Funny or weird pet stories

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Funny or weird pet stories

Post by copper »

Oh come on, we all have a few. This is the place to post all of the funniest, cutest, or weirdest pet stories that you might have.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Medli

Re: Funny or weird pet stories

Post by Medli »

So why don´t you start off to break the ice? >_>
<+Vaddie> ... WHY AM I A GIRL ON FIRE WEARING 30 PAIRS OF PANTS ALL OF A SUDDEN
* +SickDynar is like the fountain of youth, except with drool instead of youth.
Aah, I LOVE quotes :3
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Used to have 2 poodles, and well, when they were REALLY young they loved to just run around the house playing.

Once, one of them ran straight into a wall at full speed. Surprisingly, he just shook his head a little in confusion I guess, checked for his sister and started chasing her again.

And oh lord how I laughed xD
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I used to have a kitty...

I used to have a laundry basket...

I used to put the laundry basket on the kitty, and watch the kitty get out.

I was like, 3 years old, and I used to love doing it. Whisky was the nicest cat ever though! Not onc did he scratch me!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Medli wrote:So why don´t you start off to break the ice? >_>
I couldn't think of anything then. I now have many.

It was Halloween night and I had a trashbag in my room, doing my monthly cleaning. I had just thrown away some mini glowsticks when my tuxedo colored cat entered my room. I didn't think anything of it, so I turned around to finish cleaning out my closet. All of a sudden I hear the shriek of a Banshee. I turn around to see a heck- cat running out of my room. It took a second for it to register in my mind that what I saw was my own cat with a mouth that glowed green. I was wondering where he went when I heard a shout coming from the front door. I ran to it to find my mother, shocked, asking what I had done to Manchu ( that is the cat's name, in case you were confused). He stayed out most of the night, but I laughed every time a scared little trick-or-treater walked by talking about a monster cat. :lol:

P.S. The glowsticks were non-toxic. Manchu was unharmed and returned in the morning with his mouth back to normal.
My characters
dalonewolf25
Location: Somewhere in Pretoria, South Africa, where tiny colorful horses reside.

Post by dalonewolf25 »

I once had a kitty. Her name was Joy. She was the most unlucky kitty I had seen...(but enough about that). Every now and then, she would climb up a 10 feet object and would fall faceplant on the floor. She would then get back up, then do it again.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~
p33wii

Post by p33wii »

My neighbours(across the road) dog, named Sasha, was outside the house, all doors closed, outside the gate, and I took it back inside. When I got inside they told me they thought that she was in the laundry. They were watching the national IQ challenge. ;)
MartinSS

Post by MartinSS »

My dog used to always chase cars back and forth in our yard. He would bark like there was no tomorrow whenever we left in our car. It was really funny :lol:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I had a cat named Jasper who created a christmas tradition in our home. After the tree went up, he would like nothing more than to climb as high as he could and wait for someone to walk by. As soon as someone got too close to the tree, he would pounce onto their head and attack. This kamikaze cat had us terrified to go near the tree without doing a thorough search of its branches. It was a good thing that he grew too big to climb high enough to attack, but for the first few years of his life, he was the christmas kitty of doom.
My characters
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

I have a pet bird. Her name (though my sister and mom insist on calling her a he because we originally thought it was a he) is Merlin.

We don't treat our bird like a bird. Rather, we treat our bird like a dog. When we're home, we leave the cage door open. This allows her to roam the house at her own leisure (it's much harder to step on a bird than you might at first think). If she gets lonely, she'll just walk to each room, looking for somebody, then, if they're standing still, will walk onto their foot, look up, and chirp (Pick me up please!)

Naturally, I was often home alone. On occasion, if I was focused on something, I'd forget the bird was there.

Naturally, this also meant random freak outs when I randomly felt something under my desk clawing and biting my feet. Freakn' ninja bird.

What's also funny is that she's not possessive, unlike most pet cockatiels. But she can tell who likes her and who doesn't. She will avoid and run away from friends who don't like her, but will cuddle up to anyone that does. It's really funny when she walks around two people to get to someone that does like her. And this way, nobody complains! XD

Another funny little habit she has is playing hide-and-go-seek. Occasionally, she'll climb or glide off somewhere (or fly if we haven't clipped her wings). She doesn't like being alone, so once she's found a spot to settle down, she'll chip loudly once to give us a hint of where she is (we're probably looking for her at this point) and then we have to track her down. One time, she was hiding on a shelf in a closet, one time, between vases on the piano, one time, on a lamp's lightbulb that was far above our heads in the bathroom. Our bird freakn' Sam Fisher'd us that time!
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Karl

Post by Karl »

My cat sometimes plays a funny game. She grabs her own leg and starts to bite it. Then she starts to kick herself, still biting her leg . I guess she imagines that she plays with some other cat.
I'm a bookworm!
FarmMan1812

Post by FarmMan1812 »

My cat Hissy, who is only about 6 months old, I saw her trying to kill his first mouse this morning.
When I saw it I was like, "Yeah Hissy. Own That Son Of A BIIIIIII.......scuit eater."
Senator_Sunburst

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

Karlos wrote:My cat sometimes plays a funny game. She grabs her own leg and starts to bite it. Then she starts to kick herself, still biting her leg . I guess she imagines that she plays with some other cat.
This sounds more sad than funny to me. It's like reading a story about a super lonely cat. :[
Zander

Post by Zander »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:
Karlos wrote:My cat sometimes plays a funny game. She grabs her own leg and starts to bite it. Then she starts to kick herself, still biting her leg . I guess she imagines that she plays with some other cat.
This sounds more sad than funny to me. It's like reading a story about a super lonely cat. :[
its making me depressed :<
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

FarmMan1812 wrote:My cat Hissy, who is only about 6 months old, I saw her trying to kill his first mouse this morning.
When I saw it I was like, "Yeah Hissy. Own That Son Of A BIIIIIII.......scuit eater."
Nice Save! :lol:

Another cat I had that my sister decided to name chi chi amour ( :x ) was a mouser. She once woke my mother up by dropping a live frog on her. My mother screamed and threw the still-living frog across the room. Chi chi thought that my mother was playing fetch with her so she ran over, picked up the frog and proudly brought it back, placing the frog right back where she originally put it. This game of Fetch continued for another minute before my mother finally gave up on trying to get back to sleep and tossed both the frog and the cat outside.
My characters
Karl

Post by Karl »

Zander wrote:
Senator_Sunburst wrote:
its making me depressed :<
Uh, I did not mean it by this way xD

I love her very much. I give her as much attention as she wants. I would jump into fire after her.

It just looks funny when she does that. Even weird I would say. Seeing how your cat does a barrel rool on carpet.

Don't think that I'm bad for her or something. She's rude sometimes but I love her anyways.
I'm a bookworm!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I had a dog named smut, because he was black. He had a big doghouse in our backyard, but whenever it rained, he would get out of the doghouse and sit in the rain. He just sat there, staring at the window. It was quite unnerving for me.
My characters
Celtia

Post by Celtia »

Ah, I have plenty of stories up my sleeve. But I think for now I'll drop two stories about my foolish, annoying, but beautiful and agile cat Sasha.

Firstly, there was a time when we saw through a window, her in the backyard bending over and poking at something. It took us a while to recognize it was a mouse, as stiff as a rock. Sasha kept poking at it in interest, even rolling the whole thing over once. At this point, we saw it must be dead as it hadn't moved a muscle. Finally, Sasha got bored and wandered off to hide under the house, a favourite place of hers. Suddenly the mouse twitched, though, looked to each side-apparently perfectly fine-and then bolted for the cover of nearby bushes, clearly not believing its luck. The poor thing had just been petrified out of its wits. ^^'

Then, more a habit than an event, since she did it all the time, was that Sasha would sit outside the back door, scraping at the flywire-making quite a sound-and miaowing CONSTANTLY, unendingly, annoyingly and LOUDLY in a way I have only ever seen Sasha alone of any cat manage to pull off to sound so annoying so often, clearly wanting to be let in. The only thing was, when we opened the back door to let her in, about 50% of the time, she'd look up at us, rooster her head to the side questioningly, before just wandering off, not actually coming in after all that fuss. I swear she just did it to get attention. :roll:
Wisdom trumps experience...but how could one possibly grow wise without experience in the first place?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Our dog always likes to be part of the family, so whenever we sit down at the table to have dinner, he comes over to eat with us (his bowl is right next to the table). It's really adorable, but the thing is, he doesn't like to eat dinner UNLESS we're there. So if we're all just eating whatever, wherever, he sits looking up at us all sad like "Are we going to have dinner?" Awwwww
(Never fear. He eats during the day when we're not home, so I think eating dinner with us is more a bonding thing than him actually needing to eat ;) )
Kylar
Location: In the marmalade forest, between the make believe trees

Post by Kylar »

We had a cat named Momma Cat. She was an outside cat and loved it. One day when my father and I were at a shooting range, my mother was in the kitchen cooking when Momma Cat came in with a bird and placed it at my mother's feet. She was horrified and reached down to toss it out the door. But just as she was about to pick it up it sprang to life and started flying around the room. It must have eaten berries or something because the bird would fly around and hit the walls, and where it hit a wall it would poop blue. So later We return to find mother scraping bird droppings off everything. It looked like a bad Jackson Pollock painting.

Least to say dinner was late that night.
p33wii

Post by p33wii »

One of my friends dogs would always bring their little food pellets to the ground next to their table and eat it there before faithfully getting up and doing it again. And again. And again...And Again.... AANNd AAggaainn.... And ag*Knocked out*.
Jack

Post by Jack »

we have a wooden floor at our house. its very smooth and very slippery. my dog, bud (short for budwiser), likes to run around the house when, someone is at the door, someone calls to him with an excited tone and when someone is offering him food. in short, my dog skates on the wooden floor, all the time! when someones at the door, he just runs to it, barking, and when he tries to stop, he slips on the wooden floor and bangs his head straight in to the door. this happens with tables, chairs and random people standing about.
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

p33wii wrote:One of my friends dogs would always bring their little food pellets to the ground next to their table and eat it there before faithfully getting up and doing it again. And again. And again...And Again.... AANNd AAggaainn.... And ag*Knocked out*.
My dogs do that too sometimes. Its really stupid and annoying but funny at the same time.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

IceKitsune wrote:
p33wii wrote:One of my friends dogs would always bring their little food pellets to the ground next to their table and eat it there before faithfully getting up and doing it again. And again. And again...And Again.... AANNd AAggaainn.... And ag*Knocked out*.
My dogs do that too sometimes. Its really stupid and annoying but funny at the same time.
My dog plays with her food, she'll grab it with her mouth and toss it into the air.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Medli

Post by Medli »

I´ve had more than 50 pets in my life because of my cat Gobi. She was an outside cat and as soon as her kittens left the house, she came back pregnant a few days later ö.ö
Anyways, she shared the parentship with us: Whenever she wanted to leave her "nest"(cardboard box full of towels) to go outside, she first meowed like she was calling for us. She wouldn´t go out unless one of us came and watched for her kittens while she was gone ^_^
<+Vaddie> ... WHY AM I A GIRL ON FIRE WEARING 30 PAIRS OF PANTS ALL OF A SUDDEN
* +SickDynar is like the fountain of youth, except with drool instead of youth.
Aah, I LOVE quotes :3
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I had a parrot who liked to play with my sister. His favorite game was to wait on a ceiling fixture until my sister walked by, then screech at her to announce himself. He would then chase her around the house, trying to attack her. I would just sit and laugh, watching the spectacle. I think that he hated my sister, and I don't know why.
My characters
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

My dad was talking to our cat for the last half hour. He was saying and asking random things, and our cat would respond with a meow. It was really entertaining.
alejandro

Post by alejandro »

My dog smiles whenever she get's excited!

She actually starts grinning!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

My family owns a pair of Pembroke Corgis (so you can imagine my happiness at the reveal of King). We order our dog food online, so we can get the really good stuff, so I guess they've learned to recognize the boxes that come in. So anyways, one day when my mom's sittin' on the ground, working with a pair of scissors to open a box, Bayle the Corgi walks over and begins scratching at it with his nails! :lol: I guess he was trying to help her out!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

My cat keeps attacking me at five in the morning. I swear he's better than an alarm clock! He just grabs an arm and starts chewing/ kicking it until I wake up and let him out of my room. Either that or he sits on my chest and bats my face until I wake up. I should have known he would do something like this when I adopted him, though. His name was and still is Napoleon after all.
My characters
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Dohohohohoho must contribute.

My family has a Jack Russel Terrier Blue Healer mix. One night, we were playing in the front yard with a neighbor, and she was getting riled up. Charging at full speed, she accidentally rammed into my foreleg with her head (my guess is that it was dark and she wasn't paying attention), sending me into a full front flip before I landed on my tush. I sat there stunned, and then laughed.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Final_Silence

Post by Final_Silence »

Lets see strange pet stories... I have a cat and I swear there was a week where she was trying to kill me. She was dropping stuff on my head (including herself!) And then, one morning, I woke up and she was asleep on my face, like she was trying to sufficate me. That was about 2 years ago and we're on good terms now...
I tell you, life ain't easy for a boy named Sue.
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Once my sister's dog, Max (R.I.P.), was a little bit hungry, so he bought down the trash barrel in the front yard and started to look for 'food' BUT before all that happened (about 30 minutes), I ate the remaining cereal for dinner (it was Lucky Charms), when I finished, I threw the cereal box in the trash barrel in the front yard. Later, my dad heard a loud noise, it was the trash barrel, so my family and I went outside and noticed that Max was sniffing the cereal box, the one I threw out some time before, and Max got his head stuck inside the cereal box and started to walk in circles, crash into the walls and shake his head trying to take off the box from his head.
Good times...
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Retinq

Post by Retinq »

I had a pet chicken. When I called her, she came, and when I put her down, she didn't move until i called her again.

Sometimes I feel like my dog knows much more than he lets on. He learned what "look at me" means. He also learned who is "mom". When I said look at mom, he looked at my mother. It was not an accident, I tried it again with the same result.

I have some more stories, but I'm too lazy to post them. :P
ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

My cat learned how to say my name, kinda like a parrot... I was thoroughly surprised! And he goes around saying my name at 6 AM every morning until I wake up.
Shake

Post by Shake »

My family used to have a cat who would run and TACKLE the Christmas tree. We had to keep him locked up in the bedroom during the holidays once he was big enough to actually knock it over.

And when he was younger and was (apparently) teething, he had this habit of gnawing on my mother's and my ankles (he left my dad alone). So we'd end up literally dragging him along the floor and trying to shake him off while walking around the house.
You've shattered my mind and rearranged the pieces into something beautiful.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

My newest cat Napoleon is rather strange. he likes to be my alarm clock it seems. Every morning between 5:30 and 5:45, he sits down on my nightstand by my head, slowly reaches down, and starts to bop me on my head until I wake up. He has left scratches with his playful attitude, and I am not happy when it happens.

My cockatoo hates glasses. Whenever someone with glasses on has him on his shoulders, he grabs them and knocks them off of that person's head. Sometimes he misses and clamps down on a person's ear. That hurts.
My characters