Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

User avatar
Gameb18oy
Game Master
Posts: 1521
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:54 am

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Gameb18oy »

Deske wrote:T counted the groups to himself, Rose, Baja, Einar, Scallop... He tilted his head, "You guys have four people though. We've got three."
Scallop blushed realizing he'd been off counting the group numbers. "Um, my mistake... though why aren't the teams the same size?"
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

Gameb18oy wrote:Scallop blushed realizing he'd been off counting the group numbers. "Um, my mistake... though why aren't the teams the same size?"
"The assignment to retrieve Mrs. Monarch's son is considered more important, so that team is larger and more varied. The other team is also going with Ms. Chailyn, who will be able to do most of the assignment herself." Hagane explained.

"Now, if there are no further requests or objections, please line up with your teams in the entrance hall as soon as you are done eating." the Guildmaster said. "We will provide you all with travel bags and some items to help you, then you will be departing on your first assignments."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar stops at the entryway to listen to and consider Hagane's words, giving a hum of thought before saying, "My typing means I'll be better suited to my current job. Though the name Pidgeot Path... That implies a nesting ground..." he begins musing, starting to mumble. "That would mean wooded areas with either wild bug-types or small normal-types... possible predators could be in the area which would be... either dark, grass, or poison. I should do fairly well in most possible cases, yeah..."
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
User avatar
Champion Wallace
Posts: 1193
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:16 pm
Location: Sootopolis City penthouse

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Champion Wallace »

CyberDragon wrote:"Now, if there are no further requests or objections, please line up with your teams in the entrance hall as soon as you are done eating." the Guildmaster said. "We will provide you all with travel bags and some items to help you, then you will be departing on your first assignments."
Trent piles his used dishes onto a tray before carrying it into the kitchen. After dropping them off to be cleaned he moseys over to the entrance hall. Trent gives one of the bags a sniff before giving a shake and trying it on, feeling how the weight distributed itself across his body.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Image
Image
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Deske »

"Our team's basically all here, I guess we're just waiting on Ms. Chailyn to get whatever she needs to?" T hopped down off the chair and gave his legs a good stretch.
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:"Our team's basically all here, I guess we're just waiting on Ms. Chailyn to get whatever she needs to?" T hopped down off the chair and gave his legs a good stretch.
"Yeah." Kimera said. "We need to wait for Ms. Chailyn. We also need our explorer bags. Let's go grab some!" the Riolu skipped off to the corner of the main hall where the different bags were kept. Kimera looked through the different colors. "Hey, Dad, are there any differences between these bags besides color?" he asked Hagane.

"All of the bags have the same set of items in them." Hagane announced. "There are two reviver seeds, two Oran berries, a Lum berry, four pecha berries, one leppa berry, and one escape orb." Hagane listed the tools they were provided with. "Please use these items sparingly, as we are low on supplies and can't replace these items very easily."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

Noticing that his peers are stepping past him into the main hall, Einar follows suit. The Rockruff goes over to join Trent, and starts with helping to adjust the bag to better rest on his fellow quadruped. " Working together today. You sure you're comfortable going into wild Pidgey grounds?"

Chailyn steps back up from storage, holding some gear, and still humming her own little tune. The Gloom comes to a stop when she notices that everyone is slowly gathering. "Did everyone finish eating? I didn't think I had spent that long looking for everything..."
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
User avatar
Champion Wallace
Posts: 1193
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:16 pm
Location: Sootopolis City penthouse

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Champion Wallace »

Leafolawl wrote:Noticing that his peers are stepping past him into the main hall, Einar follows suit. The Rockruff goes over to join Trent, and starts with helping to adjust the bag to better rest on his fellow quadruped. " Working together today. You sure you're comfortable going into wild Pidgey grounds?"
"Why wouldn't I be? Thanks for the help. Those Pidgey may be uncivilized, but one look at my fighting style should show them who's boss. I'm not some sheltered city Pokémon. Worst case scenario? I'm confident I could slip away and escape anything too strong."
The cape comes with the promotion.
Image
Image
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Deske »

"Dibs on red!" T says, running after Kimera. He quickly slipped into the bag and tightened it down around him with his teeth.
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:"Dibs on red!" T says, running after Kimera. He quickly slipped into the bag and tightened it down around him with his teeth.
"Hmm..." Kimera looked at the selection, considering what color bag he wanted. "I'll go wiiiiith... Green!" He chirped. Kimera bent down, picked up the bag, and put it on. He tightened the straps on it, having a bit of an easier time than T since he had hands. Kimera looked at where the bags used to be and noticed they were both sitting on a piece of silk. "Oh yeah! The guild scarves!" Kimera picked the green one up and helped tie the red one around T's neck. "Here you go!"

Meanwhile, Hagane's aura sensors lifted into the air, and he looked toward the door. Looking puzzled, he walked over and opened it, seeing a rather large and old purugly on the other side. Hagane started talking with the feline for a moment, then called Baja and Rose over. The purugly was their father, and he had to take them home.

When they were gone, Hagane stepped back away from the door. "Alright everyone. There's a bit of a change in plans. Baja and Rose are not going on the critical assignment. As such... Kimera, T, you will be going in their place to Pidgeot Path to look for Mrs. Monarch's son. Luke, Scallop, you're still going with Chailyn. For now, the team heading to Pidgeot Path should depart as soon as you're ready." he ordered.

Kimera nodded and enthusiastically bounded out the door. "Come on, guys! Let's go!"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar flicks an ear as Kimera calls out. "I don't even have..!" He sighs, ears splaying back. "Fighting types," he groans, exasperated. He quickly dons the closest set, a medium purple. "Are you ready to head out?" he asks, looking to Trent.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
User avatar
Champion Wallace
Posts: 1193
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:16 pm
Location: Sootopolis City penthouse

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Champion Wallace »

CyberDragon wrote:Meanwhile, Hagane's aura sensors lifted into the air, and he looked toward the door. Looking puzzled, he walked over and opened it, seeing a rather large and old purugly on the other side. Hagane started talking with the feline for a moment, then called Baja and Rose over. The purugly was their father, and he had to take them home.
"Goodbye! No hard feelings, right?"
Leafolawl wrote:Einar flicks an ear as Kimera calls out. "I don't even have..!" He sighs, ears splaying back. "Fighting types," he groans, exasperated. He quickly dons the closest set, a medium purple. "Are you ready to head out?" he asks, looking to Trent.
"Almost!" Trent cries out. He examines the chrome scarf for a moment before grabbing it in his teeth, swinging it over his shoulder, and tying it in a flash. "Now I am." Trent bounds forward to catch up with Kimera, stops to adjust something with his pack, then resumes power walking.
Last edited by Champion Wallace on Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Image
Image
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar adjusts his own bag to fit it a little better before turning towards the door, though he... hesitates for a moment. "... Guildmaster Hagane," he addresses, "I've read mystery dungeons interfere with aura sense... Where might I find Mrs. Monarch? It could help to have the kid's scent."
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

Leafolawl wrote:Einar adjusts his own bag to fit it a little better before turning towards the door, though he... hesitates for a moment. "... Guildmaster Hagane," he addresses, "I've read mystery dungeons interfere with aura sense... Where might I find Mrs. Monarch? It could help to have the kid's scent."
"She should be by the town gateway." Hagane said. "She'll answer any questions you have, but you should hurry."

------------------------------
Leafolawl wrote:Einar flicks an ear as Kimera calls out. "I don't even have..!" He sighs, ears splaying back. "Fighting types," he groans, exasperated. He quickly dons the closest set, a medium purple. "Are you ready to head out?" he asks, looking to Trent.
Champion Wallace wrote:"Almost!" Trent cries out. He examines the chrome scarf for a moment before grabbing it in his teeth, swinging it over his shoulder, and tying it in a flash. "Now I am." Trent bounds forward to catch up with Kimera, stops to adjust something with his pack, then resumes power walking.
Kimera realized he accidentally left everyone else behind and slowed his pace slightly. "Um... sorry, guys. I'm just excited is all!" he skipped alongside his new friends as they made their way to the town entrance where a panic-stricken butterfree was waiting.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Deske »

"Aw yeah, magic scarves," T said excitedly, "Thanks!" He said before excitedly running after Kimera. Once he caught up he spent a few moments taking in the sight of the town in the daytime, still rather unused to the view. "That's a pretty good idea. I haven't had to sniff something out in a little while though..."
User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4058
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Legotron123 »

Alan was tidying up the kitchen, helping Taylor clean up the dishes used to make breakfast, when he heard a squawk coming from the window. Looking up, he saw a Pelipper standing on the window still, holding a letter on it’s beak. He took the letter and gave the bird a quick nod of thank you, opening it as the Flying-type flew away. As he read the letter, his face quickly took on a scowl, something his co-cook quickly picked up on.
“Whatzzz wrong? Bad newzzz?” Taylor asked, clearly concerned.
Alan let out a long sigh as he put the letter down and pinched the bridge of his nose. “You could say that. Some of Amina’s old enemies have tracked down me and Luke. I’m going to have to stay at my moms for a bit until I can find a new place for us to live.”
Taylor was silent for a moment, realizing what this meant. “Zzzo thizzz izz-“
“Goodbye, yes.” Alan said, clearly not happy about this either. “For what it’s worth, you’ve been an amazing friend, and an even better co-cook.”
The Vespiquen smiled fondly, yet sadly, as she gently ruffled the fur on her friends head. “I feel the exact same way. It’s been a delight to have you in my kitchen.”
Returning the sad smile, Alan gave her a quick hug before heading out to find his son. After briefly pausing to let Lance know what the situation, he found his son with the others near the town gates. “Luke, we need to head home and pack.”
“What? Why!?” Luke said, sounding confused and upset.
“Some people who really didn’t like your mother are on their way here, and we need to be gone by the time they get here. I’ll tell you more on the way, now come on.” He said, clearly somewhat nervous and wanting to rush things along.
“Oh. Okay.” The Riolu said, clearly unhappy but also rather resigned. Before he left, he turned to look at the others. “Bye guys. Hope to see you again someday.” And with that, Alan and Luke walked away, heading towards their home to get ready to skip town.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar gives the Lucario a quick nod of understanding before running out to catch up with his companions and share his thoughts...
- - -
"If you're feeling nervous about it, we'll be doubling up anyways. Scent tracking was one of the first things my mom made sure I know how to do," he assures, tail wagging. "Excuse me, would you happen to be Mrs. Monarch? We were sent from the guild," the Rockruff introduces, inclining his head towards the rest of the group.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:Alan was tidying up the kitchen, helping Taylor clean up the dishes used to make breakfast, when he heard a squawk coming from the window. Looking up, he saw a Pelipper standing on the window still, holding a letter on it’s beak. He took the letter and gave the bird a quick nod of thank you, opening it as the Flying-type flew away. As he read the letter, his face quickly took on a scowl, something his co-cook quickly picked up on.
“Whatzzz wrong? Bad newzzz?” Taylor asked, clearly concerned.
Alan let out a long sigh as he put the letter down and pinched the bridge of his nose. “You could say that. Some of Amina’s old enemies have tracked down me and Luke. I’m going to have to stay at my moms for a bit until I can find a new place for us to live.”
Taylor was silent for a moment, realizing what this meant. “Zzzo thizzz izz-“
“Goodbye, yes.” Alan said, clearly not happy about this either. “For what it’s worth, you’ve been an amazing friend, and an even better co-cook.”
The Vespiquen smiled fondly, yet sadly, as she gently ruffled the fur on her friends head. “I feel the exact same way. It’s been a delight to have you in my kitchen.”
Returning the sad smile, Alan gave her a quick hug before heading out to find his son. After briefly pausing to let Lance know what the situation, he found his son with the others near the town gates. “Luke, we need to head home and pack.”
“What? Why!?” Luke said, sounding confused and upset.
“Some people who really didn’t like your mother are on their way here, and we need to be gone by the time they get here. I’ll tell you more on the way, now come on.” He said, clearly somewhat nervous and wanting to rush things along.
“Oh. Okay.” The Riolu said, clearly unhappy but also rather resigned. Before he left, he turned to look at the others. “Bye guys. Hope to see you again someday.” And with that, Alan and Luke walked away, heading towards their home to get ready to skip town.
"Huh?" Kimera turned to see Luke and Alan already leaving. Feeling sad his friend was going, and not really sure what was happening or why, his ears and head both drooped slightly. "Oh... um... Ok. By, Luke." He waved goodbye, and then turned to join his other new companions. The bounce in his step was noticeably absent, and a tear or two rolled down his cheek.
Deske wrote:"Aw yeah, magic scarves," T said excitedly, "Thanks!" He said before excitedly running after Kimera. Once he caught up he spent a few moments taking in the sight of the town in the daytime, still rather unused to the view. "That's a pretty good idea. I haven't had to sniff something out in a little while though..."
Leafolawl wrote:Einar gives the Lucario a quick nod of understanding before running out to catch up with his companions and share his thoughts...
- - -
"If you're feeling nervous about it, we'll be doubling up anyways. Scent tracking was one of the first things my mom made sure I know how to do," he assures, tail wagging. "Excuse me, would you happen to be Mrs. Monarch? We were sent from the guild," the Rockruff introduces, inclining his head towards the rest of the group.
The butterfree, who was just rubbing her hands and antennae together anxiously, fluttered around in the air, turning to face the oncoming explorers. Noticing and recognizing Kimera among them, she sighed with some small relief. "Oh, thank Arceus. Yes, I am. This is all my fault... the store was out of Perfect Apples, and I told him he could find some in the Apple Fields... But he went the wrong way, and forgot his bag!" She fluttered down and landed on the ground, picking a small pack made for a Caterpie off of the ground. "Please, you have to find him and give him his bag and bring him back! The pidgey out there know not to go for civilized pokemon, but without his bag he doesn't have anything to show he's not wild!"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Champion Wallace
Posts: 1193
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:16 pm
Location: Sootopolis City penthouse

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Champion Wallace »

Legotron123 wrote:“Oh. Okay.” The Riolu said, clearly unhappy but also rather resigned. Before he left, he turned to look at the others. “Bye guys. Hope to see you again someday.” And with that, Alan and Luke walked away, heading towards their home to get ready to skip town.
"I hope we meet again soon." Trent wanted to say something more, but hadn't interacted with Luke enough for something personal.
CyberDragon wrote:The butterfree, who was just rubbing her hands and antennae together anxiously, fluttered around in the air, turning to face the oncoming explorers. Noticing and recognizing Kimera among them, she sighed with some small relief. "Oh, thank Arceus. Yes, I am. This is all my fault... the store was out of Perfect Apples, and I told him he could find some in the Apple Fields... But he went the wrong way, and forgot his bag!" She fluttered down and landed on the ground, picking a small pack made for a Caterpie off of the ground. "Please, you have to find him and give him his bag and bring him back! The pidgey out there know not to go for civilized pokemon, but without his bag he doesn't have anything to show he's not wild!"
"You have nothing to fear, Ms. Monarch! Our rescue team has never once failed a mission." His confidence tried to not betray they've never once completed a mission, either. "You said he doesn't have anything to show he's not wild. Does he have any unique markings so we can identify him? Any place you'd think he'd hide? A name to call out? Any information would be helpful." Trent inquired.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Image
Image
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

"I'd also like to take the bag with us, if we may. If aura fails, scent is a very reliable backup for keeping us on the right track, and I'm sure it'd be very reassuring to your son to have something of his in his possession once more, especially one so identifying," the Rockruff reasons, keeping his stance confident to try matching Trent's boldness. "Hard to imagine what it would feel like, being mistaken for a wild Pokémon."
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Deske »

T slowed to a stop next to Kimera, stealing a quick glance at him before turning to listen the butterfree who was going on about her son and apples or something. He wasn't quite sure why Kimera was sad, himself having only known Luke since sometime yesterday, but whether it was that or something else he knew it just wouldn't do. As the Mrs. Monarch talked on about how it was her fault her son had a poor sense of direction, T leaned himself lightly against the Riolu. He was pretty sure this was a comforting gesture because he'd seen others do it, but this was his first time doing it and meaning it. "Pidgey have pretty good eyesight and they tend to travel far enough to see civilized pokemon. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to recognize one when they see one. I mean, I can smell the difference between pokemon, they can probably see a difference," T lied through his teeth, he had no idea if Pidgey's could see a difference like he could smell a difference. Nevertheless, he hoped that would bring some comfort to the butterfree.
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

Champion Wallace wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:05 pm "You have nothing to fear, Ms. Monarch! Our rescue team has never once failed a mission." His confidence tried to not betray they've never once completed a mission, either. "You said he doesn't have anything to show he's not wild. Does he have any unique markings so we can identify him? Any place you'd think he'd hide? A name to call out? Any information would be helpful." Trent inquired.
"His antenna... He hatched with purple antenna instead of red. We... we named him Wiki, after the purple berry..." She said, barely able to contain her fear.
Leafolawl wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:18 pm "I'd also like to take the bag with us, if we may. If aura fails, scent is a very reliable backup for keeping us on the right track, and I'm sure it'd be very reassuring to your son to have something of his in his possession once more, especially one so identifying," the Rockruff reasons, keeping his stance confident to try matching Trent's boldness. "Hard to imagine what it would feel like, being mistaken for a wild Pokémon."
"Yes! Of course! You have to take the bag! It has his Chesto berries in it. He... He has a bit of a sleep disorder. If he's fallen asleep... He'll be completely vulnerable!" The butterfree handed the bag over to Kimera as he was the only one with the hands to carry it. Kimera slung it around his shoulder.
Deske wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:40 pm T slowed to a stop next to Kimera, stealing a quick glance at him before turning to listen the butterfree who was going on about her son and apples or something. He wasn't quite sure why Kimera was sad, himself having only known Luke since sometime yesterday, but whether it was that or something else he knew it just wouldn't do. As the Mrs. Monarch talked on about how it was her fault her son had a poor sense of direction, T leaned himself lightly against the Riolu. He was pretty sure this was a comforting gesture because he'd seen others do it, but this was his first time doing it and meaning it. "Pidgey have pretty good eyesight and they tend to travel far enough to see civilized pokemon. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to recognize one when they see one. I mean, I can smell the difference between pokemon, they can probably see a difference," T lied through his teeth, he had no idea if Pidgey's could see a difference like he could smell a difference. Nevertheless, he hoped that would bring some comfort to the butterfree.
"Thank you..." Mrs. Monarch said, though her voice was clear that did little to ease her concerns. She knew there was nothing visibly inherent to civilized pokemon that would cause the Pidgey to identify her son as civilized. Even if there was, it's possible the Pidgey wouldn't care. "Now... Go. Don't waste any more time! Please bring my son home safe!"

"Come on, guys! We've got a rescue mission to go on!" Kimera punched the air and started for the town gates.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar gives one final nod to Mrs. Monarch, then follows after the Riolu. "If he's smart, he'll have hidden himself once he got lost. Preferably somewhere he can keep watch to the outside, but if he can hear us calling at the least, it should be fine." the Rockruff shakes himself a bit. "That said, with a sleep disorder, we might just have to rely on being able to track him down, which shouldn't be hard; we have a good team for that."
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Deske »

"Personally, I dunno why you'd let someone with a sleeping disorder out on their own. That's just asking for trouble," T said, following after Kimera. "And I wouldn't trust a city mon to know to put himself in a position that lets him keep watch while having an escape route. 'Specially not a kid. He could be anywhere."
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

Leafolawl wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:30 am Einar gives one final nod to Mrs. Monarch, then follows after the Riolu. "If he's smart, he'll have hidden himself once he got lost. Preferably somewhere he can keep watch to the outside, but if he can hear us calling at the least, it should be fine." the Rockruff shakes himself a bit. "That said, with a sleep disorder, we might just have to rely on being able to track him down, which shouldn't be hard; we have a good team for that."
Deske wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:58 am "Personally, I dunno why you'd let someone with a sleeping disorder out on their own. That's just asking for trouble," T said, following after Kimera. "And I wouldn't trust a city mon to know to put himself in a position that lets him keep watch while having an escape route. 'Specially not a kid. He could be anywhere."
"I used to sneak out all the time, though I think Dad always knew when I did." Kim said as they ran down the path. "Point is, she probably didn't let him out. He probably snuck out on his own. But I think you're right. A kid from the city isn't going to understand how to survive in the woods, especially not a bug type in bird territory!"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

"She said she told him where to find apples. I don't think he snuck out, with that in mind... Also, that last bit isn't inapplicable to fighting types. You're visibly the strongest here, but don't be afraid to step behind me for cover if you need," Einar reminds, keeping his paws moving. "Open invitation for all."
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

"Oh... Right..." Kimera said, rubbing his ear sheepishly. "And yeah, flying types are a little scary... But I can take a few pidgy if I can hit them before they hit me!"

The group continued along the road until they came across a fork. To the right, the group would be able to see Appletun Orchards in the distance. The left led through the brightly lit forest.

"Huh... The road sign is gone..." Kimera observed. "Still, Caterpi should have been able to see the right way to go... Unless..." The Riolu crouched down, then laid on his stomach so his eyes were where a caterpi's head would be. "Oh. There's a small bump in the road. Wiki wouldn't have been able to see the orchard past it."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

The rockruff stares at the orchard, then decides his time is better spent sniffing the bag. "... Silk, apples, berries... woods, smells like frequent tree climbing, and... Ah, that's Wiki," he muses quietly, stepping back and wagging his tail as he sniffs at the air. "Smells like he's here with some regularity, might know the area well enough to have known where it is. I won't rule out a deliberate detour, but then I've not been in town long enough to know him.

"Aura might still be the fastest way to follow him for now... That, and you know the area, and he's been through here in the last..." He pauses to sniff at the ground. "Yeah, in the last day. Where to?"
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Deske »

"Yeah, I caught the same whiff as you. I still don't know how he got lost with, like, three different ways to find it." T sniffed the ground around him, "Whatever. Smells like he went this way-" He motions with his head in the way the scent seems to head. "At least, that's the way his scent on the ground goes. Maybe he decided to go sightseeing and didn't know how far out he got," he says, sitting back on his haunches and giving the group his best shrug.
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

Leafolawl wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:23 am The rockruff stares at the orchard, then decides his time is better spent sniffing the bag. "... Silk, apples, berries... woods, smells like frequent tree climbing, and... Ah, that's Wiki," he muses quietly, stepping back and wagging his tail as he sniffs at the air. "Smells like he's here with some regularity, might know the area well enough to have known where it is. I won't rule out a deliberate detour, but then I've not been in town long enough to know him.

"Aura might still be the fastest way to follow him for now... That, and you know the area, and he's been through here in the last..." He pauses to sniff at the ground. "Yeah, in the last day. Where to?"
"Um..." Kimera rubbed the back of his head and fidgeted. "I've never really gone into Pidgey Path on my own before. Same reason bug types and ground types don't... Though I guess bug types have the most to worry about. I can try to hone in on Wiki's aura, but my sense isn't as good as Dad's. But... I'll give it a go."

Kimera relaxed, closed his eyes, and sat on the ground in a meditative position. The black appendages on his head lifted up and twitched slightly. He could feel the emotions around him, though they were jumbled together quite badly. He could pick up a weak aura around them. It was old, but not too old. It felt like it belonged to something small... Kimera followed it with his mind, reaching into the forest before...

The Riolu opened his eyes. "Yeah, he took a wrong turn alright. I can tell he went into the forest, but after that... I don't know. There's too many pokemon living in there for me to pick one aura over another. Not from this distance, at least..." Kimera flipped backwards and did a hand spring, landing on his feet.
Deske wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:51 am "Yeah, I caught the same whiff as you. I still don't know how he got lost with, like, three different ways to find it." T sniffed the ground around him, "Whatever. Smells like he went this way-" He motions with his head in the way the scent seems to head. "At least, that's the way his scent on the ground goes. Maybe he decided to go sightseeing and didn't know how far out he got," he says, sitting back on his haunches and giving the group his best shrug.
"I met Wiki before." Kim said. "He's not the brightest Ampharos in the Mareep herd. We can ask him what he's doing when we find him though. Come on!" Kimera enthusiastically bounded off in the direction of the forest. He was almost out of sight when he stopped. It wasn't that he realized he left the others behind; he was so excited to go on an adventure he sort of forgot he was faster than the others. No, he stopped because he felt something odd nearby. His aura sensors twitched. "There's something nearby. It feels... like... sort of injured? Like... It's a Pokemon aura, and it feels like it's normally strong, but it's not right now. It also really stands out, like an electric type in the middle of a lake..."

The Riolu looks around, trying to figure out where the aura was coming from, raising his aura sensors like one of his companions might raise their nose to sniff the air. "There's also another aura. Not as strong, but also not really weakened either... It feels calm, but maybe a bit worried?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

"Fighting, first and foremost, is a battle of wills. If you don't know how you're winning before that hit lands, you're done."

The earth just to her left bursts open, dirt and grass spraying into the air and raining onto Marble's coat as her Agility boost throws her just past the path of the razor winds. Her claws tear streaks through the grass as she skids to a stop, muscles protesting violently to the rough treatment. But as long as the alternative was being launched into the air again, she'd just have to grin and bear it. I am winning. I'm distracting this featherbrain. As long as he's here with me he isn't hunting that kid, and with the racket he's making I won't have to worry about others in his territory. Her stance stays low, eyes locked on the massive bird of prey. Every wingbeat is calmly monitored, every deviation in the feathers' movements tensing her stance for the next dive.

"Now, taking this hit doesn't mean you have to lose control of the fight. Make it work to your advantage. Show them that it was part of your plan, not theirs."

"Still hiding in the sky! Not used to something that can fight back, huh?" The ruffled Growlithe shouts, baring her teeth to hide a wince of pain. "You fight like a coward!" Her attacks were meaningless. Her ranged attack was Ember, and with the fierce winds surrounding the Pokemon on each beat, there was no point. She didn't really need him to land, as she had no real intent on retaliating, but considering the speed at which he flew, it would have to slow him down. The first Gust alone had thrown her off both the path and her paws, leaving her open to a vicious follow-up before she could even react. Her shouts were practically unheard in her own ears, deafened by the frantic pounding of her own heart.

"Pfa, your mom makes fighting a whole thing. All you gotta remember is that pain's in your head... so just forget about it. Think about something else!"

Love you Dad, but terrible timing. It's hard not to see the cuts the claws left on her back, feel the aches where she'd been tenderized. Her gaze is thrown off as the glare from the sun gives the Pidgeot overhead a blazing outline, bringing a new sense of danger as she loses quality sight of her opponent. Marble pauses, her breath steadying as she calmly shifts into a normal sitting position. I'll admit... that light breeze from the murder winds... that fresh forest smell... and the Morning Sun sitting up there... A paw lightly drags along the dew that's dampened her fire prowess, a self-assured smile replacing the pained grimace. Her pain, suddenly forgotten. It is a beautiful day for a fight.
============
An audience of crawling vines and overextended branches block the sky's light, sheltering the suddenly self-appointed medic and his patient from on(over?)lookers. Moss and grass seems to lean in towards the pair of Pokemon in the center of the canopied area, glowing a dull green as nature's power flows through them all. Normally, this is an idyllic scene for Ilex. Finding another Pokemon in the area wouldn't have bothered him as long as they didn't attack him. But a kid, out this far? Alone? Injured? Suddenly it's a little less comforting.

This isn't exactly a specialty of his, despite how apt his natural abilities are. Thankfully, his current duty is merely to lift a leaf off of the Caterpie's wound. His two vines slowly, caaaarefully apply pressure to the two sides, geeeently lifting it to the side and - "Look at that!" Ilex notes aloud, reporting "Cut's alllll gone. How're you feeling, bud?" as he pushes himself back to a full standing position to fix Wick with a warm smile. The leaf is tossed aside, vines retracting into the collar again as he waits for a response. "Don't move too quick now, that's deeper than most I've healed. Gotta take it slow." A quick nod of his head finishes his advising, but the Grassy Terrain had been in full power for plenty of time to allow a full recovery - especially in a younger Pokemon.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar slows to listen... but the news only makes him grimace. "Then there's no sense slowing down. First priority should be the injured, we can check for clues from there." His attention goes to the poochyena. "T, you're light on your paws and aren't at a type disadvantage here unless there's bug-types we need to worry about, so you should lead the way."

His eyes then snap to Kimera in a similar fashion. "Kim, point which way we need to go and stick close to me, grab onto my tail if you have to; we might be heading into trouble. Focus on any auras above us, and let us know if anything comes our way. Everyone good with this?" the rockruff says in an attempt to assume control of the situation, and seemingly unphased by the sudden escalation of danger.

((Aura note: Einar's nervous; a little scared even, but his urgency and drive are not an act.))

(((OoC: Edit to correct sentence.)))
Last edited by Leafolawl on Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

Leafolawl wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:39 am Einar slows to listen... but the news only makes him grimace. "Then there's no sense slowing down. First priority should be the injured, we can check for clues from there." His attention goes to the poochyena. "T, you're light on your paws and aren't at a type disadvantage here unless there's bug-types we need to worry about, so you should lead the way."

His eyes then snap to Kimera in a similar fashion. "Kim, point which way we need to go and stick close to me, grab onto my tail if you have to; we might be heading into trouble. Focus on any auras above us, and let us know if anything comes our way. Everyone good with this?" the rockruff days in an attempt to assume control of the situation, and seemingly unphased by the sudden escalation of danger.

((Aura note: Einar's nervous; a little scared even, but his urgency and drive are not an act.))
"Right. The injured Pokemon is this way!" Kimera pointed down the road towards Pidgey Path. "And... Up there!" the Riolu pointed to something in the sky. "It's got a strong aura. I think it's a Pidgeot! And it looks like it's attacking something!"

--------------------------

Meanwhile the Pidgeot in question had the interfering Growlith in it's sights. It had flown up high against the sun, in an attempt to keep it's enemy blind. Pidgeot's wings glowed, and it suddenly dived to launch a Wing Attack at Marble.

--------------------------

Wiki the Caterpie sniffled, still clearly scared even if his injuries were quickly starting to heal. "*snif!* I... Thank you... Mr... I... I want my mommy... I wanna go home!"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

Marble silently flexes her muscles silently as she watches the area, waiting for the follow-up. Doing so opens her coat slightly, allowing her body heat to begin to steam off the dew collected on her fur. In a few moments she'd be able to ignite the air, but trying to do so while wet normally just made it take more effort. She didn't need fire yet anyway.

An odd breeze pushes against her flank, leading her to check on the bird overhead. "I like your feathers, by the way!" She calls out, trying to keep her movement to a minimum to allow her healing to work. Hopefully this guy doesn't hate me too much after this. I just can't let him attack a kid. There's no immediate reaction as it falls into its dive, merely watching as the background, the sky, the ground - anything that isn't her and her opponent, falls into a sea of darkness.

"In an emergency situation, no one is going to give you time to think. You have to take it."

If I could just move at this speed I wouldn't have so many emergencies. The Growlithe responds automatically, responding to her memories as though they were independent. She watches the Pigeot's feathers ruffle in the wind, the hostile silhouette racing towards her at the speed of a running Slowpoke. Her own muscles aren't responding at all - she can't turn away, move, even speak, but that's normal. All she's doing is thinking, after all; thinking at a speed far faster than her body could currently hope to act. One day, though...

The subtle beginnings of the migraine that always followed this skill poke at the back of her thoughts, pulling her back on track. The Agility and Morning Sun effects end as she sits and thinks, their cognitive-based effects disrupted by the effort of such rapid consideration. Alright. So they're going for a dive attack. Obviously I just run underneath them to dodge, because with that angle they'll bury themselves if they try to dive harder. Or... That kid must've run off nearly a minute ago now. With the Sun regeneration active, she can't fight without burning through her stamina, and doing so threatens her ability to track him and catch up. Meaning I need to dedicate to a solution here. If this Pidgeot lives here, that means there's food for them here. I'm willing to bet there's other Pokemon willing to attack that Caterpie, either to protect their food or to make him into it. I need to keep them out of the air so I can go find him. The mental strain building quickly, Marble begins to skip to her decision. I'm warmed up enough - it's sunny out, so one for me, they're diving, one for them, both untrained powers, no points for type advantage... this should be an even clash. I won't be able to get my recovery again, but if this works, I can just run. Arceus help me.

"Alright, let's do this!" And she lets everything begin to collapse. The sun fades back into the sky, illuminating the shining grass and surrounding trees. The bright blue sky stands overhead, supporting the now rapidly approaching Pidgeot. All is just as it was before, excluding the pounding headache that warns her not to try that again for a good time. Marble's stance lowers, the air around her wavering before exploding into an inferno of violent flames.

A moment before the Wing Attack connects, the burning being throws her full force into a Flame Wheel directed at the Pidgeot's shoulder joint. This does nothing to defend her or stop the attack, and with the direct hit she took she's left in a crumpled heap several feet away until the blinding pain subsides enough to check how it went. Marble attempts to get to her feet, teeth grit and heavily wincing, but her legs refuse to respond, suddenly heavier than steel. Right... They're... stronger than me. With a few weak coughs she cranes her neck back, trying to get some sight of the Pidgeot before her consciousness slips farther.
============
"Oh, hey hey bud, it's okay! We're gonna get you home, I promise! Nothing to worry about, I know forests like the back of my hands!" Ilex proclaims with a broad smile, no consideration given to what he's actually saying, but he waves his leaves anyway to accentuate his point. Surely the kid's mom is just around the corner or something. Butterfree were everywhere in greenery like this - he was a bit surprised she hadn't come as soon as she heard him crying, but maybe she was busy. The cheerful grass snake takes a step onto the path before stopping and spinning back to Wiki. "Which way is your home?"
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Deske »

T groaned as Kimera sprinted off again, taking off after him at a more relaxed pace, and finding himself beside the Riolu again after a couple seconds of running. He looks around, wondering if he can spot or smell what Kimera's talking about. "Sounds like someone else besides Wiki is out of their element." He shifts his nose from the air to the ground. "Lotta mon have been through here. But-" he walks a couple steps away from the group, quickly working his way in a small circle around them. "-Wiki's scent doesn't go straight in that direction. It's close, but it feels like it's wafting from somewhere else. Kinda confusing, really."
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

"We'll know more in a bit, but we need to go, now," the rockruff insists, this time being the one to start off the charge in the direction Kim indicated. "At the very least keep close, we might need everyone's strength!" Einar's eyes swing up for a bit, but he can't make out anything in the sky with the occasional breaks in the canopy. Instead he changes to forward-focusing, scanning for any threats there.

:Out of place. Fire, steel, psychic... uh... That's too much to consider. Weak, keep an eye for anything fighting to stand, or sick looking,: he goes over in his head, eyes going between branches and tree trunks as he runs ahead. :Worst case... something clearly unconscious, or with clear injuries that would keep it from fighting.:

:Wait, orange, there!: He keeps moving, only slowing down once he makes it into the clearing. "Good call Kim!" he shouts back, taking a quick look around, as well as a quick upward glance. :Hopefully we're not too late...:
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:43 pm "Oh, hey hey bud, it's okay! We're gonna get you home, I promise! Nothing to worry about, I know forests like the back of my hands!" Ilex proclaims with a broad smile, no consideration given to what he's actually saying, but he waves his leaves anyway to accentuate his point. Surely the kid's mom is just around the corner or something. Butterfree were everywhere in greenery like this - he was a bit surprised she hadn't come as soon as she heard him crying, but maybe she was busy. The cheerful grass snake takes a step onto the path before stopping and spinning back to Wiki. "Which way is your home?"
Wiki sniffed and lifted one of his nub feet in the direction of the road he came from. "I... I come from the town... My mommy is Mrs. Monarch... She sells nice smelling things and pretty flowers..." he said.

-----------------------------------

The Pidgeot felt the impact, and cried out as it's feathers started smoldering from the Burn left by Marble's attack. "You burned my wings!" the bird pokemon shrieked angrily. "And you made me lose my breakfast! You know how hard it is to find a fat, juicy bug around here?! I'll peck your eyes out!"

Pidgeot flapped it's wings hard, whipping the winds around it hard. Once the winds were thrashing and swirling around sufficiently, the bird thrust it's wings forward and sent a massive Twister tearing through the clearing towards Marble.
Deske wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:24 am T groaned as Kimera sprinted off again, taking off after him at a more relaxed pace, and finding himself beside the Riolu again after a couple seconds of running. He looks around, wondering if he can spot or smell what Kimera's talking about. "Sounds like someone else besides Wiki is out of their element." He shifts his nose from the air to the ground. "Lotta mon have been through here. But-" he walks a couple steps away from the group, quickly working his way in a small circle around them. "-Wiki's scent doesn't go straight in that direction. It's close, but it feels like it's wafting from somewhere else. Kinda confusing, really."
"That's definitely not Wiki. His aura would blend in better." Kimera said as he ran after Einar. "Wiki probably tried to take shelter in the Pidgey Path Mystery Dungeon. If he went in there though, it's going to be something of a pain to find him..."
Leafolawl wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:04 am "We'll know more in a bit, but we need to go, now," the rockruff insists, this time being the one to start off the charge in the direction Kim indicated. "At the very least keep close, we might need everyone's strength!" Einar's eyes swing up for a bit, but he can't make out anything in the sky with the occasional breaks in the canopy. Instead he changes to forward-focusing, scanning for any threats there.

:Out of place. Fire, steel, psychic... uh... That's too much to consider. Weak, keep an eye for anything fighting to stand, or sick looking,: he goes over in his head, eyes going between branches and tree trunks as he runs ahead. :Worst case... something clearly unconscious, or with clear injuries that would keep it from fighting.:

:Wait, orange, there!: He keeps moving, only slowing down once he makes it into the clearing. "Good call Kim!" he shouts back, taking a quick look around, as well as a quick upward glance. :Hopefully we're not too late...:
"Einar, look! Pidgeot over- ACK!" Kimera ducked behind a tree as the twister raged across the clearing. "I've got an idea! Get ready to throw some rocks, Einar!"

Kimera bolted out from behind the tree and ran like the wind through the clearing. He got directly below the Pidgeot, hopped once, then, on the rebound, the Riolu launched himself into the air. His right paw, wound back, glowed with power as his aura launched him into the air like a jet. He thrust his fist forward, striking the Pidgeot in the beak with a Sky Uppercut. The Pidgeot squawked, more out of shock and surprise at the sudden punch from the equally sudden aura puppy. Before he could even say a word though, Kimera opened his mouth, and Crunch'ed down on the bird's leg with his admittedly small teeth.

"EYAHH! LET GO YOU CRAZY FLUFFY CARVANHA!!!" the Pidgeot shrieked, thrashing about in midair and blasting the Riolu latched to it's leg with Gusts of wind.

Hanging on for dear life, Kimera tried shouting through his mouthful of bird leg. "ISH! 'USH! A! ERR'LE! I'EA!" (translation: This was a terrible idea). Looking on the positive side, the distraction greatly reduced the Pidgeot's altitude, and his attention wasn't on the others any more.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

The rockruff's claws dig into the ground to keep him from being entirely thrown aside by the Twister. "Do what?!" he exclaims... just a little too late to really say anything.

:Not good...: he thinks, grabbing a small stone and lobbing it at the Pidgeot to get its attention, hopes lying in his bravado as a rock-type will shake the bird pokemon. :Please be like Kim and fail to recognize I'm too weak to use a proper Rock Throw; I can handle being a priority target to a flying-type.:

"Why don't you bring that ire somewhere useful," he challenges. The rockruff Leers at the Pidgeot to get it to drop its guard, as well as play up his seriousness as a threat.

((Note: Imagine the lobbed stone more akin to thrown item gravelrock. It might have hurt a little, but it is by no means an attack with Rock Throw.))
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:56 pm Wiki sniffed and lifted one of his nub feet in the direction of the road he came from. "I... I come from the town... My mommy is Mrs. Monarch... She sells nice smelling things and pretty flowers..." he said.
The explanation given floated just above Ilex's head, but the point was enough for it to work. Where 'the town' is or what he meant by selling flowers really didn't matter. "Got it, thataway." The Servine takes another eager step before once again stopping short. "Can you walk alright or do you need me to carry you, bud?" While his wounds were no longer visible, Ilex had long learned the pain doesn't fade quite as quickly. Putting the Caterpie on his tail as he walked would be quicker - and provide a sort of defense around him thanks to his sharp leaves.
===========
Leafolawl wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:04 am [...] :Wait, orange, there!: He keeps moving, only slowing down once he makes it into the clearing. "Good call Kim!" he shouts back, taking a quick look around, as well as a quick upward glance. :Hopefully we're not too late...:
Nooooo.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:56 pm "Einar, look! Pidgeot over- ACK!" Kimera ducked behind a tree as the twister raged across the clearing. "I've got an idea! Get ready to throw some rocks, Einar!"
NO.
The dull static holding her thoughts at bay starts to recede as an automatic reaction forces her to her feet, eyes shut tight and teeth grit against the pain. Civvies. There's civvies here. Move.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:56 pm The Pidgeot felt the impact, and cried out as it's feathers started smoldering from the Burn left by Marble's attack. "You burned my wings!" the bird pokemon shrieked angrily. "And you made me lose my breakfast! You know how hard it is to find a fat, juicy bug around here?! I'll peck your eyes out!"

Pidgeot flapped it's wings hard, whipping the winds around it hard. Once the winds were thrashing and swirling around sufficiently, the bird thrust it's wings forward and sent a massive Twister tearing through the clearing towards Marble.

Kimera bolted out from behind the tree and ran like the wind through the clearing. He got directly below the Pidgeot, hopped once, then, on the rebound, the Riolu launched himself into the air. His right paw, wound back, glowed with power as his aura launched him into the air like a jet. He thrust his fist forward, striking the Pidgeot in the beak with a Sky Uppercut. The Pidgeot squawked, more out of shock and surprise at the sudden punch from the equally sudden aura puppy. Before he could even say a word though, Kimera opened his mouth, and Crunch'ed down on the bird's leg with his admittedly small teeth.

"EYAHH! LET GO YOU CRAZY FLUFFY CARVANHA!!!" the Pidgeot shrieked, thrashing about in midair and blasting the Riolu latched to it's leg with Gusts of wind.

Hanging on for dear life, Kimera tried shouting through his mouthful of bird leg. "ISH! 'USH! A! ERR'LE! I'EA!" (translation: This was a terrible idea). Looking on the positive side, the distraction greatly reduced the Pidgeot's altitude, and his attention wasn't on the others any more.
She can't open her eyes, she can't formulate a plan. It's like her brain just isn't working. But this... this was a weekly event back home. What was there to think about?

The Twister tears against her, shaking her stance. She begins to shiver from just the exertion of forcing the cloudiness from her activity, keeping herself where she is. Thankfully the injuries seemed to help her clarity, slightly loosening the stranglehold her clumsy headbutt spread over her intelligence.

"STOP. THIS. NOW!" Two furious barks precede a mighty Roar, bursting from the Growlithe and throughout the battlefield. Her eyes fly open, adrenaline pulsing through her as she switches to a more aggressive, pounce-ready stance. Her voice shifts to a hoarser tone, authority woven into her words as though she'd practiced. "ALL OF YOU! THIS FIGHT IS OVER!" Her glare fixes on the bird first. "Pidgeot, go soak your wing before you lose your chance to fly away. Burns fester. I'll come back another time for you to take your revenge, but you won't win while these civvies want to interfere. We will ALL be out of your territory before you're done, you have my word." Her attention switches between the Riolu and the Pidgeot every few moments, her glare challenging them to disobey. Her actual ability to back up these commands was limited, but with the wounds mostly hidden she'd appear as able as ever. I don't want to have to faint him, but... he's definitely more hostile than the ones back home. Makes my job a lot harder.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Deske »

T had been preparing to probably do something, maybe anything to help Kimera, but was waylaid by the sudden Roar that had come from the Growlithe. He listens, if only because it keeps him from having to fight, but doesn't really believe she can back up what she saying. He even chuckles at the mention of "civvies", retorting, "What are you, the police?" in a half joking manner. He continued to watch Kimera, not that he could catch him or anything like that.
Post Reply