HPU: Mystic Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Neko

Re: HPU: Mystic Meadows

Post by Neko »

DdeeStar wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:22 pm Pause. "Understood. Thank you again." The cat replies, a small smile accompanying his parting bow as he heads off to the great outdoors, scarf wound firmly and staff by his side. Stepping onto the trail he begins a slow, methodical pace as his eyes, ears, and nose catch every scene and scent. It's almost overwhelming at first, but soon he finds the method behind the perceived madness, starting to focus on sources like small critters within the foliage and assorted bits of refuse around the entrance trash can. With a moment to steady himself he's back to the search, painting the area into his mind with his senses as he searches for the patterns that make up the world.
"Not a problem. It should be fairly quiet given it is cold out. Lots of animals hibernating around this time, and there generally isn't too much trouble in these parts." Ralph gave the feline a warm smile, waving as they left. "I'll get this paperwork done as soon as I can!"

_____________________ The Meadow _____________________

The white wolf slumped to the ground at the base of an oak tree near the outskirts of the meadow, his white fur having been dirtied to look more gray than white. "Uuugh..." Jake groaned. He hadn't been awake very long and yet he felt completely drained. Is this what it felt like to not eat for two whole days? Not to mention that was only what he had remembered. For all he knew he hadn't eaten for three or four days, though he had felt fine when he had woken up, so it was unlikely.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Foxfan2164 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:50 pm "Sounds good to me!" Zane replied with a smile. "Don't really have anywhere else to go. My mom told me to come back by dusk." The black and white cat added as he walked towards Tiffini.
With a quick twirl, the Toyger faces forward, gait unbothered by the maneuver. "Great! We've got the whole day ahead of us then. We'll know this town inside and out before the sun falls!" Her tail twitches eagerly as she walks, glancing around at everything ahead of her. "So do you have any siblings or anyone else here? Friends who moved with you or anything?" Tiffani asks into the air, keeping the happy march forward rather than turning back again.
=============
Matatabi continues his curious wandering, staff lifting and landing on the ground just before every second footstep forward. His eyes wander as his silent sniffs at the air track scents among the wilder woods, ears flicking to align with unfamiliar noises. All the while his face remains expressionless, tail slowly swishing behind him as his feet bring him to the Picnic Area. Immediately the apprentice's duty springs to mind and he slams the staff into the ground, attempting to gain the attention of any wild animals, both seen and unseen. After the noise he takes a step further into the area to make himself as visible as possible, looking slowly through the zone for offenders.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Huh..." Zoey laid splayed out on the front lawn of her family's newly moved into house, staring at it with what could only be described as... disappointment? A burly looking Latino man wearing a hawaiian shirt a size too large was lying next to her. He turned his head to glance at her. "What's up Zo? Missing the city already?"
"Nooo, I just... I thought the house would be-" "Bigger?" "No." "Taller?" "Noooo." "Well then what-"

"Woodsier! Like... I thought we were gonna live in the forest or something! Like there was gonna be a giant tree growing in the middle of our house, and we'd be next to a cool crystal cave I could go spelunking down and it's like... y'know when they show food in those commercials, and it's like 'Ooh! I wanna go out and get that right now!' Cause it look so delicious and perfect and stuff, but when you order it at the place it looks at floppy and bleh and-"

"And then you find out online that they use a bunch of stuff like glue and cardboard to make everything look good?"

"Exactly! This house is like the umm glue... and. Wait, where was a I going with this analogy?" Zoey sat up, looking more befuddled than disappointed now. A moment later her owner gently ruffled the fur on her head before handing her her newsy cap, which she promptly put on.

"Anyways, rule number one of surviving out here in the wilderness is getting a survey of the surrounding area, which lucky for us I have already volunteered for~" After getting up with a soft grunt she pat off the grass that clung to her. "I'll map out optimal routes to our food source and make contact with the locals."

"Hah, so kind of you to do all the heavy lifting." Zoey's owner chuckled as she helped him up.

"Well I'm feeling in a generous mood today. Should start heading out now, don't wanna end up getting caught out somewhere before it gets dark, might get eaten by a grue..."

"Just make sure you get home before dinner, and don't get into any trouble!" He yelled after her, the malamute already confidently trotting off down the street.

"Wouldn't dream of it!" She called, back, before disappearing around the corner.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Citrisfur

Post by Citrisfur »

Neko wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 2:27 pm"Two stories sounds nice." The husky commented."Have you already explored around here?" Kutamo asked, having thought the place had only opened up that day. Perhaps this fox had been here early? "Is there anything cool around here to see?"
"Ah, I don't really know. I've only barely gotten here a little more than a couple of hours ago. My father must still be unpacking, but he insisted I explore the area before helping." Takido looks back at the fence, and then to the husky. "Wanna just pick a random direction and walk?"
Active RP Chars.
  • Nadirth'ynn|d69620|6465777
  • Tiramisu|00aaf6|4759476
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • James|00A8CA|475(10)877
  • Takido|00d022|5857953
Song Of The Day Queue, suspended

Profile Pic and Mystic Meadows banner by @Neko!
I also have an alt @Citris26
Neko

Post by Neko »

Citrisfur wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:22 am "Ah, I don't really know. I've only barely gotten here a little more than a couple of hours ago. My father must still be unpacking, but he insisted I explore the area before helping." Takido looks back at the fence, and then to the husky. "Wanna just pick a random direction and walk?"
The husky nodded his head. "Yeah, I'm fine with that. It just seems like a bunch of boring houses out here. The city has more cool stuff to see." Kutamo shrugged, walking over to the sidewalk and stopping. "So you live with your dad? I never heard of foxes staying together unless they were mates."
Foxfan2164

Post by Foxfan2164 »

DdeeStar wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:19 pm
Foxfan2164 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:50 pm "Sounds good to me!" Zane replied with a smile. "Don't really have anywhere else to go. My mom told me to come back by dusk." The black and white cat added as he walked towards Tiffini.
With a quick twirl, the Toyger faces forward, gait unbothered by the maneuver. "Great! We've got the whole day ahead of us then. We'll know this town inside and out before the sun falls!" Her tail twitches eagerly as she walks, glancing around at everything ahead of her. "So do you have any siblings or anyone else here? Friends who moved with you or anything?" Tiffani asks into the air, keeping the happy march forward rather than turning back again.
"No not really. I just moved in here with my parents." Zane said as he ran to catch up with the eager cat up ahead. "I don't really have siblings."
My Characters (Links and all)
Just your average Fox, Max and Marion fan.
Neko

Post by Neko »

DdeeStar wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:19 pm Matatabi continues his curious wandering, staff lifting and landing on the ground just before every second footstep forward. His eyes wander as his silent sniffs at the air track scents among the wilder woods, ears flicking to align with unfamiliar noises. All the while his face remains expressionless, tail slowly swishing behind him as his feet bring him to the Picnic Area. Immediately the apprentice's duty springs to mind and he slams the staff into the ground, attempting to gain the attention of any wild animals, both seen and unseen. After the noise he takes a step further into the area to make himself as visible as possible, looking slowly through the zone for offenders.
Perception check [5] - GM Rolls 10 - Failure

An acorn flies through the air, hitting Matatabi's chest. A gray squirrel is high up in a nearby tree, a fist shaking angrily at the feline. "Hey, keep it down you idiot! Don't you know that there is a wolf-" The high pitched voice trailed off as she squinted to the feline, realizing that the other was wearing a collar. "Oh, a pet?" Any concern drained away from her voice, sounding bored and unpassionate. "Go be loud somewhere else and not near my tree!"

"Huh?!" The wolf sat up with a jerk, looking around with half lidded eyes. "Uhn..." He grumbled, slumping back against the base of the oak tree. Jake realized he must have dozed off, unsure for how long since he didn't know the time, though it still seemed to be in the morning. What had caused him to wake up so suddenly?
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Foxfan2164 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:13 am "No not really. I just moved in here with my parents." Zane said as he ran to catch up with the eager cat up ahead. "I don't really have siblings."
"Oh. Same here." She replies with a calmer tone, the excitement faded somewhat. "My owner adopted me off the street. Then he felt bad about leaving me home alone, so he got Matt. But Matt's weird. He does voodoo stuff and I think he hates me." Tiffani's response almost seems to trap her in thought, head tilted slightly and eyes on the horizon as she speaks in front of her again.
Neko wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:09 pm An acorn flies through the air, hitting Matatabi's chest. A gray squirrel is high up in a nearby tree, a fist shaking angrily at the feline. "Hey, keep it down you idiot! Don't you know that there is a wolf-" The high pitched voice trailed off as she squinted to the feline, realizing that the other was wearing a collar. "Oh, a pet?" Any concern drained away from her voice, sounding bored and unpassionate. "Go be loud somewhere else and not near my tree!"
Matt takes the customary pause time to stick the collar back beneath his scarf, not bothering to look up at the offender. Once the moment of silent has passed he brushes the off-handpaw down his front, slowly turning to face the squirrel. He speaks in a measured, almost robotic tone. "There are no animals allowed in the Picnic Area. Respect the authority of both the Reserve territory and its rules. Foods left behind by human visitors are often unfit for feral animals and closeness leads to danger for all involved. Vacate the area and have a nice day." The cat's eyes are locked onto the squirrel, the staff tilting to cross his body in an uncaring attempt at defense.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Citrisfur

Mystic Meadows: Takido Responds

Post by Citrisfur »

Neko wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:53 pm The husky nodded his head. "Yeah, I'm fine with that. It just seems like a bunch of boring houses out here. The city has more cool stuff to see." Kutamo shrugged, walking over to the sidewalk and stopping. "So you live with your dad? I never heard of foxes staying together unless they were mates."
"Ah, right. I meant my adoptive father. He's human. He owns a house in Japan, but he's also bought this new one here." Takido says, joining Kutamo. "Apparently the more dens, the better for humans," he adds, stretching. "How big is this neighborhood, you think?"
Active RP Chars.
  • Nadirth'ynn|d69620|6465777
  • Tiramisu|00aaf6|4759476
  • Lyncus|DE9D0A|88448574
  • James|00A8CA|475(10)877
  • Takido|00d022|5857953
Song Of The Day Queue, suspended

Profile Pic and Mystic Meadows banner by @Neko!
I also have an alt @Citris26
Neko

Post by Neko »

DdeeStar wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:29 pm Matt takes the customary pause time to stick the collar back beneath his scarf, not bothering to look up at the offender. Once the moment of silent has passed he brushes the off-handpaw down his front, slowly turning to face the squirrel. He speaks in a measured, almost robotic tone. "There are no animals allowed in the Picnic Area. Respect the authority of both the Reserve territory and its rules. Foods left behind by human visitors are often unfit for feral animals and closeness leads to danger for all involved. Vacate the area and have a nice day." The cat's eyes are locked onto the squirrel, the staff tilting to cross his body in an uncaring attempt at defense.
The Squirrel smirks down at the feline. "Oh, you're keeping the peace and stuff, yeah? You should go out to the lake, I heard there is a big dog making a lot of noise and...Breaking all the rules!" A friendly smile suddenly appeared on her face. "I'll make sure to leave right after."

Citrisfur wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:44 pm "Ah, right. I meant my adoptive father. He's human. He owns a house in Japan, but he's also bought this new one here." Takido says, joining Kutamo. "Apparently the more dens, the better for humans," he adds, stretching. "How big is this neighborhood, you think?"
Kutamo gave a blank look to the fox, turning his head away to hide his confused look. "Uuuh, right." The husky began walking down the sidewalk at a casual pace. "Japan? That a city or something?" The canine glanced around to the numerous houses. "Yeah, humans love living all together I guess. I was on the fence earlier, and it looked pretty big to me." He looked sideways to the fox as they walked. "Guess that means there will be a lot of humans and animals."