HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Post by SeanWolf »

Seeing that I'm still working on getting Heckraising The Heckbound Heart out, I wanted to give you guys something else to read in the meantime. SO! I'm happy to announce a little evolution of the original HousepetZ Tails I did called - HOUSEPETZ: LET'S IMAGINE! Hosted by Chronos, this little series is inspired by Marvel Comic's WHAT IF and will take various HousepetZ stories (and a few other Housepets stories) and do a sort of 'Let's Imagine this scenario instead' take on them. The stories for this first one will include:

- Let's Imagine...Steward Teaming Up With Tarot
- Let's Imagine...Fox Leaving The K9's
- Let's Imagine...Pete & Dragon Having Enough Of Kitsune
- Let's Imagine...If Pete Was The One Who Had A Change Of Heart
- Let's Imagine...Peanut Going To The Netherworld
- Let's Imagine...If Bino Had The Coin Instead
Attachments
HousepetZ Lets Imagine.png
HousepetZ Lets Imagine.png (46.35 KiB) Viewed 7050 times
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Everything that you are planning now sounds really good! Can't wait to read it Sean!
cogalinha

Post by cogalinha »

it would be very interesting to know what would happen if Peter got grapes and peanuts as an avatar
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That would be something interesting to see also! Maybe he will write it one day if its not a part of this story!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

cogalinha wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:11 pm it would be very interesting to know what would happen if Peter got grapes and peanuts as an avatar
Thank you for the suggestion! I'll look into that one for a future Let's Imagine!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Whatever you decide to write down will be lovely! Can't wait for the next parts! ^^
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

--UPDATE--

While I don't have any release date for the finale of the Amulet Arc, Heckraising The Heckbound Heart, set just yet, I HAVE finished the outline for the story (No longer winging my stories and, instead, I'm preplanning everything) so, once I finished giving it a thrice-over and I'm satisfied with what's in store for the story, I can finally type it up and let you guys read this thrilling conclusion to the Amulet Story Line AND we can get started on the future of HousepetZ (In fact? I already have the first part of RETURN OF UNDEAD NIGHTMARES all planned out - sans the story outline - along with a story I wanted to tell last year but cancelled due to various reasons).
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

AND WE FINALLY CONTINUE! My apologies for the shortness but I needed to cut this arc up (WAY too long originally LOL)

HousepetZ: Heckraising The Heckbound Heart
Part 1: The Dream Master

The whippet smiled and bowed, “I am known by many names and many titles, many of which belong to the lips and hearts of children everywhere. You may call me Dream for I? I am The Sandman.”
“You mean the guy who carries a bag of sand and makes people fall asleep?” Sabrina inquired, “Forgive me but I thought you’d be a bit more mystical looking and less cenobite-y?” Dream laughed at Sabrina’s comment as Daisy looked at the whippet with a twitchy paw. Her heart told her she could trust this Dream person but her eyes spoke otherwise. He said he’s from the Imaginarium and he said he’s here to lend a hand, but was he really? Who’s to say he’s really just a friend of Tarots or, worst case scenario, another celestial friend of Kitsune? And if he was from the Imaginarium? Why didn’t Marko tell them about him? Is Marko really a friend or was he actually an enemy? So many questions ran through Daisy’s head that it became a whirlpool of thoughts. Thoughts that overtook any she had of the current Tarot situation.
“How come Marko never mentioned you before, Dream?” Daisy snapped out of her thoughts as Dragon asked the whippet the million dollar question on her mind, adding to the question, “Yeah and how do we know you’re not one of Tarot’s friends?” Dream looked at Dragon then at Daisy, closing his eyes as he bowed his head. “I am nothing more than a specter to those with darkness in their hearts,” he said solemnly, “To those of light? I exist as a friend. A companion. Someone to talk to. Someone to take them to DreamLand to escape their hardships for a while.” He lifted his head and smiled, “Marko never mentioned me because I prefer to stay a secret. If everyone knew I existed? Well, dreams would become very boring, don’t you agree?” Not much of an answer, Daisy thought, but it was good enough for her. Dragon and Zenyako were satisfied as well as Sabrina, though she was still a bit hesitant to trust this whippet.
“If you don’t mind, I think we should get back to the topic at hand, that is to say what should we do about Tarot?” Zenyako asked everyone, “I mean, I don’t mean to be rude, but the longer we sit here discussing this? The more damage she’s probably causing.”
“For once, I agree with Zenyako here,” Dragon said, “We know we have to stop her somehow and the ‘how’ is the question of the day.”
“Why couldn’t we just shoot her?” Sabrina asked as she mimicked a gun firing.
“For one? That’s a rather dark idea,” Dragon said, shocked that Sabrina would suggest such a thing, “For two, even if we could? Who’s to say that she wished for some sort of thing to protect her from such attacks?” Before Sabrina could answer, Daisy replied, “Well, we could just shoot the amulet out of her paw, instead, and, not to demean anyones skills with a gun, but as a Ghost Rider, I do have a better chance at hitting the amulet and not Tarot.”
“What’s a Ghost Rider?” Zenyako whispered to Dragon while the rest continued to chat as he had never even heard of such beings
“They hunt and kill Netherworld Creatures and act as exorcists,” Dragon whispered back before turning back to the conversation at hand.
“All that’s fine and good but we still have one issue; Where is Tarot anyway?” Sabrina said, asking the million dollar question. Indeed, for all their efforts in figuring out a way to stop Tarot, they never stopped to figure out just exactly where to look. The gang started to think where would be the best area Tarot would go to continue her plan, though only Dragon had, what seemed to be, the more logical answer, “You think she’s going back to Australia, where the last U&U game took place?”
“Makes sense but, at the same time, why choose there? If she wants to be a ‘hero’....” Sabrina began to say before Dragon spoke up in a sorrowful tone, “I take the blame for the hero talk.” The gang looked at Dragon as she explained, “When I found her on my doorsteps, this was before I knew about Slayder, and I began to raise her? I started to plant the seeds in her head that she’ll be this hero when the time comes and she’ll be this amazing person everyone can look up to. I never thought, at the time, that it would affect her in this way - if I did, I would’ve never done it - as I mainly did it to win at the next U&U game. But you all know what happened during that game so she was never able to be the hero. Come your guys little adventure in the temple and, once again, she couldn’t be a hero and I think that’s where she really started to go downhill. Every chance she felt she had at being a hero was being taken away from her and I guess she started getting desperate, with even merging with a then-rouge Zenyako for a time.” Dragon sighed, “If only we stopped her after that Zenyako incident, we could’ve avoided this whole mess…if only I never spoke about that darned amulet, we wouldn’t be in this situation. If only…if only I never planted that seed in her head in the first place.” Dragon lowered her head once more and sighed as Sabrina and Daisy looked on in sadness. Zenyako walked over and placed an assuring paw on Dragon’s shoulder and patted her gently. Dragon looked up and smiled softly, placing her own paw on his paw and thanking him. A touching moment. A touching moment that was soon broken as Sabrina noticed something quite odd. “Hey,” she said, “What’s going on with Dream over there?” The gang looked over and, indeed, there was something strange going on with Dream. The whippet was standing there with his paws looking like they were grasping an invincible orb. While that was normal, the odd part was that his head was glitching about, going about a mile a minute.
“You OK, Dream?” Dragon asked with a raised eyebrow as even she wasn’t sure what was going on and she was a Celestial. Dream didn’t answer, instead continued to twitch and stand there for an uncomfortable minute. Soon, his head stopped twitching and he returned to his stoic state, “My apologies,” he spoke, “But while you four were talking amongst yourselves, I used dreams to explore the world within worlds, the DreamScape, to locate our little Pomeranian.” Sabrina was about to ask just what Dream was talking about but Daisy spoke first, asking if Dream found her. The whippet smiled, “Yes. She is currently heading to the middle of River Ridge to continue her plan.”
“And River Ridge is where we’ll go!” Daisy exclaimed, leaping off of the couch, “You coming?” Zenyako shook his head, “I’m gonna sit this out as I feel that Tarot may try to merge with me again.”
“And I can’t face her…I’m pretty sure she still has a grudge against me.” Dragon replied. This only left Sabrina. “Well?” Daisy asked, “You wanna come?” Seeing as Tarot was her friend and she wanted to help her badly, Sabrina nodded, “Let’s go save Tarot.”
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Glad that you were able to get back into this! I look forward to what is coming next!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:41 pm Glad that you were able to get back into this! I look forward to what is coming next!
Thank you! I'm glad to be back writing again (Past two years were not good on me mentally, which is why HousepetZ lacked in updates)!
Krytus The Dreamer

Post by Krytus The Dreamer »

SeanWolf wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:48 am Thank you! I'm glad to be back writing again (Past two years were not good on me mentally, which is why HousepetZ lacked in updates)!
oh boy, I know what you mean.

I've been trying to catch up, but I can only read sporadically because I'm pretty busy. I think I'm up to the part where peanut becomes an avatar. Pretty slow progress but it's chugging along.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm a fast reader so I am not that worried about falling behind since I see when the chapter gets posted and make sure to look at it. Still, the stories are long so its a good thing I don't dilly-dally!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Glad you guys are enjoying the return of HousepetZ and I really hope you guys are ready for what's to come as, not only do I have the next storyline (Return Of Undead Nightmares) all planned out? I got the next two storylines/arcs planned out as well. Once Heckraising The Heckbound Heart is done, I'll detail more info but sufficed to say? I think you all will enjoy what I got planned :)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... and always glad to see Daisy get some lines. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Whatever you have planned I am sure it will be awesome Sean! You just post the next chapter when you are ready as I'm sure we all are happy to know it is in progress!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Update time!

I am ALMOST done typing up the last two parts of this arc so, if all works out, they should be up before week's end (unless I get distracted by something like a new game on Xbox Game Pass heh)! I also would like to take this time to announce what arcs are next:

Return Of Undead Nightmares - A Three-part arc which will see the return of what HousepetZ originated as we bring back the undead. This arc will also see the continuation of Zach's story in both ASGARDIAN OF THE UNIVERSE Vol. 3 and Vol. 4. We will also see Mungo's story continue in both Bat Out Of The Netherworld IV, which contains a battle years in the making, and Bat Out Of The Netherworld V: Blood Red Planet. New Villains, New Friends, and new locations are all planned for RETURN OF UNDEAD NIGHTMARES.

Blood Is Family - This special arc is something I've been cooking up for a while now and it will answer a question brought up earlier in HousepetZ's life: Was Sasha always this evil and is it true when they said "It runs in the family"? These questions will be answered, along with seeing a new Sabrina story and a new Terrance story (one that takes him to the land down under) in BLOOD IS FAMILY.

I hope you all are ready for what's next for HousepetZ...cause the world that our favorite pets know and love is about to change forever.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sounds good. I am always interested in hearing about a villain’s backstory, and Sasha was a very nasty villain indeed . Plus, Sabrina.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really looking forward to what you have planned! But also looking forward to seeing Slayder and Elena date. XD
Krytus The Dreamer

whew I finally managed to catch up with this whopper of a story, and I have to say I was not expecting a lot of things that happened here. It was fun to be thrown for a loop every now and again.

Now I play the waiting game.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

We all have to play the waiting game but I have no doubt that it will be really worth it!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:27 pm We all have to play the waiting game but I have no doubt that it will be really worth it!
Yeah, apologies for the waiting games I seem to make you guys play alot with HousepetZ >.< Was never my intention for the long breaks.

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:06 pm whew I finally managed to catch up with this whopper of a story, and I have to say I was not expecting a lot of things that happened here. It was fun to be thrown for a loop every now and again.

Now I play the waiting game.
I'm happy you enjoyed them so far! Believe me, what happened previously in HousepetZ is nothing to what I got planned for the future :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That's OK. I understand that life can get in the way of things. Its not down to you.

But you can make it up to me by having Slayder and Elena hook up. And having somebody throw a pie in Slayder's face. :P
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:24 pm That's OK. I understand that life can get in the way of things. Its not down to you.

But you can make it up to me by having Slayder and Elena hook up. And having somebody throw a pie in Slayder's face. :P
Plus I...may have used said time to continue planning out the future of HousepetZ and, tell the truth, I think I planned out one TOO many arcs/chapters >.< All good ones, mind you, just woof! Made too many xD
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I will be looking forward to seeing them.

Also looking forward to seeing Slayder. XD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

SeanWolf wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:16 pm Update time!

I am ALMOST done typing up the last two parts of this arc so, if all works out, they should be up before week's end (unless I get distracted by something like a new game on Xbox Game Pass heh)! I also would like to take this time to announce what arcs are next:

Return Of Undead Nightmares - A Three-part arc which will see the return of what HousepetZ originated as we bring back the undead. This arc will also see the continuation of Zach's story in both ASGARDIAN OF THE UNIVERSE Vol. 3 and Vol. 4. We will also see Mungo's story continue in both Bat Out Of The Netherworld IV, which contains a battle years in the making, and Bat Out Of The Netherworld V: Blood Red Planet. New Villains, New Friends, and new locations are all planned for RETURN OF UNDEAD NIGHTMARES.

Blood Is Family - This special arc is something I've been cooking up for a while now and it will answer a question brought up earlier in HousepetZ's life: Was Sasha always this evil and is it true when they said "It runs in the family"? These questions will be answered, along with seeing a new Sabrina story and a new Terrance story (one that takes him to the land down under) in BLOOD IS FAMILY.

I hope you all are ready for what's next for HousepetZ...cause the world that our favorite pets know and love is about to change forever.
So a bit of an update here. As you can tell, there's a strike-through on the Blood Is Family arc. I realized that there was no possible way to make a tamer version of Rob Zombie's House Of 1000 Corpses trilogy (which was the goal) so I'm scrapping this arc. I'm also scrapping a planned DREAMSCAPES arc, due to mainly how danged complex the story lines were going to be.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sort of figured you wouldn't be able to do the Night of 1000 Corpses parody because of how violent and gory it is. But I am still looking forward to seeing what you have to reveal anyway!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:00 am Sort of figured you wouldn't be able to do the Night of 1000 Corpses parody because of how violent and gory it is. But I am still looking forward to seeing what you have to reveal anyway!
Believe me, I tried everything to make it more suitable for this forum but, every version I tried just didn't work out.
Krytus The Dreamer

There's a lot in this fic that really tap dances around the boundaries. If the 1000 corpses thing was too extreme I don't think I want to know what that's about.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Krytus The Dreamer wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:21 am There's a lot in this fic that really tap dances around the boundaries. If the 1000 corpses thing was too extreme I don't think I want to know what that's about.
Well, not EXTREME, just that I just had trouble toning down the movie into a PG/PG-13 rating. Plus, it WAS a bit too dark for this series, so there's another reason for the scrappage.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Having saw parts of the movie I can see how it would be too dark. But I can't wait for you to post what you have planned next!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:52 am Having saw parts of the movie I can see how it would be too dark. But I can't wait for you to post what you have planned next!
Thanks :) The rest of the arcs and storylines are fine, thankfully (including a Mungo storyline that may be the coolest one I've done...and teased a while ago with a post from Chronos), it was just that one that was the issue.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well if Mungo and his new girlfriend take center stage I want Slayder and his new girlfriend Elena to be in something soon also. XDDDDD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

AND WE ARE DONE WITH THIS STORYLINE! Yes, this was rushed a bit, but this should've been done LAST YEAR when I intended it and not this year >.<

HousepetZ: Heckraising The Heckbound Heart
Part 2: One Winged Pomeranian

“Tarot! Stop this!” Tarot turned around and stared at an approaching Daisy and Sabrina, the amulet shining from the sun above as the roars of Daisy’s bike echoed throughout the city.
“And what?!” She roared, “Go back to living my life as a nothing?! Go back to having all my desired victories be taken away by some idiot pets who don’t deserve them?! All my life, I had lived in the shadow of those who deemed themself better than me! Who had all their accomplishments paraded around like they were special?! Every chance I had to be a hero! Every opportunity I had to be something! All of that? Taken from me! Taken all because…because of…of…” she cussed under her breath as the name she wanted to say tasted like garbage to her but she forced it out, “...Kitsune; that white tailed jackal…”
“Fox.” Sabrina muttered.
“I don’t CARE if he’s a rat!” She snapped, “He RUINED my life! He kept my old life hidden from me! He stopped me from being what I was made to be! My whole life, I’ve been denied happiness! Joy! Being something I should be! All because of Celestials and that Kitsune! But with this?” she held up the Amulet to the sun, “I can finally achieve my rightfully deserved destiny!”
“Tarot, please! You don’t have to do this! Not everyone can be a hero!” Sabrina shouted at Tarot in desperation, “Think about what you’re doing right now! In your quest for being a hero, you’re ruining everyone else’s lives in the process!” As she begged, Daisy slowly reached for her lever-action, ready to enact the back-up plan in case the current plan goes south which, by her calculations, will arrive there very soon.
“I have a clear shot at her paw,” she whispered, “Just keep her occupied.” Although she heard Daisy, Sabrina’s attention was on Tarot who, to her horror and dismay, could only laugh at her desperation, a laughter that pierced deep within her and sank her heart to the depths. It seemed, to her sadness, that the Tarot she knew was long gone and what stood before was nothing more than a demon wearing her skin.
“Does it look like I care!?” Tarot retorted back, “I made them animals so I can be a hero! I’m gonna convince this town that they were cursed by a fallen rogue Celestial! I'm then gonna convince the town that I not only know how to save them, but that I know who did it! And then?” a sinister smile of that of a killer formed on her face, “Then? I’m gonna do something we all should’ve done on that day in the temple: I am going to kill Kitsune!” Sabrina’s heart sank ten fathoms. Here was someone she knew for who knows how long now going mad with power and proclaiming that she’s going to kill a celestial? Though she would never speak it aloud, she knew in her heart that the Tarot she once knew was gone and never coming back. Daisy, on the other hand?
“You’re stupid, arrogant, son of a lowly vermin!” she shouted, her skull igniting in a fiery showcase as she flipped-cocked her shotgun, much to Sabrina’s shock (though her shock may be more towards hearing Daisy get angry), “I’ve seen my fair share of ignorant and selfless people in this world but you? You make them look like saints! All of this?” she waved her paw at the people around them, all who were oddly ignorant of the situation going on, “All of this isn’t making you a hero! It’s making you worse than who you hate! Your hatred is eating you alive, turning you into something you’re not!” She raised her gun towards Tarot, who was now angrier than ever, “If you insist on continuing this quest…then I will have no choice but to put you down.”
“I don’t care if you do have to!” Tarot grinned, “Cause when I get to the heavenly paradise that awaits me, I can still…”
“You ain’t going to Heaven!” Tarot jerked back when Daisy roared, her voice now deepened as the flames engulfing her skull burned brighter than they were, “Your soul is too corrupted by failure, envy, and hate. If you force my paw, then I will have no choice but to send you down to the Netherworld…for all eternity and no chance of redemption.” It was that very word that finally broke through Tarot’s self-imposed shield as tears began to well up. The mere thought of her living where fire dances across the landscape and the sky’s blood red was enough to break her spirit. Daisy and Sabrina slowly approached her, just in case this was a trick by her, as Sabrina slowly stretched her paw out. “I understand your frustration,” she spoke softly, “But taking your anger out on the world and one Celestial - who, admittedly, is sorta to blame for alot of this - was not the way to do it.” Tarot, with tear-filled eyes, looked up at the two, “Can you…” she began to say before, suddenly, a shot rang out. Tarot gasped as she flew backwards onto the ground, the amulet flying out of her paws. As Sabrina tried to stop Tarot’s bleeding shoulder, a familiar voice came from behind them, one that Sabrina herself prayed she would never hear again: “You know, I gotta say. Your mortal weapons are actually not half-bad!” Standing behind them, holding a small now-smoking pistol, was Kitsune.
“Kitsune! You son of a…!” Sabrina started to shout, but Kitsune shushed her instantly. “Ah, language! Remember who you’re talking to! I may not be ‘Great Kitsune’ anymore - no thanks to some past actions - but I’m still a Celestial, so you can’t call me any colorful metaphors!” He then tossed the gun to the side and began tossing a familiar looking object in the air almost playfully, “Still, I must thank you for returning this amulet to me! I’ve been looking for it ever since Dragon hid it from me all those years ago!”
“Cause it ain’t yours!” Daisy hissed.
“Au contraire, little puppy,” Kistune grinned, “Any object created during any game of U&U in which I was DMing are mine and mine alone! He placed the amulet around his neck and was about ready to boast some more, until Daisy took aim and fired her shotgun. The round nailed Kitsune in the arm with enough force to knock him back a few. Grunting from the impact, Kitsune stuck his tongue out at the duo, like a child, and ran off, much to Daisy’s annoyance. However, Sabrina stopped her, “No,” she said, “Let me. You stay with Tarot here…I’ve been wanting to get my hands on that fox for a while now.” Daisy, though wanting to end him herself, nodded and let Sabrina chase after the fox, while also letting her use her shotgun, “I’m gonna want that back,” she smiled, Sabrina nodding with a chuckle before giving chase.

Though Kitsune was fast, Sabrina, being feline and all, was able to keep up with him, at times coming close to tackling him. ‘Clever girl,’ he thought as he leaped over a couple relaxing on a bench, Sabrina sliding under it like a parkour star. Spotting one of the office buildings, Kitsune ran in, almost knocking a nearby dog over and ran into a nearby elevator. Sabrina entered just in time to see the doors closing and Kitsune giving her a rather cheeky wave. ‘Doggone it,’ she thought with a huff as she ran up the stairs and headed for the roof which, as she arrived, she quickly looked around the area for the fox.
“I see why Dragon chose you to be her Avatar all those years ago,” Sabrina pointed her shotgun at the nearby Kitsune, who was seated on the edge of the roof, “Then again, seeing as how easily you gave up and forced me to end the game early, I’ve been questioning her choice.”
“Can it, Fox!” she yelled, “Just tell me what you want with her amulet before I blow you to kingdom come!” Kitsune, first acting in mock shock at Sabrina’s little threat, laughed, “My dear feline. With this little beauty? I’m gonna begin a new U&U game! Sure, I can’t use Pete any more…but I can force Dragon to participate.” His tone then lowered to an almost sinister growl, “And this time? This time, there will be a proper victor and there will be a proper loser.” His growl soon turned into a rather Palpatine-Return-Of-The-Jedi-Like tone, “Oh, and I’m afraid you will have to be an Avatar again. You and Bailey will have to fight…and one of you will have to die!” He laughed as he gripped the amulet, preparing to make the wish to begin the game anew. But not before Sabrina, the heat of ten thousand angers burning within her, squeezed the trigger. Kitsune yelped as he felt the round hit his paw before brushing it off with laughter, “Silly kitty! I’m a Celestial! You can’t hurt me…though you did give my paw such a smack!” Sabrina, however? “What paw?” Kitsune, confused, raised his arm and pointed to….”Huh?” To his shock and horror, Sabrina, somehow, had blown his paw completely off.
“Borrowed this from Daisy,” She grinned, pointing at the shotgun, one that Kitsune finally recognized as being Celestial in origin, before firing off a few more rounds at him Terminator 2-style. As the last round hit, Kitsune stood on the edge panting, his life slowly slipping away as Sabrina approached him and gripped the amulet, “Now,” she growled, “Give me the amulet, you rotten vulpine.” Being the trickster he was, Kitsune had one more trick up his sleeve. In a final act, Kitsune took one step back and started to fall off the roof, the necklace snapping off his neck as Sabrina pulled back. However, as he began to fall, Kitsune grabbed Sabrina by the leg in an attempt to take her with him. Sabrina yelped as he grabbed her leg, the shotgun flying out of her paw as she fell to the ground while being dragged by Kitsune, who was now completely off the roof and hanging on to her. It took every ounce of strength and courage within her to hang on and prevent him from pulling her off the roof.
“SABRINA!” Kitsune yelled, “GIve me the amulet!” Having had enough of this fox, Sabrina summoned all her strength that she could muster and, with her free leg, started kicking Kitsune in the head. “I…HAVE HAD…ENOUGH OF…YOU!” She roared in anger and, with one final kick, Kitsune lost his grip on Sabrina’s paw, yelling as he fell from the building. Panting from the fight, crawled over to the edge and watched as the once Great Kitsune fell to his death. Though winded, she managed to form a small smile before breaking out in a joyous laughter. For as long as she could remember, Kitsune had brought nothing but trouble to her and her friends in Babylon Gardens and now? Now the evil has been defeated and her friends and her can rest once again.

EPILOGUE:

It had been nearly a month since Tarot’s attack on Babylon Gardens. While most of the populous was turned back into humans, most had decided to remain animals as they enjoyed the new lifestyle, most notably Marrion and Lois as they returned to school while Marion’s mom returned to her job, enjoying her new wolf form. Sabrina, after the fight with Kitsune, handed the amulet to The Sandman who, in turn, returned it to Marko, who locked it away in an even-more special safe so as to prevent any similar incidents from happening. Though life was returning to a normal-ish state, the same could not be said for one Tarot. Because of her actions, she was sent to a nearby rejuvenation center, run by a good friend of Cerberus, to help get her back to her old self and repair any mental damage that may have happened. Though the work was supposed to last until she was better, on the third week, the center was told that she was being transferred to a new place for private reasons. On the fourth week, Tarot was led out of the building and into a waiting limo.
“Hello,” the well-dressed man inside said while bringing out a laptop, “My employer would like to apologize for not meeting you in person but he had pressing matters to attend to.”
“Employer?” Tarot asked, tilting her head, “What is this about? Who are you guys?” The man smiled, “You’ll learn in a bit but let’s just say we have been watching you for a while now. You wanted to be a hero, no? You tried everything you can but the world kept preventing you from being one?” After thinking for a bit, Tarot nodded, “I would like that, but…” before she could continue, however, the man turned the opened laptop around so the screen was facing Tarot. On the screen was a figure covered in shadows, who spoke with a voice that Tarot thought she recognized but couldn’t place it. “Hello, Tarot,” the figure said, “I know far too well the pain of being denied what you feel you rightly deserve in this life. For too long, life has prevented me from achieving my own dreams and wishes. But, life has a way of working out in one's favor and, in the end, I was able to achieve my dream and now? Now I run a newly reformed P.E.T.A and I made it my life’s goal to show mankind that animals are not just there to be simple pets and rescue animals. For a while, I’ve been helping pets achieve their dreams and I would like to help you achieve yours. How would you like to be greater than all Celestials and become the ultimate hero?”
‘The ultimate hero? Greater than all?’ A very tempting offer, Tarot thought, looking out the limo’s window at some nearby trees they were passing by. She then began to smile an almost sinister smile, one that she had before Daisy and Sabrina ruined her life again. She looked down at the laptop, “I would be honored.” The shadowy figure smiled, “Welcome to P.E.T.A, Tarot.”

HousepetZ Will Continue….
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really enjoyed the way that this came out! I hope that Slayder will be able to help Tarot out and get her back after all of this...
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ
From The Video Diary Of Terrance

Memories of the past have this way of creeping up on you when you least expect it. It’s been…god, I don’t know how long now…it’s been years since the zombie apocalypse that changed our lives forever. We lost way too many good people; friends, relatives, family members, co-workers…I still have the occasional nightmare of those days. Those screams and wails still haunt my brain to this day. Honestly, I’ve been tempted a few times to end it all but what good would that do? It’d end the nightmares but would cause new ones for loved ones. And yet? Yet we managed to survive a hell on our Earth and find a cure, something we only dreamt about those days. We all thought the worst was behind us and we could move on with our lives. Hmph, if it only happened like that. There was Steward trying to kill one of the remaining Milton family members, the whole thing with the late Sasha which I still never expected her to be a murderous psychopath. Dog, don’t even get me started on that virus that some idiot unleashed on town and, speaking of idiots: Tiger Arbelt. Seriously, don’t get me started on that whack job. Heck, speaking of jobs, just recently?! Tarot somehow turned half the population here and who knows how many outside our community into animals and now she’s missing! This used to be a quiet town before Keene entered that Temple…if I was any other type of person i.e Delusional Steve? I’d probably be making conspiracies and the like. But I’m not, thank dog!

But you know something? It wasn’t all doom and gloom. Outside of Kix, we got another new member of our K9’s, a grizzly named Adrian whom, I will admit, I was hesitant about but he showed he has skills! Heck, when he’s not doing K9 work, he’s volunteering at a daycare. I knew teddy bears were popular and all and I guess he’s living proof of that. Yet, for all this good that’s been happening, there’s still that part of me that…I dunno, I just have this feeling that the worst is yet to come. Don’t quote me on this or take my words as prophetic in any way, but I just have this feeling. A feeling that there’s an even bigger storm coming. I hope and pray that I’m wrong but…I just have this feeling…

Welcome...to the next chapter in the HousepetZ Legacy and the beginning of HousepetZ: Return Of Undead Nightmares...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really nice interlude that you have posted and it is really creepy and sets the scene for the next chapter up well! Can't wait to see how it goes and looking forward to seeing Slayder!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:36 pm Really nice interlude that you have posted and it is really creepy and sets the scene for the next chapter up well! Can't wait to see how it goes and looking forward to seeing Slayder!
Slayder won't be coming until a later arc and you'll see why once this arc beings :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But I thought you said last arc that he would end up showing up in the next arc which is this one?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:51 pm But I thought you said last arc that he would end up showing up in the next arc which is this one?
I did, didn't I? Seems I confused what the word 'arc' means, more I think of it >.< So this arc is called RETURN OF UNDEAD NIGHTMARES and the first part is coming soon. So, Slayder? He won't appear until a later storyline in this arc. Makes sense?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah that makes a lot more sense. Didn't mean to come across as being standoffish. I just didn't know what was gonna happen. Sorry.