HPU: HousepetZ: Survivors United OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: HPU: HousepetZ: Survivors United OOC

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:Updated.
it's literally the exact same character, only this time nobody can whine about her terrible charisma stat (she's still going to be antisocial tho.)
Again, I have no issue with that. Still, welcome to the RP!

*Edit: I did notice you have some points left-over (this RP is using a 50 point system), but it's honestly no big deal in this case :)
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Character Sheet:

Name: Mojhave
Talky Color: Sandy Brown (F4A460)
Animal: "Jackalope" (Black-tailed Jackrabbit)
Height:
Status (Survivor, Exotic, or Military): Exotic
Rank and Branch (ONLY if military):
Faction : "Deasert Rangers" ~ A faction of wanderers, started by former park rangers, who go out to scavange and protect. Mostly they go out to map out locations for other people to scavange and use later. Adds: +3 Perception +2 Agi, Access to a GPS Mapping Unit and radio.

Appearance: Mojave wears a red and blue headband which has two antlers sticking out, giving him the apearance of a Jackalope. He keeps a messanger bag constantly slung right above his tail with a bandolear of extras on his front. He keeps his gun on his hip, a .357 magnum revolver, blued with ivory handles.

He is mostly brown, with a lighter shade covering his tummy up to his tail. On the top of his tail he has a black patch. He mostly keeps his exessivly long ears down to avoid accessive attention, and to listen to music.

Background: Mojave was never a pet, but he was never truely feral either. When he was little he was cought in a trap, but instead of being taken by poachers he was taken in by a ranger station and returned to health. In the prosess he became facinated with video games, and catologing things. Over a year they tried to re-locate him back into the wild, but he refused, and they had to just give him a job.

He was out in a fire watch tower when the Z hit, he knows where all of them are and uses them as good stations. He loves to run around, and has often kept humans company to get access to tech and fun.

Personallity: Mojave is a silly charecter to a point, always wandering around and knowing he can get out of any situation with two twitches of his tail. He wanders around constantly, never staying in one place for very long, and will sometimes leave a conversation mid-flow because something distracted him.

He will often show up where things are happening. While he's not the best shot, he's incredably lucky with his aim and with his personal sidearm can handle himself in a fight. When it becomes nessary he can get serious, but will try to break the tension when it's palpable.

Other Notes: Yeah, he's basicaly a fallout protagonist. But I figure he works out pretty well everything considered. He's constantly got music running, maybe a radio. I think this works?

Special Skill: Wild Wasteland ~ Mojave experiances things that normal people would scoff at. Weather they are real or not is up to the listener to figure out, but he'll often bring back interesting things when finding new scavanging locations. (I figure this can translate into a small bonus to finding cool stuff in new locations. Idk how it can be implimented, but I figured I'd try.)

Stats:
Str: 4
Per: 4+3=7
End: 4
Cha: 8
Int: 6
Agi: 6+2=8
Luck: 10
Last edited by 22xander on Thu May 23, 2019 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

SeanWolf wrote:*Edit: I did notice you have some points left-over (this RP is using a 50 point system), but it's honestly no big deal in this case :)
wait seriously? you do realize thats enough to have all 7's and 8's once you factor in the bonus right? isn't that broken?

also to keep Cha and Int low, and not wind up with one of the stats being stupid high, or just 10s across the board, it would force me do something ridiculous like this:
Special Traits:
Preadator (Str+2 End+1 Agi+2)

Stats:
Str: 12 (10+2)
Per: 7
End: 11 (10+1)
Cha: 3
Int: 4
Agi: 12 (10+2)
Luck: 6
cause if i put charisma and int down to 2 & 3 i could have tens in all of the others alarmingly easily. that shouldn't happen.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

22xander wrote:Character Sheet:

Name: Mojhave
Talky Color: Sandy Brown (F4A460)
Animal: "Jackalope" (Black-tailed Jackrabbit)
Height:
Status (Survivor, Exotic, or Military): Exotic
Faction : "Deasert Rangers" ~ A faction of wanderers, started by former park rangers, who go out to scavange and protect. Mostly they go out to map out locations for other people to scavange and use later. Adds: +3 Perception +2 Agi, Access to a GPS Mapping Unit and radio.

Appearance: Mojave wears a red and blue headband which has two antlers sticking out, giving him the apearance of a Jackalope. He keeps a messanger bag constantly slung right above his tail with a bandolear of extras on his front. He keeps his gun on his hip, a .357 magnum revolver, blued with ivory handles.

He is mostly brown, with a lighter shade covering his tummy up to his tail. On the top of his tail he has a black patch. He mostly keeps his exessivly long ears down to avoid accessive attention, and to listen to music.

Background: Mojave was never a pet, but he was never truely feral either. When he was little he was cought in a trap, but instead of being taken by poachers he was taken in by a ranger station and returned to health. In the prosess he became facinated with video games, and catologing things. Over a year they tried to re-locate him back into the wild, but he refused, and they had to just give him a job.

He was out in a fire watch tower when the Z hit, he knows where all of them are and uses them as good stations. He loves to run around, and has often kept humans company to get access to tech and fun.

Personallity: Mojave is a silly charecter to a point, always wandering around and knowing he can get out of any situation with two twitches of his tail. He wanders around constantly, never staying in one place for very long, and will sometimes leave a conversation mid-flow because something distracted him.

He will often show up where things are happening. While he's not the best shot, he's incredably lucky with his aim and with his personal sidearm can handle himself in a fight. When it becomes nessary he can get serious, but will try to break the tension when it's palpable.

Other Notes: Yeah, he's basicaly a fallout protagonist. But I figure he works out pretty well everything considered. He's constantly got music running, maybe a radio. I think this works?

Special Skill: Wild Wasteland ~ Mojave experiances things that normal people would scoff at. Weather they are real or not is up to the listener to figure out, but he'll often bring back interesting things when finding new scavanging locations. (I figure this can translate into a small bonus to finding cool stuff in new locations. Idk how it can be implimented, but I figured I'd try.)

Stats:
Str: 4
Per: 6+3=9
End: 6
Cha: 8
Int: 8
Agi: 8+2=10
Everything checks out, though I'll be curious to see how you implement wild wasteland! With that, welcome to the RP!
Buster wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:*Edit: I did notice you have some points left-over (this RP is using a 50 point system), but it's honestly no big deal in this case :)
wait seriously? you do realize thats enough to have all 7's and 8's once you factor in the bonus right? isn't that broken?
I don't think so.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Sean, I think that might be a little bit broken if every character is able to have sevens and eights across the board, especially if we then get 5 more bonus points for being in a faction. Remember, a 10 is the highest a stat can go without literally being superhuman, which our characters are not.

If everyone is good at everything, it makes it more difficult to create a unique character and makes it so that working together is less necessary.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:Sean, I think that might be a little bit broken if every character is able to have sevens and eights across the board, especially if we then get 5 more bonus points for being in a faction. Remember, a 10 is the highest a stat can go without literally being superhuman, which our characters are not.

If everyone is good at everything, it makes it more difficult to create a unique character and makes it so that working together is less necessary.
Eh all right. I'll switch it back to 42.
22xander

Post by 22xander »

SeanWolf wrote:
CyberDragon wrote:Sean, I think that might be a little bit broken if every character is able to have sevens and eights across the board, especially if we then get 5 more bonus points for being in a faction. Remember, a 10 is the highest a stat can go without literally being superhuman, which our characters are not.

Eh all right. I'll switch it back to 42.
That is, if you don't want to impliment above 10 stats. I've played games where there is, and let me tell you, above 10 luck is fun X3
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Yes, but since every other rp in this forum uses a 1-10 point system, that could get confusing.
-Champion Motto

22xander

Post by 22xander »

CyberDragon wrote:Yes, but since every other rp in this forum uses a 1-10 point system, that could get confusing.
That's because their special system is based on the games, where it makes sense you can't go above 10 because that would be alot of programing for something that shouldn't mechanicaly happen. I have in the past used the pnp where above 10 specials are used for equipment bonuses. ^^

Well, fixed the charecter all around, should be good now and ready to go anytime soon.

I have a couple other ideas for charecters. One is a radio DJ, and if I have to stick with just two it'd be that, her main interaction with the world would just be radio transmissions unless someone came to find her XP.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

22xander wrote:
CyberDragon wrote:Yes, but since every other rp in this forum uses a 1-10 point system, that could get confusing.
That's because their special system is based on the games, where it makes sense you can't go above 10 because that would be alot of programing for something that shouldn't mechanicaly happen. I have in the past used the pnp where above 10 specials are used for equipment bonuses. ^^

Well, fixed the charecter all around, should be good now and ready to go anytime soon.

I have a couple other ideas for charecters. One is a radio DJ, and if I have to stick with just two it'd be that, her main interaction with the world would just be radio transmissions unless someone came to find her XP.
Well you can play as many characters as you feel comfortable with. As for the Radio DJ....I gotta ask...will they be a reference to Three Dog (*howls*)?
22xander

Post by 22xander »

SeanWolf wrote: Well you can play as many characters as you feel comfortable with. As for the Radio DJ....I gotta ask...will they be a reference to Three Dog (*howls*)?
Partialy, but more a reference to fallout DJs in general. A news personality who plays music, and generaly learns everything and can dispence exposition to make everything easier.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Name: Drake Blakesley
Talky Color: this
Animal: Husky
Height: 5'6"
Status (Survivor, Exotic, or Military):
Faction (Only if your character is part of one from the outset): MetalKnights

Appearance: Drake Blakesley is a rather large and strong husky, to the point where he's been mistaken for a Malamute on multiple occasions. Drake has a "dirty-faced" sandy copper color and pattern of fur. Most of his body is covered in a sandy tan color with a stripe of dark coper running down his back. His belly and chest are white, but unlike most huskies it doesn't reach his face. He wears a leather jacket over an old Skillet T-Shirt and padded cargo pants. Over his regular clothes, he wears a number of handmade spiked metal plates, including gauntlets made from scrap metal and razor blades attached to the back of elbow-length gloves with the fingers cut off. He found a functioning Raspberry Pi, cameras, sensors, and other electrical equipment once and made himself a pair of goggles with night and heat vision capabilities, target location algorithms, a heads-up display, and even a convenient zoom-and-enhance feature. And, of course, he has a pair of wires leading from behind his ears to a sort of node on the back of his head where his auditory implant is.

Drake carries around a modified electric guitar, and by "modified" I mean he's turned one end into a flamethrower and the other into a battleaxe. Half of the battleaxe is a standard razor sharp blade while the other half appears to have some kind of chainsaw blade. Drake has access to most of the vehicles and weapons at the MetalKnights' disposal, as he invented a lot of them. His favorite vehicle is an up-armored and modified sixteen-wheeler he's called the "Headbanger." This vehicle doubles as his favorite weapon as well. In it's shipping container is a "Speaker" system of his own design. Drake built it both to help him entertain the MetalKnights as well as to double as a sonic weapon. The "Headbanger" is named such because that speaker can send out directional sonic waves through the air at over 150 decibels. He can easily render entire groups of undead completely deaf by rupturing their eardrums at once, or blind them by setting the frequency to 19 hertz. If he needs an extra kick, he can turn it up even higher than that, but at that point it's not a sound so much as it is an explosion. As in, a literal explosion. The device can't handle going that high.

Background: Drake was born deaf, having no auditory nerves to send information about what he heard to his brain. Because of the rather unique nature of his hearing impairment, normal cochlear implants wouldn't work. Instead, he was given an experimental auditory brain stem implant to let him hear for the first time. Ever since then, he has been nearly obsessed with new sounds and the engineering that made it possible to hear them. Loud or soft, blatant or subtle, he doesn't care as long as it sounds good and gets him thinking. His mother got him his first electric guitar when he was four years old, and he quickly learned how to play just about any music he wanted to by ear alone. Before Z-Day, he lived with his human mother in what is now known as the "Dead Zone." Luckily, he and his mother survived, though they were separated by an undead hoard. Drake ended up hotwiring a truck and using it to escape to the wilderness. He was set upon by the undead when the first MetalKnights showed up and saved him. Impressed by his in-depth knowledge of engineering and his skill with music (the end of the world doesn't stop the need for entertainment) they took him in and helped train him. It wasn't long before the student became the master, and Drake became one of the MetalKnights' top engineers.

Personality: While you wouldn't know it from his huge muscles, up-armored gear, spike and blade covered trucks, or axe/flamethrower guitar, Drake is actually one of the most intelligent, calm, soft-spoken members of the MetalKnight faction. When he isn't fighting the undead, he can often be found quietly listening to music or reading a book. He's also definitely a nerd, though again you would not tell from a glance. He can fix a dead old computer in no time, can develop unique weaponry from scrap pieces, modify a camera to see in different light spectrums, and can come up with dozens of ideas on how to improve something by looking at it. He's good at probing defenses for weaknesses, and then fixing those weaknesses. When he was a child, he loved his mother greatly, and still hopes to one day find her again. In the meantime, he has other people to protect...

Other Notes: Drake carries around a modified electric guitar, and by "modified" I mean he's turned one end into a flamethrower and the other into a battleaxe. Half of the battleaxe is a standard razor sharp blade while the other half appears to have some kind of chainsaw blade. Drake has access to most of the vehicles and weapons at the MetalKnights' disposal, as he invented a lot of them. His favorite vehicle is an up-armored and modified sixteen-wheeler he's called the "Headbanger." This vehicle doubles as his favorite weapon as well. In it's shipping container is a "Speaker" system of his own design. Drake built it both to help him entertain the MetalKnights as well as to double as a sonic weapon. The "Headbanger" is named such because that speaker can send out directional sonic waves through the air at around 180 decibels, easily blowing out eardrums and causing massive damage. He can easily render entire groups of undead completely deaf by rupturing their eardrums at once, or blind them by setting the frequency to 19 hertz. Turning it up to it's maximum volume for long enough can cause groups of zombies to suffocate and die. If he needs an extra kick, he can turn it up even higher than that, but at that point it's not a sound so much as it is an explosion. As in, a literal explosion. The device can't handle going that high.

Special Skill: Soundproof (Specialized augmentations to self and to armor makes him immune to his own sound-based weapons.)

Stats:
Str: 5 + 5 = 10
Per: 3
End: 5
Cha: 7
Int: 10
Agi: 5
Luck: 7
So what do you think, Sean? A husky husky with a flamethrower axe guitar and a homemade sonic weapon in his truck interest you?
Last edited by CyberDragon on Mon May 27, 2019 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

VERY metal! Welcome to the world of Survivors United!...Oh, PLEASE, tell me the guitar was inspired by Mad Max :)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Oh, you KNOW it was inspired by the Mad Max flamethrower guitar guy. :D

Though for him, it's all practicality. The flamethrower is highly thorough and effective against the undead, as it kills everything in the zombie, including the virus itself. It's also a great weapon against groups of zombies as one burst of fire can light the whole group like a tinderbox. The axe has it's uses in material gathering as well as combat. The guitar is so reinforced it's rather heavy to swing, but he's really strong so that doesn't really matter.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:Oh, you KNOW it was inspired by the Mad Max flamethrower guitar guy. :D

Though for him, it's all practicality. The flamethrower is highly thorough and effective against the undead, as it kills everything in the zombie, including the virus itself. It's also a great weapon against groups of zombies as one burst of fire can light the whole group like a tinderbox. The axe has it's uses in material gathering as well as combat. The guitar is so reinforced it's rather heavy to swing, but he's really strong so that doesn't really matter.
*squees* *ahem* One question though: What powers the guitar?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

He has a rechargeable battery from a wrecked electric car in his backpack and a large generator in the Headbanger.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:He has a rechargeable battery from a wrecked electric car in his backpack and a large generator in the Headbanger.
OK, I was curious about that. Still, welcome to the RP!
22xander

Post by 22xander »

Does that mean we're close to starting?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I believe so. We have 5 players including the GM.
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

If that's all we need, then I'll get a thread ready (First arc will just be a simple one, getting everyone eased in)!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

You can ask me for advice any time if you aren't sure what to do, Seanwolf. Just so you know!
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Sure thing! Granted, I think the intro post for the RP will be a brief description and all heh
22xander

Post by 22xander »

I may try to make my second charecter soon. But idk what to make her.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Character Sheet:

Name: Sophie (minor, often found in or near mila's camp)
Speech Color: a nice blue-grey
Animal: Eastern Grey Kangaroo
Height: 5'10"

Appearance: grey both in her natural appearance and by age, sophie gives off a 'team mom' vibe, often feeling like she has to look out for the other two zoo escapees, she wears a fishing vest with currency and various medicines and supplies filling it's dozen pockets, that she'll trade if you have something she needs. she also helps Mila out with selling the extra from her hunts. she frequently carries around a 20 pounder sledgehammer she grabbed while she and charles were hiding in the local Build Mart Bulk Construction Supply Store, before meeting up with mila.

Background: born in captivity and raised by human handlers, sophie had spent her entire life as an entertainer, often times being let out of her pen to entertain the zoo's younger guests directly, an attraction for which the location was known. her happy peaceful life came crashing down the day one of said handlers came shuffling into her pen with a bleeding bite out of his shoulder and a deathly pallor on his face. finding charles cornered in the reptile house while looking for a weapon to defend herself with and dragging him along without thinking, she almost didn't make it out, her penmates being less lucky than her but buying her the time to get away. thankfully, a history of keeping tykes entertained bounding around and performing has not only made her the most social of the trio, but given her stamina that noticeably outstrips the other two, allowing her to keep from getting winded swinging that hammer around all the time.

Other Notes: Charles is the name of the 8ft long boa constrictor often seen draped over her shoulders, and will often help her fight, or help mila hunt, as long as he's given his share of the meat they keep a supply of. he sees it as a pretty comfy gig as while strong (as you'd expect from a constrictor), and clever, he's not fast enough to stay ahead of the shamblers on his own. they would have worn him down sooner or later had Sophie not picked him up.

Faction: Independent
Class: Trader
Special Traits:
I can do this all day (Endurance +5)
=Haggle
=Contacts

Stats:
Str: 7
Per: 7
End: 10 (5+5)
Cha: 9
Int: 4
Agi: 5
Luck: 4

(EDIT: Don't mind me, just fixing spelling errors.)
Last edited by Buster on Mon May 27, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

I like her and I do like the idea of Charles.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

if you're wondering, charles fights by coiling himself up like a spring before launching at a shambler's neck. wrapping around it, squeezing and pushing upward with his tail, until the head tears free of the shoulders.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Reminder to keep things within the forum ratings. Pretty sure explicit decapitation falls outside of that.

I'm working on my own post right now, but I'm really drained. I don't know if I'll have the energy to come up with anything.
I'll take a nap and see how I feel afterwards.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

considering what you need to do to get rid of zombies, it's kinda hard NOT do do that sort of thing. besides with what I've been able to have kol do elsewhere (crushed skulls, impalement, severing a forearm, trying to chainsaw off both of someone's arms, slitting a stealth trooper's throat, coming a few flaps of skin from beheading one of the hybrids, etc.) i'm pretty sure it's level of detail not type of injury that's important, and i'm being no more descriptive of the act or wounds than i would be with kol.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:considering what you need to do to get rid of zombies, it's kinda hard NOT do do that sort of thing. besides with what I've been able to have kol do elsewhere (crushed skulls, impalement, severing a forearm, trying to chainsaw off both of someone's arms, slitting a stealth trooper's throat, coming a few flaps of skin from beheading one of the hybrids, etc.) i'm pretty sure it's level of detail not type of injury that's important, and i'm being no more descriptive of the act or wounds than i would be with kol.
Hey as long as you don't describe in excruciating details the effects of the kill (I think the most you can do is say "all that remained of the undead's head was a huge hole"), you can still do some violent kills on the undead.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

I am posting this as a separate post so I can save it as a draft
Hawkfang42 wrote:Well, I've finally decided to join this
Character Sheets
Name: Thomas Grahame
Text Color: L33t color (#01EE70)
Animal: Sable Ferret
Height: 3'5"
Appearance: He looks just like any other Sable ferret, and always wears a cyan t-shirt along with a Captain America beanie and khaki shorts with a holster for his modified revolver.
Background: When he was 19 he had enlisted in the military, but was kicked out when he was 23 for disobeying orders; after that, he had written a screenplay about his experiences which led to his career as a playwright and eventually a movie director
Other Notes: Modified Revolver courtesy of his littermate
Personality: he's an outgoing person who wants to have a good time. He likes games. He's pretty impatient.
Special Trait: Marksman
Stats:
Strength: 5
Perception: 5
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 10
Intelligence: 5
Agility: 6
Luck: 6

~~~~~~~~~

Name: Lincoln Vanderbilt
Color: #00AAAA
Animal: Sable Ferret
Height: 3'7"
Appearance: He looks like other Sable ferrets and wears a yellow jacket and headphones
Background: He used to work at Northern Neck Computer Consultants and an old mechanics workshop, on the month of Z-Day, he had went to Kantra to visit his littermate and was stuck with him due to Z-Day
Special Trait: Engineer
Personality: He likes old tech and text-based games. He loves reading. He is kind of shy. He is slightly arrogant.
Other Notes: he is littermates with Thomas Grahame
Stats:
Strength: 4
Perception: 7
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 6
Intelligence: 7
Agility: 7
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Both look good! Welcome to the RP!
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Where does this take place?
Rp characters
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

The city of Kantra.

(From FAQ)
8. Where can we spawn?
Within Kantra or the Farmlands (If Survivor)
Woods surrounding Kantra (If Exotic)
Main Evac Safe House (If Military)
Stranded Unit somewhere within the city (If Military)
Wasteland (If a member of the MetalKnights or WildOne
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I missed that last bit. ^^;
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

No worries, you're fine :)
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

I know that, I mean where is Kantra.
Rp characters
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Ah...honestly I didn't really make a location in the states, to be perfectly honest. It is close to the sea as there are a few docks.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

north of Racoon City?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

heh nah. Plus, wasn't Raccoon City nuked?