Fun Facts

Discuss the comic here
gforce

Fun Facts

Post by gforce »

So I just had this idea about a minute ago; I wanna know what interesting things you know about characters/story arcs that might be related to other details in the comic and/or the real world.

I’ll go first:

Sabrina’s tag is in the shape of the ancient Egyptian symbol known as the Ankh. It is often referred to as the “Key of life” or “Key to the Nile,” representing eternal life in Egyptian hieroglyphics.
That sounded better in my head
Harry Johnathan

Re: Fun Facts

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Pete's human form is a refrence to the character Gaspar from the game Chrono Trigger.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
gforce

Post by gforce »

I have another:

In the strip “To The Market To The Market” from 2013, Max shouts at the man behind the counter at the fish shop in complete Spanish, which according to Google Translate loosely translates to, “Hey, cod brain! I have to memorize my dad's credit card! Attend me!”
That sounded better in my head
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So I guess that means that Jeff is part Spanish or for some reason can speak Spanish and Max has picked up on it. Maybe Bino also can speak a little bit of Spanish also.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I recall that some of his wording was awkward, so part of me is guessing that he started learning to impress people.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wonder if he is still doing it or if he still remembers some Spanish?