Headcanons

Discuss the comic here
NHWestoN

Re: Headcanons

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:17 am He may have ****** a large group of females by being his obnoxious self so he could be in hiding. :mrgreen:
Especially if they all found out about each other - sounds like the same problem Pina the Dall Sheep is having in Beastars.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

After seeing Tarot use her tarot cards several times Peanut is interested in trying to learn it also but Tarot resists teaching him because she doesn't want his mind to break with all the information that is involved.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeltsin is back in New York and eager to return to Babylon Gardens, especially with the heavenly dome going on - but how to get in?
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

In Kitsune's book of fate, he wrote Checkmate, in regards to King's role in ending the cosmic game. As the game ended when King was in the middle of the line of fire, ie check and when neither player had any legal moves left, ie checkmate.

I do think it is fitting that Pete, who insisted the game was nothing like chess feel prey to one of the traps of it: ignoring protecting your king so you can win with just the power of the queen (his nickname of Bailey)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rex has trunk full of Lincoln Logs and a corner of the Holloway porch where he's allowed to build his dream town.
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Brilliant observation, Leotamer.

Kitsune has been helping Kix as a backup plan in case he ever gets incarnated as punishment for the game; he would already have a family and a house by the time it would happen.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Though if he were to be punished through a reincarnation like Pete and Dragon have been, wouldn't he lose his adult form and have to be reborn as the baby form of whatever animal he was turned into?
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:56 am Though if he were to be punished through a reincarnation like Pete and Dragon have been, wouldn't he lose his adult form and have to be reborn as the baby form of whatever animal he was turned into?
I always thought them being incarnated as babies was just Kitsune adding onto the humilation of their punishment, but yeah. Goof point.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Leotamer

Post by Leotamer »

Bahamat has explictly said that they were free to play the game. Turning into mortals was a condition of the specific pvp game that Dragon and Pete played, where the loser gets to live a mortal lifespan and the winner becomes the new group leader, and I have suspect that the winner clause might contributed to Kitsune's sabotage.

Also, in the trial in Heaven arc, Pete mentions four other people should be on trial if the game is illegal. Pete is the speaker, and we have Kitsune and Dragon, but that leaves two people involved with the game unaccounted for. I have no idea who, but seems like fertile ground for headcanons and wmgs.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Earl eventually caved and buys Peanut and Grape the more expensive brand of pet food they wanted from a decade ago and they tried it and realized...it sucks.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Bailey decides it's time to revive the Good Ol' Dog's Club - by becoming President and establishing a more definitively female stamp on its activities.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The reason why Peanut did a Spot (Superdog) comic about graphs and how a graph joke if there is multiple jokes will mean more authors will complain about them is because Peanut doesn't understand how graphs work.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Cerberus scans the morning lists of souls for the daily pick up and is dismayed to find a familiar name on the demise list. But who?
Harry Johnathan

Pueblo is the result of an affair between Jata and Gale that occured after Jata's humiliating defeat at the hands of Deadeye; Jata, unable to seek help from a normal hospital, went to Gale to get patched up and the affair happened.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Jerry knows that the woodland critters all worship Zach for some reason but doesn't get involved because he doesn't want to deal with it and is sort of apathetic to his pets problems.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The Bigglesworths want to form a baseball team but there's no one to play against.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Peanut attempts to do a Spot (Superdog) comic that has shared superhero universes within it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

When Trinket was barely a flying fledgling, she knew the Crow who partnered with the Coyote who tried to murder kitten Maxwell. While their actions greatly disturbed her, she decided life might be better with a ground-based buddy.

Cory may not have been the best choice.
Last edited by NHWestoN on Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Grape has finally managed to get the song that was stuck in her head out of it but only by listening to a truly horrible song.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Tum really wants to go scrounging with his "uncles" (Truc and Falstaff) but Ink thinks he's too young, Zach thinks he has greater potential, Cory wants to teach him to be a con-man, and Jessica has threatened both Falstaff and Truc with murder and mayhem if they try to sneak him on one of their usually catastrophic expeditions.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

If Tum is harmed Jessica would not be the treehouse resident Truck and Fals would have to worry about. Though I think Truck would look out for him.

Sometimes Max helps Peanut with the Spot(Superdog) comics when Grape is sleeping. Peanut still wakes Grape up, of course.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Lana has decided at the next board meeting to introduce a revolutionary money-saving strategy - she's cutting Keene off without a dime!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Max is taking piano lessons from Sasha. Like her, he turns out to have a natural gift for it.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sabrina has a green thumb and an opulent flower garden planted in Mrs. McGillicudy's back yard.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

NHWestoN wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:34 pm Sabrina has a green thumb and an opulent flower garden planted in Mrs. McGillicudy's back yard.
Building on that, in exchange for first pick of the veggies, during Mrs. McG makes Sabrina some pies for her Christmas party.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I never really got the impression that Mrs. McGillicuddy was a cook and more that she was only a baker but maybe she can do both. I would ask if she is related to the Holloways since Rex is a good cook and baker but they aren't for obvious reasons.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"Nothing's impossible, only improbable." The Mad Hatter. ;)
Chubbo

Post by Chubbo »

So a headcanon me and my friend always joke about is with minor characters, mainly Jasper, aren't on screen cause they're off having their own adventures. Our main headcanon is Jasper and Simon Milton doing their own stuff offscreen.

Jasper getting the most attention as he's became a sort of inside joke/favorite among the two of us.
Owner of the housepets ranking tumblr https://housepets-character-rankings.tumblr.com/

I do rp I'm just nervous to ask to join
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Peanut finally got the kibble that he wants after wearing Jill down over time to get her to buy it of which boiling water makes gravy and Peanut tries it...

...Only to realize it tastes horrible and as he tries to finish it he throws up.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sabrina finally learned how to pull a rabbit out of a hat ... scared the wits out of both Zack and Jessica, though.
MikeNelsonMythril

Post by MikeNelsonMythril »

(Copy-paste from Arcs that aren't going to happen but are fun to think about as I am planning to write fanfiction about this.)

King runs (among other fandom communities) "Pridelands" boards, chats, communities in the manner of "Reploid Revo," informing people and debunking falsehoods about media made by Housepets. Down to the exacting details of Reploid Revo.

When talking to the likes of Grape in real life, he uses the "Flame Warriors" and "Tv tropes Fourm Speak" classes and terms when discussing what went on in the various communities.

He even sees Peanut as the "Jolt" to his "Twitch." Holds "The Word of God" as gospel.
Last edited by MikeNelsonMythril on Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Chubbo wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:22 pm So a headcanon me and my friend always joke about is with minor characters, mainly Jasper, aren't on screen cause they're off having their own adventures. Our main headcanon is Jasper and Simon Milton doing their own stuff offscreen.

Jasper getting the most attention as he's became a sort of inside joke/favorite among the two of us.
Walt Kelly, who did the animal comic Pogo Possum from 1948 to 1972, often speculated on what his characters might be doing when they weren't active on his stage. If your characters are your legal dependents, he once mused, then their free-lancing could get me into big trouble with the Cartoonists Union.
MikeNelsonMythril

Post by MikeNelsonMythril »

"You can choose your friends, you can choose your enemies, but you can't choose your families."

This is the axiom that my King Milton lives by as he grew fondness for Gold Kitsune, Pete Griffon, Grand Dragon, Cerberus and a host of other celestials.

Kitsune represents the Positive Rival, The Gadfly to King's straight man, you know how their relationship goes in the comic. But in my fannon, King sees Kitsune as a loved one to keep thine antics as close to the vest as humanly possible. (Three Way Marriage between King, Bailey and Kitsune in this case.)

Pete represent the Negative Rival to King, and even though Pete causes trouble to no end, King actually thanks him for kick-starting his Heel Face Turn. He still doesn't like him but at least he respect him as a member of the family, brother-in-law because of the three-way marriage.

Cerberus and Dragon are the sisters-in-laws, though they are not nasty by any stretch of the imagination, they are in King's Family because he, Bailey and Kitsune have that Three-Way-Marrage. (Though Cerberus have Bailey's DNA after a single fusion just to screw with Pete and kill his chances of hooking up with her.)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Bino decides he wants to become President-for-Life of the Good Ol'Dogs Club, and he knows just who can insure that happens - Eudoant! :twisted: :shock:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This isn't the first time Kitsune decided to pretend to be a mortal and he has many other mortal families out there who he checks in on and then goes out of their lives for periods of time.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Grape's fondness for dog biscuits prompts her to approach Rex for a baking lesson. The results are fantastic and the two start thinking about going into business. Unfortunately, Keene wants in on the scheme.
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

One thing came in my mind recently. I think Peanut is pansexual, but he doesn't acknowledge it (probably because he doesn't know about pansexuality) and he loved Grape even before she told him that she's a girl.
I dunno, just imagine something funny here

And also just to advertise myself:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/chieris/
https://www.deviantart.com/dangraythewolf
Harry Johnathan

Chieris wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:41 am One thing came in my mind recently. I think Peanut is pansexual, but he doesn't acknowledge it (probably because he doesn't know about pansexuality) and he loved Grape even before she told him that she's a girl.
I've always thought of him as asexual. He still has romantic feelings for others, but not iffy feelings.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Another one of mine based on the current strip is that sometimes Sasha and Daisy get together to study since they are a lot more scholarly than anybody would ever give them credit for and want to improve themselves.
Crazy_Simone

Post by Crazy_Simone »

Chieris wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:41 am One thing came in my mind recently. I think Peanut is pansexual, but he doesn't acknowledge it (probably because he doesn't know about pansexuality) and he loved Grape even before she told him that she's a girl.
Peanut: Dogs, cats, boys, girls, what's the difference?! I'm gonna sniff them all!!!
Tarot: But only one of them get chemistry, yeah, I get it.