Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: The pain seemed to have leveled out over the night.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:18 pm
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:56 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:37 pm Small plushies can be quite charming, and they're pretty relaxed, unstressing company. Theyll always let you have the last cup of coffee in the pot.
Suspects NHWestoN is, secretly, a small plushie.
Can't be. I'll always take the last cup of coffee!! ;) 8-) :roll:
Feeling burnt out at present but this brought a smile to my face, surreal and sublime, I have to say so far said plushie is very low maintenance and can confirm no beverage conflicts as of yet.

Glad you are feeling better Amazee.

Joy, have the log burner going and a hazy beer chilling in the fridge.
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hope those get your fires relit, DDeer. ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sorrow: my brother was back under the knife this morning, threatened by internal bleeding and possible organ failure.

Joy: They turned it around and got him repaired. He's still unconscious but looking dramatically better than when this whole ordeal began twenty-four hours ago.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Prayed for your brother.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Harry Johnathan wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:22 am Prayed for your brother.
For which, on this Thanksgiving Day, we are deeply thankful, Harry.
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

Joy: I could get a few Cities: Skylines DLCs with 80% discount
I dunno, just imagine something funny here

And also just to advertise myself:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/chieris/
https://www.deviantart.com/dangraythewolf
Retrospring for my Housepets characters: https://retrospring.net/@Garfield474
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Hoping the best for your brother, Weston.
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

May your brother heal quickly.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Thanks, friends. Just got off the phone with his missus. He's still pretty much out of it but a lot better than he was yesterday. Healing is a process and, after this kinda surgery, you're processsing soooo much. Hope your holidays were a joy.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Hoping your brother is on the road to recovery Weston. Glad the surgery went well.
Harry Johnathan

My OCD is getting worse. I did some bad stuff recently, I don't want to really talk about and it's a minor issue anyway, but afterwards I had these thoughts, these urges, this feeling that God was gonna "discipline" me by making sure I never finished a story i really wanted to write, and that if I didn't comply God would kill my mother and send me to Hell. I know that this sounds stupid and crazy, and I keep trying to work up the courage to defy my thoughts, but I'm so scared of Hell and for my mom's safety that I just gave into the thoughts, not wanting to risk it. And I feel really depressed right now, like, I just don't wanna do anything, I don't wanna write or draw, i barely eat and I sleep terribly. I haven't even taken a shower for days on end, there's just trash all over my room and I sit around on my computer, pestering priests for theological advice all day and in constant fear of demons and spirits that are supposedly after me.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Sorry to hear you are not doing so well at present Harry, I am by no means an expert but for my part I would say religion can be a great comfort but fearing a higher being is going to punish you extremely severely for every slight mistake or misstep you make sounds like a recipe for unhappiness to me and could end up in a vicious cycle where you are unhappy so you do something bad and then feel guilty and unhappy and so on. I think you need to try and take a step back and hopefully be able to see things in a more rational light (not easy I appreciate if you are not sleeping or eating well).

I have always thought the phrase God fearing was an odd one and maybe this is a case of taking that sentiment too far, getting advice from multiple religious (or other) sources on the internet however well meaning they are may just confuse you still further in your current state I worry.

These things can go in cycles remember you will not always feel this way. Take care of yourself Harry and don't be too hard on yourself, no one is perfect and any that claim they are almost certainly aren't.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I want to be very, very, very careful here because I am not any kind of medical professional, Harry, but it really sounds like you are very isolated in your agonies ... and isolation in these circumstances is not good. Equally concerning is your sense of being immobilized, that you can't bring yourself to do much of anything. I devotely hope you can get some kind of assistance which involves face-to-face conversation with a trained counselor. I'm not sure what can meet your needs but, from what you say, pastoral counseling (at least from internet contacts) is not giving you comfort or reassurance. I dn't mean to be unhelpful but, truthfully and sorrowfully, I cannot help you. What I can tell you is there are those who can.

My brother may be going back into surgery again tonight or tomorrow. Complications, as they say.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sorry to double up, folks.

Brother's out of surgery after a couple of stents and a couple of major pipe re-works. Prognosis is now dramatically better. Whew! :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: My family is organizing a trip for the younger children to go and see Santa and look at the lights in a pretty display but I can't go because I still am dealing with back issues.
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

Harry, as a sufferer of OCD and someone who was raised Christian, let me tell you that Christianity teaches Gods constant love and he would never send you to hell or kill your mother over writing a story. In fact, he’d have put you on this Earth for you to accomplish what you are best at. Does writing that story hurt anyone? If not, then you should follow that dream. It may take a long while, but I believe you will conquer those monsters in your head controlling your life like this. And it will feel so liberating, but in the mean time, just don’t be so hard on yourself. The fact that you care this much about your mother says a lot about you. Just breathe and keep your head up.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: They finally took the 20 or so bags of leaves we picked up in our yards away today!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:45 pm Joy: They finally took the 20 or so bags of leaves we picked up in our yards away today!
Good-bye to Autumn, eh?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well my mother would rather have autumn over the season that is coming up next as she hates the cold and snow. :lol: But she probably prefers the summer more.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:00 pm Well my mother would rather have autumn over the season that is coming up next as she hates the cold and snow. :lol: But she probably prefers the summer more.
I know how the seasons read, but somehow I got it into my head as a child that winter began on December First. Today wouldah been a good candidate, though - seriously cold and yucky.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: It is now December so for me it feels even MORE Christmas-y. :mrgreen:
CryosR

Post by CryosR »

Joy: black Friday Weekend is over

Sorrow: I have to go back to work
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: My MacBook Pro got a new update but now it won't let me select text that isn't non-continuous anymore.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sorrow: Well, brother is back on the ventilator after an unexpectedly rough night. We visited him this anoon - pretty heavily sedated but still keeping up the fight.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Keeping your brother in my thoughts, Weston.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am so sorry for what is going on with your brother Weston. I will also be praying for you and your family.
Harry Johnathan

Prayed again.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Well, that sucks, praying for you all, Weston.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Thinking of you and your brother Weston, hoping for better news soon.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Despite going to bed early, I still woke up REALLY tired and when I am tired I get depressed for some reason.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Much gratitude for the prayers, friends. Had some better news this afternoon. While my brother's still on the venilator, they've cut back on the sedatives and he's frequently open-eyed conscious. Small progress, perhaps, but progress its is. :)
Harry Johnathan

Yay!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Last night, my brother came off the venilator and had a better day today. Not talking much, still BTS ("Beat-to-Stuff"), but he's conscious and watching the sports channel (good for the heart, right?).
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

Great to hear he’s doing better. What sports is he into?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I think I finally got a hang of the game Solitaire!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

MischaTheWolf wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:07 pm Great to hear he’s doing better. What sports is he into?
Patriots football ... which may not be the most healing activities to watch on a venilator.

And ... since you were gracious enough to ask, Mischa ... today was better. He's sitting up, doing a little physical therapy, and cranky as an Infernal. Still got a long way to go but this is a couple of steps forward. :) ;)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Could be worse could be a Houston Texans fan. Glad to hear he’s doing better.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Actually, I just got off the phone with his missus ... he's getting wheeled back into the lab for a CT scan to check on assorted organs. All part of the process, intrusive and interminable as it may be.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

My brother passed out of this world very early this morning at 1:00 am (in the morning). Femoral artery surgery is punishing at best and his vascular system was not in the best of shape to begin with. Things pretty much collapsed Thursday night when he went into a coma and his sytems began to flicker and light out. We put him on pallitative care yesterday and nature took its course over yesterday.

Richard was 68. We only saw each other episodically because I moved around a lot, but we did keep in contact. I'd seen his health slip over the last couple of years, so when he went into the hospital, I knew the odds were uncertain. It's kinda perverse to outlive your younger siblings but probably t'won`t be by much. Still, Richard had a good life. I'll miss him.

"Life is a cooperative venture. We're all in it together. Nobody' gets out of it alive." Pogo Possum.
"I know that my Redeemer lives." Job.

Thanks to all of you for your kindness, your concern, and your Prayers.