2019/12/06 - My Eyes Have Seen the Glory

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Amazee Dayzee

Re: 2019/12/06 - My Eyes Have Seen the Glory

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That could be one explanation. I honestly didn't think of that! I guess we will have to see.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:That could be one explanation. I honestly didn't think of that! I guess we will have to see.
I thinkits unlikely given that there's been no previous interaction with such a being in the comic... its just that its a possibility.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It might be unlikely but it still is a possibility no matter how low of one it is. ;)
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Now I am quite intrigued about their being an evil version of Kitsune in the comic that is the nogitsune. I do want to see what it would be like if he showed up in the comic. But at the same time I'm terrified because if he is as powerful and omnipresent as Kitsune but an evil version I'm afraid of what he might do. :?
If there is a evil version of Kitsune, some reason I imagine them as Marvel's Loki (which makes me want a scene where Cerberus Hulk-Smashes them ala the first Avengers movie :lol: )
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wouldn't mind seeing a scene like that myself. :mrgreen:
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

Wait, if there is a evil kitsune,

Does that mean there is a evil equivalent to bahamut, aka tiamat? She too has two drastic different forms. One "gamers" would know, and a much more beautiful, yet vicious looking one, in the fact it's a beautiful women with a snake tail bottom half that looks like it is made up of a bunch of snake tails made out of glistening, and shiny salt water, and she is said to be the primal ocean, sometimes regarded as space itself, so pretty big, if not, BIGGER than the whale form.

BUT......

Don't see HER responsible for this, just like bahamut never directly interacts with mortals, except that one time with king...

Also, I would like to cerberus again, because why not? Why not check up on those she delivered to the mortal realm? :lol:
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

Wonder what Lester's reaction would have been-- Been there, done that, rented the anime Subbed, not Dubbed!
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

ZAR22 wrote:Wait, if there is a evil kitsune,

Don't see HER responsible for this, just like bahamut never directly interacts with mortals, except that one time with king...

Also, I would like to cerberus again, because why not? Why not check up on those she delivered to the mortal realm? :lol:

Maybe if we're really really nice Rick will regale us with the tale of how WW2 resulted from an incident of Pete accidentally kissing the wrong Cerb head.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Or Kitsune will dramatize it at the Wolves' Christmas party. Considering how long Pete and Cerb were dating, they're probably responsible for all kinds of historical upheaval.
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Kitsune's true form is truly stunning, but something tells me that even with the ability to turn himself into that, he won't be able to change Marion & Lois back. There's 7 strips left in the arc before the timeskip. My guess is that it's going to be a back-and-forth with M&L asking Kitsune the full rigamarole of questions, some possible revelations (but with no major confronting-the-antagonist stuff), and getting the bobcat and squirrel through graduation and working toward something that makes them happy.

My guess: Kitsune is going to reveal that he needed a couple of pieces for the another round of the Game, and Marion & Lois just so happened to fit the bill for that, and he promises them a boon at the end of it. M&L get posted up in the new ECP boarding house that King mentioned, which has a mix of predator and prey species, and coach them on the ins and outs of human society, with Keene returning the favor by paying their tuition to take online classes from top-level colleges. The Christmas timeskip involves Lois & Marion at a holiday party with their new housemates as well as King's family, the The Wolf family, and maybe more.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But would Kitsune be the type of demigod to transform unwilling people into animals so he can have pieces in the game? For some reason, I feel like only Pete is a big enough jerk to do that.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:But would Kitsune be the type of demigod to transform unwilling people into animals so he can have pieces in the game? For some reason, I feel like only Pete is a big enough jerk to do that.
I'm pretty sure Kitsune wouldn't do that as he doesn't seem to be the type of demigod to do that, as you said. Right now, it seems there are a few logical theories:

1. The Cursed Coin Theory

2. Another Celestial/"Evil Kitsune" Theory

3. The Keene Theory (He's behind the transformations somehow)

4. The Dino-Demon Theory
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Ash Greytree wrote:Kitsune's true form is truly stunning, but something tells me that even with the ability to turn himself into that, he won't be able to change Marion & Lois back. There's 7 strips left in the arc before the timeskip. My guess is that it's going to be a back-and-forth with M&L asking Kitsune the full rigamarole of questions, some possible revelations (but with no major confronting-the-antagonist stuff), and getting the bobcat and squirrel through graduation and working toward something that makes them happy.

My guess: Kitsune is going to reveal that he needed a couple of pieces for the another round of the Game, and Marion & Lois just so happened to fit the bill for that, and he promises them a boon at the end of it. M&L get posted up in the new ECP boarding house that King mentioned, which has a mix of predator and prey species, and coach them on the ins and outs of human society, with Keene returning the favor by paying their tuition to take online classes from top-level colleges. The Christmas timeskip involves Lois & Marion at a holiday party with their new housemates as well as King's family, the The Wolf family, and maybe more.
Wait, there's going to be a time skip?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This is the first that I have heard of it also. I thought that by Christmas the arc was gonna be completely over with both Marion and Lois returning back to normal.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Ash Greytree wrote:Kitsune's true form is truly stunning, but something tells me that even with the ability to turn himself into that, he won't be able to change Marion & Lois back. There's 7 strips left in the arc before the timeskip. My guess is that it's going to be a back-and-forth with M&L asking Kitsune the full rigamarole of questions, some possible revelations (but with no major confronting-the-antagonist stuff), and getting the bobcat and squirrel through graduation and working toward something that makes them happy.

Wait, there's going to be a time skip?
As Bugs Bunny used to say, "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, could be."
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Ash Greytree wrote:My guess: Kitsune is going to reveal that he needed a couple of pieces for the another round of the Game, and Marion & Lois just so happened to fit the bill for that, and he promises them a boon at the end of it.
That of course begs the question why would he choose them instead of two animals that were born as a squirrel and a bobcat. Also, in the game you only have one avitar at a time. It would be premature to already have an apprentice.
Gameb18oy wrote:Wait, there's going to be a time skip?
Rick Griffin said so on his Twitter. Ash Greytree even brought it up a few weeks ago.
The cape comes with the promotion.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Champion Wallace wrote:
Ash Greytree wrote:My guess: Kitsune is going to reveal that he needed a couple of pieces for the another round of the Game, and Marion & Lois just so happened to fit the bill for that, and he promises them a boon at the end of it.
That of course begs the question why would he choose them instead of two animals that were born as a squirrel and a bobcat. Also, in the game you only have one avitar at a time. It would be premature to already have an apprentice.
Wouldn't number of avatars allowed depend on the house rules?
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

If you take house rules into account then anything is possible and if anything is possible they you can't make meaningful predictions. If we take what we know about the game, we know the species clause and PvP was non-standard, but other games still have a multitude of class options but you can only have one avatar at once. When in doubt, look to D&D. In that you can occasionally, have an animal companion or such, but the only time you'll really be playing two characters is when you're also playing someone else's character because the player couldn't make it to that session.
The cape comes with the promotion.
VeryAngryDeer

Post by VeryAngryDeer »

Champion Wallace wrote:If you take house rules into account then anything is possible and if anything is possible they you can't make meaningful predictions. If we take what we know about the game, we know the species clause and PvP was non-standard, but other games still have a multitude of class options but you can only have one avatar at once. When in doubt, look to D&D. In that you can occasionally, have an animal companion or such, but the only time you'll really be playing two characters is when you're also playing someone else's character because the player couldn't make it to that session.
alrighty then
Argent

Post by Argent »

Champion Wallace wrote:When in doubt, look to D&D. In that you can occasionally, have an animal companion or such, but the only time you'll really be playing two characters is when you're also playing someone else's character because the player couldn't make it to that session.
I have played D&D since it was the three softcover books in a cardboard box, and we've had people playing multiple characters especially in distributed sessions where there were more than two main arenas. If you're playing in storytelling mode instead of rules lawyer/minimax mode it's kind of natural.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If I could understand D&D enough to play just ONE character I doubt I would be able to keep track of two since I am incapable of doing two complex tasks.
SerperiorMew

Post by SerperiorMew »

NO NO NO, that's okay! Put it back!
Squirrels using the way of the Double Entendre on the Great Kitsune? Eh, seems legit. I still can't get over the "phone call" scene with the kitsune and the griffon XD
To be able to see both the good and the bad while still retaining hope, that is what we need to strive to do in everyday life above all else. Live, learn, laugh and roll with the punches.

-SerperiorMew
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

I think Kitsune's true form looks great.
...but I kinda like his normal form better. It's cute. ^^
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Personally I think they both look totally adorable but if I want Kitsune to visit my house, he needs his smaller form to fit. I'm not trying to turn my house into an anomaly of the space-time continuum now or give everybody who lives here heart attacks.
ZAR22

Post by ZAR22 »

Startrekfan47 wrote:

Maybe if we're really really nice Rick will regale us with the tale of how WW2 resulted from an incident of Pete accidentally kissing the wrong Cerb head.
I don't think it matters which head he kisses, right? I mean they ARE all the Same person, and if demigods in this world have no set form, why would she get mad at that? He would still be kissing her. And how does she know the EXACT amount of years they dated? I thought all demigods had no concept of time in heaven.
NHWestoN wrote:Or Kitsune will dramatize it at the Wolves' Christmas party. Considering how long Pete and Cerb were dating, they're probably responsible for all kinds of historical upheaval.
I some how doubt SHE would be responsible for anything directly like we have seen with the griffin, as she seems to never get direct with mortals, unless their soul has been tampered with by direct communications with demigods, like pete.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Cerberus seems to be someone who is dedicated to her job of transporting pets to the next life and helping them adjust to being dead rather than interfering in anything that happened in history nor would I think she would let her emotions impact that course of the world negatively so I'm pretty sure any historical tragedies that happened had nothing to do with her.
House42

Post by House42 »

Is this a reference to the first Percy Jackson movie? Because it certainly feels like a Lighting Thief reference when Hades goes from being Steve Coogan to Satan at the drop of a hat