Non-HPU: Jade Star Academy

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: Non-HPU: Jade Star Academy

Post by Deske »

"Huh, might be something I'll have to look up, or just ask at a later t-" He was cut off as his world exploded into light. "Gah!" Thomas let out a small shout as his eyes, being built for the night and nearly at their limit in the day, burned in the split second it took him to bring a handpaw up to shield them and duck his head away from the scene. He squinted and slowly raised his head as they adjusted to watch the display unfold before him, eyes fixed on the child of man and lightning. "He's been hiding that... This whole time?..." Thomas muttered. "Is this what that crackling was earlier?" Though he was still a little worried about the amount of lightning he saw, he was pretty sure that he wouldn't die from it and that the circle would keep it contained. What concerned him more was the sinking into the portal part, but as it slowed and stopped and David finally stopped shooting off lightning like an overactive thunderstorm, he was pretty sure he understood what kind of lesson it was that the snake ethereal had mentioned. Thomas chuckled slightly, oddly happy for him even though he barely knew him.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Gael wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:02 pmSnow puts a hand on Scien’s shoulder or at least as “On Scien’s shoulder” as he can get it partially to calm himself down a bit, and partially as a way to let her know that he’s here if she needs him. He’s scared too but he’s not about to let himself completely rely on other people to protect him without being able to be there for them too
Had snow not reciprocated the gesture nothing would have happened, but, for a moment that desire to protect eachother seems strangely intense, and the two slightly more tangible to one another. wouldn't be the first time somone's made a connection accidentaly. Scien hasn't noticed.

----

David's response is a rather toothy grin. "someone's gotta teach you the basics, pup." the canine says with a laugh, violet eyes glinting in the light from the portal.
David would probably notice the pull is fading, letting him float back to the surface until he's only ankle deep like the rest have been. the icy canine still being eye level with him despite being on all fours the entire time.

----
Roarin wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:22 amThe wolf let out a soft sigh through his nose before turning to Kass. "Has anything like this happened before? Is there a way to stop him from... discharging or being all... electric?"
the serpent, having overheard this question rolls her eyes and interrupts with, "Can your partner stop form from transmuting into metal dust?"
Deske wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:16 pm "Huh, might be something I'll have to look up, or just ask at a later t-" He was cut off as his world exploded into light. "Gah!" Thomas let out a small shout as his eyes, being built for the night and nearly at their limit in the day, burned in the split second it took him to bring a handpaw up to shield them and duck his head away from the scene. He squinted and slowly raised his head as they adjusted to watch the display unfold before him, eyes fixed on the child of man and lightning. "He's been hiding that... This whole time?..." Thomas muttered. "Is this what that crackling was earlier?" Though he was still a little worried about the amount of lightning he saw, he was pretty sure that he wouldn't die from it and that the circle would keep it contained. What concerned him more was the sinking into the portal part, but as it slowed and stopped and David finally stopped shooting off lightning like an overactive thunderstorm, he was pretty sure he understood what kind of lesson it was that the snake ethereal had mentioned. Thomas chuckled slightly, oddly happy for him even though he barely knew him.
"Something funny?"
Last edited by Buster on Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Thomas glanced down at the snake, "Not in the traditional sense, no. I guess I'm just happy that he figured out how to control his other half." He stooped to pick up the pen he'd dropped when he shielded his eyes. "It's a pretty big milestone," Thomas continued, "Speaking from experience."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:59 am David's response is a rather toothy grin. "someone's gotta teach you the basics, pup." the canine says with a laugh, violet eyes glinting in the light from the portal.
David would probably notice the pull is fading, letting him float back to the surface until he's only ankle deep like the rest have been. the icy canine still being eye level with him despite being on all fours the entire time.
David nodded, smiling for the first time in a while. "Then I'm happy to have you as my partner," he said.

David could sense something had changed. Perhaps he was looking for it, perhaps it was because of his unique relationship with magic, but he could tell that he had bonded with the ice etherial. The human stepped up and walked out of the portal with a newfound confidence. He wasn't sure how long the confidence would last, but he felt good. He turned to his new partner. "Come on! I'll introduce you to Kass!"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Deske wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:31 pmThomas glanced down at the snake, "Not in the traditional sense, no. I guess I'm just happy that he figured out how to control his other half." He stooped to pick up the pen he'd dropped when he shielded his eyes. "It's a pretty big milestone," Thomas continued, "Speaking from experience."
looking back at him, the serpent gives Thomas a currious smile. "Now that, sounds like an interesting Story."

- - - - -
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:35 pmDavid could sense something had changed. Perhaps he was looking for it, perhaps it was because of his unique relationship with magic, but he could tell that he had bonded with the ice etherial. The human stepped up and walked out of the portal with a newfound confidence. He wasn't sure how long the confidence would last, but he felt good. He turned to his new partner. "Come on! I'll introduce you to Kass!"
There are whispers from one of the teachers about 'a showoff picking a showoff' but the mood has calmed significantly now that the light show is over.
"You can call me Tempest by the way." His new partner says as she walks along side him out of the circle. Shaking her fur as if it's wet and getting snow all over david. "It's aparently a outsider word, but my last partner thought it fitting."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Gael

Post by Gael »

Buster wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:59 am Had snow not reciprocated the gesture nothing would have happened, but, for a moment that desire to protect eachother seems strangely intense, and the two slightly more tangible to one another. wouldn't be the first time somone's made a connection accidentaly. Scien hasn't noticed.
Snow is focused watching the ethereals and thus hasn’t really noticed either. He seems to be less nervous though
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:12 pm There are whispers from one of the teachers about 'a showoff picking a showoff' but the mood has calmed significantly now that the light show is over.
"You can call me Tempest by the way." His new partner says as she walks along side him out of the circle. Shaking her fur as if it's wet and getting snow all over david. "It's aparently a outsider word, but my last partner thought it fitting."
"It means 'storm' but usually a rough coastal one." David confirmed. "It's also the name of a hero from the place I come from. A world-class water manipulator, able to pull comets out of space or generate hurricanes with... her..." He paused, realizing Tempest's height, especially compared to the other Etherials. "...You're really big." he finally acknowledged.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Thomas sighed under his breath, "It's a story, I'll give you that." He put the finishing touches on the sketch he'd made of David in the ethereal plane. "Perhaps we'll have more to catch up tonight. I still need to find their alchemy laboratory here..." Thomas finished, starting a new sketch on David's ethereal before pausing and quickly packing away his pen and notebook. "Best congratulate him though, yeah?" He said with a grin and started towards David.