Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

DDeer

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by DDeer »

Joys, the Miku pedal exists (wait for the solo :-) ) https://youtu.be/dBYvVMhEF5o , silly but I like it.

:-)
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:25 am Joys, the Miku pedal exists (wait for the solo :-) ) https://youtu.be/dBYvVMhEF5o , silly but I like it.

:-)
Yeah, kinda strange ... but ... well, okay. Outside of Beastars, I never got too much into manga. All that sweatin' and bellowing..... ;)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Yeah, definitely on the quirky side, apparently Miku is a "vocaloid", a virtual singer that uses a computer to generate the sounds, very popular in Japan, there are videos of her performing to sold out concerts, I kind of like how the whole crowd appears to be getting really into it. Her colour scheme is apparently inspired by a leek!

https://youtu.be/dhYaX01NOfA

As regards Anime and manga I am a great fan of some but not all, Wolfchildren is definitely worth a watch as is any Studio Ghibli, Beastars I really got into at the start but I felt if lost it's way towards the end (yet to see the animated series although that does look good, impressive how they managed to get the feel of the original manga). I loved the looseness of the drawing in it, worked well. Obvious I guess but Osama Tezuka's work is worth checking out varies a lot from comic to grown up themes, wonder 3 is a good one (he even did a version of Bambi).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Thanks for the education, DDeer. Much appreciated.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

A pleasure
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My physical therapist seems to think I am making progress with my sciatica!
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Glad to hear it, Dayzee.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"Progress is our most important product." Oh, wait, that's General Electric. sigh.

Anywhoms, glad for your gooder news, Amazz.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now I just have to hope I can CONTINUE improving.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Fella at church asked me if I had a dog, so I told him about Sophie. He was a little surpized when I told him we hadn't planned on getting another one and was a bit persistant about it. He means well, but a bit of a bring down.

Truth is, of course I have. I sometimes look at dog sites, especially for shelties and rough collees, I guess just to somehow reassure myself the possibility is there. We never saw Sophie as a puppy so I think about what she might have looked like when young. Some of the ads show short videos of the puppies running around and being frisky, cute, and beguiling. They're fun to watch in a kind of wistful sort of mood. But, of course, since Sophie was a mix who knows what she looked like then, and her "puppyhood" was pretty sombre. The missus doesn't like "baby" animals anyways.

Dream food, I guess.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Nichelle Nichols of Star Trek: The Original Series fame has died at age 89.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

NHWestoN wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:53 pm Fella at church asked me if I had a dog, so I told him about Sophie. He was a little surpized when I told him we hadn't planned on getting another one and was a bit persistant about it. He means well, but a bit of a bring down.

Truth is, of course I have. I sometimes look at dog sites, especially for shelties and rough collees, I guess just to somehow reassure myself the possibility is there. We never saw Sophie as a puppy so I think about what she might have looked like when young. Some of the ads show short videos of the puppies running around and being frisky, cute, and beguiling. They're fun to watch in a kind of wistful sort of mood. But, of course, since Sophie was a mix who knows what she looked like then, and her "puppyhood" was pretty sombre. The missus doesn't like "baby" animals anyways.

Dream food, I guess.
When my last dog died, it was over a year before I was open to getting another one. A pet isn't something you can just replace. Maybe one day you'll be ready for another one.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: My sciatica kept me up all night and I have to go to work at 3 PM.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Gosg, Amazz, sciatica is usually not that persistent for younger folks - I'm so sorry for your affliction.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Sorry to hear about your current struggles Amazee, hope you feel better soon, muscular or joint pain is no fun.

I guess never say never Weston, I'm sure no other companion would be a replacement for Sophie so to speak, but you never know, another soul may also find a place in your family, time will tell I guess, if Mrs Weston is not keen on pups maybe a more mature dog? Can imagine people assuming you would just go out and get another would be pretty irksome even if they mean well.

No harm in dreaming.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: My vacation to North Carolina is coming up on Tuesday and I am still no better from this pain which apparently is called neural tension. I don't care what it is, I just want it gone. :roll:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hope your vacation is going enjoyably, Amazz. Whereabouts are you in NC (we lived there for 25 years)?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I was in Greensboro for four years for college and loved the area. The college on the other paw…
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

University of North Carolina at Greensboro, trek? It is an interesting town.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

A.I generated art is terrifying. The tool itself isn't, but the implications (and the fact that big corpo will kill for any chance to throw human workers under the bus to save costs) makes me feel powerless and completely useless.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:43 am A.I generated art is terrifying. The tool itself isn't, but the implications (and the fact that big corpo will kill for any chance to throw human workers under the bus to save costs) makes me feel powerless and completely useless.
Well you aren't. So there. Plbbbbt! :D

Seriously, you aren't. Keep going, bud. There's always going to be people preferring people.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Thanks, Welsh.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Figured you needed a slight grin.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:43 pm University of North Carolina at Greensboro, trek? It is an interesting town.
No, Guilford College. A lot of the staff at that school, were unfortunately , rather condescending. (Friendly school, my tail.) This actually rather brings me nicely(?) along to…

Irritation: My alma mater keeps hectoring me about donations. Feels like they’re trying to guilt trip me. They guilted me enough when I was a student there, thank you.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I have to smile at your dilemma, trek. Being a prof, I get regular dunnings from the sschools I attended AND the university where I taught for a quarter-century. Since I feel we were all grossly underpaid, I feel no pangs of conscience when I give that mailing "The Big Rrrrrrrripppper-Rrrrooonnneeeee!" and into the recycle the confetti flies. They can "sip my sweat-equity". ;) :lol: :evil:
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

I think (and hope) there will always be a place for non AI art, I bought a painting recently, I could of course have just taken a photo of the same scene, but whilst it may well have been a near perfect reproduction it would have not had the artists interpretation of that particular view.

Joy, got some new boots at a bargain price so I can trot along in style (some part of me anyway!) :-)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: My 11/12th year old cat died this morning. :cry:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:33 pm Sorrow: My 11/12th year old cat died this morning. :cry:
I'm sorry for your grief and loss, Amazz. I still miss Andy, and I know you miss your little chum.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Sorry to hear that Amazee, my condolences.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Thank you for all of your condolences. We dropped him off for cremation at 2:30 PM today and we need to pick out an urn.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Condolences, Dayzee.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

My sympathies, Dayzee.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Starting to feel a bit better.

Sorrow: The feeling never really lasts.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joy: Got myself a new job! I'll be a tour guide at a nature park, teaching tourists all about Tasmanian Devils and kangaroos and birds and plants, and of course, feeding and caring for the animals! It'll be heaps of fun and pays way better than my current retail job! I can't wait to start in 4 weeks time!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Play up the Drop Bears(!)
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Terrific, Welsh !! Beats the heck outta peddling socks for a living. Enjoy!! :D
Last edited by NHWestoN on Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Yay! That sounds like a great fit for you :D
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Congratulations, that sounds like it'll be right up your street, well done on getting the job.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Congratulations, Hlaoroo!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Congratulations, Hlaoroo!