Pete and his Dragon stand
but whose side are they on?
I think we know with her
but Pete? It’s not foregone…
I hope they help ol’ Kit,
their dad, if just in name.
And I hope, above all,
they don’t restart the game...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Ryusuta

Re: 2022/11/22 - A Dinosaur Story

Post by Ryusuta »

Oh. Hey. Great. They're back. Can't wait. -.-
CalTheUntitled

Post by CalTheUntitled »

Interesting how Pete isn’t tagged as a character in this one but Spirit Dragon is
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Somewhere in Heaven, King has randomly started screaming in rage and doesn't know why.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

I know Tarot will probably be fine wherever she ends up, but I don’t want Peanut to be alone :(

Also yay the annoying narcissistic siblings are back. Let’s bake crumbly cookies for this joyous occasion.
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

CalTheUntitled wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:38 am Interesting how Pete isn’t tagged as a character in this one but Spirit Dragon is
That's even more funny considering the Pete's line in the strip.

Also I'm pretty sure they will get revived (if they are even dead), because I doubt Rick would just get rid of that many characters and make them Heaven-exclusive or something. Probably that's how their wishes would be used, as someone already suggested some time ago.

I got a feeling about what has happened with everyone get shot with a demon lasers. I thought about writing how it was all for dramatic plot, that they are getting hit one by one and that's a plot device to make a tension, because they have limited people to do so and every single one of them were just shot down (except the Craig and Draig) at the end. And this reminded me of something. Not sure if You watched Shaman King (original anime, the one that is different from the manga) but there was a time, when Yoh fought Tres Magnifique team to make them forfeit the match against Hao. They attacked all at once and Yoh had to manually attack every one of them one by one. And the last one hit him. Weak can pose a real threat to the strong if there is enough of them. And we seen this both here and in the aforementioned Shaman King scene.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

MischaTheWolf wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:54 am I know Tarot will probably be fine wherever she ends up, but I don’t want Peanut to be alone :(

Also yay the annoying narcissistic siblings are back. Let’s bake crumbly cookies for this joyous occasion.
Yeah, but let's see first which side they're on ... however, cookies sound really GREAT, Mischa !! :D
PhycoKrusk

Post by PhycoKrusk »

We have to remember everyone, both of them are under a completely different circumstance now than they were before: They have a mother.

And given what we know about Kix, we also know that there will never be a circumstance where she can't ground the both of them.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It has been WAY too long since we have seen the two of them and it is probably only temporary that they have their demigod forms back. Though it would be so funny if after this they kept them and Kix still had the power to chastise them and even punish them. XD
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

We're back! A Gryphon Story.
Featuring Dragon.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Ah! :o Tarot succeeded to throw the kits towards the mana, paying with her life, and they're back! :D Has been a long time, Pete and Spirit Dragon. ;) There's no time to be proud, Pete, let's move to help Great Kitsune and defeat Eudoant. :)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:38 pm It has been WAY too long since we have seen the two of them and it is probably only temporary that they have their demigod forms back. Though it would be so funny if after this they kept them and Kix still had the power to chastise them and even punish them. XD
Well, Kitsune's gonna owe them big time, assuming they succeed ... and assume they've attained any maturity from their transformation. Does Eudoant know the power of PopTarts as combat projectiles against such adversaries ... ?
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

PhycoKrusk wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:42 am We have to remember everyone, both of them are under a completely different circumstance now than they were before: They have a mother.

And given what we know about Kix, we also know that there will never be a circumstance where she can't ground the both of them.
I thought that's obvious. They might be demi-gods but they felt how it is to be a mortal and they are attached to their mortal mother. I even had a thought about it. I suspect they will revert back to kits. Either on their own accord or Kitsune would troll them or it would be temporary anyway. But I'm pretty sure they'd be fine as mortals. Maybe something that they can swap forms on certain conditions or something. But we definitely won't get rid of fox kits forms entirely.

So, either it's temporary, conditionally or they will chose willingly to stay mortals.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Ey, Pete and Dragon are ba-and there goes Tarot…😒

Well, as pointed out, it would be kinda funny for them to still defer to Kix as their mother.

*after the fight*
Pete: “Finally, I’m back to the full force of what I am!”
Kix: “Aren’t you still grounded from that, Craig?”
Pete: “Yes, mother…”
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
KathYohneke

Post by KathYohneke »

watch them, as soon as the fight is over, immediately get stuck turning back into kits
andwhyisit

Post by andwhyisit »

For anyone who isn't old enough to understand the reference in the title:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We%27re_B ... ory_(film)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I watched that movie a few times back when Cartoon Network played the heck out of it over and over and have some scenes ingrained in my head. For example the scene near the end where Professor Screweyes is DEVOURED by his crows.
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

I loved how the kits had their own style when diving into the mana pool.
Frank

Post by Frank »

No pete, don't take time to gloat! that's what killed Lois!
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, it’d fit with how the rest of this section of the arc is going…
CryosR

Post by CryosR »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:06 pm I watched that movie a few times back when Cartoon Network played the heck out of it over and over and have some scenes ingrained in my head. For example the scene near the end where Professor Screweyes is DEVOURED by his crows.
I'd almost forgotten about that, good thing I slept before I read this post
cglenn

Post by cglenn »

"We're here to see the Dragon, get out the way you five foot feathered tweet."
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

When did Tarot find out who Draig and Craig were? Did she know when she Imaginated with them?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Huh, didn’t consider that much. She knew that they’d be left behind with the specifications of the quarantine zone, so sometime before that. She also knew immediately that King was a human at first meet, but it’s possible that Dragon told her that Pete dragged in a transformed avatar candidate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I always believed that she knew it due to her psychic powers which although are now weakened can still sense who they were. She managed to sense King so she could sense who Craig and Draig were originally.
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

Kitsune did say that their powers wouldn’t be reduced to zero (“Sparks will remain”). Also, it isn’t as if Tarot couldn’t continue practicing magic. Magic is a thing in that universe and she knew a lot about it, so she could continue using it even without Dragon’s power behind it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Pete's not gonna drag Bailey back into ths, is he? Eudoant better hope Tarot's demise isn't gonna get SDragon's tear ducts going - she'll be washed back to Pandemonium and all the fires there will be washed out.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Cesco wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:11 pm Ah! :o Tarot succeeded to throw the kits towards the mana, paying with her life, and they're back! :D Has been a long time, Pete and Spirit Dragon. ;) There's no time to be proud, Pete, let's move to help Great Kitsune and defeat Eudoant. :)
Great Kitsune said, Tarot was going to be the hero that saves everyone.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

CunningFox wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:29 pm When did Tarot find out who Draig and Craig were? Did she know when she Imaginated with them?
Isn't she a "Heaven's friend"? I mean, they could just tell her, because of who she was. Or maybe she just remained some of her powers (of feeling that this is a demigod and that's a demon, because she met them and had familiar feeling in the past), or just because she knew Dragon personally as being her avatar, so she immediately knew she was she.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Or she might have heard from them or others. After all, they weren't exactly quiet about their past lives, were they?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

aaaaand they're back, after 7 years, almost to the day. First time seeing these characters in Rick's newest style.
Were Jack wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:26 am Also I'm pretty sure they will get revived (if they are even dead), because I doubt Rick would just get rid of that many characters and make them Heaven-exclusive or something.
yeah, you don't create characters over the span of 15 years and then just *poof* them out of existence all at once. An entirely unsatisfactory ending for them and a surefire way to kill off your story's legacy/goodwill. I don't think that little of Rick's storytelling ability.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I think Rick has missed these two, and they do invoke echoes of the gentler, more emotionally-explorative adventures of the comic's earliest years. This also has Eudoant outnumbered three-to-one ... unless she pulls a fast one and tries to buy the somewhat already known-to-be pliable loyalties of these two fun-sters.

Next cameo crusader ... Res.

Sure ups the ante, at any rate. ;)
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Don't wanna disappoint Pete or anything, I know I'm usually much more of a gryphon-lover, but in this case I really am more of a fan of Dragon.....
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Vertigo Fox wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:49 pm Don't wanna disappoint Pete or anything, I know I'm usually much more of a gryphon-lover, but in this case I really am more of a fan of Dragon.....
Yeah, I have a bit of a fondness for the weepy ol'snake m'self. Pete's seen too many Adam Sadler movies.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I was glad Pete got what he deserved for screwing around with Joel's life but I am happy to see him again. I just hope they aren't ALSO meat shields like Marion and Lois were. :?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:03 pm I was glad Pete got what he deserved for screwing around with Joel's life but I am happy to see him again. I just hope they aren't ALSO meat shields like Marion and Lois were. :?
"bullet-stoppers" as they'd say in the Army in less kindly moments.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, at least it sounds heroic.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:18 pm
Vertigo Fox wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:49 pm Don't wanna disappoint Pete or anything, I know I'm usually much more of a gryphon-lover, but in this case I really am more of a fan of Dragon.....
Yeah, I have a bit of a fondness for the weepy ol'snake m'self. Pete's seen too many Adam Sadler movies.

I like Dragon/Draig as well, her moment with Max was sweet, and I have a fondness for dragons
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Yeah, they both definitely have... issues... but I think hers are a lot more interesting :lol:
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden