Re: 2021/03/19 - Family Time

Post by LunarFox »

Cuss out Diss? No thanks, surefire way to get banned! :D
--

GK's learning to be a dad,
And we can see that Kix is mad
That he's got getting his priorities straight-
As a Celestial, that is his fate...

Will their kits offer them another word?
Relax, calm down, and rest assured
That they've missed you more than you could know-
Between them all, the tears will flow.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

I still don't like Kitsune, but that last panel is just adorable.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
jonas

Post by jonas »

It's going to be real interesting to see if SD and Pete go back to their old selves after their time on Earth ends, or if this life of bumps and scrapes and love really does change them. (Provided that does come to pass in the comic. Roll d20 to determine outcome.)
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

jonas wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:25 am It's going to be real interesting to see if SD and Pete go back to their old selves after their time on Earth ends, or if this life of bumps and scrapes and love really does change them. (Provided that does come to pass in the comic. Roll d20 to determine outcome.)
I remember the deal being that their memories of living as mortals would get erased once it was over, but I think it would be interesting to see Kitsune go back on that after being a parent.

This is assuming that the comic gets so stupidly long that we even see them die of old age, of course. Either that, or we get some kind of obscenely long timeskip.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
Frank

Post by Frank »

MrBlueSky7 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:10 am Oh my God, Craig and Draig. My heart... :cry:
I'll admit this was pretty much my reaction too ... mixed in with a bit of Great Kitsune's reaction
LunarFox wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:12 am Cuss out Diss? No thanks, surefire way to get banned! :D
Well Cookies and Muffins! 🧁
ProtoDot wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:34 am I remember the deal being that their memories of living as mortals would get erased once it was over, but I think it would be interesting to see Kitsune go back on that after being a parent.
I don't remember memories being erased as being part of the deal
ProtoDot wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:34 am This is assuming that the comic gets so stupidly long that we even see them die of old age, of course. Either that, or we get some kind of obscenely long timeskip.
...they could, of course, die some other way

...or maybe we'll see them in "atemporal" heaven ...which... would raise questions
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

Frank wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:54 am
ProtoDot wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:34 am I remember the deal being that their memories of living as mortals would get erased once it was over, but I think it would be interesting to see Kitsune go back on that after being a parent.
I don't remember memories being erased as being part of the deal
ProtoDot wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:34 am This is assuming that the comic gets so stupidly long that we even see them die of old age, of course. Either that, or we get some kind of obscenely long timeskip.
...they could, of course, die some other way

...or maybe we'll see them in "atemporal" heaven ...which... would raise questions
Nope, neither of those work, it was all explained near the end of Heaven's Not Enough.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I'm not crying, YOU are.

Zoom calls are different out here,
especially when made at speed;
when Craig and Draig reappear
and express their innermost need.
Have these two ever looked so cute,
as one of them calls HIM their Dad?
Now, though, there is the little chance
that why they left will make them mad.
Kit doesn’t quite know how to take
the love of him that was, once, Pete
but, with the merest glance from Kix,
he knows his family’s complete.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

ProtoDot wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:34 amI remember the deal being that their memories of living as mortals would get erased once it was over
The clarification we got was that they wouldn't remember that their mortality was set to a minimum of 60 years (while mortal, so as to get the full experience)
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

Obbl wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:47 am
ProtoDot wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:34 amI remember the deal being that their memories of living as mortals would get erased once it was over
The clarification we got was that they wouldn't remember that their mortality was set to a minimum of 60 years (while mortal, so as to get the full experience)
I had no clue that it even could be interpreted that way, let alone should.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Seventy four years is even "fuller"....
Still, Rick does another heart-warmer ... am I being over-anxious to worry about those "blunk-out" eyeballs again?
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

So that´s how you get your kids to like you!
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
mr_abomination

Post by mr_abomination »

ProtoDot wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:57 am
Obbl wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:47 am
I had no clue that it even could be interpreted that way, let alone should.
Interesting, because that's the only way I've ever interpreted it. Up until now I didn't even know there way any confusion.
Dragon Furry

Post by Dragon Furry »

Wait, so Kitsune is their dad or did he just take on the role after they were born, by dating their mom?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Dragon Furry wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:19 am Wait, so Kitsune is their dad or did he just take on the role after they were born, by dating their mom?
Kitsune said he is "helping [Kix] raise her two kits" at the hot springs. The wording is pretty conclusively on the side of him not being their actual dad (if indeed there was an actual father invovled)
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Well, even though I don't like Dragon and Pete...that last panel is pretty cute (For some reason, those "Crying Eyeballs" Rick does both make me laugh and make me go "awww" at the same time).
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
tomindex

Post by tomindex »

i dont wanna spit my whole life story, but yeah, kinda relatable having a family member be holding a grudge and you hoping to see something like this. if rick is listening: just cause ive correctly figured out where the plotline will go, doesnt mean i dont want to see it happen. thanks.
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

Wait WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED Since When Were PETE And Spirit Dragon Scared?"
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Probably when they were mortal and felt mortal fear for the first time.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:21 am Wait WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED Since When Were PETE And Spirit Dragon Scared?"
They got left behind when everyone was shifted to heaven
Argent

Post by Argent »

mr_abomination wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:33 am Interesting, because that's the only way I've ever interpreted it. Up until now I didn't even know there way any confusion.
The phrase "they won't remember" is at the end of a sentence with many conditional clauses.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Frank

Post by Frank »

Argent wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:16 am
mr_abomination wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:33 am Interesting, because that's the only way I've ever interpreted it. Up until now I didn't even know there way any confusion.
The phrase "they won't remember" is at the end of a sentence with many conditional clauses.
Classic Kitsune!
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Immortal_Requiem

Post by Immortal_Requiem »

Its quite cute, good to see both are ok.
I think kitsune might be learning a couple things in this arc, and it already looks like a nice character to me.
I understand some don't like him, maybe because the unconcern that he was showing before and refusal to be of much help to the other characters, but he seems to be doing its best when he realises its needed. He didn't leave behind pete and dragon after becoming mortal, he put himself as a father to take care of them, and previously before everybody was brought to heaven he was trying to think the best out for all the mortals, knewing that the jump from heaven back to earth was too much for some of them, and he also much before all of this gave king the fox statue so they could contact him when in need. Also, only some pages ago, we see the kitsune and kix relationship, where he lets her hit him with a mace so she could get some stress out.
Given that he is currently alone as the only demi and its somewhat inexperienced, I really think its doing its best. Just perhaps he should have asked for somebody to help him after dragon and pete were turned into mortals so he had more time to chill and not have all presure over him.

However, the topic about memories ... seems I was correct, there is a lot of confusion in that matter. I have no clue what Rick Griffin expected to tell us about the memories, the first comic pages seem to indicate that pete and dragon won't remember anything from their time as mortals, but then later pete shows concern about the experience changing too much the way he is, which would indicate that they will remember their time as mortals (and it makes sense, if they never remember is like there is no punishment from losing the game).

The version that I'm keeping for now in my head, is that the punishment is having to live as mortals with juuust a bit of memories of who they once were, and when they die they will remember everything as both personalities will mix. This does make sense to me, Pete's concern is understandable, but also the punishment. They should be alright after its over, but the experience could have a big impact on their personalities.

Does Rick Griffin speak with its fans? I would love the hear what its the intended view it wanted to show us on these topics, as well as greedily would like to talk on a personal level about afterlife. Heaven had take a very big role on the comic, and I wonder if Rick had 'made things up' or its implementing its beliefs on in. I find it very interesting.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

D'aww, poor Craig and Draig... :| But finally, you're again in the arms of your parents! :D Behave well, yeah. ;) You hadn't to think so, Great Kitsune, you're their father and they love you, after all, just be more responsible to your family. :) Yeah, Kix, now it'll be okay, especially for your Great Kitsune... :P
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

Did GK lose a few tails over this incident, or did he just combine them all into one?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

It’s basically his “mortal disguise.” Though there’s no one else around. Maybe his way of keeping a low profile in case demons are watching?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

D-Rock wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:15 pm It’s basically his “mortal disguise.” Though there’s no one else around. Maybe his way of keeping a low profile in case demons are watching?
Works for both demons and creepy friends. Good thinking!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Admittedly here, when Kix says Kitsune has responsibilities to the family in response to Kitsune saying he has a bunch of responsibilities being a Celestial also, it comes off as her kind of demanding that he put THEIR family above all other things despite the fact that Kitsune’s task to watch over the Earth is INFINITELY more important.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

She's just saying there's a balance, and that leaving the kits behind on Earth with a demon prowling around is decidedly unbalanced
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:04 pm Admittedly here, when Kix says Kitsune has responsibilities to the family in response to Kitsune saying he has a bunch of responsibilities being a Celestial also, it comes off as her kind of demanding that he put THEIR family above all other things despite the fact that Kitsune’s task to watch over the Earth is INFINITELY more important.
Well, the entire Earth is massive, and understanding anything on that scale is hard if not just impossible. Compare that to her family which is a LOT easier for Kix to comprehend and care about and yeah, it makes sense that her priorities look like that.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

GK's a Celestial - he should be able to handle both familial and cosmic responsibilities simultaneously. However, both Bahamut and Kix seem to have some doubts about his diligence......
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am sort of thinking right now that Kitsune may NOT be able to handle both or even just ONE since he screwed up twice by leaving his surrogate kits behind when they moved Babylon Gardens to Heaven and even before that because he didn't keep an eye out for any sort of plots to invade the Earth by Hell.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

I was wondering if this arc will lead to Kitsune choosing to become mortal, realizing that he's not good at the whole celestial bussiness.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Immortal_Requiem

Rydr Warklub wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:31 am I was wondering if this arc will lead to Kitsune choosing to become mortal, realizing that he's not good at the whole celestial bussiness.
Really hope not, that has absolutely zero sense. Not even Bahamut can do a perfect job and the last even seems to agree that kitsune can have a pass this time due to having to do it alone. (and cerberus also tells us why heaven has it difficult to spot deamons if they don't use teir powers. Also, they are as 'bad' of a guardian as all other celestials as they realise they forgot about the cursed ones)
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... -paradise/
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... in-demons/
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... -distance/

Besides, the whole problem kinda came by 2 of the 3 demis becoming mortal, who would then take care of earth if kitsune becomes mortal too?
Is also fair to asume that they (with pete and dragon) had been managing great so far, quite many years without problems at least. I'd rather take Pete and Dragon out of their punishment to make sure they are enough celestials to oversee everything.
Not even that is exactly the problem, because it has more to do it with heaven trying to stop Keene for some reason. More presicely ... this might all been originated from Breel actions single handedly...

And no ... kitsune can't do it all for himself. Why do you think its his fault? Literaly we haven't seen a celestial without flaws, they are all only doing their best, he could very be the best celestial in heaven as far as we know.

I do however think that kitsune could do more celestial help, and let him take less responsabily and be able to relax a bit.

TLDR: Every single celestial has faws so far, kitsune isn't the problem. Also, there is no need to prive celestials from their powers, that only makes things worse
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

Saying Kitsune is doing his best is a stretch when we see him doing things like resting atop solid gold blocks while heaven is locked to read time and messing around with the nerds when he could've sealed up Pete's temple while he was gone, or made preparations of his own for the attack. Literally none of this would've happened if he was even a little more proactive about keeping demons out of the mortal realm.

Instead he left a source of ultimate power and a massive stockpile of heavenly curses lying around. Now it's on a possibly trans couple (they're still figuring that out RIGHT NOW), a recently transformed red panda who isn't very bright and his nigh suicidal pomeranian partner, a rich ferret and his insane fox friend, and maybe Kitsune himself along with his mortal co-parent to find Eudoant.

Oh, and there might be a serial killer on the loose. How fun and safe. If only a certain temple hadn't been left wide open for Keene to plunder.
ViolaRose

Post by ViolaRose »

TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:21 am Wait WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED Since When Were PETE And Spirit Dragon Scared?"
Since the start of this arc when everyone disappeared.
Immortal_Requiem

ProtoDot wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:14 am Saying Kitsune is doing his best is a stretch when we see him doing things like resting atop solid gold blocks while heaven is locked to read time and messing around with the nerds when he could've sealed up Pete's temple while he was gone, or made preparations of his own for the attack. Literally none of this would've happened if he was even a little more proactive about keeping demons out of the mortal realm.

Instead he left a source of ultimate power and a massive stockpile of heavenly curses lying around. Now it's on a possibly trans couple (they're still figuring that out RIGHT NOW), a recently transformed red panda who isn't very bright and his nigh suicidal pomeranian partner, a rich ferret and his insane fox friend, and maybe Kitsune himself along with his mortal co-parent to find Eudoant.

Oh, and there might be a serial killer on the loose. How fun and safe. If only a certain temple hadn't been left wide open for Keene to plunder.

Agreed .. kind of, you are missing that he did that in fact. I revisited old pages and it seems that kitsune has been greedy but did exactly what you are proposing. He wanted to 'teach' Keene and Tarot that they cant get always what they want ----> https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... ustration/
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... ug-it-out/

But also seal the temple away, thats why it had become destroyed in the end. Which means again that he was doing its best, just ... greedy himself, he kinda needs to listen to himself and realise he cant get everything or that its risky to attempt that.

So, in short, kitsune could (probably? maybe only Pete could) have simply sealed the temple and prevent any of this happening, but he tried to do better than that. Once again proves its doing its best although not necesarily the correct play.

Hey, I also dislike kitsune! xD But I think is unfair to not give credit of what he does, or blame him for what its out of its posivilities. We know he could't see the demons, and had to trust Breel and the other angels to do their work, wich they failed ...

His only mistake its being greedy, really. Kind of what kitsunes are told to be actually?
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

Immortal_Requiem wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:50 am His only mistake its being greedy, really. Kind of what kitsunes are told to be actually?
And in one sentence you've summarized everything I hate about him. I guess being omnipotent and living in the very definition of perfection isn't enough, he's gotta be some kind of teacher that constantly nearly gets you killed. He isn't even half as cool as Ms. Frizzle, either.