Non-HPU: Crater City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: Non-HPU: Crater City

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:53 am Ryan smiles shyly.
"Thanks. Maybe a little premature but thanks. Not. A. Word. To Ted though. It's gotta be a surprise for him."
"Mum's the word," Mordecai replied, taking a swig of his drink before biting into the pizza once more and looking out at the pool, "That is a nice pool, if I may change topics. How often you guys use it?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:53 am Ryan smiles shyly.
"Thanks. Maybe a little premature but thanks. Not. A. Word. To Ted though. It's gotta be a surprise for him."
"Secret's safe with me, bud." Wildfire said, sitting back down.
SeanWolf wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:11 am "Mum's the word," Mordecai replied, taking a swig of his drink before biting into the pizza once more and looking out at the pool, "That is a nice pool, if I may change topics. How often you guys use it?"
Ryan uses it more often than I do. Wildfire said. "I mostly swim to cool off, and if I tried using that pool to cool off, it would end up boiling away."

----------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:53 am "Wait, it's five thirty already?" Ted asks, sounding surprised as he fishes out his pocket watch.
"Wow. Time flies when you're having fun. I might have to get those reports to you tomorrow instead of tonight, Colonel." he apologises, snapping his watch shut.
"No problem, Ted. Get them to me as soon as you can." Heather said, opening the driver's side door of the truck.
DdeeStar wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:16 pm "Where did you get this?" Mist asks immediately, holding the knife gingerly and as far away as he reasonably can.

The threatening tone vanishes instantly, a slight confusion evident. "The diner. It came with the meal."

"Mom, you- no. You can't just take the silverware, especially a knife. This..." He has to actively avoid looking over at Heather, who certainly wouldn't appreciate the theft. "They should still be open. Just... you know, try not to worry too much. It'll be fine! Just like the tickets that'll be waiting for you." His sly smile and nod towards the car signals the end of the interaction, and though Tigress clearly dislikes it she approaches the car without further distractions, pausing only to grab his cell off the seat and toss it to him. After a quick check it's put in his pocket alongside the steak knife. He gives a quick salute, his ears flicking back as he realizes that he's basically convinced her to abandon him in a town of stranger Kaiju for at least an hour. Immediately he makes to distract himself, looking back to Gregg. "You're heading out too, right? I'm sure you've got designs to work on or something. Saving a stitch in time means not wasting it around here, right?"
Heather was watching discretely and listening to the two talk. As Mist and Greg got close to the truck, Heather reached into the dash and pulled out an object wrapped in leather. She walked around behind Mist and, with surprising dexterity, picked the steak knife from his pocket. "You know..." she started, glancing at Tigress. "The silverware at the diner isn't really supposed to be taken home."

Likely to Mist's surprise, Heather was smiling. "You don't want this thing anyway. It's dull from use, and it doesn't have a sheath. You'll slice your hand open or shred your pants trying to retrieve it." She stowed the steak knife on her belt and handed the leather-wrapped object to Mist instead. "Here. This one's better. Always keep it on you, if you can. They're dead useful, and not just for defense."

If Mist unwrapped the outside, he'd realize that the object was a combat knife in a leather sheath. The leather it was wrapped in appeared to be a sort of belt. The knife itself, once removed from the sheath and observed, was razor sharp at the tip with a serrated edge toward the hilt.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:05 pm Heather was watching discretely and listening to the two talk. As Mist and Greg got close to the truck, Heather reached into the dash and pulled out an object wrapped in leather. She walked around behind Mist and, with surprising dexterity, picked the steak knife from his pocket. "You know..." she started, glancing at Tigress. "The silverware at the diner isn't really supposed to be taken home."
There's a moment of confusion as Tigress's attention snaps over to Heather's voice, the colonel's approach completely hidden behind her son's fields. There's an automatic scowl as she crosses her arms, rolling her eyes as she prepares a defense - only to be corrected before she can respond.

Mist, while completely aware of (and silently unnerved by) Heather's presence, gives no reaction other than an off-tempo twitch of his tail as the blade vanishes effortlessly from his person. His head flicks back in an awkward attempt to face her, but his excuse is cut off in kind.
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:05 pm Likely to Mist's surprise, Heather was smiling. "You don't want this thing anyway. It's dull from use, and it doesn't have a sheath. You'll slice your hand open or shred your pants trying to retrieve it." She stowed the steak knife on her belt and handed the leather-wrapped object to Mist instead. "Here. This one's better. Always keep it on you, if you can. They're dead useful, and not just for defense."

If Mist unwrapped the outside, he'd realize that the object was a combat knife in a leather sheath. The leather it was wrapped in appeared to be a sort of belt. The knife itself, once removed from the sheath and observed, was razor sharp at the tip with a serrated edge toward the hilt.
The mage's train of thought is immediately thrown aside as he's handed yet another concealed object, this time choosing to focus on Heather until she's finished speaking. Other than a pivot to face the colonel and a subconscious flex of his off-hand to check for an unnoticed cut as the warning is given, he's still and silent through, his guardian following suit with only a cautious stare. As he releases the blade from the odd bindings it falls into a gentle underhand grip, his expression a mix between awe and embarrassment. A quick glance at Tigress, fully aware of her barely concealed envy, precedes a response of "Colonel Heather, this is... a very generous loan, but I definitely don't know how to use this, and..." There's a pause, as though he can't figure out how to finish the statement.

After a long enough wait Tigress cuts in, her tone neutralized. "I gave him the knife instead of my stun gun because he's bad at fighting armed. At least he can throw the knife before hand-to-hand."

Her watch returns to the recruit, who's occupying his time by making small and swift flourishes at the air, adding "This is really well-balanced..."
Deske wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:07 pm "Mmm, I think I'll explore the town for a bit and see how it goes. Travel's not really an obstacle if I want to go back so I figure why not." He says with a shrug. "Plus, I feel like it'd be a good idea to get to know some of the locals before I head out."
"Gregg might be a better choice..." Tigress concludes with a quick nod, before immediately correcting "-BUT he can teleport!" with an unprovoked urgency as her threat analyses continue. He was far from clear of suspicion in her eyes, and the previous battle had made him a much clearer threat. With a subtly forceful pat on the shoulder to shake Mist from his distraction, she gives her orders. "Just keep it on you and hope it isn't necessary. Thank you, Colonel." The shift in demeanor is as subtle as one would expect of the warrior, but Mist just shrugs and resheathes the blade, waiting for a response from Heather before attempting to affix it to himself.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Me? I use it all the time. You know I'm a sea creature after all. Obviously I won't fit in it in Kaiju form but I like doing laps in otter form. It's good exercise and I often start my day that way. Also I sometimes like to just float in the water. I find it relaxing and it helps me think. Ted doesn't swim much - most hares don't - but he uses me as a pool float on occasion." Ryan answers, smiling at the memories and helping himself to pizza.
"What do you do for fun, Mordecai?"

~~~~~~~~
"I'm sure the Colonel can organise some training so he can use it properly." Ted suggests to Tigress.
"In the meantime, he has my card if he needs patching up." he finishes jokingly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:05 am "Me? I use it all the time. You know I'm a sea creature after all. Obviously I won't fit in it in Kaiju form but I like doing laps in otter form. It's good exercise and I often start my day that way. Also I sometimes like to just float in the water. I find it relaxing and it helps me think. Ted doesn't swim much - most hares don't - but he uses me as a pool float on occasion." Ryan answers, smiling at the memories and helping himself to pizza.
"What do you do for fun, Mordecai?"
"Mostly either binge watch one of my favorite shows, go bike riding, or get some drawing in while listening to some vinyls," Mordecai replies, finishing off a slice, "I have a pool myself I relax in as well and, you're right, it's very therapeutic. Just floating there while nature's orchestra plays softly in the background."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Julian chuckled as he got into his seat. "You have a way with youth, Colonel," he said, meaning it as a total compliment. He proceeded to look a little worried as he thought about the evening ahead with Tracie. "So, uh, where's the next pick up? Tomorrow? Uh, am I allowed to tell my old boss I have a new job?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg playfully stuck his tongue out at Tigress. "Just because I can teleport doesn't mean that I can knife fight. I've had some experience, but not enough to be good for anything other than a back alley scrap," he said with a shrug. He hopped into one of the rear seats and the truck and scooted over, "We're going back to the base first, right? Or is this a one way trip back to the city?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:45 pm The mage's train of thought is immediately thrown aside as he's handed yet another concealed object, this time choosing to focus on Heather until she's finished speaking. Other than a pivot to face the colonel and a subconscious flex of his off-hand to check for an unnoticed cut as the warning is given, he's still and silent through, his guardian following suit with only a cautious stare. As he releases the blade from the odd bindings it falls into a gentle underhand grip, his expression a mix between awe and embarrassment. A quick glance at Tigress, fully aware of her barely concealed envy, precedes a response of "Colonel Heather, this is... a very generous loan, but I definitely don't know how to use this, and..." There's a pause, as though he can't figure out how to finish the statement.

After a long enough wait Tigress cuts in, her tone neutralized. "I gave him the knife instead of my stun gun because he's bad at fighting armed. At least he can throw the knife before hand-to-hand."

Her watch returns to the recruit, who's occupying his time by making small and swift flourishes at the air, adding "This is really well-balanced..."
"The knife is a survival tool. It's used for fighting, yes, and you'll be trained on how to fight with one. But it's also used for cutting ropes, foraging for food and gathering materials, cutting cloth to make improvised bandages, wedging things apart... it's one of the most versatile tools you can carry." Heather explained. "Military-grade knives like this won't dull or break easily, but you still need to treat it with respect. It'll sometimes be your best friend."
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:55 pm Julian chuckled as he got into his seat. "You have a way with youth, Colonel," he said, meaning it as a total compliment. He proceeded to look a little worried as he thought about the evening ahead with Tracie. "So, uh, where's the next pick up? Tomorrow? Uh, am I allowed to tell my old boss I have a new job?"
"I would suggest notifying your boss, yes. Hopefully it doesn't come as too much of a surprise. Might want to give him a two week notice." Heather suggested. "And I will pick you up from your home, if you are comfortable giving me your address. Otherwise, you can tell me where to pick you up for tomorrow."
Deske wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:52 pm Gregg playfully stuck his tongue out at Tigress. "Just because I can teleport doesn't mean that I can knife fight. I've had some experience, but not enough to be good for anything other than a back alley scrap," he said with a shrug. He hopped into one of the rear seats and the truck and scooted over, "We're going back to the base first, right? Or is this a one way trip back to the city?"
Heather climbed into the driver's seat and started the truck. "The Kaiju town is first. I'll drop you and Mist off at the inn there. Then I'll take Julian and Tigress back to the city."

Realizing Ted didn't ride in the truck with the rest of the group to get there, Heather called out to him. "Hey, Ted, you need a ride back? Or are you going to run again?"
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:05 am "I'm sure the Colonel can organise some training so he can use it properly." Ted suggests to Tigress.
"In the meantime, he has my card if he needs patching up." he finishes jokingly.
CyberDragon wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:25 pm "The knife is a survival tool. It's used for fighting, yes, and you'll be trained on how to fight with one. But it's also used for cutting ropes, foraging for food and gathering materials, cutting cloth to make improvised bandages, wedging things apart... it's one of the most versatile tools you can carry." Heather explained. "Military-grade knives like this won't dull or break easily, but you still need to treat it with respect. It'll sometimes be your best friend."
"I could see uneasy allies, maybe..." The mage remarks softly, slipping the sheathed blade into an inner pocket on the vest and drawing the matchbook in the same motion. "...but I don't usually get along with cutting-edge tech."

A single sharp laugh escapes Tigress, with her immediately faking a coughing fit to cover it. Mist glances up with a sly smile, but turns back to his match-lightings without a word, burning one after another fully into ash before moving to the next. Between the new bruises and cuts buried under his clothes and coat, they burn a brilliant blue for only a moment before the fuel runs short, one after another. "Well, if that healing comes free with this job you'll probably be seeing him daily - at least. Have him pick up your coffee in the mornings." The Raksasi replies, watching the matches burn with a silenced concern. Eventually, the pack runs dry, and he returns the empty box with a shrug in her direction. "I'll bring something else back with me." A nod towards the van ends the interaction, with Mist getting into his seat immediately. Tigress loiters a moment at the door, scanning the area once more, before cautiously finding her way around the interior and into a seat.
Deske wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:52 pm Gregg playfully stuck his tongue out at Tigress. "Just because I can teleport doesn't mean that I can knife fight. I've had some experience, but not enough to be good for anything other than a back alley scrap," he said with a shrug. He hopped into one of the rear seats and the truck and scooted over, "We're going back to the base first, right? Or is this a one way trip back to the city?"
"Right. You can teleport, so if something happens, you'll be fine!" Her tone regains an air of humor, but the subject matter clearly isn't one she can find all too comedic, giving it an almost sarcastic undertone. Gradually realizing her attempt at a joke crashed and burned, Tigress attempts a recovery with "And Mist knows how to fight, so, uh..." The pause lasts too long, leaving Tigress to mutter an angry curse under her breath as she struggles with her seatbelt.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Julian thought for a moment. "I'll tell Miss Fowles tomorrow... evening," he admitted, knowing he'd need to send in his two weeks via e-mail as there wasn't time to do it today. "And of course I can give you my address. It'll save me bus fare for one thing! And you could probably find me anyway," he added coyly.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Gregg chuckles, both at the joke and the ensuing silence, "You could give me a little credit, I'm a little more resilient than I look. At least, I like to think so. Can't just warp away in any given situation." He buckled his seatbelt and made sure it was sitting comfortably, "Like in public or in front of people that don't, or shouldn't, know that I moonlight as 50 meter dogman with a skull for a head."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hmm." Ted frowns as he looks up from stowing his takeaway containers and doctor's bag back in the tray of the truck.
"Do you have enough seats?

~~~~~~~~
"Yeeeaaaahhh... Not a lot of nature noise in the city, but I know what you mean." Ryan agrees.
"Say, have you ever gone diving?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:42 am "Yeeeaaaahhh... Not a lot of nature noise in the city, but I know what you mean." Ryan agrees.
"Say, have you ever gone diving?"
Mordecai thought for a bit, "Ah, if by 'diving', you mean into a pool? Then, yes, I have. But if you mean in the ocean? Nope and I can't say I ever had the urge to do it," he admitted as he finished off another slice, "Again, I rather just either swim around in a pool or just float. Why'd you ask?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:42 am "Hmm." Ted frowns as he looks up from stowing his takeaway containers and doctor's bag back in the tray of the truck.
"Do you have enough seats?
Heather looked back at the full seats in her truck. The vehicle was big, but most of it's size was dedicated to the truck bed. Including the driver's seat, there was only room for five people in the car... and she already had four passengers. "Actually... not really. Not unless you wanted to ride in the back, but I don't think you want to do that."

Heather started the car. "Right then... I'll see you back on base then, Doc." She put the car in reverse, pulled back onto the rough path, and started driving back towards the KDF base town.
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:14 am Gregg chuckles, both at the joke and the ensuing silence, "You could give me a little credit, I'm a little more resilient than I look. At least, I like to think so. Can't just warp away in any given situation." He buckled his seatbelt and made sure it was sitting comfortably, "Like in public or in front of people that don't, or shouldn't, know that I moonlight as 50 meter dogman with a skull for a head."
"Well..." Tigress starts, growling in annoyance before just releasing the seatbelt back into the wall, "...sure seems like it would be hard to link a death to you if the person's body is a smashed puddle that landed way off from you."

"Or, instead of immediately telling him to murder people, you might suggest he carry dyed smoke bombs like the ones you used to use." Mist yawns softly, stretching for but a moment before his cuts stop him. He slowly turns in an attempt to look over the backseat, trying to find where he'd left his barely-eaten meal. "Give him some of that expertise you're working with, right?" She only rolls her eyes in response, reluctant to actually help.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:31 pm Heather started the car. "Right then... I'll see you back on base then, Doc." She put the car in reverse, pulled back onto the rough path, and started driving back towards the KDF base town.
Mist quickly drops back into his seat, replacing and straightening his hat automatically before latching his seatbelt. "Miss Missus? Miss... Ah, Colonel Heather? How many people live in the town?"
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Julian just listens to the conversations as he tried to work out exactly how much he still had on the pre-paid debit card he virtually never used. He reckoned about seventy bucks. That should suffice, he figured, even for the Southern Gate Sandwich shop. And Tracie.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Maybe if I still lived where I did growing up, but now I think it'd be a little more difficult to just brush that one off. I'm not high profile by any stretch of the word-though I'd like to be one day-but how would I explain a security camera recording of me and some other dude going into an alley and the next day that guy turns up in a bucket?" He turns his head toward Mist to address his idea, "That's actually not a bad idea as long as the smoke doesn't follow me too closely. The air still moves when I go through a portal because it's filling the spot I leave. But if it's dense enough I don't think that'd be a problem. Plus," he lowered his voice, a smile on his face, "I think your mom's worried about giving me insight into that training she wants to beat me with."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Just curious." Ryan answers.
"I, of course, practically live under the water, being an aquatic species. It's so peaceful down there. All the sounds just vanish except for your bubbles and it's just you and the fish. Well, it's not so nice in close to the shore with all the run-off from the city but further out in the bay and around the point it's lovely. I'll take you some time if you want. I have a bunch of SCUBA gear on my yacht - not that I need it of course, unless I'm diving with people that don't know I'm a Kaiju. But I do occasionally dive with friends that use it. Plus the crew sometimes uses it for maintenance. Of course we'll get you your own mouthpiece and faceplate so it fits you, and for the sake of hygiene" the otter trails off, realising he's rambling.

~~~~~~~~
Ted waves the truck away and Shifts up again once it's well clear. He'll walk back this time, instead of running, following the truck and covering the distance much more easily in Kaiju form. He'll Shift back down again just before the town limits.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:03 am "Just curious." Ryan answers.
"I, of course, practically live under the water, being an aquatic species. It's so peaceful down there. All the sounds just vanish except for your bubbles and it's just you and the fish. Well, it's not so nice in close to the shore with all the run-off from the city but further out in the bay and around the point it's lovely. I'll take you some time if you want. I have a bunch of SCUBA gear on my yacht - not that I need it of course, unless I'm diving with people that don't know I'm a Kaiju. But I do occasionally dive with friends that use it. Plus the crew sometimes uses it for maintenance. Of course we'll get you your own mouthpiece and faceplate so it fits you, and for the sake of hygiene" the otter trails off, realising he's rambling.
"Thank you for the offer, Ryan," Mordecai replied, then taking a sip of his drink, "But I'm just not into that type of swimming." He then looked over at Wildfire, "You OK over there? You've been pretty quiet. Pizza not OK?"
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:26 am Maybe if I still lived where I did growing up, but now I think it'd be a little more difficult to just brush that one off. I'm not high profile by any stretch of the word-though I'd like to be one day-but how would I explain a security camera recording of me and some other dude going into an alley and the next day that guy turns up in a bucket?" He turns his head toward Mist to address his idea, "That's actually not a bad idea as long as the smoke doesn't follow me too closely. The air still moves when I go through a portal because it's filling the spot I leave. But if it's dense enough I don't think that'd be a problem. Plus," he lowered his voice, a smile on his face, "I think your mom's worried about giving me insight into that training she wants to beat me with."
"Well, until Mom learns to resist pure death she can't even get near you, and that's really the only type of combat she likes." Mist glances over at Tigress, who glares softly at him in response. "But her old squad-"

"If you're talking with Gregg about my team, I'm talking to Julian about your bow." She interrupts with a sharp fake-whisper, leading to a momentary stare-off between the two cats. Mist clearly isn't too bothered by the threat, but the intent behind it is enough to deter him, and he rolls his eyes to break the interaction.

"Whatever. My point was that the smoke bombs are normally used in photography, so if you start carrying a nice camera in that briefcase of yours you might be able to sell the idea that one of them went off by accident if you get some trailing you. Alternatively, travel with Mr. Julian and you both can say one of his little gadgets sparked the others. Either way, a sketchy lie is a lot better than any truth." Mist summarizes, flicking the brim of his hat with a smile. "That's why the bow." He adds, a deliberate prod at his mother.

She's cooled quickly after realizing he wasn't actually spilling any of the numerous exploits her smoke bombs had witnessed and just shrugs the remark off. "I'm not saying you're wrong. I just think you can do better." She seems mildly distracted by the topic, and instead switches to "Speaking of. You're getting a change of clothes before this date thing, right? Your choice, but the Peter Pantsless bit isn't going to win hearts."
All the characters!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hmm," Julian remarked as he worked out Tigress was speaking to him. He turned and smirked slightly. "Oh, sorry. Thought you were talking to Mist. Uh, yeah. I'm pretty sure I have better fitting pants at hme. Unless the Colonel'll let me borrow a pair from stores?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:22 pm Mist quickly drops back into his seat, replacing and straightening his hat automatically before latching his seatbelt. "Miss Missus? Miss... Ah, Colonel Heather? How many people live in the town?"
"It's a pretty small town. Only about a thousand people live at the KDF base residential area." Heather answered quickly before focusing once again on driving through the rough forest path.
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:55 am "Hmm," Julian remarked as he worked out Tigress was speaking to him. He turned and smirked slightly. "Oh, sorry. Thought you were talking to Mist. Uh, yeah. I'm pretty sure I have better fitting pants at hme. Unless the Colonel'll let me borrow a pair from stores?"
"Not unless you want to show up to your date in military fatigues." Heather said.

-----------------
SeanWolf wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:19 pm "Thank you for the offer, Ryan," Mordecai replied, then taking a sip of his drink, "But I'm just not into that type of swimming." He then looked over at Wildfire, "You OK over there? You've been pretty quiet. Pizza not OK?"
"Mmph?" Wildfire glanced back at Mordecai, looking a little embarrassed at being noticed when he had half a pizza rolled up like a burrito and shoved into his mouth. He muttered something unaudible and returned to eating.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Probably best I don't," Julian admitted. "I can just imagine how that'd go. 'What did I do today? Well, I didn't join an army...' I wouldn't believe me(!)"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:20 pm "Probably best I don't," Julian admitted. "I can just imagine how that'd go. 'What did I do today? Well, I didn't join an army...' I wouldn't believe me(!)"
Julian's smirk immediately brings competitiveness to the topic. And what's a competition if you aren't playing to win? "Yeah, I'm sure you joining the army will be the secret to keep. If you start talking about your day at all the chip in your phone's gonna blow up!" Tigress chuckles, crossing her arms in a claimed victory. "^^^^, now I want to hear this disaster story." She sighs happily, concluding "If you're really without something decent... we can stop by our apartment first. I'll have something better than that."
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:04 pm "It's a pretty small town. Only about a thousand people live at the KDF base residential area." Heather answered quickly before focusing once again on driving through the rough forest path.
"I guess that's small, but for a Kaiju population..." His thoughts turn back inward, silently imagining the type of people that reside within.
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"No problem, Mordecai. Each to their own. Horses for courses and all that. Er... If you'll pardon the expression..."

Ryan snickers and snaps a photo of Wildfire with the pizza-rrito sticking out of his mouth.
"I'm sure Colonel Heather will be interested in this photo. And Dad, of course. I'll have to email it to Grandad since he doesn't have a cell..." he teases.

~~~~~~~~
Lightfoot easily keeps pace with the truck as it bumps down the mountain road.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:39 pm "No problem, Mordecai. Each to their own. Horses for courses and all that. Er... If you'll pardon the expression..."

Ryan snickers and snaps a photo of Wildfire with the pizza-rrito sticking out of his mouth.
"I'm sure Colonel Heather will be interested in this photo. And Dad, of course. I'll have to email it to Grandad since he doesn't have a cell..." he teases.
"MMRPH. MMPH." Wildfire mumbled through a mouth full of pizzarito, which roughly translates to She has enough blackmail material on me, thank you very much.

--------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:20 pm "Probably best I don't," Julian admitted. "I can just imagine how that'd go. 'What did I do today? Well, I didn't join an army...' I wouldn't believe me(!)"
Heather drove through the abandoned WWII base once more, exiting out the Western Gate before getting on the main road up the mountain. "I don't know. You could say you joined the National Guard. Technically that's true, since that's what we qualify as."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"I guess I could get away with that. Taking pictures of my products or something like that." Gregg said with a shrug. "You could also tell them you joined the military and just leave it at that. I'm sure plenty of people have jobs they can't talk about because of clearances or whatever."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:39 pm "No problem, Mordecai. Each to their own. Horses for courses and all that. Er... If you'll pardon the expression..."

Mordecai just chuckles at Ryan's usage of the phrase and goes back to his meal for a bit, taking a sip from his soda as he did. "Be sure to send me a copy of that pic, Ryan," he adds to the tease, "If he ever decides to run for Mayor or President, the pic would really bring in the votes!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Julian smirked slightly, then looked at Gregg. "Nah, she knows I'm a pacifist. Mind you," he continued, "even pacifists work in the vehicle shop, don't they?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I dunno, Mordecai. On the other paw, he might just incinerate me if I send the pic anywhere. Gotta be careful with dragons." Ryan answers.
"Although... If I just happened to leave my phone unlocked on the coffee table while I just happened to wander off to the bathroom and you just happened to see if and send the photo to yourself, well then there's not much he could do against me, is there?"

~~~~~~~~
Lightfoot continues to lope after the truck, thankful that his Kaiju height keeps him well above the dust cloud it produces.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:14 pm Julian smirked slightly, then looked at Gregg. "Nah, she knows I'm a pacifist. Mind you," he continued, "even pacifists work in the vehicle shop, don't they?"
"You could say you joined the National Guard as a medic." Heather suggested as she pulled onto the winding, yet paved, road to the mountain top village. "Medics don't generally fight."

--------------------------------
SeanWolf wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:46 pm Mordecai just chuckles at Ryan's usage of the phrase and goes back to his meal for a bit, taking a sip from his soda as he did. "Be sure to send me a copy of that pic, Ryan," he adds to the tease, "If he ever decides to run for Mayor or President, the pic would really bring in the votes!"
Wildfire grins, though it's not really visible due to the pizza in his face. He sits upright and assumes a stiff, uptight posture mocking politicians, then delivers a muffled and unintelligible speech through a mouthful of rolled up pizza.
-Champion Motto

DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

Finally having located his meal, Mist puts forth no further interaction. He instead begins to scarf down the oversized sandwiches, an odd silence covering his actions. Neither the brushing of fabric from his clothes nor his breath produces any sound, only the occasional drops of vinegar from the soaked-through bread hitting the box.
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:58 am Lightfoor continues to lope after the truck, thankful that his Kaiju height keeps him well above the dust cloud it produces.
His mother, not one for discussing the complexities of a life of peace, occupies herself by looking out the windows and trying to spot anything other than the grass's energy or the concrete shadows. Gradually she ends up sitting completely backward in her seat, puzzling over why the vitality behind the car seems to be keeping pace with it.
All the characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You know, you look like Winston Churchill like that, cigar and all. We just need to get you the hat!"Ryan grins.
Too bad I don't have a homburg. I could lend you one of my fedoras though." the sea otter offers.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:10 pm Wildfire grins, though it's not really visible due to the pizza in his face. He sits upright and assumes a stiff, uptight posture mocking politicians, then delivers a muffled and unintelligible speech through a mouthful of rolled up pizza.
Mordecai chuckled at Wildfire's act before commenting that not all politicians are like that, referring to himself being a mayor. "Though, in all seriousness, I have met a few like that...that council here comes to mind..." he added, referring to early in the day when he was dealing with the council in regards to his people's sword and the tikbalang on a whole, "Forgive me, Wild, but I see why my people never had much in the way of interactions with this city back in the early days, before my grandfather began to open our own town's doors to the world, so to speak, and formed our own council in Thunder Bay. The council here in Crater City is just...I swear they really don't care about kaijus at times."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well that could work," Julian admitted, curling a finger around his chin as though in thought. "Medical could be good."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:31 am "You know, you look like Winston Churchill like that, cigar and all. We just need to get you the hat!"Ryan grins.
Too bad I don't have a homburg. I could lend you one of my fedoras though." the sea otter offers.
Wildfire practically sucked in the pizza, barely bothering to chew before swallowing. "Yeah... I'd rather look like a poisonous toad," he commented.
SeanWolf wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:35 am Mordecai chuckled at Wildfire's act before commenting that not all politicians are like that, referring to himself being a mayor. "Though, in all seriousness, I have met a few like that...that council here comes to mind..." he added, referring to early in the day when he was dealing with the council in regards to his people's sword and the tikbalang on a whole, "Forgive me, Wild, but I see why my people never had much in the way of interactions with this city back in the early days, before my grandfather began to open our own town's doors to the world, so to speak, and formed our own council in Thunder Bay. The council here in Crater City is just...I swear they really don't care about kaijus at times."
"That's putting it lightly." Wildfire laughed bitterly. "At least one of them has advocated making Kaiju hunting legal. A few of them wanted to make a Kaiju registry that would be publicly accessible. Only reason they didn't do it is because the KDF sued them. The council is horrible."

---------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:17 am "Well that could work," Julian admitted, curling a finger around his chin as though in thought. "Medical could be good."
"Might even be able to get some training from the Doc, if that's what you want to do."

Heather continues driving up the mountain roads. Soon, the dirt trails merge with paved roads, and the drive becomes much smoother. Only a few minutes after that, the truck was pulling up to the gates of the Kaiju town.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:19 pm "That's putting it lightly." Wildfire laughed bitterly. "At least one of them has advocated making Kaiju hunting legal. A few of them wanted to make a Kaiju registry that would be publicly accessible. Only reason they didn't do it is because the KDF sued them. The council is horrible."
"It's a shame, really," Mordecai sighed, "We do our best to prove we aren't all monsters and go out of our ways to protect mankind, yet many still see us as weapons that need to be regulated and watched over or, worse, actual demons. I don't mean to pat myself on the back here but that's why I am proud of Thunder Bay's Council; They not only look after the well-being of our town but they treat us Kaijus like actual, well, living beings with souls. Yes, we do have regulations like all Kaiju fights should be kept outside the town's limits and we do our best to watch out for Kaiju Hunters, but again, I feel our council is one of the few out there that understands truly what we are. Something I know your council lacks in many ways, save for that older woman who helped us with the gardening when she visited." He took a sip from his drink before turning over to Wildfire, "Serious question: Has the city ever thought about disbanding the council or, at the very least, replacing some of them with more respectable members?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hmm," Julian said with a tad of happiness showing through his tone, "little bit of tech, little bit of med. Well, a squad might need to know how to repair comms, yeah? It's a plan."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:14 pm Julian smirked slightly, then looked at Gregg. "Nah, she knows I'm a pacifist. Mind you," he continued, "even pacifists work in the vehicle shop, don't they?"
"True, very true. Could become a jack of all trades, y'know, every team's gotta have someone with all the utility under their belt," Gregg chuckled a little. "Sooner or later you'll probably be the most important person here with that attitude."
DdeeStar

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:19 pm Heather continues driving up the mountain roads. Soon, the dirt trails merge with paved roads, and the drive becomes much smoother. Only a few minutes after that, the truck was pulling up to the gates of the Kaiju town.
Having finished his meal, Mist quickly wipes his mouth with the stashed napkins and stuffs the repacked take-out box back under his seat. He looks over to address Tigress, muttering a short warning under his breath as he pulls out his phone. She gets the message and drops back into her seat properly, leaning forward to stare out the front windshield. This only occupies her for about a second before she reaches over and flicks Mist's ear, whispering "(How long is it going to take me to drive back here?)"

"I don't know. I didn't get a chance to check the time between the assassination attempt and my classmate walking in on us. A while." He responds, a slight irritation in his tone.

Her claw taps audibly on the phone's screen as she corrects "(Do the map thing.)"

"The... oh. Maps." After a slight delay, he responds with a curious "The location system doesn't recognize where we are.", holding the power button to restart the phone with the hope there was just some error in the algorithm. "There's a lot of reasons that could be... (Either way, you're stuck with Miss Heather. Try to make a good impression this time.)"

"(I just signed up for war, what more does she want?)" Tigress sits back against the seat, honest bewilderment in her question. It receives no answer, as Mist's attention just turns to the sights outside.
All the characters!