Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Discuss the comic here
Harry Johnathan

Re: Arcs that would never happen, but are fun to think about

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Startrekfan47 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:07 pm A flashback to when Cerbs and Pete were on a date.
Considering they were on EXTREMELY bad terms in Cerb’s first appearance, I doubt a more detailed a look at their relationship would be very fun. It would probably just be depressing.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Throw in a little gal pal vs Big Sister friction might generate some snickers. Or maybe Keene's Mom.
Startrekfan47

Post by Startrekfan47 »

A reality show parody "Keeping Up With The Kitsunes"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Rock tries his hand at producing a musical using talent from Babylon Gardens. Doesn't go too well since only Fiddler, Keys and Sasha are good at singing and everybody else makes ears bleed. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Duchess plots to ruin the Miltons by enlisting Nega-Breel to wreck the foundation's investments. However, she fails to reckon on "Aardvark, Fiscal Detecive" ... and the fact that the Foundation's account books are a titanic mess.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Rock ends up falling in love with a now transformed Kate Gelato. She DOES look like she is part of the mustelid family now...
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Colleen is back - and she wants to involve the Miltons in a plot to ruin Duchess. Keene is tempted, Breel is aghast, and Nega-Breel just wants to know who he can murder.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Steward ends up starting to date Todd's mom who has also been transformed into something from the Mephitidae family.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The Three Barn cats form a singing group with Fiddler and Keys.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Jata comes back and tries to woo Gale at the same time she begins seeing Poncho in a new light and a love triangle between the three of them develop.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Also, Pueblo’s biological father comes (literally) out of the woods experience civilization and reconnect with his son.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Another female fox comes out of the blue and claims that Kits (Kitsune's mortal form) is the father of HER kit (though she is mistaken because Kits just LOOKS like him).

Wacky soap opera hijinks ensues.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

<cue dramatic soap opera music>
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rock Milton wants a contract, a casting call, and twelve weeks of 22 minute scripts by Thursday. Talks are underway to get Tiger to direct, Marvin to provice production sites, and Zach Rabbit will stand-by on stage to wring his hands and bemoan any disasters upon cue.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sabrina decides to learn how to cook, and Rex agrees to coach her on one condition - no magic! Can Sabrina keep that vow and what transpires if she breaks it?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

That actually would be pretty neat!
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

An arc where we discovered the origins of all the Mr. Bigglesworth. :mrgreen:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

An Imaginate of the old sixties comedy It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. You could probably find a role for every critter in the Housepets! cast in that epic, assuming Rick had the decade to devote to drawing that epic.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not feeling like he is up to being a father, Peanut and Tarot argue about giving their pups up for adoption.
Harry Johnathan

Bailey joins a protest movement against Keene despite King’s apprehensions and wacky hi-jinks ensue.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
HiraokaNettoMichio

Post by HiraokaNettoMichio »

King misses Kitsune's antics to the point where he would do what it takes to bring him back, twelve tasks even.

Just something I'm planning to write. That's all.
Friend me on steam for a friendly game of whichever.

Steam Name: Hiraoka Netto Michio
(Username: James77358)
Steam Friend code: 51949146
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

A horrific calamity like a flood or a drought ends up hitting Babylon Gardens when everybody comes back and not everybody ends up surviving with most of the cast wiped out. This will definitely NEVER happen as it seems way too dark.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:35 pm A horrific calamity like a flood or a drought ends up hitting Babylon Gardens when everybody comes back and not everybody ends up surviving with most of the cast wiped out. This will definitely NEVER happen as it seems way too dark.
That doesn't sound very fun to think about.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rex decides to open a cooking school but his only student is ... Tiger. What could possibly go wrong?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Marvin is FINALLY fed up of dealing with all of Tiger's antics and being the straight man to them all and decides to move in with Zach and Jessica.
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:19 pm Marvin is FINALLY fed up of dealing with all of Tiger's antics and being the straight man to them all and decides to move in with Zach and Jessica.
This isn’t really “fun” to think about as much as it is kinda depressing. Tiger the character is obviously severely mentally ill and his family members abandoning him would probably just lead to disaster and tragedy.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The barn cats get adopted by new owners and end up in Babylon Gardens with Peanut and Grape which leads to a lot of pillow fights between them and Grape and a lot of the male characters having to jump into a lake. :mrgreen:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Fox accidentally discovers a scret that could destroy Kevin's whole image ... he play the violin. Classical!! ... and he's readlly good !!! :o
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

A new female mouse that is related to Squeak in some way whether by being her sister or her cousin shows up in Babylon Gardens. Spo ends up falling for her.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Lester and Dallas hatch a scheme to run Joey for President of the Good Ol' Dogs Club. Bino is amused until, convinced that Joey might just win, Duchess dumps him and decides to run for the office, too. Much Mayhem and Merriment ensue. :roll:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Earl and Jill are the ONLY owners in the neighborhood not transformed by Marion's choice and have to deal with it.
MischaTheWolf

Post by MischaTheWolf »

NHWestoN wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:30 pm Lester and Dallas hatch a scheme to run Joey for President of the Good Ol' Dogs Club. Bino is amused until, convinced that Joey might just win, Duchess dumps him and decides to run for the office, too. Much Mayhem and Merriment ensue. :roll:
Babylon Gardens would become another circle of hell that would be studied in history books.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Deevee ends up getting into soccer and over time loses interest in playing any video games.
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:52 pm Deevee ends up getting into soccer and over time loses interest in playing any video games.
Then he finds FIFA games and since it's a video game about soccer, he immediately regains interest in video games.

I had an idea a long time ago that the residents of Babylon Gardens start playing soccer and (since you brought him up) Deevee becomes the referee, meanwhile North Star and Rockstar Hawk bet on the matches. As the stake gets higher the two brothers try to persuade Deevee to manipulate the game in their favor but he comes up with a cunning plan to get back at them so both Rockstar and North Star lose.
My problem is that I can't imagine most of the residents of BG playing soccer outside of maybe Bailey and Kevin
I dunno, just imagine something funny here

And also just to advertise myself:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/chieris/
https://www.deviantart.com/dangraythewolf
Retrospring for my Housepets characters: https://retrospring.net/@Garfield474
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Intriguing. Sports as a venue for comedy, recurring themes in comics like Peanuts and Pogo never seem to have interested Rick. Odd, in a way, because forming teams and having them play/confound games like baseball, football, soccer or hockey would allow him field a large number of his extensive cast of characters.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Bino goes to therapy to deal with his inferiority complex and get some help and find out where the root of his prejudice towards cats come from.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

After disappearing from the comic with her first appearence, Colleen has returned to Babylon Gardens and is determined to take control of the Good Ol' Dogs' Club - by stealing Bino away from Duchess. Brace yourselves for the epic "Battle of the ... um ... well, you know ... PG-13 and all that ...: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

To be fair, I wouldn't mind seeing that because Colleen from what we have seen is the lesser of two evils. She may be a nasty piece of work to Duchess but she might not be that bad to anybody else. She could treat Bino better.

Of course, that would mean she broke up with her boyfriend Karo though. He seemed like a good, if smug guy.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:20 pm To be fair, I wouldn't mind seeing that because Colleen from what we have seen is the lesser of two evils. She may be a nasty piece of work to Duchess but she might not be that bad to anybody else. She could treat Bino better.

Of course, that would mean she broke up with her boyfriend Karo though. He seemed like a good, if smug guy.
Karo returns to have a "self-centered smugness show-down" with Todd the Red Panda.
(a) I have no idea how such a contest works - that's Rick's problem.
(b) While this comment might belong under the Cast Off Characters thread, I'll add it here - I think Rick likes Todd and he'll be back.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would be very surprised if Todd DIDN'T come back after the comic reboot begins again. I think he knows he can NEVER have too many characters susceptible to slapstick. :mrgreen: