Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:56 pm Wiki winced at the pressure against his wound, but didn't say anything in response. He seemed either too scared to, or he didn't want to admit it hurt.
The pressure lightens slightly, worry clear on the Servine's frown. "Hey, kiddo, you don't have to brace yourself." One vine retracts into his collar, returning damp with the Aromatherapy-infused sap. It carefully paints the area around the wound and bandage in an attempt to soothe the pain. "Everything's gonna be okay. Let me worry about how it looks, because I can see it. But I can't tell what hurts, alright? I need you to help me with that. There's no treating it if the treatment's just as bad as the cut, right?" Ilex responds softly, trying to reassure the Caterpie.
===========
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:56 pm The oddish were ignoring the growlithe's words. Whatever their reasons for joining the Monster House, they weren't persuaded to abandon those reasons. They started shaking their leaves, purple Poison Powder started drifting from them. [...]
That'll do. Figured they had nothing to lose, and planting the status spore idea in a pair of dimbulbs saves waiting for them to do it themselves. Not sure how they don't realize this is my plan, but whatever.

As soon as the leaves start to shake the Growlithe drops to the ground, letting the spores hover down towards her for but a moment before suddenly tensing her form. This opens her coat, allowing the pent-up heat that would sustain her flames to escape rapidly upwards - carrying the spores up several feet before they can continue their dispersal through the area. While it's a vulnerable position to be in, with her strongest defense deliberately spread thin to allow this maneuver, the two Oddish pose little threat alone and any approaching Pokemon would be hard-pressed to avoid the very air between them. She gives herself a moment to admire the shimmering purple rain (with little else she can actually do, as standing would put her above the source) before noticing what exactly is occurring.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:56 pm Scyther staggered to its feet, a burn where Kim had kicked him. He swayed dangerously, then fainted and fell to the ground. Kim blinked. The area got quiet. He had no idea how he managed to pull that off. The remaining two oddish and the two pidgey likewise stood/hovered there, looking at the double-knock-out as though trying to decipher what just happened.
Marble's thoughts come to a complete stop as she realizes the psuedo-legendary had managed to defeat a Pokemon that, by all accounts, had every advantage against him. She barely avoids a sigh of jealousy as the legends of various Lucario-line Pokemon are brought to the forefront of her mind. Clearly, this one was no different. That Aura stuff was more like magic than any move she'd seen.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:56 pm Then, suddenly, Kimera found himself running like crazy, dodging acid shots and bursts of Gust as all the remaining wild Pokemon targeted him. "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!" He screamed as he ran in circles from the pursuing Pokemon. "GETEMOFFMEGETEMOFFMEGETEMOFFME!!!!"
Well, as far as a carry goes, that was pretty impressive. The Growlithe considers, pushing herself upright and shaking her coat back down as her threats attempt to engage Kimera. He can never know that. As the Oddish attempt to run off she Bites at one's leg, attempting to use the brief grip to swing her head around and throw the Pokemon behind her.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

Leafolawl wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:00 am "Be ready to get a pecha berry to Marble when we're free," the rockruff says automatically, before the whole situation can be processed, and then steps forward to follow through with intervening in the attack on the poochyena. He steps in to the Gust, keeping his eyes closed to keep the sand he'd scattered out of them until he feels the wind trying to rip through his fur and across his rocks. Knowing that the light sand would never stay in the more turbulent air, his eyes snap open to fix on his target.

He leaps from the ground at the pidgey who'd thrown the Gust, hoping to catch it off guard with one of his large Crush Claws and maybe rip away some feathers to expose a soft point... but even if he missed, the rockruff immediately plants the paw to kick off with the hind ones for a Tackle at the spot he had aimed for with his claws.

... and that's when the screaming finally registers, and his focus goes to the riolu making the scene. So much for getting to cover, Kim... please be able keep that up for a bit longer. "After we're clear, I'll help Kim, keep fighting!"
Deske wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:53 am As soon as the Pidgey moved T almost instinctively countered it, launching his own attack just slightly ahead of the Pidgey, "Aha, no, me first," he grinned as his attack tore towards the offending flying pokemon. Unfortunately, this left him relatively open to the Sand Attack. He weathered it well, but was left wiping sand and dirt out of his eyes for a few seconds.
The barrage of attacks knocked one of the Pidgey out cold, but left the other two relatively unharmed, and in pursuit of Kimera.
DdeeStar wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:46 am Well, as far as a carry goes, that was pretty impressive. The Growlithe considers, pushing herself upright and shaking her coat back down as her threats attempt to engage Kimera. He can never know that. As the Oddish attempt to run off she Bites at one's leg, attempting to use the brief grip to swing her head around and throw the Pokemon behind her.
The attack is successful, and the oddish is thrown to the edge of the clearing. It staggers to its feet, then flinches upon looking back at Marble.

The other oddish and the two remaining pidgey are still chasing after Kimera. Kim rushes to the edge of the clearing and starts jumping between trees, building momentum. Finally, he rebounds off of one of the trees, blurring through the air, and strikes a pidgey with a Quick Attack.

--------------------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:46 am
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:56 pm Wiki winced at the pressure against his wound, but didn't say anything in response. He seemed either too scared to, or he didn't want to admit it hurt.
The pressure lightens slightly, worry clear on the Servine's frown. "Hey, kiddo, you don't have to brace yourself." One vine retracts into his collar, returning damp with the Aromatherapy-infused sap. It carefully paints the area around the wound and bandage in an attempt to soothe the pain. "Everything's gonna be okay. Let me worry about how it looks, because I can see it. But I can't tell what hurts, alright? I need you to help me with that. There's no treating it if the treatment's just as bad as the cut, right?" Ilex responds softly, trying to reassure the Caterpie.
The Caterpie nodded, but didn't say anything.

In a few minutes, Grovyle was back. He had a few blue Oran berries in his arms. "Luckily it isn't too hard to find these things." he said. "How's the kid?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

Three down, even match... I'm missing something, no time to focus on it.

Einar takes the opportunity to follow up on Kimera's quick movements by hitting the same pidgey from behind, using the same one-two combo of crush claw to tackle... but instead he uses the first move to find purchase on one pidgey's back so he can jump off it with the height required to hit the other pidgey with the tackle.

It's the extended moment in the air that he finally realizes the stunt's downside, as with no way to move around while airborne he's fairly vulnerable. Oh, pebbles.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:56 pm The Caterpie nodded, but didn't say anything.

In a few minutes, Grovyle was back. He had a few blue Oran berries in his arms. "Luckily it isn't too hard to find these things." he said. "How's the kid?"
"He's a trooper. Putting on a brave face." Ilex replies, keeping his attention on the youth. With the leaf's hold stemming from his neck, he can't quite turn around without disturbing his attempt at treatment. "Awful brave for a kid who's been through a scare like that." He adds softly, a small nod affirming his own statement. "No birdy business on your end? They've been... fussier today than usual."

===========
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:56 pm The attack is successful, and the oddish is thrown to the edge of the clearing. It staggers to its feet, then flinches upon looking back at Marble.

The other oddish and the two remaining pidgey are still chasing after Kimera. Kim rushes to the edge of the clearing and starts jumping between trees, building momentum. Finally, he rebounds off of one of the trees, blurring through the air, and strikes a pidgey with a Quick Attack.
And that's the victory there. Hopefully the kid's acrobatics scatter the rest of the spores, I didn't expect them to take that long to come back down. The Growlithe reviews, idly fluffing her coat and throwing a nasty glare at the separate Oddish, expecting it to flee without further interaction. He took what, nothing for damage this far? I'd call it skill if he didn't run around screaming afterward, but either way, this team shouldn't need my help for the rest of this.
Leafolawl wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:32 pm Einar takes the opportunity to follow up on Kimera's quick movements by hitting the same pidgey from behind, using the same one-two combo of crush claw to tackle... but instead he uses the first move to find purchase on one pidgey's back so he can jump off it with the height required to hit the other pidgey with the tackle.
Turning her gaze back to the battle, she takes a moment to admire Rising Village's gymnastics team at work. ...but, I've got places to be. Supposedly, they do too. So let's cut this performance short. With a practiced flourish of her budding mane, Marble dons a savage stance. A soft growl is audible, her head dipped as she measures her breath, then thrown upward with "SCATTER!" bursting forth in a mighty Roar.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

Leafolawl wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:32 pm Three down, even match... I'm missing something, no time to focus on it.

Einar takes the opportunity to follow up on Kimera's quick movements by hitting the same pidgey from behind, using the same one-two combo of crush claw to tackle... but instead he uses the first move to find purchase on one pidgey's back so he can jump off it with the height required to hit the other pidgey with the tackle.

It's the extended moment in the air that he finally realizes the stunt's downside, as with no way to move around while airborne he's fairly vulnerable. Oh, pebbles.
The combo was highly successful. The Crush Claw knocked the first pidgey right out of the sky, and, with Einar and Kimera's attacks both striking the second pidgey at once, the second one also tumbled to the ground. Kimera landed, but slipped in the grass and fell on his backside.

"Ow..." he said.
DdeeStar wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:02 pm Turning her gaze back to the battle, she takes a moment to admire Rising Village's gymnastics team at work. ...but, I've got places to be. Supposedly, they do too. So let's cut this performance short. With a practiced flourish of her budding mane, Marble dons a savage stance. A soft growl is audible, her head dipped as she measures her breath, then thrown upward with "SCATTER!" bursting forth in a mighty Roar.
The remaining wild Pokemon, which were pretty much just the two oddish, immediately turned around and fled the area. The fight was over. Upon closer look, the ground seems riddled with items that might be of value. Medical items like berries, reviver seeds, as well as a strange orb.

----------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:02 pm "He's a trooper. Putting on a brave face." Ilex replies, keeping his attention on the youth. With the leaf's hold stemming from his neck, he can't quite turn around without disturbing his attempt at treatment. "Awful brave for a kid who's been through a scare like that." He adds softly, a small nod affirming his own statement. "No birdy business on your end? They've been... fussier today than usual."
"I know how to handle pidgey. But you're right, they've been disturbed. Word is the Alpha took a beating while out hunting." Grovyle said, crushing some of the oran berries into a paste to apply to Caterpie's injury.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

Similarly to Kimera, the rockruff fails to land gracefully, tumbling a short ways as he hits the ground. He doesn't deign to spend long there though, picking himself up as quick as he can to scan around the area for threats, as well as giving another scan of the sky. "We're clear for now. T, Kim, gather what we can fit in our bags, it might be useful later," he instructs, catching his breath. "Keep an eye on the sky, I don't know where that pidgeotto went, but I don't trust it vanishing like that. Knew I was missing something"

Finally, he turns to their companion, padding over to her. "Are you okay? Any nausea, dizziness?" Einar inquires, ignoring the feeling of weakness now quickly setting in from the absorb.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:05 pm "I know how to handle pidgey. But you're right, they've been disturbed. Word is the Alpha took a beating while out hunting." Grovyle said, crushing some of the oran berries into a paste to apply to Caterpie's injury.
Ilex takes a moment to comprehend exactly what's been said, applying another small coating of the sap onto the bandage itself. With a small huh he responds "So... there's something worse than the worst of the Pidgey-liners around here.", completely neutrally. This is followed by a jovial "Well, hopefully they reach an understanding sooner than later! Wouldn't bet they're any friendlier, eh bud?" devoid of any worry as to his own conclusion.
===========
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:05 pm The combo was highly successful. The Crush Claw knocked the first pidgey right out of the sky, and, with Einar and Kimera's attacks both striking the second pidgey at once, the second one also tumbled to the ground. Kimera landed, but slipped in the grass and fell on his backside.

"Ow..." he said.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:05 pm The remaining wild Pokemon, which were pretty much just the two oddish, immediately turned around and fled the area. The fight was over. Upon closer look, the ground seems riddled with items that might be of value. Medical items like berries, reviver seeds, as well as a strange orb.
Leafolawl wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:10 pm Similarly to Kimera, the rockruff fails to land gracefully, tumbling a short ways as he hits the ground. [...]
A steady breath of relief escapes between the Growlithe's panting as she watches the Oddish vanish. Whatever her thoughts on the orders, she had been assigned to incapacitate them. It'd be mortifying to watch this group handle being both outnumbered and outmatched, WIN, and then come help her with a pair of Basic-stage Pokemon. Her gaze wanders over as the pair of thuds resound from the grass, ensuring that they move again before she returns to her introspection. With a violent shake, she releases her excess warmth, forcing the Agility back into her muscles. The aches respond sharply, but other than a briefly stiffened stance it's well-hidden.
Leafolawl wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:10 pm [...] He doesn't deign to spend long there though, picking himself up as quick as he can to scan around the area for threats, as well as giving another scan of the sky. "We're clear for now. T, Kim, gather what we can fit in our bags, it might be useful later," he instructs, catching his breath. "Keep an eye on the sky, I don't know where that pidgeotto went, but I don't trust it vanishing like that. Knew I was missing something"

Finally, he turns to their companion, padding over to her. "Are you okay? Any nausea, dizziness?" Einar inquires, ignoring the feeling of weakness now quickly setting in from the absorb.
Marble's head sweeps over to the Rockruff immediately, bothered by his timing. She forces herself into a more natural stance, gritting her teeth as she responds "I'm fine, I-" Her own silence surprises her, and she has to turn and clear her throat before being able to respond. Her voice is audibly hoarse, the repeated Roaring wearing at her voice. "Fine! I'm fine. Tend to your teammates and let's get moving." With the sudden roughness, she seems to realize how harsh she sounds, adding a quick "Please." before she immediately turns and begins to walk to the edge of their battlefield.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

Grovyle nodded casually as he applied more of the Oran berry paste to Wiki's wound. "Normally the path is pretty safe. I was actually trying to make my way to the Apple orchard when that alpha chased me off of the path. Because this whole forest is a mystery dungeon, I couldn't find my way back to the path. The forest changes constantly, and it got me confused."

--------------------------

Kimera stood up and brushed himself off before moving to pick up some of the items on the ground. He picked up two Oran berries, a reviver seed, the strange orb, and a weird stick that caught his attention. It had a strong aura to it that typical sticks don't have.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

Were Marble to look back, she'd see the rockruff's analytical gaze remain on her as he steps slowly over to his team. "... I could probably talk your ear off about all the observations I've made, so I'll stick to the relevant ones," he begins, talking in a hushed voice. "She's not just hurt, she's exhausted. That oran berry earlier handled the scratches, but she's almost completely spent. Once we find Wiki, it's best we return as fast as possible... for both their sakes."

He shakes his head and turns to look at them. "The oddish gave me a bit of a scare there before Marble stepped in, but I'm in... decent condition. As long as we don't run into issues with any more grass types I'll probably be fine, what about you two?"
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:52 pm Grovyle nodded casually as he applied more of the Oran berry paste to Wiki's wound. "Normally the path is pretty safe. I was actually trying to make my way to the Apple orchard when that alpha chased me off of the path. Because this whole forest is a mystery dungeon, I couldn't find my way back to the path. The forest changes constantly, and it got me confused."
"Hmm... so if we run across the path again, you know the way back to his town?" The Servine ventures, turning his neck to attempt to spot it through the dense trees. "Does it lead to that orchard, or is there another town nearby?"
===========
Marble's gaze returns to the party once she reaches the clearing, but as they settle in to collect themselves she sighs and turns upwards. There's no ignoring the itching of her legs, pushing her to just walk off without them, but she wasn't foolhardy enough to run into another ambush alone. I gave him my word we'd be out of here. But we won't be at this rate, he's going to come back. And what am I doing? Standing around, licking my wounds. Pitiful. Not that she'd even managed that, but there was neither need nor means. The Acid burning had mostly caught in her outer coat, leaving that flank exposed to the (comparatively) cold air around her, but that and the blunt attacks were things only actual rest could help. Though, thanks to the Agility still coursing through her body, she can't bear to sit still and ends up spending the brief respite lightly pacing around the exit route.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:43 pm"Hmm... so if we run across the path again, you know the way back to his town?" The Servine ventures, turning his neck to attempt to spot it through the dense trees. "Does it lead to that orchard, or is there another town nearby?"
"Let me think..." Grovyle said, rubbing his lower jaw. "There's a fork in the road once you reach the south-east entrance to the woods. Traveling west from there gets you to the orchard, while going East reaches Rising Village. I came from up north, and I was on my way to Rising Village when I got chased. If we reach the road, following it South or East should lead us to that fork, but..." he sighed. It wasn't a matter of knowing how to follow the road. Any time someone passed through a tight thicket or rounded the corner around a cluster of trees, the forest would change. You could turn around and find yourself somewhere completely different from where you came from.

"Finding that road is a matter of luck, unless there's a guild member somewhere in the woods..."

-------------------------
Leafolawl wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:34 am Were Marble to look back, she'd see the rockruff's analytical gaze remain on her as he steps slowly over to his team. "... I could probably talk your ear off about all the observations I've made, so I'll stick to the relevant ones," he begins, talking in a hushed voice. "She's not just hurt, she's exhausted. That oran berry earlier handled the scratches, but she's almost completely spent. Once we find Wiki, it's best we return as fast as possible... for both their sakes."

He shakes his head and turns to look at them. "The oddish gave me a bit of a scare there before Marble stepped in, but I'm in... decent condition. As long as we don't run into issues with any more grass types I'll probably be fine, what about you two?"
"I don't know how, but I'm ok." Kimera said. "My tail hurts where I landed on it, but other than that..."
DdeeStar wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:43 pmMarble's gaze returns to the party once she reaches the clearing, but as they settle in to collect themselves she sighs and turns upwards. There's no ignoring the itching of her legs, pushing her to just walk off without them, but she wasn't foolhardy enough to run into another ambush alone. I gave him my word we'd be out of here. But we won't be at this rate, he's going to come back. And what am I doing? Standing around, licking my wounds. Pitiful. Not that she'd even managed that, but there was neither need nor means. The Acid burning had mostly caught in her outer coat, leaving that flank exposed to the (comparatively) cold air around her, but that and the blunt attacks were things only actual rest could help. Though, thanks to the Agility still coursing through her body, she can't bear to sit still and ends up spending the brief respite lightly pacing around the exit route.
"We should get going..." the riolu suggested. "We need to find Wiki and get out of here so we can get back home." He said, leading the way to the edge of the clearing before waiting for the others to follow.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar shakes himself off, and starts following not far behind Kimera. "C'mon Marble, we're ready to head out," he calls back, putting his effort to not sag from being literally physically drained back in full effect. You're not in above your head yet... Keep your paws moving, remember what you were taught, he says to himself internally, eyes warily scanning the trees for any other potential ambushes.

What have you observed about this mystery dungeon... You've been told it's fast acting and shifts at random, but you haven't seen evidence of that yet. The road is truly static, you could see that when entering. Wild pokemon of the mystery dungeon can get on the road, but don't entirely seem aware of it, very limited observation to that detail... Possible self-contained ecosystem. Probably mysteriosity two on a good day. Seems spiked to a three, maybe even a four with the storm having just gone through. Shouldn't be too hard to get out of here.

I hope.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:37 pm "Let me think..." Grovyle said, rubbing his lower jaw. "There's a fork in the road once you reach the south-east entrance to the woods. Traveling west from there gets you to the orchard, while going East reaches Rising Village. I came from up north, and I was on my way to Rising Village when I got chased. If we reach the road, following it South or East should lead us to that fork, but..." he sighed. It wasn't a matter of knowing how to follow the road. Any time someone passed through a tight thicket or rounded the corner around a cluster of trees, the forest would change. You could turn around and find yourself somewhere completely different from where you came from.

"Finding that road is a matter of luck, unless there's a guild member somewhere in the woods..."
"A matter of luck...?" The Servine mumbles aloud, idly trying to remember the last time he'd wandered across the beaten path. It happened often enough for him that he didn't find it notable, but apparently, that was more of an issue for this Grovyle. He slowly meanders to the edge of their opening in the trees with a look of intense thought on his face, looking out into the forest, before stopping and raising his little leaves to shout "HEY! ANY GUILD MEMBERS OUT THERE?"
===========
Leafolawl wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:05 pm Einar shakes himself off, and starts following not far behind Kimera. "C'mon Marble, we're ready to head out," he calls back, putting his effort to not sag from being literally physically drained back in full effect. You're not in above your head yet... Keep your paws moving, remember what you were taught, he says to himself internally, eyes warily scanning the trees for any other potential ambushes.
In her dazed state, the warning becomes actually necessary. With her eyes on the ground in front of her and her thoughts turned completely inward, she doesn't manage to catch Kimera's passing by and only manages to join the three at the end after a brief stumble in her gait. She allows a moment's recovery before she speaks up, clearing her throat beforehand, though it does nothing to repair the hoarse voice. "I want to make it clear, my statement earlier still stands. You all can turn back. I'll do this on my own." While in every sense she herself seems unfit to continue, her tone doesn't falter. After a short set of coughs, she adds "If you all fall here, any time we've gained will be lost, and more. The better part of valor is discretion." She concludes, the last sentence an automatic echo of her mother's admonishments for doing exactly what both she and the party were doing - pushing past their ability. Not that she had any intent to obey now any more than every other time previous, but the argument was sound. Just not heroic.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar growls a little at Marble's last few words. "You're the one without a bag that's covered in dirt foreign to the area," he begins, stopping suddenly to turn a stern look up at the growlith. "You might be bold and strong, but I can tell that you at the very least have no idea what the rules of a mystery dungeon are based on just your stunt with the oddish. You admit yourself you're uncoordinated in fights by telling us your claws hit Wiki's tail while you were protecting him from the pidgeot earlier.

"I wouldn't trust you to navigate a basic mysteriosity one mystery dungeon alone, let alone a complex nature mysteriosity two base while it's in an after-storm mysteriosity spike. Do you even know how to forage for food, or is that oran we gave you earlier the only thing you've had to eat in awhile?" He challenges, eyes locked on her as he has to grit his teeth to fight raising his voice.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

Leafolawl wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:32 am Einar growls a little at Marble's last few words. "You're the one without a bag that's covered in dirt foreign to the area," he begins, stopping suddenly to turn a stern look up at the growlith. "You might be bold and strong, but I can tell that you at the very least have no idea what the rules of a mystery dungeon are based on just your stunt with the oddish. You admit yourself you're uncoordinated in fights by telling us your claws hit Wiki's tail while you were protecting him from the pidgeot earlier."
Marble's awkward gait continues unbothered, her remaining attention still alternating behind them and beside them. What is his issue now. The sudden focus on her pushes her to try to hide her injuries again, putting her weight evenly across her paws again. Her pained scowl is partially disguised by her labored breaths, panting through her open mouth and keeping her eyes from his as she continues to limp after the party. All of Einar's statements are seemingly ignored, though the mention of the Pidgeot sends her sights skyward briefly. I... look. A short coughing fit brings a smile back to her face, though it fades back almost immediately as her weight falls on her front paws again. This post-struggle shoutdown was a tradition she was used to, one she'd never won. There may be a new participant, but the idea was the same. She knew what she had done, and she didn't regret it. If that attack had hit him... he would've been done. I shouldn't be here... but I had to be here.
Destiny, you might say.
Leafolawl wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:32 am "I wouldn't trust you to navigate a basic mysteriosity one mystery dungeon alone, let alone a complex nature mysteriosity two base while it's in an after-storm mysteriosity spike. Do you even know how to forage for food, or is that oran we gave you earlier the only thing you've had to eat in awhile?" He challenges, eyes locked on her as he has to grit his teeth to fight raising his voice.
The Growlithe's forced march continues, her head finally lowering to the smaller pup before her a mere moment before she puts the full weight of her step directly into him. She pushes off to continue, working to recover her march's pace as she softly growls "Yell at me all you want. But don't stand in my way." There's no intent to intimidate; her pitifully weak shove moments prior would undermine any threat she could make. Her head flicks back forward as she continues after Kimera, her following statements made in a more neutral tone. "You're right, pup. I'm hungry. I'm exhausted. I'm totally lost. And I'm two seconds from collapsing." She looks back over her shoulder for just a moment, expecting him to follow. "But that kid is in trouble now." She turns back forward, staring off into the woods before them. "So these two seconds will have to last." Marble makes an attempt at a shrug, which only results in her stumbling over her own paws. "Uff... you all - you don't have to be here. Just..." Marble releases an exasperated breath, forcing down another all-too-familiar line. "...know when to give up."
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

"Arguing right now isn't going to help anyone." Kimera said with a surprising air of authority that he so far hadn't demonstrated. "Marble, right?" he said, pointing at the Growlithe. He reached into his bag and pulled out a number of small blue berries. "Eat these. They'll help your injuries and fill your belly a bit. Don't bother refusing. You're just going to be one more person we need to rescue if you end up collapsing from hunger!"

He then turned to Einar. "We need all the help we can get. So, let's just get moving."

Finally, he turned to T. "Come on, T. You and I will lead the way. Between your nose and my weird aura things..." he tapped the aura-sensing appendages on his head, "we'll have the best chance of picking up on where Wiki is."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:57 pm "Arguing right now isn't going to help anyone." Kimera said with a surprising air of authority that he so far hadn't demonstrated. "Marble, right?" he said, pointing at the Growlithe. He reached into his bag and pulled out a number of small blue berries. "Eat these. They'll help your injuries and fill your belly a bit. Don't bother refusing. You're just going to be one more person we need to rescue if you end up collapsing from hunger!"
The seriousness of the youth before her gives Marble pause. Well, he's not wrong... She rationalizes, heavily tempted by the berries at her paws. She stops walking, watching the food. And maybe it'll get the other kid off my back. I'm doing my best.

"Your bes-

NOPE SHUT UP She immediately presses into her thoughts, dropping her muzzle to scarf down the berries. While she was never a picky eater, Orans had always been bland to her. In her current state, however, she was happy to dramatize how distasteful they were to her to help bury her mother's words. She's finished in moments, licking her lips as she begins to walk with near complete comfort again. She'd still need rest, but considering how the last 48 hours had gone, she was in prime condition. The satisfied smile on her face snaps to a focused expression as she barks "Oh! Ah, thank you. I appreciate it." with a thankful nod in his direction.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
Post Reply