New Themes

What are we doing!?

Which themes are your favourite?

Elegance (Please specify which colour(s) in the comments)
22%
IDLaunch_Fresh
6%
Prosilver (Dark Edition)
34%
Supernova
16%
pro_ubuntu_lucid
3%
proflat
6%
we_universal
13%

Total votes: 32

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

New Themes

Post by Hlaoroo »

Just thought I'd create a poll and see what you folks think of the new look of the forums.

If you haven't yet found the option, you can select from a variety of themes via the User Control Panel. Just select the "Board Preferences" tab and use the dropdown menu under "Edit Global Settings" to select the theme you wish to try. The current default theme is Prosilver (Dark Edition).

You can select your two favourite themes, and I've left the poll open so that you can change your vote if you like, once you've had a chance to play around a bit.

Please note, we're still working on refining a few things such as adding our custom header image back in. We may also refine the link in the near future, and your feedback will help us to do that!

Additionally, if there are any particular themes you'd like us to try out that aren't on the list, or if there are any features we don't currently have that you think we could use, then be sure to let us know and we may be able to add them! No promises, though, sorry!

We'd also love to hear any other feedback you have about the forums in general so do feel free to comment below.

Thanks for your patience during this update and thanks in advance for your feedback!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Legotron123

Re: New Themes

Post by Legotron123 »

Elegance soft blue is the closest to the old forums, so that’s what I’m going with.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I tend to go with whatever the forum default is and since it is now ProSilver Dark Edition, I am probably gonna use that.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Where's the "your posts"..."New posts"..."recent posts" columns? I can't find them.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

As Legotron123 did, I picked Elegance with soft blue colors, right because of that same reason. I need to get used to this new forum look, though.
Neko

Post by Neko »

I'm in favor of themes with avatars on the left side. I like dark themes, but when it comes to the rp section the colors for characters have been picked with a light colored background in mind. Thusly I'm using soft blue elegance.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I'm personally using ProSilver Dark since I think it looks the best. We Universal is good and is my second choice, however, I can't get used to how big the banner is at the top of the page on it. My Third choice would be a tie between Elegance Soft Green and Supernova.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think I have gotten used to the new default theme already. xP
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

NHWestoN wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:17 pm Where's the "your posts"..."New posts"..."recent posts" columns? I can't find them.
Oh, sorry! Those should appear if you click "Quick links" in the upper-left, right under "proSilver dark edition"

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

i can't see most of the posts with the dark theme.. the speaking color disappears into it.
The themes also have such tiny type, that makes it also hard for me to see..

we_universal, Is the only one i can see clearly, An has the largest type, so it will be the one i'm going to have use.

The one for the old and half blind of us out here.
Last edited by Keeshah on Mon May 04, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
restcure

Post by restcure »

Never been a fan of dark themes. As a fan of blue, I'm in the softblue camp of elegance.

Supernova's cool too
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

I'm using Prosilver Dark. I tried the other themes but this one seems the most polished and best organized, in my opinion. I dearly wish the avatars were on the left, though. I'd use we_universal if it didn't have a generic header image and if was darker.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Legotron123 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:20 am Elegance soft blue is the closest to the old forums, so that’s what I’m going with.
Ditto.

I can't handle supernova, it's got the avatars on the wrong side.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Dissension wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:41 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:17 pm Where's the "your posts"..."New posts"..."recent posts" columns? I can't find them.
Oh, sorry! Those should appear if you click "Quick links" in the upper-left, right under "proSilver dark edition"
Thanks, Diss ... I shouldn't have too much trouble with the "dark edition". I've been "in the dark" since 1992. ;)
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

NHWestoN wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:41 pmThanks, Diss ... I shouldn't have too much trouble with the "dark edition". I've been "in the dark" since 1992. ;)
Haha, I feel as though I relate more strongly to that sentiment with each passing month. The times, they are a-changin'.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I don't know how to change my themes @_@

Edit: Figured it out. Liking Supernova and we_universal so far.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

GameCobra wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:04 pm I don't know how to change my themes @_@

Edit: Figured it out. Liking Supernova and we_universal so far.
This is just a "voyage of discovery", ain't it? ;)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Yes. x3

I'm not the fanciest person :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

First of all, I liked the old style better then any of the new ones. Now that that is out of the way, my favorite of the available options is Elegance SteelBlue. It has better contrast than SoftBlue. The pinned section could be more distinct, though. Supernova is my runner up, but it has the avatars and related information on the wrong side. we_universal would be higher for me, but the banner is large and doesn't fit the forum at all. I'm not trying to devalue the opinions of people that like them, but my least favorites are Prosilver (Dark Edition), for being, well, dark, and proflat and pro_ubuntu_lucid for their icons.
Something that isn't objectively bad, but is a part of all the new themes that will take some getting use to is the buttons at the bottom when making a post are in a different order. Instead of "Preview-Submit-Save", the save have been moved to the left to make "Save draft-Preview-Submit". I have to make sure whenever I click one that I don't misclick based on position.
Interesting how this is going on during Species Change Week. It's like the forum changed species.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That definitely is one way to look at it. I have been on a forum that does have the same layout but when I'm here I have to remember it is different than it was before and not use the memory I have of the forum before the update.