2019/03/11 - Not A Problem

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/03/11 - Not A Problem

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/03/11 - Not A Problem]
Title Text: there's nothing wrong with coasting on total disregard for the outcome of your decisions, otherwise nobody would get married

This is fine.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gbr23

Re: 2019/03/11 - Not A Problem

Post by Gbr23 »

Oh come on! Things have clicked from time to time... occasionally
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I love Peanut. Also, that's one way to make your point. Also also, it seems like Tarot might try to improve her relationship with Peanut in this arc. I hope her character gets some development.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Okay seriously. I was expecting some resistance and Tarot agrees (sort of). Who knew she was this self aware? But on the other hand, you’ve been dating for almost ten years and you’re just now realizing that A. Peanut is this oblivious and B. That your relationship was incompatible from the start.

Is it me or is Peanut getting worse?
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

So everyone in the comic seems to acknowledge this really isn't working out, except Peanut of course. This could still go either way right now.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Unnnnnnnnncomfortable...........
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

This is actually why I was reading their relationship as one that worked well. Peanut's game for anything, and Tarot's a take charge type who's fine with making decisions. There's a healthy way for this kind of relationship to work, so without any insight into their relationship that couldn't be read both ways, I just assumed things were working out. It seems this may not be the case. So now I'm excited to dive in and see what comes out :D
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

The fact that everyone can sense a problem (except for Peanut) is really saying something about their relationship.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

One of two things may happen in this arc; 1) Peanut and Tarot will break up, or 2) They're relationship will improve somewhat.
Allons-y
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

My prediction will be something will happen that forces them to examine their relationship and right before you think they are going to make it work and be better than ever, Tarot breaks up with Peanut after coming to the conclusion that they are either incompatible or that the relationship is going nowhere and it would be better to end it now than break Peanut’s heart down the road. In other words by the end of this one way or another they are going to break up.

Then we focus on breaking up Max and Grape....

Hang on Tarot’s name tag is missing from the page.
jonas

Post by jonas »

I knew Peanut was happy-go-lucky, but...yikes. o_O;
bjchan95

Post by bjchan95 »

HP! Forum: Rick, do you get the sense that the relationship between Tarot and Peanut is kinda...off?

Rick: What's wrong with it? They seem fine to me.

HP! Forum: That's because all the relationships seem fine to you.

Rick: How's that a problem?

HP! Forum: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... f=2&t=4606

Rick: I see...
Last edited by bjchan95 on Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm very active on the Housepets! wikia, I've created a lot of articles and help keep it up-to-date! Come and help support us! http://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Tonight the part of a section of the fanbase will be played by Grape and Max.
9.5 years seems to be a long time to date someone without creating meaningful relationships. Then again, it's not like [Peanut] stop[ed] thinking of Tarot either . . .
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:Tonight the part of a section of the fanbase will be played by Grape and Max.
9.5 years seems to be a long time to date someone without creating meaningful relationships. Then again, it's not like [Peanut] stop[ed] thinking of Tarot either . . .
Ahhh, to be young and in love. Such moments are ever fleeting. The spark is gone and now there is nothing left but the embers of what once was.

I think the only reason Max and Grape are together after all this time is that there is a deeper level of understanding between the two.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Tarot's face in panel #1 speaks volumes. She knows there's something wrong but doesn't want to admit it. There's fear all over that face.

Today we see the face beneath the fur
and it’s really looking quite concerning
as the Cats lay it out for her straight;
this love isn’t what she’s been yearning.
Desperation kicks in to defend her,
looking to rationalise Peanut’s way
but Grape and Max have ways to show the lady
that his mind is best described as ‘at play’.
Tarot begins to see the truth of things
but one thing in this really remains clear;
in all her time, with Dragons and demons,
This is the first time we’ve seen Tarot’s fear.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Wow...okay I knew Tarot was the one leading this relationship, but I didn't knew Peanut was THAT apathic in their relationship :o

But it's now that they realised how socially awkward Tarot and Peanut are at time.
So there is the thing that binds them together :mrgreen:
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

I hope the Peanut/Tarot relationship isn't gonna end. I find it pretty cute!

Beside that, the joke is pretty funny in itself.
But... more than that, it's legitimately worrying.
Peanut is told that his sister/best friend and his love interest are going to DIE, and he's completely fine with that?? :shock:
I know some people said that he has ADHD or something, but... is he actually insane?
Or is it that he just doesn't pay ANY attention to the activities suggested to him, and whenever he hears things like "we're gonna", just instantly thinks "it's an activity they wanna do, then fine, let's do it!"?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Alright, so here we go. Things are getting super interesting when Grape and Max are trying to help them. Good or bad.

I still suspect there is a hidden aspect to their relation we haven't seen before, but something tells me Grape is going to give their relationship a test so to see if Tarot and Peanut are as committed to one another as they say.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Dancing.Lion

Post by Dancing.Lion »

I had to... sorry xD
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

I'm glad to see Tarot's taken their advise so well so far. I thought sparks were gonna fly. But clearly she knows this relationship isn't working and is willing to think seriously about it. I hate to place the blame on anyone, but Peanut... ya gotta start caring. Consequences may be close...
Argent

Post by Argent »

Champion Wallace wrote:9.5 years seems to be a long time to date someone without creating meaningful relationships.
What's that in HP! Dog Years?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I kinda wonder if Peanut had another of his hemp treats as while he’s always a little oblivious to stuff happening around him... what Grape suggested seems like something under normal circumstances he’d at least show he knows what they are talking about. Though to be fair to him, they literally have a seen stranger things and some of that was implied to be off panel dimension hopping with Tarot
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Maybe he's saying "Awesome." because he looked up and saw Grape and Tarot without collars.

I sure Tarot already knew this, Peanut was never bothered by anything that happened in any of the past arcs, time travel included. This should not be new to anyone.

Honestly, what I'd like to see, is after everyone else has their say, Peanut sets them straight about his feelings for Tarot. In the "Temple Crashers II" he told her it hurt to be left behind. You can't be hurt without at least base level feelings for each other.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

TeflonCougar wrote:Maybe he's saying "Awesome." because he looked up and saw Grape and Tarot without collars.

I sure Tarot already knew this, Peanut was never bothered by anything that happened in any of the past arcs, time travel included. This should not be new to anyone.

Honestly, what I'd like to see, is after everyone else has their say, Peanut sets them straight about his feelings for Tarot. In the "Temple Crashers II" he told her it hurt to be left behind. You can't be hurt without at least base level feelings for each other.
I think that’s the issue... Peanut’s like that with everyone, with the exception of maybe Bino, but those two rarely interact. That being said, if this is the breakup arc, I hope fans of the comic can accept that. I don’t think want Rick getting hate for this, heck considering what Peanut is like, there’s a strong chance he’ll be just as nice to Tarot as a friend as he was as a boyfriend
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gameb18oy wrote:I think that’s the issue... Peanut’s like that with everyone, with the exception of maybe Bino, but those two rarely interact. That being said, if this is the breakup arc, I hope fans of the comic can accept that. I don’t think want Rick getting hate for this, heck considering what Peanut is like, there’s a strong chance he’ll be just as nice to Tarot as a friend as he was as a boyfriend
I'm leaning towards it being not a break-up arc, but i won't deny it's possible, either. I hope not :(

I'm actually looking at it as a "Let's get serious" arc to their relation.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

GameCobra wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:I think that’s the issue... Peanut’s like that with everyone, with the exception of maybe Bino, but those two rarely interact. That being said, if this is the breakup arc, I hope fans of the comic can accept that. I don’t think want Rick getting hate for this, heck considering what Peanut is like, there’s a strong chance he’ll be just as nice to Tarot as a friend as he was as a boyfriend
I'm leaning towards it being not a break-up arc, but i won't deny it's possible, either. I hope not :(

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... o-romance/ the only important part is the last bit
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gameb18oy wrote:
GameCobra wrote:

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... o-romance/ the only important part is the last bit
Not unless Tarot has that written into one of her scheduled plans =P
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Soerix wrote:Peanut is told that his sister/best friend and his love interest are going to DIE, and he's completely fine with that??
I know some people said that he has ADHD or something, but... is he actually insane?
Or is it that he just doesn't pay ANY attention to the activities suggested to him, and whenever he hears things like "we're gonna", just instantly thinks "it's an activity they wanna do, then fine, let's do it!"?
Peanut is more than capable of recognizing hyperbole. I'm pretty sure he knows she's not being serious and is just playing along like he always does, which is her point.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

jonas wrote:I knew Peanut was happy-go-lucky, but...yikes. o_O;
Honestly, I am getting worried for many reasons. One is that Tarot may break up with Peanut, since we had gone through This for a very Long time, and Then it gets tossed off the rails for... Reasons.

Two is that only now have they realized that something is wrong with Peanut, and noone had decided to check. I mean, One of Peanut's Spot comics literally Ends with Spot setting fire to Santa's workshop, with the elves still inside and screaming in agony.

Even Grape was put off by it, Which tells me that it Wasn't exactly an Old problem, but something new.

I Keep having the thought that there may have been some unintentional side-effects from being an unprotected Mortal like Peanut, gallivanting across the Void with Tarot. Peanut mentioned during GALLIFRAX PROTOCOL that taking such Trips with Tarot was nothing new, and he doesn't have the advantage of having Avatar status.

Not blaming anyone here, just saying that prolonged travel across the Void on Non-Avatars would have had Bad side-effects, and Peanut was One of few who went beyond such a safe limit.

Add in the Joke of him drawing the image of Spot burning Elves in Santa's workshop, and I am wondering if a Man in the Wall hasn't started Rapping and Tapping away at him...
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

John-056 wrote:
jonas wrote:I knew Peanut was happy-go-lucky, but...yikes. o_O;
Honestly, I am getting worried for many reasons. One is that Tarot may break up with Peanut, since we had gone through This for a very Long time, and Then it gets tossed off the rails for... Reasons.

Two is that only now have they realized that something is wrong with Peanut, and noone had decided to check. I mean, One of Peanut's Spot comics literally Ends with Spot setting fire to Santa's workshop, with the elves still inside and screaming in agony.

Even Grape was put off by it, Which tells me that it Wasn't exactly an Old problem, but something new.

I Keep having the thought that there may have been some unintentional side-effects from being an unprotected Mortal like Peanut, gallivanting across the Void with Tarot. Peanut mentioned during GALLIFRAX PROTOCOL that taking such Trips with Tarot was nothing new, and he doesn't have the advantage of having Avatar status.

Not blaming anyone here, just saying that prolonged travel across the Void on Non-Avatars would have had Bad side-effects, and Peanut was One of few who went beyond such a safe limit.

Add in the Joke of him drawing the image of Spot burning Elves in Santa's workshop, and I am wondering if a Man in the Wall hasn't started Rapping and Tapping away at him...
This is something I've been thinking about recently in regards to Peanut: Maybe he secretly knows that not everything is fine and dandy and he lies to himself by making himself this happy-go-lucky dog without a care in the world and doesn't let everything bother/phase him in the slightest. Same time, his Spot comics could be his way of dealing with these events and Spot, himself, is an avatar of himself and how he would deal with said issues. I dunno but for some reason a certain line from Terry Pratchett's book 'Hogfather' comes to my mind every time I see Peanut lately and I could be misinterpreting these lines but I feel they best describes Peanut: 'Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape...You have to start out believing the little lies.' I could just be reading into him too deeply but it's something that I was thinking about recently.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Oh Spot’s always been an avatar for Peanut, are you forgetting why his girlfriend was a cat in the first place? That being said, I’ve never thought about it... but it be a weird thing to find out that at least a little bit of Peanut’s happy-go-lucky personality has been forced. I wouldn’t be surprised to find that out though, a dog that smart I refuse to think isn’t effected by what goes on around him
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Yup, if Tarot’s going to have a pet (let alone a boyfriend), she’s gotta learn to take proper care of him. :P

Also, I can overlook it this time, but don’t neglect to color the dog noses in the future, Rick. ;)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Douglas Collier wrote:Yup, if Tarot’s going to have a pet (let alone a boyfriend), she’s gotta learn to take proper care of him. :P

Also, I can overlook it this time, but don’t neglect to color the dog noses in the future, Rick. ;)
What are you talking about in that last line? You being literal or this a metaphor I’ve missed before now
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Literal. Their noses match the background color.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Sansash

Post by Sansash »

Title Text: there's nothing wrong with coasting on total disregard for the outcome of your decisions...
Oh my, this commentary sounds dangerously...
...otherwise nobody would get married
Ah... Nice save, Rick
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

This is disconcerting. I didn't think that Peanut was THAT gullible. :|
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Soerix wrote: Beside that, the joke is pretty funny in itself.
Peanut is told that his sister/best friend and his love interest are going to DIE, and he's completely fine with that?? :shock:
I feel like something like this has happened before. Part of me wonders if Peanut is listening at all or is his brain interpreting things differently so he doesn't understand the full scope of what is happening.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

And you don't, Max. ;) Good question, Grape, and Tarot should really realize that it can't go like that for long... :roll: Eheheh, Peanut really seems to don't realize what his best friends are asking him. :P It has been a perfect example question, Grape. :D You really want to see them do a such bad death? :P Meh, finally Tarot realizes that. I guess now she'll do something good (and maybe also magic) for her boyfriend. ;)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Soerix wrote: Beside that, the joke is pretty funny in itself.
I feel like something like this has happened before. Part of me wonders if Peanut is listening at all or is his brain interpreting things differently so he doesn't understand the full scope of what is happening.
Honestly, wouldn’t be out of character if he wasn’t listening closely. This fact plus the hemp treats the Sandwiches apparently are giving him clearly being a medication parallel kinda make it hard to believe Peanut doesn’t have ADHD. As I personally have it... I will admit there’s some meat to that theory if Rick ever wants to confirm or deny it
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Cesco wrote:And you don't, Max. ;) Good question, Grape, and Tarot should really realize that it can't go like that for long... :roll:
Panel #1. She HAS realised. She just can't admit it to herself.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)