Headcanons

Discuss the comic here
NHWestoN

Re: Headcanons

Post by NHWestoN »

Now that the wolves have lost their security jobs with Keene, Duchess plots recruiting them to stage a coup to seize control of the Good Ol'Dogs Club. Only later does she realize she and Bino are the only active members left.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

The wolves hopefully have more sense than to listen to Duchess.
Last edited by trekkie on Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sasha is writing a novel in secret.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeltsin has yet to admit to anyone that he is a trained classical violinist.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure that Sasha and Daisy on the other hand would be amazed by that and fall hard for the Bull Terrier.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

To Kevin’s chagrin.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

King is forgetting much of his memories from when he was a human.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Fox secretly wants to be more than a hero but a SUPERHERO.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

REx dreams of being on a British baking Show - English bulldog trope, I guess.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sabrina and Sasa have both applied for an opening in the K9s - Hmmmmmm, where's this going?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Rex, Maxwell, and Breel have a baking and cooking night together.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Grape secretly writes and posts "Pridelands" fanfiction using her own OC as a main character on fanfic.net.
Last edited by Amazee Dayzee on Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Miles offer to help Itzuki get his student visa renewed. Itzuki marvels at the advantages of having a large, handsome, muscular, and well-mannered wolf as your advocate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If that results in Itsuki falling for Miles that would be too funny. Then Miles would have two people who had unrequited feelings for him. Gale was the first one.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Stewart prepares to send Lois to Lynx-Heaven when suddenly who should show up to rescue her but ... Devo. Diminutive as he is, Devo's high-pitched, loud, and relentless bark suddenly fills the monster's ears with searing pain, allowing them both to escape and, thanks to the pup's acute tracking talents, allows them to rejoin Tarot, Aardvark, and Marion.

Stay tuned and see how Griswold, Yeltsin, and Rex get ensnared in these convolutions.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would love to see Devo actually help out Lois as that would be really cool. We didn't really see them interact and I am a big fan of characters who are connected to other characters in some way help them.
Harry Johnathan

Ths better actually happen or we riot.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I realize this is Rick's show and he has a henhouse full of other projects that draw his interest, but the single comic a week format really seems to have slowed down the pace of the narrative.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:45 pm Grape secretly writes and posts "Pridelands" fanfiction using her own OC as a man character on fanfic.net.
For some reason I feel called out.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well you shouldn't since I didn't direct it at you. LOL

After this whole arc is done, my headcanon is that Kitsune will NEVER want to play a board game again since a board game is what set this whole chain reaction off.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:30 am Well you shouldn't since I didn't direct it at you. LOL

After this whole arc is done, my headcanon is that Kitsune will NEVER want to play a board game again since a board game is what set this whole chain reaction off.
That will be heartbreaking news to Lester, Dallas, and Joey since that's probably the only way they'll get any visibility in the strip for a loooooong time. Or maybe our favorite ferret (Keene, I assume) will dispatch them to seize the mana for some mad Miltonian mission.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Stealing your headcanon to post it down as my own: Joey, Lester and Dallas's NEXT appearance will be an arc in which they have to go through a quest that is almost like a D&D mission.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:20 am Stealing your headcanon to post it down as my own: Joey, Lester and Dallas's NEXT appearance will be an arc in which they have to go through a quest that is almost like a D&D mission.
Or, accidentally opening a portal, they wind up in the manna palace ahead of both Eudoant and the Kitsune-Tarot team........ :o
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Todd is a pansexual who is attracted to anybody and everybody regardless of gender since he has had a ton of girlfriends, shown to want to make out with Lois and did make out with Arthur the Aardvark because he was bored and that will probably grow into something.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Comfortably seated on the plane to Egypt and blissfully plotting her next moves, Eudoant hears a voice "I can't take these long flights without a bourbon, want one?" She turns and to her great discomfort discovers her seat mate is ....... Cerberus!!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Kix is actually strong enough to hold her own against Nega-Breel. Especially when he makes the stupid mistake to threaten her kits.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Mega-Breel corners Keene and, as our beloved ferret cowers in terror, the crackling demon pulls out ... an IRS audit order!!!

Will Stewart forgive Keene and arrive in time to confront Mega-Breel's bureaucratic menace successfully?
22xander

Marion's Gender

Post by 22xander »

I just re-read the comic again, as I do periodicaly (Took me a few days, but I had to work most of the day) and I'm just going to say this as I look back into a few discussions I've had and others have had.

Looking at the animal transformations at this point I think it's fairly safe to say that Marion and Lois' gender swapping is rare or unique in the grand scheme of animal transformations. Until Stwerd's rampage we only had so much evidence of transformed charecters, but we've now seen a good number and it seems that no one else has this problem. At least no one that we're aware of.

Harry Johnathan theorized, last year, on comic 2021/05/07 that the transformations were at least partialy based on personality. I can see it with every one of the charecter's we've been shown much of so far. Marrion's clear anxiety and Lois' athletic confidence seem built into their new forms, and Todd's form seems to be a combination of showing how much of a poser he is and his relationship with his mom (remember how he reacted with resignment when babied, as if he expects it).

What I think is that it's going to be reveled that Marrion and Lois are actualy good with the magical sex-change and happy with their new lives. When Marrion said "You know how I feel about that" a lot of people said that he (still using the pronouns as used in the comic) was reffering back to saying he didn't like it, but I think it fits better with the art and the way the diolauge is side-stepping it for him to be saying the oposite. Especialy if it's refering back to the non-pg-13 times they were clearly having in the previous arc.

In any case, I still think Marrion's Gender is going to be revealed to be closer to the squirel form than human.

Side Note: Do you think Pete's Name before it was changed was just "Griffon" the way they just call the others Dragon and Kitsune? Or something else?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I personally believe that when this is all over that while they do stay in their animal forms that Marion and Lois end up having their genders switched back. I can't imagine Lois being comfortable with female felines hitting on her all the time. It will probably just be a minor cosmetic change when it happens instead of it being a full-blown different look for them.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Regarding Pete, his true name was apparently unpronounceable to mortals.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

D-Rock wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:48 pm Regarding Pete, his true name was apparently unpronounceable to mortals.
Even those who spoke Akkadian!
22xander

Post by 22xander »

D-Rock wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:48 pm Regarding Pete, his true name was apparently unpronounceable to mortals.
That’s true, but if that’s the case for him it’s probably the case for the other celestial side and it just hasn’t come up lol
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Wouldn’t doubt it. Think Kitsune mentioned that their forms are influenced by what mortals think up, so what we see them referred to as could simply be shorthand for mortals.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... although their shape-shifting repertoire is likely not limited to the imagination of mortal - the fusion of Badger-Steward (pre-transformed human) and Trinket (birth-right Cowbird or Magpie) seems pretty original.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Breel and NegaBreel will eventually be merged and Breel will get this bad habits back but will be kept on the straight and narrow by Keene.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Kevin, Fido, and Terrance are dispatched to arrest the Stewart-Trinket monster but, of course, can't find it. Undaunted and still befuddled, they try to relocate to Egypt to make the arrest of the non-existent creature.
Harry Johnathan

Sgt. Ralph and Daisy have been quietly dating for years and don't even realize that it isn't common knowledge.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Does Aardvark have a name yet?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

None that we know of yet.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The aardvark's name for me is Arthur as I have been calling him that the whole time. Mostly because the news about the kids television show on PBS coming to an end. That is my headcanon by the way.