2021/01/18 - Party Building Exercise

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2021/01/18 - Party Building Exercise

Post by D-Rock »

[2021/01/18 - Party Building Exercise]
Title Text: "I wanna live again!" "You're not dead!"

Well, there's that.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
IceKitsune

Re: 2021/01/18 - Party Building Exercise

Post by IceKitsune »

Peanut really wants to go fight those demons. This team should be interesting because it eliminates a lot of people right of the bat.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Nice way to mix it up with who is heading back to Earth. Looks like the usual, most likely suspects are taking this end of the world crisis off.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Bailey and King, I'm not surprised one bit. Peanut and Grape? Kinda thought they'd be up for the Challenge. But Sabrina though? Really? Isn't she Tarot's Apprentice? What reason would she have to turn this down?

Maybe Tarot should keep asking around. Even though he just had a mini arc, I kinda want to see Fox and Mungo join, just to be the 'Muscles' of the team. Maybe Grapes BF too, but he'd do it out of boredom or something.
Last edited by MrBlueSky7 on Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Pets... Assemble

But seriously, take the K9 unit.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The Kit Klub starts to assemble -
well, he’s got ONE person at least -
to fight the oncoming darkness
and leave the Heavenly piste.
Grape’s relaxing so hard right now
(and why isn’t our Sabby tagged?)
and, if it weren’t for politeness,
King would tell him to go get fragged.
He’ll make up the best squad he can,
the champions without a sin
and, for at least the next few strips,
we’ll all try to work out who’s in...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

I really do think that it’s just gonna be Kitsune, Tarot, and Craig & Draig with all their memories & only some of their power restored. Tarot seems like she’s due for some character development, and this could be her time to really shine.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ash Greytree wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:09 am I really do think that it’s just gonna be Kitsune, Tarot, and Craig & Draig with all their memories & only some of their power restored. Tarot seems like she’s due for some character development, and this could be her time to really shine.
I have to agree here that seems to be what we are heading towards. Having Tarot, Kitsune, Craig and Draig get some more character development this way would be neat to see. Perhaps we can learn about Tarots backstory from before meeting Dragon/before coming to BG as that is a huge mystery with her.

Edit: Fox and Mungo could also be picks as that would tie things back in with the Fox arc of this storyline. In fact that would be really cool to see, maybe set up how Fox gets a few of those scars perhaps?
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

We now have confirmation that Kitsune is assembling a team, it almost feels like we are missing a panel but I almost like to think that Kitsune saw that every possible route lead to Tarot brow-beating him or doing something stupid, and so he just decided to get it over with sooner rather later.

I think it would make sense if Ink gets involved, she is the one who has the greatest stakes in all of this and was a devout worshipper of a celestial which depending on how demons works might be really important, but I wouldn't surprised if she was excluded.

I am still not sure about Fox, mostly because I am still confused what Heavendropper means for Fox's character development. Fox has a similiar hero complex to Tarot, but Heavendropper didn't really address that.

Maybe Peanut will end up as remote support.

I feel like there is a lot of possibilities still open.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leotamer wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:53 am I think it would make sense if Ink gets involved, she is the one who has the greatest stakes in all of this...
There's a Vixen who would dispute that.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Nightfirex

Post by Nightfirex »

What this? A team signup to fight demons?? FINALLY all my Paladin training have been waiting for this moment!!!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Been there... Done that... T-shirt didn't fit...
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Awwww, was kind of hoping Bailey would get roped in (hasn't she done this kind of battle thing before :-) )

Daunted
Disproportionately Dappled
Dragon Furry

Post by Dragon Furry »

I am pretty sure a certain crazy fox wants to join. Might even get a possum to join, if you ask REAL nice.

A different question. What about all the humans in the neighbourhood? Their "mom" and "dads" so to speak. Are they left behind, wondering where their pets have all gone too or are they also in some kinda bliss part, they are not fully aware of yet?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Dragon Furry wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:05 am I am pretty sure a certain crazy fox wants to join. Might even get a possum to join, if you ask REAL nice.
As I recall, they're all looking for Craig and Draig. And Kitsune doesn't dare go see them. He'd have far too much to explain and a certain Vixen would loathe him beyond all comprehension.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:16 am As I recall, they're all looking for Craig and Draig. And Kitsune doesn't dare go see them. He'd have far too much to explain and a certain Vixen would loathe him beyond all comprehension.
PLOT TWIST: Kix knew all-along!

Jk
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Argent

Post by Argent »

Sabrina is not tagged. Tut tut.

Cue "I want to be surprised" song from All Dogs go to Heaven.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I'm starting to get a real clear idea of how Dragon got Tarot to sign up as her avatar :lol:
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

I thought that Grape and Peanut will come. They always do mess with some uncanny powers. But I guess not this time. Somehow I feel like it will either be somebody that is literally the worst person to do that (irony in plot of many franchises is really often) or just the ex-demigod kits. Either way (or even if something else happens) I am waiting for it.
Obbl wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:58 am I'm starting to get a real clear idea of how Dragon got Tarot to sign up as her avatar :lol:
Haha, I guess she likes to be in the center of attention or just feel important. Not that it's bad thing if she does it for good reasons, but I thought of how it's very often exactly that way in real life too. Who wouldn't like (considering that fantasy characters have boost to their courage, they always are eager top do dangerous stuff, even if real life person would probably pass) to get some powers and be super duper cool demons butts' kicker?
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Honestly not surprised King and Bailey said "No" as they have a family to deal with and are happy with where they are. It is interesting that Peanut wanted to tag alone but I see why Grape told him to put his hand down. Sabrina I would've thought would've jumped at the chance but I guess she's down with Celestials.
Ash Greytree wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:09 am I really do think that it’s just gonna be Kitsune, Tarot, and Craig & Draig with all their memories & only some of their power restored. Tarot seems like she’s due for some character development, and this could be her time to really shine.
I'm thinking that too, though without Craig & Draig. I see the team being Kitsune, Tarot, Marion, Lois, and Todd, with Todd somehow redeeming himself and no longer being that "Cool Kid" we saw first.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
AlKatze

Post by AlKatze »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:08 am I see the team being Kitsune, Tarot, Marion, Lois, and Todd, with Todd somehow redeeming himself and no longer being that "Cool Kid" we saw first.
I agree. I think the ECP gang will have some role in this
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

AlKatze wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:42 am
SeanWolf wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:08 am I see the team being Kitsune, Tarot, Marion, Lois, and Todd, with Todd somehow redeeming himself and no longer being that "Cool Kid" we saw first.
I agree. I think the ECP gang will have some role in this
I honestly feel they have more of a steak in this then the main cast so it would make sense for them to do this....I also see potentially some not wanting to be human any more as they are enjoying their new lives but that's just me.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Tarot: Look, I just want to save the world. Is that too much to ask?!?

<3 Tarot.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

Hopefully it's time for The Opener to display his divine powers.
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

I feel like we could see Zach and the woodland critters get involved. Having them learn about the supernatural would change the dynamic, but at this point the only reason they havent is because they havent asked.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leotamer wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:13 am I feel like we could see Zach and the woodland critters get involved. Having them learn about the supernatural would change the dynamic, but at this point the only reason they havent is because they havent asked.
As I say, right now Kitsune wants to avoid them. As Kix has them searching hard for two missing cubs...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Obviously, Tarot wants it and she's interested in it. ;) She can't do it alone, but in a team with you celestials, yes. :) Oh, you challenge Great Kitsune, Tarot. 8-) Ehm, I don't think they're the appropriate ones to ask that question, Great Kitsune. :P Looks like Sabrina got retired from magical stuff, better so. ;) Eheheh, seems that Peanut wants to do it, surely he thinks it's going to be like a game. :D Good there's Grape to stop him. :P
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

SeanWolf wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:08 amI'm thinking that too, though without Craig & Draig. I see the team being Kitsune, Tarot, Marion, Lois, and Todd, with Todd somehow redeeming himself and no longer being that "Cool Kid" we saw first.
At first I was wondering what could be in it for Marion & Lois. But after you brought it up, I think Lois could join in. It's a minor connection, but I do remember that she seemed to have initially flipped out about Kitsune when she first found out about him in My Life As A Teenage Squirrel. She'd likely find it to be an enlightening experience, and could bring some muscle to the team. Marion could come as well, mainly because it seems that wherever one of the duo goes, the other goes as well. He could use his small size to the team's advantage, for sure.

For Todd: I don't really think that he needs 'redeeming', as he already got himself embarrassed by his mom in the first part of Heckraiser. My assumption is that Todd is an awkward guy (maybe an awkward teenager, at that) who was trying to act cool because he realized that this was a potential new start for him. Putting on airs and trying to be someone you're not is kinda common around that age. So yeah, I think for Todd it'd be less 'redeeming' and more 'getting his first major chunk of character development'. Also he prolly doesn't need to be in Heaven right now. The super paradise that Bahamut's set up combined with Todd most likely not knowing that it's Heaven will likely mess with his sense of expectations of what being an animal, specifically a Red Panda, is like.

Although, if Todd does stay in Heaven and doesn't join the team, it could lead to some fun with them getting back to reality whenever things get back to normal (or a new status-quo) and Todd's first arc as a central character is him having to readjust.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Interesting that Maxwell isn’t shown, he could of course be just off-panel, like Peanut, but I’m wondering if he is somewhere else visiting Rufus, (he is in literal heaven after all) perhaps and might be recruited onto the away team by Kitsune and Tarot. I’d like to see some Max/Tarot interaction, personally, but we’ll just see what Rick has in mind for the team. Odd that Sabrina said no, though.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I don't get the feeling that Max would go along unless Grape was doing it. He'll step up when he has to, but I'm not sure if he'd volunteer without the rest of the gang.

As for the possibility of everyones favorite obnoxious red panda, I kinda suspect that he'll join the crew, do something to betray the group, then redeam himself at the last second.

Though that's the tropy way to do things, and Rick likes to upend expectations....
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I found it a bit puzzling how subdued King was when he was answering Kitsune’s question about helping out to save the world from a bunch of demons. I honestly thought he would laugh obnoxiously in his face and tell him to jump off a cliff. King doesn’t like ANY Celestials. Even the good ones.
tych

Post by tych »

well that was hilarious and I am taking this comic as proof of why I have never personally played any table top RPG
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Dragon Furry wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:05 am I am pretty sure a certain crazy fox wants to join. Might even get a possum to join, if you ask REAL nice.

A different question. What about all the humans in the neighbourhood? Their "mom" and "dads" so to speak. Are they left behind, wondering where their pets have all gone too or are they also in some kinda bliss part, they are not fully aware of yet?
Babylon Gardens, I think, is sorta like things were growing up in the 50's where there were no pet controls in place. People let their dogs and cats out in the morning, prayed to whatever spiritual forces they believed in to watch over them, and hoped they'd come back around 3:00 when all us kids got off the school buses where our dogs sat awaiting our return.

Or ... on the darker side ... if they didn't return by sundown, they were lost, courting, or hopefully their demise had been swift and merciful.
Last edited by NHWestoN on Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:47 pm I found it a bit puzzling how subdued King was when he was answering Kitsune’s question about helping out to save the world from a bunch of demons. I honestly thought he would laugh obnoxiously in his face and tell him to jump off a cliff. King doesn’t like ANY Celestials. Even the good ones.

Bailey is there, she might smack him if he got too mean.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rufus returns to rally the rovers ... mebbee?
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Peanut's hand went up as soon as he heard "Tarot."
Titanium Dragon

Post by Titanium Dragon »

Peanut could totally use the screen time and characterization. Plus his girlfriend is going, and she left him behind the last two times!
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

Anyone else find it weird how Tarot hasn't mentioned anything about Pete or Dragon? You'd think she would bring it up sooner since she probably doesn't have a reason to hang onto that very important piece of information. Makes me think she has a plan that Kitsune just hasn't picked up on yet.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well she did mention it to Ceberus which is why they let her see Kitsune in the first place by using the fact that they forgot they had to live as mortals as a way to get to Kitsune. Unless you mean she didn't mention them to Kitsune yet.
ProtoDot

Post by ProtoDot »

The part where she doesn't mention this to Kitsune is what I'm talking about.
"BEHOLD! The power of an ANGEL!" - Gabriel, moments before getting beaten up by a GoPro