Breel, My Literal Angel From Heaven

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Dewriter

Breel, My Literal Angel From Heaven

Post by Dewriter »

Hello all. I have here a not-so-much fanfic about Breel and Keene and their budding relationship. It's more of a more detailed retelling of events from Keene's perspective. For those of you who want to read about feelings and smooches, advance. Rated PG-13 for all the love.

Content warnings: Smooching and thinking about smooching. One instance of violence (Keene being whipped in Pandemonium). A single swear! (gasp! but relax I've seen PG rated movies use the word so I figure it's fine)

Here you go

I can't believe I'm sitting here, a week before my own wedding, pen twirling between my fingers, still unable to figure out my own vows. Lana will not get off my case about it, "Keene, this is literally the only thing you have to do! No you can't handle the decorations, because 'diamond flower arrangements' are not a thing. Stay away from the catering crew, not every dish needs gold flakes, where did you get four metric tons of gold bars anyway?" Bla bla bla bla bla.

It's not like I don't want to write my vows. It's more like the idea of putting in words what Breel means to me makes me want to... do literally anything else. Fine, so I've never been the best at feelings, sue me, I'd win. As for what I'm doing, I'm writing down what comes to mind, seeing if the words will just tumble out on the page. It was Duke's suggestion, actually. Well, not actually. Lana was on my case for the umptillionth time, Duke was watching our argument like a Japanese championship ping pong match. After talking in circles with Lana for nearly an hour Duke just squeaked out "Just write down what you feel about him!" This startlingly simple but very stupid idea (considering if I could have done that this wouldn't be a problem) seemed to have flipped a switch in my head. Not that that idea's what I'm doing, this is my own idea. Patent pending: Start at the beginning and see how it goes.

So... here it goes. The story of me and Breel. A tale of Heaven and Hell, magic(k) and money, love and pure stupidity.
I found myself wandering about some sort of plaza without any memory of getting there. This wasn't an unusual turn of events; I've had my fair share of orange soda benders. What was unusual though was that there was a frankly astonishing variety and quantity of animals all around. Looking up, I asked a rather friendly looking hippo (by which I mean friendly looking -for- a hippo) where I was.
"The M33 Special Portal Junction of course!" She said, rather chipper.

"Thanks, THAT helps." It didn't actually help, but I felt the need to make her feel like she had. It was up to me to figure things out for myself. I had to find the most important building in the area, in hopes it would be an embassy. Ten seconds into my search though, I saw a building with the sign "Weasel Massage Parlor". Certainly that was the most important building in the area, so I went straight in.

What met me the second I walked in was, and I'll allow myself to be a bit of a sap here, fate, pure and simple. Looking upon Breel for the first time as he walked up to me I found myself in a situation I'd never been in before, I couldn't find words to say. For the life of me I could not understand why looking at him was making every syllable catch in my chest. I felt my face start to flush as he took my hands in his, my eyes locked on him and nothing else.

"Hello! Come for the special?" His voice was a bit deeper than mine, and for some reason I could feel it lift the tip of my tail like a snake would for a charmer's flute.

"Wow uh--- Do... you not wear collars here?" I asked, likely sounding rather stupid. I know it was my brain trying to find any words to say to this literal angel in front of me, but did my first words to him have to be -that-? Couldn't it have been something cool like "I'm a billionaire philanthropist." Or, "You ever built forty miles of tubes to crawl through? I have. I call it Tube City. Want to go?"

His smile stayed through my entire confused ramblings. I had no idea I was in Heaven, but he was happy to help me through whatever crisis I seemed to be going through. My chest never stopped tingling... and I told myself it had to be the remnants of whatever bender I was on last night. It didn't take long for me to ask for his phone; I had to call home, or one of my lawyers, get them to come pick me up.

I refused to acknowledge the tingly buzzing feelings I had as he scooted up against me, a theme that's rather consistent through this adventure, and in their place I shoved in a pile of frustration at not being able to get my call out. Breel popped in about some course I had to go through to contact anyone "outside", saying it'd take four whole months.

"Four months?! What would I even do until then?!" My indignation was cut down as my heart skipped multiple beats. Breel's tail had wrapped around my back, his head bent backwards toward me in a show of flexibility that stopped my thoughts dead.

"I was hoping the background would give you a hint." His sultry eyes and beautiful... yes beautiful I don't care you insecure thoughts I think he's beautiful, sue me, you'd lose even though you're me because I'm better than you. Beautiful smile... where was I going--right. All that, his chest fur puffed out, I felt like a kit in a candy store. Rampaging confusion coursed through me as I fought against my sudden urge to hold him, seeing what kissing him upside down would feel like.

As was the theme of my journey, I swallowed those feelings. He took my silence as a denial, and the way his face fell still bothers me to this day. It wasn't even overt, it was the smallest shrink of his smile, the relaxing of his eyes as he straightened. If I had a time travel machine I would go back and slap myself. I could have been with him for so much longer... you know, even though I was only there for a day and the next day we met months later was when we got together even though we technically spent a different amount of time in Hell so it's even longer--I'm getting ahead of myself. But, note to self, invest in time travel technology.

I don't know how he convinced me, but instead of going right away to sign up for those courses he mentioned, we ended up going into the back of the massage parlor where I received a massage I can only describe as "mustelid exclusive". The twisting and rolling made me feel simultaneously more alive and relaxed than I had in years. Breel the masseuses and I all went out for lunch afterwards, where I regaled them with my amazing stories of how I spent my money and how funny I am. As I told the story about the torn up back yard and that really good anteater line, I realized I'd been leaning up against Breel for nearly an hour. It was so natural I hadn't even registered it. I... and you know the pattern by now, buried that under a sense of urgency to get back home. I ignored how I'd never been that comfortable even in my $470k custom designer chair. I ignored how his scent clinging to me made my fur bristle. I callously started to write a check, shoving it into Breel's chest in some sad attempt to separate us.
The next part doesn't really involve him so I'll do a bit of shortening. He and the masseuses took me to Heaven orientation where I found out I was dead (even though I wasn't, really). I met Cerberus who took me to a magic(k)al pool that forced me to remember my (not so) last moments of life. I ran away and found my mom, had her hold me as I bore my soul about my life since she... left. Cerberus found me and took me to go see "something important for me to witness". So me and my mom went to some tram that Heaven has (because apparently teleportation is too cool for there), when out of the blue, Breel came running up to us.

"Aren't YOU a looker!" My mom crooned. For some reason--no not for some reason you -know- why this happened Keene. Because of my burgeoning feelings and attraction for Breel, I felt an intense mixture of embarrassment at my mom calling the guy I liked cute, and a sort of defensive jealousy. I knew she wasn't saying that because she was interested in him, but something like a tiny rabid raccoon woke up in my chest. He was -my- looker. And she couldn't have him! I couldn't stop the tiny beast from throwing a fit even though I knew it was untrue, and regardless of my awareness I went flush once more as we boarded the train.

The ride was short. Like, less than a minute short. I regret it wasn't longer... see, there was a semi-large bump in the track that sent me off balance... and Breel caught my hand to keep me steady. And... we didn't exactly... let go. Hey, wait, why would Heaven's tram system have a bump in it? And why didn't anyone else jostle around? Mrrrrrrrgh... Heaven pushing us together again I swear... I mean I'm grateful but, still.

Anyway, we went to go meet my dad, who helped me come to the realization that I wanted to make him proud, that I wanted to be the one who fixes everyone’s problems. With that revelation I decided I'd go haunt Earth to try and finish my mission. Breel nearly tackled me with a hug and gave me an altogether too friendly noogie. I would have appreciated a little more... but considering how awful and standoffish I'd been the whole trip I don't think I deserved any more than what I got. Then my dad hit on my mom and it was weird--oh yea my dad's a ferret but he was a human and he's not my biological dad--this doesn't matter Keene, focus.

It was far too long before I saw him again. I threw myself into my work, trying to “fix the world” with a combination of money and magic(k). At night though, dreams of Breel happened with such frequency that at some point I convinced myself he was haunting me. Each night we would be somewhere new, walking, sitting on a bench, eating a meal together... And every time he'd be smiling at me with that face... -that- face. The one I could never look away from, that drew my gaze like a neodymium magnet. He'd draw closer, I'd smell his musk mixing in with the hot swirls of his breath. His lips part, softly, with a gentle wet sound. And then I'd wake up, stare blankly at the ceiling for ten to twenty minutes as I calmed down, then promptly bite my own hand to snap out of it, get the cooks to make me a far too large breakfast, and distract myself with business until I slept again.

Eventually, all my plotting started to come together. To achieve my dream, I put together an expedition. The mission was to send groups to find some sort of mana pool in the temple my father brought home so that I could gain the power to make humans and animals equal. A simple and brilliant plan that for some reason a lot of people thought was rather stupid. Of course -now- I know taking a huge and dangerous shortcut like that was idiotic, but don't tell that to past me. He'd just go for it twice as hard.

I arranged a meeting to discuss my plan with the cat Sabrina, who had dealt with the celestial magic(k)s from the temple in the past. She not only refused to help me, but declared she would make her own team to dive into the temple first with the goal of draining the mana pool before I could get to it. Frustrated with the lack of cooperation from those more familiar with magic(k) I stomped my way back to my office to the surprise of my life, and that includes when I found out I was dead-not-really-dead. Breel was sitting behind my desk with a halo over his head, posing so casually you'd figure there was nothing unusual about someone dead sitting in the chair of a multi-billion dollar CEO. For the second time in my life I was stunned speechless, and by the same hunky pine marten no less. He bound forward, crushing me in a hug that lasted much, much less long than I would have liked.

"Ahh! It's so good to see you!" The glee in his voice sent my heart out through my chest, it was like hearing a beautiful song I'd long forgotten. I could feel my lips starting to draw towards his, our faces were already pressed against each other after all. Then, with all the stupidity of an emotionally stunted ferret, I spoke instead of acting.

"Breel?! What are you DOING here?!" The hug broke, and with it that elated mood that rose up inside me. "Aren't you... you know?" I touched his cheek, my fingers fanning open as they prepared to run through his fur... but he drew away.

"Dead. You can say dead." He had a lot of fun telling me all about how he wasn't a ghost, tail swishing about behind him and a grin that refused to leave his face. He was an angel... no, a muse. The latter I absolutely agree to, considering my life's ambitions have revolved around him entirely these last few years. "Anyway, difference is I got this cool halo." He grinned, poking it with a finger. He was here to help me, he said, something about mortals not handling celestial matters and things could go wrong.

I hardly paid attention. My mind was tearing itself in half with the realities in front of me. On one hand, I had finally begun the expedition to fulfill my life's goals as quickly and easily as possible. On the other, my literal angel from heaven was here in front of me and my absolute moron past self was busying himself with not feeling what would have made me so happy... the feeling that would have prevented the biggest mistake I have ever made.

The teams I sent into the temple took so long I had to turn in for the night. I bid my siblings goodnight, hugged Breel (for what I determined to be a more appropriate length of time, approximately forty seconds), popped on my nightcap, and slid into bed. What I hadn't expected was Breel slipping in right after me. I didn't say a word, I couldn't. I had to focus on the mission. Everything I ever wanted was right in front of me, just hours away.
If I... if I let myself feel what I knew deep down I was feeling, what I always wanted would change. Everything I had worked for for years would just dissolve. What nobody ever seems to tell you though, is that it's okay for your dreams to change. It's okay to -let- them change. I was such a bullheaded idiot that even though I could see myself being happy with him... even through all my denial and rejection... I refused to change my heart. As he wrapped his arms around me, letting me feel how perfectly we fit together... I feigned going to sleep right away. It was a soft "Goodnight Keenie" and a gentle kiss behind my ear, his warm sweet breath drifting about my head, that nearly broke me. It was only with a singular strength of rampantly stupid will that I forced myself to not turn and finally lock lips with him. To finally hear his breath quicken, treating me to more huffs rustling the fur on my cheek. Finally feeling his tongue press against mine... but no, I'd have to wait for that. Because, as I will state over and over until the day I die, and for eternity afterwards, my past self might be the dumbest ferret to ever grace the Earth.

I don't know when I fell asleep, or even if I did. The fits I spent fighting with myself kept me up for what felt like hours. But finally I was summoned into the mana pool via a brilliant system I’d set up beforehand. Quite rudely, I was tackled immediately to the floor. The ensuing struggle between myself and Tarot, a Pomeranian who was hellbent on making sure I didn't get my wish, knocked over the chalice holding the mana. Through my expert maneuvering which was in no way random or happenstance, I nearly got into the pool. Breel was there to catch me though, as he wasn't mortal he could stand in the pool without it affecting him. He carried me to the shore where I made the aforementioned greatest mistake I had ever made.

"BREEL! Step aside!" I screamed like an angry kit who didn't get to eat ice cream for dinner.

"I'm under no obligation to do things your way." He replied, a surprising calm in his voice. "I'm not letting you or anyone else in until they're ready to do this safely!"

"I didn't ask for your help!" I glared at him.

"No but you enjoy it just the same." He said, that grin I never want to live without appearing on that perfect face of his. He put his hands on my shoulders. I knew I liked him, he knew I knew I liked him, I knew he liked me, he knew I knew he liked me. He was so patient... he let me go at my own pace, he made sure I was comfortable and still... and still I...

"Can we not do this now?" I mumbled with a blush on my cheeks. This meek turn in my rage was all too brief. I wheeled about on him, anger resounding in every syllable. "I'M SERIOUS! I am THIS CLOSE to having all my dreams fulfilled and you're STANDING IN MY WAY!"

"And that's why I'm trying to help you!" If I had taken an extra half second to let the tiny heartbreak in his voice sink in, maybe I wouldn't have taken that crack and torn it in half...

"If you want to help then GO AWAY AND LEAVE ME ALONE!" I didn't even have to finish screaming to regret what I did. His face still swims in the darkest blackness of my regrets. The way it fell, the way he looked away. The way he held his hand up to stop me from trying to fix it.

"Fine." That tiny, deflated sadness filled my heart like frozen concrete. It sank through my body and anchored my feet to the floor.

"Breel, I--" I tried... I tried to undo it, but I'd gone too far.

"I'll go." He turned away from me, his eyes swimming with tears. I couldn't follow. He didn't want me to step into the mana pool... I couldn't, not after what I had just done. A single tear dripped down his cheek into the glowing white liquid... when all Hell broke loose... literally.

My icy heartbreak was instantaneously replaced with white hot terror. The tear that hit the pool tore a hole in reality. A demon like the skeleton of a massive dragon, lava pouring from every crevace burst forth, booming out in a voice that rattled my bones about nothingness and being forgotten. His words were lost on me as I watched him reach straight for Breel. He fought for only a few seconds... I was helpless to watch this manifestation of the void grab my precious angel and drag him into Hell. It was all my fault. I'd destroyed everything I ever wanted without ever telling him he was all I'd ever need.

I was about to jump through the portal when Tarot stopped me. I yelled, my brilliant destruction of her lack of foresight in warning me causing a turn in character. She told me that through my nightcap and the magic of the temple, I had come into power (because apparently the temple is very silly and all you need do is wear a hat to become a demi-god). That that was how I was able to fend her off during our struggle. I had obtained the power of dreams, and all I had to do was fly, without thinking about it. Being naturally amazing at nearly everything, I was able to fly within seconds. With a few words of goodbye, Tarot began to drain the mana pool, and if I didn't find Breel and bring him back in time... it meant we were stuck there forever. Swooping through the portal, I called out for him, over and over, the eerie dark buildings and foreboding atmosphere of Pandemonium sending my tail trembling. Hopelessness filled my chest, but I forced myself to push forward... for Breel. After what felt like an hour, I found myself in the company of a creepy little shadowy raptor flying alongside me, saying his name was Breel. Correcting immediately that it wasn't but I could take him back Earth regardless... and he called me Daddy. Eeeegh...

It didn't take much longer, but I came upon a large open building with demons who weren’t trying to actively shoot me down. Walking in with my new unwanted companion, I came upon a large goat-like demon named Eudoant. Creepy guy, sunken in stomach, four ears, glowing green eyes. And because I'm an idiot I followed him without thinking and got tricked into eternal servitude, unbreakable shackles attached to my wrists, my nightcap taken away so I couldn't fly anymore. All that was left to me was hard labor. Every link in the chain I was forced to make for no reason, every crack of the whip that split my back, every drop of my own blood I was forced to scrub up just reminded me of how much I had screwed up. I knew I deserved this. Nothing would ever make up for how badly I had hurt Breel. For condemning him to this fate.

I don't know how long it took; time was different in Pandemonium, my new home. I started to lose hope. I'd never see him again. Never see that smile, never smell his scent, never explore what it really meant to be with him... But then, one night as Eudoant held me like his personal teddy bear, that creepy raptor demon came squeaking about how he had found Breel. He'd only tell me on the condition I'd take him to Earth. Of course, there was no way I couldn't agree. His eyes glowed bright with an eerie "Then the contract is sealed" echoing out from him even though his lips never moved. I decided I'd think about that later.

He got my cap out of the container it was in by... well, by licking the side of the thing and melting the thick glass. Deciding I'd think about that later, I flew after the creepy demon straight to a tower, begging him in my mind to fly faster. The grating sounds of a grinding wheel sounded as we approached, nasty images of Breel being forced into it flashed through my mind's eye. Looking in through the window though, I saw him. Breel, looking perfectly untouched. My elation at seeing him unharmed was stymied just a bit by my confusion and jealousy that he wasn't hurt. I mean, yes I know I needed the punishment but the fact that the demons chose to punish me when they could have not rather bothered me.

Deciding I'd think about that later, I bolted over to him, taking the chains he was shackled to on the floor and pulling as hard as I could. My reunion with him could wait until he was free.

"I heard you were coming, but you didn't have to go through all this trouble just for me..." He sounded worried. Worried for -me-. Me who put him in this situation. His capacity for caring about others is something I will never be able to understand. Especially not for a worthless tiny ferret who'd condemn others to Hell if it meant he could get a bit of power. But I'll be damned (again) if I didn't say it was part of why I love him so much.
"That's not the point!" I had started to tear up, fighting through my quavering voice and sniffles to tell him what I needed to. "The point is that I thought I was ready to make ANY sacrifice to get what I wanted... and I'm not!" My heroic rescue was cut at that moment as my legs seemed to have given out. I fell to the floor with a loud rattling of chains, avoiding Breel's gaze.

"Keene, if I couldn't break that chain what makes you think you can." He sighed, patting my foot which was now pointed straight in the air.
"This isn't a breakout, this is penance." In retrospect I could have been a little more reassuring and way more masculine... I tugged at the chain again, over, and over, and over, my hands grew raw as the spikes dug into my skin, my back felt like it was splitting in two. Finally I collapsed backwards, tears starting to well in my eyes again.

"AUGH! Why's everything I want have to be just out of reach?.." My frustration imploded into fits of sobbing. I'd doomed us both in my bid for power. The demons would separate us again and we'd never see each other. My tears flowed freely; I hardly registered Breel's arm wrapping around me, his chest against my cheek. "I am -so sorry-. This whole enterprise was a mistake, I didn't mean to drag you into it, I didn't mean to get upset, I was just SO CLOSE... I completely lost sight of everything else that was importan--" I felt Breel grab my shoulders. My eyes opened as he pulled me up. I gazed at him, seeing the light dancing behind his beautiful eyes the moment before they closed. With a sharp tug he pulled me towards him... and finally... with a roiling explosion of emotions that sent my head and heart spinning, he kissed me. His lips were so soft, his tongue felt like more than I had dreamed it would, the breath on my cheek past what I had imagined.

I didn't need my nightcap to fly in that moment. I felt a world of worry and self hate and fear dissolve as he held me. I swear that single moment lasted longer than my entire time in Hell. When we parted though, something felt off... better... lighter. Our shackles had dissolved. I looked up at him, tears reforming in my eyes for an entirely different reason.

"Hey! That seems to have done the trick." Breel cheered. I hardly cared. I wanted to be in his arms again.

"Good to know, can we keep kissing?" I slid up to him, our eyes meeting once again. I could feel the ghost of his tongue against mine, against the roof of my mouth, exploring every crevice. My trance was broken when the demon screamed.

"No! Earth NOW!" He shrieked. As much as I hated to admit, he was right. Tearing myself away from this moment, we flew our way back to the portal to see that awful demon that had taken Breel still trying to shove his way through. As we were trying to figure out a plan of attack to get back home, who would appear but Eudoant, a small army of demons at his flanks. We decided that bolting like lightning through the portal in total disregard for the dangers of flying directly next to an angry lava dragon skeleton demon was the best plan.

I shot through, carrying both of them, straight past the demon, straight past a giant super buff cat who was fighting the demon for some reason. I screamed "SEAL IT SEAL IT SEAL IT" as I whizzed by, a brown and black blur.

The temple was crumbling around us as the portal closed. That cat had used up all the mana for the endeavor and there was nothing left for us to get home with. Those who were left were standing around, just waiting to be crushed. But then, the instant before despair was poised to take over us all, my startling genius came to the fore. My nightcap had bestowed upon me "dream power", if I still had that then I could...

We all woke up in my bed, safe and sound. After a brief fit of rage at how simple our escape was, everyone started sorting themselves out. The denizens of Heaven who came to help out went back after saying their goodbyes, save Breel. The teams that dove into the temple all went back to their normal lives. And I did what I always did... I got to work.

With lightning efficiency I arranged to have Lana take over the company. Within hours I was at a press conference to announce as much. My urgency to end my tenure as CEO was fueled by the thought that there was absolutely no way I would dare be in a relationship with Breel in any regard still heading that company that had corrupted my soul. And so, with my position officially filled, I went back home. Home... to Breel. The entire limo ride home felt like an eternity. I was finally going to hold him, feel my fingers raking his fur, bury my face in his neck and take in his musk until become a part of me. I vaulted out of the limo and through the front doors, unable to wait a second longer. The mansion, though, was strangely empty. I called out, hearing only a faraway echo of my own voice in reply. I had no choice but to wander in search of anyone... until I found a rose petal on the floor. I bent down to pick it up, the flowery scent tickled my nostrils, but it wasn't just that, another, familiar, exciting, masculine scent was on it too. My heart beating a frantic rhythm, I looked around for another, spying several more down the hall. It was a trail. I followed it, my heart seeming to pump harder with each petal I passed. They grew in frequency and density, until finally I reached my bedroom door... the bottom foot was completely covered in what I could only describe as a "snowdrift" of rose petals. Wading my way through, I opened my door, finding Breel laying in my bed, a single rose in his mouth.

I had no words... but by choice this time. No words could have done the vision in front of me justice. I near floated over to him, my eyes taking in every inch. He flipped the rose in his mouth... with his tongue. The feral shuddering squeak I unleashed only broadened his grin to something more... smoky. As I bumped into the side of the bed, he took my hand and pulled me up, settling my comparatively diminutive form next to him. His tail curled around my waist as he fixed his eyes to mine. I could tell he was about to say something, but I couldn't wait a single second longer. My arms flew around him, cradling the back of his head and hip, I practically shoved my lips against him, my tongue probing his mouth hungrily. He churred, holding me tighter than I had expected. Every bit of whatever we could manage was pressed together; I didn't want a single fraction of an inch apart from him if I couldn't help it.

We twisted about, rolling together, unabashed at the noises we were making together. Noises I had no idea I was capable of. At times I lost track of where my body ended; Breel felt like such a natural extension of myself I felt like two beings of one body. We must have been at it for hours... when our mouths finally parted the sky out the window had changed from clear blue to a deep sunset orange. Breel stared down at me, his eyes both sparkling with delight and burning with desire, our chests heaving for air. He kissed me once again, pulling back slowly, my lips so eager for his I sat up along with him. I could feel him smiling as we sat upright, breaking the kiss once more.

"You are everything I've been waiting for." He whispered to me, a thin sheen of tears shimmering in his eyes.

I choked out a small laugh, fighting back tears of my own. "How dare you. I was going to say that." With seamless grace he moved us to the head of the bed. Our heads sank into the pillow, eyes soaking in each other’s forms. I knew, right then, that I had to say it, and so I did... or tried to.
"I..." I strained out, apparently all the noises I'd been making had taken its toll on my throat. Breel stopped and looked up at me, those sparkling yellow eyes still somehow filled with energy. I tried to say the words, but the spell he held over me once again sent my mouth flapping wordlessly in his presence.

"I love you too." Breel said, a small choke and a sniffle accompanying the confession. It felt like everything in my life had been pointless before tonight. How could I have imagined living any sort of life without him right here, next to me? We spent the next several minutes once more tangled in each others embrace. It was only when I nearly tumbled straight off the edge of the bed, the sheets having wrapped themselves around us to the point we could no longer see where we were, that made us stop.

We looked at each other, hearts thrumming with adrenaline at the near miss, then burst out into laughter. As he held me while we shook in fits of hysterics, tears filled my eyes in what seemed like what was becoming an all too frequent occurrence. In what can only be described as an "elegant sweep", Breel lifted me off the bed and carried me into the bathroom. Something about wanting to feel me with my fur matted down. I can't complain about the shower though. It's an entirely different experience, having someone there with you. Having them hold you gently when they're supposed to be scrubbing, the soft kisses all over your body, feeling your fingers work deep into their fur. The steam billowed about as he opened the door to get towels, leaving me to lavish in the hot stream of water for another minute while he dried off.

The shower ended with gentle sounds of the last droplets hitting the tile and the creak of the door pushing open. Breel was behind me in an instant with my favorite towel and a kiss to the top of my head. I had to make sure to tell him how much I loved that... but as I stepped back into the bedroom, Cerberus sitting on my bed, the jolt of surprise blasted that thought right out of my head.

"Okay, time to go home!" She said matter-of-factly, the words stabbing straight through my heart like a frozen ice pick.

I felt my heart pick up pace once again, but this time for a completely different and entirely unwanted reason. "You can't take Breel away! We've barely had any time together!" I pleaded, as if a tiny mortal ferret who barely came up to the celestial's knee could convince her of anything.

"Sorry, this was always meant to be a temporary thing." Her right head spoke, at least trying to sound a little consoling.

"Technically we were supposed to take them back the moment this was all done." Said her center head, rather callous as usual.

Every magical moment of the past hours seemed to turn black and crumble. The new ambitions of my life pulled out from under me, my old goals seeming hollow, I felt like... nothing. I couldn't even feel myself grip my own arm as I searched fruitlessly for anything I could say to make it go back to when everything was wonderful.

"Hey uh... what about that deal you mentioned during orientation, about incarnating?" Breel cut in, looking rather nervous as he addressed her. There was a spark of light in the dark hole I was falling through, and I was so scared to cling to it... but it was all I had to keep myself from collapsing.

"You want to incarnate?!" Cerberus blurted, clearly caught off guard. "Oh dear, I thing going to the bad place might have given him some serious trauma."

"I'm gonna have a word with Kitsune about screwing up the souls I let him borrow."

"I can hear you, you know." Breel said flatly, clearly unamused at this departure from the life-altering decision. But that tiny light started to grow in my chest, I felt myself able to move and speak again.

"Incarnate? You mean like, you become a real boy?" I said dumbly, mind trying to wrap around the situation in any way it could.

"I -am- real, I just don't have a body to inhabit." He put his hands on his hips, turning to me, I didn't hear a shred of condescension in his voice.

"I don't want you to suffer this world all over again just for me!" I said before I could stop the words from falling out. Of course, I meant it. He was so perfect, so pure, I loved him to the point it made my chest ache and I didn't want to inflict any harm upon him... even if it meant being apart.

"Come on! It's only what, forty, fifty years? I've been in Heaven a lot longer than that! It'll be a snap." He smiled at me, the abyss that had formed within me dissolving just as quickly as it had opened.

"Okay, confession, given Heaven is -so- perfect it's -kinda- hard to come up with rewards for heroic actions." The right head half mumbled, scratching her head.

"We didn't think anyone would actually take us up on that one." Her center head said, a tinge of disbelief and mild exasperation in her voice.

"So you aren't gonna make him a body?" I questioned, the roller coaster of feelings inside me starting to exhaust me more than all the previous hours combined.

"I will, if it's what he wants. I'm just not sure how it'll affect him." The left head said as she shrugged.

"Hey, we've established I've been alive before, I can -handle- it." Breel stated proudly as Cerberus reached down, pinching his halo and plucking it straight off. Instantly Breel's hands flew to his chest, his pupils contracting as a spike of worry drove itself through me. "WHAT is that moving in my chest?!" I almost laughed... really hard. The relief after such a sudden onset jolt nearly enough to override my exhausted emotions.

"You mean the breathing, or the heartbeat?" I asked, walking over to the poor boy, all while wondering what all the breathing and pulsating I felt when we were together was about. 'It's just Heaven being Heaven again' I told myself as I placed a hand on his shoulder, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"So... are you still okay with this? Once I'm gone you'll have to wait it out." Cerberus asked, a bit of concern seeping into her question. But Breel, now the one seemingly incapable of speech, just nodded, tears flowing even as he beamed up at her. "Okay, see you at the other end!" "Have fun!" And with the inexplicable appearance of glowing golden staircase, she ascended through the ceiling and was gone.

"Breel, you didn't have to do this for me..." I choked out, starting to embrace him, my tears quickly catching up to his on their way to the floor.
"Aww, but if you'll have me, why not?" His hands on my shoulders, his lips drawing to mine once more.

And that... leaves me here. Flustered beyond belief at how I just went and wrote about my first time on paper. And still I... think I might have a few words to say.

Breel, my actual angel. Before you I was lost... on a path of no redemption, thinking money could solve every problem in this world, instead of just most of them. You showed me, with a kindness and patience I never knew existed in any world, exactly who I could be. I never want to be apart from your smile. Never but a moment away from feeling your embrace. You're my everything, and I can't wait to spend eternity with you.

... I hope the tears on the page don't make that too hard to read. I'll... I'm off to go see him.

Keene Milton
Amazee Dayzee

Re: Breel, My Literal Angel From Heaven

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I just love the way that you wrote this story! It is very beautiful!
Dewriter

Post by Dewriter »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:00 am I just love the way that you wrote this story! It is very beautiful!
Aw thanks so much! Nothing makes me happier than having people enjoy my work.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I do hope we will see more from you in the future! I'm sure it will be fabulous!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

You have to love "dream lover" stories. Very well done, De.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I hope that you can continue to write soon! I really like what you did!
Dewriter

Post by Dewriter »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:46 am I hope that you can continue to write soon! I really like what you did!
Aw thanks so much! I really need to get back on writing. I hit a funk I just can't seem to shake off.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well when you are ready to write again I am sure it will be awesome! We are all gonna enjoy whatever you have planned next!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Mighta done it all. sigh.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He probably is going back to it now. We just need to wait and be patient until he comes back to post the next chapter.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hope you're okay, Dewriter - it's been a bit. :)