2023/03/10 - The Greatest In The Universe

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2023/03/10 - The Greatest In The Universe

Post by D-Rock »

[ 2023/03/10 - The Greatest In The Universe ]

Title Text: mmm beetle-chip cookies
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
IceKitsune

Re: 2023/03/10 - The Greatest In The Universe

Post by IceKitsune »

Yes Nintendo is clearly the most important reason to become legally a person. Think of all those games you can play with it.
snowykat

Post by snowykat »

Is "kits" the grayscale looking fox? And who is the grayscale fox?
"Dear Chickenman,
What’s the idea of getting out of class. what did ya' do, “Chicken” out?" — Diane Dill
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

snowykat wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:10 am Is "kits" the grayscale looking fox? And who is the grayscale fox?
That is the question. Is he her brother? Or... the kits dad?

Kix knows the domestic world
but who is this new fella?
Does she recall her godly beau?
Is anyone going to tell her?
Zach loves the girl next door
and just wants to live beside her;
but, if anything changes now
will it be woe betide her?
The wild’s moving position,
shifting from outside to in.
Miss Gelato had it right:-
Here will the new world begin.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Omians

Post by Omians »

if i had to guess Kitsune gave himself a mortal guise to join Griff and dragon, but as their dad
Fragens

Post by Fragens »

Omians wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:09 am if i had to guess Kitsune gave himself a mortal guise to join Griff and dragon, but as their dad
I think the same, but if that's the case... Does he have memories of back when he was a celestial? Do the other characters know he's Kitsune?
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Farewell, Kitsune, Pete, and Dragon.

Welcome home, Kits, Craig, and Draig!
vulpinator

Post by vulpinator »

Omians wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:09 am if i had to guess Kitsune gave himself a mortal guise to join Griff and dragon, but as their dad
That would explain why his name is the first four letters of his Celestial name.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Is there a cure for Nintendo? Nice to see some of the Treehouse tenants again. :)
Shryke

Post by Shryke »

Fragens wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:56 am I think the same, but if that's the case... Does he have memories of back when he was a celestial? Do the other characters know he's Kitsune?
I sure hope so, GK was in my Top-3 non-P&G characters.

That raises several other questions too: Do Craig & Draig still remember their celestial lives still? That was a huge source of comedy to lose, to be left with just 2 bratty kids. Their memory made the brattiness that much funnier, imho.

Does Kix remember that she just helped save the world? Does she remember who Kits used to be? Do the rest of the cast?

GK told Karishad that he'd "hold down the fort", then went mortal? Does that mean that Kari will stay in Heaven, taking another periodic dose of insanity from the comic?
Immortal_Requiem

Post by Immortal_Requiem »

If that grey fox its kitsune, I'd wish he remembers things.
I can understand for the comic for many including Rick to be more fun and posibly 'easier to follow' with that change (Leaving celestials behind so the comic goes back to stale 'ordinary' day to day), but to me it looks very unsettling and unfitting.
I personally feel the resolution or learning progress of this whole experience should result in kitsune wanting to be more responsible, but instead it has chosen the easy way out by not having responsabilities as a celastial?

Of course there are lots of ways of seeing situations, some of you certainly love this. Living with Kix, Craig and Draig for some years will also be a good experience I suppose. But for me it looks like if that was the case then kitsune would have not learned anything ob being a responsible god, and makes me wonder who is supposed to make sure no evils reach their world.

Still, whatever Rick has in store I'm up for it, loving the comic ever since the start. I might lean to a personal canon of kitsune being 'a celestial in disguise' keeping its memories and job as protector, but simply keeping everybody else away for safety if he turns out to be reincarnated, or maybe I simply enjoy the new kitsune so much that multiverse sounds more appealing, or even kitsune spplitting himself in two, a mortal and celestial self.

Actually, I love that last idea a lot now that I think of it! Haha~

Anyways, keep up the good work Rick!!! Looking forward to see how the story progresses ^^
Fragens

Post by Fragens »

vulpinator wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:33 am
That would explain why his name is the first four letters of his Celestial name.
It would also explain the name of this comic "The Greatest In the Universe".
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Kitsune's mortal coloring explains why Kit and Draig look the way they do. It also explains how Karishad is related to him.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Ohhhhhh, so Kitsune is Kits. Makes sense. I was freaking out for a minute.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

It may that Celestials can maintain themselves as separate divine entities while simultaneously walking the Earth (or wherever) in corporeal form. We did note that, as this arc launched, Bahamut indicated that Kitsune's antics had become tiresome and boundaries (as well as penalties) might result once the contest with the Infernals ended.

At any rate, this comic seems to be bringing the train into the station, and the return of some of the senior cast suggests we're going for a lighter, less cosmic direction for a while. Also noted by some readers, we can remain confident that Rick's high stantards of artistic depiction will continue to flourish and delight.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

What I wanna know is if Kitsune was forced to become a mortal because he screwed up with not stopping Eudoant when he came to Earth (which isn't much of a punishment since he now genuinely loves Kix) or if he did it voluntarily.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Back at the apartment in the woods, they're still living well there. :) Jessica, you could ask that to your Zach, since he lived in the expensive civilization. :P It's a worth thing, but only if you feel to do that change, and I think that from your good living conditions you could be not much interested in it. Anyway, being independent, the recognition as legal person has its advantages... And, Craig and Draig are back? And this Kits is their new father? What's going on? :? The important thing is have a Nintendo, yeah. :D The last panel is so cute, it's Kix the one who you cannot live without. ;)
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

D-Rock wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:04 am [ 2023/03/10 - The Greatest In The Universe ]

Title Text: mmm beetle-chip cookies
I'll take two Pauls and a Ringo.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Who needs walnuts to make your cookies crunch, eh, Kix?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I hope at this point that everybody is used to beetles in their sweets that Kix makes. I wonder what other substitutions she would use?
TheJestor

Post by TheJestor »

snowykat wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:10 am Is "kits" the grayscale looking fox? And who is the grayscale fox?
Kits.. Kitsune.. I think that's the Great Kitsune's mortal form/host.
KathYohneke

Post by KathYohneke »

you know considering how indifferent animals are being shown for this its gonna be hilarious that despite how much Keene wanted and worked towards this the general animal populous is probably just gonna go "meh!" and keep to the status quo

And I know thats you kitsune!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Are the "cookie beetles" a different species than the "beetle stew" beetles? Maybe Rex knows. Or Sasha. They both do cookies, too. Time for a "Beetle's Bake Off Show" on BBN ("Beetles Broadcasting Network"?).
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

Well, Kitsune did say “We’ll do something about your memories later” to Craig and Draig earlier before they dealt with the demon. I suspect all three of them have their celestial memories locked away while they remain mortal.

Enough scene setting, time for another arc!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That would be if Kitsune was turned into a mortal as punishment. But even if he was, Craig and Draig retained some of their memories which was why they were trying to get back to their Celestial forms initially.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Where would we be without handheld consoles and detachable multicoloured tiltable controllers, the wonders of modern civilization :)
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:17 pm That would be if Kitsune was turned into a mortal as punishment. But even if he was, Craig and Draig retained some of their memories which was why they were trying to get back to their Celestial forms initially.
But there's no forgetting beetle stew and beetle cookies !!!!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trust me there is a way to forget that if the Celestial that was the one that punished Kitsune did want that. He just would have a REALLY bad feeling about them when they are brought up. :?
johnwolf

Post by johnwolf »

Wait wasn't the nintendo thing and line done by the fox family already? I feel a Strong case of Déjà vu, Haven't we've been here before?
Shryke

Post by Shryke »

Cosmacelf wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:29 am Well, Kitsune did say “We’ll do something about your memories later” to Craig and Draig earlier before they dealt with the demon. I suspect all three of them have their celestial memories locked away while they remain mortal.
What about Kix and indeed all the other Pets who knew who he was? Is everyone's memory wiped? Even the ones who participated in the battle?

If GK seems to have indeed had his memories locked away, I'd hope for one panel where he does some minor magic(k) thing and shoots the 4th wall a knowing wink. I just don't want to lose him as a character. :cry:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wherever the Celestials store them, I hope their system has more memory space than my stupid laptop. :roll:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure that their storage space has an infinite amount of space. They DO come from Heaven after all. ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:17 pm I'm sure that their storage space has an infinite amount of space. They DO come from Heaven after all. ;)
... and we all know the origins of computer technology are Infernal. (Always wondered, are Infernals truly evil or just really incompetent?)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I mean I guess it would depend on what sort of positions the Infernals would be in. If they are truly evil then they would crash your computer outright. If they are really incompetent then you would have a ton of issues that don't end up frying your computer. :geek:
Frank

Post by Frank »

First thing, everybody, if Kits is Kitsune, he could just be lying, toying with her, or saying it that way in front of the children for their benefit

Second, if it isn't Kitsune, does becoming a citizen mean Kitsune can sue her for cheating on him?
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am pretty sure that Kits is 100% Kitsune since he is such a good character and I can see Rick want to keep him around as he moves towards a more slice-of-life genre with the comic and doesn't want to dump him. The fact that Kits is doing it in front of Craig/Pete and Draig/Dragon to weird them out is just a bonus. :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:26 pm I am pretty sure that Kits is 100% Kitsune since he is such a good character and I can see Rick want to keep him around as he moves towards a more slice-of-life genre with the comic and doesn't want to dump him. The fact that Kits is doing it in front of Craig/Pete and Draig/Dragon to weird them out is just a bonus. :lol:
Yeah, I think GK is a Rick favorite, too.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not to mention Kitsune is so associated with Pete and Dragon it would be weird for him not to be around anymore so making him a mortal helps a lot. Plus I don't think Kix will like people assuming her mate abandoned her. :ugeek:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

She could always pose as a wealthy widow.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Couldn’t he just make a clone or copy of himself when he has to leave for Heaven?
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).