HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Argent

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Argent »

"That's just a bit of wire it's really hard to make a deadfall you try it some time and you'll see! Even if you get it working it jams after a few days cos of the weight and rocks are even heavier than trees! If someone set a trap like this it'd have to be real recent and you'd smell them for sure just sniff about a bit and you'll see! Only scent I don't know was that coyote and it was way old and dead easy to cover up!"

He examines the ceiling.

"Well it would be solid after it already fell down that's cos the rocks left behind get jammed into a natural dome there's a really awesome one a few miles from here lemme show you we need to go back the other way of course!"
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Yay," Leslie said happily again, extricating himself from the car and trotting to the house door. He returned to the car. "Rank yew, mister Tacsiman," he said before running back to the house.

Dis way!
Oreo goes into the house, down the hall into the living-room, and slips in behind the sofa and the wall.
This is my place while in the house..Plopping down into the dog bed hidden back there.
Owww. Dis is the closest to having a burrow you can do in a house.
From here i can keep watch on everything going on in the house.. An if you sit twords dis side of the couch, you can watch the highdef TV thing up over the fire place. But it gets a bit to scary too real at times!! not like the one i have out in my doghouse out in the back yard.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa tilts his head in confusion.
"Are these worth anything. The look like junk to me."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeshah wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Yay," Leslie said happily again, extricating himself from the car and trotting to the house door. He returned to the car. "Rank yew, mister Tacsiman," he said before running back to the house.

Dis way!
Oreo goes into the house, down the hall into the living-room, and slips in behind the sofa and the wall.
This is my place while in the house..Plopping down into the dog bed hidden back there.
Owww. Dis is the closest to having a burrow you can do in a house.
From here i can keep watch on everything going on in the house.. An if you sit twords dis side of the couch, you can watch the highdef TV thing up over the fire place. But it gets a bit to scary too real at times!! not like the one i have out in my doghouse out in the back yard.
"Ooh," said Leslie, following Oreo through the house, looking at everything as he went. "Nyce bed! Are yew not alowed on the sewfa?". Leslie sat next to his friend.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, here's a popular thing for the Humans," Kilo mused. "It's probably deadly to us and might not be too good for Humans. They'd probably love it anyway, hmm?"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Well, you also have to consider where you found them. It could've been years that they were down there, so they'll obviously need a spitshine. Blizzard remarked. And it could look good around Kousa's neck. Blizzard hints to the corgi.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Ooh," said Leslie, following Oreo through the house, looking at everything as he went. "Nyce bed! Are yew not alowed on the sewfa?". Leslie sat next to his friend.
Oreo stops, and thinks a bit about that question..
I don'ts know.. I wasn't alloweds on things when i was a full skunk..
but nows dat i've been de-skunked.. I don't know..

I'd rather you didn't. It would make it easier for me to keep the shed fur off of it.
Cleo says as she passes by
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, here's a popular thing for the Humans," Kilo mused. "It's probably deadly to us and might not be too good for Humans. They'd probably love it anyway, hmm?"
"hm........curiosity ?" Nadia guessed , taking a look around the old underground . The place was rather big , especially considering the fact that is was built underground long ago with limited tools . There were tools and machinery all around , wooden barrels lining up along the walls , along with what Nadia could only described as "giant buckets" .There was another walkway above them , presumably was used to watch over the whole place . On the other side , there were what seemed like other ways out .
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Ooh... wow..."

Cinnamon peers in fascination at the old construction.

"No wonder this place is unstable just look at these timbers they're not hardly properly shoring it up at all it's just like that coal mine rescue episode on cable don't mess with anything it'll all come down easy as falling off a roof!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I believe you, young Toes," Kilo mused. "Places like these were not built as long term constructions, although this has weathered remarkably well. I wonder if the barrels are full?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not alowed on the sewfa at Unkle Leroys place eifur," Leslie confessed as he tested out the skunk bed. "Least not with food. Losta Ham samwich in the sewfa."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I believe you, young Toes," Kilo mused. "Places like these were not built as long term constructions, although this has weathered remarkably well. I wonder if the barrels are full?"
"The humans consider the older the better when it comes to these things right ?" Nadia asked , knocking on one of the barrels to see if there was anything in it
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, indeed. If it has been well preserved, a Whiskey that has been in a barrel for just fourty years can fetch thousands of dollars. But I should urge caution, dear girl. The smell might be rather potent." Even so, Kilo held on as Nadia knocked.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Blizzards hint made Koa's face turn tomato red with embarassment. He looked at the Pendant and then discreetly at Kousa. "Y....y....ye..yes....it would."
Kousa only acted like she didn't hear what blizzard said but still showed a small smirk on her face.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Deciding not to argue with the marten any further, Piper simply follows him and the vixen into the large distillery cavern.
"Wow. This really was a major operation. Yet it managed to remain unknown to history. How fascinating." Eyes sparkling with excitement, Piper advances into the underground space.
"That one sounds empty. The alcohol probably evaporated through the wood or rotted it away." Piper knocks on one of the metal vats and is met with a muted return.
"This still sounds full. I'm wary of trying the tap though in case the metal is brittle with age. I wouldn't want it to break off and dump all the drink on the ground. I wonder if it's safe to get on top and open the hatch up there..." The doe shines her torch up the side of the vat towards the ceiling.
"And you're right, Kilo. Most alcohol does drastically improve with age and increases in price at the same time. The flavours intensify. We can't sell it in our shop since we never got the proper licences for it but we do have contacts that do sell it at auction so we know a bit about it."

~~~~
"I have no idea what they're worth, Koa. Mister Jenkins, the historian, is coming over tonight though so he'll be able to give us an idea. Shall we clean them up before he comes? I'll go get the stuff." Heaving herself upright, Joan heads to the laundry and returns a few moments later with some newspapers, some old but clean and soft rags, a bowl of warm, soapy water, a bowl of cool, fresh water.
Not having a coffee table, she unfolds the newspaper onto the floor to absorb the mess.
"Gold doesn't tarnish like other metals. Soap and water is usually all you need to clean it off. The gold chain you can dunk in there and give it a bit of a rub before rinsing it off and drying it but don't scrub too hard in case it's plated gold. Don't dunk the jade though. For that you just dip a cloth into the soapy water and polish it. If the gold doesn't come properly clean we can try with some dilute ammonia but we can't do that with the jade. That we'd have to take to the jewellers to be done professionally."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I would imagine it is quite possible to get up there if the weight is right and the climber a skilled one," Kilo agreed, looking up at the vast vat. "Oh," he sighed, "if only the kitten was still here. We could send him up! Oh, only joking, dear Piper. I suppose a good Mouse could make it up there and check the rope strength. Climbing's easier than walking anyhow." With that, Kilo began the first climb. Down Nadia.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Of course climbing's easier than walking you're distributing your weight better when you use your arms and legs together... you know when we do the nature show and tell at schools Dad sometimes says that's why horses are so fast they're just a more efficient design it's a shame our bodies don't work that way too but I tried an it's just not the same kind of a pity you think?"
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa nodded and got down onto the floor, doing everything that Joan had told him.
"This jewelry is already looking better. I don't think I'll sell these, though they may be worth enough for me to build my tree house, I think I'll give the jade to Kousa while I wear the gold chain."
Kousa smiled at Koa's words and hugged him.
"Aww Koa your so sweet."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, I hadn't thought, sorry, Koa. Do you want a cushion or something for your leg? Or we can take this to the kitchen table." Joan smiles as Koa proclaims his decision on what to do with the gold.
"That sounds like a lovely idea. Very kind of you, Koa."

~~~~
"The... rope strength? But there's no rope. Unless you mean metaphorically." Piper offers the mouse her paw to make his climb easier.

~~~~
Flynn picks up the corgi's digging machine. "So how do we make this thing work. Oof, it's heavy!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa shakes his head.
"I'm fine mom."
He replied adjusting his leg on the floor. But began blushing when Joan talked about his idea.
"Mom, your embarrassing me."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Blizzard smiled at the human and her pets. Maybe he should head home and relax with his new owner...
---
Hutch felt like there wasn't anything for him to do, so he continued shining his big flashlight towards the hole so Flynn and Tesla could dig out the hole.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "I'm not alowed on the sewfa at Unkle Leroys place eifur," Leslie confessed as he tested out the skunk bed. "Least not with food. Losta Ham samwich in the sewfa."
You wur casheing ham sandwhichs in the sofa for later?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeshah wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "I'm not alowed on the sewfa at Unkle Leroys place eifur," Leslie confessed as he tested out the skunk bed. "Least not with food. Losta Ham samwich in the sewfa."
You wur casheing ham sandwhichs in the sofa for later?
"Hee, hee," Leslie giggled. "No, I just lost it wen I left it there and went bak for water. Went down the seets."
Hlaoroo wrote:"The... rope strength? But there's no rope. Unless you mean metaphorically." Piper offers the mouse her paw to make his climb easier.
"Ah, thank you my dear," Kilo said, climbing aboard. "If you could lift myself to the ropes, I shall go up and look for a way down so you others can come up." He chuckled. "Rather a fun idea, that."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"I think Kilo mean like that "rope" behind us Piper" Nadia said , pointing to a corner of the wall , the "rope" was actually not a rope at all , just some thick strings tangled together , probably meant to pull something up the the second floor . It looked too small and too risky for anyone to climb it , well.....maybe a mouse could , but it's still risky.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Hee, hee," Leslie giggled. "No, I just lost it wen I left it there and went bak for water. Went down the seets."
I can sees howls dat would make are owners unhappi!

I like it back here anyways. kinda like having an indoor burrow..
I guess thar is still some wild in me.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ooooh. That rope!" Piper crosses to it and helps the mouse up.
"Remember to check for corrosion on the metal fixtures up there. Can you carry your torch and climb at the same time?"

~~~~
"Oh, sorry, Koa." grins Joan. "But isn't that what we mums are for?" At that moment her stomach growls.
"Hmm. Must be lunch time. Wanna help me make some sandwiches for everyone while the boys polish the jewellery, Kousa? It can be a bit of girl time."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa nodded and hid his face slightly. What Joan said was true, and because of that Koa is to the point of embarrassment that he wouldn't speak. When Joan asked for Kousa's help, she immediately agreed because she never ha girl time before, she usually hung around boys most her life.
"Of course I can help!" She proclaimed excitedly.
"Koa you can stay here I can take care of myself, and plus you don't look well enough to be able to make any sandwiches."
Kousa was right. Koa didn't want to move from his spot until his flushed face was gone.
"I....I...know honey...."
With that Kousa helped Joan stand up and helps her into the kitchen.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Blizzard joins Koa on the floor, sitting, then crossing his legs and raising his tail for a more comfortable seat.
Okay, so how far are we into polishing this jewelry? Blizzard asked.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It seems unlikely, my dear Piper, as I shall need both handpaws for climbing." He secured the torch and pulled himself up the dry, cold and slightly slick rope until he reached the upper level. Only once did he almost lose his grip on the rope and that was when he gripped and pulled too close to a frayed section. Once he was at the top of the rope he let himself off onto the raised level and flicked the torch back on. "I have made it, good fellows," he called down whilst inspecting joints for corrosion.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Keeshah wrote: I guess thar is still some wild in me.[/color]
Giggling, Leslie began 'looking through' his friends fur. "Where iz it? I down't see it but it must bee heer..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"that was too close" Nadia said , letting out a sigh of relief "can you see any way to get up there ?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I shall look now, dear Nadia." From below, the little light can be seen moving along the ledge before swinging around back towards the end everyone is near. "I should probably start at this end, hmm?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla was about halfway through the hole when Flynn spoke, prompting him to climb back out and face the rabbit, "Oh, yeah." he woofed, "It's not really hard, you just need to aim the machine." he reached out to heft it up, "Release the safety lever and pull the trigger."

The little dog frowned, "But... I think it might actually be out of gas by now..."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Once Kousa is in the kitches, Joan shuts the door behind them and makes her way to the cupboards and fridge, pulling out bread, spreads and various other fillings as well as a couple of plates and knives.
"I've no idea when the others will come back up so I guess we make lunch just for us four for now and make it for the rest when they get back. What do you like in your sandwiches, Kousa?" Joan fills the kettle and puts it on to boil before broaching the other reason she'd asked Kousa away.
"You know, I didn't just ask you here for girl time, Kousa. Can you keep a secret? I take it you know Koa's birthday is coming up?" Seeing that the husky does know this, Joan puts a step stool next to the bench so the husky can help build sandwiches before continuing to speak as she butters some bread.
"Well, we've got a bit of a surprise for him. We're going to give him a surprise party. Only John, Flynn, Piper and I know so far, although I wouldn't be surprised if Lucky knows too but I'll explain that in a minute. Oh, I'm doing this wrong... Let me start over... Okay, so we're giving Koa a surprise party and we're also making him his treehouse in secret. It's in the Brookleys' workshop at the moment which is why Piper and probably Lucky would know. We're making it flat and then on the morning of the birthday we'll get Koa out of the house for a few hours while we assemble it in the tree. We've got to get word out to Koa's friends though. Can you think of anyone in particular he'd want to invite other than the other pets in the neighbourhood? Also, what other presents would he want?"

~~~~
"Be careful, Kilo." calls up Piper, her motherly instincts kicking in. "Does it look sturdy enough? Remembering that we're like a hundred times heavier than you?"

~~~~
"Like this?" Flynn is surprised and almost knocked backwards by the force with which the blade of the shovel shoots out as he flips the lever and pulls the trigger. Once it's out though, the machine falls silent though Flynn keeps his grip on the trigger. It is, as Tesla had supposed, out of gas.
"Hmm. I'd guess we'd better do it the old-fashioned way then. Get digging, everyone."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Kousa continues to help make sandwiches. She thought long and hard about what Joan asked.
"Wells stuffed animals as you probably already know. He also likes candy and flowers."
She hesitated answering the other question.
"Well there's one person I can think off that's not the neighborhood pets. But the invitation has to be sent today if there's even a chance of her making it."

Back in the living room koa looks at blizzard and back at the jewelry.
"I have the gold chain soaking and I'm trying not to scratch the jade."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course, my dear," Kilo said, "of course. And I'd say you are only about seventy times my weight. The beams seem cold but would likely be able to hold you peoples one at a time in most places. As for routes up, I would say it would be something to do with these stairs in the wall." With that the light shone up and down to signal where by the wall Kilo was. "Once again, be careful. The timbers may be rotting. I would use the metal frames as much as possible, hmm?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

LovingCorgi wrote:Kousa continues to help make sandwiches. She thought long and hard about what Joan asked.
"Wells stuffed animals as you probably already know. He also likes candy and flowers."
She hesitated answering the other question.
"Well there's one person I can think off that's not the neighborhood pets. But the invitation has to be sent today if there's even a chance of her making it."

Back in the living room koa looks at blizzard and back at the jewelry.
"I have the gold chain soaking and I'm trying not to scratch the jade."
Cool... Blizzard replied. So... do you know Christopher Robin? Blizzard asked.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon scrambles up the side of a vat and tugs at a hatch on top. It flips open and he sniffs, then recoils.

"Oh yeuch I don't know what this was supposed to be but it's gone rotten by now it smells like medicine!"

He looks about at the rest of the construction.

"I wouldn't climb up there if I were me and even less if I were you, cos I'm naturally arboreal so I'm a better climber anyway that wood's like a hundred years old!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The torch swung so its light was on Cinnamon. "A little late to tell me, my dear toes," Kilo said. "And be careful with that hatch. It may smell of medicine but you might need some after it. I have seen some humans look decidedly ill after alcohol."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

"I don't mean you silly!"

Cinnamon closes the hatch and scurries down.

"I still say it's spoiled."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"I don't think any of us gonna drink that stuff except humans , so no worry Six" Nadia shrugged "Well , I'm going up first , just in case"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Giggling, Leslie began 'looking through' his friends fur. "Where iz it? I down't see it but it must bee heer..."
Oreo rears up holding his arms up over his head..
It's right here.. GNARRRRR! Oowww oow oww
Putting his arms back down..
Maybe i can be a bits morr wildz. whens z not so stiff n' sorrre
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie backed down at Oreo's 'fierceness' but didn't stop grinning. "Eek!" he said happily before laughing after oreo put his arms back down. "Sew what's we doing furst?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie