The Avenge-Nerds: A Tale of Action, Friends, Love, and DnD

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

NHWestoN

Re: The Avenge-Nerds: A Tale of Action, Friends, Love, and D

Post by NHWestoN »

The muse is whoever inspires you. One of the primary signs of the muse returning is an outburst of ingenious creativity and artistic energy from the person (you!) being spiritual enlivened.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I do love the way that this current chapter has come out. Keep up the good work!
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

THE AVENGE-NERDS
Issue #1

Chapter #4 - This is Where the Fun Begins

Dallas rolled a perception check. "Twelve." he announced with a hint of nervousness in his voice. Joey described what he saw...

Out of the corner of his eye, Dallas noticed flashlight beams in a building across the street. He was pretty sure it was an art museum. He asked quietly, "What's that?" "What's what, sweetheart?" Cheese responded. He turned and looked behind him. Seeing the flashlight beams, Cheese pressed a button on his glasses that activated vision-enhancing technology he designed. Realizing the ones carrying the flashlights were definitely not guards, he turned to his love and said, "Good eye." before writing the check and pulling him out the backdoor of the restaurant. He pressed a button on his watch and said, "HARVEY, I need an equipment drop. send in Dallas' equipment while you're at it." Dallas asked, "Sweetie, whats happening?" Cheese replied, "Dear, what you've spotted is a good-old-fashioned, run-of-the-mill burglary. If you're gonna get into the superhero business, this is a good place to start."

Dallas was startled when a metallic pod landed next to him with a loud crash. He exclaims, "Watch where you put those things!" "Don't worry." Cheese said, "With the safety protocols I installed, you couldn't get crushed by one of those even if you tried." Dallas examined the pod more closely. On it was the logo of Granger Industries. Upon seeing this, Dallas said, "Aren't you worried about people seeing this logo and making the connection that you're Iron Fox?" To this, Cheese replied, "Trust me, you'd be surprised by how ignorant the people in this city are." He opened a door on the pod to reveal it's contents: Cheese's Iron Fox armor, and Dallas' Starfleet uniform and Phaser. Cheese handed Dallas the phaser, and said, "I forgot to ask; is that a real ray gun?" Dallas replied, "The people of your time call it a ray gun, but the people of my time call it a Type II Phaser."

(Note from Joey: the Star Trek TV series does not exist in the Avenge-Nerds DnD Universe, because both the TV show and the actual Starfleet existing in the same universe would be paradoxical.)

After they finished suiting up, Cheese said, "You'll do great out there, Dallie." Dallas replied, "Thanks Cheesy."

It was then that Cheese irl grabbed Dallas' collar and once again pulled him in for a kiss. The Dalmatian wrapped his arms around the fox. It felt so natural. After their lips parted, Cheese said, "I love you, Dallas. I really do. I've always loved you, ever since the day we met." Dallas smiled and said, "I know, my sweet, fluffy fox." Dallas cuddled up against Cheese and said, "Ready to bash some burglars, hon?" Cheese said, "You bet I am!"

"Wait" Squeak interjected. "Do we have a healer?" To this, Dallas replied, "My character is a Starfleet science officer with medical training. He can tend to whatever ails you." "Good." Squeak said.

Iron Fox and Captain Starfleet entered the museum through the same door as the burglars. The burglars were clearly non-professional, as they had left a trail of opened doors behind them. Iron Fox and Captain Starfleet followed the trail until they heard voices. "I heard this one's worth a good lot. help me take it down." Then Iron Fox rounded the corner and aimed flamethrowers at the robbers. "Alright. Surrender now." Immediately, the burglars opened fire.

"Nat 20" announced Joey. "What?!" said everyone except Joey and Lester. Lester just said, "I knew it'd happen eventually." By pure luck, one of the burglars' shots hit the fuel tank of Iron Fox's flamethrower. It exploded, tearing part of his suit off and throwing the metallic vulpine back several feet. Shocked, Dallas said, "Did you... just kill my boyfriend?!?" Joey, taken aback by Dallas' reaction, said, "He's not dead yet, Jim. Since he's the apparent main character, I'm just gonna say he's badly injured for now." Dallas sighed in relief. "I just fell in love with this guy." he said. "I don't wanna lose him already." Cheese smiled and said, "It's always a good day to not be dead!"

Dallas rushed over his injured soulmate. Checking his pulse with one hand, he drew his phaser with the other hand and yelled to the robbers, "Please, don't hurt him! You've caused enough destruction already!" "Says the dog who has wiped out pacifist villages mercilessly." quipped Joey. Dallas replied, "Shut up man, this is different." As all this was going on, a security guard-a brown Canadian Pointer Mix-rounded the corner to see a bunch of people pointing guns at each other, in HIS museum, around the art HE so preciously guarded.

This made him very...
very...
ANGRY.

Author's note: Yeah, I know, I know, a nat 20 does not equal an insta-kill. I just wanted to add drama!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You did a really wonderful job with writing this! I can't wait to see how Dallas channels his anger but I have a feeling that people better watch out.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

It may or may not involve his baseball bat.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If it does I hope he doesn't go full-homicidal and aim for their heads...
Dogglar

Post by Dogglar »

He-he's dead! Ah! xd Nice work with this issue
B.E.A.R. PMC
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Very exciting! I have a feeling those burglars will regret hurting Cheese. Keep up the good work.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Still, it's always a good day not to be dead - words to live by.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Because if you are dead, you aren't saying anything. :lol:
Dogglar

Post by Dogglar »

(Casual link of "Heavy is Dead")
B.E.A.R. PMC
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Thank you Dogglar, Amazee, Trekkie, and NHWeston-your kind words always mean a lot to me!
trekkie wrote:I have a feeling those burglars will regret hurting Cheese.
Trust me when I say this: they will. At least one of them will get to know Dallas' bat really well.
Dogglar wrote:(Casual link of "Heavy is Dead")
As M. Bison would say... "YES! YES!"
I was wondering how long it would be before someone got that reference!
"It is good day to be not dead!"
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Thrilling chapter, Foxy. Bring on the pain :twisted:
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Sorry for the hiatus. I hope to start working on this again soon.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its OK. I'm sure everybody realizes that sometimes you have to take a hiatus to work on a story before you can get back to writing it. But I am glad that you are going to be working on this again!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Yeah, take your time Foxy, good things are worth the wait.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Thanks guys!
That's what I love about this community- It's always so uplifting and supportive!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Sorry for taking so long guys. The next one will be done quicker, I promise!

THE AVENGE-NERDS
Issue #1

Chapter #5 - Krunlk Quash

Peanut said, "Everyone, please..." but he was interrupted when a pink glow began emitting from his fur. He let out a howl as he abruptly began to grow in size. He went from being about 3 feet tall to the size of a full grown human-a very beefy full grown human. As in, he was stronger than any dog-or any natural humanoid, for that matter-should possibly be able to be. The leading robber yelled, "Open fire!" and they both began shooting the pink monstrosity. But it was for naught, as the bullets seemed to bounce off of the Krunlk. Peanu-I mean, the Krunlk walked forward, picked up one of the robbers, and threw him out of the window.

Joey said, "Another nat 20? These dice aren't weighted, are they?"

Dallas pointed a phaser at the remaining robber and said, "Don't move!" The robber complied, and dropped his weapon. Dallas ran over to Iron Fox, who said, "I'm sorry, sweetie. They got me." "You're gonna be okay, sweetie" Dallas said, "I was a medical officer in Starfleet." Dallas grabbed onto his lover's armor and said, "I'm gonna need to take this off, okay?" The injured fox nodded. The Dalmatian gently pulled off his fox's armor, then pulled out a small medical spray. "This will disinfect your wounds and help them heal faster." he said as he sprayed the substance on the vulpine's burns. The fox still didn't speak, but he looked calmer. Dallas asked, "Is that better?" His beloved nodded weakly. Dallas picked up the Cheese bridal style, then looked at the partially destroyed armor. "Well, I guess we can't just leave this here." the dog thought. He turned to the Canadian Pointer standing behind him, who was now once again his normal size. “Hey you” Dallas said, “can you help me with this armor?”

And so they carried the fox and his armor back to Granger Manor. When the Dalmatian finished stabilizing the fox, he laid him gently in his bed. He was very tired, so he climbed into bed and cuddled his fox, before drifting off into a deep sleep.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really glad that you are back to working on this! It really has come out very awesome!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Very sweet chapter, Foxi. Cheese is in good paws.

FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

trekkie wrote:Very sweet chapter, Foxi. Cheese is in good paws.
He certainly is!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

What a relief. Great chapter Foxy :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Still "musing", eh? Good stuff!!
FireworkFox

Re: The Avenge-Nerds: A Tale of Action, Friends, Love, and DnD

Post by FireworkFox »

IT'S COMING
SOON

Hopefully. I'm gonna start working in the next chapter this week, I promise!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just work on it when you are able to! I'm sure that whatever you end up posting will be just as good as the previous chapters!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

No hurry ... Quality takes time, kiddo! ;)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Yeah, take your time, your stuff is worth the wait.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

trekkie wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:20 pm Yeah, take your time, your stuff is worth the wait.
Exactly.