2019/02/21 - Puppies From Heaven

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/02/21 - Puppies From Heaven

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/02/21 - Puppies From Heaven]
Title Text:

Geez, call next time, Rufus!
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2019/02/21 - Puppies From Heaven

Post by Saturn381 »

I know I kept saying this during this arc but... I just wanna give Max a hug right now. :(
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Suddenly, Rufus.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Man why does this keep happening to these characters? First Kevin and now Max, is Rick just trying to kill off the cast? :roll:

What is up with Heaven? Was he watching them the entire time? Or was Rufus’s ears burning during that story? As far as people randomly popping up from beyond the grave, can anyone do that because I still think there are some unresolved issues between King and his mother judging from that brief and incredibly awkward conversation they had.

I said that Max could go talk to Kitsune about getting in touch with Rufus but it never did occur to me that Rufus could just decide to take the initiative himself. The next strip is going to be emotional and embarrassing and I can’t wait. :D
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Surprise Canines give Max Kittens.

Shows Rufus isn't all serious though.

Sometimes a guy likes to surprise
and really can’t help themselves.
Here Rufus appears, just to prove
he’s as crafty as all them dang elves.
An after last minute chance for Max
to tell of everything he feels;
with Grape standing by him
to watch how well he deals.
Our best girl is getting used to this,
the heavenly dropping in unannounced.
For Max, though, it’s still a new thing;
that’s why it’s on Grape that he’s pounced.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Next up: Hugs!
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Yup, guess this means Hot Springs fun time's over now...
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Max is such a scaredy dog, but that just makes him more adorable. Who is Rufus referring to when he says "we". If Rufus can just "POP" into Maxwell's room, does that mean Spring and Summer don't need to wait for another fate-of-the-world event to visit Fox?
fenrirblack wrote:I still think there are some unresolved issues between King and his mother judging from that brief and incredibly awkward conversation they had.
I think there was plenty of time for them to talk it out, seeing as they were in heaven at the time.
Douglas Collier wrote:Next up: Hugs!
Hugs! Can I have one?!
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Rufus has been in heaven too long. ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hey, Cerberus, what are the rules on haunting again?
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Grape seems more startled by Max jumping into her arms than she does with a celestial dog bamf-ing in out of nowhere. :lol:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:Yup, guess this means Hot Springs fun time's over now...
Why? Two characters have left the building. There's still a fair few there. Ddraig, Craig and King for three...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:Max is such a scaredy dog, but that just makes him more adorable. Who is Rufus referring to when he says "we". If Rufus can just "POP" into Maxwell's room, does that mean Spring and Summer don't need to wait for another fate-of-the-world event to visit Fox?
Well they were not very clear at the time but I would hope there are some rules governing who can and cannot simply "POP" in from heaven. Although it has been established that the rules of death are about as iron clad as calling "shotgun" when getting into a car.
Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:I still think there are some unresolved issues between King and his mother judging from that brief and incredibly awkward conversation they had.
I think there was plenty of time for them to talk it out, seeing as they were in heaven at the time.
I don't know, judging from the sheer awkwardness of that scene I can imagine King going "Well, mom, this has been very uncomfortable so I'm going to grab my friend and go. You know wives to save, cosmic deity plans to foil, you know how it is. It's been great seeing you again. We'll pick this up after I'm dead or not, who knows." They were there for six months and there are estranged families that don't talk for years so who knows.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Well, there are procedures on the different ways of coming back. Rufus probably was taking haunting classes so that could be why he didn't appear sooner.

And regarding Joel and his mom, there's a lot to fill in. We know that neither parent was good in his childhood, yet King still have incredibly fond memories of camping trips during that time. Though not throwing out the fact that their relationship is "strained" to put it lightly, but it's apparent that his mom had some changing in her life to be allowed into Heaven.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

D-Rock wrote:Well, there are procedures on the different ways of coming back. Rufus probably was taking haunting classes so that could be why he didn't appear sooner.
The fact that you can still do all that really says a lot about the boundary of life and death. It must be much easier for animals to come back because if humans could just pop back four months after death then heaven wouldn't be one of those unknowable things.

D-Rock wrote:And regarding Joel and his mom, there's a lot to fill in. We know that neither parent was good in his childhood, yet King still have incredibly fond memories of camping trips during that time. Though not throwing out the fact that their relationship is "strained" to put it lightly, but it's apparent that his mom had some changing in her life to be allowed into Heaven.
I'm still curious about what those camping trips were like. Again, eleven stitches. Plus we don't know who was on those camping trips with him. Even if his parents did go camping with him, they could have said, "Joel, go play in the woods while we have some alone time." Honestly, those activities should more like he was at a summer camp rather than spending them with his actual parents. I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck him on a bus as soon as school was out and didn't see him again until the end of summer. Then again we can't all have parents like Rufus who came back at the exact moment Max needed him the most.

You knows what's funny is how different King is between those two scenes. The first one his is scowling in almost every panel then he's all smiles and lighthearted. He was so angry back then. I miss that. Now the most we get is disgusted/annoyance. Character development in action.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Why? Two characters have left the building. There's still a fair few there. Ddraig, Craig and King for three...
I mean, it's gonna be pretty difficult to just jump back to it now that we're in a tender moment in the story...
Ruska

Post by Ruska »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
I mean, it's gonna be pretty difficult to just jump back to it now that we're in a tender moment in the story...
That’s what new arcs are for. There’s enough characters in the hot spring that we could get arcs like the past two until the middle of summer. (Though I doubt that’ll actually happen)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Whelp time for Max to make up for some past mistakes.
Mr. Whisper

Post by Mr. Whisper »

I was so ready for an emotional, heart-wrenching scene between Max and Grape. I even had Freya's theme playing for mood music! And then Rufus just pops right in... :lol:
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

fenrirblack wrote: What is up with Heaven? Was he watching them the entire time? Or was Rufus’s ears burning during that story? As far as people randomly popping up from beyond the grave, can anyone do that because I still think there are some unresolved issues between King and his mother judging from that brief and incredibly awkward conversation they had.

As Gabrielle on the television series Xena says.
The dead can hear your thoughts when you think about them..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

One of the best advantages of knowing angels exist in this comic is they can pop in at anytime (and provides the author an excuse incase someone dies :3) Yet how did I not see this happening? I was expecting some heartwarming snuggles from Grape to console Max! X3

Glad to see Rufus and Max get to reconcile, though. I hope Rufus gets to tease these two before leaving. Afterall, something tells me he loves messing with Grape :3
Last edited by GameCobra on Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

“Also, fear not and such”
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

While short the bond between Rufus and Max was strong, even if it was stronger from the dog side of things. Maybe that bond was enough for Rufus to know Max was thinking of him, allowing him to focus in on him. He was Max's guardian so maybe can act now as a guardian angel to be there when Max needs him. Because Max himself felt there was unfinished business it allowed Rufus to manifest in a manner that allowed direct interaction.

Or maybe Rick just darn well felt like it.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Wanna reiterate again how much I'm excited for this turn of events and can't wait to see where this goes. Thank you, Rick! <3
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

I was kinda hoping the humor would be avoided, but this was good!
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Huh, I guess Rufus can do that. Well, Max, this is your chance.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, I'm intrigued to see where Rufus and Maxwell take up. I'm also kinda hoping we don't spiral off too far on Rufus-Grape banter, although Grape did recognise the ol'fella immediately (apparently unlike Max). She and Rufus seem perfectly comfortable with the canine's "other-worldly" status.

While there seemed to be regulations about the dearly-departed popping down to the terrestrial realm, Breel, Spring, and Summer didn't apparently have any accounting to restrict their comings and goings. Maybe Rufus will clarify.........
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

It’s kind of sweet that Max trusts Grape enough to show her and let her read the letters from Rufus. I’m looking foreword to seeing Maxwell and Rufus interact. Hopefully, Max can get rid or at least lessen of his regrets and Rufus will get confirmation that Max never truly forgot about him.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Five! Five times someone leaped into someone else's arms while screaming! Ah ah ah ah!
Argent

Post by Argent »

NHWestoN wrote:Hey, Cerberus, what are the rules on haunting again?
Roger Rabbit: Only when it's funny.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

It’s times like this I feel bad for Jeff and the other owners. Supernatural and extraordinary things are literally happening in your house but you’re oblivious to them. I couldn’t handle it if something this interesting was happening and I wasn’t there to witness it. I think Jeff should be there anyway to get a better understanding of Max’s past and how to carry forward through the future.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Doggonit, Rufus! Don't you Celestials have to knock first or somethin' ?!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:It’s times like this I feel bad for Jeff and the other owners. Supernatural and extraordinary things are literally happening in your house but you’re oblivious to them. I couldn’t handle it if something this interesting was happening and I wasn’t there to witness it. I think Jeff should be there anyway to get a better understanding of Max’s past and how to carry forward through the future.
Considering it’s the most obvious thing that the first supernatural thing the owners are gonna find out about is the coin, I kinda gonna think they were lucky so far to not get involved. I really can’t wait till Earl as an animal, It’ll be nice to see how the protagonist’s Dad reacts to getting a tail.
Jamonius

Post by Jamonius »

Rufus!

Listen to this dude Rufus, he knows what he's talking about!

Heh, been a while since I logged in but when I saw Rufus pop in like that I felt like making a Bill & Ted reference! Now which of the duo do you all thing Max and Grape should be? I'm thinking Max should be Ted and Grape as Bill. Max because his colors kinda match and Grape, well I think Grape would look pretty funny in a blonde wig! :lol:
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Ah, right, Max really went at home and now is reading again Rufus' letters, after he was telling his story at the spa. And there's still the blackout. It's very nice that he kept them al. :) Curious Grape didn't know till now. ;) Aww, poor Max... :( Fortunately, here in the Housepets! universe, isn't too late and angels can come by calling them, somehow. :D Well said, Rufus, but attention to where and how you decide to pop up. :P
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Hoping Rufus and Grape use this time to help encourage Max to be more confident in his decisions. Maxwell is very lucky he has this final chance to make up to Rufus. He won't have a second chance like this again. Unless of course Heaven likes letting angels visit Scott free in the future, then I'm calling Heaven lazy. x3
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Raise your hand if you knew that Rufus would make one final appearance before going back to heaven? :D

*raises hand*

I also like the fact that deceased pets have halos around them like in Dragonball Z. Goku and Krillin's halos must have a lot of milage on them. XD
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

GameCobra wrote:Hoping Rufus and Grape use this time to help encourage Max to be more confident in his decisions. Maxwell is very lucky he has this final chance to make up to Rufus. He won't have a second chance like this again. Unless of course Heaven likes letting angels visit Scott free in the future, then I'm calling Heaven lazy. x3
Even if Heaven does allow regular visits, I doubt Rufus would want to check up on Max that often. His letters clearly stated that he wanted Max to live his life and having Rufus back would only hinder any further growth and Rufus knows that. He came when Max needed him so they can have real closure and that’s something that should never be taken for granted.
Bill in OK

Post by Bill in OK »

I wish Heaven would give me the opportunity for a few last last-second second chances with some of my passed-on loved ones.
King looks an awful lot like my own Corgi. That's one reason why he's my favorite, but I also like his attitude.
Wikirojo

Post by Wikirojo »

I hope we can see more funny moments between this three. :D
Bill in OK wrote:I wish Heaven would give me the opportunity for a few last last-second second chances with some of my passed-on loved ones.
Me too.
I really hope we'll be able to see them someday.

P.D. Sorry for the double post. I really need to read the forum rules.
Last edited by Wikirojo on Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.