Announcements of leave and return

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Anouncements of leave and return

Post by Sleet »

Aww, I hope you come back! Bye, Teh Brawler!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Ow... I hate to see you go, Brawler! But I might be able to help if you still visit DA.

I happen to be quite good at time management... Yes, I know 75% of my schedule (not including sleep) is composed of "Procrastinating". However, my inability to control my anxiety is completely unrelated to my time management skills.

Anyway, I hope you come back soon, Brawler! You can always talk to me if you want, or discuss art with the others here. I am sure some of us can more or less help you.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Oh man, sucks to see you leave, Brawler :(. Hope you come back soon!
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Come back soon Brawler~!
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

BRAWLER nuuu D: :<

bye :'<
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Sorry about the problems you are having. I got to admit that HP consumes almost my entire day in time as well.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Ok, Brawler. I know you'll sort all this out soon, and I hope you have a swift return.
Samson

Post by Samson »

Goodbye. Thank you for your hospitality and friendliness.
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Aw, its sad to see someone leave. It was nice meeting you Teh Brawler...even if it was brief.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Samson wrote:Goodbye. Thank you for your hospitality and friendliness.
I don't know where this is coming from, but goodbye, I guess.
Richarson Valley

Samson

Post by Samson »

Alex wrote:
Later dude. Take it easy.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Samson wrote:
Alex wrote:
Later dude. Take it easy.
...... What? I thought you were saying good bye to Brawler! o.O

It is too early! But if you are going, I can only say good luck with whatever you are doing. And hopefully you will be back soon.
Samson

Post by Samson »

So long Aquablast good luck with your studying and schooling.
I'll be back when my fanfic for the Housepets! webcomic is completed and hopefully it won't take to long to write.
Brawler is probobly hiding his rocket launcher for good measure. He'll return, they always do.
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

*A shrill wind blows through-out the forums and the lights flicker menacingly. All around a feeling of discomfort and nervous anticipation fill the air. Suddenly, a door bursts open. Standing - silhouetted in the dim light from the outside world - a familiar figure can be seen. The shadow steps forward revealing LucidDarkness, looking more scarred and traveled than upon his absence. It is easy to tell that much has occurred in his absence. Silently, Lucid walks further into the room, all eyes on him. A hand smoothly moves to the clasp of his tattered dark-brown cloak then suddenly rips it off, letting the worn out fabric sail into the air dramatically over his head*

I...

have...

RETURNED!!!

*The crowd stares in awe at the magnificence that is Lucid, the very foundation of the forums seeming to have been shaken. The lights slowly return to their normal brightness and the mysterious - though conveniently timed - winds die down. Peace has been restored.*

It's good to be back, Everyone! I've missed you all so much!! Feel free to shower me with gifts now. ;3
Leopold O'Malley - Yorkshire Feilds
Str 6 | Per 2 | End 6 | Cha 5 | Int 9 | Agl 7 | Luk 8

Louis "Lucid" O'Malley - VerdeGrove
Str 8 | Per 5 | End 7 | Cha 5 | Int 4 | Agl 8 | Luk 5
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

*Showers LucidDarkness with many huge gifts* Welcome back! And welcome back Devils! Also see ya later Brawler and Samson I hope you come back soon.
Alex

Post by Alex »

=O Welcome back, Lucid! Hope you don't take such a long leave again!
Richarson Valley

Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

LUCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID :D

*glomps and giggles*

Welcome back !!!!! :3
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Let me do this officially... Ahem...

Welcome back, Lucid! It is good to see you again!
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Lucid, you've been tagged.
FlintTheSquirrel

Welcome Back Lucid Darkness, nice to see you again.
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Hello Lucid Darkness

I am Miles Kingford, nice to meet you, welcome back to our forum.

And goodbye Samson, nice to have met you.
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

Thank you:
- Ice
- Alex
- Tobee
- Aqua
- Dub
- Flint
- Miles

It's good to see you all again (or meet you, for Miles). I'm hoping I can stay around again. :3

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

LucidDarkness wrote:*A shrill wind blows through-out the forums and the lights flicker menacingly. All around a feeling of discomfort and nervous anticipation fill the air. Suddenly, a door bursts open. Standing - silhouetted in the dim light from the outside world - a familiar figure can be seen. The shadow steps forward revealing LucidDarkness, looking more scarred and traveled than upon his absence. It is easy to tell that much has occurred in his absence. Silently, Lucid walks further into the room, all eyes on him. A hand smoothly moves to the clasp of his tattered dark-brown cloak then suddenly rips it off, letting the worn out fabric sail into the air dramatically over his head*

I...

have...

RETURNED!!!

*The crowd stares in awe at the magnificence that is Lucid, the very foundation of the forums seeming to have been shaken. The lights slowly return to their normal brightness and the mysterious - though conveniently timed - winds die down. Peace has been restored.*

It's good to be back, Everyone! I've missed you all so much!! Feel free to shower me with gifts now. ;3

Woah, that was pretty Epic Lucid. ;) Can I blog that piece of Epic Writing if I give you credit? :D
Nice to meet you. :)

No gift for you though, I'm broke. D:
I have cookies though. :3 You can have one, if you want.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Foldo

Post by Foldo »

Because I moved in a better accomodation and my Internet credit on my smartphone is very limited, I will come here rarelly until I have an good Internet access in the week coming. :?

Also, no translations for the same period.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Awww, bye Foldo!

Get a hold of some awesome internets soon !
Alex

Post by Alex »

Okay, bye, Foldo. We'll see you in a week, I hope!
Richarson Valley

FlintTheSquirrel

Aww, see you soon my squirrely friend.
Last edited by FlintTheSquirrel on Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

See you in a lil' while Foldo. I wish you a speedy internet soon!
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Hope you get a good Internet soon, Foldo!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Okay, let me rewrite my most recent post to correct the emotional instability that it was written in.

On Wednesday evening, I was surfing the internet, and I ended up in the gallery of a deviant art member who I had favorited a picture of. I spent about an hour going through his submissions (he had a LOT of stuff), and, needless to say, it was good. Very good. It was also the point where I wasn't, and wanted to be. This was a huge smack in the face for me. I tend to get depressed about my art when I see other people's, but the thing that was different this time was that I knew I had the potential to to be there. I just hadn't, and haven't, been working and practicing hard enough to be there.
Combined with that was NickCole's comment on my most recent submission. He hasn't done anything wrong, mind you; I appreciate his advice. It was just a reminder that I do have work to do, since people can point out major flaws in my work that easily. At the time, this practically destroyed me; I literally posted my blargh leaving post, got in bed, and laid there for an hour, praying and beating myself up. However, before I went to sleep, I made the decision that I was going to work harder, practice more, and redefine my basics/constantly experiment with new details to become better than I am. Basically, I would go on an art kick, and take internet out of my life as much as possible.
This was backed up the next day by my drawing class. I "finished" a charcoal piece that was due that day, and received a C+ on it. This isn't acceptable to me, as I want to do well in art school. My professor came to the conclusion that I was just going to have to work a little harder to get where I needed to be, as I haven't been making art consistently for my entire life. I agreed, and it was decided again, verbally by both of us, that recreational internet was getting in the way, and needed to be dropped, and that more time needed to be spent on art.
This is where Housepets comes in. I am officially putting myself on lurker status until further notice, i.e., until I have the time, stability, and the acquired art skill to come back as a full time member again. I don't know how long that will be; it may be a month, it may be a school year, a calender year, or you may never see me again (extreme case, and unlikely, but possible). However long it takes to get where I need to be. I've really thought long and hard about this, and it's just a lesson I need to learn if I want to get anywhere with my stuff. I'll pop in from time to time, and I'll still keep up with the radio show, as I have obligations to that project that I will fulfill, but everything else, including roleplaying, fanfictions, and any other threads, are now off-limits.
Thank you all for the great experiences on this forum. It's truly been awesome to get to know you all, and the impact that you have had on me has been nothing but positive. Hopefully, my impact on you all has been positive. I'll see you all around; don't forget me too quickly. Anyways, I'll meet y'all in the sunset.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I wish you luck, Brawler. Follow your dreams. Know your goal, and be awesome.

And yeah. You've been more then just a positive friend. See you the next time the wind blows.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Brawler, I do want you to become better. I will just be honest and say that everyone has the potential to become good at something, that doesn't exclude you. So you definitely can become as good as you want to be.

However, first thing is you mustn't take failure so far that you end up beating yourself up! I know that feeling, I had moments where I cry myself to sleep over my failures... Everyone failed before, and some failed more than the others. But it doesn't matter how many times you failed, what is important is to learn from your failures. As long as you have the will to continue, you WILL succeed someday.

Second, contradict to popular belief, practicing alone does not make perfect! Sure, you definitely need to practice in order to be good at something, but it also takes understanding and observation! I don't know if you tried this. But when you see a good picture, you should ask yourself: "What makes this picture good? How did the artist do that?" I know some people are so good that drawing becomes their second nature, but there must be some sort of principle or theory behind that! Practicing alone doesn't magically grant you the knowledge of the said principle... Actually, sometimes they do. But if you are not getting good enough by practicing alone, try to analyze other people's work instead! There is no reason why you couldn't practice AND observe at the same time!

Third, Internet is one of the best place to hone your drawing skills! Good artworks are everywhere and you can also get feedback easily. I know not all aspects of Internet will help you in your drawing, it is okay to put them aside. Just please don't leave the Internet, it is one of your greatest asset.

Fourth, I also noticed that people rarely give you feedback. But now that I am paying attention, I will definitely give you feedback whenever you submit something on DA. We point out the flaws of your work because we want you to improve. We know you can fix it and you can definitely do even better next time. We wouldn't bother to do that if we didn't care.

Fifth, don't hole everything up in your heart. You don't have to do everything by yourself, I am sure some of us can help you improve. Who knows, you might even end up helping the others to improve! Discuss with your fellow artist, or ask me and Nick for advice. There is no reason why you should turn down external support.

Know that I am pointing this out because I truly want to help you, and I don't mean anything bad. Like I said, I wouldn't bother to post this if I didn't care.

I know that I am not very convincing, since I am not an art student and my drawing isn't that good either. But I just want you to know that you are not alone, and people DO care.

Anyway, I wish you the best, whether you accept my advice or not. Good luck!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Aquablast wrote:Brawler, I do want you to become better. I will just be honest and say that everyone has the potential to become good at something, that doesn't exclude you. So you definitely can become as good as you want to be.

However, first thing is you mustn't take failure so far that you end up beating yourself up! I know that feeling, I had moments where I cry myself to sleep over my failures... Everyone failed before, and some failed more than the others. But it doesn't matter how many times you failed, what is important is to learn from your failures. As long as you have the will to continue, you WILL succeed someday.

Second, contradict to popular belief, practicing alone does not make perfect! Sure, you definitely need to practice in order to be good at something, but it also takes understanding and observation! I don't know if you tried this. But when you see a good picture, you should ask yourself: "What makes this picture good? How did the artist do that?" I know some people are so good that drawing becomes their second nature, but there must be some sort of principle or theory behind that! Practicing alone doesn't magically grant you the knowledge of the said principle... Actually, sometimes they do. But if you are not getting good enough by practicing alone, try to analyze other people's work instead! There is no reason why you couldn't practice AND observe at the same time!

Third, Internet is one of the best place to hone your drawing skills! Good artworks are everywhere and you can also get feedback easily. I know not all aspects of Internet will help you in your drawing, it is okay to put them aside. Just please don't leave the Internet, it is one of your greatest asset.

Fourth, I also noticed that people rarely give you feedback. But now that I am paying attention, I will definitely give you feedback whenever you submit something on DA. We point out the flaws of your work because we want you to improve. We know you can fix it and you can definitely do even better next time. We wouldn't bother to do that if we didn't care.

Fifth, don't hole everything up in your heart. You don't have to do everything by yourself, I am sure some of us can help you improve. Who knows, you might even end up helping the others to improve! Discuss with your fellow artist, or ask me and Nick for advice. There is no reason why you should turn down external support.

Know that I am pointing this out because I truly want to help you, and I don't mean anything bad. Like I said, I wouldn't bother to post this if I didn't care.

I know that I am not very convincing, since I am not an art student and my drawing isn't that good either. But I just want you to know that you are not alone, and people DO care.

Anyway, I wish you the best, whether you accept my advice or not. Good luck!
In chronological order:

1. Thanks, that's mostly the reason why I'm doing this. I have the will to get better now, so I'm going to strive for it.

2. I actually do analyze other's work, and learn from my observations. That's a habit I picked up pretty early on. But, if I don't practice what I observe, nothing will come of it.

3. I will actually still be using the internet at some degree, such as for homework, communication (email), and posting things on deviant art (in fact, if you constantly check DA, I'll be posting my progress continuously). It's the recreational things, like the housepets forums, that I put too much time into, and that I need to limit myself in.

4&5. That would be appreciated, and I do feel like I have things to offer you, as well. I will take advantage of whatever help I can, but I do need to figure out some things on my own.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Then you are good to go, Brawler! Good luck and see you soon!
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Good luck Brawler.
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Best wishes, Teh Brawler, hope you will succeed in following your dreams.
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

See ya Frollo and Brawler... Hope you can come back soon.
Beagle wrote: Woah, that was pretty Epic Lucid. ;) Can I blog that piece of Epic Writing if I give you credit? :D
Nice to meet you. :)

No gift for you though, I'm broke. D:
I have cookies though. :3 You can have one, if you want.
Thats fine with me, Bea! Glad you liked it! I just figured to come back with a bang~! xD

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Brawler, I really hope you get where you want to be, and quickly. and I would be lying if I said it was just because I want you to succeed.

I just want to say one thing, that has really kept me going with drawing; Everything is easy, it's just time consuming. and I'm happy that you've dedicated as much time as you need. unfortunately, something I still need to do.

I wish you luck in your endeavor, and hope you come back better then Rick. :lol:

what what? Jolly good time.
furryovrlord

Post by furryovrlord »

heeey guys ^^ heh, i know i didnt leave an annoucement of leave but well, IIII'MMMMMM baaaaack ^^ heh, i must appologise for not announcing my leave i hope nobody was put out of place because of it.
WHAT!? CAT FANCIER??? WHO TOLD YOU THAT!?.........
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Welcome back~