Juicy Wolf-Cat

Re: THE OFFICIAL "HI MY NAME IS..."

Post by Buckdida »

A welcome from me to:

Traxer
Foldo
Mathgrant
and Sketch.

Geez. Gone for a week or so and we get 4 good new people. Hopefully after finals I'll be able to pop in even more.

Everyone new, I demand you have fun/pick on my spelling mistakes like everyone else seems to do.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

mathgrant wrote:Search engines are illogical. Kinda like [insert your choice of "atheists" or "theists" here]. :P
Logic is nothing more than a spiraling void of chaos that is used to ty to prove yourself smarter than that idiot sitting across from you who says you're wrong. Even though you probably are. :D
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Slippery-Q

Post by Slippery-Q »

Teh Brawler wrote:
mathgrant wrote:Search engines are illogical. Kinda like [insert your choice of "atheists" or "theists" here]. :P
Logic is nothing more than a spiraling void of chaos that is used to ty to prove yourself smarter than that idiot sitting across from you who says you're wrong. Even though you probably are. :D
That's not logic, that's opinion.
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Slippy wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:
That's not logic, that's opinion.
That's your opinion of what logic is!
more like LOLgic
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Logic: 1+1=2
And then there's this.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I find that using opinion and 'logic', you can argue that absolutely nothing in the world conceivably exists and that it's an illusion. The brain in the jar thing, y'know. I would go into more detail than that because that's a really simplistic overview but I don't really feel like it.

So the point is, because you can use 'logic' to argue anything, I kind of go 'screw logic' and look where I am today! :D
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Sketcherofstuff

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

Buckdida wrote:A welcome from me to:

Traxer
Foldo
Mathgrant
and Sketch.

Geez. Gone for a week or so and we get 4 good new people. Hopefully after finals I'll be able to pop in even more.

Everyone new, I demand you have fun/pick on my spelling mistakes like everyone else seems to do.
Cool. i have an abreviated nickname. :ugeek:

By the way, any one perhaps maybe might want to mention their favorite director on a certain topic here maybe...http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... ?f=3&t=191

(I hope that advertising for an unrelated post isn't illegal :? )
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz
Sketcherofstuff

Two_Twig wrote:You like to draw hmm? Excellent. We shall be the best of colleagues.
I hope to see something from you. Oh, and welcome to the forums Sketcher!
While, unless its already online somehow, i can't show any of my drawings, i'll give you an example-
A russian soldier from WW2 standing at attention(except he's a siberian wolf) with a giant hammer and cycle looming in the back round. I drew that purly for fun. Actually, at one point i got the idea to take out a full page in my school newspaper and make a fake russian recruting poster. ;)

DOWN WITH THE FACIST REIGHC!

REGCH?
REGHCH?
Here Comes The Fuzz
Justice193

Post by Justice193 »

hello everyone, I'm Justin TR Clark

oh noes, lots of Info revealed lols, not, honestly, everything you're afraid of revealing, anyone that really wants to know it already has it, straight down to your shopping habits, no word of a lie, however I'm not going to give out my exact birth date, or my exact location, mostly because it's not permanent.

RECAP TIME: skip if you don't like slightly drawn out general recaps of people's lives to date.

I'm 20 years of age, and spent my childhood as a a smart, respectful, completely innocent in all senses of the word child, who quickly became interested in the human condition, or the Human psyche, what makes people think, how they behave, and what defines the intricacies of a personality. I didn't know this at first, but slowly came to accept it as time went on; I am what people around me have made me into, to a point, the rest is my incessant desire to learn new things, judge what is right and wrong, and generally figure things out... I'm surprisingly not really all that great at any one thing, other than figuring people out. my forté is my ability to retain general knowledge and specific knowledge about everything.... except names, which are largely unimportant to me, I recognize people for who they are, not who they call themselves... names are just something I eventually tag to a person, just to aid in simplifying conversation.

I'm really good at expanding on topics, probably a relic from school and those evil little book reports I'd stay up hours perfecting only to get a b or a C-... I finally did confront my teacher about this at one point, and after clarifying the style of writing I was using, managed to bump it to an A+ for many of them :P. That doesn't really say much though, I did terrible in English, barely passing it until the final exam, every time, where I'd always exceed the teachers expectations nailing a solid 102% on the darn thing. did exceedingly well in math until grade 4, where they forced us to count with dots, and then never re obtained that level until grade 8... and then in grade 9 the math courses switched over from french to English, doesn't seem like much, but believe it or not it does require a completely different thinking process I had a very hard time coming to terms with obviously I speak English and French,and I can understand most written Spanish after taking a moment to decipher it, other than that my marks were pretty mediocre in every course after that, even Psychology, which surprised me, but apparently knowing the founders of Psychology's names makes up a whopping 40% of your mark 9.9, I've never been good with names.

my Life's achievements include: talking too little, typing too much, taking part in a couple red cross hurricane relief funds, scaring off a group of children with crowbars from bothering an elderly man for cash, no biggie there, sure they were scary, but they were only kids, and taking the crowbars from them, throwing the retaliaters to the ground a couple times, and giving them a long winded lesson on respect that eventually left them in tears, was pretty easy for me.. thankfully kids are impressionable, and that ended the incidents then and there. I've mowed lawns and worked at possibly the most run down of Tim Horton's, which has thankfully since been upgraded, and learned first hand just how repetitive, obnoxious, stupid, silly, smart, and down right ludicrous people really can be in their day to day lives, and I highly suggest it to everyone as a starter job, just to prepare you for the hectics and exact performance expectations of normal life. Finally, my last accomplishment to date is making it this far into my second year of college without having to touch my student loan, and still having a prospective 2 months of cash left.

I'm a Student in the 3D Technical Animation field, which basically encompasses knowledge of realism, how to employ it in a scene and in the movements of characters, basic character modeling, extensive mechanical and biological rigging knowledge (setting up the objects that an animator will eventually use to control the movements of the characters, and purposefully try to break on you), extensive ethical, film, game, and technical documentation knowledge (wish I could do away with the last bit), and finally how to create a good portfolio, because without out one I'm without a job :P.

I'm not half bad at realism drawing, but I absolutely suck at cartoon drawing, I've meant to research various techniques, but haven't had the time, as my course load is unnecessarily large, which doesn't make sense, because they strive to purposefully overload you, constantly nagging about just meeting the objectives... my teachers were not impressed at all when I completed every protect but only met the objectives, and then retorted by telling them to shove it the next time they even so much as thought of repeating an "experience" like this, as it's pointless, you learn nothing, and the industry itself doesn't even keep such tight deadlines, while shoving as many as 5 projects all on one person. on top it inhibits creativity, something that this course needs to allow and focuses on.

feel free to check out my Photo bucket, which I haven't updated in a little while, here's the link:

http://s174.photobucket.com/home/Justice193

my realism has gotten better, though I'm still rather fond of my take on a dragon/crocodile character... yes, the horns grow directly out of behind and around the eye sockets :) I've since drawn a very rough squirrel I had to model, but I don't think I've had time to upload yet. EDIT: oh look, it is there, what do you know :P I pretty much just stick random concept work on there and will randomly and inexplicably pull it off at later times or reference it for random reasons.

I may actually take up sketching over the holidays, just to expand on my vastly deficient creativity, that's been virtually depraved of nutrition with this redundant term in all but one course... I find I surprise myself every time I try to draw something, often wondering if I actually drew it when I finish... the glove hand there is my permanent solution to my hand sticking to a Tablets surface.

as for my personality, you'll find that out on your own with time.

recaps over, move along :P.

wondering about the time of this post, and how I could stay up so late (2 am here)? I was commenting on the stuff in my Photobucket page >.>, got carried away.
[acronym=© Justin TR Clark, May 11th, 2010.]*It is not enough for us to simply pursue our dreams; we must lift our enemies to their feet.[/acronym]
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

...aaaaaaaaaaaand you win the award for longest and most informative introduction yet! You say you're really good at expanding on topics...proof's in the pudding, huh?

At the moment, you appear to be the most sane person here. Let's see how long that lasts, shall we? Welcome to the forums.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Agreed with Buck. Welcome to the forums :D!
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Sketcherofstuff

Yes, welcome! (not to steal the spot light or anything, but i'd probably rank among the most sane people here if my friends didn't cajole me into playing nazi zombies all night every weekend. That game kills so many brain cells! :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h69hC8Xixhc
Here Comes The Fuzz
Slippery-Q

Post by Slippery-Q »

Welcome to ze forums, Justice. Watch ze hands and ze fingers and you'll be fine. :>
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Slippy wrote:Welcome to ze forums, Justice. Watch ze hands and ze fingers and you'll be fine. :>
Ooooooooooookaaaayy............
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Justice193

Post by Justice193 »

Oh please, I'm not new to the concept of forums Slippy :P I know enough to keep my hands to myself and my feet from wandering into topics I have no clue about :D.

I'm not necessarily sane >.>, I've just had an incredibly normal life so far.

I play many different games, even D&D, despite the witnesses congregation I go to insisting it's nature is an evil one, there is no harm in playing if you and everyone you play with agrees to keep everything PG13 in nature... it can be fun to spend hours figuring out your statistics, only to do it again the next week :D.

Yes the proof in in the pudding, just don't eat it :d I like the way it looks right now.

I'm not afraid to discuss anything, and am comfortable enough in my shoes and place to not care how much you know about me, after all, often the only person yo need to know to post is yourself, which makes most people a different person online. I'm simply affirming that what you see is what you get... I just might be very quiet for about an hour if you ever met me IRL, as I'm WAY more interested in figuring you out; personalities are like a fetish to me, just not as extreme as one :D... but there I go again when it's not even necessary anymore :).

My favorite Kinds of music for today may surprise you to be Christian in nature, this has less to do with the music style, as I listen to every style of music, rather the words; far too many songs are based around nothing and are maddening in their incessant desire to convey what they did with their last woman or man to you, and how much they'd like to do it to you :roll:. However, I do listen to allot of classics as well, pretty much anything with some sort of a real song in it :D, even dragon force, thought here is a couple of their songs I won't listen to, due to subliminal messaging... no I don't know the name of it, sorry.

Finally, though I love playing games based around it due to the strategy involved, I hate war, it's a pointless monstrosity and a blight on the entire human race.

There, now I've given a little insight into my personality as well, and I swear the rest you'll learn on your own, as I care not to put them into words :P

So no, I'm not normal, sane yes, but nowhere near normal, normality today is being insane.. or maybe it's stupid >.>... both?... either way, I don't plan on going there. hopefully you'll see more art from me over the holidays, God (I really dislike only saying that, so please excuse me, but I'ma use Jehovah, or Yahweh if y'all prefer, from now on... I give credit where its due.) only knows how much I need to practice.
[acronym=© Justin TR Clark, May 11th, 2010.]*It is not enough for us to simply pursue our dreams; we must lift our enemies to their feet.[/acronym]
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Justice193 wrote:His story
You and I are going to get along very well, Justice. Don't know whether or not you're a Christian (I know people who listen to christian music who aren't christians themselves), but you sound a lot like me. A little more extreme, perhaps, but not too far off. So, in the words of Humphery Bogart as Rick Blane, "Louie, this looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
DanieluYoshikoto

Post by DanieluYoshikoto »

Hi My name is Daniel.

I am from Germany, 15 years old.
I found this comic kinda randomly by looking at the DeviantArt journals of the persons i was watching, i found this link.

Well good thing i found this.
Just read through the whole achive (i think that´s spelled wrong, i am not good at grammar... sometimes) and really liked it, i am really looking forward to the next "pages".)

About myself, I am really not such a special guy, execpt for the fact that i sometimes make songs, create some videos or code scripts for a game. oh and btw, did i mention that everyone at school is picking on me? well yeah.
I hope i don´t end up making myself some idiot by making wrong things (i usually do that when i am new to new things, like a forum or doing something. It seems that i end up acting more childish than i am.

So yeah i guess that´s all i can say about myself and how i found the comic.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Welcome to the forums!
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Alex

Post by Alex »

Yay another guy from Germany :D. Welcome to the forums!
Richarson Valley

DanieluYoshikoto

Post by DanieluYoshikoto »

Alex wrote:another guy from Germany :D
There is also another one here?
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS YOU LUCKY GUY YOU!

Edit...Okay...he is not from Germany.

Edit Edit...HE IS!

Like I said before...I'm not gonna remember a whole lot...Just ask the other guys on IRC.
Make Pasta not war.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Yes, I was born in Germany, but moved out when I was 3. I can still speak the language better than my own :).
Richarson Valley

mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Dylan wrote:Like I said before...I'm not gonna remember a whole lot...Just ask the other guys on IRC.
There's an IRC?
Alex

Post by Alex »

Richarson Valley

Justice193

Post by Justice193 »

Teh Brawler wrote:
You and I are going to get along very well, Justice. Don't know whether or not you're a Christian (I know people who listen to christian music who aren't christians themselves), but you sound a lot like me. A little more extreme, perhaps, but not too far off. So, in the words of Humphery Bogart as Rick Blane, "Louie, this looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

lol, yes I am, how did you guess? :D

I was testing the waters with that, seeing if I could draw out any others :P.

_____

there's an IRC? O.o... I'll stick to my posting for now, I've been confusing my words when I talk lately, happens when I get over stressed... maybe I'll check it out sometime into the break, when I've had time to forget about most of this term :P.

_____

wow, forgot to mention how I found the comic, was looking up real house pets, and after accidentally clicking on a link I thought was discussing some house pets, and then realizing they were mentioning this comic, it caught my interest, and I went back to the first goggle page and clicked my first returned result, this :D

_____

hi Daniel, a fellow Programmer :), (well, I've only got basic Java knowledge, and a fair bit of debugging skills), hope you continue to enjoy this as much as I will :), and nice meeting you.
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Justice193 wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:

Looking for Christians? On the internet? What kind of person does that? :P
I prefer to use invisible text when I'm trying to draw out my brothers in Christ. I mean, God's invisible -- shouldn't our talk about Him be invisible too? That makes theological sense, right?
Justice193

Post by Justice193 »

mathgrant wrote:
Justice193 wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote: You and I are going to get along very well, Justice. Don't know whether or not you're a Christian (I know people who listen to christian music who aren't christians themselves), but you sound a lot like me. A little more extreme, perhaps, but not too far off. So, in the words of Humphery Bogart as Rick Blane, "Louie, this looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

Looking for Christians? On the internet? What kind of person does that? :P
I prefer to use invisible text when I'm trying to draw out my brothers in Christ. I mean, God's invisible -- shouldn't our talk about Him be invisible too? That makes theological sense, right?
I am the kind of person that does that.
there are too few that are willing to not only speak out about, but explain what is actually written in the Bible (not what they think is written)... and fewer still that can do it :(.

I think I already see where this is going, but I'll bite;
You know, keeping our chats invisible would make sense if we didn't want it to make any impact, as he certainly has made, and if he didn't expressly tell us to spread the word, and to make it a part of everything we do... suffice it to say, it's hard to avoid for me actually, not just because I like to talk when a good topic arises, but because my ethical and moral code is in line with it so well, I often don't even need to be forward about it; people just know... however, for the sake of the rules set forth in this forum, and respect for Rick, it'd probably be best if we took to PM's for general religious Biblical chatter that isn't comic related ;p.. for goodness sakes man you're lucky I even noticed this when I quoted you XD

and I have officially derailed this long enough that, if it were allowed, a new topic should be started :P
Clockwork Hero

Post by Clockwork Hero »

Blank
Last edited by Clockwork Hero on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

Welcome aboard, Clockwork Hero! We need more heroes in this world. :)

P.S. I was being a teensy bit sarcastic, Justice, but appreciate your thoughtful response. :3
Slippery-Q

Post by Slippery-Q »

Welcome, Clockwork. I like you're name because it reminded me of one of my all time favorite movies. "A Clockwork Orange". :3
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Welcome Craig! ...I would say something, but I'm running out of ways to say hello...So I'm just gonna say you have join the bestest forum on the internets. So I congratulate you.
Make Pasta not war.
Flamboyant-Pencil

Post by Flamboyant-Pencil »

Welcome to the forums!
deviantART! 8D

AWESOME AS CHARGED
Foldo

Post by Foldo »

Welcome, Clockwork and Sable !
Last edited by Foldo on Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

Welcome to forum Noir and Clockwork!
Noir I'm especially glad to see you because now I'm no longer the only non-white guy here (I think...); and Korean too! What a delightful coincidence :D
I dabble in drawing too so that makes us pals.
*Waits for Brawler to flip out*
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
Codewolf

Post by Codewolf »

Hi guys, the name's codewolf, found the comic the other week and have been catching up, anyway if ya want to know more feel free to ask :)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Clockwork, Noir, and Codewolf. Man, the forums are exploding with people these days!

Welcome to all of you.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Tch, back in the day, you young whippersnappers would wait for my insane welcoming before the next one of you joined, and jawbreakers came five a penny...

Welcome to all. Maaaaaan, so many people. :V
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Black Wolf

Post by Black Wolf »

Hello my name is Jeffrey, and I am addicted to water and tea. (In the back ground, Hi Jeffrey) Well I have been a furry for at least 2 years or 3. As well as my name says I am a wolf furry. Also I love house pets last year a friend told me about it who is the only other furry at my school that I know gave me the website and it was so funny. But sadly I lost the sites name and only until about 2 weeks ago was I able to remember the name started reading all the post, and finally signed up for it. Well that is all I can think about so (walks out the door, Goodbye.)
Have A Great Day
Alex

Post by Alex »

Welcome, Black Wolf! Don't just walk out of the door like that, you'll enjoy it here. Just be friendly, civil, etc.
Richarson Valley

Sketcherofstuff

Welcome :)
Oh, just realized, RPG stands for at least three things-
Role Playing Game
Rick P. Griffin :o
Rocket Proppeled Grenade :twisted:
Here Comes The Fuzz