2023/02/07 - Like A Fox

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
MischaTheWolf

Re: 2023/02/07 - Like A Fox

Post by MischaTheWolf »

I mean I think the moral is that us Tarot fans aren’t a force to be reckoned with. He already trolled us with “killing” half the characters, including Tarot. But fine, I’ll only play the song two or three times if you think I’m being too harsh.

(I also hope you know I'm only joking and I wish Rick nothing bad. I say a lot of weird nonsense without thinking about how it might be perceived, joys of being on the spectrum, I guess.)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

As I recollect, Karishad is kind of a homage character, named and modeled after a close friend of Rick's. Previous interactions between Tarot and Karishad suggest they are friends of a sort - otherwise, Kari's relationships with other characters seem more impish than palsy (a la Fox and King). Kari does seem to chum with Kitsune occasionally, but I assume that's a fox-to-fox camaraderie.

Not every reader of Housepets is a Tarot fan. A lot of these folks are "Grapenut shippers", and others just find her stodgy, cold, and emotionally constipated. While she's still a pretty uptight Pom, Tarot's developed some personal depth over the years, shown more complexity of late, and certainly punches at a hero's weight in this last saga. Or maybe I'm just warming to her because I miss the founding years "old gang" characters and find the "New Crew" of the last couple of years flat and uninteresting.

Clearly, her reactions to the "contract" will be interesting. I was a bit intrigued that she was not included in the "deciders" group (Keene and the "new characters on the block") that somehow framed "The Contract", given the role and the sacrifices she made to defeat Eudoant. She certainly played a more significant role than, say, ..... Todd. She's also emerged as a kind of counter-Keene figure, a polarization which could develop in interesting directions.
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

I’m ironically a die-hard Tarot fan but I’m not appalled by the occasional Grapenut moment. Apparently neither is Tarot as shown in the hot springs episode. Tarot is very much in the top 5 of my favorite characters. I like the initial mystery she appears under and I find her emotionally relatable, with her no-nonsense attitude a nice contrast to Peanut’s. I think Rick did a great job fleshing out their relationship. Tarot does so much for everyone in this story and almost seems to forget that she’s only a mortal who can’t be perfect like a demigod can. She’s often a punching bag, and is still always busting her butt trying to save everyone and sometimes doesn’t even get a thank you.

I just want her to catch a darn break, so I’m just gonna say, I will be pretty run a marathon if Rick uses the contract to screw over Tarot for laughs, still I need to keep in mind, it’s his story and he is entitled to torture his characters however he likes. .-.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

NHWestoN wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:08 am As I recollect, Karishad is kind of a homage character, named and modeled after a close friend of Rick's. Previous interactions between Tarot and Karishad suggest they are friends of a sort - otherwise, Kari's relationships with other characters seem more impish than palsy (a la Fox and King). Kari does seem to chum with Kitsune occasionally, but I assume that's a fox-to-fox camaraderie.

Not every reader of Housepets is a Tarot fan. A lot of these folks are "Grapenut shippers", and others just find her stodgy, cold, and emotionally constipated. While she's still a pretty uptight Pom, Tarot's developed some personal depth over the years, shown more complexity of late, and certainly punches at a hero's weight in this last saga. Or maybe I'm just warming to her because I miss the founding years "old gang" characters and find the "New Crew" of the last couple of years flat and uninteresting.

Clearly, her reactions to the "contract" will be interesting. I was a bit intrigued that she was not included in the "deciders" group (Keene and the "new characters on the block") that somehow framed "The Contract", given the role and the sacrifices she made to defeat Eudoant. She certainly played a more significant role than, say, ..... Todd. She's also emerged as a kind of counter-Keene figure, a polarization which could develop in interesting directions.
Always so eloquent and well-spoken.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is one of the things that we like about him! Weston always speaks and summarizes things beautifully!
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

Yeah, my thoughts were honestly pretty jumbled until he spoke about it. Thanks, Weston!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Umm ... thanks, gang. :) :oops: :mrgreen:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trust me if I ever tried to speak like you do it wouldn't be good. It would result in me probably saying the same thing in 6 different ways. :roll: