2022/04/05 - A Panda Of Many Hats

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Title Text: maybe I forgot, maybe I brought it out my eyes, you don't know

Gotta say, the bonnet makes Todd fit right in with the Country Bears Jamboree!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
MrBlueSky7

Re: 2022/04/05 - A Panda Of Many Hats

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Sounds like he might need clearance from Bahamut in order to do something as drastic as reverse time....
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

MrBlueSky7 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:03 am Sounds like he might need clearance from Bahamut in order to do something as drastic as reverse time....
It's funny you mention that cause that brings up a bit of an issue: Who's to say that, IF they reverse time to the moment where Steward never met Eudoant and, say, back to where Marion first transformed...that the whole 'People Turning Into Animals' would still happen but under different circumstances?

(As you can tell, I'm not a fan of the idea in general lol)
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

"Don't you know better than to question a god?"
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

The problem with reversing time (from the comic readers point of view) is that you’re invalidating a whole bunch of comic strips. And while Bahmut is the ultimate God in the comic, Rick is the real ultimate God in the actual universe the comic exists in.

Finding a solution without time travel is more fun anyways.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Cosmacelf wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:37 am The problem with reversing time (from the comic readers point of view) is that you’re invalidating a whole bunch of comic strips. And while Bahmut is the ultimate God in the comic, Rick is the real ultimate God in the actual universe the comic exists in.

True. Reversing Time also reverses character development for the characters that happened during this whole event (like Marion and Lois). Personally, I see this arc ending with a choice: Either remain animal or return to a boring human life....OR remain an animal but you can be a different one (within reason so no one can be a Pokemon lol).
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

“I’m godly, guys, but with a gentle ‘g’;
I can’t just reverse all that has been done.
It’d take a special reason to try
and might alert evil under the sun.
There’s things that tell the tales of terror
that we still have to track and trace and fight.
Time’s still counting down to zero right now
and this whole world is falling into night.
I need to know where the Demon is to
and how his evil plans are progressing.
Against that all things are balanced, you see;
and the final fate is coalescing."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

The citizens are still turned into animals and they're still unaware of that... Also, Great Kitsune and the others are still in the city on earth, indeed. The aardvark is aware to have become as such, at least. :| Aww, Steward is again sorry for what he has done. :P I guess Great Kitsune can't do something so greater like that, Todd. :roll: The question now is, what can he do to fix this mess, then? There are the other two demons to defeat, anyway. Eheh, Todd was keeping the bonnet on the head, despite in the previous comic page didn't look so. ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Guys, guys, guys, what GK is avoiding telling you is what I've always said ... "It's the twenty-first century; everything's complicated, nothing works."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I still think that Steward is gonna be a threat in some other way after the extreme guilt he feels wears off. I don't buy that he would switch sides just because Kitsune destroyed his demon form.
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

SeanWolf wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:52 am
Cosmacelf wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:37 am The problem with reversing time (from the comic readers point of view) is that you’re invalidating a whole bunch of comic strips. And while Bahmut is the ultimate God in the comic, Rick is the real ultimate God in the actual universe the comic exists in.

True. Reversing Time also reverses character development for the characters that happened during this whole event (like Marion and Lois). Personally, I see this arc ending with a choice: Either remain animal or return to a boring human life....OR remain an animal but you can be a different one (within reason so no one can be a Pokemon lol).
And besides, we already know what Rick, or at least Grape, thinks of retcons that invalidate the past…

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... -of-sleep/
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

"What do you think I am,Todd? Some kind of superman,too?"

Suggested alternate hover text : Everything's better with Blue Bonnet on it.(even Todd)
Last edited by Startrekfan47 on Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnwolf

Post by johnwolf »

Ok, issue, if you can change them into animals without them noticing, then the reverse is ALSO true. Secondly, Kitsune NEEDS to fix it because this is his mess he needs to clean up. Because he DIDN'T clean it up the first time. Now, if he said, "we need to find every demon first or else I'll be too busy fixing this and letting them get away". I'd believe that.
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

Kitsune said he wasn’t changing them back, for now. Which implies he will do it, or plans to do it, later…
johnwolf

Post by johnwolf »

Cosmacelf wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:26 pm Kitsune said he wasn’t changing them back, for now. Which implies he will do it, or plans to do it, later…
No, what he said is For Now he's gonna keep people not knowing they change This implies that he'll Eventually have people realize they're animals, not that he'll change them back.

Now, if he said For now, i'm gonna keep them unaware and unchanged then it applies he was gonna change him back. the fact he left out the change part means that he can't/won't change them back.

and the fact he adds on "i can't just undo the change" means he isn't gonna.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I’m wondering if there is either protocol that he has to follow, or, and I’ve been leaning into this more as time moves on, he’s a lot weaker than he lets on, and removing a Celestial curse is beyond his power. We alReady know he’s lower on the hierarchy than other Celestials, which makes sense, we’ve been told multiple times that the gaming group have a lot of growing up to do. Maybe his overall inability to fix things was the reason he spoke around the possibility of changing King, Marion and Lois back. In regards to the former, it had to be relegated to a boon.

Of course, this theory does throw into question the power scaling, since Dragon stated she could have removed the curse with King. :?:

Well, gonna have to wait for a full explanation, hopefully next update.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

There's also another possibility. he might not be able to. The transformations were powered by the coin. The coin that was part of the treasure cursed by Pete. In a lot of tales, it's extremely hard to reverse someone else's curse. You, generally speaking, need to have much more power than the curse originator and I'm not sure Kit has.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
johnwolf

Post by johnwolf »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:17 am There's also another possibility. he might not be able to. The transformations were powered by the coin. The coin that was part of the treasure cursed by Pete. In a lot of tales, it's extremely hard to reverse someone else's curse. You, generally speaking, need to have much more power than the curse originator and I'm not sure Kit has.
That sounds like an even GREATER issue if that's the case. Kitsune basically let pete and Dragon Larp around in the mortal world, implementing REAL magic and cursed relics, that he couldn't remove. and he did all this to teach Pete and Dragon a Life lesson, and that's something who's Irresponsible would do.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Which might be why that at the end of this Kitsune also ends up becoming a mortal.
johnwolf

Post by johnwolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:10 am Which might be why that at the end of this Kitsune also ends up becoming a mortal.
to be fair, he has been a mortal for multiple life times.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

johnwolf wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:43 am
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:17 am There's also another possibility. he might not be able to. The transformations were powered by the coin. The coin that was part of the treasure cursed by Pete. In a lot of tales, it's extremely hard to reverse someone else's curse. You, generally speaking, need to have much more power than the curse originator and I'm not sure Kit has.
That sounds like an even GREATER issue if that's the case. Kitsune basically let pete and Dragon Larp around in the mortal world, implementing REAL magic and cursed relics, that he couldn't remove. and he did all this to teach Pete and Dragon a Life lesson, and that's something who's Irresponsible would do.
Imagine a LARP where the players start laying landmines that the group leader doesn't know how to defuse, because somehow this is supposed to teach the group a lesson about responsibility
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

VeryAngryDeer wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:18 am
johnwolf wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:43 am
Imagine a LARP where the players start laying landmines that the group leader doesn't know how to defuse, because somehow this is supposed to teach the group a lesson about responsibility
Watched Avengers:- Infinity War? Strange puts a simple - unbreakable - spell on the eye of Agamotto when facing Ebony Maw. Ebony Maw then has to take him alive because, as Strange put it, Ebony would find it "...very difficult to break a dead man's spell." And part of that is he doesn't know what spell it is he has to break! I'd imagine it's much the same for curses. Every one has to be broken a specific way or it doesn't work.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
PhycoKrusk

Post by PhycoKrusk »

The simplest reason Kitsune isn't just undoing everything is that Eudoant is still at large. If he just undoes everything, the gig is up, Eudoant knows that time is up, and the plan is put on hold until another opportunity presents itself. If he leaves everything as it is right now, they have a chance to do something about that.

Steward's rampage, after all, is just a symptom.
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

Actually, we don’t know what Eudoant’s plan is, do we? He was about to tell us when Negabreel said, “Don’t care, bye!”.
johnwolf

Post by johnwolf »

PhycoKrusk wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:46 am The simplest reason Kitsune isn't just undoing everything is that Eudoant is still at large. If he just undoes everything, the gig is up, Eudoant knows that time is up, and the plan is put on hold until another opportunity presents itself. If he leaves everything as it is right now, they have a chance to do something about that.

Steward's rampage, after all, is just a symptom.
no, he's not gonna change them back period. he only talks about keeping the people in the dark so Eudoant doesn't catch on. I am all for keeping the curse to keep appearances until we get him but he's not changing them back, only to have them realize they changed.

Also, is it just me or is Marion bigger then normal....
Last edited by johnwolf on Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I sort of realized that Lois and Marion will probably prefer their animal forms as Rick has laid the groundwork for them liking it. So if the change is permanent for them I would be OK.

But I DO hope that Kitsune at least fixes Marion and Lois's genders.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

And as King found out,no one curses like Pete.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

Startrekfan47 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:49 pm [quote="Welsh Halfwit" post_id=942194 time=<a href="tel:1649222225">1649222225</a> user_id=4889]
There's also another possibility. he might not be able to. The transformations were powered by the coin. The coin that was part of the treasure cursed by Pete. In a lot of tales, it's extremely hard to reverse someone else's curse. You, generally speaking, need to have much more power than the curse originator and I'm not sure Kit has.
And as King found out,no one curses like Pete.
[/quote]
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:04 pm I sort of realized that Lois and Marion will probably prefer their animal forms as Rick has laid the groundwork for them liking it. So if the change is permanent for them I would be OK.

But I DO hope that Kitsune at least fixes Marion and Lois's genders.
We still need to find out if Marion still has his nut allergy.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure that Marion will get right on that after he makes sure that the world doesn't end as we know it because an angry former accountant who wanted revenge on his former employer started turning people into animals and stopping another demon from his nefarious plots.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

I forgot that they were (Some reason, my mind was thinking they were similar to King's predicament but he never interacted with the coin (So he and Bailey are still safe)) which did get me thinking about the whole 'Something more powerful than the curse's originator' and I had this thought:

Let's say Kitsune and company do find Euodant and have a fight and whoop him to the next planet, but not before Eudoant reveals the curse is irreversible due to the shattering of the coin. This is where my theory comes in: What if all it takes to fix this whole situation (The Curse Of The Coin) is for Steward to undo the curse? Think about; He was the main cause of the situation everyone is currently in, due to his hubris, so this would mean the curse is tied to him as well as Pete (for placing the curse in the first place). What if, all he had to do, was to hold the coin and repent of his ways, so to speak, and that fixes the situation (save for Marion and Lois as they decide that being a fuzzy animal is actually pretty fun). turning everyone afflicted by the coins back into humans?
vulpinator

Post by vulpinator »

I know we’re all expecting Kix to come in and drag Kitsune by the ear to beat him into fixing this problem.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

AS we used to say in the Army, "It's complicated". I assumed, boneheadedly, that it's Pete's curse. GK is more powerful than Pete so GK should be able to reverse it. Or get Pete to reverse it. We know from the experiences of Joel/King, Res, and Pete/Dragon that GK can foresee multiple alternative futures at once but, I grant, that doesn't grant ol'nine-tails the power to reverse a decision...or the consequences that might result.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

There's one problem with getting Pete to reverse the curse...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

In order for Pete to do that, they would have to figure out a way to reverse his current punishment. If Kitsune can't break Pete's curse, then I'm not sure he can stop their punishment.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Oh, he can break that. He put it on. But then... Can he trust Pete?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

In a sense,doesn't leaving them not knowing if they were human or animal before forfill Father Milton's quest of a level field for all?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It might but Keene's push for an equal playing field isn't what is at the top of everybody's minds. Right now they just want to present demons from taking over and unleashing a demonic army on Earth or worse destroying it.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Stasis is best, says the fox almighty
Until I can get the city alrighty
But Lois won't have it, just fix it, get ready
And Todd's bonnet says it's naptime already

Everyone's frustrated and really quite peeved
As god foxboy's excuses are not all believed
And Steward cries, saying he's sorry-
But it's GK who really should worry.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Todd might as well have taken a nap since he was the first one in the battle taken out.