2019/12/11 - Just Give Me A Reason

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/12/11 - Just Give Me A Reason

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/12/11 - Just Give Me A Reason]
Title Text: i mean it could be deep and metaphysical if you want it to be

Pretty convenient with that applies to both the literal and metaphysical, ain't it?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Nobody

Re: 2019/12/11 - Just Give Me A Reason

Post by Nobody »

We can consider it confirmed, someone is behind all this. Was there any confusion over that? So many theories floating around, I forget. But now that point is cleared up, anyway.

That said, I did not expect him to be so direct. You could say he's being . . . hands-on? Eh? Eh?
Last edited by Nobody on Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

That's actually far more direct than I expected him to be, and hey! It's our first answrr!! This transformation was intentional. Someone targeted Marion and presumably Lois. And unless hes going to admit that the someone is himself, it wasn't Kitsune.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

An actual answer from Kitsune! That’s rare
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I...I can't even. I had given up hope that we'd ever get a real lead or answer after seven months. But here it is. There is a deliberate force masterminding this. Quick break out the Theory Chart!

Theories
Is Steward A Villain: YES.

Steward's Goal: Regaining his Old Life and/or Revenge

Did He Change Marion: No

Who Changed Marion and Lois: Mastermind or another new supernatural character that has not been introduced.

The Marion & Lois Part
-Keene is unhelpful but leads them to Kitsune who provides more accurate information while Keene helps deal with the arrangements for Lois and Marion.
--The Miltons try to come up with a solution to prevent the media and masses from finding out about this to prevent any negative backlash.
--The Miltons curve the media by making sure that they are not to blame but bolster the ECP during this potential crisis by making them look like heroes by taking care of the therianthropes.

The Steward Part
-Steward steps out of the shadows and forces Keene to take him back as the media begins to blame him for both Lois and Marion's sudden and random transformations
-Steward plans on using this transformation outbreak to find a way to access a source of magic to change back to human
-Steward goes behind Keene's back and starts transforming humans into animals for the ECP to get back into Keene's good graces.
--Marion goes to talk Steward about how he was transformed. He sees this as an opportunity to use the coin to his advantage and take advantage of the situation.
--Steward finds an ally with a supernatural entity and together plot to take down the ECP and/or change back to human
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok, we have some new info. We now know it was not some accident of them coming across the curse. Now it is all about finding out who did it and why.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

I should say, I love the expression on Kitsune in the last panel. It just screams, "No, you dummy..."
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Come on, who was the only character we've met that actively wanted to break the two of them up?

Figures, you give a character a name and they end up being important in the end... so how'd he do it, that's the real question?

So now we know who did it,
We can say that Bronson's the one,
it might've been just jealously,
Or maybe just for fun.
So this seems to me like a plan gone wrong,
Though they've found their roles reversed,
They're still remaining strong,
Even though GK says they've been cursed.
Now the question becomes this:
Who did it, who pulled this mess?
I think we have our answer, miss,
So it's time to move in with Jess.
How did We Know Who do it?
Or does it even matter a whit?
You're a wonderful person! You can do this! Yes, you, person reading this!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Kitsune in the third panel looks how we all feel. Fun time is over. No more games. It's time to get real. Someone one did it. Who and why, find out next time.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Finally they’re getting to answers
after but a moment with Kitsune;
but the answer that they’ve got
really sounds kind of loony.
Someone they know believes in curses
and acted without heavenly hands?
Now they have to go find them;
searching hard through all the lands.
He may be more help than this
or he may just want a cuddle
but one thing seems for sure:-
he won’t get in the middle.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

fenrirblack wrote:Kitsune in the third panel looks how we all feel. Fun time is over. No more games. It's time to get real. Someone one did it. Who and why, find out next time.
Same fox-time, same fox-channel.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

LunarFox wrote:Come on, who was the only character we've met that actively wanted to break the two of them up?

Figures, you give a character a name and they end up being important in the end... so how'd he do it, that's the real question?
It's a good thing your logo is for the Chicago Cubs, because that guess is way out in left field.
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

So what's your guess? Heyward in left better?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I'm a little surprised it only took him three panels to just say something useful. He clearly gets bored with how often I expect him to stretch things out.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

If you follow "Murder, She Wrote" rules, there really is only one suspect. In that show, it was always the person that was introduced in act one or two, named, and looked like a minor character. If you take Kitsune at his words, has to be someone that knew Marion ahead of time.

The only suspect, then, is Bronson. I hate to even say that, because it seems ridiculous, but several others have pointed out him as a suspect.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

It's time for Housepet's Clue Edition

Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Just Give Me A Reason song

I was surprised Kitsune was the same hight as Lois, but then I remembered demigods can change their size at will. In the third panel Great Kitsune looks like he's being seductive or has been nipping. (what would Kitsune actually be like under catfoxnip?)
LunarFox wrote:Come on, who was the only character we've met that actively wanted to break the two of them up?

It's so obvious. Karo is behind it all. How did he do it again?
dr_eirik wrote:If you follow "Murder, She Wrote" rules, there really is only one suspect. In that show, it was always the person that was introduced in act one or two, named, and looked like a minor character. If you take Kitsune at his words, has to be someone that knew Marion ahead of time.

The only suspect, then, is Bronson. I hate to even say that, because it seems ridiculous, but several others have pointed out him as a suspect.
Mrs. McGillicuddy fits that bill and came before Bronson both in the story and Marion's life.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

LunarFox wrote:So what's your guess? Heyward in left better?
Evil teacher.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

And their motivation? Not doubting, just wondering.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:
dr_eirik wrote:If you follow "Murder, She Wrote" rules, there really is only one suspect. In that show, it was always the person that was introduced in act one or two, named, and looked like a minor character. If you take Kitsune at his words, has to be someone that knew Marion ahead of time.

Mrs. McGillicuddy fits that bill and came before Bronson both in the story and Marion's life.
Bronson is my number one suspect but I can't rule out Mrs. McGillicuddy which is why they are both on the list. :lol:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
LunarFox wrote:So what's your guess? Heyward in left better?
Evil teacher.
He is also on the list became he is still secretly the movie store manager!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

LunarFox wrote:And their motivation? Not doubting, just wondering.
He doesn't like Marion. He gave him a tardy slip on his first school day as a Squirrel! (That's another line I never thought I'd type...) Perhaps Marion was a cheeky one? And Los was because she'd have gotten onto him?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
LunarFox

Post by LunarFox »

Maybe...? I don't know.
Last edited by LunarFox on Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

If this story is going to end on Christmas, that means either we’re going to find out who did this to them and have them change back in six comics, or one or both of those is going to be pushed off until a later arch.. I’m really hoping we don’t have to wait too long for some resolution, because this whole arc has had a rather sluggish pace, and it felt like it’s taken forever for things to happen at times.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Legotron123 wrote:If this story is going to end on Christmas, that means either we’re going to find out who did this to them and have them change back in six comics, or one or both of those is going to be pushed off until a later arch.. I’m really hoping we don’t have to wait too long for some resolution, because this whole arc has had a rather sluggish pace, and it felt like it’s taken forever for things to happen at times.
I think we are not going to see them change back. At least not this year. Someday, perhaps.

I hadn't thought of Mcgillicuddy being a suspect, partly because I can't figure out a motivation for her. But, that makes the best killer. Jessica Fletcher would reveal some previously unrevealed detail, like Marion wasn't nice to forest critters or something. Lois was collateral damage for starting to get close.

And after I wrote and submitted that post, I realized we could get a Scooby Doo ending, complete with an unmasking of sorts by a dog. Is Mungo close enough to a Great Dane to stand in?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Next step for Housepets! Clue: let's break down our options. Who had the means and the motives? (Please note that most of these are just silly and for laughs) Months of theories have led to this.

Bronson in his Bedroom with a Curse he found online: A scheme to get Marion out of the way so to swoop in and take Lois for his own. It wouldn't take a genius just someone lonely, bored, and with access to television and the internet. He could have been watching the Princess and the Frog one night on Disney Channel. Anyway, once Lois rejected him for the hundredth time, he deployed a fail safe. Curse her so that she would have to date him to change back.

Steward in the Treehouse with Coin: I've made his reasons abundantly clear and so has everyone else.

Keene in his House with his Father's Notes: His act that he didn't know about Marion curse was a decoy and he secretly does plan to turn everyone into animals and he is secretly an expert liar.

Lana in the Manor with an Ancient Relic recovered by Henry Milton: She too plans to boost the ECP and out shine her brother by turning humans into animals.

Thomas in the Zoo with the Knowledge gain from the Temple: Revenge on the Ferrets. He plans to create a huge PR fiasco that will ruin them.

Mrs. McGillicuddy in her Basement with her Spellbook: She's a witch and an animal lover. Revenge on Marion and the rest of the neighborhood for years of abuse.

Mr. Porter in the Basement of the Video Palace with the Arcane Ritual: He's evil and Marion's teacher. He's an evil teacher.

Pete and Dragon in the Treehouse with their lingering knowledge of magic: I don't know maybe

Kitsune in King's Closet with his Celestial powers: He didn't say he didn't do it.

Tarot in her House with her leftover Magic powers: She just snapped. Honestly we should have seen it coming.

Eudoant in Pandemonium with his Demonic Power: Part of an elaborate scheme for revenge of Keene and to bring Keene back to Hell forever. It would be a good way to tie Pandemonium to the story.

Dino-Demon in the Wind with his demonic powers: He's an agent of chaos.

dr_eirik wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:If this story is going to end on Christmas, that means either we’re going to find out who did this to them and have them change back in six comics, or one or both of those is going to be pushed off until a later arch.. I’m really hoping we don’t have to wait too long for some resolution, because this whole arc has had a rather sluggish pace, and it felt like it’s taken forever for things to happen at times.
I think we are not going to see them change back. At least not this year. Someday, perhaps.

I hadn't thought of Mcgillicuddy being a suspect, partly because I can't figure out a motivation for her. But, that makes the best killer. Jessica Fletcher would reveal some previously unrevealed detail, like Marion wasn't nice to forest critters or something. Lois was collateral damage for starting to get close.
With Mrs. McGillicuddy, I would say it's some time of revenge scheme for something Marion did as a small child or Marion was a unwilling target due to their past relationship. Once Lois started asking questions, she had to be silenced or she was another unwilling victim. This could be a test run of something far more sinister.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:46 am, edited 8 times in total.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Just when I though ol'GK was going to get cosmic or Calvinist on us, the direction spins towards evil forces. The li'l Dino-Demon, mebbee?

So, Marion ... Lois .... what do you want for Christmas? Looks like Lois may get a hug....
bravelove

Post by bravelove »

glad to see kitsune is still at the top of their game I love them so much
Image Image
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

fenrirblack wrote:Dino-Demon in the Wind with his demonic powers: He's an agent of chaos.
Everyone keeps assuming Dino-Demon did it for no reason because he's some Heath Ledger's Joker-like avatar of pandemonium, which I'm not sure is even true.

But what if someone made a pact with him? DD is not exactly loyal to Keene, he did abandon him as soon as Keene held up his end of the bargain. While its true we haven't seen him use the ability to transform people, he can teleport from bigger-on-the-inside temples, indicating that he could teleport back in again. He would be uniquely capable of retrieving another coin from the cursed treasure.

On another note, some have theorised that this is a way to blackmail or extort Marion or Lois into doing what the perpetrator wanys. This makes for an understandable motivation, but there's a problem. Why haven't they revealed their demands yet? Marion was a squirrel for at least several days by this point, and the mystery villain didn't make contact with either Marion or Lois to tell them to give them what they want?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Friday's comic - Giligan cut to Peanut who is now laughing villanously for whatever reason.

Now before he starts acting in mysterious ways, he should remind them that the curse isn't contagious before the news runs this theory to the ground :3

Also, if you want my theory - is mysterious shadowy student sitting behind Bronson. https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... e-rebound/

Also, Also - when in doubt ~ PETA.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Frank

Post by Frank »

Gbr23 wrote:An actual answer from Kitsune! That’s rare
Eddie Valiant: You mean to tell me you could've been straightforward at any time?
Roger Rabbit: Well, no, not any time, only when it was funny!
fenrirblack wrote:It's time for Housepet's Clue Edition

You know, I never understood the clue logo
and there's some obvious characters missing there: Lois has to have parents, for example and they may dislike Marion enough. There has to be more people at that school. There may be more behind Keene's near-drowning. etc.
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Frank wrote:
Gbr23 wrote:An actual answer from Kitsune! That’s rare
Eddie Valiant: You mean to tell me you could've been straightforward at any time?
Roger Rabbit: Well, no, not any time, only when it was funny!
fenrirblack wrote:It's time for Housepet's Clue Edition

You know, I never understood the clue logo
and there's some obvious characters missing there: Lois has to have parents, for example and they may dislike Marion enough. There has to be more people at that school. There may be more behind Keene's near-drowning. etc.
Whose to say also that the school has students that want to be apart of PETA?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

fenrirblack wrote:Next step for Housepets! Clue: let's break down our options. Who had the means and the motives? (Please note that most of these are just silly and for laughs) Months of theories have led to this.

Bronson in his Bedroom with a Curse he found online: A scheme to get Marion out of the way so to swoop in and take Lois for his own. It wouldn't take a genius just someone lonely, bored, and with access to television and the internet. He could have been watching the Princess and the Frog one night on Disney Channel. Anyway, once Lois rejected him for the hundredth time, he deployed a fail safe. Curse her so that she would have to date him to change back.

Steward in the Treehouse with Coin: I've made his reasons abundantly clear and so has everyone else.

Keene in his House with his Father's Notes: His act that he didn't know about Marion curse was a decoy and he secretly does plan to turn everyone into animals and he is secretly an expert liar.

Lana in the Manor with an Ancient Relic recovered by Henry Milton: She too plans to boost the ECP and out shine her brother by turning humans into animals.

Thomas in the Zoo with the Knowledge gain from the Temple: Revenge on the Ferrets. He plans to create a huge PR fiasco that will ruin them.

Mrs. McGillicuddy in her Basement with her Spellbook: She's a witch and an animal lover. Revenge on Marion and the rest of the neighborhood for years of abuse.

Mr. Porter in the Basement of the Video Palace with the Arcane Ritual: He's evil and Marion's teacher. He's an evil teacher.

Pete and Dragon in the Treehouse with their lingering knowledge of magic: I don't know maybe

Kitsune in King's Closet with his Celestial powers: He didn't say he didn't do it.

Tarot in her House with her leftover Magic powers: She just snapped. Honestly we should have seen it coming.

Eudoant in Pandemonium with his Demonic Power: Part of an elaborate scheme for revenge of Keene and to bring Keene back to Hell forever. It would be a good way to tie Pandemonium to the story.

Dino-Demon in the Wind with his demonic powers: He's an agent of chaos.

dr_eirik wrote:

With Mrs. McGillicuddy, I would say it's some time of revenge scheme for something Marion did as a small child or Marion was a unwilling target due to their past relationship. Once Lois started asking questions, she had to be silenced or she was another unwilling victim. This could be a test run of something far more sinister.
If it WAS Tarot, then that would be one heck of a twist.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cody and Trinket with the coin (at Thomas' or Steward's bidding) or another coin (as part of an impractical con).
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Why is he so much funnier when he is blunt and direct? :mrgreen:
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

If Kitsune knows that, then undoubtedly he knows who.

I don't see him saying that unless he intended to tell them who.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Macsen wrote:If Kitsune knows that, then undoubtedly he knows who.

Oh, he knows........ HE KNOOOOOOOOOOWS !!
And we're back to strangling Keene ........
Frank

Post by Frank »

SeanWolf wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Next step for Housepets! Clue: let's break down our options. Who had the means and the motives? (Please note that most of these are just silly and for laughs) Months of theories have led to this.
Well, she did want her original powers back, it could be she found a way and can't control them yet

I honestly don't think he will because either
  1. He literally can't (he knows but there's some magick preventing him from revealing it)
  2. They have to find out on their own (What kind of quest would it be if he just gave them the answer?)
  3. They have a lantern
HundKatzeMaus wrote:Why is he so much funnier when he is blunt and direct? :mrgreen:
A master storyteller will spend years setting up character traits, so when he subverts them, it works
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Frank wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:
Well, she did want her original powers back, it could be she found a way and can't control them yet
That always bugged me about her: It seemed that she isn't happy unless she knows exactly what's going to happen three minutes from now.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Frank wrote:

I honestly don't think he will because either
  1. He literally can't (he knows but there's some magick preventing him from revealing it)
  2. They have to find out on their own (What kind of quest would it be if he just gave them the answer?)
  3. They have a lantern
Or he DOESN'T know who or why but can detect the curse itself?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Actually, by your logic, narc squirrel is the culprit

Considering he actually looks serious for just a moment in the last panel... I feel the fox kits have a chance of being involved.