HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

hypernovatic

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by hypernovatic »

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure they'll be here soon." Ryze answered trying to hide her excitement but ultimately failing at it.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury patted his satchel, "I've got all of my proper drafting supplies right here." He confirmed that his duty had been fulfilled, "I bet everyone's just past the trees." The cat pointed down the lane
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc heard commotion outside but couldn't make out what it was though when he heard the gunshots he thought that the lioness or worse one of his friends coming back had gotten the lead. He hit on the gate and tried to pull it apart, bending it but not breaking it. He howled and barked hoping someone would hear, but silenced himself when he thought he heard footsteps leaving the cabin.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Yeah. I bet they are." Ryze said starting to walk faster. "Well, come on!"
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

LovingCorgi wrote:Koa and Kousa stared at Zanna. "Hi..uh...Zanana." Koa noticed her little blank stare. "You look troubled, are you worried about that wolf?"
Zanna paused at the question and just for a moment, she seemed to sink to a sullen, maybe worried expression. But her cheerful disposition kicked in a second later (though looking slightly forced), she smiled and shook her head.
"No. I think he's fine. He's a wolf and all so..."
She nodded. "He's gonna be okay..."

Meanwhile...
Nothing continued to happen... (Sorry, want to put some time in between action stuff.). The floorboards creaked under him as h walked, probably from age. The small door of a hole (the width of a plate) was left open, the men forgot to close it. He could probably fit an arm through it but he couldn't reach the doorknob for the gate.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

When everything fell to silence Doc wasn't sure if his rescuer was shot or fled but he knew he had to get out soon or he wouldn't be around long enough to find out. He frantically scanned for anything that might help him, when he saw the open slot on the door he tried to get his arm though it, getting barely up to his elbow even with claws outstretched he just barely scratched the knob, but it was no use he wouldn't be able to get it. Doc pulled his arm back in and in frustration he just paced back an forth in his cage, trying to think of any way to free himself.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

hypernovatic wrote:"It's the big house on the end of Freedom Drive, right?" Ryze asked. Turning to Nadia, "Here you can borrow mine." Ryze said handing Nadia her phone.
"That's the one." nods Flynn. Pulling out his map again, he points the house out to Nadia before she heads off with the phone.

Everyone splits up to prepare for the adventure. Stacking the books and papers into a neat pile, Flynn follows them. Arriving back at his house he first heads to his hutch to procure the lantern and then creaks open the door to the old garage. Snapping on the light he holds it high as he searches the dark recesses of the musty, oily smelling room. Spotting a rope handing on a hook, he pulls it down but it snags on a spike holding a hammer. As it does, there's a small click and a section of the wall swings inwards, revealing another passage. Flynn makes a mental note to explore it another day.
Heading back towards the door he spots an old dog kennel against one wall on which he can just make out the letters "A...CA....NE". He decides to have a quick look before he heads back to his room. In the kennel there are the remains of a cushion, an oil lamp, and a wooden chest which when open yields several pet-sized items of clothing including a black leather collar and a bowler hat which looks as new as the day it was bought, having been preserved by the dry air and camphor within the chest.
Leaving the kennel, Flynn trips over a heavy crate on the garage floor. It contains a variety of odds and ends including batons and some solid leather gloves. "This must have belonged to Al's goons" he thinks. He takes the gloves and tries them on. They're a little big and the leather is firm and old but Flynn thinks they'll limber up with use. sticking them under his arm with the rope, he pushes the crate aside and emerges from the garage and back into the bright sunlight. Entering the house through the back door he dumps the gear in his room just in time to hear the clang of the old-fashioned bellpull which still serves as the doorbell.
"I'll get it!" he calls and scampers to open the door.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Thu May 09, 2013 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Argent

Post by Argent »

Sandy takes the phone away from the crazy weasel, and shoves it in his pocket and starts a whispered conversation.

"What if Mr. Friday had come in just then? You could end up in jail!"

"Aww, he's left by now, hasn't he?"

"No, he's arguing with Mom and Dad about asking for volunteers to help look for the poachers and the wolf."

Despite growing up with animals, Lysander Walton really didn't have a true appreciation for how good their hearing was, and that last comment is clearly audible to every dog in the lobby.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"3.....let see , 3 cats , me , that dog , 2 rabbits .....meh I can go without the flashlight."Nadia said , putting those flashlights in a small plastic bag , then come back up the stair , when she saw the familiar bird again
<My apologizes for disturbing you on such a short time , curatrix>
"It's...you...what happened?"
<Nothing of misfortune , some kind souls had already began their way toward the young wolf's safely return , it is only my assumption that you would like to know about this>
"yes....thank you for letting me know , at least for now I know there'll still be a chance for that idiot"
<Indeed , let us all pray for the brave one's well being>
"these people , can you tell me where they're , the one who's gonna try to save him?"
<Do forgive me little one , but it is for your best interest that , at least for this moment , you leave them to their work , with that said , it seems you already have another plan in mind with those intriguing devices>
"oh , these ? Yes I have met some of the pets around here , and we're about to do some expedition in the underground tunnels , could you tell me some information about that place?"
<wouldn't you like to find out for yourself , like a true explorer would?>
"no...nope , not really"
<hehehe , may luck be with you , curatrix>
"before we part , my elder , can I ask of you a favor ?"
<and what might that be?>
"please , find, and keep an eye on all of them , especially the wolf , if the one who's trying to help now fail , I-please let me know , I'm afraid that the human I'm currently accompany might find it necessary to hide it from me"
<....If it is what you wish>and the bird once again flew away from sight
"....my wish....is for him to be safe , and find his way home...Well , gotta get going , seriously late"the fox then jump off and make her way to the old house at the end of the street , pretty sure she'll be the last one there
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Thu May 09, 2013 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

Argent wrote:"Cinnamon said you were walking directly away from town last night when you were heading home, so I think you're kinda lost. Why don't you wait here, we'll call your mom in a few minutes and have her pick you up."
"I guess I was kind of lost last night." Rusty said. "Hopefully mum'll be able to pick me up soon!"

A sudden pang of realization hit the yorkie. He walked over to the boy and the weasel once more.

"Um, excuse me." The dog said rather innocently. "I think we're going to have a hard time getting a hold of Mum. You see, we only moved into town a few days ago, and I don't think my address on my tag's been changed yet. So if you use the phone, it might call Mum's Mum and Dad instead!"
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
Argent

Post by Argent »

"They'll know where your owner lives, right? Or is she hiding from them, like in one of Mum's manga? Is there some reason I shouldn't call them, puppy?"
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

"Why didn't I think of that!?" Rusty exclaimed, feeling rather embarrassed by the situation. "I don't think Mum's hiding from them, so there shouldn't be any problems."
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury does up his pace to keep with his friends, "So, where are you guys from?" He asked to fill the silence
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Esper wrote:Mercury does up his pace to keep with his friends, "So, where are you guys from?" He asked to fill the silence
Ryyn looks over at Mercury as the question is asked. "Er me? I'm from a small village to be honest, and don't take offense when I say this, but the cats there were horrible and cruel, probably because they outnumbered us dogs. The village however was named Memphis, probably by some Egyptian enthusiast."
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
Argent

Post by Argent »

Sandy goes back to calling owners. A phone rings in his pocket, he pulls Cinnamon's phone out, glances at it, and absent-mindedly tosses it to the weasel.

Cinnamon snaps it open, and closed again, and sneaks Samantha's phone back into her office.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa looks at Zanna. "Ok If you say so." Koa opens his bag and notices he has some of his favorite herbs left. "Hey you guys, wanna have some fun?" He pulls out some jawbreakers. "this candy was specially made for me and it's loaded with sugar. It's not very healthy, but it gives you a very large energy boost for a short time." Koa gives everyone a piece. Koa is the first to eat it, and soon after Koa looks as if he was about to jump out of his chair, if it weren't for Kousa holding him down. "Koa, I told you not to eat those, you're too fragile to be jumping around like that, not to mention you're already hurt."
Last edited by LovingCorgi on Thu May 09, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Ryze's happy expression faded. "I don't like to talk about it, but I guess I can make an exception." She said suddenly serious. "We used to have an abusive owner. That's why I have this scar." Pyre said pointing to the scar under his right eye.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

hypernovatic wrote:Ryze's happy expression faded. "I don't like to talk about it, but I guess I can make an exception." She said suddenly serious. "We used to have an abusive owner. That's why I have this scar." Pyre said pointing to the scar under his right eye.
Mercury nodded sympathetically, "Yes I see, I see." he gave a tiny shiver, "My first dad treated me pretty okay as an artist's model, then he left me in the snow." the cat spotted the big old house, "Well lookie here! Sorry to drop the gloomy mood, but we're here!" Mercury stumbled up to the door and rang the bell a couple of times
~~~
Tesla held his piece of candy cautiously, "Somehow I don't think hyperactivity and hysterical blindness mix too well." he jabbed, rolling the sugar ball around in his paw, "What do you think, Zanna?"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Esper wrote: Mercury nodded sympathetically, "Yes I see, I see." he gave a tiny shiver, "My first dad treated me pretty okay as an artist's model, then he left me in the snow." the cat spotted the big old house, "Well lookie here! Sorry to drop the gloomy mood, but we're here!" Mercury stumbled up to the door and rang the bell a couple of times
"Guys !" Nadia called from afar ,"sorry I'm late , got caught up in something else , didn't managed to find much in my house except for these either , hope it'll help"
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Ryyn was glad when the mention of pasts were passed on in exchange for waiting for the ringing door bell to be answered. Sometimes what happened in the past was best left there. "I hope this is the right house and we aren't ringing the wrong door bell." He turns to look at Nadia as she catches up before he offers a quick wave.

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"That would be my luck, not yours!" Lucky called from behind them. His trip to Flynn's house had been slowed by flowerpots, rope, and of course, ducks. No of that matter now however because he was here. This will be fun. he thought, trying to reassure himself.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

In his haste, Flynn trips on the rug and faceplants onto the door with a bang. "Oof!" he grunts.
"Flynn? Was that you? You ok?" calls Joan from the kitchen.
Flyn groans, rubbing his sore nose, then calls back "I tripped on the rug. I'm fine. Just a little bruised." Picking himself up he opens the door.
"Hi guys" he says brightly, despite his swelling nose.
"Who's there, Flynn?" calls Joan.
"Just some friends I made at the library earlier. We're going to explore this place."
"Alright. You guys play nice." Flynn rolls his eyes.
"Yes, mum!" he turns back to the assembled pets.
"Come on in. You're not going to believe it but while I was hunting in the garage for the rope, not only did I find Al Cabone's kennel but I also found another passage!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"You also found something to hurt your nose on." Lucky noted. He was secretly glad he hadn't been the first one to be hurt. He then felt bad he felt that. Feeling were complicated he realized. "Nice house you have here." He said trying to be polite.

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"yah this is a really nice , mysterious house with many hidden passages and secrets , next thing you know we'll be stumbling into some sort of hidden magic chamber , with ghosts chasing us left and right , and you know what happen in those kind of story..." Nadia lowed her voice , whispered into Flynn's ear "the boys and little one always go first , hehehehe"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna smiled, saying "Thanks!" as she was given one.
Esper wrote:Tesla held his piece of candy cautiously, "Somehow I don't think hyperactivity and hysterical blindness mix too well." he jabbed, rolling the sugar ball around in his paw, "What do you think, Zanna?"
The husky put it close to her nose and sniffed it, sighing happily and enjoying the sweet smell.
"My parents say I'm banned from candy if I'm in a 200 feet radius from anything that can be dismantled." She took another sniff.
"Something about breaking something...or some things... I wasn't sure. I didn't remember anything. I think they might be lying..." Zanna continued talking cheerfully.
She giggled at Koa's reaction to eating the candy.
"So how did yoo two meet?" She asked Kousa.

Meanwhile...
The cabin was quiet again, now that only Doc occupied it.
Then he heard the door crack open, quieter this time, followed by the sound of soft steps.
"Hey, psst. Wolf. You still there?"

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury lit up, "Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh! Can I see it, I wanna add it to the map!" he nearly squealed, "Oh, uh, I mean 'Nice to see you, you look a bit bumped on the nose'." the cat tried to suppress himself, "But ghost'd be pretty cool!"
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

perks his ears at the mention of Al Cabones kennel "For real?! You found it? No fair, I bet it's filled with tons of cool dog things, I think Lucky might have to give up their name." He chuckles a bit at his joke."Anyways where are we going to start exploring?"

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"I wish I had a different name," muttered Lucky, "Then I might actually be lucky. Or at at least it wouldn't be so ironic."

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn brushes of the compliments and rubs his nose, ruefully. "Yeah. I like it. You guys didn't hear me hit the door just then? I tripped on a corner of the rug." He shivers slightly at Nadia's reference to ghosts but shoots it right back at her with. "Oh really? I heard that they always go for the slow ones first. And I'm faster than any old fox!" He leads the pets through to his room. "I took a quick look. There wasn't much in there unless he's got a hidden compartment somewhere. Which wouldn't surprise me. We can explore it and the tunnel in the garage later. We'll start with the one in here first." He points at the seamless section of floor beside the shelf. "The entrance is over there."
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Thu May 09, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"I should probably go first or last," suggested Lucky, "That way, if something bad happens it'll happen to me and not any of you." He didn't want any harm to come to his new friends. Besides, he could take anything this place could dish out. He hoped.

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"As the group's cartographer, I bravely volunteer!" Mercury cheered, "I can scout up ahead and stuff!"
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Still holding koa down Kousa smiled and said "Well, it was a a dog park about 2 years ago. Me and my owners were having fun playing catch, when I saw Koa sitting alone by a tree. I walked up to him to ask why he was alone. He just sat there staring at me not saying a word and finally just ignored me. He was a very shy dog back them, although he still is, but I'm working with him. Anyway, I got mad at him for ignoring me and accidentally scared him...if you know what I mean..." "Kousa!! You said you would never tell anyone that!!" Koa yelled when he finally calmed down. Kousa let out a loud laugh when he yelled at her. "Well, he kind of cried afterwards...but I'm getting off topic." She stopped to collect her thoughts. "I eventually gave up talking to him, and walked away. later before my family went home I saw some dobermans picking on him, and beating him up. I thought he deserved it, but I couldn't let him be bullied like that, so I went over there, and lets just say they hardly looked, or acted like dobermans afterwards." Koa began to smile and said, with as much sarcasm as possible. "I love this story. Brings back memories." Kousa continued "That was when he finally said something to me." She imitated his voice. "Don't hurt me." "He was so pathetic but I was glad he was talking. He finally told me his name after I promised I wouldn't hurt him. His name was that of the tree he was sitting next to, Koa." She made one last breath. "We eventually became the best of friends, and he helped me, and I helped him. Though I did more helping than him since he's weak and was bullied almost every day. But he one day asked me out to dinner, and from that day forward we started considering ourselves boyfriend and girlfriend. He let me visit him while he was in medical school every holiday, and we were happy. But then he left because his owners had to gt rid of him and gave him to their brother, who's not very nice." Koa's smile disappeared and he looked at his body where he rustled the fur that grew over the many marks his owner gave him. "I have marks all over my body I was lucky enough to have fur grow back in those spots."
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

"Not sure what good I am for this trip, I'm fast and smart and that's about it to be honest. I suppose I could look scary if you needed to, German shepherds usually have a good reputation at stuff like that, ooh and I can read things."

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla sat a bit awkwardly, absorbing his new friend's backstory, "Um, I was just put into the pound once..." he mumbled, unsure of what else to say
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn mused for a moment. "Are you strong? Muscle could be handy. If not, then many hands make light work, right? You'll not be a burden."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Hlaoroo wrote:Flynn mused for a moment. "Are you strong? Muscle could be handy. If not, then many hands make light work, right? You'll not be a burden."
"Strong? I'm afraid to say that I'm not that strong, maybe a little less then average to be honest. I read a lot, I kinda get it from Dad I suppose."

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah well. perhaps in your readings you may have come across something that could help us. We'll find out when we're down there. What gear have we all brought?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna listened, smiling, nodding, and frowning at the appropriate times.
"Wow. That's just like that one romantic Hollywood movie." Saying it as if everyone would instantly agree with her.
"That's nice though. You guys contrast, and I heard that makes good couples."

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury raised a paw and scratched the back of his head with the other , "Haha, I'm pretty much a weakling." He chuckled, "And I brought my cartography stuff and a whole lot of water. Also whatever else would fit in my bag."
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Anyways, What do you guys do for a living?" Kousa asked as Koa was opening his mouth to say the same thing.