Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah no kidding. I can tell slowly but surely my mother is getting ready to lose it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yah keep telling yerself over and over and over .... This. Stuff. Ends. This. Stuff. Ends. This. Stuffs. ENDS!!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: We are getting a dumpster tomorrow so anything we aren't taking we can go and junk!

Sorrow: I'm anxious for the movers because I'm worried they are gonna make a mess of my room.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:34 pm Joy: We are getting a dumpster tomorrow so anything we aren't taking we can go and junk!

Sorrow: I'm anxious for the movers because I'm worried they are gonna make a mess of my room.
Dumpsters are vastly underrated.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Joy: Had a great time this afternoon with my Elite Dangerous player group. Eight or nine of us showed up and we broke off into groups for some coordinated combat. One of the senior members was kind enough to show me the ropes since I'm new to the group, and once we all found our rhythm is was a lot of fun. This game is the best because I'm always meeting new people, which I've missed during this pandemic.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:12 pm Joy: Had a great time this afternoon with my Elite Dangerous player group. Eight or nine of us showed up and we broke off into groups for some coordinated combat. One of the senior members was kind enough to show me the ropes since I'm new to the group, and once we all found our rhythm is was a lot of fun. This game is the best because I'm always meeting new people, which I've missed during this pandemic.
Yay, fun!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joy: I wore my pride flag pin as a small show of support every day for Pride Month and received nothing but positive and supportive comments on it. I'm lucky to live in such a great area!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Y'are, indeed, Hla! Bravo!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: We thought that this house wasn't gonna give us any problems but it looks like this house actually is just as bad, if not WORSE than the other house we wanted and there are so many things we have to deal with (which is why I was away for a week since I was trying to acclimate). One refrigerator is completely dead and the other leaks, the deck is rotted, some of the outlets in the house don't work and to top ot all off and this is what aggravates me the most, the bifold door for my closet in my room is broken. -_-
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: My board exams aren't that far away, after which that's a really big obstacle behind me for good!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sorry to hear about al that, Dayzee, that really sucks. Do you know if they divulged any of that when the previous owners were selling the house?

Good luck, Sleet.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Nope they didn't and the only thing that the home inspector said was that the refrigerator needed to have the ice maker connected and NOT that the refrigerator was completely dead.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:39 am Nope they didn't and the only thing that the home inspector said was that the refrigerator needed to have the ice maker connected and NOT that the refrigerator was completely dead.
If you do not have a lawyer, your folks need one now! I smell a lot of potential "failure to disclose" on behalf of the agent, the inspector, and the sellers going just on what you've said. Now there are always two sides to these things but it certainly sounds like you need some solid legal counsel (and not just a sympathetic geezer venting on a fansite!).
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I agree with Weston. Make sure you have all the documentation, so the attorneys can check through them.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

My father said he is going to get in touch with someone and see what we can do since everything is going 1000 miles a minute and we haven't gotten a chance to catch our breath yet.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Good. Glad your dad's getting in touch with someone, though I'm sorry this is happening at all.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I just want to be able to get used to the house and my new surroundings without worrying what the next issue is going to be.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Don't blame you, Dayzee. Moving can be stressful enough, without having to worry about stuff like this.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Exactly, trek! Moving into a new house should not turn into a Micheal Myers movie featuring "the catastrophe of the day" everyday. :x
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: We found out what was wrong with the outlets that weren't working for some reason and it was an easy fix. Turns out one of the wall-switches turns the outlet on. Why the house is set up like this I have no clue.

But we still have to deal with refrigerator 1 being broken (the inspector who came over while we were trying to clean up the old house said that the compressor is gone), refrigerator 2 is leaking, a rotted deck and the bifold closet door in my room still needs to somehow be put back on the track.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

My parents’ house is set up like that. Is your current house pretty old? It might be a feature of older houses. Make sure you document all your expenses when fixing this stuff.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

How did the sellers and their agent not know about the fridges? What did the inspector inspect?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

They told us that it was the ice machine that wasn't working and it had to be hooked up. That was the only thing that was said. The FIRST night we found out it wasn't getting cold and that was the reason.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:12 am They told us that it was the ice machine that wasn't working and it had to be hooked up. That was the only thing that was said. The FIRST night we found out it wasn't getting cold and that was the reason.
Sounds bogus.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am pretty sure the former owners just didn't want to deal with it and decided to let the next people that moved in (us) deal with it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:06 am I am pretty sure the former owners just didn't want to deal with it and decided to let the next people that moved in (us) deal with it.
Well ... and I don't want to be a boor ... a lawyer might see that differently. You may have a misrepresentation here (that the fridge was, at least by implicaton, working) and, at least, "Sheesh-what-a-bunch-of-jerks!" But I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on this forum..... ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trust me I don't get my law advice from online lawyers. I get my medical diagnosis's from online doctors but I draw the line at getting law advice from online lawyers. LOL
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:07 pm Trust me I don't get my law advice from online lawyers. I get my medical diagnosis's from online doctors but I draw the line at getting law advice from online lawyers. LOL
Haven't gone "Teledoc" yet myself but these that'll come........
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Some cautiously optimistic joy: There is a very, very, very, very, very small and slight chance that my mom and my aunt's friend might end uo buying the old house which means we don't have to give it away to a stranger who buys it completely and we can still go there and visit.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hope that comes to pass, Amazz. Gosh, it's hot today (pardon the diversion.)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah pretty sure its not coming to pass. Mostly because of my loser uncle who mooched off my grandmother for the last 11 years of her life is outraged that we are selling the house and thinks his sisters (my mother and my two aunts) are getting something that he is not. My mother and my aunt keep on saying that he might do something to the house in his drunken rage because the only thing he does is drink and go from job to job (quitting, not getting fired either) and when he is drunk it is a category 5 hurricane.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joy: My other sister is pregnant! Imma be an uncle X2! :D
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Congrats, Hilaoroo! Congrats to your sister as well!
Last edited by trekkie on Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Wonderful news, Hlaoroo! Congrats to you and your sister. :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Great Yippees there, Hla!!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Looks like I spoke too soon. My aunt tends to be an alarmist and a Debbie Downer about these sort of things. She jumped to the worst case scenario. Said friend is STILL interested in buying the house.

Sorrow: My grandfather, the only living one I have left who lives in an assistant living home in Vermont close to the Canadian border broke his hip and needs surgery. He's in his 80s. Going into surgery in two days. During the coronavirus pandemic.

I do not need to lose a third grandparent. Especially since 5 months ago I lost my grandmother.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Congrats to your family, Hlaoroo.

Hoping the best for your grandfather, Dayzee.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Thanks. This is something I really don't need at all.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:06 am Thanks. This is something I really don't need at all.
Prayers and best wishes for your Granddad. Surgery is no fun, especially in the hip ... at 80 years of age ... in this current environment. :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is why I am so uneasy about it.