Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:23 pm The explanation given floated just above Ilex's head, but the point was enough for it to work. Where 'the town' is or what he meant by selling flowers really didn't matter. "Got it, thataway." The Servine takes another eager step before once again stopping short. "Can you walk alright or do you need me to carry you, bud?" While his wounds were no longer visible, Ilex had long learned the pain doesn't fade quite as quickly. Putting the Caterpie on his tail as he walked would be quicker - and provide a sort of defense around him thanks to his sharp leaves.
Wiki sniffed and tried to stand up, but his tiny body was shaking so much from fear he simply flopped back over. "Oof! U-um... I don't think I can walk... I feel all wobbly..." the caterpie whimpered.

-------------------------------

The Pidgeot was so focused on getting Kimera off of his leg he did not see the incoming rock until it struck his wing right where he had been previously burned. The bird pokemon shouted out in startled pain and wobbled in midair. He tried to regain balance, winced, overcorrected, wobbled some more, then finally slammed face first into the ground and skidded across the damp grass and mud.

Kimera was knocked off of the Pidgeot's leg when the bird crash landed. The riolu bounced a couple of times away from the crash sight before somersaulting into a tree. "Ooog..." he moaned, dazed and looking up at both his feet and the sky. "Ow..."

The Pidgeot stood up, then shuddered at the roar. It looked around, first at the growlith he was fighting, then to Kim and T, and finally at Einar. The bird glared, sizing them up and trying to figure out what to do next. Ultimately, the Pidgeot decided to flee. "...You're not worth it." he said. Pidgeot winced as it raised it's wings, then took off into the sky, flying away from the fight to go look for some berries or some other, easier meal.

"Didwewin?" Kim mumbled. "Purdy stars... heh..." he waved his hand above him as though trying to catch some stars only he could see.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar held his breath... then released it after the Pidgeot flew off. "We're not civilians," he corrects. "T, tend to her, I'll get Kim." He instructs, running over to Kimera. "That was bold, but stupid. We'll talk it over after we get back to base," he admonishes quietly. He looks inside his bag, scowling slightly. :Reviver seeds, orans...: "That's far too many pecha berries for a job like this..." He pulls an oran berry, holding it out for Kim. "Heew igh, ahn hick ahnhee scraaks ohr cuhks hehoor yew hwaaloh."

(Translation: Chew it, and lick any scrapes or cuts before you swallow.)
Last edited by Leafolawl on Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:35 pm Wiki sniffed and tried to stand up, but his tiny body was shaking so much from fear he simply flopped back over. "Oof! U-um... I don't think I can walk... I feel all wobbly..." the caterpie whimpered.
"Oh!" In a flash the Servine is by Wiki's side, gently adding "That's alright, it's alright! Just hold still for a second..." Ilex inspects Wiki for a moment, trying to plan out some effective way to carry him. His face lights up as the idea arrives, his vines poking out from his collar and slowly snaking under his companion. The lift is slow and steady, carefully placing the Caterpie against the back of his neck so his head was mostly hidden behind the crowning leaf of Ilex's own. One vine pulls back as the other supports Wiki as a platform, giving the other time to wrap around Wiki's upper tail and Ilex's neck like a loose belt. Without struggle, this vine would support Wiki on both sides while the other gave him a place to sit on far above the sharp leaves on his back. "How's this?" He whispers, unable to actually see Wiki anymore.
============
Deske wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:00 pm T had been preparing to probably do something, maybe anything to help Kimera, but was waylaid by the sudden Roar that had come from the Growlithe. He listens, if only because it keeps him from having to fight, but doesn't really believe she can back up what she saying. He even chuckles at the mention of "civvies", retorting, "What are you, the police?" in a half joking manner. He continued to watch Kimera, not that he could catch him or anything like that.
Between the tunnel vision inspired by her battle rage and the sound of her own heartbeat in her ears, there's no clear sign that the Growlithe heard the response. It's not that she didn't sense the new voice in the mix; she's just far too focused to pay proper attention.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:35 pm [...] The Pidgeot stood up, then shuddered at the roar. It looked around, first at the growlith he was fighting, then to Kim and T, and finally at Einar. The bird glared, sizing them up and trying to figure out what to do next. Ultimately, the Pidgeot decided to flee. "...You're not worth it." he said. Pidgeot winced as it raised it's wings, then took off into the sky, flying away from the fight to go look for some berries or some other, easier meal.

"Didwewin?" Kim mumbled. "Purdy stars... heh..." he waved his hand above him as though trying to catch some stars only he could see.
Upon the Riolu's multiple collisions Marble takes repeated pangs of guilt, her own wounds responding and pushing her further into the diehard attitude. Her fangs glint as the Pidgeot takes off, eyes filled with indignant rage. It's not until he leaves her sight that her head drops in both annoyance and shame, a held breath devolving into pained coughs. As the emergency (and adrenaline) fades, her energy rapidly dips, the soft trembling ending as she collapses to the ground. Get up. Get up. GET UP. But the righteous thoughts have lost their gravitas. There's nothing left to push her to her feet.
Leafolawl wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:46 pm Einar held his breath... then released it after the Pidgeot flew off. "We're not civilians," he corrects. "T, tend to her, I'll get Kim." [...]
Well, maybe that's something? Her aches seem to whisper. No. They're kids. And that Riolu ran up and punched a flying type! And I was so impatient that they had to save my sorry tail! She chastises herself, gritting her teeth and closing her eyes as she manually slows her breathing into slow, almost meditative breaths. With the help of her mother's breathing technique, the Morning Sun's blessing once more warms her fur, mending the Twister's many small cuts and easing the Wing Attack's concussive force. Breathe, focus, slow down. The Rockruff is on top of things, I shouldn't interfere. Failure is part of being a hero.

...I just wish it wasn't so clearly my fault here.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Deske »

"Uuhhhh..." T glances over at the Growlithe then back to Einar. "Alright, let's see what I can do," he says, heading over to the mon. As soon as he gets over he notices the cuts beginning to heal and, despite this, begins to rummage through his pack for an Oran berry. "Uh, don't move? Take it is? Ugh, what do you say to people in this situation," he says, pulling one out and setting it on the ground. He looks between the berry and the fire type, opting to nudge it over to her muzzle. "Enjoy?"
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

Leafolawl wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:46 pm Einar held his breath... then released it after the Pidgeot flew off. "We're not civilians," he corrects. "T, tend to her, I'll get Kim." He instructs, running over to Kimera. "That was bold, but stupid. We'll talk it over after we get back to base," he admonishes quietly. He looks inside his bag, scowling slightly. :Reviver seeds, orans...: "That's far too many pecha berries for a job like this..." He pulls an oran berry, holding it out for Kim. "Heew igh, ahn hick ahnhee scraaks ohr cuhks hehoor yew hwaaloh."

(Translation: Chew it, and lick any scrapes or cuts before you swallow.)
Kimera shook the dizziness from his head and looked up at Einar. "OooHhh... My head..." he cringed, then steadily rolled over and got to his feet. He wobbled a bit, but managed to stay upright. "Uh... Thanks..." The Riolu took the oran berry and took a bite out of it. He gave his wounds a lick, making faces at the taste of mud and grass on his fur, then swallowed the berry. Almost immediately, Kim felt the aches and pains across his body start to lessen as the berry took effect. "Ahh... That's much better! How's the growlith?"

------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:17 pm "Oh!" In a flash the Servine is by Wiki's side, gently adding "That's alright, it's alright! Just hold still for a second..." Ilex inspects Wiki for a moment, trying to plan out some effective way to carry him. His face lights up as the idea arrives, his vines poking out from his collar and slowly snaking under his companion. The lift is slow and steady, carefully placing the Caterpie against the back of his neck so his head was mostly hidden behind the crowning leaf of Ilex's own. One vine pulls back as the other supports Wiki as a platform, giving the other time to wrap around Wiki's upper tail and Ilex's neck like a loose belt. Without struggle, this vine would support Wiki on both sides while the other gave him a place to sit on far above the sharp leaves on his back. "How's this?" He whispers, unable to actually see Wiki anymore.
The Servine would be able to feel Wiki's trembling as the caterpie held onto his back with his suction cup feet. "U-um... B-better I think..."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

The rockruff glances back at the fire-type. "Well..." He turns back to Kimera, an ear folded to the side. "She's gonna be sore, but I think she's okay. She took more of a beating than you did, and probably... No, definitely over a longer period. We still need to get to Wiki though." He pauses, looking over Kim with concern. "Are you sure you're okay?"
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:08 pm The Servine would be able to feel Wiki's trembling as the caterpie held onto his back with his suction cup feet. "U-um... B-better I think..."
Ilex starts to nod before the increased pressure reminds him he's carrying the Caterpie. "Good, good. Things will be fine, I promise! I've seen a bunch of Pokemon having way worse days - and by the time they were done resting, they had their smile back, because y'know, things get better! I get chased around a lot too, believe it or not. Flying-types really like my vines and, well, that's not great. But there's quiet moments like this where you can look around -" He does so, then begins to walk at a steady pace back in the direction Wiki came from. "- and you see things can be nice, right? All the pretty leaves, the sunbeams shining down..." The Servine takes a full, deep breath; he's completely at ease despite the distant screeching of a Flying-type throughout the conversation. "Feels like today can still be a good day, right? We'll get you back safe and sound, and you'll have a new story to share with your ma!"
===========
Alright, pity party's over. Big fight's done, sulking is just a waste of time.

Again, Marble tries to push herself to her feet. There's a visible effort to it, her muscles tensing and limbs shaking as she tries to support her weight, but the pain of the wounds remains fresh and quickly cut short her attempt. Once more she falls to the ground, a gasp and muffled whine escaping through grit fangs. Her healing is as powerful as her mother's, but far more gradual, even in direct sunlight. It'd mean more valuable time wasted before she could get moving again.
Deske wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:50 pm "Uuhhhh..." T glances over at the Growlithe then back to Einar. "Alright, let's see what I can do," he says, heading over to the mon. As soon as he gets over he notices the cuts beginning to heal and, despite this, begins to rummage through his pack for an Oran berry. "Uh, don't move? Take it is? Ugh, what do you say to people in this situation," he says, pulling one out and setting it on the ground. He looks between the berry and the fire type, opting to nudge it over to her muzzle. "Enjoy?"
The injured Growlithe watches with a curious expression as T approaches, temporarily giving up on her attempts to force herself upright. They're carrying Orans? I got waaaay too lucky here. It's going to be harder to pay this one back... The bags had completely skipped her notice - as had everything else not directly between the Pidgeot and herself.

"...thank you. I owe you three a bunch." She responds with a careful tone, slowly reaching a paw out to pull the Berry to her mouth. A quick bite bisects the Berry, and it's just as quickly swallowed to allow her to speak further. "But this place is dangerous, and I meant what I said. You all need to leave before he gets back. I'm leaving too. At least, as soon as I can find that Caterpie kid." Her gentle report seems to tax her further, but she manages to shift to a straight lying position, looking down at the Berry rather than at T himself.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

Leafolawl wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:22 pm The rockruff glances back at the fire-type. "Well..." He turns back to Kimera, an ear folded to the side. "She's gonna be sore, but I think she's okay. She took more of a beating than you did, and probably... No, definitely over a longer period. We still need to get to Wiki though." He pauses, looking over Kim with concern. "Are you sure you're okay?"
"Yep! That guy was a pushover. I've taken much harder hits than that!" Kimera said cheerfully. After a brief pause, he dropped the act. "Ok. That's a lie. That bird was way stronger than I thought, and the type disadvantage against those gusts made them hurt a lot more. But I Endured the Hit!"
DdeeStar wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:47 am The injured Growlithe watches with a curious expression as T approaches, temporarily giving up on her attempts to force herself upright. They're carrying Orans? I got waaaay too lucky here. It's going to be harder to pay this one back... The bags had completely skipped her notice - as had everything else not directly between the Pidgeot and herself.

"...thank you. I owe you three a bunch." She responds with a careful tone, slowly reaching a paw out to pull the Berry to her mouth. A quick bite bisects the Berry, and it's just as quickly swallowed to allow her to speak further. "But this place is dangerous, and I meant what I said. You all need to leave before he gets back. I'm leaving too. At least, as soon as I can find that Caterpie kid." Her gentle report seems to tax her further, but she manages to shift to a straight lying position, looking down at the Berry rather than at T himself.
"We're here to find him too!" Kimera said, jogging over to the growlith. "We're from the Rising Village Guild. Wiki, the Caterpie kid, is from Rising Village too. What's your name? Did you see where he went? Want to join us?? We could use a fire type on the team! There's lots of Oddish and Roselia and stuff in the woods we could use help getting past!" Kimera asked, bouncing excitedly on his toes.

---------------------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:47 am Ilex starts to nod before the increased pressure reminds him he's carrying the Caterpie. "Good, good. Things will be fine, I promise! I've seen a bunch of Pokemon having way worse days - and by the time they were done resting, they had their smile back, because y'know, things get better! I get chased around a lot too, believe it or not. Flying-types really like my vines and, well, that's not great. But there's quiet moments like this where you can look around -" He does so, then begins to walk at a steady pace back in the direction Wiki came from. "- and you see things can be nice, right? All the pretty leaves, the sunbeams shining down..." The Servine takes a full, deep breath; he's completely at ease despite the distant screeching of a Flying-type throughout the conversation. "Feels like today can still be a good day, right? We'll get you back safe and sound, and you'll have a new story to share with your ma!"
Wiki listened, but didn't say anything. He didn't know what to say. His mom must be so worried about him... He never meant to scare her, and he'd have to do something for her to make up for it. Not because Mrs. Monarch expected it, but because Wiki felt bad. He was in the middle of trying to recall a nice patch of nectar filled flowers he found once he thought his mom would like when he looked up at the trees around them... and noticed something that made him shiver. "U-um... Mr. Snake? The... The trees are repeating themselves... Mr. Snake? Are... Are we going in circles?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Deske »

T sat back on his haunches as Kimera bombarded the Growlithe with questions. Eventually he leaned forward, "You want to repay us then you could join us or tell us what you know. Preferably both. But uh," he glanced over at Kimera "Don't stress yourself, alright?"
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

DdeeStar wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:47 am Wiki listened, but didn't say anything. He didn't know what to say. His mom must be so worried about him... He never meant to scare her, and he'd have to do something for her to make up for it. Not because Mrs. Monarch expected it, but because Wiki felt bad. He was in the middle of trying to recall a nice patch of nectar filled flowers he found once he thought his mom would like when he looked up at the trees around them... and noticed something that made him shiver. "U-um... Mr. Snake? The... The trees are repeating themselves... Mr. Snake? Are... Are we going in circles?"
"Hmm..." Ilex mumbles as he steps past the leaf bandages he'd removed from Wiki's cut. "I don't think so. I think the forest is going in circles!" He chirps happily, as though this solved the problem. "I'm walking forward, so unless I'm turning and I don't realize it..." Ilex stops dead, doing a gentle circle in place. "Nope, still feels like turning. So it must be the forest." A quick shrug, then back to following the path.
===========
CyberDragon wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:50 am "We're here to find him too!" Kimera said, jogging over to the growlith. "We're from the Rising Village Guild. Wiki, the Caterpie kid, is from Rising Village too. What's your name? Did you see where he went? Want to join us?? We could use a fire type on the team! There's lots of Oddish and Roselia and stuff in the woods we could use help getting past!" Kimera asked, bouncing excitedly on his toes.
Marble's attention flicks to Kimera for only a second, focusing back on T just as quickly. Once she realizes he's waiting for the Riolu to finish, she finishes the last half of the Berry and pushes herself up to her full height. There's far less difficulty in the movement, and as Kimera finishes speaking she gives her coat a single violent shake to vent the trapped heat. Well, that's... a relief, actually. If they arrived here they probably have a better tracker than me, which should speed this whole thing up. And I can make sure they get out alright, too, instead of spinning them around and sending them off. Clearly I don't have to worry about him keeping up. Concussion, maybe.
Deske wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:35 am T sat back on his haunches as Kimera bombarded the Growlithe with questions. Eventually he leaned forward, "You want to repay us then you could join us or tell us what you know. Preferably both. But uh," he glanced over at Kimera "Don't stress yourself, alright?"
With a quick nod Marble answers "There's a Caterpie with purple antennae deeper into this forest. I was coming from Blustering Heights off yonder -" The direction is given with a raised paw flicked up/backward. "- and ran across him on the beaten path. He saw me about the same time the Pidgeot stalking him did, I imagine. Pidgeot dove, and when I got between them the hit knocked me off my paws. My claws hit the kid's tail." Her tone doesn't bother to hide her disappointment with her failure, but it's far from self-pity. "They don't retract. Thankfully the kid was gone before I was up and steady. He's cut though - we need to be quick. He'll be drawing in hunters left and right now that the Pidgeot's gone. And if you all are here for him, it's only right I help. I'm... not a great tracker though." The embarrassment is a little more buried, but her sudden glance around isn't subtle.

She focuses again after a moment and finally addresses Kimera's energetic interrogation with a small smile. "Provided you aren't picking fights, the threat of fire is a lot more powerful than anything I can safely use here. We shouldn't be bothered."
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar steps forward, giving a nod. "You shouldn't worry too much about the tracking, as all three of us all have the ability to track to some extent. T and--" He blinks. "Right, introductions. T is the poochyena here. His species is known for its sense of smell... as is mine. Both of us can scent track, and Kimera here has aura sense," he continues, motioning with his head to the riolu. "He says he's not that good at it yet, but he's the one that found you, speaking on technicalities. My name is Einar." He sniffs at the growlith a bit.

"... From what I can smell, you weren't together very long, but that's definitely Wiki... The pidgeot's hunting grounds shouldn't swarm with scavengers or weaker hunters quite yet, so we can get a bit of a head start." He sniffs around a little, then starts following her trail of her fight back. "Sorry I'm keeping introductions brief, but time might not be on our side for long. We can walk while we talk."
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:42 am "Hmm..." Ilex mumbles as he steps past the leaf bandages he'd removed from Wiki's cut. "I don't think so. I think the forest is going in circles!" He chirps happily, as though this solved the problem. "I'm walking forward, so unless I'm turning and I don't realize it..." Ilex stops dead, doing a gentle circle in place. "Nope, still feels like turning. So it must be the forest." A quick shrug, then back to following the path.
Wiki kept his eyes out, but the more they moved, the more nervous he became. "The road's gone!" he wimpered. "Was here earlier..."

----------------------------------------
Deske wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:35 am T sat back on his haunches as Kimera bombarded the Growlithe with questions. Eventually he leaned forward, "You want to repay us then you could join us or tell us what you know. Preferably both. But uh," he glanced over at Kimera "Don't stress yourself, alright?"
"Yeah! You should totally join us!" Kimera said, bouncing up and down even harder and faster. "Your aura's really strong, and I can tell you're feeling better because your aura is getting even stronger!"
DdeeStar wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:42 am With a quick nod Marble answers "There's a Caterpie with purple antennae deeper into this forest. I was coming from Blustering Heights off yonder -" The direction is given with a raised paw flicked up/backward. "- and ran across him on the beaten path. He saw me about the same time the Pidgeot stalking him did, I imagine. Pidgeot dove, and when I got between them the hit knocked me off my paws. My claws hit the kid's tail." Her tone doesn't bother to hide her disappointment with her failure, but it's far from self-pity. "They don't retract. Thankfully the kid was gone before I was up and steady. He's cut though - we need to be quick. He'll be drawing in hunters left and right now that the Pidgeot's gone. And if you all are here for him, it's only right I help. I'm... not a great tracker though." The embarrassment is a little more buried, but her sudden glance around isn't subtle.

She focuses again after a moment and finally addresses Kimera's energetic interrogation with a small smile. "Provided you aren't picking fights, the threat of fire is a lot more powerful than anything I can safely use here. We shouldn't be bothered."
Leafolawl wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:23 am Einar steps forward, giving a nod. "You shouldn't worry too much about the tracking, as all three of us all have the ability to track to some extent. T and--" He blinks. "Right, introductions. T is the poochyena here. His species is known for its sense of smell... as is mine. Both of us can scent track, and Kimera here has aura sense," he continues, motioning with his head to the riolu. "He says he's not that good at it yet, but he's the one that found you, speaking on technicalities. My name is Einar." He sniffs at the growlith a bit.

"... From what I can smell, you weren't together very long, but that's definitely Wiki... The pidgeot's hunting grounds shouldn't swarm with scavengers or weaker hunters quite yet, so we can get a bit of a head start." He sniffs around a little, then starts following her trail of her fight back. "Sorry I'm keeping introductions brief, but time might not be on our side for long. We can walk while we talk."
"He likely went into the Pidgey Path Mystery Dungeon!" Kimera said, checking the direction Einar was sniffing, as well as raising his own aura sensors. "He'll still be there if he left the dirt path. Um..." Kimera shifted uncomfortably. "That might make things tougher. I'll be able to pick up on Wiki's aura when we're close, but because of the weird space stuff that goes on in those dungeons, it might be hard to figure out an exact direction. But if we keep going down the path, I'll be able to sense when we're nearby! Then we can spread out and look!"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:34 pm Wiki kept his eyes out, but the more they moved, the more nervous he became. "The road's gone!" he wimpered. "Was here earlier..."
Without a hint of urgency, the Servine gives a soft laugh. He doesn't even bother to check his surroundings as he continues in the arbitrary direction. "It's fine! The path is where all the hunting happens anyway. We'll take the scenic route, for safety's sake." His gait is cheerful, subdued slightly to avoid any nausea for Wiki, but the years of woods-walking never grew old to Ilex. So many varied Pokemon lived in the wild!
===========
Leafolawl wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:23 am Einar steps forward, giving a nod. "You shouldn't worry too much about the tracking, as all three of us all have the ability to track to some extent. T and--" He blinks. "Right, introductions. T is the poochyena here. His species is known for its sense of smell... as is mine. Both of us can scent track, and Kimera here has aura sense," he continues, motioning with his head to the riolu. "He says he's not that good at it yet, but he's the one that found you, speaking on technicalities. My name is Einar." He sniffs at the growlith a bit.
Each guild member is given an appraising look as they're mentioned, but her gaze doesn't linger and quickly switches back to the deeper woods with no more than a nod of acknowledgment. Einar's approach catches her off guard, snapping her to a more guarded posture momentarily, but as he continues she relaxes once more.
Leafolawl wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:23 am "... From what I can smell, you weren't together very long, but that's definitely Wiki... The pidgeot's hunting grounds shouldn't swarm with scavengers or weaker hunters quite yet, so we can get a bit of a head start." He sniffs around a little, then starts following her trail of her fight back. "Sorry I'm keeping introductions brief, but time might not be on our side for long. We can walk while we talk."
CyberDragon wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:34 pm "Yeah! You should totally join us!" Kimera said, bouncing up and down even harder and faster. "Your aura's really strong, and I can tell you're feeling better because your aura is getting even stronger!"
He is very adamant about inviting me to join. Marble just manages to catch herself before an audible sigh escapes, covering it with a soft cough. Her response is formal, diplomatic politeness replacing an actual answer. "I am. And I'll see you all reach safety, be assured."
CyberDragon wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:34 pm "He likely went into the Pidgey Path Mystery Dungeon!" Kimera said, checking the direction Einar was sniffing, as well as raising his own aura sensors. "He'll still be there if he left the dirt path. Um..." Kimera shifted uncomfortably. "That might make things tougher. I'll be able to pick up on Wiki's aura when we're close, but because of the weird space stuff that goes on in those dungeons, it might be hard to figure out an exact direction. But if we keep going down the path, I'll be able to sense when we're nearby! Then we can spread out and look!"
The Growlithe slides her paws forward along the ground, stretching the Agility back into her newly energized muscles. Other than the minor fatigue from an overnight march, she was raring to dash back into the forest. Not another moment passes before she's in her stance again, looking back to address the trio eagerly. "Let's get moving then!"
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

"Let's be careful," the rockruff begins, looking back at each of his companions as he stresses the word, "about splitting up. We're here to save a kid, we shouldn't slow ourselves down with making sure none of us get lost." Einar continues his walk, sniffing on occasion. "You sound familiar with the dungeon, Kim?"
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:46 pm Without a hint of urgency, the Servine gives a soft laugh. He doesn't even bother to check his surroundings as he continues in the arbitrary direction. "It's fine! The path is where all the hunting happens anyway. We'll take the scenic route, for safety's sake." His gait is cheerful, subdued slightly to avoid any nausea for Wiki, but the years of woods-walking never grew old to Ilex. So many varied Pokemon lived in the wild!
The two of them did encounter a number of pokemon. Mostly Oddish and pidgey who avoided the stronger-looking Servine. But as they entered the next area, another Pokemon was already there. It was a Grovyle, and something was clearly wrong with it. It paced back and forth, mumbling while rubbing it's hands together. It's head darted left and right, looking around for something...

"This way? No, no... This way. No no no no no... Been that way... Ah!" He looked up to the sky, flinching. "...Nothing... Nothing nothing nothing... noooo... Many things... So many birds... So many beaks! It's here... it's coming for me... Where is it? where is it where is it where is it..." the Grovyle muttered.

----------------------------------------
Leafolawl wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:34 pm "Let's be careful," the rockruff begins, looking back at each of his companions as he stresses the word, "about splitting up. We're here to save a kid, we shouldn't slow ourselves down with making sure none of us get lost." Einar continues his walk, sniffing on occasion. "You sound familiar with the dungeon, Kim?"
"A little familiar, yeah." Kim admitted. "I've lived in Rising Village all my life. Pidgey Path was the main road to other villages when I was really little. They made the other road because Pokemon kept getting lost in the Mystery Dungeon."
DdeeStar wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:46 pm The Growlithe slides her paws forward along the ground, stretching the Agility back into her newly energized muscles. Other than the minor fatigue from an overnight march, she was raring to dash back into the forest. Not another moment passes before she's in her stance again, looking back to address the trio eagerly. "Let's get moving then!"
"W-Wait! Stick to the path until we get there! The woods are weird!" Kimera said, running after the Growlithe. Or rather, flailing. He's fast, but he's not Agility fast.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:48 pm The two of them did encounter a number of pokemon. Mostly Oddish and pidgey who avoided the stronger-looking Servine. But as they entered the next area, another Pokemon was already there. It was a Grovyle, and something was clearly wrong with it. It paced back and forth, mumbling while rubbing it's hands together. It's head darted left and right, looking around for something...

"This way? No, no... This way. No no no no no... Been that way... Ah!" He looked up to the sky, flinching. "...Nothing... Nothing nothing nothing... noooo... Many things... So many birds... So many beaks! It's here... it's coming for me... Where is it? where is it where is it where is it..." the Grovyle muttered.
Each Pokemon encountered is greeted with a gentle "Morning!" or "Hi there!", the leaves on his flanks giving small flutters in their direction. Despite the lack of both a clear plan and a useful direction, Ilex is perfectly at home among the Basic Pokemon, and any reason for worry or stress melts off under the warmth of the sun. His strides are finally broken by the Grovyle's erratic rustling, leading the Servine to approach. "Oh, hold on bud, someone's up here. Hail!" He calls, waving the right leaf happily. A second to analyze the situation garners a concerned follow-up. "Are you alright? You seem a bit worried."

===========
CyberDragon wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:48 pm "W-Wait! Stick to the path until we get there! The woods are weird!" Kimera said, running after the Growlithe. Or rather, flailing. He's fast, but he's not Agility fast.
Rising Village... I figured I'd have heard of it, at least, or- Marble hadn't even noticed her progress after calling them, delving back into the company of her thoughts and letting her path trace itself as it had been so far. "Ah! Sorry, I..." The forward momentum shifts into a quick twirl on the spot, bounding back to the scenting Rockruff to address the trio. "Your lead. I'll watch our backs." Once more she's made the distance, standing a few feet back from the party and scanning their surroundings warily.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar looks back at Marble when she takes a watchful position in the group, then between his two other companions. "We shouldn't be too far from the path, unless I somehow missed us entering the mystery dungeon. From there it should be easy, as Kim was saying. So, let's get one thing cleared up. Either myself or..." He pauses at a sudden realization, though his strides continue as he scrunches his face. "We never did catch your name. What is it?" he inquires, looking back to the Growlith in question.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:37 pm Each Pokemon encountered is greeted with a gentle "Morning!" or "Hi there!", the leaves on his flanks giving small flutters in their direction. Despite the lack of both a clear plan and a useful direction, Ilex is perfectly at home among the Basic Pokemon, and any reason for worry or stress melts off under the warmth of the sun. His strides are finally broken by the Grovyle's erratic rustling, leading the Servine to approach. "Oh, hold on bud, someone's up here. Hail!" He calls, waving the right leaf happily. A second to analyze the situation garners a concerned follow-up. "Are you alright? You seem a bit worried."
The Grovyle looked up, immediately growling. "NO! Stay back! Back trickster! You... YouYouYou... You did this, didn't you! You made this place change! Why hold me prisoner?! But... but if I beat you... Things will make sense... HOLD STILL DEMON!"

The Grovyle launched forward, the sharp leaves on his arms glowing as he prepared to strike with Leaf Blade.

---------------------------------
DdeeStar wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:37 pm Rising Village... I figured I'd have heard of it, at least, or- Marble hadn't even noticed her progress after calling them, delving back into the company of her thoughts and letting her path trace itself as it had been so far. "Ah! Sorry, I..." The forward momentum shifts into a quick twirl on the spot, bounding back to the scenting Rockruff to address the trio. "Your lead. I'll watch our backs." Once more she's made the distance, standing a few feet back from the party and scanning their surroundings warily.
Leafolawl wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:14 am Einar looks back at Marble when she takes a watchful position in the group, then between his two other companions. "We shouldn't be too far from the path, unless I somehow missed us entering the mystery dungeon. From there it should be easy, as Kim was saying. So, let's get one thing cleared up. Either myself or..." He pauses at a sudden realization, though his strides continue as he scrunches his face. "We never did catch your name. What is it?" he inquires, looking back to the Growlith in question.
"I'll lead the way. I've lived here longest, and it sounds like I know Pidgey Path the best. Come on, let's get back to the road. This way!" Kimera waves a hand ahead of himself, then bounds off towards the trail they left when they went to rescue Marble. "None of us is going to be able to smell him or sense him until we're in the same part of the Mystery Dungeon as he is, but keep your noses in the air, guys!"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:53 pm The Grovyle looked up, immediately growling. "NO! Stay back! Back trickster! You... YouYouYou... You did this, didn't you! You made this place change! Why hold me prisoner?! But... but if I beat you... Things will make sense... HOLD STILL DEMON!"

The Grovyle launched forward, the sharp leaves on his arms glowing as he prepared to strike with Leaf Blade.
The growl stops Ilex short, an empathetic frown on his face. He listens quietly as the Grovyle speaks, head tilted in confusion, but the message is clear. Before the commands end Ilex pulls himself to his full height and carefully looks up at the Grovyle's face, readying to face the attack for Wiki's protection. Both vines snake silently along his collar, the bulb ends resting just beside the Caterpie in an attempt to both comfort and prepare him.

Both leaf appendages raise in the air, a step backward slowly taken. An uncharacteristic solemnity replaces his casual air as he replies "There's no need to fight. You're lost, confused, probably hungry - you aren't the first. But I can help. Just take a breath, talk to me." There's no stress in the response, not even braced muscles as the Servine looks him directly in the eyes. A warm smile is given as he awaits the tension's end. Either he'd take the hit and run... or it would work.
===========
Leafolawl wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:14 am Einar looks back at Marble when she takes a watchful position in the group, then between his two other companions. "We shouldn't be too far from the path, unless I somehow missed us entering the mystery dungeon. From there it should be easy, as Kim was saying. So, let's get one thing cleared up. Either myself or..." He pauses at a sudden realization, though his strides continue as he scrunches his face. "We never did catch your name. What is it?" he inquires, looking back to the Growlith in question.
The Growlithe's attentive stare sweeps carefully past her flanks as Einar speaks, barely realizing she's being addressed until the conversation lulls. With a start she replies "Oh! Right!" and with a practiced ease she executes a quick twirl, letting the momentum fluff her tail and mini-mane as she curls her innermost paw to her chest. With a self-assured grin she declares "I am Hero Marble!", holding the pose for another second before dropping back into her sentinel's march.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:53 pm "I'll lead the way. I've lived here longest, and it sounds like I know Pidgey Path the best. Come on, let's get back to the road. This way!" Kimera waves a hand ahead of himself, then bounds off towards the trail they left when they went to rescue Marble. "None of us is going to be able to smell him or sense him until we're in the same part of the Mystery Dungeon as he is, but keep your noses in the air, guys!"
Kimera's announcement is received with a quick nod, the Growlithe once more gesturing the party on before herself.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:49 pm The growl stops Ilex short, an empathetic frown on his face. He listens quietly as the Grovyle speaks, head tilted in confusion, but the message is clear. Before the commands end Ilex pulls himself to his full height and carefully looks up at the Grovyle's face, readying to face the attack for Wiki's protection. Both vines snake silently along his collar, the bulb ends resting just beside the Caterpie in an attempt to both comfort and prepare him.

Both leaf appendages raise in the air, a step backward slowly taken. An uncharacteristic solemnity replaces his casual air as he replies "There's no need to fight. You're lost, confused, probably hungry - you aren't the first. But I can help. Just take a breath, talk to me." There's no stress in the response, not even braced muscles as the Servine looks him directly in the eyes. A warm smile is given as he awaits the tension's end. Either he'd take the hit and run... or it would work.
The calm voice doesn't seem to calm the Grovyle down."Nonononono! You're trying to trick me! Get my guard down! Then everything will start... changing again! It... it's changing... It's changing right now I can feel it... Stop it! STOP IT!"

The Grovyle charged, launching the Leaf Blade attack straight at Ilex.

-----------------------------------

Kimera ran forward on the path, looking behind himself to make sure the others were following before passing what he knew was the border into the Pidgey Path Mystery Dungeon. He kept his aura sensors raised for any sign of a Caterpie like Wiki. So far, there wasn't anything he could recognize like that, but he could feel a number of other Pokemon in the area...
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:47 pm The calm voice doesn't seem to calm the Grovyle down."Nonononono! You're trying to trick me! Get my guard down! Then everything will start... changing again! It... it's changing... It's changing right now I can feel it... Stop it! STOP IT!"

The Grovyle charged, launching the Leaf Blade attack straight at Ilex.
The attack isn't much of a surprise - the speed is, though, and the force behind it is far greater than the Servine had expected. The read on the move buys him enough time to reel back preemptively, but the outer edge of the move still slashes into Ilex and turns his rapid backpedal into an unbalanced stumbling. One vine falls limply to the ground, the other holding Wiki carefully as Ilex replies, the blooming backup plan (and Grassy Terrain) requiring him to delay. "Alright, alright... ah, ha, ouch. Okay. I'm not going to stand here and faint... that just screws us both over. Last offer." The fallen vine trails along the ground, pausing briefly as it passes over a large fallen branch. "If everything's changing around you... then... you just need to change, too! Change your tactics! Wandering around isn't going to help, but..." The dropped vine finally returns to the forefront, wrapped gingerly around a barely-ripe Persim Berry. "How about taking a bite and a minute to clear your head some?"
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

"No, nonononono! I will not be tricked by you!" Grovyle growled. "You're trying to change me! Everything is... It's all..." He gripped his head, looking like he was about to start pounding it against some tree or rock or another thing when his stomach growled.

It seemed to snap him out of it for the moment as he sniffed and saw the berry. "So... hungry..." he said to himself. Without warning, he rushed forward and grabbed the berry, biting into it with a crunch. He took another couple of bites until the Persim Berry was gone. "Mmm... That's... wait..." he blinked, clarity returning to him as he looked around. "Um... where are we? Who are you?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

The rockruff looks around at the beginning of the dungeon, doing his best to analyze the surrounding woods. "... I don't like the idea of you potentially straining yourself with endure, Kim. If we're going to do this split up tactic, I'd appreciate if you stuck with me or..." He looks back at the growlith, holding in a chuckle. ""Hero" over here. He then turns his attention back to the riolu. "No offense, but I don't think you and T could cover each other properly here."
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Deske »

"Do either of you actually know this place well enough?" T said, piping up after having followed the group in relative silence. "I feel like splitting up somewhere that changes on a whim and leaving two of us without a guide is probably not a good idea."
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:07 pm "No, nonononono! I will not be tricked by you!" Grovyle growled. "You're trying to change me! Everything is... It's all..." He gripped his head, looking like he was about to start pounding it against some tree or rock or another thing when his stomach growled.

It seemed to snap him out of it for the moment as he sniffed and saw the berry. "So... hungry..." he said to himself. Without warning, he rushed forward and grabbed the berry, biting into it with a crunch. He took another couple of bites until the Persim Berry was gone. "Mmm... That's... wait..." he blinked, clarity returning to him as he looked around. "Um... where are we? Who are you?"
"Aunt Grace always said a good meal puts a head straight, looks like she's right again!" The Servine replies happily, trying to both reassure the Caterpie and show some modicum of civil awareness. "We're in the forest. Near a town, I'm told. And I'm Ilex!" His left leaf stretches out to the odd stranger, the other held against the wound gingerly. His vines slowly retract, the immediate threat clear.
===========
Deske wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:41 am "Do either of you actually know this place well enough?" T said, piping up after having followed the group in relative silence. "I feel like splitting up somewhere that changes on a whim and leaving two of us without a guide is probably not a good idea."
Between the self-imposed watch duty and her own easily distracted nature, Einar's small crack flies completely over her head. T, being closer, is not as lucky. Splitting up - are they for real? The concept seems to confuse her, a tint of caution to her voice. "Does your Guild not emphasize sticking together? A rescue mission is unusual enough for a merchantry to get involved in, but... you can't mean you're going to separate a member from your bodyguard?" She asks, a quick nod toward Kimera signaling her meaning.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Deske »

T raised his eyebrows when he figured out why Marble seemed to impressed, or concerned, that they were coming along for the rescue. Merch- wait, no. We're from the Adventurer's Guild, not the merchants guild." T glanced around at his teammates then back at Marble. "What- what part of this screams merchants guild to you?"
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

"We're not splitting up. I didn't say anything about splitting up." Kimera said, unusually authoritatively as they continued along Pidgey Path. "We're sticking together until we find Wiki! Splitting up is a sure way to get lost in these woods. Now come on, I haven't felt Wiki's aura yet which means we still have longer to go before we can get off of the path."

He looked to T and Marble and nodded. "T's right. We're not merchants, we're explorers! Merchants don't get sent after lost Pokemon." Kim looked back ahead and stopped. "Hang on. I thought I just saw something up ahead..."

-----------------------------------------

"...You can just call me Grovyle. What town are we near?" Grovyle asked.

"Um... Rising Village..." Wiki piped up.

Grovyle blinked as he saw Wiki for the first time. "...You're just a kid. What are you doing here? I didn't hurt you in my confusion did I?"

"N-no... I'm fine..." Wiki said, wincing a little at a new cut on his side from the leaf blade...
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

Deske wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:22 pm T raised his eyebrows when he figured out why Marble seemed to impressed, or concerned, that they were coming along for the rescue. Merch- wait, no. We're from the Adventurer's Guild, not the merchants guild." T glanced around at his teammates then back at Marble. "What- what part of this screams merchants guild to you?"
"There's an Adventurer's Guild around here?!" Marble cries out in surprise, freezing for a moment as she tries to organize herself. With a quick shake of her head she gives the group an appraising stare, once again falling behind. The shock wears off quickly enough, and she resumes her position notably closer to the group this time. "Sorry, I... I've been scouting these regions for years. I wasn't aware of any Adventurer's Guilds, let alone one this close to home... But the bags, that whole combat sequence." Her follow-up responses are more to herself than the group, her thoughts spilling out unrestricted.
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:08 pm He looked to T and Marble and nodded. "T's right. We're not merchants, we're explorers! Merchants don't get sent after lost Pokemon." Kim looked back ahead and stopped. "Hang on. I thought I just saw something up ahead..."
Marble's musings fall silent as Kimera alerts them, a soft frown left on her face as she scents at the air. It's been a while since I've been in this area, sure, but that was because that bandit troupe moved into the pass, wasn't it? How could a Guild set up that close to bandits that even we couldn't handle?
============
CyberDragon wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:08 pm "...You can just call me Grovyle. What town are we near?" Grovyle asked.

"Um... Rising Village..." Wiki piped up.

Grovyle blinked as he saw Wiki for the first time. "...You're just a kid. What are you doing here? I didn't hurt you in my confusion did I?"

"N-no... I'm fine..." Wiki said, wincing a little at a new cut on his side from the leaf blade...
Ilex's smile dips as the Caterpie's timid lie passes him. Even without the knowledge of his new wound, the kid had still had a hard time previously and this probably hadn't helped his nerves. "Well, nice to meet you! If you're heading out of here you're welcome to come with, we're looking to get him back to his ma." Ilex beams, happily soaking in the gentle ambient energy. "Hopefully you're feeling better now too, you seemed a bit excited earlier!" He says with a single laugh, no malice in his voice. Hostility was nothing new, more an inconvenience than any personal offense.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar laughs a bit at Marble's shock, but his face falls serious as he heeds Kimera's warning. "Up high or on the trail?" the rockruff inquires, slowly moving up towards the front. "Bug, poison, or flying and I can take the hit, grass I need to keep clear, everyone keep alert, call out what you see," he instructs, speaking up to make clear it's for the whole group.

His eyes scan the path ahead, but he also makes sure to look upward for any trouble. Keep on your toes, Einar. They're not depending on you, but you're here to do something. You won't get stronger if you don't mean what you're doing.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Deske »

"Uh... Yeah, there's like a whole town back the way we came," T says, raising an eyebrow at Marbles shock. "I guess you wouldn't know about it unless you'd come through here before... Whatever," he shakes his head, turning his attention to Kimera. "What'd it look like?" He asks.
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

"It's hard to tell..." Kimera said, inching forward towards a clearing the path ran through. "I didn't see it... I feel it..." He took another step, then froze. His aura sensors lifted, and he looked alarmed. "Wait! Monster House! Look out!"

The second after he said this, a small hoard of wild Pokemon descended from the surrounding trees. Three Pidgey, a Pidgeotto, a Spearow, and two oddish all lead by a large Scyther.

The Scyther pointed to the group of four adventurers. "After those intruders!"

-----------------------

"...No you're not." Grovyle said to Wiki, ignoring Ilex entirely. "You! Servine! You need to pay more attention to your charge! That leaf blade hit home. We need to wrap that injury up fast."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:37 pm "...No you're not." Grovyle said to Wiki, ignoring Ilex entirely. "You! Servine! You need to pay more attention to your charge! That leaf blade hit home. We need to wrap that injury up fast."
Automatically Ilex tries to turn to look at the Caterpie, eventually stopping as he remembers that his neck doesn't turn all the way around. The vines trawl backward from his collar, gently searching for a sign that Wiki's handling would worsen the condition, but with the vines' minimal sensory ability he simply returns to the original plan and carefully lowers himself to the ground, then lifts and places Wiki by his side. He returns to his feet with slight difficulty, Grovyle's orders leaving him in a state of slight concern. "Little bud? Are you hurt?" He asks softly, turning to pull a broad leaf from a branch overhead. "I don't have anything fancy, but we can treat it like the other one..." His attention drifts back as he finally snatches it down, preparing to apply pressure with the leaf as an improvised bandage. "How's that sound?" His own cut had quickly stabilized in the atmospheric healing, leaving only an indent in his flank as a sign of damage.
============
Maybe they moved on? But it's weird that we wouldn't have scouted it from the mountainside then. Unless they were Flying-types like that Pidgeot? But then they'd clash territories, and that one was definitely just wild. Did we just drop the ball that badly and not notice?
Deske wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:10 pm "Uh... Yeah, there's like a whole town back the way we came," T says, raising an eyebrow at Marbles shock. "I guess you wouldn't know about it unless you'd come through here before... Whatever," he shakes his head, turning his attention to Kimera. [...]
Right. It's on our maps. But when the bandits showed up, our focus turned towards the coastline because the rain made the mountains too dangerous for caravans and we lost access to the pass. So at some point, the bandits were switched out for an Adventurer's Guild, and none of us realized. Mom would flip her lid if she found out.
CyberDragon wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:37 pm "It's hard to tell..." Kimera said, inching forward towards a clearing the path ran through. "I didn't see it... I feel it..." He took another step, then froze. His aura sensors lifted, and he looked alarmed. "Wait! Monster House! Look out!"

The second after he said this, a small hoard of wild Pokemon descended from the surrounding trees. Three Pidgey, a Pidgeotto, a Spearow, and two oddish all lead by a large Scyther.

The Scyther pointed to the group of four adventurers. "After those intruders!"
Marble's distracted steps almost lead her directly into T, stopping just short of a collision. As she's ripped from her thoughts she finally recognizes the situation for what it is, hopping back to clear space and preparing to roar out a warning-

WAIT. They're an adventurer party. They need to be able to handle things like this. If I run in and clean this up, they're vulnerable to the same threat after I'm gone. I... I need to let them lead this. She reasons, leaving her in the clearly uncomfortable position of merely dropping into a defensive stance and waiting for the eventual attack. "Alright!" The Growlithe's bark interjects, adding a hasty follow-up at a lower tone "If you three are on a mission you should have a plan for these things. Tell me how I can help it."

Then again I just watched one punch a bird while the other two stood on the sidelines. Maybe this is a terrible idea.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

The rockruff's eyes dart around to size up each opponent, hackles raised. Fire, fighting, and... dark; then grass and poison, bug, flying... Too many type matchups, go with broad strokes...
DdeeStar wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:04 am"Alright!" The Growlithe's bark interjects, adding a hasty follow-up at a lower tone "If you three are on a mission you should have a plan for these things. Tell me how I can help it."
He begins Leering at the pidgeotto, singling out where he's going to start. "Better chance of getting where we need to through them than through the woods right now, so you're handling the oddish, just keep your distance if they start shaking themselves about, and try to stay upwind; Kim, I think your best bet's with the scyther; T, trust your own judgements."

The rockruff keeps in formation with the team, waiting for his opponents to get close so they can't pull away when he attacks. Don't charge a flying-type unless you can catch them unawares; their mobility will keep them out of reach of your attacks... and with their numbers, if they scatter they could harass everyone. Use their speed against them, hit them with Sand Attack first to disorient, then rip away feathers to expose them with your claws... if I can manage to.

It's too many birds for me to take down alone, but I can slow them down enough the other three can be handled.
... I hope.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Deske »

T side-eyed the rockruff, "Can we, I don't know, maybe talk about this first or something before we all go for each other's throats?" T says nervously. "Like- like how do you know we weren't just passing through? Or that us not getting where were goin' isn't gonna bring more to your door than you can handle?" He continued, remembering what he'd practiced and preparing to use the opponents power against them.
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:04 amAutomatically Ilex tries to turn to look at the Caterpie, eventually stopping as he remembers that his neck doesn't turn all the way around. The vines trawl backward from his collar, gently searching for a sign that Wiki's handling would worsen the condition, but with the vines' minimal sensory ability he simply returns to the original plan and carefully lowers himself to the ground, then lifts and places Wiki by his side. He returns to his feet with slight difficulty, Grovyle's orders leaving him in a state of slight concern. "Little bud? Are you hurt?" He asks softly, turning to pull a broad leaf from a branch overhead. "I don't have anything fancy, but we can treat it like the other one..." His attention drifts back as he finally snatches it down, preparing to apply pressure with the leaf as an improvised bandage. "How's that sound?" His own cut had quickly stabilized in the atmospheric healing, leaving only an indent in his flank as a sign of damage.
"I... feel kinda dizzy..." Wiki said, wobbling a little in place as he's set down.

"I'll look for an Oran berry. You keep pressure on that wound." Grovyle said, pointing to a rather nasty cut on Wiki's side.

----------------------------------

The Scyther charged in after Kimera, and the Riolu was just quick enough to respond. Kimera reached up, ducking under the Scyther's Fury Cutter attack, and grabbed the bug-type around the thorax. Kimera rolled onto his back and kicked up, hurling Scyther with a Circle Throw attack.

It wasn't very effective at all against the bug type, but it did send Scyther crashing down on top of the Spearow. "Quick! Everyone! Move back down the path we came from! We need to force them into a choke point, or we'll get surrounded!" Kimera shouted.

Two of the pidgey went after T, one whipped up it's wings and sent a swirling Gust of air towards him, while the other beat it's wings towards the ground kicking up sand in a Sand Attack.

Despite Einar's planning, the two oddish were headed for him. One spat out a jet of Acid at him, while the other attempted to drain his health with Absorb.

The last Pidgey divebombed towards Marble in a Tackle attack.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
DdeeStar
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:55 am
Location: The edge of sleep.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by DdeeStar »

CyberDragon wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:47 pm "I... feel kinda dizzy..." Wiki said, wobbling a little in place as he's set down.

"I'll look for an Oran berry. You keep pressure on that wound." Grovyle said, pointing to a rather nasty cut on Wiki's side.
"Will do!" Ilex responds automatically, moving to the Caterpie's side and snaking a vine down to firmly press the leaf against him. "Does it hurt when I press like this?" He asks gently, cautiously trying to move so he can see the youth's expression.

=============
Leafolawl wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:14 pm He begins Leering at the pidgeotto, singling out where he's going to start. "Better chance of getting where we need to through them than through the woods right now, so you're handling the oddish, just keep your distance if they start shaking themselves about, and try to stay upwind; Kim, I think your best bet's with the scyther; T, trust your own judgements."[...]
Marble winces as her mother's mocking laughter shrieks through her thoughts. Okay... okay, okay, okay! I did this, I let them handle it, and now they're in more danger because they've got nothing as orders! I get it! It's fine! I'll fix it! Her whole body shudders weakly as she once more tries to process her surroundings at Extreme Speeds, failing to even pull forth even an Agility-level acceleration. The previous exertion had far from faded, and forcing the regeneration was pushing the limits of any psychic ability she could claim. I can't snap to this, I have to fo-
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:47 pm The last Pidgey divebombed towards Marble in a Tackle attack.
With the Growlithe's attention automatically thrown to Kimera and his (presumably hopeless) matchup, the bird's dive isn't even acknowledged until it connects, tossing the surprised hero off her feet. "Ah!" She rolls back upright before the momentum stops, but no action is taken in response as she tries to size up the scene. This - something isn't right here. Wait... why are there Oddish?
Deske wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:06 pm T side-eyed the rockruff, "Can we, I don't know, maybe talk about this first or something before we all go for each other's throats?" T says nervously. "Like- like how do you know we weren't just passing through? Or that us not getting where were goin' isn't gonna bring more to your door than you can handle?" He continued, remembering what he'd practiced and preparing to use the opponents power against them.
"Never question orders on the field! You trust your commands or you act on your own and face the consequences. A golden rule, in her experience, but it was hard to blame the kid for this. Their guild master, on the other hand... "Get your team clear! I'll cover the retreat!" Granted, they had lost. The victory plan the rockruff was going for wasn't going to happen, but if the battle could be changed somewhat, there was always a chance.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:47 pm Despite Einar's planning, the two oddish were headed for him. One spat out a jet of Acid at him, while the other attempted to drain his health with Absorb.
Well, she'd technically still be following Einar's orders. Deal with the Oddish, right? She'd specifically said she wouldn't use any flame here, but with any luck...

"Don't ignore status effects. They've levelled better fighters than you. Which was the hope, this time. Marble springs into action, interposing herself between the two Oddish and the rockruff as best she can. All signs of pain are deliberately hidden, the Acid steaming off her thick coat as she looks down on the hostile weeds. Grass-poisons, but that's for self-defense. They're normally nocturnal, and have no clear stake in this battle. They don't need a territory, and definitely wouldn't be trying to defend it along with predatory birds who'd see them as food. They're being forced to do this.

A carefully controlled tone addresses the pair, unbothered by the raging battle. "Look. None of us need to get hurt. If you can help me here, I'll make sure you're safe and rewarded by the end of this. Now - I need you to throw as much Sleep Powder at me as you can, full force." Her head flicks back to the other pup briefly, to give a stern look and quick flick towards their proposed escape.
Every day is a million new chances to mess something up, and that couldn't be more exciting.
All the characters!
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

A lot of things happened at once, as one can expect in a fight. Einar, with his sharp mind, tried to catch everything by watching his team in the peripheral of his vision... though his attention is forced to one in particular.
DdeeStar wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:53 pm
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:47 pm The last Pidgey divebombed towards Marble in a Tackle attack.
With the Growlithe's attention automatically thrown to Kimera and his (presumably hopeless) matchup, the bird's dive isn't even acknowledged until it connects, tossing the surprised hero off her feet. "Ah!" She rolls back upright before the momentum stops, but no action is taken in response as she tries to size up the scene. [...]

"Get your team clear! I'll cover the retreat!" Granted, they had lost. The victory plan the rockruff was going for wasn't going to happen, but if the battle could be changed somewhat, there was always a chance.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:47 pm Despite Einar's planning, the two oddish were headed for him. One spat out a jet of Acid at him, while the other attempted to drain his health with Absorb.
[...] Marble springs into action, interposing herself between the two Oddish and the rockruff as best she can. All signs of pain are deliberately hidden, the Acid steaming off her thick coat as she looks down on the hostile weeds. [...]

A carefully controlled tone addresses the pair, unbothered by the raging battle. "Look. None of us need to get hurt. If you can help me here, I'll make sure you're safe and rewarded by the end of this. Now - I need you to throw as much Sleep Powder at me as you can, full force." Her head flicks back to the other pup briefly, to give a stern look and quick flick towards their proposed escape.
As the growlithe jumps in front of him to protect him after being unsteadied by the pidgey's attack, prioritizing the poison-type attack, she doesn't quite manage to protect him from the Absorb. However, it's not the fear of being eaten alive by the oddish that makes any fear reach his face... It's her words. Doesn't she know where she is?!

However, the knowledge that he alone would be a hindrance to her whether her plan works or (more than likely, he suspects) backfires is enough to make him tear away from the three to run towards T...

And he does, sliding in beside his companion, tail swinging wide as he does and scattering a Sand Attack from it at both of the flying-type assailants. "She'll need help soon," he warns the poochyena, eyes scattering over the fight in an attempt to keep track of what's going on. "Kim's fine for now, too many birds..." he adds through grit teeth.

Don't get angry... Don't get angry. Keep your head clear.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

DdeeStar wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:53 pm "Will do!" Ilex responds automatically, moving to the Caterpie's side and snaking a vine down to firmly press the leaf against him. "Does it hurt when I press like this?" He asks gently, cautiously trying to move so he can see the youth's expression.
Wiki winced at the pressure against his wound, but didn't say anything in response. He seemed either too scared to, or he didn't want to admit it hurt.

--------------------------------
Leafolawl wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:34 am A lot of things happened at once, as one can expect in a fight. Einar, with his sharp mind, tried to catch everything by watching his team in the peripheral of his vision... though his attention is forced to one in particular.
DdeeStar wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:53 pm
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:47 pm The last Pidgey divebombed towards Marble in a Tackle attack.
With the Growlithe's attention automatically thrown to Kimera and his (presumably hopeless) matchup, the bird's dive isn't even acknowledged until it connects, tossing the surprised hero off her feet. "Ah!" She rolls back upright before the momentum stops, but no action is taken in response as she tries to size up the scene. [...]

"Get your team clear! I'll cover the retreat!" Granted, they had lost. The victory plan the rockruff was going for wasn't going to happen, but if the battle could be changed somewhat, there was always a chance.
CyberDragon wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:47 pm Despite Einar's planning, the two oddish were headed for him. One spat out a jet of Acid at him, while the other attempted to drain his health with Absorb.
[...] Marble springs into action, interposing herself between the two Oddish and the rockruff as best she can. All signs of pain are deliberately hidden, the Acid steaming off her thick coat as she looks down on the hostile weeds. [...]

A carefully controlled tone addresses the pair, unbothered by the raging battle. "Look. None of us need to get hurt. If you can help me here, I'll make sure you're safe and rewarded by the end of this. Now - I need you to throw as much Sleep Powder at me as you can, full force." Her head flicks back to the other pup briefly, to give a stern look and quick flick towards their proposed escape.
As the growlithe jumps in front of him to protect him after being unsteadied by the pidgey's attack, prioritizing the poison-type attack, she doesn't quite manage to protect him from the Absorb. However, it's not the fear of being eaten alive by the oddish that makes any fear reach his face... It's her words. Doesn't she know where she is?!

However, the knowledge that he alone would be a hindrance to her whether her plan works or (more than likely, he suspects) backfires is enough to make him tear away from the three to run towards T...

And he does, sliding in beside his companion, tail swinging wide as he does and scattering a Sand Attack from it at both of the flying-type assailants. "She'll need help soon," he warns the poochyena, eyes scattering over the fight in an attempt to keep track of what's going on. "Kim's fine for now, too many birds..." he adds through grit teeth.

Don't get angry... Don't get angry. Keep your head clear.
The oddish were ignoring the growlithe's words. Whatever their reasons for joining the Monster House, they weren't persuaded to abandon those reasons. They started shaking their leaves, purple Poison Powder started drifting from them. One of the pidgey managed to blow away the Sand Attack with Gust, but the other was hit. It shook its head furiously to get the sand out of its eyes.

Meanwhile, the Scyther was trying to get up off of its Spearow ally. Without thinking, Kimera ran towards them and jumped. He flipped upside-down, placed a hand on the Scyther's head, and fired a point-blank Force Palm straight down. The Scyther slammed back into the ground, pinning the Spearow once more. Kimera soared straight up into the air, then dropped feet first. His legs ignited with admittedly small flames, and he landed straight on top of Scyther and spearow with a drop Blaze Kick. Kimera jumped back after the landing, and landed a few feet away.

Kimera looked at the spearow. It was face-down in the dirt, out cold. Scyther staggered to its feet, a burn where Kim had kicked him. He swayed dangerously, then fainted and fell to the ground. Kim blinked. The area got quiet. He had no idea how he managed to pull that off. The remaining two oddish and the two pidgey likewise stood/hovered there, looking at the double-knock-out as though trying to decipher what just happened.

Then, suddenly, Kimera found himself running like crazy, dodging acid shots and bursts of Gust as all the remaining wild Pokemon targeted him. "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!" He screamed as he ran in circles from the pursuing Pokemon. "GETEMOFFMEGETEMOFFMEGETEMOFFME!!!!"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
User avatar
Deske
Posts: 4357
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Deske »

As soon as the Pidgey moved T almost instinctively countered it, launching his own attack just slightly ahead of the Pidgey, "Aha, no, me first," he grinned as his attack tore towards the offending flying pokemon. Unfortunately, this left him relatively open to the Sand Attack. He weathered it well, but was left wiping sand and dirt out of his eyes for a few seconds.
User avatar
Leafolawl
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Currently on hold, please wait.

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by Leafolawl »

"Be ready to get a pecha berry to Marble when we're free," the rockruff says automatically, before the whole situation can be processed, and then steps forward to follow through with intervening in the attack on the poochyena. He steps in to the Gust, keeping his eyes closed to keep the sand he'd scattered out of them until he feels the wind trying to rip through his fur and across his rocks. Knowing that the light sand would never stay in the more turbulent air, his eyes snap open to fix on his target.

He leaps from the ground at the pidgey who'd thrown the Gust, hoping to catch it off guard with one of his large Crush Claws and maybe rip away some feathers to expose a soft point... but even if he missed, the rockruff immediately plants the paw to kick off with the hind ones for a Tackle at the spot he had aimed for with his claws.

... and that's when the screaming finally registers, and his focus goes to the riolu making the scene. So much for getting to cover, Kim... please be able keep that up for a bit longer. "After we're clear, I'll help Kim, keep fighting!"
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Post Reply