2020/12/02 - It’s Also Not Rehab

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2020/12/02 - It’s Also Not Rehab

Post by D-Rock »

[2020/12/02 - It’s Also Not Rehab]
Title Text: people are asking a lot of questions already answered by the sign

Sometimes alternative medicines can work wonders, Fox.

Disclaimer: talk to a doctor before going on any sort of alternative treatment. Not all methods are FDA-approved.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gbr23

Re: 2020/12/02 - It’s Also Not Rehab

Post by Gbr23 »

Had to double check, but it is the massage place! Nice to see it back
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Only Fox could feel anxious in Heaven. Well, I suspect a lot of out temporary residents are feeling anxious about what is going on.

I hope the anxiety relief takes the form of an oddly colored husker or two.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Frank

Post by Frank »

"Is this the place to come when I have anxiety?"
*points to sign*
"But what are you going to do, relieve it?"
*points to sign*
"Is this a drug?"
*points to sign*
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sold out?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I kind of understand King not really caring this time. Beyond the fact that Bailey and his pups are here he likely is just sick of dealing with this kind of stuff.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Calling it: Fox becomes the Heavendropper in Question.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Curiosity isn’t a Corgi,
relaxing out under the sun of love;
now, however, it maybe Fox’s way
to question why he’s in Heaven above.
He’s not going to get his answers here,
at a booth where they just tell him nice things.
He’d be better off calling the helpline
where they’ll answer the call before it rings.
Then again, perhaps they will tell him why,
now that he’s trapped in the Heavenly field.
Perhaps the denizen of above can’t lie
and the full danger will be revealed..?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Epic

Post by Epic »

I wonder if Mungo will be involved in therapy(good chance to practice those acupuncture skills)? Anyone else?
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

Epic wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:04 am I wonder if Mungo will be involved in therapy(good chance to practice those acupuncture skills)? Anyone else?
I'm thinking either Mungo or Spring & Summer give Fox a massage next, or Keene and Breel are in there getting a massage and Fox questions them about what's going on.
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

I'm actually surprised that Fox didn't understand why does King not care this time but did care the previous time.

Right now, King doesn't have any concerns. He is safe with his family.
Back then, he was here prelonging the meeting with the Bahamut, while his wife was being used by a jerk.

It's obvious that he was anxsious when he had his loved one in a cosmic game. But now she is very safe. Safer than ever. And he can just relax. For King this is what Heaven is. Just doing nothing and being happy with his family. It will work for him, because he doesn't expect something permanent, like e.g. Marion. If she/he is back to Earth, she/he won't be student anymore. But not for King. He still will be there doing nothing, just in the past.

I like King's attitude here. He is like "I don't care as far as my family is safe". He doesn't care about the game or other things going on. He only was, when his life was threatened by it. Tbh, I would probably not care either if I was here and I knew I was in the Heaven. Because if I was happy, why worry?
DocFlareon

Post by DocFlareon »

I see that Fox is rocking the scars left behind by Steward's claws.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

What Fox needs right now is Spring and Summer.
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

I don't care about much else; I just want Spring and Summer to show up and help Fox be happy!
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Were Jack wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:24 am I'm actually surprised that Fox didn't understand why does King not care this time but did care the previous time.

Right now, King doesn't have any concerns. He is safe with his family.
Back then, he was here prelonging the meeting with the Bahamut, while his wife was being used by a jerk.

It's obvious that he was anxsious when he had his loved one in a cosmic game. But now she is very safe. Safer than ever. And he can just relax. For King this is what Heaven is. Just doing nothing and being happy with his family. It will work for him, because he doesn't expect something permanent, like e.g. Marion. If she/he is back to Earth, she/he won't be student anymore. But not for King. He still will be there doing nothing, just in the past.

I like King's attitude here. He is like "I don't care as far as my family is safe". He doesn't care about the game or other things going on. He only was, when his life was threatened by it. Tbh, I would probably not care either if I was here and I knew I was in the Heaven. Because if I was happy, why worry?
I agree. Back when King first went to Heaven, you could tell he wasn't happy cause Bailey wasn't there. Now, since he knows Bailey and his pups are there, he is happy to be in Heaven now. Like you said, as long as he and Bailey are together, that's Heaven enough for both of them.

As for why Fox is feeling this way...I wonder, and I could be misinterpreting it, if Fox just doesn't know what he wants in life. He tried to get a girlfriend in Sasha but that didn't work out. He joined the K9s to be a hero but that too didn't work out. Even when he's in Heaven (Back during the Game and now), he doesn't seem happy. I could be wrong but, and this is a big 'but' (hehe), I wonder if Fox is going to do something heroic that will result in his death as, to him, he feels he doesn't deserve this paradise as he didn't earn it.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

I agree with King, you're looking anxious by doing so many questions, Fox. :| Just relax, everything is under control, for now... ;) King is instead enjoying the moment with his family, and that's good for him. :) It's good that in Heaven they have such service, but they have to find better names for them, yeah. :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think Fox should really go and get that massage because he needs it and maybe he will met his destinies a bit sooner. :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wonder if Breel will run into his old massage parlor chum? Maybe his old pals got the Terrestrial franchise for this operation.
SoundsOfResonance
Location: Branch 3C-A432 from BaseUni.java:8: error: cannot find symbol

Post by SoundsOfResonance »

DocFlareon wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:28 am I see that Fox is rocking the scars left behind by Steward's claws.
Boy, Fox looks quite scarred today. Though not as much as the day he received them. *Brick'd*

In all seriousness, I wonder if Fox would be feeling those scars if/when he eventually finds out that Steward provided the means for Heck to be raised on BG.
Icon is by me
Congrats if you find my twitter

A possibly local Roo-cal because there aren't enough Caracals and Roos

How many forms is too many forms for a single OC?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure when Fox finds that out he'll want to really take Stewart apart.
Were Jack

Post by Were Jack »

SeanWolf wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:11 amAs for why Fox is feeling this way...I wonder, and I could be misinterpreting it, if Fox just doesn't know what he wants in life. He tried to get a girlfriend in Sasha but that didn't work out. He joined the K9s to be a hero but that too didn't work out. Even when he's in Heaven (Back during the Game and now), he doesn't seem happy. I could be wrong but, and this is a big 'but' (hehe), I wonder if Fox is going to do something heroic that will result in his death as, to him, he feels he doesn't deserve this paradise as he didn't earn it.
Oh, yeah. Fox... hmmm. When first introduced I had a feeling of him as someone to rely on, that knows what to do. But the more happened, he started to look more like a scared pup. Maybe not scared, but... He was "King's mentor" at first, when they first met, but showed few flaws. He was even the one who gave advice to King not to worry (first time in Heaven), as he was a guidance for his friend. Yet... Now he seems to, indeed be disoriented, and he worries as much as King back then. I feel like King and Fox switched places a bit. King get a hard grip on the life, knowing what to do and all (and he was confused at first too), but now it's Fox who is just lost.
Still, Fox does have his attitude about he knows the things. As he was the one who actually solved the puzzle - WE ARE IN HEAVEN. He is still smart. But this doesn't help him in life.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I think, to a degree, Fox has lost his way. He's still smart, capable and brave, but he wants more. He's been depicted as crraving a good social life, pining for Sasha even after he missed his chance and falling for a pair of huskies that are literal angels. He's the kind of guy that has it (mostly) together at work but goes home at night and sits alone on the sofa.

I rather hope this arc moves forward with him on a personal level.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:33 am I think, to a degree, Fox has lost his way. He's still smart, capable and brave, but he wants more. He's been depicted as crraving a good social life, pining for Sasha even after he missed his chance and falling for a pair of huskies that are literal angels. He's the kind of guy that has it (mostly) together at work but goes home at night and sits alone on the sofa.

I rather hope this arc moves forward with him on a personal level.
I hope it does, too, but I'm not sure how it would. Perhaps Fox's role in the Housepets! community is to be that chronically dissatisfied/disappointed melancholy sort who always tries, rarely wins, and is left unfulfilled and conflicted on those rare occasions when he does come out on top. King, on the other hand, has it all (pretty much) but remains haunted by the possibility that, perhaps by the whim of some Celestial or Infernal, all he has might still be snatched away. Maybe out of mental laziness, I've tended to see Sasha as Fox's "impossible dream", that and that somehow being a hero would lift him out of his restless self-discontent. Spring and Summer haven't worked out (yet, if ever), although I admit to finding them kinda uninteresting. Neither has K9 service or his "therapy" with Mungo. Although his last interactions with Sabrina revealed some anguished personal growth, he has never reconciled with Fido (and maybe won't; maybe that's just become a "forgive and forget" i the service of professional cooperation).

So, we'll see. He didn't play much of a role in the last cosmic caper but maybe this new engagement will see a different, more expanded role for hm.
Epic

Post by Epic »

I think, personally, that it will end with him & Mungo, but Spring & Summer are another pretty credible option also(*confused screaming*)!
Sir Chestnut

Post by Sir Chestnut »

NHWestoN wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:50 am
King, on the other hand, has it all (pretty much) but remains haunted by the possibility that, perhaps by the whim of some Celestial or Infernal, all he has might still be snatched away.
I think deep down King knows that Pete is gone only temporarily, and since he's of Heaven he'll eventually end up spending eternity with him. :?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sir Chestnut wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:43 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:50 am
King, on the other hand, has it all (pretty much) but remains haunted by the possibility that, perhaps by the whim of some Celestial or Infernal, all he has might still be snatched away.
I think deep down King knows that Pete is gone only temporarily, and since he's of Heaven he'll eventually end up spending eternity with him. :?
Very true! And, unlike Bailey, King has never gotten comfortable with Kitsune who seems to delight in poking the poor corgi's anxiety cortex. (Wonder if a "taste of his own medicine" will change how GK treats him? Probably not.)
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

It's weird to see Fox afraid and scared,
More nervous than he's ever dared
To let himself be. King, on the
Other paw, is he relaxed? Plenty.

Therapy? This medicine's quack,
Fox, relax, you're about to crack,
It's gonna be fine, as you've heard King swear,
The stress shouldn't be too much to bear.
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!