, *twink tink tinking* together. Nothing opens a door better than the thing made to open it. Venison rapped his knuckle twice on the door to try and get someone’s attention…of course it would be Amelia’s. *Sigh* ‘You shouldn’t be getting distracted like that in battle…’ Venison motioned vigorously to his hip (hoping the action wouldn’t be misinterpreted) to point her attention to the keys. They would be somewhere on the man’s belt, after all. With that, Ven had another task to accomplish…

While the computer records were toast, there was still going to be a paper copy somewhere in the upstairs office. Well, forget the elevator. That would be far too slow…and besides, Ven had another route. He quickly found an employee break room.

‘Let’s see…based on my orientation…that open window should be…above this one!’ Venison unlatched the window and climbed out…and then up a rain gutter. ‘Heh. A little bit of luck, the pipe being right where I need it…’ He slipped right through a second story window. There were a fair amount of cubicles and file cabinets. No surprise for your standard human office. The only problem Ven could immediately see was how to find the files he was looking for! Every part looked the same; drab, gray, with very fake felt-like walls. And the carpet! This hideous plaid! Most humans had better taste…

‘Focus. Even if I DO find the general location…most file cabinets are locked…I certainly don’t have time to pick them all… Venison looked up in thought…and found at least a makeshift answer.

Venison shrugged. “Well, given the commotion I’m hearing downstairs, it would make perfect sense…”

Venison followed the overhead pipe until he found a nearby smoke detector over a cubicle. Hearing a low hum coming from inside the felt box, Venison smiled.

*BBBBZZZZZZICTCK!PPPOOOMMM!*

As expected, the computer exploded a small bit…no fire, but the smoke was more than enough to set off the automatic sprinkler system. If the water didn’t damage the files, it would at least take them a couple of weeks to clean up and get everything reorganized. There was no way they could cough up any file on Rav for that red tag trial now. And with the other file “mysteriously” disappearing from City Hall…they would either try to delay the trial…and have it mistrial…or try to go up against Rav with no evidence. Of course, there was now no record of the pets involved in the whole SWAT team thing that happened at The Wall…but that may as well be for the best, as it would probably tie up the government with more important human lawsuits, filing for their pets. Heck, maybe it would allow Rav’s trial to slip though the cracks and mistrial that way. At least, this was what Venison was hoping for. You never really know what can happen…but for now…

“Repayment in full. For whatever I could have owed him, or continue to owe him…eh, what am I saying. I probably owe all these guys as much as I owe Minka.”

Venison liked the rain. The sprinkler system wasn’t quite rain, but it did remind him of stormy times. So much easier to escape in, when humans and their silly rubber shoes would slip all over the place. No time to reminisce, really. It was chaos downstairs, and Ven knew he would have to round up a couple of pets.
He hopped back though the downstairs window and received a couple of odd looks from pets who were gorging themselves on food from the break room refrigerator. A blue furred cat that was chugging from a milk carton stopped to give him a look, and two dogs were scrapping over what appeared to be half of a cold pizza. A few others nibbling on morsels ignored Venison as he passed straight though, keeping a quick pace as he rushed down the hall back to the main door. The linoleum, of course, was becoming slippery, so he couldn’t all out sprint. Not on this surface. When he reached the cells again, he was suddenly surprised by another wave of pets, who’s cages unlocked late. He pressed himself up against a wall to avoid being trampled, and then was quickly met by the other pets he knew.

He quickly took a headcount. “Cier, Octavian, Amelia…” That must have been all three of the pets fighting the guard earlier. They were accompanied by two slightly familiar looking cats; they must have been Amelia’s brother and the stray they mentioned.

“Soo…any other fastest way out, guys?” Venison motioned to the door he had used; it was clogged up with animals trying to escape. Amelia led the way, of course, back to the vent she had used. The gray cat hopped into the vent first, followed by Octavian, the two cats, and then Cier. “Cier! Hurry up! I’d like to leave too, you know, not get killed by the security guards once they wake up?”

Venison couldn’t really make out what Cier was saying; something about a tight squeeze. That dog wasn’t moving anywhere fast…

“YOU!” Venison looked away from the vent, back down the hallway. A cat was standing at the end of it, sticky milk stains matting the fur around him mouth and frontside. Venison raised an eyebrow. What could this guy want?

“I knew I recognized you! Thought you could fool me with the new fur color, eh? Well that’s not going to work! Well, now you’re cornered…and no surprise attacks. No cowardly kicks from behind…and when I’m done with you…you’ll have so many holes in you you’ll wish…”

“…are you that cat that was torturing Magnus that I kicked into a tree?”

“**** straight!”

Ven shouted into the vent. “If you guys can still hear me, I’ll catch up. I need to take care of something extra…”

The blue cat rushed at Venison, claws out. Ferals could certainly scrap, but that wasn’t going to be a match against a refined fighting style. At least, for someone who had a little strength behind their hits, and Venison knew all too well he had none of that. It was going to take a couple of hits before the feral either gave up or went down.

The blue feline took his first swing as he charged; a simple claw strike with his right, aimed at Ven’s head. Venison took a quick duck and watched as the cat spun further than he thought the attack would take him, due to the wet floor.

Venison smiled as he threw a left jab at the cat’s left shoulder blade from behind. The cat yowled in pain. “I thought you said you wouldn’t be hit from behind?” The cat spun around, aiming an attack with his left at Ven’s ribcage, then an uppercut using his right with his claws leading. Venison jumped back to avoid the first strike, and dodged left to let the uppercut sail past him. As the cat began to reel forward, Venison nailed the blue in the jaw with a left hook…but it almost seemed like the cat had expected the maneuvers. The cat leaned with the force of the punch, spinning around, catching Venison off guard with a slash across his left thigh as the cat went down.

Venison yelped and staggered left as the surprise attack drew blood. There was one problem with first aid, and that was that it could not be done mid-fight.

“Whasa matter?” The blue cat taunted as he stood back up, “Doggie not used to being hit? That was one of the most wussy pain screams I have ever heard, and trust me, I’ve heard a lot of different screams.” The cat smiled evilly and charged Venison again, throwing another attack with his left.

Venison tried to dodge left again, winced in pain, and realized that he wasn’t going to be able to keep dodging in that direction, as his leg leaked a tiny bit more blood. Ven couldn’t complete the dodge, and the attack from the blue cat nicked the top of his right arm, drawing blood. Venison growled at the cat; the blue feline was fighting smarter than Ven had expected.

Fine then. Gloves off, new strat.

Venison came out of his dodge. Rather than try and throw another hook at the cat, Venison opted for a more violent straight-arm right into the cat’s gut. As the cat recoiled, Venison threw a diagonal uppercut with his left to the cat’s jaw. The cat fell over backwards, but got up yet again, slightly slipping as he scrambled. Venison simply responded by extending his arm straight out, palm up, and folding his fingers towards himself a couple of times. Of course, the simple “bring it on” taunt enraged the cat, who once again rushed Ven, claws extended, paws raised.

Perfect.

Venison dove forward at the cat’s feet, arms covering his head, sliding on his belly. The cat’s paws came out from under him due to the slippery linoleum, and there was nothing to stop the cat from using his own body weight against himself as he crashed his head on the floor, knocking himself out.

Venison quickly wrapped his wounds (wouldn’t want to leave a trail) and limped to the vent, moving as quickly as possible. Lucky for him, Ceir getting stuck really slowed down the pets, and he was able to meet with them the others in the sewer. In the dark, Venison deflected the other’s questions of worry, though Venison himself was getting dizzy from overextending himself over the past couple of hours. As they reached the park, he began to really stagger…

…and passed out as they came into view of Rav’s barn.

(OOC: Whooooooooiiieeee! Makin’ Bacon! That was a looooong one, to make up with my absence thus far, eh? Gimmie some more time, and I’ll be back and posting per usual. For now, I hope this holds you guys over, as far as Ven is concerned, huh? And in other news, I hope that fight is PG-13...now, back to homework! –Buck)

(Edit: Oh, and don't drag this out unless you want too; head to the next day. Just assume they dragged Ven in or something.)
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

(Ok Buck, I'll do just that)

The next morning, Cier lay awake in the barn, reflecting on last night's events. Things had gone way out of control far too fast. He hoped nothing bad would come of the debacle at animal control. To make matters worse, Venison had collapsed halfway through the park. One of them had noticed the lights on at the barn, and they'd carried the coydog there. Luckily it just appeared that Venison was simply exhausted, and after some worrying (especially on Rav's part), they'd managed to get him settled in for the night. After that, Cier had taken the time to go home and get himself cleaned up from crawling through the storm drain, and had returned to the barn a short time later, along with food for the mice and some extra snacks and blankets. He got up from his position on the floor of the tower and saw Del, up early as usual, sitting on the windowsill looking out over the city, lost in thought. "Yesterday was quite the day. I just hope today is uneventful," he said quietly, though she didn't respond. He stood there, watching the morning sun low in the sky above the city.

(So I hope the recap was ok. This part takes place an indeterminate amount of time before everyone else wakes up, meaning it could be 5 minutes till someone else wakes up or an hour or more.)
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Sal' had awaken earlier than usual. She new her parents wouldn't let her go out and check out the area till she had finished unpacking. Taking all her costumes out of the case she had no idea where to put them all, spotting an extra door she dropped the costumes on the floor and went over to check it out, opening the door slowly she peaked inside it was just a ton of shelves and below them was a large trunk. "Wow, that's lucky." She whispered to herself. Pulling the trunk out into the middle of the floor didn't take much effort. Opening it, it was completely empty and caked in dust. Sal coughed a few times at the rising cloud of dust before gagging herself, turning round she checked to see if she had woken Pepper.
Kaido

Post by Kaido »

Pepper's left ear twitched slightly. He opened his eyes a tiny bit, but was still pretty much asleep. After yawning, he turned over and stayed sleeping, fidgeting every so often to try and get into a more comfortable position.

Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Sal', having noticed she didn't wake him, returned to unpacking. Costumes and various props went into the trunk, toys were placed in various points upon the shelves.It didn't take long till everything was in it's proper place. Looking over to the window, the little sliver between the curtains was still dark and pepper wouldn't be up till dawn. Oh well, best to amuse herself till he decided to get up. A hour later and the room had become a bomb site; the toys which where once placed neatly on the shelves now covered the floor to a point where they had become the floor. The costumes which had been folded and stacked in the trunk, was in a pile in the middle of the floor with the trunk on top, which Sal' was sat in with an eye patch and pirate hat on and using cardboard tube as a make shift ore. "There 'e blow', 'he dreaded cat-squid-zilla!" She pointed menacingly at the snoozing Pepper and threw the cardboard tube as a spear, aiming to hit Pepper on the head. She didn't care if she woke him up, it was dawn now.
((This is now the same time period when Cier wakes up.))
Kaido

Post by Kaido »

Pepper jumped a mile. He was still half asleep, so he flew out of his bed, hitting the window.
"A-aaaagh! Hey, what was that f-", he stopped abruptly, noticing the state of the room. He glared at Sal, his fists trembling.
"What. Have. You. Done!", he yelled, pushing things back into their proper places and setting things neatly onto shelves.
"How early is it!? You've already made a mess!"
Pepper walked over to his bed, picked up the object Sal had thrown at him, and threw it at Sal, aiming to knock her off her pile.

Djinn

Post by Djinn »

Djinn woke up in the cardboard box bed that had been made for him at Pyxis' and Amelia's house. The three of them had decided to avoid being caught outside the next day when the town was likely to be swarming with animal control that they should make their way home under cover of night as to avoid going through the whole situation again. Stretching and getting up Djinn found himself strangely... relaxed. Despite the events of last night he felt at ease. Looking out the window he saw the sun coming up and shielded his eyes from the glaring rays. Sliding out of the bed he starts making his way to the kitchen. Wow, I didn't eat almost all of yesterday. His stomach growls loudly in response as he starts looking around, not entirely sure what to do.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex woke up, and stretched. It seemed early, but he slept in early yesterday, so waking up so early isn't a big surprise. He was feeling much better than yesterday, and thus, ready to go out. After writing a short note for mum, he walked outside, and took a deep breath. The air was good - much better than inside. Spring was finally coming to Richardson Valley. A smile covered his face - this is going to be a good day. Weather-wise, that is. Where to go now? The first option was Amelia, but she was still probably sleeping, and what if she's still ill? That was a bad option for now. Without knowing further, Alex started walking randomly outside, heading for (Without knowing it) Rav's barn.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

caelei

Post by caelei »

Where was Felix? Pavelle looked around, rubbing her eyes tiredly. She had just woken up to find herself in Rav's barn. But her brother was gone. Magnus, on the other hand, was clearly in evidence. He lay in a pile of blankets, one hand twitching modestly as he dreamt. Pavelle stood up, wondering if she should stick around and wait for Magnus to wake up. She looked at Rav, quietly sleeping next to her elder brother. A sudden emotion twinged at her, and she decided to leave. Coward that she was, she didn't want to be around when Rav awoke. She was afraid that he might be mad at her because she hadn't gone straight home. She silently turned to leave, and found Cier standing a while away, looking out the window. "Oh, uh. Hi, Cier." She whispered at the dog, noticing the mouse in the window. "Um. You, too, Endellion. Er... good morning?" She felt kind of awkward. She had never been to a "sleepover" before, and didn't know what was supposed to happen when she woke up and wasn't able to quietly sneak away.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Brian arose from his bed; just as he had gone to sleep earlier than usual, so he also awoke earlier than usual on this particular morning. After waking the Dewitts up and demanding to be fed, Brian happily consumed his breakfast (sure, it was dog food, but Brian's a dog, and as such, dog food and being petted are two of the things he thrives on); when he was done, he grabbed his Sudoku book, his pencil marking the page of the puzzle he had solved partially the night before, and went outside, gazing at the sunrise. Wow, he thought to himself, Richardson Valley is beautiful in the morning, too. He sat in the yard next to a tree and resumed solving Sudoku, all the while wondering what would be the best way to get to know everyone. Despite promising himself the previous night that he would do meet the neighbors, Brian was suddenly overcome again by a crippling shyness. I can't just knock on every door around here! Brian realized. Some people might not even have pets, or like talking to random strangers who knock on their doors in the wee hours of the morning. Brian decided to just sit outside and enjoy the fresh morning air. Maybe if I'm lucky, he thought, someone will notice that I'm new here, and introduce me to the neighborhood.
Last edited by mathgrant on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

O'Connor woke suddenly, finding himself slung over the window. He had fallen asleep waiting, and was stiff from partially hanging outside, he stood up, and stretched his back, hearing the audible SNAP that came from his joints popping. He shrugged, and headed down the ladder. Coming up to a sleeping Tory and Rav, he caressed the little bird's crown. "Oi, Toreh, le's ge' 'ome. Trevor's waitin' on us."
Tory's eyes blinked, and he yawned into consciousness. "Uhhhh.....five more minutes."
"Naw' fuive mur minutes, naow." he picked the bird up, being careful not to wake Rav, and put Tory on his head. "Ye cahn sleip in ther, bu' we've gaw' teh ge' 'ome." Tory nodded, and instantly fell asleep. O'Connor then began to step over pets, making his way over to the barn door. Upon reaching it, he slid it open slightly, slipped through, and quietly shut it.
In truth, O'Connor was just as tired as Tory was. But he knew that the rushed phone call from last night wouldn't have assuaged Trevor's fears much, so getting home as soon as possible was the best thing to do. However, he wasn't really paying attention to where he was going. As he stumbled forward, he focused solely on getting home, and consequently, wasn't watching where he stepped. The next thing he knew, he found himself flying, and landed on the ground. His rage increased, and he looked back, realizing he had tripped on the legs of a Jack Russel Terrier. He began to growl, but felt too tired to actually react angrily. Tory had tumbled out of O'Connor's head fur, but was still asleep, laying on the ground as if nothing had happened. "Ergh, sorreh, sorreh..." O'COnnor mumbled, walking up to the dog, who was working on sudoku.
Last edited by Teh Brawler on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Sal' climbed out of the trunk and bent down to pick up the costumes from under the trunk, so the cardboard spear that Pepper threw flew straight over her head and into the cupboard. Looking up she chuckled slightly "Nice shot." Sal' teased him as she dropped the remaining costumes into the trunk and pushed it hastily into the cupboard. "I'm going out to have a look around before breakfast, I'll catch ya later." She yelled, exiting the bedroom. Swinging onto the banister she slid down it hitting the bottom with a thud. "I've always wanted to do that." She muttered to herself. Swiftly running past the breakfast table she swung her hand back as a wave to her mother who was preparing breakfast. "HiMomgoingout,I'llbebackforbreakfast!" Was yelled as she ran past and out the front door, slamming it behind her. Looking up and down the street she decided to walk in a random direction without getting lost. It took only 3 minutes till, yep, she was lost. "Ah, snap. I should have waited for Pepper-" But a thud drove her attention away from being lost to an old dog who just tripped over another leaning against a tree. I should really ask for some help., Sal' thought to herself and she didn't like the idea of being lost. She stood still deciding what to do as she observed the two terriers from a far, hopefully someone would notice she was new to the area and give her a hand finding her way home.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

The morning dew still lay on the ground as a bunch of foot steps could be heard at the edge of the forest, "...At last, we have found it. The voice came from a female German shepard, she wore a black coat that drooped all the way down to her Achilles heel, over her head was a hood which hid her appearance except for her muzzle that stuck out with a noticeable grin. I will give you what you want...I know what you all like... Behind her in the shadows were lots of animals staring at her with admiration. you want to be stronger...yes? A light murmur of agreement came from behind her. She smiled as she still looked into the suburbThere is only one thing you must do..., the pack behind her eagerly awaited her first and only order, anxious to hear her words, Bring me...Amelia.. She said while she spun towards the pack, taking a single step towards them, crushing a small flower under her paw. The pack fell back to regroup with the others into the forest, behind them Stevie peered house to house, knowing one of them contained Amelia.

Amelia yawned as she sat up in her bed, her eyes were droopy and her mind was blank. Yawning again she feel flat on her bed, she was tired, yet she just couldn't sleep anymore. Am just too lazy... perhaps...I'll call Alex, I haven't seem him since...yesterday morning. she thought to herself as she picked up a phone...she dialed the first few numbers before a someone knocked on her door. Amelia! Mom and Dad are angry with you! Oh great...they found out. with that she grabbed her phone and carefully slid the window open...almost with ease. Amelia felt her right arm with pleasure, looks like it has gotten a lot better since the riot and just about fully healed. Grabbing her bag, she flung it outside from the second story window. She carefully unpacked a rope ladder which hung from her window. She smiled to herself, using a fire escape rope ladder for escaping the flames of her parents.

Dylan yawned as he opened his little eyes, he gasped. Huh? who what where? saying as he started to panic. Where the heck am I?
Make Pasta not war.
Djinn

Post by Djinn »

Shrugging after a moment, the trash obviously having been emptied last night leaving the way he normally gets his food worthless, Djinn now sets out in search of Pyxis. Wandering upstairs he finds Pyxis in the hall shouting into a door. "Hey Pyxis, I'm famished. What's to eat around here?" Almost to prove his point for him his stomach lets out a loud and gurgly groan of hunger.

~~~~~

Glory is currently sleeping in.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Pyxis grumbles as he doesn't hear a reply from Amelia, "Hey Pyxis, I'm famished. What's to eat around here?" Pyxis whirls around to see Djinn standing right next to him. oh whoa! uh...there is some cat food in the pantry downstairs next the fridge... Pyxis began to pound on the door. Amelia! Mom and Dad want you! With no reply he turned to Djinn. I'll show you. he sighed from his failed attempt to get Amelia out of the room. Pyxis walked down the stairs to the Kitchen.
Make Pasta not war.
Djinn

Post by Djinn »

After they had gone down to the kitchen, Pyxis pulls the bag out of the cupboard, almost as large as the cat's themselves. "Uh... wow. We eat that?" Sniffing the bag a little he shrugs. "Smells better than some of the stuff I've eaten." He opens up the ziploc top and takes a handful out before eating a piece, shrugging again.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Pyxis smiles as he takes two bowls out from the pantry. yeah but we fill them up in these. scooping up a bowl for Djinn and himself, it makes a lot easier to eat with a spoon also.
Make Pasta not war.
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

While Brian's attention was fixated on the Sudoku, he failed to observe a Scottish Terrier walk by until he felt something trip over his legs and then heard a light growl. Glancing aside, Brian noticed the terrier, who had fallen flat on his stomach, and immediately set the Sudoku book on the ground and offered his paw to help him up. "Oh my gosh!" Brian said. "Are you okay?" Meanwhile, his mind started racing: All right, Brian. This is it. This is your chance to either make your first friend in Richardson Valley, or to embarrass yourself and be forever known as the one dork who should never have friends.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

mathgrant wrote:"Oh my gosh! Are you okay?"
The terrier seemed genuinely worried, which made O'Connor's anger wane. He brushed his head, and mumbled, "Aye, Ah'm ah'ruight. Woke up draped overe a wendow sill, is ahll." He walked over and picked up Tory, holding the bird in his arms. Then, in an attempt to keep from looking like a complete jerk, he added, "Ye don' luk lahke ye've been 'ere long. Walk with meh, ahnd teill meh 'baout yerself," and began to continue walking.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Djinn

Post by Djinn »

Djinn shrugs and takes a seat. "Not half bad. I could definitely stand eating this." He puts his handful down in the bowl before taking a few more pieces.
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Brian obliged, and followed the Scottie on a walk. Woke up. . . draped over. . . a window sill? Brian thought. I'm not the weirdest one here. Maybe it means they'll be accepting of my nerdiness. He decided not to inquire about this, though, and introduced himself. "You're correct in assuming I haven't been here long," he said. "The name's Brian Dewitt. My parents just. . . moved here." Suddenly, Brian become a little nervous. Face it, you're not meant to have friends, he worried to himself. No, don't think that. You promised yourself you'd make friends here. But what if. . . what if they don't like you? What if they think you're too much of a dork?

Brian became overcome by fear, and ran away back to the oak tree where he'd been solving his puzzle. "Forget it!" he bawled, clinging to the tree and to his book as though his life depended on them. "You don't want to know me. I'm too dorky. No one's ever been my friend before, and that's probably not going to change! Just. . ." Brian opened his eyes, and still saw the Scottie and the cardinal there. "You're not running away, are you? Maybe you're willing to be friends with a Sudoku-solving dork after all. . . . Are you?" Brian resumed weeping, albeit not as noisily.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

mathgrant wrote:You're correct in assuming I haven't been here long. The name's Brian Dewitt. My parents just. . . moved here."
Brian became overcome by fear, and ran away back to the oak tree where he'd been solving his puzzle. "Forget it!" he bawled, clinging to the tree and to his book as though his life depended on them. "You don't want to know me. I'm too dorky. No one's ever been my friend before, and that's probably not going to change! Just. . ." Brian opened his eyes, and still saw the Scottie and the cardinal there. "You're not running away, are you? Maybe you're willing to be friends with a Sudoku-solving dork after all. . . . Are you?" Brian resumed weeping, albeit not as noisily.
O'Connor was startled by Brian's sudden break down, but it woke him up, so his awareness was back to normal ((aka, perception is back to 10)). Brian was obviously not good with making friends, which was ok, although the weepy reaction was a little dramatic. The old dog walked up to the jakc russel terrier and patted his shoulder, Tory still asleep in his arms. " Ferst lesson of makin' friends, Brian: Naw' maneh peiple resond teh tears weill. Bu' don' worreh 'baout et. You'll fit in jest fuine 'ere. Naow, help an ol' dawg 'ome so tha' he doesn't trip again ahnd break 'is neck." He put his arm around Brian's shoulder, and began to lead him in the house's direction. "Luike the name, buy the wei. Brain's a gud strong name, and DeWitt remuinds meh o' the homelahnd."
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Pyxis grinned But you know what tastes better than the average cat food? he pointed to the refrigerator. Anything inside there!... Pyxis shivered when he thought about one food he hated, except onions anyway, I can't stand them!

Amelia climbed down the ladder and into her back yard, her stomach growled from the lack of food, but she kept on moving. She opened the gate on the side of her house and casually walked on the sidewalk in her front yard...something caught her eye, as she heard voices coming next door. She turned her head and her head to see a dog clinging to a tree, the first thing that came to her mind was, 'tree huger', and started to face away from him. "You don't want to know me. I'm too dorky. No one's ever been my friend before, and that's probably not going to change! Just. . ." Amelia stopped and looked over her shoulder, wondering what the heck is happening.
Make Pasta not war.
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Brian walked with the Scottie again; his tears started to fade away. "Sorry for the dramatic reaction," he apologized. "I've just. . . back in the old neighborhood, I ran into so many bad friends and mean people that I've become skeptical of everyone in the universe, except for my parents. I really told myself last night I'd overcome this and make a fresh start in Richardson Valley, but I'm just so scared. I really want some real friends, and I know I can't make any if I act like this. Maybe if I make a few new friends, I might regain my confidence and my social graces. . ."

As he stared at the Sudoku, Brian got an epiphany. "Oh, by the way, what's your name?"
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

mathgrant wrote:"Sorry for the dramatic reaction, I've just. . . back in the old neighborhood, I ran into so many bad friends and mean people that I've become skeptical of everyone in the universe, except for my parents. I really told myself last night I'd overcome this and make a fresh start in Richardson Valley, but I'm just so scared. I really want some real friends, and I know I can't make any if I act like this. Maybe if I make a few new friends, I might regain my confidence and my social graces. . ."

As he stared at the Sudoku, Brian got an epiphany. "Oh, by the way, what's your name?"
O'Connor snorted indignantly at Brian's description of the people he had met. "Feh, ahnimals. Ye'd thenk wei'd bei kuinder tu each othere these deis." He then heard Brian's name question. "Ah, Ah'm O'Connor, an' the berd in mah arms is Toreh. 'e's a ball o' enegeh, but 'e doesn't 'ave a bahd bone in 'is bodeh."
DOH HO HO WELL THEN