Important Message For Everyone Here

Discuss the comic here
MischaTheWolf

Re: Important Message For Everyone Here

Post by MischaTheWolf »

Yeah, I was wondering about that. But then I remembered, it’s Pete and the spirit dragon. Why would they think to thank their avatars for absolutely anything? That would require some level of humility.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Some folks just don't do gratitude.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Don't forget they're pretty sure everyone's just gone to a better place so what's the loss?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Are y’all meaning to post in the comic thread?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

D-Rock wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:37 am Are y’all meaning to post in the comic thread?
I have no idea, good sir. The chat was here so I posted here.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

> Be me
> about an hour ago
> I haven't checked in on that Housepets comic in a while
> check in
> Cool, the story's ratcheting up in the comic
> actual? stakes
> Pete and Dragon are back for the first time since 2015, very nice
> I'm liking it
> hop on to the forums
> haven't been here since July
> it's been that long?
> MRW this arc's turned entirely controversial
> MRW I missed hella forum drama

I wouldn't think that this arc would be anything to get too terribly upset over, especially since it's already been established there's a heaven the characters will go to and probably be brought back anyway, but apparently I'm mistaken. While I personally think it's kinda stupid to get all up in arms over this, I can see where the feelings come from. Not gonna retread what's already been discussed or go actively stepping on anyone's tail tho (heh).

and while I see the topic of fanfic has come up, no I haven't done anything with the idea I had. Look for it in the appropriate thread if you're curious
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

CuriousCnidarian wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:17 pm > Be me
> about an hour ago
> check in
> actual? stakes
> I'm liking it
> hop on to the forums
> it's been that long?

I wouldn't think that this arc would be anything to get too terribly upset over, especially since it's already been established there's a heaven the characters will go to and probably be brought back anyway, but apparently I'm mistaken. While I personally think it's kinda stupid to get all up in arms over this, I can see where the feelings come from. Not gonna retread what's already been discussed or go actively stepping on anyone's tail tho (heh).

and while I see the topic of fanfic has come up, no I haven't done anything with the idea I had. Look for it in the appropriate thread if you're curious
Well, I wouldn't say it turned 'controversial' but there have been people taking issues with recent events in this arc that took place, along with the general darker tone it has which is upsetting/triggering to many. But, again, everyone reacts differently to media (which is why I said that folks here do NOT make fun of or belittle anyone that is having problems with this arc.)
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CuriousCnidarian wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:17 pm > Be me
> about an hour ago
> check in
> actual? stakes
> I'm liking it
> hop on to the forums
> it's been that long?

Nice to hear from you again, Cnid.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Nice to see you again, Cnid. And yeah, this arc has been really controversial, hasn't it? The Discord server I'm on consists almost entirely of people bashing this arc and making absurd memes about it.

Speaking of fanfic, I recently went back and looked at my old stuff and it was just awful, I felt like vomiting while reading H-Pets and that old script I did was somehow even worse. I might go back and redo some of those but I doubt I'd have the nerves for it.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I guess it's called "Discord" for a reason, isn't it?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Discord is like a live version of venting in certain cases, but also both good and bad :3

As SeanWolf says, sometimes you gotta take a step back and breathe it in and try something different if something's been bothering you and come back to it later to see if it's to your liking or not afterwards. Sometimes stories or other stuff requires to go through the unpleasantries of a story to be better. I been down that road countless times because I just can't help myself get invested in something, especially video games and television, where something I don't like is happening in this certain media and might need a change of pace. It's not easy for everyone, but it's also important advice.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Some people just aren't that good with change. I should know as I am one of them. Whether that is due to my Autism or not I have no clue.
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:35 pm Whether that is due to my Autism or not I have no clue.
In the end, it doesn’t matter. You are what you are, as we all are.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know that but then there are some people who can't understand that. They are the ones that think it is so simple to change even if it is impossible. :roll:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Consider this a friendly checkup from Doctor* Wolfe as I want to see how everyone is doing as of late.

*Not officially a doctor lol I just thought of that name some time ago when typing this
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am fine right now. Just waiting to see what the end of the arc will be like.
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:36 pm I know that but then there are some people who can't understand that. They are the ones that think it is so simple to change even if it is impossible. :roll:
True. It is hard to change an innate personality or cognitive ability. BUT, slowly, over time, we can learn and, well fake it. People rarely tell others of their personality faults. I know I have several myself. In my more quieter and introspective moments, I will look at myself and how I interact with others and try to notice my own faults. Then, slowly, over time, when I think about it, I try to interact with people in a better way. It isn't easy and it takes a willingness to try to be better even in the face of idiots all around. Maybe no one will notice, but it is journey worth embarking on nonetheless.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I pretty much only pick up on my faults when its too late and I pushed somebody away. >_>
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:43 pm I pretty much only pick up on my faults when its too late and I pushed somebody away. >_>
Everyone does that from time to time. Recognizing your own faults is really, really hard. That why I think it is a lifelong journey. You'll never finish, but the small changes you can make along the way are still worth the trouble.
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

I fully agree with what you said. Many people (including myself) have to learn things the hard way by actually experiencing them first. And while we should be cautious, its not something to beat yourself up over.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

When you are someone who has low self-esteem and a nonexistent opinion of themselves it can be hard.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Just checking in and seeing how everyone's doing at the moment. While the comic did show that no one really died, this page will still stay here up until this arc is completely done and over with and the next chapter of Housepets begin. Remember, Rick has stated many times that he still has plenty of stories to tell in the HP world and that this will be the last long-form arc (Meaning future stories will be smaller tails) going forth.

Still, I do hope this post here has helped you readers in someway. Remember, if you ever need someone to talk to about this comic or what, feel free to get in touch with me here, Discord, or on Telegram and I'll lend an ear for you :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm confused about what Rick has planned after this arc is finished. He says he won't do anymore arcs but now it sounds like he is just gonna tell shorter ones? That puzzles me. :?:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

No more giant cosmic arcs, instead the focus will be on the more classic slice-of-life.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

We haven't had guest artists for a while. That'ud be fun, maybe we could go back to three strips a week (just for this period) and Rick could enjoy his break a little longer. :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think at one point during a guest week he had a new guest comic up EVERYDAY. Not sure if that was a one time deal but it would be cool if he did that again.
eddywislon

Post by eddywislon »

Sean this is lot to me as a newbie and I am glad to be the part of this community, and I also think that together we solve our problems and issues and never left arc.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is a very good analysis and I am sure he will be glad you feel that way about the comic arc that was posted! Hopefully we will be seeing you around here a bit more! :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:26 pm That is a very good analysis and I am sure he will be glad you feel that way about the comic arc that was posted! Hopefully we will be seeing you around here a bit more! :D
Agreed!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I just hope that I won't somehow run you off. People say that I do have a tendency to scare people away. I am working on that. <__<
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:51 pm I just hope that I won't somehow run you off. People say that I do have a tendency to scare people away. I am working on that. <__<
Angry teddy-bear avatars are scary, I admit.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Probably would be even more scary if they ended up learning about the history behind it. Though if somebody does recognize it then it would mean they also read Slightly Damned.