Moderator: ArcWolf

CryosR

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by CryosR »

Sorrow: I don't think I belong here...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You really shouldn't think like that. I would like to think that the forum is a place for EVERYBODY that likes the comic. That is what it was made for.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

CryosR wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:31 pm Sorrow: I don't think I belong here...
You do, Cryos.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... so it's not like that person needs to climb on a pony ... ? Sheesh, I'm old. :? :roll:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

NHWestoN wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:44 pm ... so it's not like that person needs to climb on a pony ... ? Sheesh, I'm old. :? :roll:
You're only as old as your imagination. And, if you're here, your imagination is young and vital.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

What do you mean by that, CryosR?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

You seem to fit in quite well, actually. I'm glad yer here.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:39 pm You really shouldn't think like that. I would like to think that the forum is a place for EVERYBODY that likes the comic. That is what it was made for.
And everybody pretty much likes each other, too!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Starting to stand up a little straighter and have less pain!
CryosR

Post by CryosR »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:15 am Joy: Starting to stand up a little straighter and have less pain!
I'm happy to hear that
CryosR

Post by CryosR »

I shouldn't be venting about my petty problems here, probably a mixture of my autism, burnout after working December at Wal-mart, and how I never have anything interesting to say and have come in so late that I'm just a little whiny moron who, if I try harder, will end up making everyone mad
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CryosR wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:57 pm I shouldn't be venting about my petty problems here, probably a mixture of my autism, burnout after working December at Wal-mart, and how I never have anything interesting to say and have come in so late that I'm just a little whiny moron who, if I try harder, will end up making everyone mad
This forum is actually a pretty good place to just sigh and exhale when life gets to be a bit much, Cyros. Be not dismayed. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is pretty much what people do when they are not discussing the comic. If you have problems with your life you can come here to talk about them! Nobody will ever judge you. :)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:51 pm That is pretty much what people do when they are not discussing the comic. If you have problems with your life you can come here to talk about them! Nobody will ever judge you. :)
Yup.
CryosR

Post by CryosR »

Thank you, everyone

I think I'm really starting to hate winter, at least counting the "official" winter months of December, January, February (living in Canada winter weather starts anytime from mid October to mid November), December is crazy month in retail, January is when I'm burned out and making less money and February... I was dumped on Valentine's Day on two separate occasions and while I like chocolate I don't indulge enough to enjoy the cheap sales, and that's before you add in the bundling up just to take out the trash and the roads being a pain to drive on.

I need a vacation but a new policy at work just pays out all but 40 hours of your vacation time at the start of january so I don't have enough time to take a two week vacation (we used to be able to roll over 105 hours of vacation time).

Joy: I'm managing to write again, hopefully I'll be able to get something out soon
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

CryosR, I’m Just chiming in to say I work and while it isn’t my last favorite job, (that being in a warehouse) I understand the stress/annoyances that come with it, and I certainly won’t judge you. If you want to PM me feel free, I might be able to give you some advice, maybe not good advice, but … Anyways, this thread is made, in part, for venting so, like Dayzee and Weston said, don’t feel bad about doing so.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Managed to wake up with not a lot of pain today but...

Sorrow: My SI joint was flaring up so BAD last night I didn't fall asleep until 5 in the morning. This was after taking 2 Tylenol Regular Strength, 1 800 MG ibuprofen, 2 Zzzquil gummies and 1 5 MG pill of melatonin. I was in pain for 5 hours.
CryosR

Post by CryosR »

trekkie wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:54 pm CryosR, I’m Just chiming in to say I work and while it isn’t my last favorite job, (that being in a warehouse) I understand the stress/annoyances that come with it, and I certainly won’t judge you. If you want to PM me feel free, I might be able to give you some advice, maybe not good advice, but … Anyways, this thread is made, in part, for venting so, like Dayzee and Weston said, don’t feel bad about doing so.
Thanks, but it's hard to not feel bad about whining, I've heard the "appeal to worse problems" argument when I was a kid a lot when ever I complained about anything and the whole "first world problems" thing makes me hesitant to even voice my own problems since even if someone isn't trying to blast me for it whenever I hear about someone else's worse problems I just feel like garbage for even pretending that my problems are real.

so what if I'm depressed, at least I have a job and a home... now I feel even more depressed sorry... shouldn't complain. gonna try to go back to writing
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Directly outside my flat (Well, almost directly and five floors down) I have a badly designed traffic calming measure that, in my opinion causes more problems than it's sorted. It sometimes causes tailbacks in the downhill direction as it narrows the road and gives priority to those coming uphill. It's supposed to have a reciprocal one but, due to road layout, doesn't. It's a nothing problem. But I still complain about it on occasions. Why? Because it irritates ME. there's no need for it to be there. It slows nothing in the off peak hours and helps nothing in the peak hours. It's very much a '1st world' problem but it's MY primary annoyance as I see it every day.

If it annoys you? Stuff the '1st world problem'. It's A problem. And you have the right to complain on it.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CryosR

Post by CryosR »

A customer got mad at me and triggered a depressive attack, all she said was "I have mental illness too" while I was visibly crying and she was getting mad at a manager nearby about me.

I was trying to help another customer and when she asked me where tupperware was all I could do was gesture to where I thought it might be since I didn't know and I was waiting for the first customer to catch up. I told her that if she wanted to punch me then she could since I already felt like crap from thinking about this thread. I tried to avoid her after telling her I was depressed and she said "that's no excuse" or something... I don't remember... I said "thank you for telling me being depressed is wrong," I'm sure she thought I was being sarcastic but I think I was being serious since at times I feel like depression isn't a real thing... She followed me around trying to get me name then talked to a manager to get my name... I dropped my vest and box cutter on the floor and almost quit since I was sure I was fired. After they told me I wasn't I forced myself to go back to work...

I still feel like garbage, working the same loser job for 12 years as a total failure... should I have posted this somewhere else? I feel so wrong just dumping my pointless problems here for other people to stare at when it's all in my own head...

Break's over, going back to work...

might be on discord later, Cryos#8911, not sure if I'll check here after work

Cryos#8911
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Very, very long ago and far away, I worked at a cafeteria in a long closed U.S. Air Force Base. It was in the same building as the PX ("Post Exchange", basically a department store that offered service members, their families and guests lower prices than available on the civilian market).

The Airmen (and women) usually were polite, but the rudeness and inconsideration of many of the civilians was apalling. I often wondered if there was some mystic symbol on our unwashable aprons that said "Despise me, please" to some Illuminati among the clientel.

The boss lady used to tell me "The customer is always right, but the customer ain`t always bright" or "Kinda pathetic, aren't they?" I appreciated the gesture (and accepted that it was true) but it still stung. It was somewhat mitigated by having a colleague who sang bass in the choir. He always made sure, whatever was done to him, to say "I hope you have a very, very nice day" but to do it in a tone and with a facial expression that seemed to say, "Some day, I'm going to eat your liver." Maybe he was the model for Hannibal Lecter.

I'm sorry you have to put up with that horse-hockey, Cy. People can ask for service without being belittling.
CryosR

Post by CryosR »

Thank you, I do feel better now, a bit. Going to think about my writing or something, bleh brain tired

back on topic

Joy: finally beat Prince of Persia Warrior within

Sorrow: Prince of Persia Two Thrones keeps disconnecting my game pad
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I have a day off before I am on for the next three days!

Sorrow: I ended up sleeping through a fair bit of it.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

SUPER JOY: GOLDENEYE IS FINALLY COMING TO SWITCH AND XBOX ON FRIDAY!!!!!! *happy wolf dance*
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

SeanWolf wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:16 pm SUPER JOY: GOLDENEYE IS FINALLY COMING TO SWITCH AND XBOX ON FRIDAY!!!!!! *happy wolf dance*
Goldeneye, he'll play what he pleases..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGPBFvDz_HM
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Tired today. No more to say. :|
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

My brother's funeral was yesterday, and today saw his three "kids" and my youngest daughter off on the bus to Logan Airport. Since all four are between forty and thirty-seven, calling them "kids" seems a little malaprop. Despite the circumstances, it was good to see Richard's bunch - we had not seen Kevin in this century (he lives in Texas) and hadn't seen his two girls in an even longer stretch. Some long over due reconciliations, too.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Richard Belzer, aka John Munch from Law and Order: SVU died.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:43 am Sorrow: Richard Belzer, aka John Munch from Law and Order: SVU died.
... and don't forget Homicide: Life on the Streets, one of my favorite shows for a very long time where Detective Munch's sad, cynical face first appeared. Wonderful cast, engaging plots, contemporary story lines, and some first-rate female and african-american characters who were not just "walk-ons" but played serious and extended roles. Thanks for it all, Belz!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I forgot it because I didn't watch it. To be honest, I could only get into SVU and none of the other series. That is a shame though.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Beltzer was John Munch in:-

Homicide:- Life on the Streets
Law & Order:- Special Victims Unit
Law & Order
Law & Order:- Trial by Jury
Arrested Development
The Beat
The X-Files
The Wire
American Dad
30 Rock

And John Munch is mentioned in an Episode of the British Police Drama 'Luthor' as a contact in the New York Special Victims Unit
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

The John Munch Cinematic Universe, lol.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
CryosR

Post by CryosR »

I'm on vacation
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Turning in early tonight. It's been a long month. :|
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Oof.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

Hope you wake up refreshed, Weston.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Today was 20 years since the Station Nightclub Fire happened over her and claimed the lives of 100 victims. Hope they are all resting in peace.
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

Wow, I never heard of that event before. May they rest and be honored on this day.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The information on everything that happened as well as the aftermath is here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stati ... tclub_fire

There is also a VIDEO of the start of the fire plus the log jam that resulted in so many deaths on YouTube.
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

It really is a tragic shame, seems like a lot could have prevented this.