Non-HPU: Crater City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:05 pm In a happy frame of mind, Julian got into his new stuff and sauntered down to the pick up point.
There was a car waiting for Julian, but the driver wasn't who he might have expected. The Cafe owner unlocked the passenger seat door of his Sedan, smiling politely at the fox. "Mornin'! Sorry, Heather couldn't come. Some kind of emergency happened at the base. Don't have the clearance to know what myself, but the Colonel's been runnin' around yellin' orders at folks all night and all morning. We best not be late; She don't seem like she's in the mood for delays."

---------------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:54 am "Mmm..." Her jaws fly open as a yawn overtakes her, finally disturbing her enough to get her to push herself upright. "TV. News." She mumbles, reaching towards the telltale fragrance of dark coffee. The youngest quickly retrieves the remote, setting up the channel to play in the background as they spoke, but the report being played quickly overpowers any attempt at casual conversation.
Shortly after that, the phone rang. Colonel Heather was on the other end of the line. "Mist, Tigress, you two are needed at Headquarters. We have a situation on our hands."

---------------------------------

Wildfire reached the bay and dove into the water, causing it to flash-boil on contact with his scales and releasing a burst of steam into the air. The fire dragon took some time to rinse the soot and smoke out of his mouth.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by SeanWolf »

Deske wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:30 pm Listening to the dial tone he waited for the system to patch him through to the correct number, "Hi, this is Gregg Collins from Vittorio's, I'm trying to reach Mr. Mordecai."
Jarek picked up the phone, "Hi, Jarek here. you reached the house of Mayor Mordecai Tal'Set. He's not home at the moment, may I take a message?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a woosh, the elevator doors opened up, allowing a well-dressed Mordecai to step out into the lobby and out onto the streets to a waiting cab, waiting to take him to city council building. Although he wasn't looking forward to another day of the same song and dance routine, he had come better prepared this time as he opened his suitcase containing the documents he requested from his house. Documents that he didn't think he needed but, after the events of yesterday, he felt it was best to bring them. As such, he had spent the good bit of the morning combing over the documents he and his lawyer worked on days prior to make sure everything was in place. It wasn't too long after they left the hotel when they arrived at the destination, Mordecai paying the cabbie the fair along with a tip before heading in for business, ignoring the commotion that appeared to have been going on. After checking in at the desk, he headed down the hallway to the council chamber, taking deep breaths to calm his nerves. "Breathe in...1,2 3....Breathe out...1,2,3....Breathe in..." he told himself quietly as he approached the door with suitcase in hand, readying himself for another day of pointless begging from them.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:44 pm Shortly after that, the phone rang. Colonel Heather was on the other end of the line. "Mist, Tigress, you two are needed at Headquarters. We have a situation on our hands."
"Right away, Colonel!" Mist replies, pulling his hand from the automatic salute to hit the End Call button. With a quick swing upwards, he pops to his feet, whirling through the room to toss on his undershirt and re-attach the blade to his waist. The latter gives him pause. If this really is a situation, she wouldn't be calling me unless she needs something only I can provide, right? Otherwise she'd just call one of the actual agents... Unsheathing the blade, he contemplates it in the dim light. Either way, it's better to be prepared.

A few moments later he's headed out the door, a hand towel tied tightly around his upper arm. His other hand dances along his phone's keyboard, quick glances upwards confirming he won't crash into a random passerby as he runs through the hall. With the survey he'd conducted last night, finding his way back to the HQ was no problem at all, slipping through the front doors mere minutes after the call.

===========

The half-conscious Zoomorph slowly curls shut the battered phone, planting both of her palms firmly on the table as she begins to mutter a string of incomprehensible curses. With considerable effort she pushes herself to her feet, then snatching blindly at the coffee pot before she raises and pours the entire capacity into her mouth. The shapes and colors around her begin to sharpen, her senses waking to their duties. With a single louder swear she turns to the sink, dropping the pot in and turning the cold water on so she can splash it against her face.

Watching from the table with his own small cup of coffee, Theodore gently asks "Garima?"

Taking a moment for herself to both drip-dry and mutter a threat on the Colonel's life Tigress, hunched over the sink, growls "That... camp thing needs me to come back. I don't - remember how to get there!" Both hands sweep down her face, flinging water drops against the metal.

"Lee sent th' d'rections ta me." Briar pipes in, shaking his lit phone. "And, uh, ask'd 'f we could take ya." With a quick glance at his guardian he gives a jovial "Ah'll drive. Getcherselves s'me water 'nd we'll get 'er bike 'n the bed." The two watch Tigress, waiting for an affirmative response.

With a tired sigh she looks back over her shoulder, eyes only half open, but the brilliant glow of the family's only friends is more than clear. "You two are lifesavers." She mumbles, shaking her head with a single laugh of bewilderment.

Through this, the hum of the motorcycle's engine stalls to a stop outside of the Headquarters before too long. The chain loops through the wheels in moments, and Tigress walks through the doors in search of what vital emergency could be worth forcing her into activity before noon on a Sunday.
Last edited by DdeeStar on Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Julian made a mock 'frustrated' gesture with one arm. " I KNEW I should have made up a safe word!" The grin was infectious - he hoped - as he got in. " Good job your scent's all over that cafeteria." He made sure he had his phone on as he strapped in. Just in case he'd made a mis-smelling.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Deske »

"Yeah, could you let him know that his suit's ready for pickup or delivery?" Gregg asks, sticking the phone between his shoulder and his cheek and shifting over to make a few hemming marks on a pant leg.
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14404
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:44 pm Wildfire reached the bay and dove into the water, causing it to flash-boil on contact with his scales and releasing a burst of steam into the air. The fire dragon took some time to rinse the soot and smoke out of his mouth.
Ted sighs at the news on the TV, knowing that the morning's fun is over. He dresses a bit slower than Ryan, taking the time to put on his fatigues and boots, wanting to be ready for any eventuality. He makes sure the oak leaf insignia denoting his rank of Major is securely attached to the front of his uniform and then tucks his helmet under his arm and follows the otter into the elevator. Despite its whimsical appearance, the helmet is made of military-grade materials and will stop, or at least slow, most standard issue ammunition just like a regular helmet.

As the elevator reaches the basement carpark, the pair share a kiss goodbye and climb into their respective cars. Ryan's eye-catching red Mazda MX-5 flies up the ramp first and turns onto the road with a squeal of tyres. Ted follows in his little blue '70's era VW Beetle at a more sedate pace, thankful for the minimal traffic at this time of morning that had let Ryan leave so fast.

Ryan heads for Fred's, hoping the cook will be working early so he can use the trapdoor to access the bay.

Ted, meanwhile, heads for the KDF base. He flashes his military ID at the guard at the gate and asks where to find the Colonel.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:29 pm With a woosh, the elevator doors opened up, allowing a well-dressed Mordecai to step out into the lobby and out onto the streets to a waiting cab, waiting to take him to city council building. Although he wasn't looking forward to another day of the same song and dance routine, he had come better prepared this time as he opened his suitcase containing the documents he requested from his house. Documents that he didn't think he needed but, after the events of yesterday, he felt it was best to bring them. As such, he had spent the good bit of the morning combing over the documents he and his lawyer worked on days prior to make sure everything was in place. It wasn't too long after they left the hotel when they arrived at the destination, Mordecai paying the cabbie the fair along with a tip before heading in for business, ignoring the commotion that appeared to have been going on. After checking in at the desk, he headed down the hallway to the council chamber, taking deep breaths to calm his nerves. "Breathe in...1,2 3....Breathe out...1,2,3....Breathe in..." he told himself quietly as he approached the door with suitcase in hand, readying himself for another day of pointless begging from them.
The door opened, and a man stood in the doorway. He was tall, well kempt, and had a smile on his face about something. When he saw Mordecai, that smile rather quickly vanished, replaced by an expression that looked like he had just smelled something foul. Without so much as an 'excuse me' he stepped through the door and around Mordecai on his way out.

From inside, the counsel could see Mordecai standing in the doorway. "Come in, Mr. mayor." the head of the counsel, the Mayor of Crater City, said.

----------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:01 am Ryan heads for Fred's, hoping the cook will be working early so he can use the trapdoor to access the bay.
Fred, luckily, was in early today and opened the door for Ryan. Knowing the situation due to his connections with Titus and the KDF, he led Ryan into the back where the trapdoor to the bay is.

----------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:01 am Ted, meanwhile, heads for the KDF base. He flashes his military ID at the guard at the gate and asks where to find the Colonel.
"Just follow the shouts. Colonel's on a warpath about this whole fiasco." the guard answered "You'll likely find her up in headquarters, but I don't know if she'll let you in. Got the whole building in lockdown until those two kidnappers and the hunter are found."

----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:38 pm Julian made a mock 'frustrated' gesture with one arm. " I KNEW I should have made up a safe word!" The grin was infectious - he hoped - as he got in. " Good job your scent's all over that cafeteria." He made sure he had his phone on as he strapped in. Just in case he'd made a mis-smelling.
"I'm sorry about all this inconvenience. I don't have clearance to use the tunnels. Technically, I don't have clearance to even know about them, but they ain't much of a secret on base. We'll have to use the bridge."

Once Julian was buckled in, the Cafe' owner pulled out and made his way to the freeway. "It's been one **** of a mess up at HQ. Media only reported on the kidnappers, but the hunter you guys ran into is also gone without a peep or trace. Like all three of 'em just evaporated."

----------------------------------

Meanwhile, Heather was in the main HQ at the peak of the mountain town. People and Kaiju were running around this way and that while the Colonel barked orders. Even the Kaiju seemed afraid of her right now. The only one who wasn't seemed to be Elder, who was busy scanning the area for signs of the escapees.

----------------------------------

Wildfire dove down deep into the bay, far deeper than any diver could possibly go. The meteor which formed an island in the middle of the bay stretched all the way down to the silty floor of the crater. Wildfire reached the bottom, where strange cracks in the meteor could only be seen due to the glowing red light emanating from the dragon's scales.

Wildfire's throat glowed green. He opened his mouth and shot out a burst of nature's fire at the cracks. The fire filled them, causing them to glow like light shining from behind a closed door. The cracks split, opening up. The rocky exterior of the meteor opened, and actual light shined from within the object as water rushed inside. Wildfire followed the current, entering into the Crater Bay meteor.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:50 pm The door opened, and a man stood in the doorway. He was tall, well kempt, and had a smile on his face about something. When he saw Mordecai, that smile rather quickly vanished, replaced by an expression that looked like he had just smelled something foul. Without so much as an 'excuse me' he stepped through the door and around Mordecai on his way out.

From inside, the counsel could see Mordecai standing in the doorway. "Come in, Mr. mayor." the head of the counsel, the Mayor of Crater City, said.
Charming, he thought, watching the man walk off. He shook his head and entered the chamber, placing the briefcase on the table in front of him with a gentle thud, then proceeding to open the case up. "Council Of Crater City," he began in a contemptuous tone, "Before I start, I would like to begin with by saying that my time here in Crater City has been one of disappointment and troubles, right from the moment I laid eyes upon your city. From an attempted hit on my life," he looked over at Councilman McCarthy with a quick and cold, almost chilling, glance, "To kaijus acting like entertainment attractions for humans to one of your own putting a child's life at risk, my time here in this city has been, to repeat myself, one of disappointments and troubles." Taking a few documents from the case and placing them next to it, he continued as his tone went from that of contemptuous to a more direct diplomatic one as he continued, "With that out of the way, we all know why I am here again today; a second attempt at persuading I, Mordecai Tal'Set, Mayor Of Thunder Bay and part of the proud and honorable Tikbalang race, to register with this council. My mind has not been changed nor altered from yesterday's meeting as I not only remain steadfast in what I said, but more so today than yesterday..." Even though there was more he wanted to say - in fact, there was alot more - something stopped him. Something not physical but mental as his mind was soon replaying the conversation he had with Jason O'Conner yesterday: "But also, respect that he and Wildfire and any other Kaiju here have a right to not adhere to Tikbalang customs, just as you have the right to live your life your own way. This is America after all. If he wants to show off a bit and he's not hurting anyone, from his point of view, and legally speaking, there's nothing wrong with that. It may not be the Tikbalang way but that doesn't mean it's the __wrong__way, know what I'm saying?"

"However...my day yesterday did have some bright moments," he soon said as he gave a small yet truthful smile, "I met the son of a friend of mine who goes by the name of Ryan. Though he too was blind to my customs and beliefs...he was the first one to show me friendship here and take the time to understand me..." He looked back at the council, "If it's all the same to you, I would like to apologize for my actions yesterday as I am beginning to understand that I...should be open with my customs and beliefs and explain why my people don't behave like other kaijus instead of...instead of how I acted. Let it be known here, though, that this doesn't mean I will register as my thoughts on that have not wavered in anyway."
Last edited by SeanWolf on Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

" |Right," Julian said uncertainly. " I need to make a couple of calls." He pulled out his phone and dialled. First he dialled his old boss. " Hi, uh, yeah. It's Julian. I NOW I texted and... Already filled? Really? Uh, um, no. Look. I just wanted to warn you to be careful. I found a new job... yes, working for you was good but I kinda chanced into an official job helping people in medicine... Just I stumbled onto it helping someone being attacked. The, um, police released the guy on bail and, uh, I WAS wearing an official shop shirt at the time so, uh..." He grimaced. " Yeah. Be careful, OK?" After the call ended, he called Tracie and, roughly, repeated the basic elements of the call. He put the phone away. " Had to cut that short," he admitted. " Only have $5 left on the credit."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Deske »

After he'd finished making the preliminary holding stitches in the pant leg, Gregg stood up from his chair and headed to the front door. Snagging the phone along with the way, he stuffed it into a pocket as he locked the front door and flipped the sign to "Will Return At..." He headed towards the back door, grabbing the keys to the business only car they used for deliveries and mail runs. "You're probably busy, so if I'm calling at a bad time please don't feel like you can't let me know," he said grabbing the suit bag and loading it into the trunk. He transferred the call to his cellphone before slipping into the drivers seat and starting the car.
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:50 pm Meanwhile, Heather was in the main HQ at the peak of the mountain town. People and Kaiju were running around this way and that while the Colonel barked orders. Even the Kaiju seemed afraid of her right now. The only one who wasn't seemed to be Elder, who was busy scanning the area for signs of the escapees.
"Wwff!" Mist squeaks in surprise as he swings himself out of the way of an employee sprinting past. Taking a moment to collect himself (and listen to the shouts echoing down the halls) he checks his surroundings, clearing himself to cross the room and take an unattended clipboard off of the counter. Snatching a pen with the other hand, he quickly joins at the tail end of the next patrol to pass by, effortlessly mimicking the group's speed and sense of urgency. He scans the walls and vents as they walk, but most of his attention is reserved to tend to his confusion. Three people are missing... And at least that one guy was kept in here, wasn't he? They were going to question him - well, we wouldn't be searching here if he wasn't supposed to be here. But... unless the security here is less than the trunk of the Colonel's car, the obvious solution is that he had help. As the party he follows moves to enter an area with higher security clearance, he hesitates. At least one. The usual shock of paranoia paralyzes him until the door slams shut, forcing him to shake it off and find another way to hide. I need to find someone I know isn't on their side - so either Heather or the do-... Well... With an annoyed sigh through grit teeth, he starts to chase down the source of the noise. The Colonel. Find Miss Heather.
===========
The older feline's entrance into the building is far less violent than the morning's stress would suggest; without the knowledge that the hunter had vanished as well, this may as well just be an after-hours call, which was something she'd long been adapted to. Nothing but mild fatigue encourages needless strength, and as the door drifts shut behind her she's surprised by the emptiness of the lobby - and the volume. Wincing against the pounding in her head, Tigress manages to focus enough to let her fieldsight collect her surroundings. The Colonel's glow appears off in the distance, vague and wavy from the layers of interference but unmistakable from the sound. The multitude of footsteps follows, setting up an array of clustered Life fields in the halls in both directions. The buzz of Power follows, detailing the electrical outlets and devices, finally concluding with the immediately near Void fields her senses can't make sense of. With a general idea of where she's headed, she turns her head to address the group passing by in hopes she can skip the walk. "Hey! What's the issue!" She snarls bluntly, holding her palm to her temple with her offhand.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14404
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ryan wastes no time in disrobing, having dressed in just his blue boardshorts and a shirt, and drops straight through the trapdoor and into the water. It's not hard to spot the dragon in the bay and, after swimming a safe distance and Shifting, he soon catches up to the bigger kaiju with a few sweeps of his strong flippers. He follows the dragon into the meteor, and, unable to talk under the water, alerts Wildfire to his presence with a gentle nip at the tip of his tail, staying far enough back that he can easily retreat or dodge if the dragon reacts badly.

~~~~~~~~
Ted parks in his reserved spot by the entrance to the medical wing of the HQ building, puts on his helmet, and easily follows the shouts to the Colonel. He nods at Elder in greeting, then approaches the Colonel, snaps a smart salute and waits to be addressed. Despite being the third highest ranking officer on the base, he is still technically the Colonel's subordinate and defers to her judgement in an emergency, unless medically necessary. As he waits to be addressed, he mentally takes note of what little he can tell of her physical condition, judging her demeanour in case the stress has overwhelmed her. He patiently holds the salute until she returns it, as per military protocol.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:39 pm "However...my day yesterday did have some bright moments," he soon said as he gave a small yet truthful smile, "I met the son of a friend of mine who goes by the name of Ryan. Though he too was blind to my customs and beliefs...he was the first one to show me friendship here and take the time to understand me..." He looked back at the council, "If it's all the same to you, I would like to apologize for my actions yesterday as I am beginning to understand that I...should be open with my customs and beliefs and explain why my people don't behave like other kaijus instead of...instead of how I acted. Let it be known here, though, that this doesn't mean I will register as my thoughts on that have not wavered in anyway."
"I see." the Mayor of Crater City responded. "However, your beliefs might not matter soon. The bill to create a registry is already going through state legislation. We expect it will pass. You can either register on your own, or you will be made to register within the month. Think on that for a while."

----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:43 am " |Right," Julian said uncertainly. " I need to make a couple of calls." He pulled out his phone and dialled. First he dialled his old boss. " Hi, uh, yeah. It's Julian. I NOW I texted and... Already filled? Really? Uh, um, no. Look. I just wanted to warn you to be careful. I found a new job... yes, working for you was good but I kinda chanced into an official job helping people in medicine... Just I stumbled onto it helping someone being attacked. The, um, police released the guy on bail and, uh, I WAS wearing an official shop shirt at the time so, uh..." He grimaced. " Yeah. Be careful, OK?" After the call ended, he called Tracie and, roughly, repeated the basic elements of the call. He put the phone away. " Had to cut that short," he admitted. " Only have $5 left on the credit."
Tracie's phone went straight to voicemail, which made it easier to keep things brief. In the meantime, the cafe owner got on the freeway and started heading for one of the bridges crossing the bay. "You know, a young woman by that name showed up at my cafe' this morning. Not sure if it's the same Tracie, but who knows."

----------------------------
Deske wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:36 pm After he'd finished making the preliminary holding stitches in the pant leg, Gregg stood up from his chair and headed to the front door. Snagging the phone along with the way, he stuffed it into a pocket as he locked the front door and flipped the sign to "Will Return At..." He headed towards the back door, grabbing the keys to the business only car they used for deliveries and mail runs. "You're probably busy, so if I'm calling at a bad time please don't feel like you can't let me know," he said grabbing the suit bag and loading it into the trunk. He transferred the call to his cellphone before slipping into the drivers seat and starting the car.
Gregg's phone beeped shortly before he hung up. If he looked at it, he would see a voicemail from the Colonel.

"We need you to come to the base. All hands on deck. I'll debrief you when you get here."

----------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:32 am Ted parks in his reserved spot by the entrance to the medical wing of the HQ building, puts on his helmet, and easily follows the shouts to the Colonel. He nods at Elder in greeting, then approaches the Colonel, snaps a smart salute and waits to be addressed. Despite being the third highest ranking officer on the base, he is still technically the Colonel's subordinate and defers to her judgement in an emergency, unless medically necessary. As he waits to be addressed, he mentally takes note of what little he can tell of her physical condition, judging her demeanour in case the stress has overwhelmed her. He patiently holds the salute until she returns it, as per military protocol.
"Major." Heather started, returning the salute. "You're one of the few people I can trust. You had already left the base by the time the hunters vanished. I know it's... strange, but I need you to check all the Kaiju who were on base at the time for any foreign objects inside of them. Kaiju have an internal passive spacial distortion and the only way I can think of for human-sized people to vanish without a trace like that is if a Kaiju is trying to use that ability to smuggle them out."
DdeeStar wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:24 am The older feline's entrance into the building is far less violent than the morning's stress would suggest; without the knowledge that the hunter had vanished as well, this may as well just be an after-hours call, which was something she'd long been adapted to. Nothing but mild fatigue encourages needless strength, and as the door drifts shut behind her she's surprised by the emptiness of the lobby - and the volume. Wincing against the pounding in her head, Tigress manages to focus enough to let her fieldsight collect her surroundings. The Colonel's glow appears off in the distance, vague and wavy from the layers of interference but unmistakable from the sound. The multitude of footsteps follows, setting up an array of clustered Life fields in the halls in both directions. The buzz of Power follows, detailing the electrical outlets and devices, finally concluding with the immediately near Void fields her senses can't make sense of. With a general idea of where she's headed, she turns her head to address the group passing by in hopes she can skip the walk. "Hey! What's the issue!" She snarls bluntly, holding her palm to her temple with her offhand.
"The hunters are gone. All three of the ones we had held here for questioning." Heather shook her head. "I have the Headquarters locked down. Nobody goes in or out." she explained, stepping outside and gesturing for the Tigress to follow her. "You, Mist, Gregg, Julian... Anyone who was off base or outside of Headquarters are the only ones I can trust, which means I'll need all of you on standby for orders. There's going to be a lot that needs doing since we're now... understaffed."

----------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:32 am Ryan wastes no time in disrobing, having dressed in just his blue boardshorts and a shirt, and drops straight through the trapdoor and into the water. It's not hard to spot the dragon in the bay and, after swimming a safe distance and Shifting, he soon catches up to the bigger kaiju with a few sweeps of his strong flippers. He follows the dragon into the meteor, and, unable to talk under the water, alerts Wildfire to his presence with a gentle nip at the tip of his tail, staying far enough back that he can easily retreat or dodge if the dragon reacts badly.
Wildfire looks behind him. The light from the interior of the meteor made it easy to see the Kelpie. The dragon gave a nod, then swam up, breaking through the surface of the water above and climbing onto a sort of platform.

The interior of the meteor was massive, both compared to things designed for humans and also compared to how the object looked on the outside. It was large enough to remain in Kaiju form. Everything was well lit, and none of it looked like it could possibly have been designed by human hands.

Once Ryan breached the surface, Wildfire moved toward a door on the far end of the platform. "Welcome to my hideout." he said. "Watch your step," the dragon called back. "I need to check on something."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, these things do happen," Julian told the driver politely, looking for things to talk about. He was, however, genuinely interested. "So, what's the perks of working a cafe on a military base?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:32 am Ted parks in his reserved spot by the entrance to the medical wing of the HQ building, puts on his helmet, and easily follows the shouts to the Colonel. He nods at Elder in greeting, then approaches the Colonel, snaps a smart salute and waits to be addressed. Despite being the third highest ranking officer on the base, he is still technically the Colonel's subordinate and defers to her judgement in an emergency, unless medically necessary. As he waits to be addressed, he mentally takes note of what little he can tell of her physical condition, judging her demeanour in case the stress has overwhelmed her. He patiently holds the salute until she returns it, as per military protocol.
Once Mist's quiet glide through the halls concludes at the Colonel's gathering, he stops at the doorway to avoid immediate detection. As he notices the Doctor in the group he gives a quick wave in greeting, though the snappy salute causes him to pull his hand back. He had a job to do here, obviously.
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:02 pm "Major." Heather started. "You're one of the few people I can trust. You had already left the base by the time the hunters vanished. I know it's... strange, but I need you to check all the Kaiju who were on base at the time for any foreign objects inside of them. Kaiju have an internal passive spacial distortion and the only way I can think of for human-sized people to vanish without a trace like that is if a Kaiju is trying to use that ability to smuggle them out."
So I was on point. And Mom's going to flip her lid. We're really expecting a Kaiju sympathizing with... what, anti-Kaiju sentiments? The brief reflection pulls his attention away from the two targets, requiring him to hop to a jog after Heather starts moving again. He abandons all pretense of stealth as he rushes to keep up, weaving around the crowd she had finished addressing as he drops in line behind the two.
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:02 pm "The hunters are gone. All three of the ones we had held here for questioning." Heather shook her head. "I have the Headquarters locked down. Nobody goes in or out." she explained, stepping outside and gesturing for the Tigress to follow her. "You, Mist, Gregg, Julian... Anyone who was off base or outside of Headquarters are the only ones I can trust, which means I'll need all of you on standby for orders. There's going to be a lot that needs doing since we're now... understaffed."
Tigress's glare swings off of the passing group as Heather's voice addresses her directly. Her eyes gradually widen to shock as she stands in the open doorway behind this rebuilt team, bewildered at both the honesty and the complete betrayal managed in the same explanation. As she finally manages to regain herself, she regains not her composure but rather a familiar white-flame rage barely contained in the grit fangs and tensed claws. "So let me get this straight. One of your lackeys let free the <^^|^^> that tried to murder my son in cold blood, and WHAT, his FRIENDS, too? And you BROUGHT HIM HERE to deal with that?"

Ears pinned down and wincing at the malice in her tone, Mist awkwardly laughs to the air behind them "You say that like you wouldn't be mad if she left me in the hotel..." While in most cases he'd have an undercurrent discussion in Yasal to help her get herself under control, he knew her feelings toward Heather weren't something he wanted to get between.

Curling and uncurling her hands, Tigress stares deadeye at Heather, still lacking any trigger to provoke actual violence against a superior, but the roiling anger leaves her tail lashing as she slams the door behind her. "If I find the <^><^>, bring a body bag." She growls.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14404
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Hlaoroo »

As the Colonel returns the salute, Ted drops his paw and relaxes into the at-ease position. He frowns at the order.
"I appreciate the trust but that's easier said than done, Colonel. The obvious way to check would be with x-rays but anything strong enough to penetrate clean through a full-size kaiju would fry any human hidden inside... I could try healing, see if I can detect if I'm healing multiple bodies or just one, but without knowing what injuries there might be that would be risky. Hmm..." The hare pauses as his eyes alight on Tigress. "I might have an idea, actually, Colonel."

He crosses to the two felines and acknowledges Mist with a nod before turning to the cat's mother.
"Tigress. Technically you're still a civilian and thus not directly under my command, but I think you might be able to help us find these <^^|^^>, as you called them, if you would be so kind as to work with us. You can see energy, right? Like how you saw Elder's lingering power after he wrote in the floor yesterday... Can you differentiate, tell apart, the energy signals given off by two bodies if they're very close together? Or, say, one inside the other? The Colonel believes a Kaiju may be smuggling the hunters out, or at least temporarily hiding them, inside them, either in the stomach, crop, or mouth. Somewhere like that. Do you think you might be able to spot the humans inside from their energy if we get the kaiju to walk past you?' he asks, making sure to stay calm and to keep his voice even in an attempt to soothe the angry feline.

~~~~~~~~
"Watch my step. That a joke?" Ronan asks with a grin, glancing down at his flippers as he floats in the water by the platform.
"Want me to Shift back down? Also this place is NUTS! How long have you known about this? How did I not know about it?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by DdeeStar »

Pretending not to have seen Mist's pleased smile, Tigress holds her frosty demeanor, scowling off to the side as the doctor begins to speak. As he had hoped, his steady tone and seemingly actionable words slowly lull the headstrong anger from her stance, with her gaze (needlessly) drifting back to him before the end of his question. It was hard to hold her fury when she wasn't willing to use it against him yet. He'd been the most helpful of the uniforms. While her stance remains guarded, her mood has fallen to one of mild irritation, idly kneading her claws into her biceps. The question isn't one she can easily answer.
"It - Well, kind of? I..." With a huff she shakes her head. "No. Yes, I - " Bringing a hand to her face, she snarls and brushes across her eyes. "Fieldsight isn't sight. It's everything at once. So no, I can't see through most things. Kaiju life pools are really bright, especially when they're disguised. And it's not like I've done this before. Yaksas energy doesn't work right with a lot of the things or people here, which is why they're bad." Her remark ends on heavy emphasis, her annoyance easily fueled by the thought of Crater City. It winds back down as she continues. "But if there's a person... actually inside - " A note of disgust, almost disbelief, causes pause. "I think so. I know his scent. I've heard his heart beating." The warrior muses softly to herself. "And if it means I get to him first - yeah! Yeah, I can find them!" A confident smirk finally takes hold, her whole body turned towards the Colonel and tensed for the order.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Deske »

Gregg hung up the call and checked his voicemail as soon as he heard the beep and read the caller ID. He quickly sent a message to his boss and locked up the shop. He stepped into the back room and opened a portal to a rather unobserved alleyway near the headquarters that he'd passed by while wandering around yesterday. Stepping through, Gregg made his way quickly to the front doors of the building and walked inside. He looked around for a few seconds before spotting the group that he'd met yesterday and heading over to join the conversation.
"Good morning Ma'am, Sir," he said to the Colonel and the Doctor, respectively.
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:02 pm "I see." the Mayor of Crater City responded. "However, your beliefs might not matter soon. The bill to create a registry is already going through state legislation. We expect it will pass. You can either register on your own, or you will be made to register within the month. Think on that for a while."
"Yes, I do know of the bill you speak of and, yes, I do know where it is currently." Mordecai responded, though not in anger as one would've assumed he would, "However, I don't believe it will pass in it's current form nor do I think it will pass at all and I can explain why." Stepping over to his right, he opened up his briefcase and pulled out a few select documents, then closed the case and stepped back over to the podium. "A little while back, before I arrived here, I was sent a copy of this bill by the state as it pertained to my people and kaijus alike. The Thunder Bay Council, myself, and a few key members in our position and higher (human, zoomorph, and kaiju) looked it over fully and carefully and realized that, while it had our best interests in mind, it as only beneficial to those wanting to exhort control over kaijus and treat them as cattle, like rounding them up in the guise of a 'registry', and weapons for wartime. The bill also gave power to certain individuals to do as they please with various municipal districts, such as to absorb them into their own and/or replace it with whatever they desire. To say none of us agreed with what the bill entailed, would be putting it lightly." He adjusted the papers on the podium a bit, "As such, myself, the members of the Thunder Bay Council, and various others in similar positions to ours, from mayors to various State Legislators, have worked to create a bill that, as we speak, is currently being discussed along side this bill with select representatives I mentioned earlier. The bill aims to end the kaiju registry and, instead, replace it with a system that is not only more beneficial to not only kaijus, but zoomorphs and humans alike, and would also prevent the misuse of power in any way/shape/form from elected individuals in the state."

Finishing up, he then snapped his fingers and chuckled, "Ah, just one more thing. The representatives, in particular a small select group, were also there for another reason," his said with a slight smile as he pulled another set of documents from his briefcase, "You see, thanks to a few incidents and individuals who came forth, this group was aiding with a special investigation into some higher-ups and they uncovered them doing things they shouldn't be doing like taking and offering bribes, threatening various businesses and towns, and other rather nasty schemes, not the least of which includes blatant racism towards various races and species." His tone soon became rather serious as he continued, "There were also reports, that were confirmed, of these individuals conspiring to kill select people, including a few kaijus who held power in this state's government whose lives were at risk multiple times already, especially a very recent incident that cemented the facts for the investigation." Looking to his right, Mordecai motioned over a few of the security guards, who were watching over the proceedings, and handed one of them the second set of documents, "On request of our state legislators and governor and due to the findings in their investigations, not the least of which being the attempted murder of certain individuals," he began, "The Mayor of Crater City, along with the members of the Crater City Council listed in the document, have been asked to step down and vacate their positions immediately and await trial for their actions."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:37 am "Well, these things do happen," Julian told the driver politely, looking for things to talk about. He was, however, genuinely interested. "So, what's the perks of working a cafe on a military base?"
"Safety, for one thing." the eagle laughed. "Ain't many people fool enough to hold up a store in a town where everyone's trained in combat and half of them have superpowers. It's also one of the safest places for my daughter. While every Kaiju's got themselves a target on their back put there by scared ignorant folk to put it nicely, her species of Kaiju got targeted for their abilities. It's good for her to be in a place with other Kaiju, and where she can feel safe."

-------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:52 am Tigress's glare swings off of the passing group as Heather's voice addresses her directly. Her eyes gradually widen to shock as she stands in the open doorway behind this rebuilt team, bewildered at both the honesty and the complete betrayal managed in the same explanation. As she finally manages to regain herself, she regains not her composure but rather a familiar white-flame rage barely contained in the grit fangs and tensed claws. "So let me get this straight. One of your lackeys let free the <^^|^^> that tried to murder my son in cold blood, and WHAT, his FRIENDS, too? And you BROUGHT HIM HERE to deal with that?"
"I did not bring Mist here to look for the hunters." Heather said calmly. "However, because the KDF now finds itself in a position where half of our people are under lockdown, we need Mist, as well as any other new recruits and people who have already been cleared to help with anything that arises outside. Your son is now one of the select few people who can come and go from the base. Anyone who was on site when the hunters went missing are barred from leaving until the hunters are found. So I repeat: Your son will not be looking for the hunters or trying to get them back into custody. We're just short-staffed now and need help with other things."
Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:08 am As the Colonel returns the salute, Ted drops his paw and relaxes into the at-ease position. He frowns at the order.
"I appreciate the trust but that's easier said than done, Colonel. The obvious way to check would be with x-rays but anything strong enough to penetrate clean through a full-size kaiju would fry any human hidden inside... I could try healing, see if I can detect if I'm healing multiple bodies or just one, but without knowing what injuries there might be that would be risky. Hmm..." The hare pauses as his eyes alight on Tigress. "I might have an idea, actually, Colonel."
"It all depends on the intent." Heather said, grimly. "If the intent is to smuggle the hunters out, you'll be looking for bruises, broken bones, sprains, things you might find on someone who's fallen or who's been tossed around an unsecured area." Her voice got dark quick after that. "The other situation is the intent is to dispose of them as loose ends. In that case... There likely won't be all that much to find. Maybe severe chemical burns, oxygen deprivation, or poison gas inhalation if we're lucky. Kaiju are massive beings with powerful bodies capable of metabolizing concrete and steel. Some have internal temperatures reaching thousands of degrees, some are basically living nuclear reactors... I've encountered Kaiju hitmen in the past. They're effective at making targets vanish without a trace, and like human hitmen they rarely have a speck of conscience or reservation about eliminating a target in a way that leaves no trace. It's disgusting to us, but we actually care about what's right and wrong."
DdeeStar wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:20 pm Pretending not to have seen Mist's pleased smile, Tigress holds her frosty demeanor, scowling off to the side as the doctor begins to speak. As he had hoped, his steady tone and seemingly actionable words slowly lull the headstrong anger from her stance, with her gaze (needlessly) drifting back to him before the end of his question. It was hard to hold her fury when she wasn't willing to use it against him yet. He'd been the most helpful of the uniforms. While her stance remains guarded, her mood has fallen to one of mild irritation, idly kneading her claws into her biceps. The question isn't one she can easily answer.
"It - Well, kind of? I..." With a huff she shakes her head. "No. Yes, I - " Bringing a hand to her face, she snarls and brushes across her eyes. "Fieldsight isn't sight. It's everything at once. So no, I can't see through most things. Kaiju life pools are really bright, especially when they're disguised. And it's not like I've done this before. Yaksas energy doesn't work right with a lot of the things or people here, which is why they're bad." Her remark ends on heavy emphasis, her annoyance easily fueled by the thought of Crater City. It winds back down as she continues. "But if there's a person... actually inside - " A note of disgust, almost disbelief, causes pause. "I think so. I know his scent. I've heard his heart beating." The warrior muses softly to herself. "And if it means I get to him first - yeah! Yeah, I can find them!" A confident smirk finally takes hold, her whole body turned towards the Colonel and tensed for the order.
"That would be excellent." Heather nodded, rubbing her chin in thought. "Naturally, being human, I didn't think of trying to locate them by scent. Or by attempting to detect multiple heartbeats. But both of those could very well work."

She looked up at Ted and addressed him. "Major, the prime suspects are in the interrogation rooms. Could you take Tigress through there and see if she picks up on any scents. Might take a stethoscope with you too to see if you can pick up on multiple heartbeats."
Deske wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:26 pm Gregg hung up the call and checked his voicemail as soon as he heard the beep and read the caller ID. He quickly sent a message to his boss and locked up the shop. He stepped into the back room and opened a portal to a rather unobserved alleyway near the headquarters that he'd passed by while wandering around yesterday. Stepping through, Gregg made his way quickly to the front doors of the building and walked inside. He looked around for a few seconds before spotting the group that he'd met yesterday and heading over to join the conversation.
"Good morning Ma'am, Sir," he said to the Colonel and the Doctor, respectively.
"Technically you're supposed to salute your commanding officers, but we have more important things to deal with right now." Heather said, turning to address Gregg as he entered the lobby. "let me quickly get you up to speed. Three hunters we had here for questioning vanished. They weren't picked up by any cameras, any microphones, any security whatsoever. They've vanished without a trace. My current theory is they were either disposed of or are being smuggled out by someone who works in Headquarters. Likely a Kaiju as a human or Zoomorph would have a much harder time hiding three people from cameras and surveillance."

-------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:08 am "Watch my step. That a joke?" Ronan asks with a grin, glancing down at his flippers as he floats in the water by the platform.
"Want me to Shift back down? Also this place is NUTS! How long have you known about this? How did I not know about it?"
"No need to shift. This place was clearly built for people our size." Wildfire said, walking deeper into the halls of the meteor interior. "I discovered this place as a kid, when I first tried to see how deep I could dive in the bay. I wanted to mark where I got to with some plants from my Nature's fire, but when the flames hit the stone it opened up." the dragon explained. He waited for Ronan to follow him deeper into the meteor. "As for how long this place has been here... I don't know. But given how large it is and how much of the meteor it covers, and some references to the elder Kaiju I've seen in here... I think it might actually be as old as the meteor. I think this place was inside the meteor forever. Ever since the thing hit and created Crater Bay thousands of years ago."

-------------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:05 pm "Yes, I do know of the bill you speak of and, yes, I do know where it is currently." Mordecai responded, though not in anger as one would've assumed he would, "However, I don't believe it will pass in it's current form nor do I think it will pass at all and I can explain why." Stepping over to his right, he opened up his briefcase and pulled out a few select documents, then closed the case and stepped back over to the podium. "A little while back, before I arrived here, I was sent a copy of this bill by the state as it pertained to my people and kaijus alike. The Thunder Bay Council, myself, and a few key members in our position and higher (human, zoomorph, and kaiju) looked it over fully and carefully and realized that, while it had our best interests in mind, it as only beneficial to those wanting to exhort control over kaijus and treat them as cattle, like rounding them up in the guise of a 'registry', and weapons for wartime. The bill also gave power to certain individuals to do as they please with various municipal districts, such as to absorb them into their own and/or replace it with whatever they desire. To say none of us agreed with what the bill entailed, would be putting it lightly." He adjusted the papers on the podium a bit, "As such, myself, the members of the Thunder Bay Council, and various others in similar positions to ours, from mayors to various State Legislators, have worked to create a bill that, as we speak, is currently being discussed along side this bill with select representatives I mentioned earlier. The bill aims to end the kaiju registry and, instead, replace it with a system that is not only more beneficial to not only kaijus, but zoomorphs and humans alike, and would also prevent the misuse of power in any way/shape/form from elected individuals in the state."

Finishing up, he then snapped his fingers and chuckled, "Ah, just one more thing. The representatives, in particular a small select group, were also there for another reason," his said with a slight smile as he pulled another set of documents from his briefcase, "You see, thanks to a few incidents and individuals who came forth, this group was aiding with a special investigation into some higher-ups and they uncovered them doing things they shouldn't be doing like taking and offering bribes, threatening various businesses and towns, and other rather nasty schemes, not the least of which includes blatant racism towards various races and species." His tone soon became rather serious as he continued, "There were also reports, that were confirmed, of these individuals conspiring to kill select people, including a few kaijus who held power in this state's government whose lives were at risk multiple times already, especially a very recent incident that cemented the facts for the investigation." Looking to his right, Mordecai motioned over a few of the security guards, who were watching over the proceedings, and handed one of them the second set of documents, "On request of our state legislators and governor and due to the findings in their investigations, not the least of which being the attempted murder of certain individuals," he began, "The Mayor of Crater City, along with the members of the Crater City Council listed in the document, have been asked to step down and vacate their positions immediately and await trial for their actions."
The mayor smirked. "If public servants and elected representatives retired every time some lunatic attacked someone on the streets, there'd be a new mayor every day." he said. "We will not be resigning. And while I am sure you have the support of a great deal of Kaiju... Kaiju are only 1% of the population, and polls show nearly 75% of non-Kaiju have some level of concern about the damage and danger posed by Kaiju rampages, and I have a feeling that number will only rise in the days before the vote. You'll have a hard time gaining the support needed to reverse the bill, especially if yours is going to lower the amount of accountability Kaiju face."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Deske »

"Ah, well, nobody really gave me the handout for this. Anyway, if they could get past all that security, why would they stick around instead of just depositing the hunters wherever their destination is, be it death or escape, and then return?" He shrugs, "Either way, I'm sure you have a plan, so how can I help?"
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I suppose safety's always an issue," Julian said, hiding the fact that he rarely thought of 'safety' and 'Kaiju' in the same sentence. "I kinda had it by keeping myself to myself. But that's something that's done with now." He chuckled bitterly. "Going public with no disguise. If my parents could see me now."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:22 pm The mayor smirked. "If public servants and elected representatives retired every time some lunatic attacked someone on the streets, there'd be a new mayor every day." he said. "We will not be resigning. And while I am sure you have the support of a great deal of Kaiju... Kaiju are only 1% of the population, and polls show nearly 75% of non-Kaiju have some level of concern about the damage and danger posed by Kaiju rampages, and I have a feeling that number will only rise in the days before the vote. You'll have a hard time gaining the support needed to reverse the bill, especially if yours is going to lower the amount of accountability Kaiju face."
Mordecai nodded, shrugging his shoulders as he returned the papers to his briefcase. "It appears, yet again, we are at an impasse. You won't comply to the given orders nor will I register at this time. You believe this registry bill will go through and I believe the registry bill I optioned will go through." he said frankly while locking the case shut. "So, seeing as you're going to stick to your beliefs and I to mine? We have no further reason for any future meetings for the time being." With case in hand, he bowed his head, bided them adieu, and left the chambers for the main lobby. He of course was disappointed that the meeting went nowhere, once again, but he was now used to it. Barring a select few, Crater City, to him, seemed to be ran by those more interested in keeping their fat bellies filled with luxuries and caring more for those with gold in their soul and a checkbook for a heart. Stepping outside the building, he hailed for a nearby taxi and got in, telling the driver to head for The Silver Dragon; one of Crater City's finest restaurants. After eating mostly fast food, he needed some fine dining in his stomach. As the taxi pulled away, Mordecai thought back to the meeting and sighed. "After talking to that council, I guess it's true what they say." The taxi driver looked up from the road briefly as Mordecai spoke. "In the land of the pigs? The butcher is king." The driver chuckled as he drove Mordecai to his destination, arriving in decent time, thanks to traffic not being that bad today. Once again, Mordecai paid the cabby and gave a good tip before heading into the Silver Dragon, ready for a decent meal with no interruptions, especially from fellow kaijus.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Krytus The Dreamer
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:09 am
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

Richter stared at the piece of the broken device in his claws as he used his free claw to adjust the tank top and shorts he was provided. "How do these humans and Zoomorphs handle wearing clothes all the time? It's so weird. Then again I am a guest here so I guess I've got to follow their customs here. I mean I already broke something important... I think..."

He hated to admit that he only had it for half a day and he had already broken it by pressing too hard, and after the nice human set the thing to remind him to come back. At least that's what he remembered when he was given the device there were a lot of things mentioned to him in quick succession it was hard to keep it all straight. Honestly, the one thing he could remember was to be back at the building by eight sharp.

The dark green alligator scratched his head as he stared at the sun above him. He didn't know what eight sharp meant but it sounded early. He then shrugged and continued walking, no point in worrying about it now. After flashing the strange square they gave him yesterday the guards let him pass through the automatic doors.

"I'm never gonna get tired of that." Richter mused as he was greeted by the chilly Airconditioned environment of the building.
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:22 pm "Technically you're supposed to salute your commanding officers, but we have more important things to deal with right now." Heather said, turning to address Gregg as he entered the lobby. "let me quickly get you up to speed. Three hunters we had here for questioning vanished. They weren't picked up by any cameras, any microphones, any security whatsoever. They've vanished without a trace. My current theory is they were either disposed of or are being smuggled out by someone who works in Headquarters. Likely a Kaiju as a human or Zoomorph would have a much harder time hiding three people from cameras and surveillance."
"Oh," Richter chuckled, "it's like the game the humans play... what's it called again...?" the black scaled alligator knocked his head to try and get the answer to come back to him. "oh! Hide and seek! It sounds like fun but I've never gotten the chance to play! Can I join in?"

Richter continued to smile obliviously unaware of the situation around him.
Last edited by Krytus The Dreamer on Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by DdeeStar »

Tigress waits semi-patiently as the Colonel and the doctor confer on his idea, only giving a slight laugh of surprise as the line on right and wrong breaks through her actively-maintained idleness. She listens to Heather's response to her outrage with open irritation but doesn't give an actual answer more than a soft growl directed towards Mist, who smiles and shrugs in response.
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:22 pm "That would be excellent." Heather nodded, rubbing her chin in thought. "Naturally, being human, I didn't think of trying to locate them by scent. Or by attempting to detect multiple heartbeats. But both of those could very well work."

She looked up at Ted and addressed him. "Major, the prime suspects are in the interrogation rooms. Could you take Tigress through there and see if she picks up on any scents. Might take a stethoscope with you too to see if you can pick up on multiple heartbeats."
There's a quick moment of confusion as Heather agrees with her assertion, but she quickly covers it with a determined nod. Her right hand tenses briefly as she attempts to channel yesterday's Power energy through her hand, only to relax it completely unchanged. She hadn't expected the charge to last, but it would have been nice to have. "Then w-" She begins, completely drawn from the response as she notices Mist beginning to speak.
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:33 am [...] The black alligator scratched his head as he stared at the sun above him. He didn't know what eight sharp meant but it sounded early. He then shrugged and continued walking, no point in worrying about it now. After flashing the strange square they gave him yesterday the guards let him pass through the automatic doors.

"I'm never gonna get tired of that." Richter mused as he was greeted by the chilly Airconditioned environment of the building. [...]
The realization hits both cats at the same time, though the general awareness had hit Mist from the moment Richter approached the doors. His hand stops mid-wave, his greeting cut into a short "H-" as he quickly abandons that approach and lunges to gain distance. His relatively graceful recovery, faking a sneeze, is made far less subtle by Tigress grabbing him by the arm and pulling him behind her. She fixes the newcomer with a steeled glare and clear scowl. Mist's squeak of pain from being moved by his new wound is mostly silent, slowly leaning to peer from behind his mother, whose attention only briefly regards the two authorities for a response.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Krytus The Dreamer
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:09 am
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

DdeeStar wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:38 pm [...]His hand stops mid-wave, his greeting cut into a short "H-" as he quickly abandons that approach and lunges to gain distance. His relatively graceful recovery, faking a sneeze, is made far less subtle by Tigress grabbing him by the arm and pulling him behind her. She fixes the newcomer with a steeled glare and clear scowl. Mist's squeak of pain from being moved by his new wound is mostly silent, slowly leaning to peer from behind his mother, whose attention only briefly regards the two authorities for a response.
At first Richter didn't notice the two felines, he was too focused on the supposed game of hide and seek. However, his body gave a visible twitch at the two's fancy footwork which made him instantly forget about the game and rush over the two, completely oblivious to the glare and scowl. He was too excited about the weird sensation he felt.

"That's amazing!" he cried excitedly, "I almost didn't feel your footsteps, either I've been away from the caverns for too long or you're both really graceful. OH! Speaking of the caverns."

The alligator dug through his new pockets and frowned when he only pulled out a chunk of crystal topaz the size of his palm. "This is all I've got left? I knew I should've brought more, but I guess nothing screams Kaiju more than lugging around a giant crystal. I could always go back but my stash's about half a day's worth of burrowing away. Oh well."

He effortlessly snapped the Topaz crystal in half and offered it to the two "I'm new around here. I look forward to working with you!"
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by SeanWolf »

The feline hostess lead Mordecai to his table, handing him a extensive menu once he was situated before leaving. As it was the lunch hour, the Silver Dragon was fairly busy, though there was still a sense of calmness permeating throughout. Such a peaceful place, Mordecai thought as he perused the menu's selection of haute cuisine and fine wines. A waiter soon came to his table. "Hello, sir, my name is Walter and I'll be your waiter this afternoon." The well-dressed waiter began, pouring Mordecai a glass of water. “May I offer you a cocktail, aperitif or beverage to start you off?" Mordecai looked up at the gentleman, "Yes, please, I like to start off with a glass of your finest champagne." The waiter nodded and, in after a few minutes, returned with the sommelier who brought along his requested drink. "This is one of our finest champagnes, sir." the sommelier said eloquently. Mordecai smiled and nodded, the sommelier then proceeding to pour his drink as Mordecai told the waiter what he was having that afternoon, the main course being a medium rare steak. The waiter nodded, accepting the menu back, and left to place his order, Mordecai sipping his wine and enjoying a slice of bread from the nearby basket.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14404
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ted salutes the colonel.
"Follow me, Tigress." he instructs, leading the way.
"Remember though. We need them alive. Both the Kaiju AND the hunters, if possible. We still have questions for them." he cautions her as they walk through the corridors. He detours briefly through his office to grab his medical bag and then leads Tigress to the observation room which is separated from the interrogation room by a one-way window, allowing them to observe the suspects without being seen.
"Can you see anything from here? Or will we need to go in with them?"

~~~~~~~~
"That's not... Quite what I was getting at... Whatever." Ronan grumbles. He heaves himself out of the water and follows Wildfire, shuffling slowly on his flippers like something between a seal and a sea turtle.
"Huh. You mean your fire works under water? That's interesting. You must provide it with oxygen somehow."
The kelpie stops and tilts his head as he registers the rest of Wildfire's words.
"Wait. References to elder Kaiju? You mean other Kaiju have been in here? This is no ordinary meteorite, is it? How have the scientists not discovered all this?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:42 am "That's not... Quite what I was getting at... Whatever." Ronan grumbles. He heaves himself out of the water and follows Wildfire, shuffling slowly on his flippers like something between a seal and a sea turtle.
"Huh. You mean your fire works under water? That's interesting. You must provide it with oxygen somehow."
The kelpie stops and tilts his head as he registers the rest of Wildfire's words.
"Wait. References to elder Kaiju? You mean other Kaiju have been in here? This is no ordinary meteorite, is it? How have the scientists not discovered all this?"
"I'm sorry, Ryan. You won't be able to properly move around here in disguised form, and we would have a harder time speaking. And Nature's Fire isn't exactly fire. It's not a combustion, it's more just... unrefined life." Wildfire said. He continued down the corridor straight into a large room filled with Kaiju-sized equipment. In the center of the room was a large table with a grid on top. He tapped the table top with a claw, and the entire table lit up. the top lifted up in places and descended in others until it had formed a 3D topographical map of the Crater City area centered around where the meteor should be, though the meteor itself was not shown on the map. In it's place was a strange symbol that even Wildfire didn't really understand.

White lights lit up all across the surface of the map, with two of them appearing under the symbol in the center, though one of the lights was so bright it nearly engulfed the other. A few of the lights were brighter than others, and some were almost too faint to see. Most of the brightest lights, including one that was essentially a pillar of light, were in a single spot near the top of a mountain in the East.

"This seems to be some kind of Recon or Security map. I've figured out that it shows biological energy in the immediate area. Brighter lights mean more energy. A little similar to the Kaiju ability known as Fieldsight, if I understand it correctly, but certainly beyond anything the US military currently has. That bright light there..." Wildfire pointed to the pillar of light on the mountain, "Is from my best guess an Elder Kaiju. Specifically Elder, aka Cthulhu, given he's in KDF headquarters right now trying to figure out the situation with the hunters."

Wildfire sat on the ground and considered the map. "I don't know how nobody has found this place. But so far, only Nature's Fire opens the door. I've tried other ways. Prying it open, hitting it with electricity, asking other Kaiju to try their powers... Nothing. Only the green flame opens it. Not even my other powers will do. I guess that's why nobody else has found it. Even if someone found the door, they couldn't open it."

---------------------------------------
Deske wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:16 am "Ah, well, nobody really gave me the handout for this. Anyway, if they could get past all that security, why would they stick around instead of just depositing the hunters wherever their destination is, be it death or escape, and then return?" He shrugs, "Either way, I'm sure you have a plan, so how can I help?"
"We think they never got out of the building. And they wouldn't have snuck past security. We've tested it on all the different stealth-related Kaiju powers. The only way they got in is if security let them in, which they'd only do if the person works here." Heather said grimly. "I suspected we had a mole after the encounter with the hunters yesterday. Now we need to find them. I don't suppose you'd be able to generate a portal inside of a disguised Kaiju who's anatomy you no nothing about? If not, then I need you on standby. Because HQ is locked down, we're short-staffed."
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:29 pm At first Richter didn't notice the two felines, he was too focused on the supposed game of hide and seek. However, his body gave a visible twitch at the two's fancy footwork which made him instantly forget about the game and rush over the two, completely oblivious to the glare and scowl. He was too excited about the weird sensation he felt.

"That's amazing!" he cried excitedly, "I almost didn't feel your footsteps, either I've been away from the caverns for too long or you're both really graceful. OH! Speaking of the caverns."

The alligator dug through his new pockets and frowned when he only pulled out a chunk of crystal topaz the size of his palm. "This is all I've got left? I knew I should've brought more, but I guess nothing screams Kaiju more than lugging around a giant crystal. I could always go back but my stash's about half a day's worth of burrowing away. Oh well."

He effortlessly snapped the Topaz crystal in half and offered it to the two "I'm new around here. I look forward to working with you!"
"You must be the Zorah Magdaros. Richter, right?" Heather walked up to the alligator. "Unfortunately, it's something of a bad time. The Headquarters is in lockdown and I'm too busy to help you with orientation. I will be happy to assist once the lockdown is lifted, but until then, feel free to... I don't know. Explore the town, or introduce yourself to the others."

---------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:12 pm "I suppose safety's always an issue," Julian said, hiding the fact that he rarely thought of 'safety' and 'Kaiju' in the same sentence. "I kinda had it by keeping myself to myself. But that's something that's done with now." He chuckled bitterly. "Going public with no disguise. If my parents could see me now."
"Oh!" the Cafe owner said, reaching into his glove box and pulling out a cardboard box. "The Colonel told me to give this to you. When Colossi shift, their clothes and items shift with them. Useful ability, but you also look like yourselves in Kaiju form. So she thought this might be helpful."

Inside of the box was a mask wrapped in bubble wrap (will leave the appearance of the mask up to you) as well as a KDF ID with "Dove" written in the Callsign. Also in the box was a bag of various items that looked like search-and-rescue equipment for rescuing hamsters given how small it was.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Krytus The Dreamer
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:09 am
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:42 am Ted salutes the colonel.
"Follow me, Tigress." he instructs, leading the way.
"Remember though. We need them alive. Both the Kaiju AND the hunters, if possible. We still have questions for them." he cautions her as they walk through the corridors. He detours briefly through his office to grab his medical bag and then leads Tigress to the observation room ...
Disappointed that one of the two Felines was led away, Richter pocketed both crystals resolving to give it to them later when the game was over.

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:34 pm "You must be the Zorah Magdaros. Richter, right?" Heather walked up to the alligator. "Unfortunately, it's something of a bad time. The Headquarters is in lockdown and I'm too busy to help you with orientation. I will be happy to assist once the lockdown is lifted, but until then, feel free to... I don't know. Explore the town, or introduce yourself to the others."
"That's me." Richter smiled widely, "No worries, but I can definitely play along! I've got this thing... uh... what did the doctor call it again? "Say-su" no, "Sazu" that's not right. Whatever it is, I can detect where people are based on vibrations I send through the earth and anything connected to it. Oh, Seismic Sense! That's what he called it. Watch!"

First Richter gave the floor a tentative tap with his tail to see if it was sturdy enough. Sensing some weakness in the flooring, Richter moved to a more stable spot. Once he gave the location another tentative tap and found it was sturdy enough, Richter lifted his foot and delivered a mighty stomp that rattled anything not bolted down. Richter's attention was solely focused on the vibrations bouncing off of people and objects, even reaching some of the higher floors.
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ooh," Julian cooed, with something akin to enthusiasm, "gifts!" He took the ice blue and white mask out and tried it on. It was a whole 'top half' mask with ear holes that covered the top half of his muzzle upwards and clipped around his throat to secure itself. (The muzzle section of the mask was slightly weighted to hold it in place better.) "How'd I look," he asked after checking himself in the passenger mirror.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Deske »

Gregg nodded along as the Colonel spoke, "Okay, makes sense, I think." He was quiet for a moment before speaking up again, "I don't know if they work that way. Honestly there's a lot I haven't tried with them, so I don't know all the in's and out's of their effects." He shrugs, "I could try it, but I don't really-" Gregg stops as another idea comes to mind, "They aren't 3-dimensional so I don't think there'd be a way for the rest of their body to connect with what went through the portal. I'm gonna have to figure this out one day, but for now I don't think this is a good time. Sorry Ma'am, if you give me a location once you find them I can get over or in there."
Last edited by Deske on Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by DdeeStar »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:29 pm At first Richter didn't notice the two felines, he was too focused on the supposed game of hide and seek. However, his body gave a visible twitch at the two's fancy footwork which made him instantly forget about the game and rush over the two, completely oblivious to the glare and scowl. He was too excited about the weird sensation he felt. [...]
The silent glare devolves into a low growl, with Mist's reaction being a brief hiss of surprise as he hides completely back behind his mother. She stands her ground though.
Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:29 pm [...]"That's amazing!" he cried excitedly, "I almost didn't feel your footsteps, either I've been away from the caverns for too long or you're both really graceful. OH! Speaking of the caverns."

The alligator dug through his new pockets and frowned when he only pulled out a chunk of crystal topaz the size of his palm. "This is all I've got left? I knew I should've brought more, but I guess nothing screams Kaiju more than lugging around a giant crystal. I could always go back but my stash's about half a day's worth of burrowing away. Oh well."

He effortlessly snapped the Topaz crystal in half and offered it to the two "I'm new around here. I look forward to working with you!"
A moment of ambient growling passes before Mist peeks back out, crouched down so he has to look even farther up to acknowledge the alligator - though that's not what he's doing. A quiet curiosity is focused on the cracked gem, leading him to slowly move to a defensive stance rather than a pounce-ready squat. He gradually leans closer, sneaking glances up at Richter as he tried to anticipate the trap's snap, but he doesn't even pass Tigress before she forcefully moves him back behind her. She makes no movement for the gem, simply staring him down with her fangs slightly bared.
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:42 am Ted salutes the colonel.
"Follow me, Tigress." he instructs, leading the way.[...]
She finally stops once Ted speaks, initially following without a word, but once she notices Mist still fascinated with the newcomer and his shiny trinket she grabs his wrist and pulls him along, eliciting a quick squeak of surprise as he's snatched from his daze.
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:42 am [...]"Remember though. We need them alive. Both the Kaiju AND the hunters, if possible. We still have questions for them." he cautions her as they walk through the corridors. He detours briefly through his office to grab his medical bag and then leads Tigress to the observation room which is separated from the interrogation room by a one-way window, allowing them to observe the suspects without being seen.
"Can you see anything from here? Or will we need to go in with them?"
"Well, accidents happen." Is her noncommittal grunt of a response to the first remark. Being mostly blind to the uniform rooms and hallways, she immediately follows the doctor into his office, corrected quickly with hushed whispers between the cats. Once they finally arrive, she takes a central spot on the window, standing there for only a moment before leaning completely against it and squinting as she tries to gain any sort of awareness on the other side. Mist stands by the door awkwardly, glancing back into the hallway as she replies "In. I need to go in."
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Krytus The Dreamer
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:09 am
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

Once Mark was handed a menu and seated he adjusted the collar of his long-sleeve button-up shirt. Having to hide his body armor under loose clothing was always a challenge but nothing an XL Shirt couldn't fix. Still having effectively multiple layers of clothing would be stuffy to anybody especially somebody with fur.

"Mango smoothie please, as cold as you can make it." Mark panted as the waiter took his order. "I'll be skipping the meal, can I just have a slice of cheesecake?"

The drink was because it was hot, but the cake was for appearances. He needed to blend in if he was going to do his job. Mark made sure the backpack containing his gear was easily accessible as he watched the crowd. Anybody who went in and out of the dining area, the staff, the guests, and Mark watched them all carefully just in case they were going to try anything. However, Mark also paid special attention to the Clydesdale Horse sipping champagne but tried not to be conspicuous. The Silver Dragon's atmosphere may be calm but it could also be a trap. Any one of these people could be hunters in disguise. He'd seen it multiple times before.

For an operation like this, Mark would've liked to have some backup watching the outside but since The K.D.F. is currently on lockdown and he's one of the agents that managed to be outside before it happened he was one of the few who could take on this mission. His mission: Bodyguard the V.I.P. Kaiju Mordecai.
User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by SeanWolf »

The waiter soon returned with Mordecai's meal. Consisting of a three large juicy filet mignons (medium rare), a bowl of french onion soup, a side order of onion rings, another side of chili, and a bowl of steamed vegetables. The smell emanating from the filet mignons was almost heavenly, like it came from Valhalla itself, as the juices flowed from each piece onto the plate. He took the fork and pierced the meat's skin, carefully cutting a piece off for his consumption. Firm, but with little give. Yep, this is medium rare perfection. He placed the piece into his mouth and began chewing, nodding with a smile as he tasted the perfection. The fact he was finally able to enjoy a meal in solidarity without anger or any kaiju there was enough to bring the sunshine back on his, so far, dreary visit to this city. Not even the prior events of the day was enough to sour the taste of this meal. "Excuse me, Mr. Tal'Set?" He looked up from his meal at the waiter. "I'm sorry to disturb you, but there is a gentleman over here who wants to speak with you." Glancing over near the entrance, Mordecai smiled and allowed the waiter to bring the gentleman over to him.

"Hope I'm not interrupting your lunch, Mordecai." The gentleman said as both he and Mordecai shook each other hands, Mordecai replying back, "No worries, I'm pretty much used to it in this city by now." The gentleman, a silver fox aide to a mayor friend of his by the name of Edward Nero, nodded and took the seat across from Mordecai as he continued on with his meal. "So, how did the meeting go?" Edward inquired as he helped himself to the bread basket. Mordecai, filet mignon in mouth, rolled his eyes. "Not well, unfortunately." He shook his head, Edward sighing as he rubbed his eyes. "They're still holding firm that this bill will pass the vote, even passing off some threats towards me in the process." Edward took a bite out of his bread. "Well, that probably won't happen for a while. Last I heard, they're not going to vote on either bill until either later this month or next month."
"Really?"
"Yeah. Both The Kaiju Registration Bill and The Human/Kaiju Equality Bill have their fair share of supporters and detractors and no one is budging so, as it stands, both bills are frozen, basically." Bit of a relief, Mordecai thought as he took a sip of his soup. "What about the other issue?" Edward inquired. "Did the mayor and those members step down?" Mordecai shook his head. "As we suspected, they're staying on and not complying, though the one council member I did see was panicking slightly. Unless we can really bring the heat on them legally, we're just as stuck as those bills." Edward shrugged. "Well, what can you do? Once some people get a taste of power in their meals, it's like a drug to them. They want a constant supply of it and nothing will stop them, not even anyone higher then them."
"Way of the world, my friend. Way of the world." Edward nodded and stood up, "Well, I gotta get out of here as my driver's out there waiting for me. I'll let you know of any changes. Take care." Mordecai shook his hand and nodded, continuing on with his meal as Edward left the building and, pretty soon, the city itself and headed back for his home city. As Mordecai chewed, he smiled and chuckled as he thought about the two bills current status. Mayor's probably madder than a dragon now. He thought with a chuckle while sipping his wine.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14404
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ronan heaves himself up onto his hind flippers, the better to see the display, and supports himself by placing his front flippers on the table.
"HAH! I KNEW Elder was Cthulhu! He always danced around the question whenever I asked him. Wouldn't give me a straight answer." the kelpie grins.
"So, do you think this can help us find the hunters? It's going to be awfully hard to spot them on here. And that's weird, about the opening. It's almost like it was made specifically for you. Although how they'd know about you millions of years ago I don't know."

~~~~~~~~
Ted nods and motions to the guards to unlock the door and leads the way inside, paw on his holstered pistol. The guards follow him and the cats in, their weapons at the ready.
"RIGHT! ALL OF YOU! UP AGAINST THE WALL! NOW! MOVE MOVE MOVE! FACES AGAINST THE WALL, HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!" he bellows in a voice one would expect from a burly drill sergeant rather than from a person with his lithe frame.
"Tigress, do your thing. Mist, stay back by the door." he orders.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:05 am Ronan heaves himself up onto his hind flippers, the better to see the display, and supports himself by placing his front flippers on the table.
"HAH! I KNEW Elder was Cthulhu! He always danced around the question whenever I asked him. Wouldn't give me a straight answer." the kelpie grins.
"So, do you think this can help us find the hunters? It's going to be awfully hard to spot them on here. And that's weird, about the opening. It's almost like it was made specifically for you. Although how they'd know about you millions of years ago I don't know."
"I might not have been the first Kaiju to have Nature's Fire. It might just have been someone I'm related to. Descended from, maybe." Wildfire considered as he watched the map. "I come down here to think, but yes, I was hoping this map might help figure out where those hunters went-" Wildfire paused abruptly as a light flashed into view on the western side of the map. Wildfire fiddled with some buttons and knobs on the table to center the map over the ocean. Small, dim lights flickered in the sea of darkness, but one was much larger, and much brighter. Glowing like a long, serpentine beacon, something large, powerful, and snake-like was following a small cluster of lights East towards shore. Wildfire had to zoom out to see the entirety of the snake-like anomaly, which expanded for two miles easily.

"A Leviathan..."

The edge of the map flashed again, and Wildfire manipulated the map again to inspect it. A bright pillar of light as large as Elder's was moving through the wilderness to the East, extinguishing the lights of all the trees and wildlife in it's way as it made a beeline for Ciudad Del Sur, South town. "Pestilence too? We need to alert Heather immediately!" He then shifted down to human size to access his phone, though he might as well be the size of a mouse compared to all of the equipment.

---------------------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:05 am Ted nods and motions to the guards to unlock the door and leads the way inside, paw on his holstered pistol. The guards follow him and the cats in, their weapons at the ready.
"RIGHT! ALL OF YOU! UP AGAINST THE WALL! NOW! MOVE MOVE MOVE! FACES AGAINST THE WALL, HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!" he bellows in a voice one would expect from a burly drill sergeant rather than from a person with his lithe frame.
"Tigress, do your thing. Mist, stay back by the door." he orders.
Inside of the room were a number of Kaiju currently in disguised form, all standing against the wall at attention. A large Eastern Imperial eagle, a wild-lookin Dire wolf, a gold-furred fox, and a highly muscular Foxhound. Tigress might not be able to see the hunters' energy, but her keen sense of smell would likely pick up on their scent in the air. Following her nose, Tigress would find the hunters' distinct scent on the Eagle's breath.

---------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:43 am "Ooh," Julian cooed, with something akin to enthusiasm, "gifts!" He took the ice blue and white mask out and tried it on. It was a whole 'top half' mask with ear holes that covered the top half of his muzzle upwards and clipped around his throat to secure itself. (The muzzle section of the mask was slightly weighted to hold it in place better.) "How'd I look," he asked after checking himself in the passenger mirror.
"Like a super hero." The cafe owner laughed as they drove along the crater ridge. Just before the onramp for the freeway, however, the Cafe owner slammed on the breaks and pulled over very suddenly. His expression was deadly serious, like he had just seen a ghost. He got out of the car and looked over the edge of the ridge out west towards the ocean. His eyes narrowed. "I thought I saw..."

After a pause, he ran back to the car and opened the trunk. He pulled out some binoculars, and looked out through them towards the sea. "...My God... That's a Leviathan!"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Krytus The Dreamer
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:09 am
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

As Mark sipped his smoothie like a good customer he continued to pay attention to the customers around him making sure nobody suspicious was about to approach the V.I.P. with ill intent. For the most part, he didn't seem to be in any danger. Though Mark was suspicious when somebody interrupted Mordecai's meal to talk to him, Mark stayed his hand when the Kaiju greeted him warmly.

Mark spent another few minutes enjoying his snacks when his phone started buzzing like crazy. Over the course of his stay in the KDF, Mark had subscribed to several Kaiju-related Social media sites just in case something useful came up. A sighting here, an attempted hunter attack there. However, his latest notification nearly made him choke on his drink causing him to cough out. Multiple pictures of a Leviathan Class Kaiju encroaching on Crater city. As far as he could tell there were very few operatives out and about due to the lockdown so evacuation was the most definitely top priority.

Mark's mind ran a mile a minute thinking about the proper course of action. If he told everybody to remain calm, most, if not all present wouldn't listen. He couldn't lie and say it was a drill either, social media would definitely be ablaze with pictures of the Kaiju incoming by now. He needed somebody who could command a crowd by sheer presence alone. Mark's eyes widened when he remembered who he was guarding.

As discreetly as he could Mark approached Mordecai and flashed his badge. "Sir, I'm sorry to bother your meal yet again but there's an emergency." Mark kept his voice to a whisper to avoid confirming it to anyone here before they had a plan ready. "My name is Otogami Hazemaru. I'm with the KDF I was assigned to bodyguard you in light of the breach in security at HQ. However, I've been notified that a Leviathan has been spotted approaching the city. These people need to evacuate to the nearest shelter, but anything I say might incite a stampede. I was hoping you'd help me in this endeavor."

**********************

As Richter listened to the earth he felt the vibrations of a good portion of those present in the building. However, something threw him off. When he first came to the city a few days ago, Richter was thrown for a loop at how many things caused vibrations in the city. The people, their strange transportation methods, the loud sounds of the iron snake zooming underground, and even the waves caused vibrations. While staggering the city had its rhythm almost like it was alive. Something had staggered that rhythm. Something massive, and not just one thing either. Two massive sources of Vibrations were rocking the local vicinity.

"Something's wrong!" Richter dropped his happy-go-lucky tone and crouched to place his hand on the ground for a better connection. "Something big is coming. No, not something two somethings! One from the ocean and one from the forest. Judging by these vibrations, they're both definitely Kaiju, bigger than me!"
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:05 am Ted nods and motions to the guards to unlock the door and leads the way inside, paw on his holstered pistol. [...]
Simultaneously, the family reacts to the door opening. Tigress has the more violent response as the mass amalgamate of dual Life, Power, and... something else, quickly muffled by the screeching rainbow of Raw energy slam into her. A flashbang would have been more gentle. Her head drops, both arms rising to pin down her ears and cover her eyes as she gives a pained, wordless growl. With a few rapid breaths, she manages to regain a degree of kinesthesia, realizing herself against the roiling white void that now surrounded her, forcing its vast nothingness into her mind's eye. Shakily, she pushes forward, with tentative steps and a still-cradled head as she makes her way into the room.
Mist's reaction is quieter, as a shadow's should be. As far as a casual observer would see, all that occurred was a twitch of his tail. That would say nothing for why his mother suddenly found him fountaining out his Life energy - that would be the sudden panic attack. Even without dedicated Fieldsight, no Auric being is without a sense for masses of energy, they'd merely lack an understanding of what they've sensed. As such, the opening of the door gives him not an overwhelming deluge of information, but a crippling wave of fear. He was terrified of this imminent danger and had no idea what it was, leaving him struggling as his breaths return shallower and shallower. His gaze dances among the strangers urging them into the room, watching Tigress crumble before this invisible force, and he struggles to protest "I-I-I-Pl-Please-"
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:05 am The guards follow him and the cats in, their weapons at the ready.
"RIGHT! ALL OF YOU! UP AGAINST THE WALL! NOW! MOVE MOVE MOVE! FACES AGAINST THE WALL, HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!" he bellows in a voice one would expect from a burly drill sergeant rather than from a person with his lithe frame.
"Tigress, do your thing. Mist, stay back by the door." he orders.
Tigress's forced march leads her into the room unharassed, but Mist's delay forces their hand. Their motions to move in only bring more frightened flinches after the Doctor's shout, and it's not until they move to grab him that he darts into the room, hiding behind the door until they move in and close it, tripping over himself and cowering against the wall as he frantically tries to rationalize his fear. We'retrappedwe'redeaditwasallasetupthey'vegotmomthey'vegotmetheycanteleportIDIDN'TPAYATTENTIONhecould'vedoneanythingtheyknowandthey'vetrappeduswithhimthedoctorwasinonitandItrustedhimandthey'vegotgunsandtheycankilluswe'redeadwe'redeadhowcouldIdothistousweweresafeandtheytriedonceandIstilltrustedthemtheyaskedifIcouldkillhertheyaskedandnowandnowit's-
"MIST!" Tigress barks in Yasal blindly behind her, fighting the endless echo of the six sets of cavernous lungs around her just to hear her own thoughts. "Get your <^^|^^> head on, now." His head snaps up to look at her. She's finally brought her hands down, tensed by her sides as though she were preparing for combat already. She was still completely lost in the room, but she'd adapted enough to at least look like she could look around. Her head scans across the lineup in front of her, seeing nothing and feeling less as she growls "I don't give a <^^> what you think is happening. Take out the <^^|^^> knife and get ready." Her forceful response is enough to give him pause, bringing one arm to rub the tears out of his eyes as the other hand tightens around the grip of the new blade. His thoughts, though far from at rest, were shoved to the back of his mind as she all but confirms his fears. With this unorthodox stability, his disturbance of the ambient fields lessens enough for Tigress to begin to adjust to the cruel overstimulation.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:11 pm [...] A large Eastern Imperial eagle, a wild-lookin Dire wolf, a gold-furred fox, and a highly muscular Foxhound.[...]
She stands silently for a time - an agony of a wait for someone as impatient as her, but she was frozen. She had to be ready for an attack from any direction. In this state, even Mist was dangerous. She hadn't wanted him to have been through a situation as wracking as this, but she'd been left no choice. Finally, vague shapes begin to form. Spotlights pointed at her, backlit by the endless negative space. Bright against brighter, a barely perceptible difference, but the only sign she could use here. Thunderous breaths, thousands of pounds brushing against the sterile tile in deafening silence.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:11 pm Tigress might not be able to see the hunters' energy, but her keen sense of smell would likely pick up on their scent in the air. Following her nose, Tigress would find the hunters' distinct scent on the Eagle's breath.
Refuge. Something nebulous, something inherently unidentifiable. Something mysterious, something dangerous. The taste of blood on her tongue, the rush of adrenaline in her veins. Shadow, buried in Life. She'd found the nothing she was looking for.

"YOU."
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 13440
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Julian, having just taken the mask off, looked over where the owner was looking and sighed. "Here comes the bad type of publicity," he opined. "Best get over there, I suppose. Normally I do what I can to get people away without exposing myself." He put the mask back on again. "Wonder if this'll make it easier to help?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Post Reply