Cardcaptor Love Heart - A Cardcaptor Sakura/Care Bears Crossover

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

CryosR

Re: Cardcaptor Love Heart - A Cardcaptor Sakura/Care Bears Crossover

Post by CryosR »

Chapter 20: Coming Apart at the Seams

Confidence Heart hummed happily to herself as she trudged through the snow to school, meeting up with Love Heart on the way.

“You’re happy to be going to school today, what’s up?” Love Heart asked.

“I’m teaching a sewing class today for Teacher Bear’s class,” Confidence grinned behind her scarf as they entered the school, “Because I’m so far ahead in sewing class I got this offer to do some extra credit.”

Love Heart smiled as they reached their lockers and pulled off their winter clothing, “That’s great, I bet Sweet Heart’s excited for that.”

“Yeah,” Confidence hung her scarf and coat up in her locker, “and it’s all thanks to you. If you hadn’t helped me stop being ashamed of my skills, well I wouldn’t have been able to make those costumes for the play or take sewing class for my last semester.” She gave Love Heart a kiss on the cheek which made him blush, “and this extra credit will help me finish this year. I do not want to come back for another year.”

“Yeah, me either,” Love Heart kissed her back as they gathered their books and headed for class, “So after lunch?”

“Gotta skip lunch, or at least scarf it down. Gonna be setting up for her and make sure everything’s in order.” Confidence sat down at her desk.

“Oh, does that mean I can eat lunch with Love Heart?” Gift Bear’s voice made both of them cringe and they tried to avoid looking at her desk where she was propping her head up with a seductive glance.

“No thanks. Actually I need to talk to a couple people at lunch today.” Love Heart wanted to just ignore her and was grateful when Ms. Mackenzie started the class.

At lunch, Confidence didn’t have a chance to see Love Heart before heading to the elementary part of the school, stuffing her lunch sandwich in her mouth as she went. Teacher Bear was eating in her now vacant classroom when Confidence knocked on the door.

“Come in,” Teacher Bear was a bit surprised to see her so soon and visibly still chewing, “You’re awfully early.”

“Jush wanted to…” Confidence swallowed, “to get set up early, make sure everything’s ready,” she grinned, “I never thought I’d get a chance like this.”

“Well after the Christmas play I see why you have,” Teacher Bear turned back to her lunch, “Just let me finish up and we can get started.”

“Right!” Confidence bit into an apple and chewed enthusiastically, not wanting to waste any time.

OoOoO

Love Heart did his best to avoid Gift Bear at lunch, wishing fervently that he had Confidence’s hearing at times like these. He almost literally bumped into Loyal Heart as he turned from peeking around a corner.

Loyal Heart had to restrain himself from barking as he held his chest then asked a simple question, “Trying to avoid Gift Bear?”

“Yeah. You too?” Love Heart looked over his shoulder as if saying her name might summon her.

“Yeah,” Loyal Heart did the same.

“Love Heart!” the voice rang out from nearby which made both friends jump and bolt in the opposite direction then duck into the stairwell, both panting heavily as they waited to see if she had followed them.

“Sorry, I heard she was following me and I guess I led her right to you.” Loyal Heart let out a breath he had been holding since they ducked around the corner.

“It’s fine, she just seems to appear out of nowhere,” Love Heart carefully looked through the door’s window and sighed in relief when she wasn’t there, “She’s jumped me every day last week when Confidence isn’t around.”

“Love Heart?” the voice came from under the stairs and both turned to see Wish Bear there, her face fur obviously wet from crying.

“Wish Bear!” Love Heart was down at her side in an instant, “Wish what’s wrong, I haven’t seen outside class since Christmas.”

Wish was shaking as she answered, “I… I just feel so empty ever since you set me free… I… I… I don’t know what to do. I wish…”

“You wish what?” Love Heart sat down next to Wish and tried to put an arm around her shoulder only for the teal bear to flinch away for a moment.

“You wish for a romantic rendezvous?”

“Gah!”

“Wah!”

“Yow!” all three jumped and Loyal Heart spun around to see Gift Bear standing in the open doorway, leaning up against the door to keep it open.

Gift grinned widely at Love Heart then hooded her eyes, “Looks like your girlfriend left you alone and you’re already sneaking around behind her back.” She wagged her finger, “If you wanted to do that you could have come to me, I’m always ready.”

Loyal Heart felt a tugging at his chest and bared his teeth, growling as he spoke, “Gift, go away.”

“Oh hush, Loyal,” Gift glared at him, her smile turning sinister for a moment, “If you don’t like me then you can leave anytime, the sooner the better.”

“Go away,” Love Heart was staring at the floor.

“Oh don’t be like that,” Gift turned perky again as she approached Love Heart.

“Gift Bear, go AWAY!” Love Heart shouted the last word which echoed through the stairwell and made everyone jump, even Gift Bear was startled enough to take a step back. Love Heart’s furious gaze snapped up at Gift as he continued, “I’m trying to help my friends get over the trauma the Clow Cards caused them and I don’t need you sticking your nose in where it’s not wanted. Go away,” there was a moment of silence where no one moved until Love Heart shouted again, “NOW!”

“Alright, see you soon!” Gift Bear sang as she all but danced away.

“Ugg, if we do it will be too soon,” Loyal Heart put a hand to his head then turned to see that Wish Bear had leaned up against Love Heart and let him put his arm around her.

“Th-thank you Love Heart,” Wish whispered.

“It’s alright, I’m here to help. Please tell me what’s wrong,” Love Heart leaned up against Wish who leaned back against him.

“I remember everything, seeing the Kingdom of Caring destroyed and then being trapped as a card for months!” Wish held her head, “I couldn’t handle it! I was in darkness with no light or sound or anything to do and I couldn’t sleep! I was stuck there for so long so scared I’d never be free and I can remember everything!” Wish started to cry, “It was so dark and lonely and all I could think about was seeing everyone I knew and loved dying and I wish I could just make it all stop playing over and over in my head and… and… waaaaaaaah!” Wish broke down completely, sobbing and shaking even as she felt Love Heart hug her.

Loyal Heart was at her side a moment, hugging her too, “We’re here for you, Wish,” he whispered to her.

Wish continued crying for almost five minutes before she calmed down enough, just shuddering slightly.

“Wish, Wish is there anything else?” Love Heart whispered.

Wish sniffed as they pulled back to give her some air and rubbed her eyes, “I just feel like ending it some times,” she whispered.

“What?!” Love Heart was stunned, “you mean you want to die?”

Wish nodded, “I think about just going to the edge and jumping, even stood there a couple times before stopping but I can’t handle it anymore…” she took a deep shuddering breath, “I don’t feel like me at all anymore…”

“I know how you feel,” Loyal Heart’s voice was heavy as Wish turned to look at him. “I found out I’m just the vessel for Yue, the judge of the Clow Cards and now I don’t know what I am, or if I’m even a real Care Bear Cousin or ever was. I know I can do the Care Bear Cousin Call but is it even real? Am I even real or is everything I ever did just a construct.” Loyal Heart touched his tummy symbol, “I feel like an empty shell now, just a hollow dog that Yue sleeps inside and can take over whenever he wants without my consent. I don’t even know if the way I’ve behaved my whole life was a lie or even if I was here as long as everyone else… maybe I just appeared one day and everyone’s memory was altered to ‘remember’ me being here for ages. I lie awake at night questioning everything I’ve ever done and ever been. Even if I felt like you did and wanted to end it, Yue would probably just take over and use my body for the rest of time…” Loyal Heart sighed sadly and leaned up against Wish Bear.

Love Heart stared at them for a moment, then stared down at the floor, “I’m going to help you.” Both turned to him as he kept talking, “Wish, you need to see a psychiatrist. Dr. Parker can help you; she’s been helping Sweet Heart since we found out what happened and she’s getting better every week. Loyal Heart… I don’t know how but I’ll do something to help you, I promise.”

“Really? I mean…” Wish hesitated until Love Heart reached out and touched her shoulder, she didn’t flinch.”

“Really, I’ll ask mom and dad to get you an appointment with her.”

Wish smiled, for the first time Love Heart could remember since Christmas, “thank you.” She started to cry again but wiped her eyes.

“Thanks, Love Heart,” Loyal Heart smiled too.

“You’re welcome, now let’s eat lunch, ok?” Love Heart stood up and offered a hand to Wish to help her stand, which she accepted.

“Yes, lets.” Wish suddenly hugged him for a moment and Love Heart hugged back. Loyal Heart wanted to hug Love Heart as well but held back, Wish needed this.

OoOoO

“Alright, everyone!” Confidence stood at Teacher Bear’s desk with a giant grin on her face, “My name is Confidence Heart Fennec and I’m here to teach you all how to sew a teddy bear!” She held up a brown stuffed bear she had picked up from Twin Bells earlier that week.

“Aren’t you from the high school part of this school?” A human boy from the class asked.

“Yes I am,” Confidence didn’t falter as she spoke, “But I’m ahead in my sewing class so I’m teaching this as extra credit, now let me show you the first things you need to know about using needles.”

As Confidence was going over the safety instructions, Eriol turned to Sweet Heart, “Isn’t she your brother’s girlfriend?”

“Huh? Oh yeah,” Sweet Heart had been momentarily dazed for some reason, “She made all the costumes for the play we put on at Christmas.”

“I would have loved to see that, so she can show us how to make these?” Eriol looked at the pile of materials that Tugs had volunteered to hand out while Confidence was giving her safety instructions.

“Alright, we have all week to make these so don’t rush,” Confidence grinned and picked up a needle and thread, “now let’s start with the basics.”

OoOoO

While getting Wish to see Dr. Parker was simple, she was much more resistant than Sweet Heart had been and Dr. Parker even cautioned that if Wish attempted suicide she may need to be put under observation for her own safety.

Love Heart and Loyal Heart stayed in the waiting room while Wish was in her session, Sage Heart and Life Heart made Love Heart promise he’d walk her home when she was done.

“Will she be alright?” Loyal Heart asked after a long silence.

“I don’t know, but at least she’s getting help,” Love Heart stared at his feet, “This whole thing is messed up, Wish doesn’t deserve this especially since she and Sweet Heart saved all our lives.” He turned to Loyal Heart, “And you shouldn’t be doubting yourself either. I know you’re Loyal Heart, my friend and a Care Bear Cousin so don’t tell yourself anything different.”

Loyal Heart managed a brief smile but then sighed, “I know what you’re saying and it makes sense… but it just doesn’t feel right in my heart,” he touched his chest, “If I even have a real heart.”

“Of course you do,” Love Heart put an arm around Loyal Heart’s shoulder which made the dog blush, “you helped me figure out how to capture the Earthy Card, if you were just Yue then you never would have done that.”

Loyal Heart’s ears perked up, “Really? I never thought about that.”

“Really,” Love Heart smiled, “Kero said he couldn’t tell me how to catch the cards so I doubt Yue could do the same even if he wanted to. You did that on your own, Loyal Heart.”

Loyal Heart blushed again, “Thanks, Love Heart.” He fidgeted in his chair.

“You want to kiss me don’t you,” Love Heart smirked.

“A little, but I’d never betray a friend’s trust like that.” Loyal averted his gaze a bit.

“Thanks,” Love Heart sat back and pulled out his heartphone to pass the time while they waited for Wish’s appointment to be over.

OoOoO

It was Friday afternoon when Teacher Bear’s class was nearly finished their teddy bears. Sweet Heart was supposed to be finished at the start of the class but she just stared somewhat disappointed at her bear.

Syaoran looked up from his bear over to Sweet Heart’s, “Sweet Heart, the ears look like-”

“Kero’s,” indeed the ears of Sweet Heart’s teddy bear were huge, each taking up the full sides of its head unlike the smaller rounded ears near the top in the intructions. She sighed, “After growing up around people who look like teddy bears you think I could get the ears right.”

“Something wrong?” Eriol walked over, holding his finished bear which looked almost perfect. He saw the bear in Sweet Heart’s hand and smiled, “That’s an interesting ear shape.”

“Yeah,” Sweet Heart looked up at Eriol, “they look like Kero’s ears.”

Eriol was slightly startled, “Kero? Who’s that?”

“Just a little guardian beast who lives with me,” Sweet Heart turned back to her bear, “he’s kinda like a lion bear thing, I’m sure you’ll meet him. It’s a long story and I don’t want to talk about it too much.”

“Well maybe I can help, I’m done see,” he held up his bear to show Sweet Heart, “You just need to make the ears smaller and move them up on the sides of the head like this. Mind if I help.”

“Please,” Sweet Heart nodded. Syaoran glared at Eriol but said nothing as he turned back to work on his own bear.

Sweet Heart was only half paying attention to Eriol’s work as she yawned. Eriol smirked as he sewed the right ear on and carefully slipped a folded piece of paper inside the stuffing which briefly emitted a faint red glow, though no one noticed.

Confidence was scanning the room when she saw what Eriol was doing and walked over to Sweet Heart’s desk. “Getting some help, Sweet Heart?”

“Huh?” Sweet Heart shook her head then looked up, “Sorry, was up late reading last night.”

“I just wanted to help her with her bear’s ears,” Eriol held up the bear with its right ear finished and the left ear still huge.

“You shouldn’t be using needles if you’re tired,” Confidence chuckled, “Looks like Kero’s ears.”

Eriol looked up at her, why did she know about the guardian and why did no one seem to be surprised by what they were hearing. He opted to just smile, “Sweet Heart said the same thing. Now for the other ear,” he waited until Confidence Heart left before he carefully used a seam ripper to get the second ear off and showed a now more alert Sweet Heart how to make the smaller ear.

By the end of the day, Sweet Heart was all too eager to head home, teddy bear clutched in her hands and ready to go to sleep.

OoOoO

While Wish was feeling better, she still asked Love Heart and Loyal Heart to walk her home half-an-hour before school officially let out on Friday, honestly afraid she might be temped to go to the edge again.

Love Heart stopped at the front door as Wish entered, “You want us to come in?”

Wish smiled, “No, thank you but I would like some time alone after school. I promise I’ll call or text you on the weekend.”

“I’ll come visit if I have time,” Loyal Heart said. He and Love Heart watched her close the door then turned to head home, crunching through the snow on the clouds and path.

“Want me to come over?” Love Heart asked as they approached the Forest of Feelings.

Loyal Heart smiled, “Thanks, but I could use some time alone and… well we’ve been hanging out a lot and I want to avoid tempting myself.”

Love Heart gently elbowed him through his coat, “I get it, see you later.” He turned to head for home. Loyal Heart watched him go then turned to head for his home.

OoOoO

Sweet Heart lagged behind every one else while getting dressed and said goodbye to Pretty Heart Skunk before she headed home; by the time she was dressed in her winter clothes the school was deserted. She stumbled as she stepped outside, teddy bear in hand and yawned as her lack of sleep was catching up to her.

Sweet Heart felt compelled to carry the bear instead of stuffing it in her backpack and halfway home she felt a pulse coming from the bear.

“What?” Sweet Heart looked down and saw the stuffed bear growing in her hand, she cried out and dropped it on the ground where it landed on its feet and continued to grow.

Love Heart was close enough to hear her cry out and turned to see the brown teddy bear grow to over six stories tall. “SWEET HEART!” Love Heart charged as he pulled out his key.

"Key of the Heart
With Powers Burning Bright
Reveal the Staff
And Shine Your Light
Release!"

He grabbed the staff in time to see Sweet Heart fall backwards, the shock of seeing the giant bear and her lack of sleep causing her to pass out.

“JUMP!” Love Heart called out the card’s name which made the Heart Book at his side pop open and The Jump spirit emerged, latching to Love Heart’s feet as small green wings. Love Heart felt the magic attach to his feet and took a horizontal leap, snatching Sweet Heart from where she lay before the giant plush bear could step on her; he hit the cloud painlessly thanks to Jump’s effect but was still lying on the ground some distance away.

“Uh? Love Heart?” Sweet Heart’s eyes fluttered open as Love Heart stood up, letting her lie on the clouds and snow.

“Just rest, sis, I’ll hand this.” Love Heart turned to face the teddy bear as he stomped towards them. It was too light to make an impact but that didn’t mean it wasn’t a threat.

“OK something’s gotta be making it grow,” Love Heart stood near Sweet Heart, not sure if it would follow him if he changed position.

“LOVE HEART!” Confidence’s voice cut across the area as she ran towards them, skidding to a halt, “I saw Eriol working on her bear, he redid the ears for her!”

Love Heart sighed in relief then smiled, “Thanks, look after Sweet Heart in case it comes after her.”

“Got it!” Confidence picked up Sweet Heart as Love Heart turned back to the approaching teddy.

“Gotta cut off an ear, but which one? Decide later!” Love Heart pulled another card out of the book and threw it up over his head.

"Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall
Ancient forces heed my call!
Sword Card, discard your former might
And draw new power from my light
Heart Card!"

The Sword card changed green and gold as fire flowed out of it and around Love Heart’s staff, changing it into The Sword though now with a heart shaped gem at the guard and cross-hilts shaped like wings. “Right, let’s do this you two.” Love Heart jumped right at the giant bear’s left ear, ready to swing, but was slapped out of the air by the bear’s arm which threw him to the ground. The impact didn’t hurt but Love Heart was momentarily disoriented by the impacts.

“Crap,” Love Heart stood up and turned back to the giant bear, which had turned to face him, “At least it’s facing me now.” Love Heart jumped up over the bear’s head and tried to slice down at an ear as he fell, only to be swatted aside again.

“Love Heart!” Kero shouted as he flew towards Love Heart as he his the clouds again, “Another magic attack?”

“Yeah,” Love Heart stood up, “One of the ears has something in it but I don’t know which one, or how to get close enough without getting smacked down.” Love Heart held The Sword in both hands and faced down the approaching giant stuffed animal.

“You can’t maneuver in the air using The Jump, you’ll have to try something else,” Kero said.

Love Heart jumped back as the bear approached and tried to smash down at him, Kero dodging aside. “I don’t have time to transform another card, even if I did I can’t use The Fly and The Sword at the same time and I’m not calling Yue, Loyal Heart’s been through enough.”

“Maybe I can, WHOA!” Kero had to dodge aside as the bear tried to step on him.

“Think think,” Love Heart wracked his brains as he was on the defensive, but had no time to consider his options.

“HIYA!” Confidence flew into a flying kick at the bear’s leg, the plush body absorbing her blow which forced her to land next to it, “HEY! DOWN HERE!” her cry seemed to draw the bear’s attention which gave Love Heart a moment to think.

“OK, I can’t do this with what I have… The Maze changed because I wanted it to maybe…” Love Heart looked down at his feet, sweating in his winter clothing now from all the activity. “Jump, I want to try something, please help me with this test.”

“OK,” The Jump’s voice replied in his head, “but what?”

“Jump off the air!” Love Heart jumped towards the bear. It seemed to lose interest in Confidence as Love Heart flew at it and spun around to swat him. Love Heart pulled his legs in and pushed at the air beneath him… and launched himself over the bear’s giant paw, having changed direction in mid-air!

“It worked!” Love Heart shouted, spinning around and jumping mid air again to launch himself at the bear’s head, slicing off it’s left ear before landing on the ground next to Confidence.

“Cool! How did you do that?” Confidence turned to Love Heart.

“I just made it happen, like the 3D maze,” Love Heart watched the giant ear fall and shrink, “Wrong one. Better try again!” Love Heart jumped right at the remaining ear but the bear hastily covered its ear and swatted at Love Heart with its free arm which Love Heart just barely dodged by jumping away from it in mid air.

“muffins and cookies! I can’t get close!” Love Heart bounced around in mid air, getting the hang of using The Jump’s new power. “Maybe I can think of something for The Sword.” He held the blade up in front of him and took a long jump upwards. “Sword, we can do this,” Love Heart looked down at the bear as he began to descend towards it and magic wrapped around The Sword.

The bear uncovered its ear as it turned to go after Sweet Heart again and Love Heart raised his sword, angling towards the bear as he fell, Love Heart swung out, and launched a transparent white crescent shaped beam at the bear’s ear and sliced it off before it could defend itself. As Love Heart fell he watched the bear shrink in size and twisted himself in mid air to land on his feet right as the bear returned to its normal size.

“Good, it’s over.” Love Heart sighed in relief and sealed The Sword. A small piece of folded paper floated down and Love Heart easily caught it, “what’s this?” he opened the page to find a magic circle, identical to the old Clow magic circle, drawn on the paper. He stuffed it in the pocket of his coat for later, he had other things to deal with now.

“What was amazing!” Confidence bounded over to Love Heart with a big grin on her face, “you just willed The Sword to shoot sword beams!”

“Yeah,” Love Heart yawned, “A bit too much though.”

“But wasn’t this all so much fun!” Confidence spun in place then stopped when she saw Love Heart’s expression turn sour.

“Fun? You think this is fun?” Love Heart’s voice had turned suddenly cold. “It’s not a game, Confidence, this is serious and I hoped the danger was over so no one else would be in danger.”

Confidence was a bit taken aback but tried to salvage the situation, “But it’s still fun, using magic and fighting monsters like this.”

“What’s wrong with you? This new stuff is just making things worse!” Love Heart shouted, “I mean not only is this putting people’s lives in danger but look at the damage that’s already been done: the park, Loyal Heart’s existential crisis, Wish Bear’s depression, my sister’s breakdown!” Love Heart’s voice got louder with each item and ended with him shouting and pointing the staff at where Sweet Heart still lay. “Is this excitement all that matters to you!?”

Confidence Heart took a step back, then glared at Love Heart as she steadied herself, “At least it’s something happening, you’d just be happy doing nothing if it wasn’t for the Clow Cards.”

“What?!” Love Heart was still too excited by his shouting to calm down and Confidence continued.

“I mean look how long it took you to get a driver’s license when everyone else got them years ago, or how long you took to tell Harmony you had a crush on her! If it wasn’t for the Clow Cards you might never have noticed how I felt until we were 30!” Confidence surprised herself but kept going, “How is it wrong to want some excitement in my life when the best I had was being ‘the weird animal girl’ for most of my life! These Clow Cards are the only reason we’re together and you want that all to end!”

“Only the magical dangers that killed everyone before Sweet Heart and Wish sacrificed to fix everything, not that,” Love Heart took a deep breath, “you really think that’s all our relationship is: just some adventure and that it’ll end once the magic dangers stop? You really think I’m that lazy?”

Confidence wilted slightly, “would you have even noticed me if I wasn’t helping you capture the Clow Cards?”

“Maybe…” Love Heart averted his gaze, “I mean…” there was silence for a minute, “I need to get Sweet Heart home.”

“Alright, I should head home too…” Confidence turned to walk towards the portal.

Love Heart walked over to Sweet Heart and crouched to pick her up.

“Wow! That was quite a show you two put on!”

Love Heart’s expression turned to one of disgust as he shot up and spun around to see Gift Bear approaching him in a winter coat and toque with an overly happy grin on her face.

“Gift Bear this is not a good time,” Love Heart felt his anger rising but after his shout-out with Confidence he didn’t want to explode at someone else again so soon.

“Oh, it looks like you two just had a fight and broke up,” she stopped near Love Heart and leaned closer so their noses almost touched, until Love Heart took a step back, “I mean I didn’t think it would happen this fast but I guess you two just weren’t meant to be.”

Despite his anger, those words stabbed at Love Heart’s heart and his expression softened momentarily until Gift Bear continued.

“So whaddya say, since you’re available now why don’t you invite me back to your place? It’ll be nice and cozy and-” she was cut off when Kero flew right up in her face.

“Back off, girl! Love Heart doesn’t want anything to do with you!” Kero shook his little arm at her in such a way that it would have looked like a fist.

Gift just stared at Kero for a moment then grabbed him by the arms, “what’s this thing? Some kinda mini care bear creature or robot?” she sounded completely confused.

“Hey! Let go!” Kero’s wings grew and he pulled away from her before assuming his true form in front of her, growling as he tensed as if ready to pounce. “I am Keroberos the guardian of the Clow Cards and their master, Love Heart Bear!”

Gift Bear took a step back, looking genuinely startled, “W-what? Master of the Clow Cards? This is all a joke right? I mean this is just some magic trick right?” her smile became a bit nervous.

“Gift Bear, go away,” Love Heart’s voice was calm as he retrieved the earless bear from where it had fallen.

“Huh?” Gift sounded a bit dazed.

“I said Bicycle Repair Man OFF!” Love Heart whipped around, his eyes blazing and teeth bared, “I’ve had enough I'm a loaf of bread with no raisins to deal with today so kindly Bicycle Repair Man off back to your little brother and leave us alone!” he walked over to where Sweet Heart still lay and picked her up.

“Here, I’ll carry her,” Keroberos walked over to Love Heart and Sweet Heart.

Love Heart smiled, tired from both card transformations and his unusual amount of swearing, “Thanks, Keroberos,” he carefully lay her on the guardian beast’s back and he lifted his wings up to help her stay on as they headed home.

Gift Bear just stood there stunned until a sarcastic voice snapped her out of it. “My my, it seems you made a big mistake.”

Gift looked up to see Spinel hovering nearby, just high enough to be out of her current height’s reach, “Spinel? What do you mean?”

“What, no ‘Spinny’ today?” the small black cat smirked, “You must be out of it. Master Eriol was watching the whole fight so he sent me to inform you: Sweet Heart Pegasus wasn’t the Cardcaptor and isn’t the master of the Clow Cards, Love Heart Bear is.”

“But Master Eriol’s visions…”

“Were apparently of a different timeline,” Spinel turned to where Love Heart, Keroberos and Sweet Heart had vanished into the evening, “Sweet Heart was the Cardcaptor once but after failing she decided to reverse the time flow with the help of another member of this interesting family and Love Heart ended up releasing the cards because he has similar magic.” Spinel turned, “for now, let’s return to Master Eriol and figure out how to proceed with this new information.”

Gift Bear just nodded and followed Spinel home, still unsure what to say.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

You put a lot of effort into this. I'm impressed by your work ethic.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This just keeps getting better and better and this chapter was worth the wait! Wonderful job on putting it together and welcome back!