Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by SeanWolf »

As for me? I'm looking forward to Biomutant and Resident Evil: Village this month, with Biomutant probably being my most anticipated title.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Nothing of biomutant particularly caught my interest if thats the game I'm thinking about with the animals and possibly the action platforming? if I remember?

But, I have seriously been debating if I want Village or not. I definitely had fun with re 4 and this seems to be the first person spiritual sequel to that and I'm very much about it. And from the demos and things they've thrown out it seems to be pretty fun, Mercenaries is also just a fun bonus.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

JayBarker wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:32 am Nothing of biomutant particularly caught my interest if thats the game I'm thinking about with the animals and possibly the action platforming? if I remember?

But, I have seriously been debating if I want Village or not. I definitely had fun with re 4 and this seems to be the first person spiritual sequel to that and I'm very much about it. And from the demos and things they've thrown out it seems to be pretty fun, Mercenaries is also just a fun bonus.
Yep, that's the one. I've been looking forward to it for years now and I'm happy it's finally coming out.

Resident Evil Village, for me? I would like to get it sometime as I've enjoyed most of the RE games though the demo didn't really do much for me, unlike the RE7 demo. Mercenaries looks fun (Loved it in Revelations 2) and I know I'll be spending plenty of hours there.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Would you happen to know off the top of your head if that Re PVP think is attached to village? or is it its own thing? I remember there was going to be a beta for it but then it stopped. Its the one where you can be like, random all star characters from the series and you're just kinda fighting it out. I think when you die you become a Tyrant.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

JayBarker wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:48 am Would you happen to know off the top of your head if that Re PVP think is attached to village? or is it its own thing? I remember there was going to be a beta for it but then it stopped. Its the one where you can be like, random all star characters from the series and you're just kinda fighting it out. I think when you die you become a Tyrant.
I think it's its own thing ala RE: Resistance, but it recently was delayed until the Summer. Honestly, the beta for it was fine, just really needed some work.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Aww man, I wanted to get into the beta and see if ht was interesting or not. I guess I missed it. Shoot.
Dogglar

Post by Dogglar »

oh no
Attachments
escape-from-tarkov-battle-for-concordia.jpg
escape-from-tarkov-battle-for-concordia.jpg (369.72 KiB) Viewed 6518 times
B.E.A.R. PMC
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Eek!
Finished Eternal Sonata, really enjoyed that game and so did Mrs Deer, too few good multiplayer RPGs on the PS3, on the face of it this game really shouldn't work (Chopin fighting winged goats and levitating fish etc.) But in it's own quirky way it does.

Daunted
Disproportionately Dappled
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is because its always the unique games that are the most fun. I find that to be true in most cases.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Just playing catch-up on a few games I've been wanting to play again (like Zombie Army 4 - want to give that another shot, Disneyland Adventures, and Genesis Noir...which the later went from an interesting detective noir story to going straight up Pink Floyd at the end), along with a couple new ones that popped up on Game Pass, like D&D Dark Alliance, which I do NOT recommend at all (VERY buggy and clunky). Also decided to redownload Battlefield Hardline, my favorite in the BF series, as the trailer for Battlefield 2045 got me wanting to play it again (Not Battlefield 5, that game disappointed me greatly).

Also, if y'all want a totally random yet fun game to check out, look up Viva Pinata; a fun, relaxing farming "simulator" where you raise sentient pinatas on a tropical island (the sequel, Trouble In Paradise, is fun too).
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

For anybody that's interested in Dungeons & Dragons, I found something on Steam that I think y'all might be VERY interested in.

It's a game called Talespire and it allows you to bring your D&D world to life by allowing you to build just about anything and everything you could possibly need, as well as animate the figures for you in a way you might animate them in your hand to show them doing something.

I often wondered if there would ever be a D&D video game. Well, here it is!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/720620/TaleSpire/
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

The Blue Fox wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:52 am For anybody that's interested in Dungeons & Dragons, I found something on Steam that I think y'all might be VERY interested in.

It's a game called Talespire and it allows you to bring your D&D world to life by allowing you to build just about anything and everything you could possibly need, as well as animate the figures for you in a way you might animate them in your hand to show them doing something.

There have been, like, 100s of D&D games.

The first ever videogame with a boss fight was DnD for computers in 1975. And the Mattle Intellivision famously had, like, 3 D&D games for it in the early 80s.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:32 pm
The Blue Fox wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:52 am For anybody that's interested in Dungeons & Dragons, I found something on Steam that I think y'all might be VERY interested in.

There have been, like, 100s of D&D games.

The first ever videogame with a boss fight was DnD for computers in 1975. And the Mattle Intellivision famously had, like, 3 D&D games for it in the early 80s.
Really? Huh. I was not aware of ANY D&D videogames, let alone there being that many.
I was born in 1988, so 1975 and the early 80s is a bit before my time.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

I think they just released another DnD game like, just short of 3 months ago whos name I'm forgetting. It had some issues at launch though so I'm pretty sure it's gonna fade out of the public eye pretty fact. uhhhhh, DARK ALLIANCE, That's it.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

I've been playing Biomutant on and off since it's release. It seems to be one of those happy coincidences where all the strange decisions the developer made just happen to suit my taste. So while I can understand why some of the stuff it does could turn other people off, I just get to enjoy it. :mrgreen:
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

I think as of today Ubisoft announced a game called "Tom Clancy's XD efiant." I both love and hate that it exists.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Decided to boot up Steam and check out a couple of games I've been meaning to play, first of which being the LucasArts Western FPS 'Outlaws'. MAN I wish I heard of this game when I was young as this is a fun title (Contrary to the reviews, it runs smoothly with no issues on modern systems).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Glad to hear that you really like the game! I have a lot of games I think I would have enjoyed and wished I heard about when I was younger.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Outlaws is not a game I'm familiar with, looks intriguingly retro. Ubisoft games always look pretty good to me, had a few of their titles way back.
Currently trying to get further on Final Fantasy X the HD remaster having completed Eternal Sonata, need to up level more.
Disproportionately Dappled
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

I never was itno lucas arts games( out side of the starwars ones that made it to consoles) as a kid, but I might now that I have a computer that can run. . .well anything. Actually, wait, Wasn't Mercenaries a lucas arts game? Then maybe. I'm told they were very fun, especially the point and click games.

I'm also surprised no one is talking about the Switch Pro that Steam is going on about.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

*looks around then grabs Marion as a shield*
So...I just played the game Drake Of The 99 Dragons (the PC port); a game that is considered by basically the entire gaming community as the WORST GAME EVER MADE...and? It's not as bad as everyone said it is. Yes, there are some legitamate issues with the game (biggest being it's too easy to die) but it's not this broken mess people made it out to be. Heck, I think it's actually a fun game.
JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

SeanWolf wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:02 am *looks around then grabs Marion as a shield*
So...I just played the game Drake Of The 99 Dragons (the PC port); a game that is considered by basically the entire gaming community as the WORST GAME EVER MADE...and? It's not as bad as everyone said it is. Yes, there are some legitamate issues with the game (biggest being it's too easy to die) but it's not this broken mess people made it out to be. Heck, I think it's actually a fun game.
You can have fun with a broken mess. There was this weird game called "Ragdoll kungfu" From Sprint of all people on the ps3, it was jank and awful, but me and my friends had a lot of fun with it. Maybe you just have a higher tolerance for those kind of things?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Games that suck hard can be made fun if you don't think too much about them and just go along with whatever they are putting out. I mean it isn't impossible to have fun with a bad game you just need to be a bit more out-of-the-box. I'm convinced that is what AVGN does.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

I keep a few game-disasters around. 'Cause sometimes I just like to laugh at a train as it goes off the rails. :mrgreen:

I'm not the type of player who throws his controller at the screen. If a game is that frustrating I just start to treat it as a joke.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

I think the only game that ever got me frustrated to the point of ALMOST throwing the controller was 'Conker: Live & Reloaded' (GAH that game was difficult and, dare I say it, not fun. The mulitplayer's fun but not the campaign).

Speaking of which, my Xbox One died (had it since 2015) so I've been playing more PC games lately, until I can get the Xbox Series X (as it has a disc drive and 90% of my collection is disc-based). Mostly been fooling around in Garry's Mod but I do play the other games I have installed.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Most games that got me frustrated and infuriated beyond rational thoughts are games that I would bang the control or throw the cartridge/disc around and scream and it. It probably wasn't good for my blood pressure in the long run but that is how I reacted. I didn't really swear, I just threw stuff around. I always thought it was part of me having autism.
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

sorry but I have to get it out of my chest...
This game Night Trap really ruined my life! if I never knew this game I would have never get to know those actors from Diff'rent Strokes in the first place... it is driving me crazy that it is haunting me for a year now and no matter what I do, nothing seems to help me and my mind keep thinking about that video game and one of the actors in the game, Dana Plato... if it wasn't a gore game or a game with real video on it I wouldn't be so traumatized by this game, I just wish that game never existed
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:03 pm Most games that got me frustrated and infuriated beyond rational thoughts are games that I would bang the control or throw the cartridge/disc around and scream and it. It probably wasn't good for my blood pressure in the long run but that is how I reacted. I didn't really swear, I just threw stuff around. I always thought it was part of me having autism.
.... and that's why I don't go there.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Recent games on Steam I've played:

Eldritch: A rogue-like FPS set in the Cthulhu mythos (actually finally beat it yesterday! With one health point left as well). Fun game, I highly recommend it.

Warhammer 40k Space Marine: Thrid-person shooter that was OK but I think I'd like it more on consoles

American Truck Simulator: It's Euro Truck but in America and still just as fun (though I WISH it had Pennsylvania in it)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Is it because Pennsylvania is the state that you live in by any chance? :P
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:33 pm Is it because Pennsylvania is the state that you live in by any chance? :P
Heh yeah :P Driving through California is nice and all...but I'd really want to drive through Hershey :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would like to go if only to just go and check out Hershey Park. ;)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:27 pm I would like to go if only to just go and check out Hershey Park. ;)
It's a fun place, that's for sure. Chocolate World is equally great to check out (The tour ride is enjoyable as well).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wouldn't care about the tour though it would be just the chocolate for me but I don't want to get off-topic so that is my last post.
davidmiller7785

Post by davidmiller7785 »

I really like The Legend of Zelda game because wind waker is at number 1. I love the music, the art, the story, the characters, the dungeons, the side quests, the sense of adventure, everything.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:05 pm Eldritch: A rogue-like FPS set in the Cthulhu mythos (actually finally beat it yesterday! With one health point left as well). Fun game, I highly recommend it.
I nearly got to the end of that one a couple times, but I never quite made it. It was fun, though. It's been a few years but I think I still have it installed.

My brother and I have been co-op-ing Gunfire Reborn a lot recently for that roguelike itch, but we'll be taking a break from that this weekend to go through the new Quake 1 episode together.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Vertigo Fox wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:44 pm
SeanWolf wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:05 pm Eldritch: A rogue-like FPS set in the Cthulhu mythos (actually finally beat it yesterday! With one health point left as well). Fun game, I highly recommend it.
I nearly got to the end of that one a couple times, but I never quite made it. It was fun, though. It's been a few years but I think I still have it installed.

My brother and I have been co-op-ing Gunfire Reborn a lot recently for that roguelike itch, but we'll be taking a break from that this weekend to go through the new Quake 1 episode together.
Best tip I can give for Eldritch? Get the "Teleportation Spell'. It'll make the whole game VERY easy :)
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

My Atari 2600.
Untitled972.jpg
Untitled972.jpg (524.73 KiB) Viewed 6197 times
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Looks like you have a lot of games and you kept it really immaculate!
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

My brother and I are going to co-op the new Quake episode today. Should be pretty fun.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia