2023/01/17 - The Pbbts Have It

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Amazee Dayzee

Re: 2023/01/17 - The Pbbts Have It

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Speaking of Thomas, he wasn't Henry Milton's son either. I can't remember if he was a distant cousin or a nephew. I know that he and Celia were cousins though.
FalinkesInculta

Post by FalinkesInculta »

He was his nephew
Next up is a song about a beautiful woman i met,

Just kidding,

Its about getting drunk
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Then I am assuming that Mr. Milton had at least two other siblings then because I know Thomas and Celia were first cousins and were hoping for his fortune. If they DID get it I wonder how long it would take before they backstab each other trying to get all of it?
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

D-Rock wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:02 pm Marion and King always had this key difference; King had nothing to go back to, Marion had everything to lose, but at least had a strong support.
You have a point here. But sometimes changes are good even if they are unexpected and not what You initially wanted. Also King got a girlfriend that is a dog, too. He had more to lose if he actually went back.
Still, King is an example of someone who shows that You can be happy even if that happens.

But my most important argument is (what actually Marion more or less said but not in meta meaning in next strip) that it's character undevelopment. It negates everything that has happened. Like it never existed. As they are characters, they can't just have everything they want or just cancel part of them. Dragon and Pete were introduced as Dragon and Pete. They were changed long time after that. But Marion... his whole character is based on him changing into female squirrel. If he became human again, that would just pop like a balloon. There goes the whole character.a
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think it would necessarily undo everything that he went through. He would still have those experiences and have learned from them and that is something that can never be taken away. If that makes sense.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:37 pm I don't think it would necessarily undo everything that he went through. He would still have those experiences and have learned from them and that is something that can never be taken away. If that makes sense.
That ... and Rick seems to have taken a shine to this transformed twosome ... and isn't much on drawing people.
Wonder if we'll ever see Miles again?

Sorry, just spinning my wheels ... :roll:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The fact that Rick doesn't like drawing humans (despite being quite good at it) is why I believe that the group will stay animals and everybody else transformed by Steward is changed back. I can even see him going a step forward and keeping the whole WORLD as animals.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

That would be horrible.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It would also be a copout and take away what made the comic interesting, but at least Rick wouldn't have to worry about drawing humans anymore. As I said before, I know he hates doing that despite the fact that he is VERY good at it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, changing a couple of the characters back would be good for a week or two of comics.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure that Rick can figure out some stories to tell with them as humans. He just would need to think a little bit.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:14 pm I'm sure that Rick can figure out some stories to tell with them as humans. He just would need to think a little bit.
Yeah, he'll do somethin'. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

We may not even have to worry about that. I assume that he is gonna keep them as animals when all is said and done.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

I really hope not. This whole experience was not fun and entirely forced onto them, it would be messed up and weird thematically to keep them as animals. At least Joel was a grown adult and already shown to be kinda a jerk before transforming into King, these are literal children (except Steward) who have had their human rights violated, are discriminated against and are obviously suffering from trauma over the incident. They then go and SAVE THE WORLD FROM HELL, so they can become human again. Then this weasel who absolutely has the resources and connections to make his dream happen without any divine intervention is trying to steal their rightly-earned wishes.

This is like, imagine a teenage boy who gets attacked by, a serial nose-thief or whatever, and he steals the boys nose or something I don’t know. The kid spends years and years saving up money to get rhinoplasty done, but then Elon Musk shows up out of nowhere and demands that the kid hand over the money, despite Musk being a literal billionaire, so he can bribe the government to fund a new orphanage or something. Does that make any sense?
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I'll admit I hadn't expected that twist coming from Cerberus.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Probably wasn't her idea. I have a feeling she was just carrying out orders.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

And Sophie Camel was in on it, too.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure by now she has worn down Thomas SO much that he gave in and got together with her. Since it was the only road he could take.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:46 pm I'm sure by now she has worn down Thomas SO much that he gave in and got together with her. Since it was the only road he could take.
Well, even a cad like Thomas deserves a doting admirer. Wonder if Housepets! will ever return to the zoo? Those were fun sequences, and I miss some of that gang.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think it would be really funny if Sophia gave up on Thomas and started dating another camel and Thomas had to FIGHT to get her back. I wouldn't mind seeing Thomas working for the only woman who is actually the same species as him try to win her around.