HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

trekkie

Re: HousepetZ: Survivor Tails

Post by trekkie »

Good. I’m glad you aren’t putting Olive in danger. The yellow text was a tad hard to read for me, so I kinda had to go with the reactions of the other characters. Haven’t read Gaiman either.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm pretty sure he knows that after killing off Fox is he were to kill off his first cousin once removed that the forum would wage nuclear war on his butt. :lol:
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

I've killed off Fox twice and nobody came after me.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Still working on the storyline. Real Life caught up to me which resulted in a minor allergy (happens whenever the season changes to fall) and I got a bit busy with a few other things (including planning the next major story arc which I am really excited about but I dare not even tease this or speak it as anything said will spoil it nice try) but I should be able to get the first chapter up soon (I'm hoping to have this done before Halloween this year).
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Can't wait to see what you have planned! I'm sure it will be lovely!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:05 am Can't wait to see what you have planned! I'm sure it will be lovely!
Trust me, it will be :) It's also something I've been wanting to do with the series for about a year or two now and I think, after this arc, it'll be the perfect time :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I honestly cannot wait to see what idea you have up your sleeve!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sounds exciting, Sean.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It would be really cool if it came out on Halloween but I assume you still need to work on it some more. It would be a nice little Halloween gift though.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:57 pm It would be really cool if it came out on Halloween but I assume you still need to work on it some more. It would be a nice little Halloween gift though.
I am shooting for that this year as I would like to have Heckraising The Heckbound Heart done by Halloween (even if it means shortening scenes and cutting parts that are just filler).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If it does happen it will be very impressive. But there is no rush for you to do that since it won't be that important.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

So a few things. Firstly, it doesn't look like I might be able to get this arc started before Halloween (I'm still hoping as I have cut the story down to one VERY long chapter) as I've been busy with a few other projects.

But! Secondly? I was gonna wait to announce this but, seeing as it is the spooky season...why not announce the next major arc to take place after The Amulet Arc (the current one right now)? So! Here's the teaser for said arc and all I can say is: It's about time I return to what made HousepetZ what is was in the first place :)
Attachments
HOUSEPETZ ZOMBIES RETURN.jpg
HOUSEPETZ ZOMBIES RETURN.jpg (75.9 KiB) Viewed 11154 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its fine that you won't have it finished in time for Halloween as there is no rush! I can't wait to see how this arc is going to go though!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Apologies for the wait. Had some mental stuff going on that I needed to fight so I was in no mood to do any writing at all. I am doing much better now (Thanks to help from my mother, I've been finding ways to combat those issues) so I should be getting back to writing HousepetZ soon (I know you all want to see how this Tarot story ends and what I got planned for the next story arcs)!
Harry Johnathan

If you need someone else to talk too about those issues, you can PM me. I somewhat regretably know all about that kind of thing.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If you had to take a break due to your mental health its alright and nobody can fault you for that as we all need breaks sometimes. I'm just glad you feel up to writing again!
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Your health comes first.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If you say you are up to it now that all we can do is wait. I'm sure this part will be just as great the others!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement *werewolf hugs all* I am doing much much better now in many ways and I will return to HousepetZ very VERY soon (Truth be told, that's the other reason why I did the whole HousepetZ Tails; it was planned as a way to not have there be too long of a wait between arcs but hehe that didn't pan out so well, huh?).
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

<hugs SeanWolf> Glad to hear you’re feeling better. Take care of yourself. Looking forward to your future chapters.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I also look forward to seeing Tarot's brother Slayder again who is now a buff and muscular fire dog I think you said.

Though I am still pushing Hawk and Elena also. X)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:07 pm I also look forward to seeing Tarot's brother Slayder again who is now a buff and muscular fire dog I think you said.

Though I am still pushing Hawk and Elena also. X)
Well, Slayder is slated to comeback in the next story :)

As for Hawk and Elena? Well, if circumstances were different with Hawk, it could happen...but due to Hawk's physiology and other factors, he can't actually fall in love.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Won't stop me from shipping them. Unless you put Slayder and Elena together. Then I can just wait for his inevitable mud bath. :D
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

It's been a while since the last update, huh? I made it no secret I was having some minor problems last year so that really did prevent any work I wanted to do with this series (To the point where I didn't get as far as I wanted to). For Peanut's sakes, we're still in The Amulet Story Arc, one that should've ended WAY back in October/Early November!

After giving it some thought, I have come to the conclusion that my current writing style, winging it, just isn't cutting it and is the key reason why these arcs take forever in getting out. So, I decided to change up how I'm doing HousepetZ. From now on? I'm gonna plan out everything for an arc/story in advance and follow that path instead of making it up as I go. This way, it'll not only cut down on the wait, but should equal a better story as well. This change will begin with this current story, HECKRAISING THE HECKBOUND HEART, and, if all goes well, should equal out to, again, better stories and shorter wait times for each new installment.

I'm also doing one other change: I'm rebooting HousepetZ Tales. It was a good idea but the problem was I couldn't come up with any good stories outside of Mungo's New Girlfriend (the Res story was the worst thing I wrote, tbh). How it'll be rebooted, I haven't decided yet, but I do know I want to do some one-shots within the HousepetZ-Universe and expand on a few things I introduced throughout the series, along with maybe doing some What If style stories somehow (there's one I'd like to do that's a different take on the current Housepets arc), but it all depends, really.

Anyway, just a quick update and just stay tuned!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Heh. I never plan anything. But it's dialogue that's more my speciality and everything else comes from that.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Do whatever you feel you need to do Sean to continue writing this! Just as long as we eventually get some good stories again we can wait! :)
Harry Johnathan

Almost to 2000 posts, gee.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm not sure he was paying attention to that but at the time of this entry, the post count was 1666 so I'm changing that.
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:22 pm I'm not sure he was paying attention to that but at the time of this entry, the post count was 1666 so I'm changing that.
Thanks for triggering my religious OCD, now I'm twitching and performing rituals again because of you.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Does it matter that the certain number is probably on the high side of accurate by about 50?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If it is a trigger than it is a trigger. Doesn't really matter about statistics.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

It's been a while but I'm happy to say I am FINALLY returning to work on HousepetZ! My Self-Imposed Mental Rehab is going amazing and I'm to the point where I can get back to work on my stories and such (Gaming is becoming fun once again to me as well, just wanted to add this in). Nothing else to add but stay tuned: HOUSEPETZ RETURNS!
Harry Johnathan

Cool, cool.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Will really be looking forward to what you put out! I'm sure that it will be definitely worth the wait!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Thanks folks!

I have decided to split this arc into three parts just so you guys don't have a HUGE WALL OF TEXT TO READ when it comes out. Titles for each part are as follows (Feel free to speculate!):

Part 1: The Dream Warrior
Part 2: One Winged Pomeranian
Part 3: No More Games
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

For some reason I think that part 2 is gonna have a demon Tarot in it like Steward is in the comic. Only because I saw the title and can't stop thinking about Steward's wings. :mrgreen:
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:45 pm For some reason I think that part 2 is gonna have a demon Tarot in it like Steward is in the comic. Only because I saw the title and can't stop thinking about Steward's wings. :mrgreen:
All I can say is.... ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So that means I MUST be on a correct hunch if I got that! Can't wait to see what you have planned!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

HousepetZ:
LETTER FROM THE MAKER

Hello all! Just wanted to give a slight update to what's in-store for the future of HousepetZ. As of now, I'm currently finishing up the final part of 'The Amulet' arc, Heckraising The Heckbound Heart, and, while there is no date yet for when it'll go up, I'm hoping to be done with it soon. As for what's to come next? Happy to say I've already begun planning out the next major arc and the stories for said arc and this is something I've been wanting to do for a long time now. While I'm not ready to reveal the title of said arc, I can safely say that this upcoming story will be much easier for me to work on than the past arcs and stories and it'll be a nice return to form for both HousepetZ on a whole and me as well. Same time, I can say the arc will begin with a story that I've been wanting to do for a while but couldn't due to a variety of reasons. Said story will be entitled 'HousepetZ: A Good Day To Die Hard With A Vengeance' (All you Cousin Rodney fans are in for a treat) and will set up the what's to come with the upcoming arc.

As for Heckraising The Heckbound Heart? As stated previously, this is being separated into four parts as I'm pretty sure no one wants to read a HUGE LONG STRING OF TEXT AT ONCE :lol: With all that said, I do want to take this time and say, again, thank you all for sticking with me and making this little story I did for fun one day a huge success. Just reading the comments and seeing how you all are reacting to various moments (and shipping various characters)? It does bring a smile to my face :) Out of all the things I've done in my life, I never imagined that this little fan-fic about Housepets would be the biggest success story of mine. So, again, from the bottom of this ole' wolf's heart, Thank You!

~SeanWolf

P.S. On a very random note and to answer a potential question; I have thought about a HousepetZ fan-game but, right now? I want to focus on the story first :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

All of that sounds really good Sean! I honestly am looking forward to what you will put together!